Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of January 11, 2021

TheView
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, Cozytea said:

Yellow tinted Harry Potter glasses 🤓

I only saw a few minutes of Hot Topics, but WTF with those glasses??  First, they were ridiculous looking, second, they made her nose look larger than I think it is, and lastly, does she normally wear prescription glasses, or are they just an accessory to make her "look" smart??  (Not working if that's the case!)

Off topic - Meghan was on Andy Cohen's Bravo WWHL show last night, with her good buddy, S.E. Cupp, who was wearing a similar pair of glasses.  Guess Meghan liked the look and tried to copy it - problem is, S.E. actually looks good in her glasses, and I think she wears them because she needs to!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Off topic - Meghan was on Andy Cohen's Bravo WWHL show last night, with her good buddy, S.E. Cupp, who was wearing a similar pair of glasses.  Guess Meghan liked the look and tried to copy it - problem is, S.E. actually looks good in her glasses, and I think she wears them because she needs to!  

The several months ago MemememememeAgain wore glasses the day after she was on something with SE Cupp.  I agree, SE looks good, Meghan looks stupid, not smart.  Though her glitter eyelids of the past few days were even worse.  

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
8 hours ago, atomic said:

MM: "I love sex and I love men!"
Also MM: *clutches her pearls hearing "g-spot" on the show*

At least she did laugh today! Sometimes she's a complete sourpuss. It's like she can't make up her mind what image she wants to project. Is she a proper traditional woman? Is she a cool conservative? I think she gets confused between the culture wars, her own feelings, and the beliefs of those in her life. A part of her wants to have a more combative attitude than any man but not be called out for it, be naughty, call America a sexy bitch, watch Howard Stern, and defend sex workers. Another part of her is anti-feminist, thinks feminism and being pro sex are more liberal ideas, and that a proper Republican ought to be offended by everything out of Joy Behar's mouth, even when it's nonpolitical, even if deep down she agrees or finds it quite humorous. Nuance can make a difference. I am more shy with sex-related stuff with my parents around, but love a good dirty joke otherwise. I don't see the big deal in cursing, but there are limits with what I'm comfortable with men saying around me. With Meghan though, I think it's all political even when Joy is being a comedian. 

25 minutes ago, TimWil said:

I was disappointed Whoopi didn’t identify the other Golden Girls characters as Sophia Loren, Rose Marie and Dorothy Lamour.

LMAO! Honestly, this is part of Whoopi's charm. 

2 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I thought they were jarring at first. Then they grew on me and by the end I thought they were pretty cool.

(Sometimes I wish I could read Joy's mind when she first sees MM's outfits, hair, or accessories. I bet it's hilarious and a constant eye roll.)

No wonder it sounded wrong, but right at the same time. 👉👈

Oh Joy must have stories! It reminds me of Kathy Griffin impersonating what Star Jones said to her. "Girrrrl, when Barbara's not around we take turns being you in the dressing room!"

I love me some Blanche DuBois. ❤️Vivien Leigh was so amazing. I don't know if anyone else could have made "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers" into an iconic line. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I only saw a few minutes of Hot Topics, but WTF with those glasses??  First, they were ridiculous looking, second, they made her nose look larger than I think it is, and lastly, does she normally wear prescription glasses, or are they just an accessory to make her "look" smart??  (Not working if that's the case!)

I'm not sure if those were prescription, but you can get prescription lenses with yellow or blue tint to ease the eye for screens.  

17 hours ago, Haleth said:

Honestly, Sara, if one of your coworkers was inciting a bunch of thugs to trash your workplace and threaten you and your other coworkers with kidnapping or death would you be willing to wait for legal action?

What part of Sara's brain doesn't understand that Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz need to be immediately expelled from the US Senate?

Does she think they are now going to sit on their hands the in back row and be silent??

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

LOL...I thought the same thing!  Was she painting and dribbled paint on her shirt?  Or is it a "look"?! 🙂

Not only is there paint splattered all over her shirt but there are holes in it too!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I thought what Sara said was interesting about the mob in D.C. last week having people of all social class being shocking to her but not in the context of history.  The Citizens' councils was an organization in the deep south comprised of the upper echelon of southern white societies that often worked in tandem with the Klu Klux Klan composed mostly of the White working class in maintaining White supremacy and segregation throughout the south. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 6

Meghan keeps asking questions regarding Hawley and now it all makes sense. Apparently before the Capitol riots, she tweeted this.

ErGZZa-UYAM1KjY.thumb.jpeg.9274fa2fe88d99cc905443085188a64a.jpeg

She has since deleted it, but I did see some people replying to it on twitter so it seems true.

Everything makes sense now.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Poverty doesn't excuse racism....I'm glad Sunny said that, because Meghan saying that was such a white privilege thing to say. 

22 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

As a black/mixed race woman, I reject the notion that a lot of this anger has anything to do with socioeconomic reasons as Meghan stated. I actually hate that argument, period. I’ve heard it used on both sides of the aisles and it’s just not true. 

Anger because of your socioeconomic situation is only allowed when you are white.  If Meghan doesn't realize that she is being deliberately ignorant to what has been the reality of this country forever.  When she talks about "real Americans" in the middle of the country we know who she means.  

• Love 18

I’m glad they had Rep Jayapal instead. Love her. Hope she finds a way to punish those jerks that gave her covid.

Sheesh, Whoopi, put on some decent clothes. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 9
31 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan keeps asking questions regarding Hawley and now it all makes sense. Apparently before the Capitol riots, she tweeted this.

She has since deleted it, but I did see some people replying to it on twitter so it seems true.

She was singing his praises last Monday before the riots, which was her first day back.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
53 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

So, before the terrorist attack (because I don't believe in euphemisms--call it what it was) on Wednesday, she was all on board with Hawley trying to uncertify Biden's Electoral Count. She can't claim she didn't know when he was vocal about it.

51 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Anger because of your socioeconomic situation is only allowed when you are white.  If Meghan doesn't realize that she is being deliberately ignorant to what has been the reality of this country forever.  When she talks about "real Americans" in the middle of the country we know who she means.  

And it turns out (and this show, I think it was Sara who said it) pointed out that these terrorists were lawyers, businessmen, VETERANS; men and women who don't fall under the poor socioeconomic category. So STFU, Your Twatness. Or have enough days gone by, that she is backtracking her position and that what happened last week wasn't so bad and that no one else is responsible?

19 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I’m glad they had Rep Jayapal instead. Love her. Hope she finds a way to punish those jerks that gave her covid.

It's...I don't have the words for how she and the other three representatives got COVID. I hope she also got the infusion of the mono-whatever-Ic can't pronounce or spell that Rep. Coleman received.

19 minutes ago, OnTime said:

She was singing his praises last Monday before the riots, which was her first day back.

And also clutching her pearls because Simon & Schuster dropped him/decided they wouldn't print his book, and she was screaming "CENSORSHIP!" And how unfair it all was.

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So, before the terrorist attack (because I don't believe in euphemisms--call it what it was) on Wednesday, she was all on board with Hawley trying to uncertify Biden's Electoral Count. She can't claim she didn't know when he was vocal about it.

And it turns out (and this show, I think it was Sara who said it) pointed out that these terrorists were lawyers, businessmen, VETERANS; men and women who don't fall under the poor socioeconomic category. So STFU, Your Twatness. Or have enough days gone by, that she is backtracking her position and that what happened last week wasn't so bad and that no one else is responsible?

It's...I don't have the words for how she and the other three representatives got COVID. I hope she also got the infusion of the mono-whatever-Ic can't pronounce or spell that Rep. Coleman received.

And also clutching her pearls because Simon & Schuster dropped him/decided they wouldn't print his book, and she was screaming "CENSORSHIP!" And how unfair it all was.

I think she thought he could come out of this relatively unscathed. Her tribe loves to forgive their own.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Tulsi Gabbard is a lunatic, if you dig deeper into her, so that sounds like a match made in hell. 

45 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Sheesh, Whoopi, put on some decent clothes.

When does she ever? 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, sugarbaker design said:

That is, until Senator Chris Murphy from Connecticut kindly explained to Meghan, the political pundint, that Hawley did not have a constitutional right to a book deal from Simon & Schuster.  God, she's such an idiot.

Exactly! No one is preventing him from going to other publishers (if they'll take it) or self-publishing; or speaking on a corner/street/platform.

Clearly Meghan stopped reading the First Amendment where it states people can say what they want without the government punishing you for it (paraphrased), but didn't read on to see where saying whatever the hell you like has CONSEQUENCES

Maybe Mr. Khan should give Meghan his copy of The Constitution.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Maybe Mr. Khan should give Meghan his copy of The Constitution.

Absolutely my most favorite moment of the 2016 Democratic Convention was when the eloquent Mr. Khan whipped out his pocket US Constitution!

I have to add that after Sen. Murphy essentially handed Meghan her ass with a lesson on Free Speech, she then had the gall to ask  him [paraphrasing] 'How are you going to work together with the other side in the next 4 years?'.  I sincerely thought Murphy's head was going to explode.  He maintained his senatorial composure and more or less said it would be kind of hard when some of his colleagues were instigating a coup.  MM's level of ignorance is stunning.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

MM's level of ignorance is stunning.

For someone who attended an Ivy League university it truly is.

Meghan's ignorance comes from wanting things to fit her narrative.  As she so often tells us as a Republican, as a conservative her whole identity is wrapped up in her political beliefs and now instead of questioning those beliefs she is trying to make things make sense so she can confirm those same beliefs.  In other words girl needs to chill and reevaluate some things.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

and "cancel culture" because now republicans won't be able to go to restaurants

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Absolutely my most favorite moment of the 2016 Democratic Convention was when the eloquent Mr. Khan whipped out his pocket US Constitution!

I wonder if MM brought her bed-side hardbound Constitution and photo of Dolly Parton down to DC.  

4 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

For someone who attended an Ivy League university it truly is.

She was an Art History major, yet I have never heard her talk about art history.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Joy saying that the Cheneys are patriotic was such a slap in the face to all the millions of people they killed during the wars. Just because the Republicans are turning on Trump that doesn't mean you need to rehabilitate their image. 

Love Joy but agree with this. I'm so sick of anyone who goes against Trump being considered a good guy. Wrong is wrong. I like folks who are principled no matter what their politics are. Wish I could get into this more, but I'm afraid of going OT. 

4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Cool Cindy’s on tomorrow! It’s not too late to fire Meg and hire her instead, show! Just throwing it out there!

I like this idea. I appreciate that Cindy has manners, just wish she raised her daughter with them. 

• Love 9

Poverty doesn't excuse racism....I'm glad Sunny said that, because Meghan saying that was such a white privilege thing to say. 

I'm glad I read your post before watching the episode, because if I had heard Meghan say this without being prepared for it, I would have had an aneurysm.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I didn't get her argument either.   She basically said that Trump talked to poor people in ways the republican party hadn't previously.   But if that was truly the case, we would have seen a lot more black and brown Trump supporters as those are groups disproportionately living with poverty.  But instead those groups overwhelmingly voted for Biden.   So it's obviously not poverty that motivates the Trump voter.   

• Love 10
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

She was an Art History major, yet I have never heard her talk about art history.

I would think that an art history major would be used to seeing things in shades of grey, and not black and white.  Someone who could appreciate the complexities of issues like abortion & gun control, not share the entirety of their opinions in two words ( For it/against it).

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I have to add that after Sen. Murphy essentially handed Meghan her ass with a lesson on Free Speech, she then had the gall to ask  him [paraphrasing] 'How are you going to work together with the other side in the next 4 years?'.  I sincerely thought Murphy's head was going to explode.  He maintained his senatorial composure and more or less said it would be kind of hard when some of his colleagues were instigating a coup.  MM's level of ignorance is stunning.

It's not ignorance. 

Mind you, I'm not saying Meghan is an especially smart woman, because she's not, but she's not THAT dumb.  She has the emotional intelligence of an infant, but intellectually she's about average. 

I say it's not ignorance, because what it really is... is lying. 

The outgoing leader and his flock didn't invent the art of deliberately misinterpreting facts to spin an agenda. Arguably it's a trick that's been around forever, but old school 2nd Amendment politicos in the pocket of the NRA have been doing it since the 1970s. 

Where do we think Meghan came from? Deliberately misinterpreting The Constitution and other laws and legal decisions is core to her identity. It's not because she can't figure it out. It's because people like that have a core belief that law, facts, etc. are mutatable if you push hard enough. What fits their needs is what matters. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Re Whoopi's shirt--a few weeks ago Whoopi did her favourite things segment. One of her faves was a site that sells used plaid/flannel shirts. And I have noticed that she wears quite of few them. So as I soon as I saw the paint-stained holey plaid shirt, I just knew she paid a lot of money for that rag.

So when MeAgain was on her rant, she interrupted herself and said: I can hear you Joy, saying that Joy wanted her to stop talking. But we didn't hear Joy say anything. Then in response, Joy said that had something she wanted to add. So we heard Joy then. Then when Joy was finished, Whoopi started talking and Me-Again muttered something under her breath, I think about rebutting what Joy said. Then Whoopi stopped, and MeAgain got flustered and said she isn't used to this Satellite yet.

mad aidy bryant GIF by Saturday Night Live

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

I wonder if MM brought her bed-side hardbound Constitution and photo of Dolly Parton down to DC.  

An interesting choice for someone who “has lived her entire life in politics”.  You’d think she’d at least go with history or political science.,I thought for most that was a fall back major when they didn’t know what else to do?  Not dissing those who actually plan a career in museums, etc. 🙂 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Cool Cindy’s on tomorrow! It’s not too late to fire Meg and hire her instead, show! Just throwing it out there!

I don’t know about this. I don’t dislike Cindy, but I feel like they’re trying to make “fetch” happen every time she is on the show, like she’s using The View as a stepping stone for other opportunities. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, bannana said:

So when MeAgain was on her rant, she interrupted herself and said: I can hear you Joy, saying that Joy wanted her to stop talking. But we didn't hear Joy say anything. Then in response, Joy said that had something she wanted to add. So we heard Joy then. Then when Joy was finished, Whoopi started talking and Me-Again muttered something under her breath, I think about rebutting what Joy said. Then Whoopi stopped, and MeAgain got flustered and said she isn't used to this Satellite yet.

You know what was interesting about this segment, Meghan said she wasn't use to this format but she is use to this format. She spent most of her pregnancy in this new way, so I did a double take when she made it seem like this was this new thing that happened once her mat leave was over.

3 hours ago, After7Only said:

I didn't get her argument either.   She basically said that Trump talked to poor people in ways the republican party hadn't previously.   But if that was truly the case, we would have seen a lot more black and brown Trump supporters as those are groups disproportionately living with poverty.  But instead those groups overwhelmingly voted for Biden.   So it's obviously not poverty that motivates the Trump voter.   

If I were to give her the benefit of the doubt, then Meghan's point is one that has been made many times before, but she doesn't understand it or she only gets it from the surface level. Poverty can facilitate racism depending on what the ruling class does, but that still doesn't excuse it. If Meghan were to really go down this road, then she'd have to denounce the capitalism that she loves so much and her party, because they breed this sort of rhetoric to white poor people in order to get votes and not change anything. That's why she only understands this on a surface level and why when she says that poverty is an excuse for racism, it comes from a very white privileged place.

• Love 4

Oh please please STFU, Your Twatness! She completely forgot that she was the one who pointed out the terrorists who attacked the Capitol included CEOs, and now she’s going to try and pivot and say it’s about the poor white folks? Just SHUTUP. That’s some massive backtracking there, yet typical of her.

And while I totally agree with both Joy and Sunny that it’s only the White vote that counts and votes by Blacks should be dismissed, they left out including Other Minorities that have been dubbed as “Brown” and Native Americans. The latter who are NATIVE and were here first.

Did I miss it or did no one ask Rep. Jayapal what treatment she was getting for COVID?

• Love 3
10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't have the words for how she and the other three representatives got COVID. I hope she also got the infusion of the mono-whatever-Ic can't pronounce or spell that Rep. Coleman received.

Monoclonal antibodies, I believe.

12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And while I totally agree with both Joy and Sunny that it’s only the White vote that counts and votes by Blacks should be dismissed, they left out including Other Minorities that have been dubbed as “Brown” and Native Americans. The latter who are NATIVE and were here first

Yeah you’re not wrong, but I think the focus is on black people because all of the places where Trump wanted votes to get thrown out are predominantly black, and it was the black community who overwhelmingly handed Joe his wins both in the primaries and the GE. Again you’re not wrong though. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Yeah you’re not wrong, but I think the focus is on black people because all of the places where Trump wanted votes to get thrown out are predominantly black, and it was the black community who overwhelmingly handed Joe his wins both in the primaries and the GE. Again you’re not wrong though. 

I totally get that. I do. And they were right. If my comment came off as trying to dismiss that, apologies. Because that wasn't my intent at all.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I totally get that. I do. And they were right. If my comment came off as trying to dismiss that, apologies. Because that wasn't my intent at all.

No worries, I know that wasn’t your intent! 🤗

I just think that’s why their comments were about black people in particular. 

• Love 2