Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E01: No Justice, No Peace

Message added by TexasGal

Lots of BLM issues addressed this week - let’s make this work friends!  Discussion of what is included in the show is on topic, but as always remember to be civil to each other.  Discussion of any political figures who are not specifically referenced are not on topic, and are against our politics policy.

• Start Topic

Porsha’s involvement in the Black Lives Matter movement leads her to Louisville, Kentucky, where she risks everything to demand justice for Breonna Taylor. In the wake of the pandemic, Cynthia and Mike are on different pages when it comes to planning their dream wedding. Kandi prepares to send Riley off to college while anticipating fallout for seeking back child support from Riley’s estranged dad. After almost a year apart, Kenya comes to a crossroads about whether her marriage is worth saving.

Airdate 12.06.2020

Please keep all comments to this episode only; any current events are spoilers.

Porsha has a good heart and is putting it to good use. Pilar still looks like Dennis.

Really enjoyed Porsha on WWHL and the Bravo Chat Room - she’s insightful and funny.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 12
31 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Porsha Luther King.

D.E.A.D.

Sounds like most of them have been eating their way through the 'Rona.  At least Porsha got out and walked around some!  Are she & Dennis finished?

Marlo!  Should have a peach.  Or at the very least, I hope she is the best paid "friend of" on any Bravo show.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, announcergirl said:

Porsha actually sounds articulate and knowledgeable on these activism issues. Wow, what a change. 

Porsha has grown exponentially.  She was talking about her arrest on The Chat Room and she broke my heart a little.

Edited by Axie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

I thought Cynthia was being idiotic about her big wedding.  It's your third marriage for God's sake, Cynthia.

I'm sure Kenya will work on losing the weight she's gained but first she needs to shave off her mustache.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Oh, gosh! Has Cynthia always had such big boobs? She is trying too hard in that darn dress with them flopping out (literally!!) every time she moves, ha. 

Those are implants. I guess Cynthia's pretense of accidentally falling out her tops every season is finally leading up to her hanging spread eagle in her dominatrix gear. Along with all the greased up melons from the cast members it's just a sad state of affairs. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

When will the new housewife appear?
Cynthia sounded selfish regarding needing her 250 guests during a pandemic. 
I don’t know how Kenya thought that Marc was the one. He was awful on camera, hopefully she can get out of this without having to pay him for being a douche husband.

I might be the only one but I miss Nene Leakes! I know last season was rough for her and I know she brought a lot of it on herself but I think without her, the show has a real void.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Axie said:

I thought Cynthia was being idiotic about her big wedding.  It's your third marriage for God's sake, Cynthia.

I'm sure Kenya will work on losing the weight she's gained but first she needs to shave off her mustache.

When Mike talked about wanting the marriage or the wedding, I thought Cynthia for sure is more interested in the wedding. She said it herself - marrying him is about her “happily ever after.” A storybook needs an audience.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Cynthia wants a wedding mulligan. Mike was giving her straight facts, though. We are in the middle of a global pandemic, Cynthia! And shit, this was during the early days of lock down, so for her to be all "250 people or bust" about the wedding was wild. Ideally, they would've gone to the courthouse and then have the ceremony once the world reopened, but we all know the outcome.

Cynthia seemed so shallow and selfish.  "I WANNA BIIIIIGGGG WEDDING."  She wants to show her family and friends, "Look, I have a MANNNNNN."  Go to the courthouse and have a big party when the pandemic is over, selfish one.

9 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Also, did any one else catch when Kenya said that Marc would see her and Brooklyn at the hotel when she visited him in NYC? What! Your wife and child aren't staying with you when they come to town? Aye. Kenya was never my favorite, but human being to human being, sis, this is not it. No one is worth all of this heartache. Work out a child support/custody arrangement and get out when you're ready. If you're seeing your second divorce attorney after only 3 years of marriage, there's nothing salvageable about the relationship. 

To me, this is karma coming for Kenya.  During the episode, she looked BAD, her face was a mess.  She's been a nasty witch for years and she wants me to feel sorry for her?  Nope.  She wanted a MANNNN and that's what she got.  That said, Kenya unload Marc.  

The episode was boring, bland; like eating food with no seasoning.  I hate to say it but I missed nasty, rude Nene.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 11

I am so proud of Porsha. I saw some old seasons last week, and wow, she has changed and matured so much! She also acknowledged her previous ignorance. I do wish she's stop calling her daughter PJ as she is not Porsha Jr. and Pilar is such a beautiful name.

Having a hard time feeling sorry for Kenya because she is so mean; saw a lot of that during the marathons, too. Maybe, as others have said, it is karma. No one deserves that kind of treatment, but I can't feel sorry for her.

Marlo definitely deserves a peach and I was so glad to see her. She brings the funny. I do miss NeNe, though, because as obnoxious as she can be, she has a killer sense of humor.

Cynthia is a silly cow and she needs to stop with the boobs spilling out. Agree that she and Mike need to keep their sex talk to themselves. No one cares.

• Love 16

Glad to have the ladies back!

I am not here for the Block storyline, but I'm with Kandi. I'd make that motherfucker pay too! I guess he feels since Kandi is rich, that absolves him of any responsibility. And the nerve to say Kandi is acting like a broke bitch? All he did was ensure that Kandi's not gonna drop the case and will get her entire legal team on it. He's a fucking loser and I'm glad that Riley is all, "I stop letting that man disappoint me after I was 12." (Wish she had that level of confidence about her nose because the new one is not great, but she's 18 and can make her own decisions.)

13 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Also, did any one else catch when Kenya said that Marc would see her and Brooklyn at the hotel when she visited him in NYC? What! Your wife and child aren't staying with you when they come to town? Aye. Kenya was never my favorite, but human being to human being, sis, this is not it. No one is worth all of this heartache. Work out a child support/custody arrangement and get out when you're ready. If you're seeing your second divorce attorney after only 3 years of marriage, there's nothing salvageable about the relationship. 

All of this.  I feel bad for Kenya because she got it in her head that she needed to be married to start and family and the signal she was receiving from lots of people was that if she didn't find a husband ASAP, then there must be something wrong with her. That messaging is constant when you hit your mid-30s and you're single and child-free.  So she rushed into this marriage with Mark. The worst part is that Mark is still EXACTLY who he was when Kenya met him. He was a dick then and is a dick now. Her problem is that she expected him to change, especially as she made changes in her personality for him and it was clear that she was willing to compromise on lots of things; he wasn't willing to do the same for her. Stop feeling bad and divorce his ass Kenya!

I know Cynthia's first wedding was shit, but why does she need the whole full shebang again, especially given the current situation? Basically, what she's saying non-verbally is that if they don't have a big wedding for the show she and Mike will have to come out of their own pockets to pay for it.  

• Love 8

I purposely avoided watching the George Floyd video for months so big thank you to Bravo for showing it with no warning. That was awesome! /s 

I'm black, I know all about that kind of trauma so I didn't need to see it. That said, I like that we're seeing some of the protests on the show. It would have been super fake if we didn't since it was such a major event.

If Kandi's story is deadbeat Block, I'm already bored and over it.

Cynthia is annoying af. For all the (mostly true) talk of Porsha being dingy, I think Cynthia is also on that train. She's a dingbat who can't keep her boobs from spilling out on tv. And I'm sorry, Mike is creepy and gross to me. He's cheated on every woman he's ever been with and he looks like a naked mole rat.

Kenya...whatever. The man has shown repeatedly that he doesn't want her just like every other man she's brought on this show. I don't care anymore although I will say good for her for building a pool at her house that she bought before he was in the picture. Imagine having the balls to declare you don't like pools so your family isn't allowed to have one.

I'm ready for Drew.

• Love 13

My wish for Kenya is that she feels all the things she wanted Tanya to feel when she brought the cookie lady to lunch.

I've never been a fan of Marlo's so peach or not...I don't care.

Glad to see the ladies are experiencing COVID the same way the rest of us are. I look forward to when they get to retail therapy.

• Love 13
45 minutes ago, Adgirl said:

My wish for Kenya is that she feels all the things she wanted Tanya to feel when she brought the cookie lady to lunch.

Amen to that.  Kenya loves making other people feel bad about themselves, well time does bring about a change, huh Ken?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, ridethemaverick said:

I purposely avoided watching the George Floyd video for months so big thank you to Bravo for showing it with no warning. That was awesome! /s 

Same here. Bravo needs to do better.

I hope Kenya the Clear Communicator doesn't take out her frustrations with Marc on the ladies. It's not fun to see her so broken, but I also don't want her to get her groove back by bullying the others, which seems to be the way she operates.

I don't really miss Nene; toward the end, she didn't really do much except sulk. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Enough with the boobs spilling out of everyone's clothing! Cynthia was an embarrasment with her full on nipple slips.

Thing is they all have big ole' saggy boobs. And now that Kandi and Marlo have announced that they have pancake size nipples thankyouverymuch I have had enough. 

Kenya, grow some self respect. She seems like a depressing shell of the woman she used to be. Get rid of Marc for good and continue to be a loving mom. Have fun with your new pool. Make sure Marc doesn't get any of your money. She paid cash for that house? Wow, good on you, Kenya.  

Looks like Riley gained all of the weight back she worked so hard to lose. It also looks like she's still a spoiled brat. 

Did not miss Nene one bit. 

• Love 10

Well, I missed Nene.   Not the Nene of last season but the old Nene.   I'm out of the loop - did she actually quit or fired by Bravo?   Hard to believe that Nene would be gone and that Box of Hair Kim Z has her own show.  

Still, it was good to see everyone else.   Especially Porsha - OMG that woman has really grown!   I'm so proud of her. 

I can't get any sympathy up for Ken but I do know the feeling of gaining 20-30 lbs and not being able to get into your clothes and it's not fun.   Marc is the same asshole she married 20 minutes after meeting him and if this whole experience makes Kenya a little kinder and a little humble  then it was worth it.   But I doubt that will happen.  

• Love 11

Kenya needs to take back her power and gain self-respect. It is terrible that she has sunk so low to ask her husband and Brooklyn's father if he wants them to go to New York just to stay in a hotel. Groveling is not a good look and does not make someone attractive. I am concerned that Brooklyn will mirror Kenya's stance when it comes to male relationships. Kenya has not been in a good relationship with a man since she has been on the show. It is really sad. I hope that she gets some therapy and finds someone who will appreciate her. 

I know. Karma and all that, but there is a child involved who apparently will be raised by a single-mom.

No middle-age woman with a career should marry without a pre-nup. 

Doesn't Cynthia have anyone in her life who will have the conversation with her about her boobs? For a model, she makes a lot of fashion blunders. 

• Love 9

Kenya has always shown herself to have poor judgement concerning men. There was first season Walter who didn’t like her, there was the hot headed guy that got destructive and then Marc. She’s always been so hard on everyone else’s relationships. The way she went after Tanya last season was mean and unnecessary. The other women need to leave her alone and stop coddling her. They should have given her peach to Marlo. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What happened to Riley, when did she turn 35?

She put on all the weight she lost last year and then some. If I were Kandi, I'd be concerned that some of that might be associated with depression. For all of her slow and deliberate thought, she seems to have a good head on her shoulders, and I hope she has a wonderful college experience. 

Also, I'm giving Todd a round of applause for backing Riley when it comes to dealing with her dad. He needs to do the heavy lifting in that relationship, not her.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Showthyme said:

I know. Karma and all that, but there is a child involved who apparently will be raised by a single-mom.

I feel sorry for Brooklyn because I sense that, when she grows up, Kenya will see her as competition.  I see Kenya trying to sleep with Brooklyn's boyfriends. 

I think Kenya is nothing but a bully who never had any self esteem.  A woman with self esteem would have never done what she did last year to Tanya (re:  Cookie Lady).  Now she knows how it feels, and I don't feel sorry for her, not one bit. 

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I feel sorry for Brooklyn because I sense that, when she grows up, Kenya will see her as competition.  I see Kenya trying to sleep with Brooklyn's boyfriends. 

I think Kenya is nothing but a bully who never had any self esteem.  A woman with self esteem would have never done what she did last year to Tanya (re:  Cookie Lady).  Now she knows how it feels, and I don't feel sorry for her, not one bit. 

Kenya is just over a month from turning 50. I can see her competing with Brooklyn, sure but I doubt any future young man of Brooklyn’s would sleep with her. Then again, Kenya will probably flirt.

I thought her going for Tanyas relationship was very uncalled for. Tanya didn’t do anything to her. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Kenya is just over a month from turning 50. I can see her competing with Brooklyn, sure but I doubt any future young man of Brooklyn’s would sleep with her. Then again, Kenya will probably flirt.

I thought her going for Tanyas relationship was very uncalled for. Tanya didn’t do anything to her. 

What bugged me was when Kenya made some comment like,  "Marc just wanted to see Brooklyn, not MEEEE."  And I thought, "don't you want YOUR daughter to have a relationship with HER father?"  It came across very selfish.  Okay, their relationship may be DOA, but that doesn't mean Marc shouldn't be a father to Brooklyn.  It seemed like Kenya saw Brooklyn as competition for Marc's affection.

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

What bugged me was when Kenya made some comment like,  "Marc just wanted to see Brooklyn, not MEEEE."  And I thought, "don't you want YOUR daughter to have a relationship with HER father?"  It came across very selfish.  Okay, their relationship may be DOA, but that doesn't mean Marc shouldn't be a father to Brooklyn.  It seemed like Kenya saw Brooklyn as competition for Marc's affection.

I don't blame her for feeling some kind of way about that. If your husband can't muster up energy to be excited to see both you and your child, then needless to say, that's a big-ass problem. I always wanted to know how Marc's relationship is with his other children. I doubt they've met Kenya or their little sister. Has Kenya even met her in-laws yet?

Marc being cold to Kenya, but being all about Brooklyn isn't new, though. Wasn't one of her complaints last season that Marc wasn't sleeping with her? He'd put Brooklyn between them in bed and when she wanted to go away for their anniversary, he didn't want to go without Brooklyn.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

I don't blame her for feeling some kind of way about that. If your husband can't muster up energy to be excited to see both you and your child, then needless to say, that's a big-ass problem. I always wanted to know how Marc's relationship is with his other children. I doubt they've met Kenya or their little sister. Has Kenya even met her in-laws yet?

Sorry, but I disagree.  Kenya's always been selfish, always ME ME ME.  I think it pains her that Marc's all about Brooklyn. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

It's not fun to see her so broken

The only thing that could make it better for me is if Kim Fields showed up and pulled Kenya's chair out from under her.  #teampetty 

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
On 12/6/2020 at 9:13 PM, Axie said:

Cynthia’s first marriage was to Peter. She notoriously was never married before then. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I noticed that last season when Marc was with the baby. I didn’t care for how Marc spoke to the baby regarding Kenya though he had a joking tone. It was like it was him and Brooklyn against Kenya. That’s the last thing Kenya needs is Marc stirring a nonexistent pot.

• Love 10
On 12/6/2020 at 9:13 PM, Axie said:

As a woman who sees a waxer every 10 days and was unable to see one for 4 MONTHS!

Masks?  Were my friends.  And not just to help prevent the Rona..... .

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I always wanted to know how Marc's relationship is with his other children. I doubt they've met Kenya or their little sister. Has Kenya even met her in-laws yet?

Someone actually asked Kenya that question on WWHL.  She paused for a minute and then declined to answer.   I took her refusal to answer to mean she probably has no idea.   But it could be she doesn't want to say anything that could hurt a court case.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Neurochick said:

It seemed like Kenya saw Brooklyn as competition for Marc's affection.

How sad is it that this woman wanted a child so badly and went through hell to get pregnant, never gave up, even at the age of 47 still kept trying and still isn't happy now that she has a healthy, beautiful child. Forget about the man, Kenya. You're no good at men. Concentrate on your child. 

• Love 18

I think Kenya absolutely will see Brooklyn as competition and we even saw a little of that last season with Marc. Now, he's no prize, either, and I suspect he lavishes attention on the baby to get at Kenya. But yeah, Kenya and Brooklyn's relationship will, I suspect, end up being very contentious. 

• Love 7
On 12/7/2020 at 4:52 PM, Rlb8031 said:

Also, I'm giving Todd a round of applause for backing Riley when it comes to dealing with her dad. He needs to do the heavy lifting in that relationship, not her.

This!  Candy lost me with pushing Riley to give him more chances.  I was surprised to hear that coming from Todd given his father-daughter issues previously.

Also, if Riley had her nose done, I hope it was out of necessity because she didn’t need it aesthetically.  

• Love 2

It seems every season Cynthia's boobs rebel, but they didn't waste any time this season! They were ready to get out of quarantine like the rest of us! And I hate Riley's nose. It does not suit her at all. And I know I shouldn't feel sorry for Kenya, but I can't help it. I guess what suckers me in is the fact that I'm going through a divorce as well, which is hard in and of itself, but during a pandemic, you feel completely isolated. It's horrible! I know people are talking about how quickly she and Marc moved and she deserved it and blah, blah, blah, but I disagree. My ex and I moved in together after 3 months of dating and were married after 6 months of dating. We were married for 11 years before calling it quits. I was blindsided by the whole thing. Unlike Kenya, I actually lost weight, not gained it. And I don't feel like she's necessarily competing against Brooklyn for Marc's affection, but I do understand how she'd feel left out. I've felt that way multiple times by my husband and 2 children. It's not wrong either. Yes, you should want your child/children to have a relationship with their mother/father, but you're also supposed to love your spouse more than anyone in the world! 

Porsha is my favorite. Kandi would be my second. And I agree with those that say Marlo deserves a peach. That lady cracks me up! 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Jennabelle88 said:

It seems every season Cynthia's boobs rebel, but they didn't waste any time this season! They were ready to get out of quarantine like the rest of us! And I hate Riley's nose. It does not suit her at all. And I know I shouldn't feel sorry for Kenya, but I can't help it. I guess what suckers me in is the fact that I'm going through a divorce as well, which is hard in and of itself, but during a pandemic, you feel completely isolated. It's horrible! I know people are talking about how quickly she and Marc moved and she deserved it and blah, blah, blah, but I disagree. My ex and I moved in together after 3 months of dating and were married after 6 months of dating. We were married for 11 years before calling it quits. I was blindsided by the whole thing. Unlike Kenya, I actually lost weight, not gained it. And I don't feel like she's necessarily competing against Brooklyn for Marc's affection, but I do understand how she'd feel left out. I've felt that way multiple times by my husband and 2 children. It's not wrong either. Yes, you should want your child/children to have a relationship with their mother/father, but you're also supposed to love your spouse more than anyone in the world! 

Porsha is my favorite. Kandi would be my second. And I agree with those that say Marlo deserves a peach. That lady cracks me up! 

You can and will get thru your divorce and will emerge a different person and that is a very good thing, you will be stronger and smarter, you will show your kids how to handle the shitty things in life with grace.  It will be okay.  

• Love 10
On 12/7/2020 at 11:01 AM, luckyroll3 said:

Glad to have the ladies back!

I am not here for the Block storyline, but I'm with Kandi. I'd make that motherfucker pay too! I guess he feels since Kandi is rich, that absolves him of any responsibility. And the nerve to say Kandi is acting like a broke bitch? All he did was ensure that Kandi's not gonna drop the case and will get her entire legal team on it. He's a fucking loser and I'm glad that Riley is all, "I stop letting that man disappoint me after I was 12." (Wish she had that level of confidence about her nose because the new one is not great, but she's 18 and can make her own decisions.)

All of this.  I feel bad for Kenya because she got it in her head that she needed to be married to start and family and the signal she was receiving from lots of people was that if she didn't find a husband ASAP, then there must be something wrong with her. That messaging is constant when you hit your mid-30s and you're single and child-free.  So she rushed into this marriage with Mark. The worst part is that Mark is still EXACTLY who he was when Kenya met him. He was a dick then and is a dick now. Her problem is that she expected him to change, especially as she made changes in her personality for him and it was clear that she was willing to compromise on lots of things; he wasn't willing to do the same for her. Stop feeling bad and divorce his ass Kenya!

I know Cynthia's first wedding was shit, but why does she need the whole full shebang again, especially given the current situation? Basically, what she's saying non-verbally is that if they don't have a big wedding for the show she and Mike will have to come out of their own pockets to pay for it.  

I don’t see where it was bad. She didn’t know about the license thing until after. Did I forget something?

On 12/7/2020 at 8:21 PM, Neurochick said:

Sorry, but I disagree.  Kenya's always been selfish, always ME ME ME.  I think it pains her that Marc's all about Brooklyn. 

I would feel bad, too, if my husband didn’t want to see me. Has nothing to do with Brooklyn. Kenya is still hoping. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, announcergirl said:

I don’t see where it was bad. She didn’t know about the license thing until after. Did I forget something?

It was bad in the sense that the people who should have had her back, particularly her sister and her mom - both of whom she's very close to, didn't. They didn't support Peter or the wedding, leading up to and on the day of. They may not have said anything specific to Cynthia on the day of the wedding, but you could tell that she felt it and at times was second guessing it.

• Love 2