Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/18/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Her acting like a bitter prune only gives me more joy, tbh. Even Joy was laughing at her!

What a contrast to Elizabeth Hasselback in 08 who just took in the moment with the ladies who were over the moon..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 5
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

This is what happens when you define yourself by your political party.  She takes any criticism of anyone in her party as a personal attack.

So Meghan didn't mean what she posted on Instagram?  I'm shocked I tell you, just shocked.

I don’t follow her on Instagram so I don’t know what she said.  I wouldn’t follow her anywhere.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

As soon as Megan started giving a lecture, I had to change the channel.  I will not let her take away my joy after a glorious day yesterday, kick rocks Nutmeg!

JEEBUS CRIPES! And it was a glorious day--it snowed while the sun was shining! And it went so smoothly.

5 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

So Meghan didn't mean what she posted on Instagram?  I'm shocked I tell you, just shocked.

giphy.gif

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I don’t follow her on Instagram so I don’t know what she said.  I wouldn’t follow her anywhere.

Just what she said on the show on the first day after the terrorist attack--that all involved and who were complicit in it should be charged and punished. (Paraphrasing what she said on the show as I don't follow her, either).  I think someone posted her instagram in her thread.

I knew it wouldn't last. It's par for the course with her. She always reverts back to form.

• Love 20
22 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan, pretty much every adult has been touched by cancer.  And, you ungrateful twit, I remember Joe Biden sitting beside you on stage comforting you after your father died.  I remember the show coming to a screeching halt while Joe Biden comforted you.  And yet, you have no loyalty to him, no noticeable affection for him, and, all that matters to you is that he’s not a Republican.  You are truly a miserable human being.

She only cares about brain cancer. If Joe Biden had been impacted by a different cancer would she even care??

Wasn't it before her father died that Joe was on the show and moved to sit beside her? She is still an ungrateful twit.

• Love 21

Swear to God, Whoopi better not say she wants this administration to do something about her taxes...lol. She didn't, but her quip about wanting this administration to legalize marijuana was funny.

Also, it didn't take long for Megun to start that both sides bullshit again. It's not both sides! Calling out the politicians that enabled the coup is not furthering the divisive language. These people need to be held accountable.

Edited by leftlane
  • LOL 2
  • Love 22
8 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I watched the first segment only - here's my take: Joy asked "Why was Ted Cruz there at the inauguration?  he encouraged people to riot over the election which was "stolen" from trump. As far as I"m concerned, he's the enemy." 

Meghan:  Oh my god!  Ted cruz is the ENEMY?  How can this country move forward when you're calling republicans the enemy?  when democrats  call republicans the enemy, that is making the country divisive!  what about unity?  You can't see ALL republicans as the enemy and still claim you're about unity!  I'm a conservative republican - am I the enemy?  are democrats seeing ME as the enemy?  I am not the enemy.  Democrats need to understand that 70+million people voted for trump.  HOw are the democrats going to invite those 70 million into the discussion?  they can't be divisive and see them as the enemy!   I am NOT the enemy!!!  I don't agree with most of what Joe Biden has already done as president, because I"m conservative, but I respect him.  You, know the one thing about Joe Biden - he has been PERSONALLY touched by cancer (Me:  WHO HASN'T?)  so he will put forward a platform to fight and cure cancer.  Because his son had the exact same kind of cancer as my FATHER!   My father, who had CANCER!  My father my father my father myfathermyfather.......

Whoopi : OK, time for a break. 

Me:  time to change the channel

It's a shame I have to ask but was this verbatim?  Because with Meghan it is possible.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I watched the first segment only - here's my take: Joy asked "Why was Ted Cruz there at the inauguration?  he encouraged people to riot over the election which was "stolen" from trump. As far as I"m concerned, he's the enemy." 

Meghan:  Oh my god!  Ted cruz is the ENEMY?  How can this country move forward when you're calling republicans the enemy?  when democrats  call republicans the enemy, that is making the country divisive!  what about unity?  You can't see ALL republicans as the enemy and still claim you're about unity!  I'm a conservative republican - am I the enemy?  are democrats seeing ME as the enemy?  I am not the enemy.  Democrats need to understand that 70+million people voted for trump.  HOw are the democrats going to invite those 70 million into the discussion?  they can't be divisive and see them as the enemy!   I am NOT the enemy!!!  I don't agree with most of what Joe Biden has already done as president, because I"m conservative, but I respect him.  You, know the one thing about Joe Biden - he has been PERSONALLY touched by cancer (Me:  WHO HASN'T?)  so he will put forward a platform to fight and cure cancer.  Because his son had the exact same kind of cancer as my FATHER!   My father, who had CANCER!  My father my father my father myfathermyfather.......

Whoopi : OK, time for a break. 

Me:  time to change the channel

yeah, that pretty much sums up her thinking, though that wasn't at all what Joy said.  very frustrating.

and what is it she's annoyed about what Biden's already done - the travel ban, immigration changes?  i didn't see anything about gun laws

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

It's a shame I have to ask but was this verbatim?  Because with Meghan it is possible.

No, it was my interpretation.  

(If it was verbatim, I would have typed it without spaces between the words, becausethat'showMeghantalks)

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

No, it was my interpretation.  

(If it was verbatim, I would have typed it without spaces between the words, becausethat'showMeghantalks)

Sounded pretty verbatim to me!  But again, I tend to tune out when Meghan starts tossing a word salad!  🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

And, I agreed with Joy.  When I saw Ted Cruz on tv, I was like "WTF is he there for"!!  

I live very close to the ("free", public) Canadian hospital where Ted was born and also the house he lived in.  Before I knew that he lived in that ugly, out-of-place "Spanish" colonial, I drove by it because it was on a convenient short cut, but since 2015 I've been driving the long way around to avoid it.  But then we have to see his face on The View.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan:  Because Ted Cruz is a republican. 

Had any democrat done with he and Hawley did she would have wanted them immediately expelled from the Senate, and not on Sara's "will get to their punishment later on" idea.

• Love 18
On 1/19/2021 at 2:32 PM, tinkerbell said:

But she is an "Arizonian", through and through, right?  

Boy, I get flack for calling myself a Chicagoan, even though I moved out to the suburbs.  Meghan identifies being from 3 different places.  

She's following Joe Scarborough's lead.  He's from EVERYWHERE!  Yes, there, too!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Meghan:  Because Ted Cruz is a republican. 

Had any democrat done with he and Hawley did she would have wanted them immediately expelled from the Senate,

She has wanted Democrats brought up on charges for a lot less than what Cruz and Hawley has done.

When Meghan says she wants unity what she means is she wants her tribe to continue to get away with things.  To her it's a game and she just cannot accept  her team lost.  

• Love 24

It's no surprise that Meghan is such a SOURPUSS.

I wonder if a producer in her ear told her to smile, since practically during the whole show, her mouth was turned down like Cruella Da Ville, along with a schmeer of her lip color above her stuffed up lips.

She threw in "Republican" like four times in her first rant. And she was clearly hostile and angry when she told Joy that "until they were expelled or [thrown out]" Cruz and Hawley had every right to be wherever they were.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

As many times as she talks about how the 70+million people who voted for trump need to be considered -   did she ever feel the same about all the 2016 voters who who voted for Hillary?  

Or the 80 million people who voted for Biden in 2020.  Does she not understand the majority of people voted for the current president? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 23

Today Whoopi signed off with just "wear a mask and wash your hands".  I guess the segment where they talked about Garth Brooks' hugging people at the Inauguration finally made an impression on her.  Took long enough.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Or the 80 million people who voted for Biden in 2020.  Does she not understand the majority of people voted for the current president? 

And this time both the popular vote and electoral college said he won.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I don’t know if the sound issues that Sunny was having threw her or what, but, she seemed off today.  And, her blouse didn’t work for me at all.

Once they finally got her in she sounded like she was in a bathroom.  There was an echo.   Between the color blocked jacket and her natural curls, she was definitely bringing the 90s.

6 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

As many times as she talks about how the 70+million people who voted for trump need to be considered -   did she ever feel the same about all the 2016 voters who who voted for Hillary?  

Nope.  And when anyone ever brought up that Hillary received 3 million more votes than Trump she rolled her eyes and brushed it off.   

What bugged me most about MM's rant was she was doing the exact same thing she falsely accused Joy of.  She pretty much said that liberals hate all republicans.   When she knows that isn't what Joy said.   How is that unifying?     I don't think she really wants unity.  She wants her very narrow view of how the world should work to be the dominate world view.    

• Love 23
26 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Been waiting for someone to comment on Mee again's malaprop of the day.  Trepidatious, I this it was, and how she misused it.  Twice. 

She does it so often...  I did notice that Joy used a word and immediately, said, "is that a word?, if not I just made it up"....LOL.  I love how self aware she is in comparison.....

Edited by After7Only
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Nope.  And when anyone ever brought up that Hillary received 3 million more votes than Trump she rolled her eyes and brushed it off.   

Yes.  She always defended Trump's win by invoking the electoral college. Said elections have consequences.  Well OK Meghan Biden won both the electoral college and the popular vote.  Seems to me those voices should be heard.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's no surprise that Meghan is such a SOURPUSS.

I wonder if a producer in her ear told her to smile, since practically during the whole show, her mouth was turned down like Cruella Da Ville, along with a schmeer of her lip color above her stuffed up lips.

She threw in "Republican" like four times in her first rant. And she was clearly hostile and angry when she told Joy that "until they were expelled or [thrown out]" Cruz and Hawley had every right to be wherever they were.

As soon as the show started I noticed Meghan's sourpuss face. She was not happy. 

44 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

No. She hated hearing about this and wanted them to shut up. 

40 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I don't think Meghan give's a rat's booty about Americans who don't think like her. In Meghan's mind, only republicans are Americans, and only members of the military and their families are patriots. Everyone else might as well be in another country. She does not care. 

She really worked my nerves with what she said about Ted Cruz. I agree there'd be no way in hell she'd ever defend a democrat like that. Sometimes I want to stop watching because I hate that this brat thinks she's the reason for the ratings. NOOO!!! I may rant on the boards more when she's on, but I 100% prefer to watch without her toxicity on the show. And Meghan, when Joy is talking about various people in government on the right, she's not talking about you sweetheart. You're not that important. You run your mouth on The View because of your famous daddy. A TV personality who talks politics is not a politician.  FFS stop taking everything as a personal attack. 

Sunny's my girl, but did anyone else notice her stuttering a lot today? Lots of uh and um. I notice the more folks I listen to who talk like this, the more it affects my own speech. I don't know if that's why I just noticed it or if she was nervous today.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 11
37 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

They, including her mother, don't count.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

Hmm... if Cruz and Hawley were Democrats, she would be singing a totally different tune.  And newsflash MeMeMe-  you are not in the Government

Totally...another news flash MM. they are an enemy as they pushed this insurrection and continued to block the certification even afterwards,  joy didn’t say all republicans are the enemy Meegan...she picked,out Cruz.  Don’t go making crap up as we finally got rid of the liar in chief.  Your narrative doesn’t work MM.   

• Love 14
46 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

And by a lot...just like with Hillary.  I didn’t hear anything back then about being polite about the people who voted for Clinton...just stop being snowflakes!  She’s so contradictory and two faced. She better not destroy the happiness right now but I’m sure she will. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

As soon as the show started I noticed Meghan's sourpuss face. She was not happy. 

Yep.  It was This Face 2.0 (from her return show.)

MCCAIN.jpg.ec9ec22e51ab45f01672694924b9d515.jpg

Always grimacing away in her square.  Such a grumpy pants, this one is.  So hard done by.  

2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

FFS stop taking everything as a personal attack. 

victim3.gif.6566d88256960d988f196753e689c281.gif

Edited by Cementhead
Oops! Meant to say, photo cred goes to falltime who took this lovely screen shot of our Darling girl.
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

joy didn’t say all republicans are the enemy Meegan...she picked,out Cruz

Doesn't matter. 

If Josh Hawley's book deal got cancelled then republicans can't go out to restaurants. It's the domino effect!

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Did anyone catch what Joy was saying as they were going to commercial after Meghan scolded her for talking about Ted Cruz?  She started with "Just once, I'd like to......." and was laughing, but Whoopi was talking over Joy, so I couldn't hear what the rest was.  

And, I agreed with Joy.  When I saw Ted Cruz on tv, I was like "WTF is he there for"!!  

I use cc and backed it up three times and it trailed off but get the impression she’s meant I’d like to finish an answer, a thought, or not have Megan have the last comment!   Joy was so good today.   I meant to mention last week that she or her husband or daughter mastered her hair coloring, something  I haven’t. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Typo
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, leftlane said:

Also, it didn't take long for Megun to start that both sides bullshit again. It's not both sides! Calling out the politicians that enabled the coup is not furthering the divisive language. These people need to be held accountable.

Exactly.

Is Meghan going to give a free pass to republicans if they are found to have aided the rioters by giving tours of the Capital the day before?

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
48 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Doesn't matter. 

If Josh Hawley's book deal got cancelled then republicans can't go out to restaurants. It's the domino effect!

And the pandemic is especially hard for republican mommies! Did Megan ever get that crib? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Been waiting for someone to comment on Mee again's malaprop of the day.  Trepidatious, I this it was, and how she misused it.  Twice. 

I missed it; do you know what word she probably meant to say?  Was it during one of her prepared screeds?  My brain turns off when she starts ratatattating and blahblahblahing, skipping between unrelated topics.

Edited by deirdra