Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search


The View: Week of January 11, 2021


TheView
  • Reply
  • Start Topic

Recommended Posts

Monday, Jan. 11 – Ken Jennings (ABC’s “The Chase”; “Jeopardy!”)

 

Tuesday, Jan. 12 – Lil Nas X (author, “C is for Country”); Ralph Macchio and William Zabka (“Cobra Kai”)

 

Wednesday, Jan. 13 – James Comey (author, “Saving Justice”)

 

Thursday, Jan. 14 – Rob Lowe (“9-1-1: Lone Star”); Dondré Whitfield (author, “Male vs. Man”)

 

Friday, Jan. 15 – George Lopez (“No Man’s Land”)

 

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Oh boy, Ken Jennings??  This is going to be interesting - over the break MeAgain went after him on Twitter for some tweets made years ago. I think he made a very politically incorrect comment about seeing an attractive female and then realizing she's in a wheelchair or words to that effect.  She was up in arms over it.  I think Ben was also.

Hopefully she'll leave her filet knife in the kitchen during Comey's interview.

Sounds like another stressful week.

Link to comment
10 hours ago, TheView said:

Tuesday, Jan. 12 – Lil Nas X (author, “C is for Country”); Ralph Macchio and William Zabka (“Cobra Kai”)

I am having one hell of a time getting into Season 3 of Cobra Kai.  Is anyone else?  Might just be me and a case of bad timing trying to concentrate on something else other than real life right now.  One thing for sure though is that William Zabka is absolutely the star of the show and gets all the best lines.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Badbea99 said:

boy, Ken Jennings??  This is going to be interesting - over the break MeAgain went after him on Twitter for some tweets made years ago. I think he made a very politically incorrect comment about seeing an attractive female and then realizing she's in a wheelchair or words to that effect.  She was up in arms over it.  I think Ben was also.

He’s on the game show Sara is hosting. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, TheView said:

He’s on the game show Sara is hosting. 

I forgot about that.  I'm wondering if MeAgain will have the balls to bring up the tweet she was raging about a couple of weeks ago.  You know she wants to 'make sparks' so she goes viral in conservative media circles.  She looks for a reason to 'pivot' to throw a lot of guests under the bus.  Hopefully she'll be told by Teta to keep her big mouth shut.  We shall see.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

I forgot about that.  I'm wondering if MeAgain will have the balls to bring up the tweet she was raging about a couple of weeks ago.  You know she wants to 'make sparks' so she goes viral in conservative media circles.  She looks for a reason to 'pivot' to throw a lot of guests under the bus.  Hopefully she'll be told by Teta to keep her big mouth shut.  We shall see.

Hopefully she's had enough sparks from this past week and will let it slide. I don't know, last couple eps after she's said her part, she's seemed...dare i say...mellow?

  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

Oh boy, Ken Jennings??  This is going to be interesting - over the break MeAgain went after him on Twitter for some tweets made years ago. I think he made a very politically incorrect comment about seeing an attractive female and then realizing she's in a wheelchair or words to that effect.  She was up in arms over it.  I think Ben was also.

Hopefully she'll leave her filet knife in the kitchen during Comey's interview.

Sounds like another stressful week.

His comments were dumb, but I thought Meghan was against cancel culture and brining up past mistakes to hold over people's heads. 

  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
Link to comment

Ken should look up dumb tweets that Meghan made in 2014 and be prepared to throw them back at her.  I'm sure there are many.  I love it when guests are prepared for her "gotcha" questions and make her look stupid or on the verge of tears.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 1/8/2021 at 11:59 PM, LakeGal said:

I can not stand George Lopez.

Seconded. 

15 hours ago, MsTree said:

RE: Ken Jennings...just because he's a wiz at trivia doesn't mean he's a good game show host. No way he should fill Trebek's shoes permanently.

I don't think he's likely to. He has ongoing gigs on TWO other game shows already. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Haha. Joy, talking about school shootings and how politicians always say its too soon, put off talk, and another shooting happens. In front of MeAgain, who's dad took more NRA money than anyone else ever. Then comparing that to putting off impeachment. 

I'm tempted to say "shots fired". Joy don't give a F if she triggers MeAgain anymore. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 19
Link to comment

I have no interest in Ken Jennings. The tweet about the woman in the wheelchair was the tip of the iceburg on his Disgusting tweets. Fuck Ken Jennings and The View for having him on. See also his full throated support of Bean Dad. I will not watch any Jeopardy episodes with him hosting. He is trash.

  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
Link to comment

I loved when Sunny pointed out during the Impeachment discussion the fact that they were able to appoint a court justice to RBG's seat in a week or less. I think she's right that an Impeachment doesn't necessarily have to take long, so length of time is a hollow argument.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
No idea how I wrote RBJ instead of RBG, lol. Maybe my mind got LBJ mixed in there.
  • Love 24
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Caseysgirl said:

It’s been nearly a year since these women started doing this show virtually and they STILL haven’t figured out how not to talk over one another - no one ever completes a thought without being interrupted. 

To an extent that's true of all of them. But it's MOSTLY true of MeAgain, who doesn't CARE about accommodating or being respectful to the others. It's not JUST a tech issue. It's also a human one. 

  • Love 18
Link to comment

Now Meghan fears Big Tech's overreach for intellectual property. She can't possibly be in favor of goverment regulation, right? That's evil socialism that would turn the US into Venezuela. 😯 Let me get some pearls so I can clutch them./sarcasm

Y'all know what this is, right? It's a setup so that the next time Meghan bothsides, she'll call back to this moment as an example of how she "calls balls and strikes" or holds Republican feet to the fire, etc. to shore up her false equivalencies.

  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Did MeAgain just say "five DORKS in Silicon Valley", or did I mishear that? 

You did not mishear.  “Big tech is suppressing speech” is the Rep talking point du jour. 

  • Love 8
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

You did not mishear.  “Big tech is suppressing speech” is the Rep talking point du jour. 

Wasn't it just a couple years ago Rep's were decrying net neutrality saying it would  hurt Big Tech?  I just can't keep track of who they are BFF's with.  

  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
Link to comment

Well at least Megan did something "right" about asking Ken about the tweets, but even though I like Ken, that still seems like a half apology.  

On the upside, I knew that Tom Selleck was the first guest ever on the show.  I did chuckle that the NRA was part of his clue.  

  • Love 2
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I loved when Sunny pointed out during the Impeachment discussion the fact that they were able to appoint a court justice to RBJ's seat in a week or less. I think she's right that an Impeachment doesn't necessarily have to take long, so length of time is a hollow argument.

An impeached president doesn't collect a $200,000/year pension.  Reason enough for me.

5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

You did not mishear.  “Big tech is suppressing speech” is the Rep talking point du jour. 

Actually, if "big tech"(what is that exactly?)  was required to allow postings that were against their terms of service -  THAT would be suppression of free speech.  social media forums have the right to their rules, just like the forum we are on now.  

  • Love 24
Link to comment
41 minutes ago, Axie said:

Meghan interrupts Whoopie and then says, “Sorry Whoopie,” then continues to talk.  Shut up, Meghan!  

Whoopi needs to consistently tell her to stop talking and wait until I/Sunny/Joy/Sara/guest is done!  If Whoopi can't do her job the producer should mute Meg.  I do a lot of web meetings and everyone but the speaker is muted until it is time for questions & comments or open discussion time. It also eliminates time delays between speaking and hearing.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
Link to comment

I’m not watching this doofus, Ken Jennings, on anything.  There’s something unlikeable about him to me.

 I was only going to buy VYD stuff if it was the Oprah edition.  I hate to think how she must be struggling in these times.

  • LOL 11
  • Love 7
Link to comment
30 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Whoopi needs to consistently tell her to stop talking and wait until I/Sunny/Joy/Sara/guest is done!  If she can't do her job the producer should mute Meg.

Yes, but that's after Whoopi stops talking while others are commenting.  She's the worst for over-talking!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
Grammar.
  • Love 3
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Axie said:

I’m not watching this doofus, Ken Jennings, on anything.  There’s something unlikeable about him to me.

I agree. He doesn't seem like a people person.  Alex Trebek will be a hard act to follow and I can't see them giving the job to Jennings.  

  • Love 6
Link to comment

The overtalking was really bad today it was too much. It is a shame that a show on a major network like ABC cannot get their shit together, it is embarrassing at this point. Other shows with half of their budget are able to make it work, why can't they?

 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 11
Link to comment

I've lost count how many times MeAgain has mentioned she's in DC since returning from maternity leave.  Seems so strange since prior to going on leave, she never mentioned where she was located and even attempted to lead the viewing audience to believe she was in NYC during the BLM protests last summer.  Hopefully she'll decide to stay there when it's time for the hosts to return to the studio.

  • Love 5
Link to comment

Every time MM says something that actually makes sense she follows it up with an apples/oranges argument to confuse the point.    During the social media discussion she tried to equate Trump to Russian bots and saying social media should treat them similarly.   I wasn't really clear whether they should censure them both or not at all   But she then lost me when she started talking about people like the Ayatollah Khomeni having a Twitter account and suggesting that he shouldn't because of threats he's made against the US.   However,  it wasn't clear whether any of those threats were made on Twitter (my guess is they were not).   Twitter banned Trump for specific things he said on their platform, not for being a "bad" person.   The comparison was nothing alike and just an argument meant to deflect from the real issue.   

  • Love 15
Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

I've lost count how many times MeAgain has mentioned she's in DC since returning from maternity leave.  Seems so strange since prior to going on leave, she never mentioned where she was located and even attempted to lead the viewing audience to believe she was in NYC during the BLM protests last summer.  Hopefully she'll decide to stay there when it's time for the hosts to return to the studio.

Hey!  What have the people of DC ever done to you to deserve that?

  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

You did not mishear.  “Big tech is suppressing speech” is the Rep talking point du jour. 

Hmmm when she learned Karl Rove was following her years ago she said ,it can be creepy, we need to take back Twitter from the creepy people.  

  • Love 5
Link to comment
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

An impeached president doesn't collect a $200,000/year pension.  Reason enough for me.

Actually, if "big tech"(what is that exactly?)  was required to allow postings that were against their terms of service -  THAT would be suppression of free speech.  social media forums have the right to their rules, just like the forum we are on now.  

Also,we don’t pay for either his security or the hiked up hotel charges trump charged the secret service.  

  • Love 11
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...