Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: Pack Your Bags!

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, endure said:

Hard to know suddenly where things will go with Amelia and Bennett - surely this would have come up before, that she signed up to be on a reality show. He seemed visibly taken aback and hurt, it was chilling to me and very much altered their dynamic.  But it could all be TV drama too and probably is.

She had time for this show?  If he goes to Virginia, he will be alone a lot with no friends.  She shouldn’t have joined this show knowing that.  I think it was selfish of her.  He should have a long distance relationship for the two years of her residency.  Then he’ll know if he can’t live without her.  Or, he can flyuoo here n there to spend some time with her.  Fly up back there.

• Love 5

OMG, where to start with this.

Brett's friend just called Brett out as being a huge douche on national TV, saying Brett's treated him like shit in the past and so he's not surprised at how things turned out. I'm not a massive fan of Olivia, but that girl dodged a bullet for sure.

Bennett and Amelia: Bennett's cadaverous friend was the Voice of Doom, and I suspect maybe a little jealous that charming, handsome Bennett has found someone who makes him happy. I think the editing monkeys were at play with Amelia, because I suspect what she probably said was that she thought it might be fun to be on a reality show, but it's turned out so much better than she could ever have imagined because she's met Bennett who she's fallen in love with.

Miles and Karen: I really want things to work out for them but I think if Miles began acting like the dominating man to put Karen in her place, she'd freak out.  I think he's a peach but she doesn't know what she wants. I think if they stay together he'll be the one putting in al the emotional labour until he gets to the point where he says, nuh-uh, enough. Thus reinforcing her self-fulfilling prophesy that there are no 'good' men out there.

Woody and Amani: I call total shenanigans on the preview for next week. I think they both have a level of maturity and self-awareness that's rare, and they really like each other and have fun together. Woody's grandma was spot-on when she said men don't listen enough. And I loved that she had a 'Tiki bar' sign on her porch. You go, grandma.

Henry and ChristinA: OMG, she is the absolute worst. She truly thinks she's perfect and has done nothing wrong in this relationship and that if only they can get some "counselling", Henry will (a) realise that he's married to this goddess and (b) turn into a completely different person who fits her specification of what she wants. I LOL'd when she said "imagine if the experts had matched us up with someone crazy". Yes, they did that, ChristinA - to Henry! I'm really glad that he was as bemused as I was at her rose-tinted view of how she thought things could work out between them.  I loved that he said he'd found it hard not to burst out laughing. Maybe she realised that the time was drawing near when she'd have to move back into her car and decided moving into Henry's place seemed like the better option. Ugh! I hate her!

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

Poor Henry, got matched with a psycho wife.  Why do all the nicest people on this show get matched with the worst spouses???  Christina really seems one centimeter away from becoming murderous and I would not sleep without at least one locked door between us.  I can't help but wonder if Henry had these ticks before or if Christina brought that out in him.

Why did Karen even do this "experiment"?  She's gorgeous and intelligent/well spoken and although cold and uptight, I would think she gets tons of offers.  Miles is trying too hard and if he played just a little hard to get, Karen would come calling. 

I got a "performance art" vibe from Amelia and Bennett a few episodes back so I I see everything they say and do through that lens.  I hope that they truly do love each other though. 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, Bees52 said:

I'm re-watching. Amani just brought up Woody not hearing, or fully understanding her, as a reason to divorce. While I'm pretty  sure they will stay married, (despite the preview- I think she's just testing him to see if he'll flip out) I think trying to understand him is more of a problem.

I watching again to see how and why  ChristinA started to cry at dinner with Henry. I've read that it was because he managed to give a compliment of  that she writes well, but, huh? Maybe she's crying because that's the only good quality he could come up with.

They all think marriage is a ride in the park.  Eating out, going to nice places, having meaningful conversation, etc.  hahahaha.  After a big fight after a year, I was in the living room crying my eyes out.  I tip toed into the bedroom and he was snoring away.  I said “ are you sorry”?  He said “sorry”.  I said for what.  He replied “whatever you said I said”.  He went back to sleep.  I thought “is this it?”  Most of the time they have no clue, but ask them the stats ona certain team and they will tell you everything in detail.  Lol.  Sorry you boys.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

I got a "performance art" vibe from Amelia and Bennett a few episodes back

I fast-forward through her scenes; I only watch the scenes with either just Bennett, or scenes with the entire cast. She's just too much for me. That pumpkin or peach or orange crown or whatever she had on ... I mean, for what? If she brought that level of whimsy to my interactions with her as a patient, I would find a new doctor. She's just not my cup of tea.

Henry rolled his eyes when Christina asked what he liked about her. He can't stand her. (Also, is there no COVID in New Orleans? Were they they only people in those restaurants?)

Brett's friend, who was very well-spoken when he was describing what an asshole Brett is ... very aptly described what an asshole Brett is. I can actually give Brett a pass on getting back on the apps - it's just part of how we date nowadays, and the nice thing is that you can meet people you never otherwise would have met. If and when Olivia decides to get back out there, I'd bet she'll be on the apps. But saying that he gets a kick out of rejecting women is a dick move.

19 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Miles is trying too hard and if he played just a little hard to get, Karen would come calling. 

That's not who he is, though - he's not into game-playing, and really, you shouldn't have to play games with your spouse. He said straight up that he wants to be fully himself in a marriage, and he can't do that with Karen. Miles needs to go. Karen is just not the kind of person he needs to be with - maybe they'll stay friends, but she's made it very clear that she's not the kind of emotionally available person he needs. And in four months they haven't had any kind of sex? And they're both young and healthy and aren't dealing with the ebbs and flows that come with a long-term relationship? They're friends.

(Miles's friend is very good-looking. I remember him from before.) 

• Love 18

I was surprised to see how few people were wearing masks in many of the scenes, and, as others have said, no social distancing.

Was "put me in my place" the production phrase of the week? WTF???? Both Karen and ChristinA said that same thing. That just infuriates me that they would want to be "less than" their partner. Poor Miles wants an equal partner. He does not want to work in an educational setting all day and then come home and be in charge at home, too. I detest ChristinA, but I almost think that Karen is the worst person they have had. There is no light, no energy within her at all - she comes across with a very flat affect and sucks the joy out of every scene she is in. Even with her friends. ChristinA is, at least, entertaining to watch. She needs serious counseling - for herself! I love Henry. I wonder how long they had been sleeping in separate rooms?

I think the editing monkeys messed with Bennett and Amelia. Maybe she just signed up for a fun adventure, but so did Bennett. They both went in with a "why not?" attitude and both got far more than they ever expected. I am, however, totally over the kid's costumes and that disgusting sleep dress. I cannot imagine how hot and stinky Amelia must be if she truly sleeps in those costumes. I think they will be fine.

So, next week is D-Day. I sure hope we will get to see the reunion show, since they filmed one in August. I am not sure when they will show it since they are going 24/7 stupid holiday movies at the end of the month. It seems that this has been a very long season.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Retired at last said:

I was surprised to see how few people were wearing masks in many of the scenes, and, as others have said, no social distancing.

Wasn't a mask to be seen! At least Brett and his friend were outside and maybe Brett has been quarantining since breaking up with Olivia, but who knows about his friend? They were still close together though. Woody and his grandmother were outside too, but Woody hasn't lived with her for months and has been maskless around the cast and crew. Amelia the health care professional was snuggled up with her friends, indoors, with no mask. And they're all just eating out in restaurants like COVID isn't a thing, putting the restaurant staff at risk (unless production shut down the restaurant for filming). I thought it was so disappointing.

This has to be the easiest money Viviana has ever made. Has she done one consultation with the cast? She appears to have filmed one talking head interview (she's wearing the same clothes) and then she pops up on decision day (which, again, could have been virtual on the day it was supposed to be).

• Love 13

Miles did seem to be cooling his jets about Karen on this episode which was refreshing. Not that I would wish Christina on anybody but she’d definitely get her love tank filled up if Miles liked her but it may not ever be enough. I can’t believe Christina broke down in tears when Henry said she was a good writer and that’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said to her. What about all the guys who told her how beautiful she was all the time”? She’s got major daddy issues. 
Wonder if she was trying to make her “friend” jealous during their lunch. He seems less than impressed. 

I’ll miss our group here when the show ends and love how active and involved everyone is. Wednesdays have been a bright spot in the week. 

• Love 17
5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Karen has said it: She wants a man to "put me in my place." A man who, she agreed with her friend, just needs to give her a "look" for her to become obedient. A man whom she isn't  tempted to call "child" or suggest he needs to get parental permission  to do something. A man who isn't  constantly  solicitous of her feelings.

IOW, Karen wants a man who WON'T always treat her like a queen.

Miles wants to show his woman that he cares about her and how she is feeling. He wants her to appreciate his kindness and show him some physical  affection. He wants a woman to joke and laugh and relax with. He wants a woman who will express her emotions so he doesn't have to guess, wonder, or worry. 

Neither Karen nor Miles perceives the other as meeting her or his needs in this relationship. 

I think all these things are true, but I'd add that I just don't think that Karen is physically attracted to Miles, no matter how much of a "good" guy he is.

• Love 6

Regarding Brett and his friend and the comments about dating apps, if you've seen Brett as a jerk all along, I guess you could take those comments as him looking forward to "swiping left," but I took it to mean that he was not looking forward to wading back into the dating pool and the inevitable rejection everyone faces. In true Brett fashion, he was being defensive by trying to be funny/sarcastic about it. 

Even Olivia said she would listen to him if he wanted to try again. 😮  I highly doubt she would, but hey.  The show has to try and make us think that there's a chance, don't they. 

I know that I would never ever ever want to be on any kind of a reality show, because of the judgement it would subject me to. LOL!  I don't know if any of these people will ever recover. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I heard that too.

But I knew what she meant.

The episode was boring, I missed the last few minutes because I fell asleep.  LOL.

Sure, I knew what she meant but I was just pointing out the bad grammar.  She's not alone.  It seems to be prevalent on these reality shows. 

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 5

As much as I feel Amelia came off cold to Bennett, I don't buy her story. I'm holding to they both knew each other before & signed on as an easy 'success' for the show, & some TV exposure for Bennett. I don't think it was a good idea for a budding doctor though, & people see through her because she's faking it much more than Bennett (& is not an actor). They both seem like the type to grow out of each other someday, so time will tell with these two.

If Olivia just wants to be married because her friend group is married that will be a big mistake. She should just find a travel group & some new, single friends & enjoy where she is in life. The grass ain't always greener...

Christina's 'friend' offered nothing; was probably hired for a free meal (& as an extra in the apt scene). I kind of can't wait to see Henry divulge her detestable behavior to the 'experts' next week, but am not looking forward to her gaslighting & manipulative histrionics. Henry needs to consult Olivia on alarm companies & get his installed.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Rhiannon Hunter said:

Henry looked really good. I don't understand his decision to stay until decision day.

Probably producer driven since Brett/Olivia split.

But hopefully it is to say NO after Christina gives her fake speech that they have potential and then plays the victim, yet again.

• Love 3

Bennett’s friend...I wish Bennet would have said, “You make valid points for making a decision to divorce IF next week were the only day I could make that decision. But it’s not. Instead, we can stay married and wait to see if anything you said (about when life becomes real) causes us to change our minds.”  

Yes!  I was begging Bennett to say, "So what exactly should I do on Decision Day?" 

14 hours ago, topanga said:

That’s my fear. That once the hyper reality of the show is over, Woody mighty get bored and become unfaithful. Then again, I never expected him and Amani to get along so well in the first place. So what do I know?

I wonder how well Woody is going to wear.  Amani does an awful lot of eye rolling, which is fun at first but can get kind of old.

14 hours ago, Rhiannon Hunter said:

Amani:  "Woody and I's marriage."  Ugh  

Oh, Amani is in good company. Many, many people use I, me, and myself incorrectly.

I wouldn't necessarily consider it good company.

14 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

If Karen was sleeping with the other guy for six months,why couldn’t she at least sleep with Miles once?  It’s not like she was a Virgin.

Good heavens. 

10 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

And Karen, you don’t get to be pissed that your husband referred to you as “sis” but then turn around and call him “kiddo”. Again with this masculine bullshit, yet always emasculating him. Run, Miles, run.

Does anybody know why his nickname for her was "Killer"? 

15 hours ago, Valegro said:

She's not emotionally mature enough for this process if she can't open up to a more open and sensitive man.

Maybe, but Miles appears to be not just a more open and sensitive man, but the most open and sensitive man. 

3 hours ago, rebel2u said:

This.  Now that we're getting to the end of the "experiment" (which consists of legally binding marriages, in case anyone forgot,) looking back at the season, he does seem a little extra, and very much in tune with what he thinks and feels and believes and wants and what he gives to the relationship and what he wants from the relationship and what he is actually getting from the relationship, etc.  Karen saw his instagram prior to their marriage and told a producer she didn't think he was her type, that he seemed more emotional with a tendency to overshare, more so than what she felt comfortable with.  I think Karen would be more attracted to the stereotypical strong, silent type.  I'm starting to see the relationship from her perspective and beginning to see why she may have reservations about the marriage. YMMV

That's been my mileage since about the third episode.  I'd still like to know exactly what turned her off so quickly in the videos she saw, but I can definitely imagine a video he might make that would turn me off. 

• Love 5

I guess Amani and Woody think the bleeped out language conversations are cute, but they need to give it a rest.   It was already hard enough to understand Woody sometimes, and then the bleeping out last night just made their conversations that much more difficult to understand. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I wonder if he was single.  After four months of living and sleeping together, I’m sure he would know if he cared for her by now.  That jerk was a downer .. and probably was jealous.  He was no friend.

I get what he was saying - that their relationship hasn't really been tested yet, but that's not exactly fair to expect that when they've only known each other for 4 months, and two of those were spend in quarantine. It's actually pretty stupid. They got more time than any other couples in the history of the show. If they still want to stay together on Decision Day, why should this guy poo poo that? Wouldn't the smart choice be to stay together and see where it goes? It doesn't mean they are now obligated to stay together forever if they change their mind!

• Love 11

Ooh boy, the editing monkeys were busy in last night's episode! Trying to throw us off track, but I am not falling for it. First, I am sure Amelia did say that she thought it would be cool to be on a reality show, but I think she said a lot more that was left on the cutting room floor. Like, how she never imagined meeting someone as wonderful as Bennett and falling in love, yada yada yada. Or the whole thing is fake and they knew each other more than we are being led to believe. Whatever, the quirkiness is just over the top for me and they are putting on a show for the cameras or film crews that are around all the time. When all these couples are shown laying in bed, it is probably the middle of the afternoon!

I'm not too worried about Amani and Woody either. I am guessing what she was shown saying was completely out of context, unless he told her he was messing around on her or something. I know that some still think Woody is a player - I am not one of them though. I loved that scene with him and his grandma - she knows how to put herself together!

I don't know what to think about Miles and Karen either. Her perception of masculinity is so skewed and I actually think that they would be a solid couple if she would take that giant stick out of her arse and throw him a bone - then maybe he could return the favour hehehe.

I am starting to think that the ChristinA we are being shown is mentally unstable and I hope that the bedroom with the twin bed that poor Henry is confined to has a lock on the door. She is so delusional it is scary. And clearly the producers hate her, understandably.

Olivia has so many preconceived notions about what her ideal partner should be and she has never even given Brett a chance. While understanding that it is not everyone's cup of tea, she has no appreciation for his sarcastic sense of humour, and she seems to be lacking overall in the humour department. These two are completely incompatible in every sense of the word, and it seems even their cats didn't get along. Again, I think that the editors have shit all over him.

• Love 7

Karen doesn’t want a man, she wants a nanny.  She wants someone to take care of the home, make the decisions, plan all the activities and respectfully put her in her place when necessary - with no physical or emotional intimacy.  Weird.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I want to grab Henry’s fist and we punch Christinin her multi chinned fugly face.

Brett deserves a kick in the nutsack from each of us regulars here....line starts behind me.

In honor of Woody’s Grandma, having my evening adult beverage in a hurricane glass from Pat O’Brien’s

To quote Elvin Bishop...Amelia..You fooled around and fell in love...Bennett does not deserve to get his heart stomped on. However, he needs to ask before he wears your sliced watermelon set...and scrunches...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

I agree that Karen isn’t attracted to Miles. I think his age, his baby face and whatever social media she peeped before the wedding turned her completely off before she even met him. She probably likes him well enough as a friend but she’s looking for something Miles will never be. 

A friend of mine told me that after a decade of marriage his wife confessed that she wanted a different type of relationship. He never specified but she wanted him to be aggressive in a way that made him uncomfortable. They eventually divorced over this. He said it just wasn’t in him to treat a woman that way.

My feeling with Miles and Karen is that they may stay together after the experiment is over and the cameras are gone but how long will it last if she can’t give him what he needs and he isn’t the type of man she says she wants? I think it’s be better to pull a Brett and end it now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Brett deserves a kick in the nutsack from each of us regulars here....line starts behind me.

Sorry, no can do. unpopular opinion over here, but still Team Brett. Props to him for leaving and not playing the game when they have nothing in common. The show did him dirty by matching him with someone completely incompatible, and he knows it. He says a lot of stupid shit, but I still would rather hang with him over her. Please excuse me now while I put on some armor to field the razzing for taking Brett's side........

• Love 22
2 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Regarding Brett and his friend and the comments about dating apps, if you've seen Brett as a jerk all along, I guess you could take those comments as him looking forward to "swiping left," but I took it to mean that he was not looking forward to wading back into the dating pool and the inevitable rejection everyone faces. In true Brett fashion, he was being defensive by trying to be funny/sarcastic about it.  

Brett said that he couldn't wait to start rejecting women and was actually looking forward to it.  At that point, his friend should have laughed, because knowing Brett, he knew that he was being sarcastic.  However, his friend looked uncomfortable and didn't seem the least bit amused.  

The cracks are beginning to show in Amelia and Bennett's relationship.  Last week, he didn't mention her in the letter to his 9 year old self and this week, she made a point of telling him that she did this as a farce and would have like whomever they matched her with.  I hate to say this, but I give them three years, max. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

My UO.

IMO a person's character has nothing to do with them being "well spoken," it has nothing to do with bizarre outfits (that Amelia loved to wear, especially on her head).  That tells me nothing about either person's character. 

ChristinA is well spoken, she wears nice clothes but to me, her character is not good.  I remember when she said that Henry didn't seem to have confidence, and then in the next breath said how she needs a man with confidence.  Sometimes I feel she's thisclose from being abusive to Henry.  

I don't get it when people say they can't understand Woody.  I understand everything he says, even without the captioning.  Maybe I have better ears?  

What happened to me is that in the early 80's, I dated a man who seemed very intelligent and sophisticated, until the day we went to a restaurant and the food wasn't to his liking.  He went to nut city and was VERY rude to the wait staff AND kitchen staff.  BTW, he was well spoken and dressed well.  But his attitude told me everything I needed to know about him, and the relationship went to way of the Dodo bird quickly.

Oh, and I loved the tee shirt Woody was wearing when he met with his grandmother.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

You could see on her face she’s sorry she said that about Henry.  Now, she’s contrite.  Too late.  There is no going back after that.  Henry is done.  The girl is not all there in the head.  Now she’s crying?  I have a feeling she screwed most of the pilots on her job.

I don't believe she's contrite about anything. She's a very, very bad actress, a liar, a bully, & apparently, a blackmailer. IMO she's tied for the worst in show award (with violent Ryan, season 2) - that's pretty damn bad. 

1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Does anybody know why his nickname for her was "Killer"?

Missed that one - maybe she makes some killer dishes? He's always raving about her cooking. Or she's a killer competitor when she won that game?  I dunno LOL.

1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I get what he was saying - that their relationship hasn't really been tested yet, but that's not exactly fair to expect that when they've only known each other for 4 months, and two of those were spend in quarantine. It's actually pretty stupid. They got more time than any other couples in the history of the show. If they still want to stay together on Decision Day, why should this guy poo poo that? Wouldn't the smart choice be to stay together and see where it goes? It doesn't mean they are now obligated to stay together forever if they change their mind!

Maybe it's the moving away from everything he has for someone he (supposedly) hasn't been with long. I think the friend was production coached anyway.

I agree with whoever said Amani's eye rolls could get old. Most of the time I like her but sometimes she's just annoying. He barely contained his eye roll when she said "that's deep", yet again. She seems to talk down a bit, was pushy about the dog (beyond play talk, I felt, & dogs are a lot of work says this new puppy owner), & has been a busy body this season - although that could've been production coached as well (hopefully). Woody still seems enamored with her & with marriage, but he expressed concern he may lose patience with little things that bother him. Wishing them the best though.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I guess Amani and Woody think the bleeped out language conversations are cute, but they need to give it a rest.   It was already hard enough to understand Woody sometimes, and then the bleeping out last night just made their conversations that much more difficult to understand. 

My problem is that Amani talks so slowly that I can easily understand her when I put the playback on 1.3 speed.  But when I do that, the captions disappear, so I can't understand Woody. 

24 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't get it when people say they can't understand Woody.  I understand everything he says, even without the captioning.  Maybe I have better ears?  

He mumbles, but I think it's more than that--maybe a syncopated rhythm when talking that makes it hard to follow?

24 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Oh, and I loved the tee shirt Woody was wearing when he met with his grandmother.

I'm curious--is race something the contestants can say is non-negotiable?  I've wondered about the "black love" stuff, and how that would be awkward if either Miles or Woody (both of whom have displayed slogans) had been matched with a white woman.

19 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Missed that one - maybe she makes some killer dishes? He's always raving about her cooking. Or she's a killer competitor when she won that game?  I dunno LOL.

He started using it early in the season, and it's shown up intermittently since then.  So it didn't come from the ladder golf competition.  I can see all kinds of nicknames for Karen, but Killer would never be one of them, so I'm wondering where it came from.  The only thing I can think of something like, "You're killing my tender soul," but I doubt that's it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I was appalled to hear Brett tell his friend that he couldn’t wait to get back on dating apps, so that he could reject women.  Someone should probably tell this jerk that he isn’t as handsome and desirable as he seems to believe.

Bennett appeared rattled when Amelia said she sign on to the show just to be on Reality TV. Hearing her say that she would have liked any guy they match her with, regardless of what he looked like, seemed to shake his confidence. 

I can’t believe Christina was blackmailing Henry into not saying anything negative about her.  Horrible woman! I would bet good money that her “friend” was some random guy they plucked off the street and offered a meal.

I think Miles should “leave” because Karen is clearly not into him.  However, I have a feeling he is going to “stay”.

Woody seemed serious when he told Amani that he was undecided. I think it made her nervous.  I believe those two were meant for each other, it would be a shame if they split. 

I’ve thought Brett was fugly from day one, doesn’t appeal to me a bit. Definitely has an overinflated view of his own desirability.

Felt so bad for Bennett, you could see on his face how taken aback he was by Amelia’s reasons for being on the show. I’ve never been convinced she’s in love, seems rather detached to me. Seems more concerned with her reality “star” persona.

Am I the only one who feels a little sorry for Christina? Yes I think she’s disturbed to say the least, but is totally oblivious of it.

The nod to MAFS Australia (stay, leave) made me smile. I LOVE the format of that show, it’s ten times more entertaining than the US version. Are you listening TLC?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm curious--is race something the contestants can say is non-negotiable?  I've wondered about the "black love" stuff, and how that would be awkward if either Miles or Woody (both of whom have displayed slogans) had been matched with a white woman.

It's not an issue because both of them were matched with black women.  

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

He mumbles, but I think it's more than that--maybe a syncopated rhythm when talking that makes it hard to follow?

That's exactly what it is about how he speaks.  

I feel like I won a contest!

4 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

It's not an issue because both of them were matched with black women.  

I know they were both matched with black women.  What I'm wondering is whether there was any chance they could have been matched with white women--if the contestants are allowed to have non-negotiable terms.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:
  17 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

If Karen was sleeping with the other guy for six months,why couldn’t she at least sleep with Miles once?  It’s not like she was a Virgin.

What that the guy who she found out was married? or which guy was that?

4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Was "put me in my place" the production phrase of the week? WTF???? Both Karen and ChristinA said that same thing. That just infuriates me that they would want to be "less than" their partner. Poor Miles wants an equal partner. He does not want to work in an educational setting all day and then come home and be in charge at home, too. I detest ChristinA, but I almost think that Karen is the worst person they have had. There is no light, no energy within her at all - she comes across with a very flat affect and sucks the joy out of every scene she is in. Even with her friends. ChristinA is, at least, entertaining to watch. She needs serious counseling - for herself! I love Henry. I wonder how long they had been sleeping in separate rooms?

I think the editing monkeys messed with Bennett and Amelia. Maybe she just signed up for a fun adventure, but so did Bennett. They both went in with a "why not?" attitude and both got far more than they ever expected. I am, however, totally over the kid's costumes and that disgusting sleep dress. I cannot imagine how hot and stinky Amelia must be if she truly sleeps in those costumes. I think they will be fine.

So, next week is D-Day. I sure hope we will get to see the reunion show, since they filmed one in August. I am not sure when they will show it since they are going 24/7 stupid holiday movies at the end of the month. It seems that this has been a very long season.

I hate those stupid holiday movies.  All the same goody two shoes C actors .  They are on too many channels with the same actors.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I don't have a problem understanding Woody.  As a matter of fact, he is the only one who speaks with a "nawlins" accent.  The others sound like transplants.  New Orleans is one of my favorite cities to visit.  There is always something going on.  I love the food and the culture.  And, I am a sucker for the way they speak. "Yah heard meh". 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Now Amelia is wearing the watermelon toddler outfit Bennett was wearing earlier. 

This is the FUNNIEST comment I've ever seen on this forum. I almost spit water across my living room. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I would bet that both Miles and Woody specified that they wanted to be matched with Black women and that Amani and Karen specified that they wanted to be matched with Black men. Their social circles appear to be almost entirely Black (IIRC Karen has a white friend who spoke at her wedding but I think all the other friends of Woody, Miles, Amani, and Karen that have appeared on the show have been Black. Woody and Miles have a lot of the same friends and they were all Black). You date who you're around, and they appear to be primarily around other Black people. I would also guess that the show doesn't do Black/white interracial pairings on purpose.

Philly Luke, who is white, didn't specify that he wanted to be matched with a woman of color, at least not that we saw, but he said that he'd primarily dated women of color (I remember him listing off the races of his exes to Pastor Cal and Pastor Cal commenting on the fact that none of them were white) and they matched him with Kate, who is white. You could tell at their wedding that he wasn't attracted to her.

20 minutes ago, OnTime said:

What that the guy who she found out was married? or which guy was that?

Amani is the one who found out that her boyfriend was married. Karen found out that her boyfriend had gotten another woman pregnant during her relationship with him.

1 minute ago, Adeejay said:

I don't have a problem understanding Woody.  As a matter of fact, he is the only one who speaks with a "nawlins" accent.  The others sound like transplants.  New Orleans is one of my favorite cities to visit.  There is always something going on.  I love the food and the culture.  And, I am a sucker for the way they speak. "Yah heard meh". 

Agreed on all counts. I don't have a problem understanding Woody either. And a friend and I have already said that when it's safe to travel, we're going back to New Orleans! It's such a great city. Part of why their sterile corporate apartments bother me is that New Orleans has some amazing architecture, and their apartments look like they could be anywhere.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, Cancun said:

I noticed Karen didn’t hug her girlfriends when they arrived. Maybe it was due to social distancing, but I am inclined to think Karen just isn’t touchy-feely with anyone. Not good or bad, just an observation that helps inform whether her distance from Miles is about Miles or more about Karen.

Bennett’s friend...I wish Bennet would have said, “You make valid points for making a decision to divorce IF next week were the only day I could make that decision. But it’s not. Instead, we can stay married and wait to see if anything you said (about when life becomes real) causes us to change our minds.”  That whole charade about Decision Day being the only time they can divorce (yes, I know they have to pay for the divorce if it happens later...just like in real life!) is crazy making!

Oh, and producer shenanigans to have the tarot card reader cut out just as she may have been delivering ominous news.  We see you, producers!

Karen's friend made a gesture upon entering to express a hug she could not give.

• Useful 5
18 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Miles seems so unhappy. I think Karen just sucked the life out of him. I hope he doesn’t want to stay married to her. 

Wait...what did I just hear Amani say in the preview? Hopefully that is editing monkey BS. 

I'm sure it's editing. I actually rolled my eyes. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Sorry, no can do. unpopular opinion over here, but still Team Brett. Props to him for leaving and not playing the game when they have nothing in common. The show did him dirty by matching him with someone completely incompatible, and he knows it. He says a lot of stupid shit, but I still would rather hang with him over her. Please excuse me now while I put on some armor to field the razzing for taking Brett's side........

Same here! I have no issue with him or how he dumped Olivia.  Watching her and her friend last night was awful. Olivia has no personality. 

• Love 9

So Karen if I'm understanding you correctly, you'd like to be spanked from time to time but that usually involves some bomb sex. Okay! Okay! I'm sorry forum and don't want to offend anyone here.  Seriously, I get it Karen, because sweet, emotional, needy, dough-boy Miles doesn't get me going either. I think you bored your last dude to tears and you should stick to dating and meet any future husband organically. You & Miles have ZERO chemistry. I don't even see why you should remain friends.

Edited by karenbrady
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I understand siding with Brett in the "who is at fault for this disaster of a marriage" game, but do you really think he's coming off as a good guy? You don't think it might do him a bit of good to get a swift kick in the jibblies? I do not blame him one bit for not wanting to be with ole sourpuss, but to me he comes across as a real shitheel, and his friend even said that he has been a dick to him in the past. If he treats his friends like crap, why would anyone think he would treat a stranger he's suddenly stuck with for 4 months any better? As @Adeejay pointed out, he said he was looking forward to rejecting women on the apps because it makes him feel good. He is a super sarcastic person, so it's likely he was kidding, but it was such a gross thing to say and was another point in the column of him just not being a person who is remotely ready to be in a genuine, loving relationship. I wouldn't want to hang out with him or Olivia. I would hang out with Brett's friend, tho. Yum.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I feel like I won a contest!

I know they were both matched with black women.  What I'm wondering is whether there was any chance they could have been matched with white women--if the contestants are allowed to have non-negotiable terms.  

Pastor Cal addressed this a while back. He says that some black guys come looking for white women but not enough white women come in looking for black men to have a big enough pool to match. I’m pretty sure race can be non-negotiable. Several things should be - religion, children - but they tend to brush past those as if they aren’t dealbreakers in real life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

This episode confirmed my lack of love for Amelia and Bennett throughout the season as I felt that Amelia's quirkiness was forced and to establish how quirky she was compared to others.  Her quirkiness would be the most quirkiest quirkiness that ever existed!  I'm glad that she revealed that she wanted to be on (reality) t.v. as it puts her persona into perspective.  It also seemed to me that at times she was competitive with Bennett about who was actually the most quirky.  Her telling Bennett why she wanted to be married at first sight revealed who she is while simultaneously breaking Bennett's heart (or so it appeared).  I was actually not happy when she pursued the "flip a coin" in response to Bennett asking what her decision would be, but when she added this other info it just turned me off completely (and I had consistently not been a fan during the season).

Some posters have written about Christina being the worst person this season, and, while I agree that she definitely has issues, I would nominate Amelia as being worse than Christina as Amelia never thought through the long-term consequences of her actions.  For her, it was a lark that had an end date-especially as she "has" to leave due to her residency assignment.  If she left someone broken-hearted behind her, she would not be there to deal with the ramifications.  I think that Christina truly wanted to be married even though her personality and false image of marriage took a toll on her spouse.

I agree with others that Miles should leave Karen.  He has been clear as to who he is and it seems that Karen continually rejects him or shows a lot of respect for who he is.  Earlier in the season I asked if anyone had found the videos that Karen saw and didn't like, but it seems like nobody has found them.

My heart is happy when I watch Amani and Woody.  Loved his grandmother and her words to him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, essexjan said:

OMG, where to start with this.

Brett's friend just called Brett out as being a huge douche on national TV, saying Brett's treated him like shit in the past and so he's not surprised at how things turned out. I'm not a massive fan of Olivia, but that girl dodged a bullet for sure.

I watched less than an hour...

Brett came back on the show just to assure everyone that he is a self-centered jerk of epic proportions. This is the kind of guy who'd walk right by an old lady who fell out of her wheel chair and would offer a perfectly rational logical reason why he walked by. I suggest he get more cats and save for a programmable female robot. Olivia will be fine she'll meet a well to do professional and go to every Saints game.

Karen is sadly mixed up. On the one hand she says she wants Miles to show his real self to her but at the same time she wants to dictate who that real self should be. That's not who he really is. He's being the man he really is. On two occasions she brought up the fact she's married to a black man. I'm confused didn't she know that? Didn't she request that? Is she prejudiced?

Christina is baffling to say the least. She is a chameleon going from a child, princess, spoiled brat, nymph to a diva. She attracts and repels. Henry is sympathetic when she cries but he isn't taken in by it. Clearly Henry is waiting for the decision day off ramp coming on on the right. He has compassion I think he's sorry for her but doesn't want any part of her drama. Is probably sickened by this whole thing and wondering why the hell he did it.

I think two couples will remain married...

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I understand siding with Brett in the "who is at fault for this disaster of a marriage" game, but do you really think he's coming off as a good guy? You don't think it might do him a bit of good to get a swift kick in the jibblies? I do not blame him one bit for not wanting to be with ole sourpuss, but to me he comes across as a real shitheel, and his friend even said that he has been a dick to him in the past. If he treats his friends like crap, why would anyone think he would treat a stranger he's suddenly stuck with for 4 months any better? As @Adeejay pointed out, he said he was looking forward to rejecting women on the apps because it makes him feel good. He is a super sarcastic person, so it's likely he was kidding, but it was such a gross thing to say and was another point in the column of him just not being a person who is remotely ready to be in a genuine, loving relationship. I wouldn't want to hang out with him or Olivia. I would hang out with Brett's friend, tho. Yum.

You make many valid points. I think he's joking most of the time when he says stuff like that. And as far as why anyone would think he would treat a stranger better, we have, from Olivia's own mouth, the admission that Brett without the cameras is "a nice guy". I think this persona is a put on for the cameras in many ways, especially since he has no reason to play their game since they clearly gave him a mismatch on purpose.

I realize that many here think he's an asshole. I just don't. He seemed willing to be affectionate to Olivia and she was not willing to respond in kind. If they had matched him with someone who wanted the same things and didn't mind his sarcasm, I don't know, but I think he could have been successful. I think early on after the wedding he came across as mature and thoughtful. The sarcasm ratcheted up as the honeymoon progressed as he realized they were massively mismatched. I take it as, well, the producers and experts clearly didn't give a shit, so why should I? His ex cheated on him, and here is another woman basically telling him he's not good enough. Alrighty then..........

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

And as far as why anyone would think he would treat a stranger better, we have, from Olivia's own mouth, the admission that Brett without the cameras is "a nice guy".

I always got the impression he was just trying to get some. This may be completely untrue, and he's truly a gentle soul when the cameras are off, but he had been having a steady stream of one night stands prior to getting married, so I figured he was trying to at least get laid while trapped in lock down, even if he didn't see a future with her. But you're right - he must have had some good qualities for her to even consider getting back together with him if he expressed an interest.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I always got the impression he was just trying to get some. This may be completely untrue, and he's truly a gentle soul when the cameras are off, but he had been having a steady stream of one night stands prior to getting married, so I figured he was trying to at least get laid while trapped in lock down, even if he didn't see a future with her. But you're right - he must have had some good qualities for her to even consider getting back together with him if he expressed an interest.

In fairness, I think he said he had a steady stream of dates - not that he slept with all of them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I'll be right there beside you dodging tomatoes because I feel the same: I'm Team Brett.  Brett says outrageous things in a deadpan manner and I think he is hysterically funny.  Everything he says has a sarcastic bent to it and is said as humor.  Or at least that's how I take it.  My best friend and I have a similar sense of humor as Brett and we'll go out and be sarcastic and snarky and laugh so hard we'll be crying.  If I were to say the same things to another close friend, she would be frowning and semi-offended.   I have a t shirt that has a picture of Stalin on it and the words, "Dark humor is like food.  Not everybody gets it." ( ---Stalin infamously starved the Russian people twice. Had to look that one up.)  OK, I'll slink back to my table for one, reserved under the heading,  "Table for All Who Appreciate Brett's Humor."

Edited by rebel2u
  • Love 14