Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: The Real You

• Start Topic

Natalie doesn't want to unpack into Mike's smelly closet. Yara learns more about Jovi. Amira's dad confronts Andrew. Zied arrives in the US to questions from Rebecca's family. Hazel meets Tarik's daughter. Stephanie and Ryan get into a heated fight.

Airs 1/10/21

Edited by MrBuhBye

What does Yara have against Jovi's mom? She seemed perfectly nice to me when they visited her and had dinner. Yara is the one that completely showed her spoiled ass. Mom only lives an hour away so I'm sure she wouldn't mind driving over to see Yara once a week or so when Jovi is away working to take her to lunch, shopping, what ever. Yara doesn't even want to make any effort at all to get along with her. 

Just curious, I noticed Jovi's mom has a slight accent and Jovi is not an American name, anybody know where his parents are from? 

Can't wait to see more of the Rebecca and Zied trainwreck! 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Just curious, I noticed Jovi's mom has a slight accent and Jovi is not an American name, anybody know where his parents are from? 

New Orleans is a cultural mixing bowl.  I suspect the French/Creole influence may be evident in speech patterns and names.  Even Jovi's last name (Dufren) is a phonetically spelled version of a French name (Dufresne).  

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

I watched the 20 minute preview and turned the TV off when it came time for the Loren and Alexei story. No thanks.

Yara, you maybe should have thought about marrying Jovi if you aren't independent, can't manage on your own, and need him day in and day out. Nothing stopping you from going to a hotel and getting some tourist brochures so you can explore the city. Even use the Internet to see what the sights are and hop the bus and see what the city has to offer. It's not hard to stop for a coffee and beignet at some nice little cafe and watch the world go by. You can also meet new people, maybe talk to Jovi's mom once a week, etc. to keep yourself busy. Go to the museums, galleries, library, parks, etc. So easy to kill a day. Bye, Jovi. Enjoy your 28 day break.

Natalie, maybe it was a bit rude of Mike to not make any room for you in his house. The man has no idea if you are even staying. It's doubtful that his closets or dresser drawers smell. Nothing like a little bit of Febreze to freshen things up. You don't need hangers? For shirts, t-shirts, etc. so they don't stretch out? At least breakfast looked good.

Rebecca, why is your daughter and boyfriend coming with you to the airport? You can go in two vehicles. No idea how much luggage Zied has and being in a cramped car with a bunch of suitcases is not fun. Your daughter and her boyfriend can interrogate him - after. Touch up your roots and look presentable. And do stop talking about him as your 27 year old fiance, or maybe 28 now. That gets old. You really have an issue with always having to mention his age.

• Love 12

Rebecca being pushed around by her daughter and her neanderthal/redneck fiance pissed me off.  I can't stand the fiance.  It's like who is the child, and who is the parent?  (Total flashbacks of Yolanda and her daughter and son?)

I SO want both Natalie and Yara to find people who are Ukrainian or are from that area of the world to help them at least acclimate and not feel so alone.  Yara has the best chance, I think, with New Orleans being so diverse.  UGH! 

I love Loren and Alexei, but why are we getting this preview?  They are married.  They have a child.  She looks like such a baby! 

• Love 5

Natalie was playing the happy homemaker because she wanted to control Mike and get her way.  Everything she did or said was a test for Mike to show his love or his care, according to her own talking heads.  She said that the breakfast was in appreciation of his long workdays, but then pouted because he wouldn't buy her a dresser and continued to pout until he cleared out the remaining three drawers for her,  Although she was then victorious, she had to complain that she had to clean the drawers and couldn't use the closet (which she said she didn't need), because it smelled.  She said the closet odor was yet another way Mike made her feel uncomfortable - equal to not wanting to talk about a wedding date.

Last week, when she wanted to go to the falls, she complained that she would be done cleaning the house in one day and unpacking her suitcases in an hour.  But, these scenes were two weeks after her arrival, and the house wasn't cleaned, and she hadn't unpacked.  Also, Mike will not get skinny and gorgeous on healthy breakfasts of croissants, guacamole and a plateful of some other bread.

• Love 12

Going on record to admit there is something very sexy about Zied. i love his lips.

I hate the Rakuten commercials with the Elton John songs. 

Re the preview, I forgot what a spoiled brat Loren was. Was/is? She seems better now! 

Stephanie has a rat face and rat voice a little bit.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 2

The fact that Ryan is so nonchalant and dismissive to Stephanie, tells me he doesn't know she is paying his salary.

With friends like Sara, Jovi doesn't need enemies.

Edited by Adeejay
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

I have been trying to remember who the fiance reminds me of, and I finally think it was the male lead actor (Luke Wilson maybe?) in Sweet Home Alabama.

Perhaps his closet smells a bit like mold.  The house doesn't appear to be well insulated and they live in a rainy area...

Edited by RoxiP
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Yara's real issue with Jovi's being away for a month may be about her not having his cash stream, not missing him.  I don't think that she arrived with ample savings from her make-up artist career and influencer income.  He told the furniture store saleswoman last week that they live in the courthouse (?) district or downtown,, and she replied that it was one of the nicest parts of town.  Also, their apartment building is probably aimed toward their demographic.  Finally, I read elsewhere that they met on a site for travel sugar daddy arrangements, and their interactions play out like that. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Stephanie and Ryan: Why is she calling him 14 times a day? Unless there is some compelling reason to do so, quit at once or twice and let him call you back when he has time. He is not your personal servant at your beck and call. She should have some clue that his main interest in her is her money and what she can give to him. What does he give to her, really? Now with Covid, they're stuck? Awwww. Sounds like the rest of us. That white getup was something. I'd be dirty in five minutes. She wears *that* around the house?

Andrew and Amira: Did the dude even try to get in touch with the hotel staff for help? Why was she detained, exactly? Calling half the city is not going to help. You call the American Embassy, and they can get you in touch with who you need to talk to.

Yara and Jovi: Poor Jovi has left little Yara all alone. Why get involved with a man who is independent and is away at work for X weeks at a time? If you can't amuse yourself, find a dude who works 9-5 and is home all the time. I too wonder if she doesn't want to be alone because she doesn't have much money. She is not going to immediately get a makeup job in the US. Maybe after she gets her work permit she can apply at places like Sephora or department stores as a start. Slowly build a client base and then she can do what she wants. Too bad someone threw up on her shoes. Hope they weren't expensive. Jovi's friend seems like a keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer type. Maybe she wants Jovi. Yara should just tell her that she can have him.

Natalie and Mike: This isn't going all that well. Mike lives in a remote area. No fun, no nightlife, etc. Did you ask Mike what life is like at home? If you don't want the rural lifestyle, he isn't going to necessarily change and move to the big city for you. It is going to be lonely there. Mike's closet and drawers probably didn't really smell. Maybe of clothes that haven't been washed in a bit. Easy to spray some Febreeze or put a few cloves in the drawers to keep them smelling better. A woman who needs no hangers? Really? Guess Mama wants to come and visit already. Nat doesn't even have her ring back. If this 90 days is to plan the wedding and not just get to know each other, why didn't she come on a visitor's visa?

Tarik and Hazel: At least his daughter Auri liked her so far. And his friends are sociable types who bring food, wine, and gifts to the party. It was nice that the friend brought Hazel a gift. Tarik's place is not a mess. It just needs a bit of organizing. Wonder if Hazel thinks she is going to be a maid and nanny. Where is she going to find a girlfriend? And when? Before the wedding? Six months later?

Rebecca and Zied: It is tiring to have her go on about her 27 year old fiance. Who cares???? Is that some way to make herself feel better about herself? He won't be 27 forever. Maybe 29 and holding and celebrating the 4th anniversary of his 29th birthday. Her daughter and her boyfriend behaved badly. More bad makeup (today's show theme) and not giving Zied a break. He is only here for the Green Card. Maybe he is, and maybe he is not. He certainly is not going to give you his intentions an hour after he landed. They could have taken two cars to give some space for luggage. Taking him out to eat before he has even showered, changed, and maybe had a nap was a bit much. Give these people a break. Also give him a break because he doesn't have Plans A-C already made about what he is going to do. If he does have the HVAC certification from Tunisia, he may have to look to see if it is valid here. Or find another option. He does seem to want to work and maybe give him a few days to get used to the time difference, get settled in and then he can start to make some plans.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

He told the furniture store saleswoman last week that they live in the courthouse (?) district

Warehouse 

If you close your eyes when the Blanche DuBois of Grand Rapids speaks you would swear you are listening to a 75-year-old.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, RoxiP said:

I have been trying to remember who the fiance reminds me of, and I finally think it was the male lead actor (Luke Wilson maybe?) in Sweet Home Alabama.

Perhaps his closet smells a bit like mold.  The house doesn't appear to be well insulated and they live in a rainy area...

Josh Lucas? Patrick Dempsey? Noooooooooo. Lol 

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Stephanie and Ryan: Why is she calling him 14 times a day? Unless there is some compelling reason to do so, quit at once or twice and let him call you back when he has time

Didn’t Nicole’s constant calling get Alan fired from his job? This won’t happen to Ryan because Stephanie is paying his salary, but HE doesn’t know that. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I wasn't feeling great about Stephanie's anger regarding limiting travel to Belize during Covid restrictions.  There are bigger things at play than  getting your boytoy fix.

I love Mama Natalie, but her daughter is on the edge of crazy town.  Living in the wood of Sequim, WA during the winter might just push her over the edge.  Mike seems completely disinterested in her and everything about her.  Maybe if she had taken Mike up on his offer of the closet, she might have come across her wedding ring, which he stashed on the top of one of the shelving units.

I feel like Rebecca's daughter and her boyfriend were really treating Rebecca like a child.  Of course, she is acting like a love-struck teenager...

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Drogo said:

Probably a mugshot you saw on the news this week?  

If that Micah's sour face was any more punchable he'd have "Everlast" across his forehead.  

He's running a close second to Elizabeth's brother, Charlie! On a recent episode of, I think, 90DF Strikes Back, she and Andrei were watching the scene of Charlie's drunken meltdown at the wedding and were totally insulting him. The best moment was when Elizabeth said something about wishing that Andrei had punched him! And then I laughed along with them.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I'm actually starting to feel bad for Natalie!  Mike has turned out to be quite a douche.  He starts out by not having anything healthy for her to eat but a bag of carrots, now he hasn't even cleaned out some dresser drawers for her!  He made SUCH a big deal of it too!  Seriously, I would have slapped him upside the head at that point for his petulant attitude.  Screw you, Mike!  I bet his closet does stink.  He's a single guy, living out in the sticks, kitty litter a month old.  Pretty sure that place doesn't smell like fresh air and a spring day...

• Love 12
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

Didn’t Nicole’s constant calling get Alan fired from his job? This won’t happen to Ryan because Stephanie is paying his salary, but HE doesn’t know that. 

Didn't Mi-CHUL have to quit his job to be available for Big Angela 24/7 as well?  For those who think this is for show (and some of it might be!) my hubby had to, years ago, let a guy go as his wife was calling him 8, 9 times a day at work!  Multiple warnings, lots of "Is everything okay?  Do you need outside help?" but nope - she kept calling and out he went.

I did not watch last night - watching the Browns eliminate the Steelers was way more fun - but the real reason is my ex and I used to watch the Browns and it was hard.....my ex and I used to shop at Costco and it was hard to see Costco.  My ex and I used to drive in cars together and it was hard.  My ex and I used to drink coffee together, too.  Rebecca, shut up about two things;  Your ex and what you did and Zied's age.  No. One. Cares.

Tarik needs a SERIOUS wardrobe makeover.  The shirts are.......not attractive.  And stop with the backwards baseball cap.  You are not 19.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I realize much of this is producer driven for drama, but I felt bad for Zied. The last thing you want to do after a long flight is to go for a meal and get the third degree from the extended family. I thought he handled it well and my opinion of Zied went up a few notches 

I agree.  I got off a three hour domestic flight and was not up for questioning* from my hostess, lol.  Love her, but......can we just eat please?

*= nothing spousal related,  she wanted to talk politics and I was like, not now.  

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I realize much of this is producer driven for drama, but I felt bad for Zied. The last thing you want to do after a long flight is to go for a meal and get the third degree from the extended family.

I thought when asked what HE wanted to do, Zied replied he wanted to go to Rebecca’s but Tiffany pushed the idea of going “for drinks.” All of a sudden they're eating a meal! Zied must have been exhausted and just wanted to go to sleep, but the cock blocking children wanted to disrupt sexy time with Becky

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I realize much of this is producer driven for drama, but I felt bad for Zied. The last thing you want to do after a long flight is to go for a meal and get the third degree from the extended family. I thought he handled it well and my opinion of Zied went up a few notches 

They asked him if he was hungry and he said no he ate on the plane.  So they said well we will stop for drinks.  Yet they order him fish and chips and then Rebecca is feeding him fried cheese and meatballs.  He is already chunky but I guess they want him as fat as three of them.

Is that orange eye shadow on Rebecca’s daughter supposed to be sexy or edgy or what?

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

Have we ever heard the back story on Hazel's son and ex? The shots of the kid in his father's place made it appear to be quite a bit better than Hazel's family's dirt-floored house. And I know it's a poor country, but I find it hard to believe that Hazel's friends are so poor they 'can't afford gifts'. Although I'd have to be very desperate to hook up with Tarik, whose head looks like a giant, fuzzy peanut.

Wait til Non Jovi finds out he's going to be pressured to come up with capital for Yara's cosmetic empire. This show is the only place I see young women wearing those neon lip colors in (sort of) real life. Maybe it's a Ukrainian thing.

Stephanie's 'naughty wedding dress' top and wrinkly cotton shorts outfit was an interesting choice for 1) hula-hooping and 2) taking care of a sick cat. Wonder why she hasn't had her neck lifted, it's quite incongruous with the shiny burn-victim facial skin she's sporting.

Andrew has child-bearing hips. I also get the impression running a small day care pushes his executive skills to the limit.

• LOL 14
  • Love 5

I thought when asked what HE wanted to do, Zied replied he wanted to go to Rebecca’s but Tiffany pushed the idea of going “for drinks.” All of a sudden they're eating a meal! Zied must have been exhausted and just wanted to go to sleep, but the cock blocking children wanted to disrupt sexy time with Becky

He absolutely did say no, twice. ButRebecca deferred to her daughter and SIL and asked him yet again so he realized it didn't matter what he wanted, they were going out to eat regardless.  I hate when people do that and act like you actually had a CHOICE.  And what is it with this show that everyone the comes in after hours if not days on flights to get there only to be on display for family and friends before getting a chance to sleep and refresh.  Totally unfair to the traveler.  I agree Zied handled it very well.  

Rebecca on the other hand does act like a love sick teenager.  Saying she is going to throw up at airport was beyond ridiculous.  I can see being excited about seeing him but really?  And yes her daughter and SIL were over the top but I think the producers encourage a lot of that.  But I am giving them a lot of leeway due to Rebecca doing this before and is repeating the same mistakes.  Her daughter pointed out she was behaving the same way (love sick teenager) and Rebecca is behaving as such.  I think her daughter would not be so involved if her mom showed she, I don't know, learned from her first mistake?  So Zied is paying for the sins of the first guy and Rebecca is not doing anything to show she going about this any different.  Isn't this the definition of insanity?  

Edited by gaPeach
  • Love 14

Natalie has a dishwasher (I saw it to the right of the sink).  why is she hand washing everything and leaving it all on the counter? find room in cabinets or get rid of stuff.

I don't know if that place needs cleaning, but it certainly needs organization.

Rebecca's daughter had eyeshadow that looked like bacterial pinkeye. why on earth would you do that to yourself?

Edited by christmaslights
  • LOL 18
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, christmaslights said:

Natalie has a dishwasher (I saw it to the right of the sink).  why is she hand washing everything and leaving it all on the counter?

She's the Joan of Arc of dirty dishes. 

• LOL 14

Natalie has a dishwasher (I saw it to the right of the sink).  why is she hand washing everything and leaving it all on the counter? find room in cabinets or get rid of stuff.

She doesn't know how to add the bleesh to the dishwasher.

• LOL 16
On 1/10/2021 at 10:11 PM, Adeejay said:

The fact that Ryan is so nonchalant and dismissive to Stephanie, tells me he doesn't know she is paying his salary.

With friends like Sara, Jovi doesn't need enemies.

Right? She was ready to dish the dirt, with enthusiasm. What is the point of this? The woman is here, she's here as a fiancee, and they are going to get married. Why sow these seeds? They all say "she should know what she's getting into!". Honey. That is not your job. Shut. Up-eee!

On 1/11/2021 at 12:28 AM, Drogo said:

Probably a mugshot you saw on the news this week?  

If that Micah's sour face was any more punchable he'd have "Everlast" across his forehead.  

The very mention of the word "mosque" sent Jethro's hackles up, and his rage was barely contained for the rest of their interaction. Rebecca's daughter looks like Sarah Huckabee Sanders, complete with sneer. What a lovely couple. Not. Why does Rebecca let them push her around? Is it Jethro? Are they afraid of him? 

22 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Didn't Mi-CHUL have to quit his job to be available for Big Angela 24/7 as well?  For those who think this is for show (and some of it might be!) my hubby had to, years ago, let a guy go as his wife was calling him 8, 9 times a day at work!  Multiple warnings, lots of "Is everything okay?  Do you need outside help?" but nope - she kept calling and out he went.

In the 80's I worked for a temp agency. It was the 80's, so we had those phones with a dozen lines, because temps and clients were calling in all the time. One of the women who worked there's boyfriend was home on disability and called her a dozen times a day.  One of the outgoing lines was dedicated to Raymond's calls, so that the incoming lines wouldn't be tied up. Can you imagine? 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
32 minutes ago, christmaslights said:

I don't know if that place needs cleaning, but it certainly needs organization.

Maybe she talked to Hazel?   There  may be a theme to this season of hand washing dishes despite the presence of a dishwasher.   Natalie was unsure of the washing machine so maybe she just can't figure the dishwasher  out.   I don't expect to see her wash all the clothes by hand, though

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? She was ready to dish the dirt, with enthusiasm. What is the point of this? The woman is here, she's here as a fiancee, and they are going to get married. Why sow these seeds? They all say "she should know what she's getting into!". Honey. That is not your job. Shut. Up-eee!

The very mention of the word "mosque" sent Jethro's hackles up, and his rage was barely contained for the rest of their interaction. Rebecca's daughter looks like Sarah Huckabee Sanders, complete with sneer. What a lovely couple. Not. Why does Rebecca let them push her around? Is it Jethro? Are they afraid of him? 

In the 80's I worked for a temp agency. It was the 80's, so we had those phones with a dozen lines, because temps were calling all the time, and clients with requests for temps. One of the women who worked there's boyfriend was home on disability and called her a dozen times a day.  One of the outgoing lines was dedicated to Raymond's calls, so that the incoming lines wouldn't be tied up. Can you imagine? 

First bolding:  Because producers told them to, I guess!

Second bolding:  No, I really can't!!  That would sound exhausting!!  GET A HOBBY RAYMOND.  Sounds like the women who get a twelve page letter every day from their prisoner boyfriend.  Sounds overwhelming!!

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

Saying she is going to throw up at airport was beyond ridiculous.  I can see being excited about seeing him but really?

I felt like I was going to throw up also, Rebecca seems dumb AF!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I so want to smack Natalie, she is such a pouter, acting like a 5 year old. Mike is a douche and I honestly think he would rather be living with Uncle Bo. I can't stand the way she talks, teeth clenched, at least Bo doesn't have any teeth to clench. Rebecca is a push over, she should have put her foot down with the rabid raccoon daughter and her man. I do have to say, her apartment/loft looks really cool, probably a lot cooler with furniture. Stephanie is an idiot, Ryan is probably thrilled the borders are closed. She is an attractive lady, why couldn't she find someone local. I don't find Ryan attractive at all. I didn't like Yara at first, but she is growing on me. If I had the opportunity at her age to explore a city on my own for a month, I would totally take advantage of it. Tarik man, your gonna need a bigger bed, between him, Hazel and Auri and a girl friend on the side - hopefully they don't partake in that while the girl is there. He probably still proudly wears not only his mesh shirts but baths in Drakkar Noir.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 6

I’m shocked and horrified by Micah and Tiffany’s behavior towards Zied.  Once again, Rebecca is being controlled by a man. I would tell  Micah to mind his own damn business and Tiffany that she needs to take a really good long look at her own relationship. If Micah behaves towards his girlfriend’s mother and fiancé this way, imagine how he will treat her and any children they may have.  

From experience I would say that if you want to really be a good friend to Rebecca, or any other woman who tends to get involved in co-dependent or abusive relationships, is to let them know your concerns and then let it go.  She needs support so that when it all goes to poop she will have support to leave.  If you are the person who says “I told you so” she will get deeper and deeper into the malfunction.  If you can’t be that person then don’t be her friend.  

• Love 19
1 hour ago, christmaslights said:

Natalie has a dishwasher (I saw it to the right of the sink).  why is she hand washing everything and leaving it all on the counter? 

I'll give her a pass on that. It's just the two of them (Aliens do their own dishes) and Mike is gone all day, so there wouldn't be many dishes to wash. Gives her something to do.

Did I hear her say there's no hot water? That is unacceptable.

• Love 3

Watching 90DF is a very odd experience for me this year as I have connections to several of the cities where these couples live! I'm originally from a city near Virginia Beach, where Tarik is, and I went to college there. I also lived for several years in New Orleans and currently live in Sacramento, near where Andrew is located! I spend most of the ep trying to identify locations 🙂 

Jovi's mom's accent is not foreign...she has a very typical Cajun accent, and Jovi has a little of it as well. The accents in and around New Orleans and Southeast Louisiana are very unusual and not the Southern drawl one might expect.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5