Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Carrie's Story

• Start Topic

20 years after her father died as a result of a botched weight loss surgery, Carrie is on the brink of eating herself to death. To live, she must face the grief and fear of losing her father and end a cycle of toxic behavior with her husband, Chris. 

Original air date 2021.01.13

Carrie has a job and a husband and only minor childhood trauma. She gets on Dr Now’s program and makes steady progress, including surgery and Dr Paradise. There’s nothing circus-like or shocking about her episode. Just a steady success story.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, AnnaBaptist said:

What happened to the cats? Did they all die when the trailer flooded? ☹️

I'm not sure I wanna know.. 😞 I choose to believe they're fine and living with a friend because maybe they can't have pets in their rental.

• Love 10

We call the cornhole stuff ........ bean bag tourneys.  Which are one part of countless softball,  volleyball, horseshoe, etc. summer weekend tourneys for small town fundraising events all over my part of the country.  These events are a huge source of rural volunteer firefighting funds.  Blame ESPN for turning innocent fun that has been around forever into something that sounds vaguely vulgar.  Surprised Johnsonville sponsors the name cornhole.

• Love 3

They have to shake up the formula. It’s all becoming too repetitive. Different name, same whiny shit every week.  Still at least no tattoos, and she did wear shoes.

And Dr. Now needs to buy a white belt and a condo and retire to Florida. He’s done his bit.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, TheWalkinDude said:

Did anybody else notice (just before the “Month 6” graphic) as they were pulling out of the parking lot at Dr Now’s, one of the signs for stores in the strip mall is “The Lice Place”??

Yep. It's been there for quite a while.  We drove by there (Dr. Now's office) when on vacation in Houston. 

• Love 1

I was really wondering what the big secret was right before her surgery, and I was thinking it would be that Chris, her husband, split.    However, the flash flood taking the trailer out was unexpected.      I think that was the only way that the place would get clean, starting over with another trailer.      I hope the cats were OK, and just staying somewhere else until they moved back into another trailer, or where ever they were going to live permanently.      I hope Chris and Carrie kept losing weight, and getting therapy.      They did seem to communicate better at the end of the show.  

There's a difference between a younger sibling getting more attention because they're little and helpless.  Then there's the family where the younger sibling is the center of the universe, and the older sibling (in my family it was the older girl) could disappear and the parents wouldn't care.  

(Yes, the lice place, and the giant Chinese Buffet have been in Dr. Now's complex forever). 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9

What a very dull episode, All I learned was Carrie is overweight because her mom liked her brother “more”.... I may be wrong but I think those of us with siblings have probably felt that way at some point growing up, but we got over it. They need better excuses. 

Carrie’s daughter looked just like her, she should have invited her to the Dr. Now appointments. 

It was nice to see Dr, Paradise again!

• Love 7

Carrie had some redeeming qualities: she seemed clean, wore shoes, had a job, was not wallowing in self-pity and treated her family decently. I feel for the daughter- at 18 she has the same body type and is rapidly approaching Mom's size. A whole-family health overhaul would have been a good twist. I'm getting a little tired of the same format - right down to the same lines! "I hope I can get down to where I need so I can have weight loss surgery." "I need to get back on track." "I've worked so hard and I'm really proud of myself." "It's been xxx months since my weight loss surgery and in order to meet my goal I should be at yyy."  

That trailer, though. Dear me. I think their mini van was worth more than that sad thing. And note how the cameraman zoomed in on the iron-stained bathtub/shower. 

In the end she still looked really, really big. No real conclusion here though. Carrie did well; Carrie has a lot more to lose; soon Carrie may qualify for skin removal surgery.  We need a fresh approach to this series.

• Love 5

This episode made me sad, even though there was nothing particularly terrible about it. I just have zero faith in this negative Nancy ultimately succeeding. Nothing in her life gives her close to any of the joy that the all day, all-you-can-eat buffet gave her. When she speaks of her ‘whole future and everything she wants’, her words are hollow. All she’s expressed interest in is eating hamburgers and pizza. Sigh. Remember when we saw actual success stories on this show with people who actually looked and acted differently at the end of the episode?

• Love 8

I was surprised that she and her husband looked pretty much the same at the end of the episode, even through they had both lost weight.  The daughter is well on her way to having a major weight problem, and she seemed so blank/emotionally checked out in her interactions. I kept thinking that the unemotional effect that all of them presented might have been due to the cameras, but who knows. I’m glad there was some success, but it was hard to cheer for Carrie. The only time she seemed “real” to me was when she went into work, said a quick hi, and showed off her fast keyboarding skills. It was gross that she had all that food around her keyboard and computer, though. 

Edited by Ms. Me
  • Love 9

It's crazy that Carrie 'only' weighing 603 qualifies her as boring, but it's true. After monstrosities like Samantha, Carrie didn't even look that big, plus she had no lymphodemas, skin eruptions, or deformed hoof/feet. I don't think she even had any tattoos, did she?

Too bad nobody teaches about the seven deadly sins anymore; Carrie's fake trauma of 'mom liked you better' was just camouflage for good old fashioned gluttony.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

This episide drove home for me that Dr. Now needs to get these people into a healthy cooking class, and not just an appointment to a nutritionist. I've seen it in many of the episodes. At first they only eat fast food or 99% fried foods make by their enabler. When it comes time to cook healthy about 90% of the foods they prepare (if they actually prepare) still look awful.  Like those old boil-in-bag meals. Like the concept of cooking with herbs and spices, hell even just some lemon is so foreign. Does no one know how to broil? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Lots of people these days do nothave any real concept of cooking. Basically, they are victims of the push for convenience, processed foods, fresh food deserts and heavily advertised persuasions to eat lab contrived foods,

Example, real fruit juices, especially oranges can be up to a year old by the time it is sold. All the nutrients they tout have been added back in right before it is to be sold. 

These patients don’t really care about nutrition a anyway. They don’t know it even exists, 

• Love 3

I had high hopes for Carrie seeing that she was employed and her husband seemed supportive, but her attitude was so sour, I wonder if she was depressed and that's why she behaved that way. (not an excuse to treat her husband poorly though). I do wish them both success. 

I did worry about the cats, that is AWFUL their home flooded.

I am rewatching this episode from the beginning as I was distracted during the Live Chat. I cannot believe a physician would allow her to sit there gorging on piles of take out containers while she worked. Any kind of physician, even if it has nothing to do with primary care or bariatrics. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lillith said:

Dr. Now needs to get these people into a healthy cooking class, and not just an appointment to a nutritionist.

That would be great but who would pay for it???  My belief is that the show is a "cash cow" for Dr. Now's son and his production company. It's designed to "shock" with the visuals they provide in the shower/bathroom and gorging on unhealthy foods. 

I don't believe the show would succeed if it took a more "therapeutic" approach with the participants because, with VERY FEW EXCEPTIONS (Diana and Milla come to mind), the people who agree to participate in the hopes of getting the surgery are really not emotionally/intellectually equipped to deal with significant lifestyle changes that would allow them to succeed long-term.  How many times have we seen the selected participants admit that they've already HAD weight-loss surgery and blown out the staples or enlarged their stomachs to previous dimensions.

The weight-loss surgery only reduces the stomach size.  It doesn't remove your cravings and/or reliance on food to cope with life emotionally.

I say this as someone who lost 100 lbs (no surgery) 15 yrs ago and kept it off with a DAILY regimen of STRICT dietary choices and routines and attention to detail so that instead of "getting BACK ON TRACK" I remain ON TRACK.  it's really a tremendous effort and I have a lot of personal advantages and professional background that most of Dr. Now's patients do not have.  However, FOR SURE, as I watch the show every week (I never tire of the format because it simply reinforces the fact that if you don't address a 100 lb overweight problem, you easily could wind up at 600 lbs!!) I appreciate how much of an "epidemic" food addiction is for those struggling with their lives without professional help.

I thought that Cassie's and Chris' eager embrace of "therapy" with Dr. Paradise augers well for their success, even though, as others have mentioned, I didn't see any significant change in either of their appearances by the end of the show.  Maybe they'll do a WATN episode later in the season.

• Love 9

There’s a Brit show called ‘Fat Doctor’ that’s quite interesting and not so formulaic.  Some episodes are on YouTube. Bariatric surgery is probably free under the NHS, but with a long waiting list I’d guess.  Before surgery the doctor has them drink nothing but milk for weeks to shrink the liver. Dr Now never does this.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

What a drag this episode was. I also wondered about the cats, but no one seemed that into them, especially when Carrie said she missed her baking pans, but NOT THE CATS?? The producers probably couldn't care less about these pets, but I think it's funny that every time a poundicipant has a pet and then no pet, we all wonder and voice our concern!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Carrie could of easily dropped 50-60 lbs just by cleaning that filthy place she called her home.

Someone should of told her that her act so to speak has been done, probably best by The Smothers Brothers.  Mom liked you best !

The only other thing that stood out to me is that she shoveled the food in huge amounts, just like Whitney Thore.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Couple of things:

This is the first time that I can recall that Dr. Now, not only addressed the spouses weight problem, but also weighed him and included him in the program. I did wonder if he was going to address the issue of both of them losing the same amount and Carrie thinking it meant they both worked just as hard. Her husband had to work much harder to lose the same amount of weight as she. Dr. Now did bring this up later in the episode.

The other thing was the contrast between how they dressed and how they lived in that trailer. They both dressed normally and she always looked much neater than the usual caliber of participants in this series. But seriously, couldn't she have told her husband that the tag was sticking out of his tee shirts most of the time?? (I can be critical in this area since my husband would never notice a tag sticking out or a dryer sheet stuck to my butt as I was leaving the house!) 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, lilysmom said:

But seriously, couldn't she have told her husband that the tag was sticking out of his tee shirts most of the time?? (I can be critical in this area since my husband would never notice a tag sticking out or a dryer sheet stuck to my butt as I was leaving the house!) 

I suspect that he was wearing t-shirts with a large copyrighted logo that couldn't be blurred out, so they had him turn the shirt inside out to hide the logo.  I think this is a fairly common procedure for shows like this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

This is the first time that I can recall that Dr. Now, not only addressed the spouses weight problem, but also weighed him and included him in the program. I did wonder if he was going to address the issue of both of them losing the same amount and Carrie thinking it meant they both worked just as hard. Her husband had to work much harder to lose the same amount of weight as she. Dr. Now did bring this up later in the episode.

I noticed it too and I believe this episode was written with heavy overtones of the importance of changing the dynamic between the one seeking Dr. Now’s help and the enabler(s)/family members/paid caregivers,etc.  Chris was recruited from the first meeting with the Dr.  Maybe he’s going for a kinder gentler Dr. Now persona.

Continuing therapy was prescribed for them as a couple and then individual therapy added to that for what, compared to the usual patient, seemed like a stretch for the “emotional issues” driving her out of control eating habit. Or am I wrong and that was the point?  She didn’t need specialized counseling as a victim of childhood rape/molestation-no need to confront the alcoholic/physically abusive and/or absent parent.  Her mom doted on her brother more...she disappointed her mother by not being cheerleader material + getting pregnant before marriage.  In my limited experience that’s typically anorexia or bulimia boxes being checked with a heavy dose of therapy prescribed.

I still vote for The Dr. Now Rehabilitation and Weight Loss Center, inpatient and outpatient one stop shop for the next season.  Mr. Kicotan votes for wiring their mouths shut.  What can I say, he’s from Jersey-go figure.

• LOL 2

There was another poundticipant that had a mother who had a WLS, and regained a lot.    Lacey maybe?   The mother looked shocked at the first meeting with Dr. Now, when she was being superior to her daughter, and Dr. Now said she should hop on the scale too.    And Charity and daughter Charly (Charley?), both ended up having WLS, and the daughter did very well.    I only remember because I watched both episodes a month or so ago.  

Carrie's shower was fiberglass I bet.   If that gets scratched (some cleansers used to have grit in them, and can take the shiny surface off after a few years, and I bet that was a used trailer), it will absorb dyes (like hair color) and rust, or other colors from water.     My guess is there was a lot of dirt in the water, or iron/rust, and I bet that tub didn't get cleaned.  By 'didn't get cleaned', I don't mean not very often, I mean never.    Plus, if they never cleaned the rugs or floors either, then I bet a lot of the tub stain was from dirty feet.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
On 1/13/2021 at 10:27 PM, fonfereksglen said:

We call the cornhole stuff ........ bean bag tourneys.  Which are one part of countless softball,  volleyball, horseshoe, etc. summer weekend tourneys for small town fundraising events all over my part of the country.  These events are a huge source of rural volunteer firefighting funds.  Blame ESPN for turning innocent fun that has been around forever into something that sounds vaguely vulgar.  Surprised Johnsonville sponsors the name cornhole.

I'm so glad somebody brought this up.  "Cornhole" is a vulgarity, and the first time I heard it used casually I was stunned.  I agree with you--what's wrong with "beanbag?"  Are we two old farts?  <--- see there?  I'm not opposed to vulgarity, just to vulgarity used casually in the greater world.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, lilysmom said:

But seriously, couldn't she have told her husband that the tag was sticking out of his tee shirts most of the time?? (I can be critical in this area since my husband would never notice a tag sticking out or a dryer sheet stuck to my butt as I was leaving the house!) 

When I see a tag at the back of a T shirt on one of these shows, I assume that they've had to turn the shirt inside-out because of what is printed on it--maybe something offensive, or advertising something.

I wanted Dr. Paradise, instead of telling Carrie to write little reminders to herself that she could do it in order to make herself feel better, had asked her who did the housework at her home.  Maybe the trailer was so filthy because Chris didn't have time to clean, or was unaware, but I think nothing would have elevated Carrie's sense of self-worth than demonstrating to herself that she deserved a better environment.  I think, in fact, that somehow finding out how clean their house is should be something Dr. Paradise ought to do with all his WLS patients. 

Carrie said she hated to bathe and did so as infrequently as she could.  When I see these enormous people trying to clean themselves in a bathtub/shower combo, perhaps sitting on the edge of the tub as Carrie did, I wish part of Dr. Now's treatment included getting them a walk-in shower where they could sit on a stool.

And were they eating Nutrisystem or something like that when they finally got their eating somewhat under control?  That seems a little like cheating.

• Love 2
On 1/14/2021 at 11:12 AM, Lillith said:

This episide drove home for me that Dr. Now needs to get these people into a healthy cooking class, and not just an appointment to a nutritionist. I've seen it in many of the episodes. At first they only eat fast food or 99% fried foods make by their enabler. When it comes time to cook healthy about 90% of the foods they prepare (if they actually prepare) still look awful.  Like those old boil-in-bag meals. Like the concept of cooking with herbs and spices, hell even just some lemon is so foreign. Does no one know how to broil? 

I agree. He needs to "make it cool". The subjects on this show will never succeed because they view "healthy eating" as punishment. They bemoan never being able to eat anything "good" again, and are shown sitting glumly in front of a (paper, of course) plate of plain baked chicken or fish and some canned green beans. There's a whole world of herbs and spices and flavorings out there. All kinds of cooking methods. A limitless number of vegetables that are delicious and can be prepared in innumerable ways. They need to be introduced to a new way of seeing what's "good" to eat. 

I know I've waxed lyrical on this before, but in the 80's my mother and I went to spa for 5 days. It was heaven on earth. We were pampered all day. The chef had invented "spa cuisine" and the meals were abundant, flavorful, and low in calories. And, lest anyone grow faint from hunger between meals, there were huge plates of fresh fruit and bottles of Evian water out from about 10 AM on. No one went hungry. Obviously the poundticipants can't be sent to a spa, but somehow they need to make the connection that "good" doesn't mean "boring, flavorless, and unsatisfying".

On 1/14/2021 at 2:22 PM, snarkish said:

I am rewatching this episode from the beginning as I was distracted during the Live Chat. I cannot believe a physician would allow her to sit there gorging on piles of take out containers while she worked. Any kind of physician, even if it has nothing to do with primary care or bariatrics. 

I refuse to believe she was a front office worker at all. She probably answered the phone and made appointments and did billing in the back someplace. Who would have her out front? To represent their practice? Its not even like she had a nice, warm, friendly personality which might vitiate her unhealthy appearance! No one was saying "Sure, Carrie's overweight, but she's so kind and welcoming, she really makes the patients feel at ease!" I don't buy it. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Mothra said:

And were they eating Nutrisystem or something like that when they finally got their eating somewhat under control?  That seems a little like cheating.

They were portioned, healthy meals from a local business. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

They were portioned, healthy meals from a local business. 

Thanks for the info.  I wonder if they learned anything about appropriate foods and serving sizes.  I'd say no, judging by Chris's tearing into that burger and Carrie's drool over it.

I don't have much hope for these two.  First of all, she seemed to be one of those who believe WLS is a magic bullet, one who believes that after surgery and getting to her goal weight, she won't have to be careful about what she eats for the rest of her life.  Second, she must not have read Dr. Now's dietary instructions if she thought it was OK to add "a little fruit" to what she was supposed to be eating, which tells me she doesn't understand about dietary sugars.  And third, it looked like her whole family was obese, making me believe again in either a genetic component or a tribal belief that what you eat doesn't matter.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Mothra said:

Second, she must not have read Dr. Now's dietary instructions if she thought it was OK to add "a little fruit" to what she was supposed to be eating, which tells me she doesn't understand about dietary sugars.

I think the bigger problem is that folks who qualify for 600PL don't understand the concept of a "little" when it comes to food portions.  So many of them do that voice-over that says, "I cheated a little once in a while, but I've worked REALLY HARD, so I know I've lost all the weight Dr. Now wanted me to lose."  Then they get on the scale and they've gained 12 pounds.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 1/15/2021 at 3:18 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

I agree. He needs to "make it cool". The subjects on this show will never succeed because they view "healthy eating" as punishment. They bemoan never being able to eat anything "good" again, and are shown sitting glumly in front of a (paper, of course) plate of plain baked chicken or fish and some canned green beans. There's a whole world of herbs and spices and flavorings out there. All kinds of cooking methods. A limitless number of vegetables that are delicious and can be prepared in innumerable ways. They need to be introduced to a new way of seeing what's "good" to eat. 

I know I've waxed lyrical on this before, but in the 80's my mother and I went to spa for 5 days. It was heaven on earth. We were pampered all day. The chef had invented "spa cuisine" and the meals were abundant, flavorful, and low in calories. And, lest anyone grow faint from hunger between meals, there were huge plates of fresh fruit and bottles of Evian water out from about 10 AM on. No one went hungry. Obviously the poundticipants can't be sent to a spa, but somehow they need to make the connection that "good" doesn't mean "boring, flavorless, and unsatisfying".

I don't think these folks have any interest at all in learning to appreciate subtleties of taste.  I think they are part of the vast majority of Americans who are addicted to the trilogy of fat, sugar and salt that keeps them going back to McDonald's.  I suspect their idea of subtly-flavored food is a Red Robin platter.  Is Cooking still taught in junior high school?  I think that's about as far as they would go in being willing to try new flavors.

I decided in college to lose weight by following my very thin friend through the cafeteria line and asking for exactly what she did.  My heart leapt up when I beheld the triple helping of mashed potatoes she asked for, and I did the same.  As we sat and ate, I was brought almost to tears to see that after two bites of potatoes, Victoria put out her cigarette in the rest of them.  Portion control!

I think the biggest danger is in setting a goal and being allowed to believe that achieving that goal is the end of the diet program.  I wish the poundicipants would be taught portion control of cheeseburgers, that they can indeed eat cheeseburgers if they eat only one-third of the "normal" portion.  But they seem to believe that WLS will zoom them right to 125 lbs. with no "cravings" and once they're there, it's hello Fatburger!

This is not true.

• Love 9
On 1/14/2021 at 2:54 PM, pdlinda said:

say this as someone who lost 100 lbs (no surgery) 15 yrs ago and kept it off with a DAILY regimen of STRICT dietary choices and routines and attention to detail so that instead of "getting BACK ON TRACK" I remain ON TRACK. 

By the way, this is my story, too.  You don't go on a diet; you change your way of eating *for the rest of your life*--and it's edifying and terrifying to see what a huge difference a tiny blip can make.

Above, someone mentioned orange juice.  Try squeezing your own fresh orange juice some day.  It will take several, maybe even many, oranges.  You are essentially eating five or six oranges in one glass, and you are throwing away the fiber while consuming the sugar and water.  Don't drink fruit juice if you want to lose weight:  eat a piece of fruit.

Anyway, I wish Carrie had specified what her "pieces of fruit" consisted of.  It's surprising how many adults believe fruit chews are the equivalent of fresh fruit.

Carrie seemed intelligent (didn't she say she started college?), and Dr. Now told her to read the diet instructions every day (he's told a couple of the poundticipants that, and I think it's a good idea).  Clearly she didn't.

Edited by Mothra
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Mothra said:

I decided in college to lose weight by following my very thin friend through the cafeteria line and asking for exactly what she did.  My heart leapt up when I beheld the triple helping of mashed potatoes she asked for, and I did the same.  As we sat and ate, I was brought almost to tears to see that after two bites of potatoes, Victoria put out her cigarette in the rest of them.  Portion control!

Same, I followed my thin athletic friend through the college cafeteria and ate what she did for at least a week. She ate a LOT of fruit. I started feeling crappy and went to the doctor and that’s when I was diagnosed with diabetes.  😕 We can’t all just eat the same way and be healthy, despite what a lot of thin people think.

• Love 7
On 1/15/2021 at 1:18 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

I refuse to believe she was a front office worker at all. She probably answered the phone and made appointments and did billing in the back someplace.

I completely agree with you!  It is impossible for me to believe that any health care office would have ANY potential contamination anywhere near patients/staff during the COVID epidemic! 

Carrie is likely, exactly as you mentioned, to be a back-office worker and even in that situation, I'm surprised the office manager doesn't insist that any eating be done in the designated "break room" that every office I've ever worked in has for the employees.  To see Carrie gorging herself in public would probably produce stares or other signs of disapproval from her co-workers so that's probably why she chose to eat at her desk.

• Love 2
On 1/14/2021 at 2:15 AM, Hellohappylife said:

What a very dull episode, All I learned was Carrie is overweight because her mom liked her brother “more”.... I may be wrong but I think those of us with siblings have probably felt that way at some point growing up, but we got over it. They need better excuses. 

Carrie’s daughter looked just like her, she should have invited her to the Dr. Now appointments. 

It was nice to see Dr, Paradise again!

I wonder how much the producers manipulate these people to identify and focus on a single, unifying source for their obesity. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

I wonder how much the producers manipulate these people to identify and focus on a single, unifying source for their obesity. 

I wonder if the producers have to try that hard... money is a motivating factor for the bathroom scene so its probably one part money and then. . . A lot of the participants seem to find it easy to place the blame of their weight gain on others. I think it's a case of them just listing all the problems they had in their life and then the writers create a script they read from... 

• Useful 1

I don't understand.  To me Carrie didn't look to be 600 lbs.  Tammy on the 1000 lb sisters show looks a hell of a lot bigger than Carrie and she supposedly only weighed 596.  If Carrie is indeed 600 lbs, then Tammy's weight must be way understated.  I don't mean to mix shows, but I'm just using the other show to have a comparison.  

• Love 1

My guess is Carrie is average height or taller.    The Slaton sisters aren't very tall from what I can tell.  

So Chris and the others were having Whataburgers?    They must have something smaller than those giant burgers they were eating. 

The first younger person sitting with the daughter at the beginning of the episode was the daughter's friend.    The young man at the end was her boyfriend, or at least a friend who let them claim he was her boyfriend.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

I love how when Dr Now asks what she what her eating problem is she says snacking on candy not mentioning the 5000 calorie meals!

On 1/13/2021 at 7:31 PM, TheWalkinDude said:

Did anybody else notice (just before the “Month 6” graphic) as they were pulling out of the parking lot at Dr Now’s, one of the signs for stores in the strip mall is “The Lice Place”??

I saw one of those yesterday in Portland!

• LOL 1
On 1/14/2021 at 6:26 AM, KateHearts said:

I'm getting a little tired of the same format - right down to the same lines! "I hope I can get down to where I need so I can have weight loss surgery." "I need to get back on track." "I've worked so hard and I'm really proud of myself." "It's been xxx months since my weight loss surgery and in order to meet my goal I should be at yyy."  

And don't forget the ever-present, "blah blah blah blah blah MY JOURNEY!" and "IT'S SO HARD. "  or "I'VE WORKED SO HARD." after sitting on their ass eating all day.  What kills me are the ones who proclaim, "Dr. Now just doesn't understand!"  Really?!  He's been doing this for how many years?  They slay me with that one.

• LOL 1

I was catching up on this episode but I was distracted at times.  Who was the young guy?  The young girl was the daughter - was he her boyfriend? He looked just as obese as the rest of them.

At least Carrie wore real clothes, held a real job and they ate together as a family.  Glad to see that she succeeded.  But I wish Haleigh had some progress too... she looks very big too.  

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 2

I’m watching the repeat of the episode and noticed two things I haven’t seen before:

1) Dr. Now actually using his blinged out stethoscope to listen to Carrie’s heart 

2) Dr. Now handed her a glossy book with what looked like his picture on that back. Has he written a book including his 1200 calorie diet? Can I get it at Amazon? 

I’m always after my husband because he tends to put a lot of food on his fork. When Carrie was shoveling enormous bites of food into her mouth, I was able to show him how gross it looks 

• Love 2