Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: Pack Your Bags!

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Amani:  "Woody and I's marriage."  Ugh  

Oh, Amani is in good company. Many, many people use I, me, and myself incorrectly.

1 hour ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Amelia and her friends are all cuddled up together like preteen girls at a slumber party.  I’m sure she’s a lovely person, but there is no way in hell I would use her as my doctor.  She could probably go the holistic route, but I can’t see the standard medical community accepting her.

Theoretically, they already have. She earned a medical degree. She has a residency. Possibly she's a lot more professional than we could imagine based on this show.

57 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

You can be a very smart doctor and still consult a tarot card reader for fun, as they seemed to be doing; the two things don't have to be mutually exclusive. 

Agreed. The inability to wash a glass correctly would deter me from seeking her services.

15 minutes ago, endure said:

Miles is a super nice guy but honestly he could be a lot too needy for me, maybe that's how Karen feels too,  they may end up being good friends and that's Ok too. I think they're both good people.

Yep. Miles deserves better. And, Miles is a lot. 

Edited by Rhiannon Hunter
  • Love 13
Just now, gonecrackers said:

It bothers me that it seemed like Amelia didn't pick up on how her comments would make Bennett feel.

Me too! They were doing so well! Why would you drop that bombshell right before D-Day?

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I wonder if Christina is throwing a Hail Mary so Henry says yes and then She says no so she doesn’t get dumped on tv. She’s crazy enough to think of something that twisted. 

Don't do it Henry!  Thank goodness he just said they have to spend the night apart.  I was scared for him.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

It bothers me that it seemed like Amelia didn't pick up on how her comments would make Bennett feel.

It bothered me, too.  Yet she was hurt that Bennett’s letter was about a Pokémon card instead of their relationship. So I guess they each experienced an obtuse moment from the other. 

Edited by Cancun
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

Miles seems so unhappy. I think Karen just sucked the life out of him. I hope he doesn’t want to stay married to her. 

Wait...what did I just hear Amani say in the preview? Hopefully that is editing monkey BS. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 9
Just now, Straycat80 said:

Wait...what did I just hear Amani say in the preview? Hopefully that is editing monkey BS. 

I'm sure they're messing with us.

1 minute ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Christina’s day of reckoning is NIGH.  I hope Henry blasts her up off of that couch.  What a reprehensible person she is. 

I'm looking forward to it.

Not looking forward to that butt ugly dress Viv has on.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm wondering if this is fake drama, the way it was with Austin and Jessica.  They did great the whole season but argued towards the end of the experiment, so to speak, about Austin having to travel for work.  They still decided to stay married and are still married. 

• Love 8
Just now, Straycat80 said:

Miles seems so unhappy. I think Karen just sucked the life out of him. I hope he doesn’t want to stay married to Karen.

Me too on the Amani thing!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

What is that very yellow drink Karen and her friends are drinking? It’s bothering me they aren’t eating that giant bowl of guacamole. 
karen wants Miles to ‘put her in her place’. What!? 

Karen is odd, she wants like an old school aggressive type of masculinity. That's not what masculinity is though🙁.  She does not appreciate Miles and what he brings to the table.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Oh Lordy, did Amani just say she wants a divorce? Hopefully that was taken out of context by the editing monkeys. 
I wanted to throttle Amelia for saying that she’s doing this because she always wanted to be on a tv show.  I’m sure a lot of people do too, but that’s a pretty selfish if you’re paired off with someone who actually wants to be married. I think once her residency starts and the honeymoon part ended, I think Bennett will regret moving. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

What is that very yellow drink Karen and her friends are drinking? It’s bothering me they aren’t eating that giant bowl of guacamole. 
karen wants Miles to ‘put her in her place’. What!? 

Maybe lemoncello or whatever they call it.  I also have to buy a few avocados and limes and olives tomorrow.  If Karen was sleeping with the other guy for six months,why couldn’t she at least sleep with Miles once?  It’s not like she was a Virgin.  Maybe she wants him to act like a cave man, throw her over his shoulder and have his way with her.  Then call the cops.  She’s a pain in the butt.  Not even a kiss good bye.  She’s not all that like she thinks she is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

ChristinA is still deluded. Henry is outta there!

I hope Miles opts for divorce. Karen played every card wrong, notably the "age" and "manly" ones.

Speaking of cards: Amelia! She didn't heed the warnings! TMI in her spilling her Reality TV beans to Bennett! 

Fake Drama being previewed with Amani  and Woody. These two are solid. 

Olivia should be a rich man's second wife. Money, travel, fine restaurants, and no desire for kids because he's  BT, DT!

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Oh Lordy, did Amani just say she wants a divorce? 

Unpopular Opinion: I was more disappointed that Olivia and Brett didn't make it to the couples retreat that I would be if Amani and Woody divorce. I'm not rooting against them or anything. Just thinking that long term they could go either way and it might be better to end it with a Woody-type sooner rather than later. 

I'm watching Married at First Sight Second Chances and would like to see a season with Miles.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Bennett’s friend is a real ray of sunshine and positivity isn’t he? 

I wonder if he was single.  After four months of living and sleeping together, I’m sure he would know if he cared for her by now.  That jerk was a downer .. and probably was jealous.  He was no friend.

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Oh Lordy, did Amani just say she wants a divorce? Hopefully that was taken out of context by the editing monkeys. 
I wanted to throttle Amelia for saying that she’s doing this because she always wanted to be on a tv show.  

I'm sure both of these scenes were producer driven.  I think they cut out the rest of what Amelia said to drum up some drama!

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I wonder if he was single.  After four months of living and sleeping together, I’m sure he would know if he cared for her by now.  That jerk was a downer .. and probably was jealous.  He was no friend.

He was pointing out the truth, though. They have not experienced real life in that relationship. Yes, they hit it off, and it's been very fun and amicable, but do they really know each other? Amelia even said she was going to miss feeling like a movie star having the cameras around all the time. His concerns were valid in my opinion, if voiced a little sternly.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, karenbrady said:

Christina is BATSHYT CRAZY. I can't stand to look at her much longer. She's a monster.

I always remember one time when she entered the room and I thought she was going to tell Henry she's a zombie, I had that same feeling again tonight, she is def so very off *shudder*

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Hard to know suddenly where things will go with Amelia and Bennett - surely this would have come up before, that she signed up to be on a reality show. He seemed visibly taken aback and hurt, it was chilling to me and very much altered their dynamic.  But it could all be TV drama too and probably is.

Edited by endure
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

ChristinA is manipulating because she doesn't want Henry to dump her on "the" day.

You could see on her face she’s sorry she said that about Henry.  Now, she’s contrite.  Too late.  There is no going back after that.  Henry is done.  The girl is not all there in the head.  Now she’s crying?  I have a feeling she screwed most of the pilots on her job.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Christina declaring how deeply loved she’s been in the past is complete bullshit and her dad laughing when she said she’s not needy was hilarious. Can she be any more pompous?

That wasn't her dad. 

That was her friend who was at the apartment warming party. Wasn't he?

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, OnTime said:

What is BT? DT?

Been there, done that

9 minutes ago, OnTime said:

That wasn't her dad. 

That was her friend who was at the apartment warming party. Wasn't he?

Oh yeah, I just assumed due to his age he was. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Me to, lol.  Her tummy looked preggers.  Like a few months along.

Maybe, But, Amani carried extra weight in her stomach in the honeymoon episodes, too. Woody made a good choice to talk his grandmother. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, PupCal said:

Karen just needs to get on Fetlife and find herself a Dom/start reading BDSM how-tos.

Karen *thinks* wants to be taken in hand. Be interesting to see if she would actually thrive in that type of relationship. 

I want Miles to be in a relationship where he is free to be himself and isn’t constantly being judged. 

2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I think ChristinA is cray cray and Henry is actually scared of her because he senses that she is.

ChristinA is delusional and manipulative. That bitch is nuts. Hope he can get a quick divorce and not have to wait a year or so. 

For the final time (for me anyway) Brett is an ass. He was right about the marriage, still an ass. 

• Love 12

I was appalled to hear Brett tell his friend that he couldn’t wait to get back on dating apps, so that he could reject women.  Someone should probably tell this jerk that he isn’t as handsome and desirable as he seems to believe.

Bennett appeared rattled when Amelia said she sign on to the show just to be on Reality TV. Hearing her say that she would have liked any guy they match her with, regardless of what he looked like, seemed to shake his confidence. 

I can’t believe Christina was blackmailing Henry into not saying anything negative about her.  Horrible woman! I would bet good money that her “friend” was some random guy they plucked off the street and offered a meal.

I think Miles should “leave” because Karen is clearly not into him.  However, I have a feeling he is going to “stay”.

Woody seemed serious when he told Amani that he was undecided. I think it made her nervous.  I believe those two were meant for each other, it would be a shame if they split. 

• Love 15

I'm re-watching. Amani just brought up Woody not hearing, or fully understanding her, as a reason to divorce. While I'm pretty  sure they will stay married, (despite the preview- I think she's just testing him to see if he'll flip out) I think trying to understand him is more of a problem.

I watching again to see how and why  ChristinA started to cry at dinner with Henry. I've read that it was because he managed to give a compliment of  that she writes well, but, huh? Maybe she's crying because that's the only good quality he could come up with.

• Love 5

I'm still watching the recorded episode but just hit pause to say I got choked up watching Woody at his last dinner with Amani. That was some real, raw emotion there. His eyes teared up. Wow, he really does love her!😍

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Now Amelia is wearing the watermelon toddler outfit Bennett was wearing earlier. 

Ok, that was my thought - are they sharing it or do they have matching rompers? And why does any person over the age of three need that stupid outfit? Also, why do they and all of their friends look like they don’t shower regularly? The major quirk is getting tired.......

And another thing: If I was Bennett and heard her talking about applying for this show as a lark and not really caring about being married, I would have some serious questions. I know he expressed that in a TH about being concerned about what would happen when the cameras were gone, but I would be confronting her, like, hey lady, you better be sure this isn’t just a fun joke before I uproot my life and move to Virginia with you!

And Karen, you don’t get to be pissed that your husband referred to you as “sis” but then turn around and call him “kiddo”. Again with this masculine bullshit, yet always emasculating him. Run, Miles, run. 

Woody getting choked up at dinner. 😍They are the cutest. Go on and try to edit Amani saying she wants a divorce in the clip for next week you stupid edit monkeys, I’ll never believe it. Those two are the best! 

• Love 12

Brett seemed miserable. Maybe he isn't over the fiancee who cheated on him, wants a new relationship, has some bad luck, and keeps getting in his own way. His friend was significantly better looking and seemed like a much nicer guy than Brett. 

Woody is consistent about not liking surprises and thinking the single life is lonely. Oddly enough, I'm on Woody's side about decision day. If either of them was going to say no, they should have discussed it before decision day. At the point when decision day is tomorrow and they've acted as fledgling marriage experts all season, they could say yes on camera then figure out what story to tell about their break up before the reunion episode. 

Woody mentioned that his grandmother was married a long time. Is grandpa Woody alive and camera shy? 

Henry looked really good. I don't understand his decision to stay until decision day.

It would be something if the result of the finale was Brett and Olivia giving it another try while all the other couples choose to divorce. Then at the reunion Amani/Woody and Amelia/Bennett are back together and Brett/Olivia have broken up again. 

• Love 1

Pastor Cal cracked me up on Unfiltered: (paraphrasing) “What’s the big deal about bad sex? So what? So maybe you start with missionary and no one enjoys it, but then you learn about each other and move on to other things.” Ha! 
Hey PC, why are you bagging on missionary? Ain’t nothing wrong with a little Boring Caucasian Sex™️ now and then! 😂

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Rhiannon Hunter said:

Oh, Amani is in good company. Many, many people use I, me, and myself incorrectly.

Theoretically, they already have. She earned a medical degree. She has a residency. Possibly she's a lot more professional than we could imagine based on this show.

Agreed. The inability to wash a glass correctly would deter me from seeking her services.

Yep. Miles deserves better. And, Miles is a lot. 

IMiles is a great guy. And he deserves better. My husband was like that when I 1st met him cold and not wanting to be hunger touched. Ultimately I told him I couldn't be with him, I had to be with somebody who was more affectionate. He decided to change to be with me, And now he is very affectionate and can't believe he never was. 

I think Bennett was pretty much all in until she confessed to him that it was on a Lark. Now his feelings are hurt and hes doubting whether she'll stick it out. I think Bennett  and miles should both walk away and I think Henry already is.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Lying about your husband being gay is not giving 100% ChristinA. 
Henry is so done with all this. He should  have taken a cue from Brett and walked. 

11 hours ago, rebel2u said:

Love the expressions ChristinA's friend makes when she talks about not being needy and not being a liar.

11 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

And that was a pretty crappy reader too. Her and Bennett’s brand is showing how “they’re SO not like other people”. It’s starting to feel a little artificial. Thaddeus was doling out some tough love but he wasn’t wrong, he just needed to sandwich all that in with something positive, if he’s able. Brett’s friend seems to think he’s kind of an asshole too, but I think it stems from him being incredibly insecure. 
Loved Woody’s grandma and the T-shirt he was wearing and Amani’s friends too.  

Christina declaring how deeply loved she’s been in the past is complete bullshit and her dad laughing when she said she’s not needy was hilarious. Can she be any more pompous? She and Brett need to try dating. It wouldn’t be a love match but fun to see how their dynamic changes with much different personalities. Olivia saying she’d consider getting back together reeks of desperation because she Just wants to be married.  
Karen’s friends seem really nice. It’s so great to hear adult conversation that’s not riddled with whining, bitching and a torrent of “likes” and “uhhs”. 

11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

So Henry basically said that ChristinA threatened to "out" him (e.g. share the text message claiming he had a male lover) if he didn't finish the process?

BITCH! I wish that no LGBTQ person ever felt a need to be closeted but her behavior is reprehensible. 

10 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I think ChristinA is cray cray and Henry is actually scared of her because he senses that she is.

10 hours ago, karenbrady said:

Christina is BATSHYT CRAZY. I can't stand to look at her much longer. She's a monster.

10 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Christina’s day of reckoning is NIGH.  I hope Henry blasts her up off of that couch.  What a reprehensible person she is. 

First shallow comments out of the way:

• Miles' friend (I think his name was Blake) was really fine. One of Karen's friends was stunning but I did not catch her name.
  • Christina's talking buddy was not her father but a friend I have a theory that 
Spoiler

there was a rumor going around that Christina's last relationship was an affair with a married pilot and he paid for the "crash pad" in New Orleans. This might be the guy. I am saying this because he seems a little too old to be her friend and he was making the most ridiculous faces when she said she was not too needy. This is just a rumor but now I would not put anything past this woman

Christina just might win the prize for being the most awful person that the show has ever cast. What a disgusting and horrible human being. She was trying to blackmail Henry to stay with her...how sad and pathetic.

I am sure when confronted she will cry about sorry she is...I hope the experts lay into her.

I also notice that Henry's talking buddy seemed overjoyed that his marriage did not work out. She is probably so happy to have her errand boy back at her beck and call.

This is the first episode where I found Amelia and Bennett a little exhausting.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, endure said:

What exactly is the issue with Miles & Karen, honestly I don't get either one or them?

Karen has said it: She wants a man to "put me in my place." A man who, she agreed with her friend, just needs to give her a "look" for her to become obedient. A man whom she isn't  tempted to call "child" or suggest he needs to get parental permission  to do something. A man who isn't  constantly  solicitous of her feelings.

IOW, Karen wants a man who WON'T always treat her like a queen.

Miles wants to show his woman that he cares about her and how she is feeling. He wants her to appreciate his kindness and show him some physical  affection. He wants a woman to joke and laugh and relax with. He wants a woman who will express her emotions so he doesn't have to guess, wonder, or worry. 

Neither Karen nor Miles perceives the other as meeting her or his needs in this relationship. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
19 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Karen has said it: She wants a man to "put me in my place." A man who, she agreed with her friend, just needs to give her a "look" for her to become obedient. A man whom she isn't  tempted to call "child" or suggest he needs to get parental permission  to do something. A man who isn't  constantly  solicitous of her feelings.

IOW, Karen wants a man who WON'T always treat her like a queen.

Miles wants to show his woman that he cares about her and how she is feeling. He wants her to appreciate his kindness and show him some physical  affection. He wants a woman to joke and laugh and relax with. He wants a woman who will express her emotions so he doesn't have to guess, wonder, or worry. 

Neither Karen nor Miles perceives the other as meeting her or his needs in this relationship. 

I actually hope they don't stay together and the one that decides to divorce is Miles. There is nothing wrong with wanting a strong man but it seems like Karen buys into toxic masculinity bullshit.

• Love 17

I’ve said this before, but I think Amelia is a spoiled rich girl trying to sow some wild oats before she settles down. I think she likes Bennett but will  change into yet another identity when she starts her residency. I also don’t think she will be a warm and understanding doctor; I actually think she seems kind of cold to me. Bennett is way more into her.

Miles blew me away with his well thought out statement on what he needs from a wife. He needs to be loved and respected and allowed to be himself in his own home. It is mature to be able to identify what you really need. I’m not as convinced that Karen really wants a man to lead her or put her in her place, but she doesn’t want Miles. 

Christina needs therapy. She is constantly crying and admitting “sometimes I do this or that” and she is not being honest. Amani and Woody are great and I hope they continue to have a fun, loving marriage.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 12

Christina: I’m not needy.

Also Christina, to the man who would sooner chew his own arm off rather than spend another night with her: What do you like best about meeeeeeeeee?

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, endure said:

Miles is a super nice guy but honestly he could be a lot too needy for me, maybe that's how Karen feels too,  they may end up being good friends and that's Ok too. I think they're both good people.

This.  Now that we're getting to the end of the "experiment" (which consists of legally binding marriages, in case anyone forgot,) looking back at the season, he does seem a little extra, and very much in tune with what he thinks and feels and believes and wants and what he gives to the relationship and what he wants from the relationship and what he is actually getting from the relationship, etc.  Karen saw his instagram prior to their marriage and told a producer she didn't think he was her type, that he seemed more emotional with a tendency to overshare, more so than what she felt comfortable with.  I think Karen would be more attracted to the stereotypical strong, silent type.  I'm starting to see the relationship from her perspective and beginning to see why she may have reservations about the marriage. YMMV

Edited by rebel2u
  • Love 4