Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of January 11, 2021

TheView
  • Start Topic

Huh???  WTF did you just try to say, Meghan?  I swear, she is a master at the word salad!  I usually try to follow along, but this diatribe was just too much.  Plus, the sparkly eyelids and incessant blinking was distracting - it was like looking at two little strobe lights!  (And, she's probably blinking because all that glitter is either weighing down her eyelids, or it's getting in her eyes.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Oh good Cindy McCain is here.  Hopefully she will take that glitter away that Me-Again got into and wash her face.  I try not to go after their looks, makeup or clothing as much as possible.  But this look of Megz is just- ridiculous 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Huh???  WTF did you just try to say, Meghan?  I swear, she is a master at the word salad!  I usually try to follow along, but this diatribe was just too much.  Plus, the sparkly eyelids and incessant blinking was distracting - it was like looking at two little strobe lights!  (And, she's probably blinking because all that glitter is either weighing down her eyelids, or it's getting in her eyes.)

DEETS! DEETS!

I think you're right about the blinking like a toy doll because of the glitter--Sara does it as well. And I've been watching not just the others here (who don't do the constant blinking), but other shows, and Her Twatness and Sara are the only ones who do the blink-blink-blink-blink while reading the telepromter.

• Love 1

Sorry, Meg the pundint, but money talks louder than “the base.”  As corporate America pulls its donations to trump apologists you’ll see more and more Reps change their tunes. (see: McConnell, Mitch)

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Sorry, Meg the pundint, but money talks louder than “the base.”  As corporate America pulls its donations to trump apologists you’ll see more and more Reps change their tunes. (see: McConnell, Mitch)

It's always about money.  If Meghan thinks ideology trumps (no pun intended) money she is even dumber than I thought.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Holy glitter eyeshadow!! 

And she wonders why nobody takes her seriously as a professional political pundint [sic] !

Meggie, put the glitter away for a few years until Libs is old enough to play with it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I'm no fan of Sara because she is wrong for this show, but Meghan smacks what she says.

Last week she did it about the parental leave for fathers and today about COVID and this "other virus". 

Separately, makes a point that she calls Sunny for newborn advice.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I'm no fan of Sara because she is wrong for this show, but Meghan smacks what she says.

Last week she did it about the parental leave for fathers and today about COVID and this "other virus". 

Separately, makes a point that she calls Sunny for newborn advice.

Megan really dislikes Sara and I have no idea why?  Sara is so damn likable and nice.  I think it is just pure jealousy on Megan's part...

Megan's incoherence has gotten worst.  The word salad was off the charts today, I had a hard time following her.  What the hell was she saying.  Does she even know?  The horrible events of last week have shaken her only because it makes her team look bad. 

• Love 15

The thing that annoys me most about Meg quoting statistics about Reps still loving Trump is that she and all Reps created this situation by lying constantly to their audience. Now they can’t walk it back. 

• Love 19

Not a huge surprise, but Meghan was wrong according to exit polling Trump won white males. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/exit-polls-president.html

I thought it was super interesting even if she might have been joking that Cindy had to mention to Meghan that Arizona GOP took the McCain family out of the censure. I like Cindy even if she is a bit boring the difference between her and Meghan is amazing. Cindy is obviously secure about her political beliefs and only cares about her husbands legacy will be tarnished (which is super understandable). This week Meghan seems super insecure about her beliefs. 

• Love 12

Megan rattled off a bunch of statistics about voters -   she was trying to point out that trump's "base"  is not who you think it is.  but she missed the mark - said something like  (this is from memory, so I assume the numbers are off) 

"13 % of black voters voted for trump"  (yeah, Meghan, so who do you think the other 87% voted for?)

and 20+% of hispanics voted for trump (again, that means the majority of Hispanic votes went to Biden?) 

and then  - the kicker, she looked so proud do be saying that "more white men voted for Joe Biden than voted for trump!"   (Yes, meghan, Joe Biden got more white votes, more black votes, more men, more hispanic, more women, more  EVERYONE - HE GOT MORE VOTES!)  White supremacists voted for trump, but a statistic about WHITE MEN doesn't disprove that -  the vast majority of white men are not white supremacists. 

(ETA - I posted before looking at the survey posted above.  So, Meghan not only mis-interprets statisiitcs, her numbers are actually WRONG) 

None of those statistics proved any point she thought she was making - which wasn't entirely clear anyway.   Even when she quoted percentages of republicans who support trump over party -  WHO was asked, WHEN were they asked, (before or after January 6) and what was the exact context and wording of the question?  without that, it is likely a slanted survey designed to show a certain result.   She is no better than people on the conservative radio and tv shows making false equivalencies and statistics to make outlandish claims that aren't supported.  

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 21
17 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

and then  - the kicker, she looked so proud do be saying that "more white men voted for Joe Biden than voted for trump!"   (Yes, meghan, Joe Biden got more white votes, more black votes, more men, more hispanic, more women, more  EVERYONE - HE GOT MORE VOTES!)  White supremacists voted for trump, but a statistic about WHITE MEN doesn't disprove that -  the vast majority of white men are not white supremacists. 

She looked so smug when she said that about White men. I yelled at the tv who did your husband vote for, we all know the answer to that. It is unbelievable how she is still carrying you know who's water..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 10

Ruminate all you want, you gold glitter infected Twatness.

Every single one of your predictions over the past four years FAILED. So just STFU already if you can't contribute to the conversation constructively, instead of stoking/shit-stirring.

She predicted that Democrats wouldn't win the House in 2018.

She predicted that Trump would win the election.

Now she's predicting the Senate just won't convict. In her words "It's not gonna happen."

As for what Joy said about how a number of Congress were afraid to vote to impeach because they were afraid for their lives, the lives of their families? Just call me a cold-hearted wench*, but then step down/resign. They all swore an oath to uphold the Constitution. It's not a "cushy" job; there are risks that come with the job. Take what precautions you can, but if you're "scared to death" as has been stated on this show, then resign.

*Leaving it at that as I don't want to go off topic.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

As for what Joy said about how a number of Congress were afraid to vote to impeach because they were afraid for their lives, the lives of their families? Just call me a cold-hearted wench*, but then step down/resign. They all swore an oat to uphold the Constitution. It's not a "cushy" job; there are risks that come with the job. Take what precautions you can, but if you're "scared to death" as has been stated on this show, then resign.

Exactly! what about the Democrats who have been living with death threats because her team has gin up hatred and fear against them for years.  The members of congress can hire security detail, it is a part of the budget for them if the need ever arises.  It sucks to have to have bodyguards but the average person like you and me don't have access to that..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

It's always about money.  If Meghan thinks ideology trumps (no pun intended) money she is even dumber than I thought.

Of course Meghan downplays the importance of money. She was born rich and has never had to think about money for even one second of her entire life.

• Love 14
49 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan really dislikes Sara and I have no idea why?  Sara is so damn likable and nice.  I think it is just pure jealousy on Megan's part...

I really don't think Meghan is jealous of Sara or anyone at all. 

While Sara can't pick a side and is too vanilla, Meghan was glad to see her leave for the Michael Strahan show. 

Meghan didn't have much time with her when The View started in Sept and was probably rolling her eyes that Sara was back. Now that both of them are back with no place to go, Meghan isn't having any of Sara.

8 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I really don't think Meghan is jealous of Sara or anyone at all. 

While Sara can't pick a side and is too vanilla, Meghan was glad to see her leave for the Michael Strahan show. 

Meghan didn't have much time with her when The View started in Sept and was probably rolling her eyes that Sara was back. Now that both of them are back with no place to go, Meghan isn't having any of Sara.

There is something there though.  Megan did try to isolate her from the rest of the panel.  I remember Sara brought up how they all went to lunch without her and it hurt her feelings. I like Sara and I think she is genuinely nice and a bitch like Megan sees her as weak and irrelevant. 

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

There is something there though.  Megan did try to isolate her from the rest of the panel.  I remember Sara brought up how they all went to lunch without her and it hurt her feelings. I like Sara and I think she is genuinely nice and a bitch like Megan sees her as weak and irrelevant. 

Oh, yes something is definitely there! 

Sara does say some stupid stuff at times but you're right, Meghan does see her as weak and irrelevant.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Well...if i can do the snark, i can also be good.....i thought MM looked very pretty today.  Not so severe.

*cough cough said it....* 🤣

She's the prettiest Karen ever. 

I get that Cindy is there today, but do all the View hosts and guests have to constantly praise MyFather? 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

Cindy McCain describing what Republicans stood for:  

Inclusion 

Generosity

Country First 

What is this Republican Party Cindy is referring to?  Inclusion? Generosity??  Since when?

3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes. 

Hehehehe too funny. I have to so much to say about this, but I don't want to get OT. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I've always wondered about this. It IS clear she dislikes Sara. 

Intellectually Sara is a bit of a lightweight, in my opinion, but it's not like MeAgain is a big brain either. I wonder if it's Sara's likeability that MeAgain DOES hate. Or maybe the results of it more than the actual personality trait. Sara got the talk show, albeit one that eventually failed for various reasons. Or maybe it's how Sara got where she is Meghan doesn't respect. Meghan (falsely) believes that she herself is a special person, an elite, an educated sophisticated pundit. Sara is a former NBC Page who backdoored into a series of successes first on NBC then ABC. Maybe miss Political Dynasty doesn't respect that. Or maybe she thinks Sara has leveraged her looks maybe? Sara is 43 and could easily pass for mid 30s.  Meghan is 36 and could easily pass for 50.  I don't much care about their relative looks, but maybe Meghan does?  It's speculation based on nothing other than trying to figure out why a (I'll say it again) seeming lightweight like Sara gets under MeAgain's skin so much. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

but do all the View hosts and guests have to constantly praise MyFather? 

I've also noticed that Sara (several times), Sunny and Whoops have said things like "Meghan made a good point the other day that I agree with ... blah, blah, blah".  I wonder if TPTB told them to be more accepting of MM and pretend that everyone on the show gets along.  I don't buy it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I've also noticed that Sara (several times), Sunny and Whoops have said things like "Meghan made a good point the other day that I agree with ... blah, blah, blah".  I wonder if TPTB told them to be more accepting of MM and pretend that everyone on the show gets along.  I don't buy it.

Heh.  Joy don't play dat' though... 

I mean Joy is perfectly happy instead, to lay out slightly extraneous comments about the 2nd Amendment and school shootings and such to provoke Meghan. You can tell she's not up for playing nice anymore with the fake, annoying, brat. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
24 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Intellectually Sara is a bit of a lightweight, in my opinion, but it's not like MeAgain is a big brain either. I wonder if it's Sara's likeability that MeAgain DOES hate. 

I think so.  She had similar reactions to Abby and that was supposed to be her bestie.   She doesn't like the popular girls. 

• Love 16
52 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Intellectually Sara is a bit of a lightweight, in my opinion, but it's not like MeAgain is a big brain either. I wonder if it's Sara's likeability that MeAgain DOES hate.

DING!DING!DING! We have a winner! That's exactly it.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Kromm said:

I really don't think that is the likeability factor. All of the other co-hosts have a likeability factor. I still say that Meghan doesn't like Sara because she thinks Sara doesn't bring anything to the table.

I mean Meghan is a "political analyst  in politics her entire life", Sunny and Ana are lawyers, Whoopi's EGOT, Joy's been on show since day one plus her comedy career/her own show. Sara was scheduling cars for guests at NBC. 

Meghan isn't going to give Sara the time of day but it getting so obvious.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kromm said:

Intellectually Sara is a bit of a lightweight, in my opinion, but it's not like MeAgain is a big brain either. I wonder if it's Sara's likeability that MeAgain DOES hate. Or maybe the results of it more than the actual personality trait. Sara got the talk show, albeit one that eventually failed for various reasons. Or maybe it's how Sara got where she is Meghan doesn't respect. Meghan (falsely) believes that she herself is a special person, an elite, an educated sophisticated pundit. Sara is a former NBC Page who backdoored into a series of successes first on NBC then ABC. Maybe miss Political Dynasty doesn't respect that. Or maybe she thinks Sara has leveraged her looks maybe? Sara is 43 and could easily pass for mid 30s.  Meghan is 36 and could easily pass for 50.  I don't much care about their relative looks, but maybe Meghan does?  It's speculation based on nothing other than trying to figure out why a (I'll say it again) seeming lightweight like Sara gets under MeAgain's skin so much. 

I was going to give you a laughing face, but I wanted to make sure you knew it was specifically for the bolded and not the entire comment.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

Presumably Cindy is thinking of Abraham Lincoln's Republican Party.  Fiscally conservative but socially liberal.

I’m not convinced Cindy is talking about over a century ago. She seems to think these qualities all existed in her party pre-Teump. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

Oh good Cindy McCain is here.  Hopefully she will take that glitter away that Me-Again got into and wash her face.  I try not to go after their looks, makeup or clothing as much as possible.  But this look of Megz is just- ridiculous 

Cindy could've used it. She was so pancaked up in white makeup that she looked like a ghost.

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

Oh good Cindy McCain is here.  Hopefully she will take that glitter away that Me-Again got into and wash her face. 

I hope Cindy at least tells Ms. Blinky Blink to watch herself on video.  Looking in the mirror or on the monitor, she cannot see when her eyes are closed, so she needs to look at a recording to see how ridiculous she looks.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I have grown weary of Joy's praise for Liz Cheney. In the words of Chris Rock, people don't get credit for stuff they are supposed to be doing.

“I take care of my kids.”

“What you want, a cookie? You’re supposed to you dumb mother******!”

I love Chris Rock. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

If Sara started out scheduling cars for guests at NBC, and, Meghan started out being the rich daughter of a famous politician, and, they ended up at exactly the same place, my respect has to go to Sara.

👏 

5 hours ago, AryasMum said:

I’m not convinced Cindy is talking about over a century ago. She seems to think these qualities all existed in her party pre-Teump. 

Bless her heart. 

8 hours ago, After7Only said:

I think so.  She had similar reactions to Abby and that was supposed to be her bestie.   She doesn't like the popular girls. 

Meghan's always talking about all the friends she has. I wonder if she's the type of girl who likes other girls-until they take attention from her.   

• Love 7

MM - 1/6 would have killed (my Dad).

CM - he would have be furious and perhaps face them down. And angry, upset and telling people to get a handle on this and not acceptable.

I have never been able to take MM's punditery (lol) seriously.

MM - emotional, static, own party, Trump, viruses, ruminating, divided and fractured, need facts, fractured - who the trump voters are.

CM - rule of law, our country, do the right thing. Take care, do right for the country.

Loved CM's nod to Joy's comment about Lindsey Graham.

CM - Doing what is right for our country and state. Inclusion, and country first...

• Love 5

MeAgain said "ruminate" at least twice today. Must have been in her word of the day 2021 calendar.

Those glittery eyes! WTAF? She told her mom she looked pretty, and then her mom lied and told MeAgain that she looked pretty. I am pretty sure that Cindy (I only wear black turtleneck sweaters when I go on the View) McCain is not a fan of Studio 54 glitter eyes.

makeup glitter GIF

• LOL 8
17 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Cindy McCain describing what Republicans stood for:  

Inclusion 

Generosity

Country First 

What is this Republican Party Cindy is referring to?  Inclusion? Generosity??  Since when?

yeah, only generous to the top percent, but she's in that group, so all is good

and what is it with them being the family values party? are democrats all against that? i wasn't aware of that

but i would welcome her over her snotty daughter any day

12 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Cindy could've used it. She was so pancaked up in white makeup that she looked like a ghost.

yeah, and not a good look

not much on her hairdo either

• Love 6
6 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Loved CM's nod to Joy's comment about Lindsey Graham.

What nod? I saw a smile, but she has stated on this show, the last time she was here, that she would "never" criticize or say anything against Graham because he is a "dear friend" and has been for many years.

• Love 2