Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E01: No Justice, No Peace

Message added by TexasGal

Lots of BLM issues addressed this week - let’s make this work friends!  Discussion of what is included in the show is on topic, but as always remember to be civil to each other.  Discussion of any political figures who are not specifically referenced are not on topic, and are against our politics policy.

• Start Topic

On 12/7/2020 at 6:58 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t know how Kenya thought that Marc was the one. He was awful on camera, hopefully she can get out of this without having to pay him for being a douche husband.

She didn't think he was the one.  When you are that age and have baby fever, you really don't care who your sperm donor is.  You know they will be gone soon.  (See:  Frankel, Bethenny)   For heaven's sake, WHY MARRY?   Step One: marry, step two: baby, step three:  boo-hoo he's awful I want a dddiiivvvooorrrrccceeeee.... 

It was bad in the sense that the people who should have had her back, particularly her sister and her mom - both of whom she's very close to, didn't. They didn't support Peter or the wedding, leading up to and on the day of. They may not have said anything specific to Cynthia on the day of the wedding, but you could tell that she felt it and at times was second guessing it.

This is why arranged marriages have a better rate of success.  You've got the families supporting you. Cynthia just got married for the show.  She loves being on the show and those weddings give her the limelight and a storyline.

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 5
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 9:53 AM, ButterQueen said:

I wish these women would put their huge boobs away!!  

The Brown Melon Smugglers of Atlanta

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • LOL 9

I feel immense sympathy for Kenya, and I will never enjoy watching a woman being abused by a man who promised to love her, no matter how vile that woman has been or may continue to be. I absolutely cannot stand Kenya, and I think she has often be an awful person.  But calling Marc's abusive behavior karma is excusing abuse.  Marc isn't just an asshole.  He's an asshole who has shown, on camera, to be condescending, manipulative, a gas lighter, he demeans Kenya, he enjoys humiliating her and I will never enjoy watching it.  He is an abuser.  He promise you, karma didn't send Marc as a one time only deal to Kenya to pay her back for all the times she's been a mean spirited asshole.  His abuse isn't just for her.  I promise you, there are women before Kenya, and there will be women after Kenya who experience the same abuse from him, and they haven't and won't have deserved it either. 

There is no excuse for Marc's behavior.  None.  

I think we could all agree that if Marc were physically abusing Kenya, none of us would call that karma.  I'm just asking you to pull that line in a littler further and include emotional spousal abuse as well.  No woman deserves abuse from her spouse.

I hope that she gets out of this relationship and is a good mother to Brooklyn.  How could I not want that for the child?  I very much hope Kenya is able to break the cycle her mother handed to her (and probably had a version handed to her as well), so that Brooklyn can grow up and be a happier and healthier person that Kenya herself is.  I hope Kenya can get help to heal and be healthier so she can stop being a small, vindictive person.

Man, PORSHA!!  I think she is the extremely rare housewife who has grown into who she truly is and grown so much as a person while on the show.  I have a great, great respect who she has become.  It's incredibly admirable, and I also think she's funny and fun.  Brava.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, lasu said:

Marc isn't just an asshole.  He's an asshole who has shown, on camera, to be condescending, manipulative, a gas lighter, he demeans Kenya, he enjoys humiliating her and I will never enjoy watching it.  He is an abuser. 

Sounds a lot like his spouse's behavior towards her castmates. There is no excuse for either of them. They are both creeps.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

Sounds a lot like his spouse's behavior towards her castmates. There is no excuse for either of them. They are both creeps.

I don't think there's any excuse for her behavior towards her castmates, but I do think there is a difference between abuse from a castmate and abuse from your spouse.  Neither is ok and neither should be tolerated or excused, but I do think when it's your spouse, there's a layer of betrayal you don't get from a coworker.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, lasu said:

I don't think there's any excuse for her behavior towards her castmates, but I do think there is a difference between abuse from a castmate and abuse from your spouse.  Neither is ok and neither should be tolerated or excused, but I do think when it's your spouse, there's a layer of betrayal you don't get from a coworker.

True. It's just so hard to find anything truthful surrounding Kenya. When she talks of her marriage, she adopts this little girl affect and describes scenarios and reactions that are unrecognizable as the person on the show. This duplicity alarms me and I just don't trust Kenya's narrative about anything. Bad story writing like in her book. We've seen many prominent Black women get snookered by their husbands. Still, something is not right in Kenya's story. Either that or she's schizophrenic and needs therapy before embarking on any personal relationship.  

For example Porsha was a submissive wife with an alpha male, Now she's Queen Thot. However her essence is the same.  Always recognizable. 

• Love 5
On 12/7/2020 at 7:05 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Kenya has always shown herself to have poor judgement concerning men. There was first season Walter who didn’t like her, there was the hot headed guy that got destructive and then Marc. She’s always been so hard on everyone else’s relationships. The way she went after Tanya last season was mean and unnecessary. The other women need to leave her alone and stop coddling her. They should have given her peach to Marlo. 

Don't forget the fake African Prince.

20 hours ago, lasu said:

I feel immense sympathy for Kenya, and I will never enjoy watching a woman being abused by a man who promised to love her, no matter how vile that woman has been or may continue to be. I absolutely cannot stand Kenya, and I think she has often be an awful person.  But calling Marc's abusive behavior karma is excusing abuse.  Marc isn't just an asshole.  He's an asshole who has shown, on camera, to be condescending, manipulative, a gas lighter, he demeans Kenya, he enjoys humiliating her and I will never enjoy watching it.  He is an abuser.  He promise you, karma didn't send Marc as a one time only deal to Kenya to pay her back for all the times she's been a mean spirited asshole.  His abuse isn't just for her.  I promise you, there are women before Kenya, and there will be women after Kenya who experience the same abuse from him, and they haven't and won't have deserved it either. 

I think we could all agree that if Marc were physically abusing Kenya, none of us would call that karma.  I'm just asking you to pull that line in a littler further and include emotional spousal abuse as well.  No woman deserves abuse from her spouse.

I hope that she gets out of this relationship and is a good mother to Brooklyn.  How could I not want that for the child?  I very much hope Kenya is able to break the cycle her mother handed to her (and probably had a version handed to her as well), so that Brooklyn can grow up and be a happier and healthier person that Kenya herself is.  I hope Kenya can get help to heal and be healthier so she can stop being a small, vindictive person.

Man, PORSHA!!  I think she is the extremely rare housewife who has grown into who she truly is and grown so much as a person while on the show.  I have a great, great respect who she has become.  It's incredibly admirable, and I also think she's funny and fun.  Brava.

Kenya actually should take a page from Porsha's book. She is a woman who I think is truly much happier with herself after her divorce.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, lasu said:

To me abuse is abuse.  It's bad to be abused by a coworker, especially if you need that job in order to feed your family.

Kenya abused Tania last season, for NO reason except because she wanted to.  Kenya has been nasty to others just because she wanted to be nasty. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Neurochick said:
On 12/11/2020 at 1:11 PM, lasu said:

To me abuse is abuse.  It's bad to be abused by a coworker, especially if you need that job in order to feed your family.

Kenya abused Tania last season, for NO reason except because she wanted to.  Kenya has been nasty to others just because she wanted to be nasty. 

That's inline with everything I said, just that I think with your spouse there is an extra layer of betrayal. Abuse is abuse, and I said neither should be excused or tolerated. I'm just going to have a more personal loathing of someone who abuses and undermines the person they made a vow in front of their chosen God, friends, and family to love and protect. Abuse is the cake. Betrayal is the icing. 

Yes, Kenya is nasty and I hope she gets help, especially so she can give her own daughter a better foundation to stand on than she herself was given. But no matter how vile she may be, I can never say someone "deserves" to abused by their spouse, nor will I ever enjoy watching it. 

• Love 5
On 12/9/2020 at 8:04 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

You can and will get thru your divorce and will emerge a different person and that is a very good thing, you will be stronger and smarter, you will show your kids how to handle the shitty things in life with grace.  It will be okay.  

Thank you for the encouragement! 

• Love 3