Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/18/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's no surprise that Meghan is such a SOURPUSS.

I wonder if a producer in her ear told her to smile, since practically during the whole show, her mouth was turned down like Cruella Da Ville, along with a schmeer of her lip color above her stuffed up lips.

I took a pic of the hosts during the first segment. They were all laughing except for Meghan who looked like she was sucking on a lemon. I tried to upload it but it was too big.

She’ll be happy to learn that the Biden administration is going to call for an investigation of the arrest of the Russian guy she was talking about. 

• Love 8

Loved that Joy just called it what it was--Trump raping the country.  Also was surprised they didnt talk about the absolutely amazing US  youth poet laureate and youngest  inauguration poet.  Hopefully they will have her on for an interview.  

Edited by Rainyhawk
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, After7Only said:

She does it so often...  I did notice that Joy used a word and immediately, said, "is that a word?, if not I just made it up"....LOL.  I love how self aware she is in comparison.....

Joy used the word "putridity"  and then immediately wondered if it was a word (it is, she used it correctly).  Once she said it, it probably sounded unfamiliar, so she wasn't sure if it was right. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, debbie311 said:

I thought maybe after she had her baby she might soften up a bit, but nope, she is back as bitter as ever. I think Joy has had it with her.  I don't think it is "made for TV." She's just done and I don't blame her. MM is so defensive, you can't really have a conversation with her about topics, she becomes very offended.  She's extremely thin-skinned, despite whatever she thinks and says about herself.

I wish they would replace her with someone who is able to carry on a conversation/debate without becoming so angry.  She takes the pleasure out of watching the show.

I wanna see an articulate conservative who is not a Trump supporter but can still offer insight into the Republican perspective and balance the table without being so inflammatory all the time. So far, I'm only familiar with Ana Navarro, but I'm sure there's others we don't know about. 

Also, I hate to say this because I practically begged for her to come back, but Sara isn't doing it for me this time around. She's just not very interesting anymore. I'd rather see another younger moderate or a young progressive. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, OnTime said:

Exactly.

Is Meghan going to give a free pass to republicans if they are found to have aided the rioters by giving tours of the Capital the day before?

She said that they (the insurrectionists) "should be in Gitmo," but will get mad if Joy agrees with her. I really want one of the other ladies to ask Meghan why she always asks Democrats to embrace "the other side," but never asks that of Conservatives. 

• Love 12
45 minutes ago, bella1716 said:

Also, I hate to say this because I practically begged for her to come back, but Sara isn't doing it for me this time around. She's just not very interesting anymore. I'd rather see another younger moderate or a young progressive. 

Sara is completely wrong for The View and it gets more obvious everyday.  This show is no longer about the best shampoo and brownies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

She said that they (the insurrectionists) "should be in Gitmo," but will get mad if Joy agrees with her. I really want one of the other ladies to ask Meghan why she always asks Democrats to embrace "the other side," but never asks that of Conservatives. 

Meghan is freaking weird with Joy. It's almost like she's got a crush on her and wants her attention and enjoys the bickering, kind of like school boys and immature men who neg. Her treatment of Joy reminds me a lot of the way a former coworker of mine treated me after he was rejected. He'd pick on me for everything, wasn't that nice in general but especially an asshole toward me, yet he was still sensitive about how I saw him and if I cared. Remember how butt hurt Meghan got when Joy said she missed her zero? lol

1 hour ago, bella1716 said:

I wanna see an articulate conservative who is not a Trump supporter but can still offer insight into the Republican perspective and balance the table without being so inflammatory all the time. So far, I'm only familiar with Ana Navarro, but I'm sure there's others we don't know about. 

I also want a conservative at the table, just not a rude one like Meghan. Trust me, I want to hear all sides, and I'd much rather not tune in to someone like Laura Ingraham or Liz Wheeler. If I could get a conservative perspective while I enjoy Joy and Sunny, great. Meghan's just such a partisan brat. I prefer Ana to her too, but there are so many other conservatives out there. I also think if Whoopi or Sara were to go, I'd want that seat replaced with a progressive, maybe someone like Krystal Ball. I enjoy Sara and think she's smarter than she's given credit for, but I know politics isn't her schtick. I wish I could have her on The Talk because she really is enjoyable when she's discussing various life topics. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, deirdra said:

I live very close to the ("free", public) Canadian hospital where Ted was born and also the house he lived in.  Before I knew that he lived in that ugly, out-of-place "Spanish" colonial, I drove by it because it was on a convenient short cut, but since 2015 I've been driving the long way around to avoid it.  But then we have to see his face on The View.

This is great, which neighbourhood is it in?

6 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I use cc and backed it up three times and it trailed off but get the impression she’s meant I’d like to finish an answer, a thought, or not have Megan have the last comment!   Joy was so good today.   I meant to mention last week that she or her husband or daughter mastered her hair coloring, something  I haven’t. 

I tried to get it too, and I agree, it was probably something like have the last word.

7 hours ago, deirdra said:

Today Whoopi signed off with just "wear a mask and wash your hands".  I guess the segment where they talked about Garth Brooks' hugging people at the Inauguration finally made an impression on her.  Took long enough.

Did they talk about this? All of the hugging was making me a bit crazy. It was fine with family members, but lots of other people were hugging.

8 hours ago, cinsays said:

yeah, that pretty much sums up her thinking, though that wasn't at all what Joy said.  very frustrating.

and what is it she's annoyed about what Biden's already done - the travel ban, immigration changes?  i didn't see anything about gun laws

This is really annoying. So she once again says she doesn't agree with Biden's policies, stating that she disagrees with policy changes he has already made. Is she against reuniting children with their parents? stopping the spending on the border wall? ending the muslim majority nation travel ban? ending the Keystone pipeline? rejoining the Paris Climate Accord? What does she find so offensive in these policies. We know she only cares about abortion and gun rights, so what is she actually disagreeing with? She never says it.

• Love 15

Far be it from to defend Meghan on ANYTHING, but she did use trepidatious correctly:

trep·i·da·tious

/ˌtrepəˈdāSHəs/

adjective

INFORMAL

apprehensive or nervous; filled with trepidation.

"if you're trepidatious about foreign travel, start with an English-speaking country"

or if you're a lifelong Republican, you're trepidatious about Democrats taking over the executive and legislative branches. Now we just have to work on the judicial branches!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, bella1716 said:

They’ve tested a few on the show over the years.   Tara Setmayer was very good, but of course MM hated/was jealous of her much like Anna.   I think a good rule of thumb would be any conservative that MM doesn’t like.  😀

• Love 4

Articles on the Cruz dispute:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/meghan-mccain-objects-to-e2-80-98view-e2-80-99-co-host-calling-ted-cruz-and-josh-hawley-e2-80-98the-enemy-e2-80-99/ar-BB1cYCha

This article is great, calls Me-Again whiney, and confirms that she called herself the victim when Joy never said anything about her at all. Also confirms Joy laughingly said: Someday I want to get the last word.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-views-joy-behar-and-meghan-mccain-go-at-it-over-american-enemy-ted-cruz

• Love 10
9 hours ago, bannana said:

This is really annoying. So she once again says she doesn't agree with Biden's policies, stating that she disagrees with policy changes he has already made. Is she against reuniting children with their parents? stopping the spending on the border wall? ending the muslim majority nation travel ban? ending the Keystone pipeline? rejoining the Paris Climate Accord? 

Yes to all of these.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, bannana said:

This is great, which neighbourhood is it in?

I tried to get it too, and I agree, it was probably something like have the last word.

Did they talk about this? All of the hugging was making me a bit crazy. It was fine with family members, but lots of other people were hugging.

This is really annoying. So she once again says she doesn't agree with Biden's policies, stating that she disagrees with policy changes he has already made. Is she against reuniting children with their parents? stopping the spending on the border wall? ending the muslim majority nation travel ban? ending the Keystone pipeline? rejoining the Paris Climate Accord? What does she find so offensive in these policies. We know she only cares about abortion and gun rights, so what is she actually disagreeing with? She never says it.

49 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Yes to all of these.

It's a knee jerk reaction.  She is so conditioned to oppose anything any Democrat does that it doesn't matter what it is she will be against it.  I wish Joy had asked her what executive orders she was referring to.

5 hours ago, bannana said:

This article is great, calls Me-Again whiney, and confirms that she called herself the victim when Joy never said anything about her at all. Also confirms Joy laughingly said: Someday I want to get the last word.

It's nice seeing the media seeing Meghan the same way most of us see her.  

• Love 12
22 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Did anyone catch what Joy was saying as they were going to commercial after Meghan scolded her for talking about Ted Cruz?  She started with "Just once, I'd like to......." and was laughing, but Whoopi was talking over Joy, so I couldn't hear what the rest was.

It sounded to me like Joy said, “Someday, I’d like to get the last word. Someday. That could happen.” 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

I agreed with Joy when I saw Ted Cruz there I thought why is he here.  If he really believed what he was saying he would not have been there. 
Megan has 4 years to tell us what she does not agree with the Biden administration about.  Give her time.  

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 12

I saw that Buttigieg was next so I switched to the Real, watched the end of their segment, the commercials and the start of the next segment. I checked Twitter too. I then switched back to The View and they only came back from break now.....

This isn't surprising, but at the same time how many commercials does The View really need? It's crazy and I'll never be okay with it.

• Love 1

I’m convinced that Meghan is living out her secret fantasy of being a Housewife on The Real Housewives - politics edition. She likes drama, likes being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian and enjoys seeing her name in the headlines daily, good or bad.

That’s about it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I’m convinced that Meghan is living out her secret fantasy of being a Housewife on The Real Housewives - politics edition. She likes drama, likes being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian and enjoys seeing her name in the headlines daily, good or bad.

That actually makes sense.  She is intentionally antagonistic towards Joy.  If she isn't being a whiny brat the media doesn't pay attention to her.  She would  never actually be on a Real Housewives show because she knows those women would eat her alive.  So she stays on the View and uses that exposure to further her brand. Which she probably thinks is smart political pundit who has been in politics her whole life but is in reality poster child for spoiled rich kid entitlement.  

• Love 15
44 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I was yelling at the TV!  Megan does not want to give Dr. Fauci 'any Medal" for his work, because he LIED to her!  Oh Good Grief!  And jumping on Pres. Biden for not wearing a mask, how about Trump & his people Never wore a mask!

But, but, but - because of Dr. Fauci Meghan wasn't able to go out and buy a crib!!!!  She had to give away all her masks!!!!  She also hightailed it out of New York because she was a conservative woman who was getting yelled at on the street!!!  

• LOL 17
  • Love 2

HOW exactly does MeAgain come from a “mixed marriage”?  Military and civilian?  What.A.Maroon. 🙄

Edited by jalady
Apologies; apparently she changed it from marriage to family. But the topic was supportive husbands, not mixed race anything. It’s not always about YOU, Meggie!
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

That’s about it. 

Plus, she likes to use copious amounts of bad makeup - another Real Housewives trademark!  

I bet, now that she is "living in DC" (not....), she is hitting up Andy Cohen to rework and bring back the Real Housewives of D.C.!!!  

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

The show was pre-empted here in Georgia to discuss Hank Aaron's passing, but they came back to the View the last 10 minutes, so I was fortunate enough to hear the mixed family reference.  How so?   Is she talking about the adopted daughter? 

And what's up with her makeup today - strangely dark around her mouth compared to her forehead or is it my tv?

• Love 2

Is it my tv or does Meghan have red eyeliner on? She looks demonic.   She is shitting all over my happiness about the new administration and personally, I don't need it. I am going to find something else to do with this hour.

• Love 14
28 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Oh good grief, Meghan is back on her "I gave away my masks" horse!

I don't watch anymore but try to keep up with this thread to keep up with the goings on between the ladies. What does she mean that she gave away her masks? I guess I mean why. It's not like masks take up a lot of space when moving or packing to stay somewhere else. 

• Love 3

Why does Megan have to be so hateful? so now President Biden is a phony hypocrite and Doctor Fauci is a liar.  As always Megan is using partial truths and misinformation to push her agenda. She is really the worst person that has ever been on the view.  I love how the ladies are just over her and are just tolerating her awful presence..

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I don't watch anymore but try to keep up with this thread to keep up with the goings on between the ladies. What does she mean that she gave away her masks? I guess I mean why. It's not like masks take up a lot of space when moving or packing to stay somewhere else. 

She claims she gave way her masks when Dr Fauci tried to dissuade people from buying med grade masks but to save them for first responders. She’s held a grudge ever since. They must have been either gold plated or family heirlooms given to her by My Father since she is so bitter dramatic about it.

If course it’s Fauci’s fault, not trump who continued to dismiss masks for the rest of his term. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 18
29 minutes ago, Axie said:

Typical of Meghan to mention that the National Guard had to sleep in a parking garage but not the reason that it was necessary for so many National Guard troops to be in DC.

Buttigieg did an excellent job of answering MM's gotcha questions.   He pointed out the "why" when he said the guard members protecting our democracy  were wearing the exact same  equipment he wore in Afghanistan.   Also loved when he said he was disappointed in those who tried to make it a partisan issue (in response to MMs question where she tried to blame the dems)

20 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Oh good grief, Meghan is back on her "I gave away my masks" horse!

Right.  And her rant is based on a lie.   Fauci never said throw away your mask.   At the time he said everyday people didn't need them and they were needed by medical professionals and the very sick.   He was also referring to medical grade masks and likely not what MM allegedly threw away.   But most importantly, when better data was available he came back and said he was incorrect and everyone should wear them.   

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Right.  And her rant is based on a lie.   Fauci never said throw away your mask.   At the time he said everyday people didn't need them and they were needed by medical professionals and the very sick.   He was also referring to medical grade masks and likely not what MM allegedly threw away.   But most importantly, when better data was available he came back and said he was incorrect and everyone should wear them.   

Megan who does not believe in science like the rest of her team has no idea that science is always evolving when we know better we do better.  There was a time people believed that HIV/AIDS could be transmitted via the air now we know that is not the case. 

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Same thing happened here in Canada (and probably most other countries).  The initial advice about wearing masks changed and the anti-maskers will never stop using that as the reason why wearing masks is wrong (and my freedom and etc etc).  Instead of acknowledging that we've been living through unprecedented times and the approaches to dealing with it have evolved they cling to "but last March you said masks aren't needed - you guys are liars".  Meghan's the poster child for this attitude.  I wish the other women would shout her down more often!

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
11 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She claims she gave way her masks when Dr Fauci tried to dissuade people from buying med grade masks but to save them for first responders. She’s held a grudge ever since. They must have been either gold plated or family heirlooms given to her by My Father since she is so bitter dramatic about it.

If course it’s Fauci’s fault, not trump who continued to dismiss masks for the rest of his term. 

Thank you @Haleth!

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that she didn't throw away anything at all and that it was made up drama she came up with along with someone else that lives mighty close to her.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Why does Megan have to be so hateful?

It is what she does.  It is actually all she does.  It is  her default personality.  She said yesterday she hopes Biden's administration will find a cure cancer. So if he doesn't find a cure Meghan will criticize him for that. Ignoring the fact that the previous 45 presidents didn't find a cure either. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
38 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Is it my tv or does Meghan have red eyeliner on? She looks demonic.   She is shitting all over my happiness about the new administration and personally, I don't need it. I am going to find something else to do with this hour.

I thought it looked nice....

4 hours ago, Jaded said:

In the early days of COVID and the mask guidelines weren't clear or changing, Meghan said she had a bunch of masks  (from traveling to some other country or something, not exactly sure) and she donated  gave them away. (had to update with her correct words! she probably hasn't "donated" anything in her life)

Since it was confirmed that masks are necessary, she has been all lathered up that she was lied to about the effectiveness of masks and that she gave her masks away.

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10