Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of January 11, 2021

TheView
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, Kromm said:

Haha. Joy, talking about school shootings and how politicians always say its too soon, put off talk, and another shooting happens. In front of MeAgain, who's dad took more NRA money than anyone else ever. Then comparing that to putting off impeachment. 

I'm tempted to say "shots fired". Joy don't give a F if she triggers MeAgain anymore. 

I'm here for it. 

7 hours ago, Axie said:

Meghan interrupts Whoopie and then says, “Sorry Whoopie,” then continues to talk.  Shut up, Meghan!  And, btw, I’m in DC, too.  A whole lot of people are.  You’re not our spokesperson.

I think she brings things up to make her sound more special or in the know. There are lots of Republicans, lots of Christians, lots of moms, lots of military families, etc. Other than having a famous father and lots of $, there's nothing unique about Meghan, but she always says things like "I'm one of two conservatives on TV. I'm the only Republican some of you guys see."

She generally alternates between humble brags and woe is me. Awhile ago they discussed body types and what it's like to have a curvier body. Sunny is svelte but is still curvy. When she talked about how she dealt with her bust size, Meghan was like "Whatever Sunny! My conservative boobies are so big my bras must be custom made! You have no idea what it's like being a busty Republican woman!" 

7 hours ago, Kromm said:

The SECOND gun reference by Joy of the morning. I have zero doubt she's doing it to irk MeAgain. 

Hehehe. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

Oh, hey, I forgot to comment on Sara's truly fugly outfit today. When we just saw the head and shoulders it looked like her great-grandma's hand-me-down that didn't fit and was made out of that weird fabric called crimplene!

image.png.2f1732cb0ad4afda03358352c774d670.png

Then during VYD we got the full effect and now it looked like those blankets people get for xmas.

image.png.d3f14ab7520213f0bf27473c633b2783.png

• LOL 1
23 minutes ago, bannana said:

Oh, hey, I forgot to comment on Sara's truly fugly outfit today. When we just saw the head and shoulders it looked like her great-grandma's hand-me-down that didn't fit and was made out of that weird fabric called crimplene!

image.png.2f1732cb0ad4afda03358352c774d670.png

Then during VYD we got the full effect and now it looked like those blankets people get for xmas.

image.png.d3f14ab7520213f0bf27473c633b2783.png

I actually like the shade of green Sara wore - it suits her. The outfit itself? 😳😱

• Love 2
6 hours ago, After7Only said:

Every time MM says something that actually makes sense she follows it up with an apples/oranges argument to confuse the point.    During the social media discussion she tried to equate Trump to Russian bots and saying social media should treat them similarly.   I wasn't really clear whether they should censure them both or not at all   But she then lost me when she started talking about people like the Ayatollah Khomeni having a Twitter account and suggesting that he shouldn't because of threats he's made against the US.   However,  it wasn't clear whether any of those threats were made on Twitter (my guess is they were not).   Twitter banned Trump for specific things he said on their platform, not for being a "bad" person.   The comparison was nothing alike and just an argument meant to deflect from the real issue.   

The thing about the Ayatollah having a Twitter account and trump not having one, is right from don trump junior.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

The thing about the Ayatollah having a Twitter account and trump not having one, is right from don trump junior.

Re: MM s tirade on this.  The difference, I assume (I don’t follow Putin or the ayatollah on Twitter), is that they aren’t suspending trump,for being a terrible person who’s done bad things (though he is and he has).  They are suspending him own a he has put on Twitter...I.e. incitement to riot and sedition.  I would assume if the ayatollah out killing people on Twitter he would also be suspended.  Instead he and others are big boys and they can actually talk to the press about what they think, etc.  .  What the ladies haven’t pointed out that I’ve heard is he still has free speech and could go into the WH press room or the lawn and talk to reporters all he wants.  He just can’t do it on Twitter.  He’s not silenced.  Not our fault that trump can only function in Twitter.

• Love 10

Meghan has been back a week and it has completely changed the tone of the show.  It is not enjoyable to watch. 

I have watched this show for over 20 years (minus the Joy missing years)  and I don't look forward to it anymore.  I watch on Hulu when I get home from work and last night I'm watching it and thinking I don't even want to post about this.  

If they get back in the studio and get rid of Meghan that might help.  And hopefully after January 20th there will be happier topics to discuss.

• Love 14

Yay for Whoopi's statement just now!  I agreed with every word!  Meanwhile, MeAgain is ranting & raving, I am just rolling my eyes...I did like the fact that she mentioned Jared & Ivanka...they dont get to be free of association with all of this sedition. 

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Axie said:

Meghan looks like crap today.  Also, STFU Meghan.

She is so damn annoying! " I didn't ring the fire alarm before because blahblah" yeah we know Meghan you were too busy asking us to respect Trump's lunatic base and making excuses for Trump and telling everyone they they had Trump .derangement 

• Love 24
21 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Why can’t she just say she’s upset about all of this as an American? Being a Conservative is irrelevant here.

This.  So what exactly is her feelings about this? Disappointment? Horror?  Oh shit I might suffer for being associated with these people?

Meghan is late to the party. Millions of people saw this coming and if she is saying she isn't then she is lying or is one piss poor political expert.

• Love 22

It’s no shock, but Whoopi fumbling the intro and outro of today’s show is just so unprofessional during such serious times. 

Compare that to how invested she was during the Kobra Kai interview and it’s like a different person.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

This.  So what exactly is her feelings about this? Disappointment? Horror?  Oh shit I might suffer for being associated with these people?

Meghan is late to the party. Millions of people saw this coming and if she is saying she isn't then she is lying or is one piss poor political expert.

She's really truly upset that her party is in tatters.  I believe this is her real problem.  Is she scared probably who isnt? But the fact the Republicans party is a hot mess is why shes all shaky voiced, i see you Meghan 👀

• Love 16
42 minutes ago, geekburger said:

It’s no shock, but Whoopi fumbling the intro and outro of today’s show is just so unprofessional during such serious times. 

Compare that to how invested she was during the Kobra Kai interview and it’s like a different person.

Yes- the outro 😂

• Love 6

Megan is coming apart and it was uncomfortable and infuriating to watch given how much she has defended her team no matter what. She was clearly reacting to Ana's awesome takedown regarding people like her.  Where has she been for the past 4 years, what happened last week was bound to happen.  It is sad that her identity is wrapped up in a political party.  She needs to get a grip and find another career because being a political pundint is not good for her..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 18
34 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

She's really truly upset that her party is in tatters.  I believe this is her real problem.  Is she scared probably who isnt? But the fact the Republicans party is a hot mess is why shes all shaky voiced, i see you Meghan 👀

Well, Meghan is not an octogenarian so there is hope for the Republican party. Having been in politics her entire life, I guess she is now the poster conservative republican to lead the way.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

Seriously Sara, Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, Mo Brooks etc don't need delayed punishment. It needs to swift and certain.

If one of your kids does something bad do you say "we're going to wait and you'll be punished later"? 

I wonder more and more about her.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Seriously Sara, Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, Mo Brooks etc don't need delayed punishment. It needs to swift and certain.

If one of your kids does something bad do you say "we're going to wait and you'll be punished later"? 

Seriously. Cruz still have like 4 more years. People are brushing it aside now, years from now people will be saying that was a long time ago.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

This many years in with this cast, and it surprises me that most believe it's a cast of super-Leftists vs. Meghan.  It's not. Joy is the only Progressive there. Each of the other core three (Whoopi, Sara and Sunny) have some fairly Conservative, or at least very Centrist, Pro-establishment beliefs which pop up a lot. 

It makes it even more ridiculous that Meghan always sells herself as this isolated, picked on, sole defender on the show of family values, religion, fiscal conservatism, military/law enforcement ties, etc. Because you know... Sunny, a former Prosecutor very bought in to that culture. Sara a devout Christian, from a Conservative family, who at best is a Centrist in her beliefs. Whoopi, who balances stuff like supporting GLAAD with being an NRA member. 

So sure. I can believe Sara saying something like that. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

So Meghan didn't sound the alarm because she was waiting for something like this to happen?Okay, Yes. That makes perfect sense. (No, it doesn't). It is like watching your house burn and then calling the fire department to save your lawn mower shed. Fuck off, Meg. And those giant glasses make you look even more ridiculous than you usually do.

That's exactly how her tribe rolls though. Remember, no matter how scary the future could be, they don't ever want to create a panic. 😉

I love when Joy talks sex, hahaha. Make the younger ladies blush Joy, make em blush!

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, atomic said:

MM: "I love sex and I love men!"
Also MM: *clutches her pearls hearing "g-spot" on the show*

I remember her saying she was "strictly dickly" during an interview years ago.  Now she clutches her pearls whenever she gets the opportunity.  Phony bitch.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Is she still signing off by telling everyone to hug their friends?  The one bad thing about never being able to make it to the end of the show because, reasons (reasons being the loud-mouthed, blonde quarterback) is that I miss the closing incoherent nonsense that falls out of Whoopi's mouth.

Edited by Cementhead
typo
  • LOL 9
7 hours ago, OnTime said:

Honestly, Sara, if one of your coworkers was inciting a bunch of thugs to trash your workplace and threaten you and your other coworkers with kidnapping or death would you be willing to wait for legal action?

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Honestly, Sara, if one of your coworkers inciting a bunch of thugs to trash your workplace and threaten you and your other coworkers with kidnapping or death would you be willing to wait for legal action?

Yes, and isn't the point that the US gov't has to act swiftly and seriously, to send a strong message that domestic terrorism won't be tolerated? It's as if she doesn't get how serious this is. She needs to watch some of the videos that show just what happened. I still find it amazing how close they came to actually holding hostages or killing elected officials or staff. These people were organized and had weaponry. And they believe they had the direction from the top, and the permission.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Axie said:

I loved when Whoopie, I think it was Whoopie, read the list of how many men the characters in The Golden Girls had been with.

I liked that part, but Whoopi said Blanche DuBois instead of Blanche Deveraux. I guess she had A Streetcar Named Desire in her mind.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, mispickel said:

I liked that part, but Whoopi said Blanche DuBois instead of Blanche Deveraux. I guess she had A Streetcar Named Desire in her mind.

I was disappointed Whoopi didn’t identify the other Golden Girls characters as Sophia Loren, Rose Marie and Dorothy Lamour.

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

/small voice.....I love MM's glasses.  

I thought they were jarring at first. Then they grew on me and by the end I thought they were pretty cool.

(Sometimes I wish I could read Joy's mind when she first sees MM's outfits, hair, or accessories. I bet it's hilarious and a constant eye roll.)

1 hour ago, mispickel said:

No wonder it sounded wrong, but right at the same time. 👉👈

• Love 3