Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: The Real You

• Start Topic

Rebecca's daughter wants to take Zied the Muslim for drinks 8 seconds after he lands in America, cut to Rebecca saying how Zied does not even subscribe to kissing in public but there he is in a bar after flying for 2 days being asked inane questions by the red lidded one.  Zied has a certification in HVAC or plumbing or something like that, does it mean it is applicable in the US or does he have to be recertified because of the differences in systems?

Natalie and Mike are just awful together.  That doting housewife act, telling him how nice he was for waiting for her at the table, telling him he is a genius for figuring out the dresser situation then in her TH she's like, why do I have to explain myself when I need somesing, rolls eyes. She is so fakety, fake, fake and all she wants it that ring. 

Hazel picks up a child (who really does not know her) with autism who is too tall for her to pick up, I thought that would have been too much for the child.  I would have thought a messy, unorganized house would not be good for an autistic child, like everything has to be the same, in the same place, etc... to aliviate any anxiety about the daily routine but what do I know.  I think the messiness bothers me and I am putting that on them.  The unaturalness of Hazel asking if Tarzana use to be wild was obviously the producer telling her to ask that question.  

Stephanie, oh dear, give up already, he will not even pick up your call and is super happy that the borders are still closed.  Why is that earth shattering news that was so urgent for her to tell him, he is there, wouldn't he know that info?  Stephanie thinks if they see each other in person it will be the cure for their relationship...he does not like her, it is evident.  When people show you who they are, believe them.

Amira got the better end of the deal by being detained, she had time to really think about that Renfest Knight in Plastic Armour.  How did he get the number to the detention center since he never wanted to leave that banged up ugly room in that luxury resort.  Amira's fake crying (in what clearly is a much nicer hotel room somewhere), makes me think she is so relieved to not be in the presence of the RKPA.

• Love 2
On 1/16/2021 at 10:52 AM, bichonblitz said:

Rebecca is such a weird woman. Was it so difficult to maybe get her daughter's boyfriend and her daughter to move some of her furniture in to her new place so it looks comfy and cozy? Or hire a friggin mover for a couple of hours just to get the furniture out of storage and into the apt.  for god's sake. That was probably all production driven anyway.

She couldn't even tell them, "No, you will not ride in the car with me to the airport." 

The whole thing made no sense.  She claimed they were going to take separate cars, and then the daughter and SIL insisted on all riding together.  Why would they take separate cars?  So the daughter and SIL can view him for a moment, and then they get back into their own car and go home?  

Yeah, definitely production driven.  

On 1/15/2021 at 1:36 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Cougar Stephanie and Ryan: Their relationship was over before it started. Stephanie said she was spending $1300/month on Ryan, family, and friends. I hope that didn't include Ryan's salary at the resort.  Otherwise he's working for a pittance.

FWIW, according to the internet, the minimum wage in Belize is the equivalent of $1.65 USD.  So, about $300/month covers that.

• Love 2
On 1/11/2021 at 1:16 PM, Twopper said:

Maybe she talked to Hazel?   There  may be a theme to this season of hand washing dishes despite the presence of a dishwasher.   Natalie was unsure of the washing machine so maybe she just can't figure the dishwasher  out.   I don't expect to see her wash all the clothes by hand, though

Many people from Europe outside America hand wash dishes exclusively, as dishwashers are not so common all over the world. There is also a beliefs that hand washing does the job better. 

Mike's home is okay, but it's not organized, cozy, or homey. It definitely looks like a single man has been living there and needs a makeover. 

11 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Mike's home is okay, but it's not organized, cozy, or homey. It definitely looks like a single man has been living there and needs a makeover. 

If Natalie was nearly as smart as she thinks she is with her 110 IQ, she'd say to Mike, "Since I'm here alone every day, I am going to go through the whole house and clean and reorganize everything.  I'll wash all the washables, and then refold them and organize them so there may be more room for my things as well as yours.  I'll clean out the kitchen cabinets and make everything easier for me to reach while I'm at it."  (Really, her "search" through the house was woefully inadequate.)

Then she'd just have to surreptitiously watch the tall dude until he goes to retrieve the ring from where it is hidden.  LOL.

• Love 1

Again, late to the party, but what was barring Andrew from driving or flying into Mexico City to making in person inquiries?  Even if he wasn't supposed to go there, didn't he ask Amira to take a risk for their love?  Now he cannot be bothered to get to Mexico City so people can't hang up on him?  It just seems rich that he is "blaming himself" from a full four star retreat.  

On 1/18/2021 at 8:23 PM, Lily247 said:

Many people from Europe outside America hand wash dishes exclusively, as dishwashers are not so common all over the world. There is also a beliefs that hand washing does the job better. 

I almost exclusively hand wash dishes.  I actually find it sort of soothing.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

Again, late to the party, but what was barring Andrew from driving or flying into Mexico City to making in person inquiries?  Even if he wasn't supposed to go there, didn't he ask Amira to take a risk for their love?  Now he cannot be bothered to get to Mexico City so people can't hang up on him?  It just seems rich that he is "blaming himself" from a full four star retreat.  

IMO, he had paid for a package deal at that "four-star" resort, and wasn't willing to sacrifice what was probably a "no-refund" amount of money.

Regardless of who researched and came up with the "fly to Mexico first" idea, it appears incontrovertible that Amira only had a one-way ticket.  People who are on a visitors visa can be denied entry if they don't have a return ticket, as the customs officials may assume that the visitors are NOT planning to leave the country.  (We watch "Catch a Smuggler" and customs is also looking for illegal entrants and sometimes do - as in this case - force a return on the next available flight to the country where the flight originated.  In Amira's case, there wasn't a flight available for a couple of days.)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Regardless of who researched and came up with the "fly to Mexico first" idea, it appears incontrovertible that Amira only had a one-way ticket.  People who are on a visitors visa can be denied entry if they don't have a return ticket, as the customs officials may assume that the visitors are NOT planning to leave the country.  (We watch "Catch a Smuggler" and customs is also looking for illegal entrants and sometimes do - as in this case - force a return on the next available flight to the country where the flight originated.  In Amira's case, there wasn't a flight available for a couple of days.)

Would you hypothesize then that simply purchasing a round trip ticket (and not using the second ticket) would've been the smarter move for them? 

• Love 3
Just now, Drogo said:

Would you hypothesize then that simply purchasing a round trip ticket (and not using the second ticket) would've been the smarter move for them? 

Yep.  Even if they couldn't get a refund on the return ticket, they probably could have gotten a credit for that airline that would be good for a year for future travel.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Yep.  Even if they couldn't get a refund on the return ticket, they probably could have gotten a credit for that airline that would be good for a year for future travel.  

Depending on when you buy a ticket & how long you stay, often a round-trip ticket is cheaper than a one-way.  I don't think that was the case here, because that would have made sense in more ways than one.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

Depending on when you buy a ticket & how long you stay, often a round-trip ticket is cheaper than a one-way.  I don't think that was the case here, because that would have made sense in more ways than one.

There is SO MUCH on this show that doesn't make sense.  LOL.  Like are all of these beautiful women and handsome men REALLY in love with their American sponsors????

• Love 2