Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: Pack Your Bags!

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I understand siding with Brett in the "who is at fault for this disaster of a marriage" game, but do you really think he's coming off as a good guy? You don't think it might do him a bit of good to get a swift kick in the jibblies? I do not blame him one bit for not wanting to be with ole sourpuss, but to me he comes across as a real shitheel, and his friend even said that he has been a dick to him in the past. If he treats his friends like crap, why would anyone think he would treat a stranger he's suddenly stuck with for 4 months any better? As @Adeejay pointed out, he said he was looking forward to rejecting women on the apps because it makes him feel good. He is a super sarcastic person, so it's likely he was kidding, but it was such a gross thing to say and was another point in the column of him just not being a person who is remotely ready to be in a genuine, loving relationship. I wouldn't want to hang out with him or Olivia. I would hang out with Brett's friend, tho. Yum.

I detest Brett.  He told his friend that the area below his chin was "uneven."  Passive aggressive nastiness.  His friend was trying to talk to him and Brett came at him with the "you're uneven" shit, knowing the cameras were on them.  He's the type of person who'd say something nasty and sarcastic to someone at a dinner party and think he was being funny.  I think he uses sarcasm to hide his anger and nastiness. 

ChristinA is a real piece of work.  Henry is not prize but I think something is seriously wrong with ChristinA.  I hope Henry confronts her regarding the alleged email.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, rebel2u said:

OK, I'll slink back to my table for one, reserved under the heading,  "Table for All who Appreciate Brett's Humor."

Make that a table for two @rebel2u! I too have a well developed sense of snark, so I think he's funny too. My Grandmother's joking pet name for me when I was younger was smartass. I will forever love him for his swift comeback to Christina's challenge to give a rating on the honeymoon. 😜

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’ll miss our group here when the show ends and love how active and involved everyone is. Wednesdays have been a bright spot in the week. 

Just try to get rid of us...we’ve been promised 6 more seasons of dumpster fires...said with the utmost affection.

• Love 4

Some suggestions for a better season. 

If couples say race doesn't matter then why not match different races? I think the only man who might have had success with Christina is Miles. He'd be happy to accommodate all her needs...and get some!

Two couples with some sort of handicap. This could include couples who are overweight not grotesquely but noticeable.

How about couples with interesting occupations?

Couples in their 40's?

I don't get how they can't strain people out like Christina and Brett.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, suzeecat said:

Poor Henry, got matched with a psycho wife.  Why do all the nicest people on this show get matched with the worst spouses???  Christina really seems one centimeter away from becoming murderous and I would not sleep without at least one locked door between us.  I can't help but wonder if Henry had these ticks before or if Christina brought that out in him.

Why did Karen even do this "experiment"?  She's gorgeous and intelligent/well spoken and although cold and uptight, I would think she gets tons of offers.  Miles is trying too hard and if he played just a little hard to get, Karen would come calling. 

I got a "performance art" vibe from Amelia and Bennett a few episodes back so I I see everything they say and do through that lens.  I hope that they truly do love each other though. 

21 hours ago, endure said:

Brett is so full of himself - WOW!

8 hours ago, MyTwoCents said:

AMEN!!! He is despicable. And ugly. Inside and out. I feel very sorry for the single ladies of New Orleans. Someone should warn them. He is a complete douche in every way.

8 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

They all think marriage is a ride in the park.  Eating out, going to nice places, having meaningful conversation, etc.  hahahaha.  After a big fight after a year, I was in the living room crying my eyes out.  I tip toed into the bedroom and he was snoring away.  I said “ are you sorry”?  He said “sorry”.  I said for what.  He replied “whatever you said I said”.  He went back to sleep.  I thought “is this it?”  Most of the time they have no clue, but ask them the stats ona certain team and they will tell you everything in detail.  Lol.  Sorry you boys.

7 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Miles did seem to be cooling his jets about Karen on this episode which was refreshing. Not that I would wish Christina on anybody but she’d definitely get her love tank filled up if Miles liked her but it may not ever be enough. I can’t believe Christina broke down in tears when Henry said she was a good writer and that’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said to her. What about all the guys who told her how beautiful she was all the time”? She’s got major daddy issues. 
Wonder if she was trying to make her “friend” jealous during their lunch. He seems less than impressed. 

I’ll miss our group here when the show ends and love how active and involved everyone is. Wednesdays have been a bright spot in the week. 

7 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I think all these things are true, but I'd add that I just don't think that Karen is physically attracted to Miles, no matter how much of a "good" guy he is.

5 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I agree that Karen isn’t attracted to Miles. I think his age, his baby face and whatever social media she peeped before the wedding turned her completely off before she even met him. She probably likes him well enough as a friend but she’s looking for something Miles will never be. 

A friend of mine told me that after a decade of marriage his wife confessed that she wanted a different type of relationship. He never specified but she wanted him to be aggressive in a way that made him uncomfortable. They eventually divorced over this. He said it just wasn’t in him to treat a woman that way.

My feeling with Miles and Karen is that they may stay together after the experiment is over and the cameras are gone but how long will it last if she can’t give him what he needs and he isn’t the type of man she says she wants? I think it’s be better to pull a Brett and end it now.

This is going to sound horrible. Miles is a great guy and I hope he finds a woman who appreciates him. However, I would not be physically attracted to him either. His cute doughy demeanor is just not my thing but I am also not waiting for a man "to put me in my place" either.

I would imagine Karen would be physically attracted to Miles friend this episode (Blake?) who was a more conventionally handsome guy.

The difference is that I did not sign up to be on a reality show to be matched with a stranger of other people's (who are of dubious reputation at best) choosing.

If I was matched up with Miles, I would work hard to overcome my own stupid prejudices. I would be thankful for his good qualities and be grateful that I was not matched up with an asshole or jerk.

4 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Brett said that he couldn't wait to start rejecting women and was actually looking forward to it.  At that point, his friend should have laughed, because knowing Brett, he knew that he was being sarcastic.  However, his friend looked uncomfortable and didn't seem the least bit amused.  

The cracks are beginning to show in Amelia and Bennett's relationship.  Last week, he didn't mention her in the letter to his 9 year old self and this week, she made a point of telling him that she did this as a farce and would have like whomever they matched her with.  I hate to say this, but I give them three years, max. 

4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

My UO.

IMO a person's character has nothing to do with them being "well spoken," it has nothing to do with bizarre outfits (that Amelia loved to wear, especially on her head).  That tells me nothing about either person's character. 

ChristinA is well spoken, she wears nice clothes but to me, her character is not good.  I remember when she said that Henry didn't seem to have confidence, and then in the next breath said how she needs a man with confidence.  Sometimes I feel she's thisclose from being abusive to Henry.  

I don't get it when people say they can't understand Woody.  I understand everything he says, even without the captioning.  Maybe I have better ears?  

What happened to me is that in the early 80's, I dated a man who seemed very intelligent and sophisticated, until the day we went to a restaurant and the food wasn't to his liking.  He went to nut city and was VERY rude to the wait staff AND kitchen staff.  BTW, he was well spoken and dressed well.  But his attitude told me everything I needed to know about him, and the relationship went to way of the Dodo bird quickly.

Oh, and I loved the tee shirt Woody was wearing when he met with his grandmother.

3 hours ago, Mean Jeanne said:

I’ve thought Brett was fugly from day one, doesn’t appeal to me a bit. Definitely has an overinflated view of his own desirability.

Felt so bad for Bennett, you could see on his face how taken aback he was by Amelia’s reasons for being on the show. I’ve never been convinced she’s in love, seems rather detached to me. Seems more concerned with her reality “star” persona.

Am I the only one who feels a little sorry for Christina? Yes I think she’s disturbed to say the least, but is totally oblivious of it.

The nod to MAFS Australia (stay, leave) made me smile. I LOVE the format of that show, it’s ten times more entertaining than the US version. Are you listening TLC?

Christina is breaking out the tears because she she truthfully did something horrible to Henry and now SHE WANTS to play the victim.

She did not expect for Henry to call her bluff on camera and now she will cry about how "she was forced to make up the lie" because no one but grandpa ever really loved her. Or she will double down on the lie and say that Henry is closeted but she will never produce the text "out of respect for the other person's privacy". She is a nasty piece of work.

She is one of those women who probably thinks she can cry or flirt her way out of any trouble because she is so attractive (rolls eyes).

2 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I understand siding with Brett in the "who is at fault for this disaster of a marriage" game, but do you really think he's coming off as a good guy? You don't think it might do him a bit of good to get a swift kick in the jibblies? I do not blame him one bit for not wanting to be with ole sourpuss, but to me he comes across as a real shitheel, and his friend even said that he has been a dick to him in the past. If he treats his friends like crap, why would anyone think he would treat a stranger he's suddenly stuck with for 4 months any better? As @Adeejay pointed out, he said he was looking forward to rejecting women on the apps because it makes him feel good. He is a super sarcastic person, so it's likely he was kidding, but it was such a gross thing to say and was another point in the column of him just not being a person who is remotely ready to be in a genuine, loving relationship. I wouldn't want to hang out with him or Olivia. I would hang out with Brett's friend, tho. Yum.

Brett's friend was awesome!

I know Brett has a wicked deadpan sense of humor (which I can appreciate) but I think I figured out what I find off putting about him.

New Orleans is one of my favorite places in the nation. However, it has been reported that all that good food combined with a laid back lifestyle can lead to one of the worst obesity problems in the country.

Brett has stated that he never has to pay for dates because women line up to pay for his company. I remember when Olivia rated their marriage a 7, how shocked and hurt he looked. 

I also remembered how Brett looked like an Adonis compared to his brothers.

My guess it that Brett has never had to compromise because he has never has had to...if one women does not agree with him...there are three more that will happily take her place.

He is a New Orleans 10 but an average anywhere else. 

I am not blaming the marriage issue on him...they were not suited for each other, but he should have said it to her face, at least off camera.

I imagine he thought this show would be a fun experience and the 25K they supposedly offer to participants for 8 weeks (before the pandemic) would be a lot of money to a tightwad like himself.

I am also not saying that New Orleans does not have handsome men. However, Brett's height, muscles, and wry bravado probably put him in better standing with the ladies than sweet Henry (who is better looking than Brett).

Maybe, Karen wants an African American version of Brett "to put her in her place"?

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

The coaches, producers, whatever, have never been known to comply with people’s preferences. Its like they are pulling people out of hat as matches sometimes though. I think there will be two couples left as well  

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that incorrect grammar is a character flaw, just an observation. 

• Love 3

So Amelia had a hankerin' to be on Reality TV, eh? No doubt she also wanted her stint, should she ever be chosen,  to be memorable; hence the wacky bridesmaids in masks and on unicycles; hence the singing; hence the Tarot reading, big -@ss crown, etc. Is Amelia fond of Bennett? Sure! But will Dr. Amelia be happy with....what is it again Tiny Shed Bennett does?

I think Karen wants a Black James Bond, not a Black Mr. Rogers. You know we all love the latter, but we don't looooove him, YKWIM? And we might actually loathe the former, but we still might be willing to looooove  him, heh. (Why yes, I DO realize I'm alluding to a deceased human and a fictional character!)

I found myself losing some affection for Amani and to a lesser extent Woody for their language. They have been, to my recollection, the only ones to need "bleep."

Henry's gal-pal didn't like ChristinA from the git-go, she said. I'd bet it was ChristinA's round face and double chin. FoH didn't want to welcome a "fattie" into the coven. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I’m not as convinced that Karen really wants a man to lead her or put her in her place, but she doesn’t want Miles. 

I'm reminded of Monet, from the first season, who was matched with Vaughn after describing the traditional kind of man that she wanted.  Then once she experienced the constellation of traits that went along with such a person, she realized it wasn't really what she wanted.  I think that Karen wants the positives that she perceives from a man who leads or puts her in her place, without giving thought to the negatives that often go along with it...and even though it seems that's she already had the negatives with her ex, maybe she didn't really learn.

3 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

But you're right - he must have had some good qualities for her to even consider getting back together with him if he expressed an interest.

IIRC, she simply said she would listen if Brett expressed an interest in getting back together.  I take that to mean more out of politeness than genuine interest.

2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I detest Brett.  He told his friend that the area below his chin was "uneven."  Passive aggressive nastiness.  His friend was trying to talk to him and Brett came at him with the "you're uneven" shit, knowing the cameras were on them.  He's the type of person who'd say something nasty and sarcastic to someone at a dinner party and think he was being funny.  I think he uses sarcasm to hide his anger and nastiness. 

...and to hide his insecurity.  I think that's why when his friend asked what he had learned, he replied with a light-hearted answer about production and covid.  And when his friend pressed, and asked specifically if he had learned anything about himself, he sarcasmed it away because examining his shortcomings is too painful.

• Love 13

Bennett's friend drank enough haterade for all of Louisiana. I'm side eyeing Amelia a little now that she said she thought it would be fun to be on a reality show.

Where did Christina find her friend at Friends R' Us? He seemed to know absolutely nothing about her. Christina lives in an alternate reality. She torpedoed her marriage with her rudeness, lies and accusations , but somehow thinks there's hope. Henry’s as cold and distant as Antarctica right now and with good reasons.

Karen continues to get the frigid edit. She and Miles will be just fine. 

Spoiler

Karen's recent interview was posted on Reddit. She bought Miles an anniversary gift and gave him massages in quarantine.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I hope the A/B thing was just the editing monkeys effing with us.  If she breaks his heart she is going to be on the fan-wankers most wanted list.  I hope to see them on next years' couples cam - with Bennett home with their babies and Amelia coming home with take out veggie LoMein.

I think ChristinA just realized she was not going to get the Kate edit, no matter how bad she tried to fake us out in thinking Henry was another Puke.  Sorry, sis.   We watched Kate.  We cried with Kate. You, missy,  are no KATE.

Hoping Woody and the oh so amazingly calm and lovely Amani are OK.

Karen and Miles...  no clue.  I am just wondering what the dickens she saw on his SM that put her off so badly.

Nothing to say about Brett and Olivia.  They can both just go back to their cats and that will be enough from them.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I always got the impression he was just trying to get some. 

I agree.  I believe Brett was nice when the cameras were gone, because he wanted to get some. It worked for Nick with Sonia (Miami) and Luke with Kate (Philly).  His friend said that “as a friend, he is thoughtless, unreasonable and unbending.” In other words, a real jerk.  I could not be friends with someone like that. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Wasn't a mask to be seen! 

The only mask was on the sever that brought out Armani and Woody's food. 

The rest of them acted liked COVID was over after last week's episode.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

She had time for this show?  If he goes to Virginia, he will be alone a lot with no friends.  She shouldn’t have joined this show knowing that.  I think it was selfish of her.  He should have a long distance relationship for the two years of her residency.  Then he’ll know if he can’t live without her.  Or, he can flyuoo here n there to spend some time with her.  Fly up back there.

I think he said he was planning to continue to live in both places to his friends which might be up in the air now.

• Love 3

8 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I agree with whoever said Amani's eye rolls could get old. Most of the time I like her but sometimes she's just annoying. He barely contained his eye roll when she said "that's deep", yet again. She seems to talk down a bit, was pushy about the dog (beyond play talk, I felt, & dogs are a lot of work says this new puppy owner), & has been a busy body this season - although that could've been production coached as well (hopefully). Woody still seems enamored with her & with marriage, but he expressed concern he may lose patience with little things that bother him. Wishing them the best though.

I can imagine a scenario where Woody gets tired of Amani not because he's still a player, but because he's just tired. Tired of being forced to have a dog he doesn't want. Tired of her "jokes" when he is serious about how much he cares about her. Tired of being told he can't have a wall of hats in their home.

7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm curious--is race something the contestants can say is non-negotiable?  I've wondered about the "black love" stuff, and how that would be awkward if either Miles or Woody (both of whom have displayed slogans) had been matched with a white woman.

There's a show on BET called Black Love. A few of the couples were interracial.  

One might be attracted to people of a variety of races and also not up for being the only person of ones race at gatherings with the in-laws and/or the partners friend group. 

Folks who have a preference but might be open would probably do better on a MAFS Honeymoon Island or MAFS Second Chances where they have some say in the choice over having the experts pair a Brett with an Amani. Even though that would have been a fascinating paring. 

5 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

On two occasions she brought up the fact she's married to a black man. I'm confused didn't she know that? Didn't she request that? Is she prejudiced?

According to her Lifetime.com bio, Karen has been single for five years. Some of us are more afraid than we were five years ago. Some of us are more afraid than we were last year. As a black woman who never had negative experience with police while growing up in a city with a scandal-prone police force, it doesn't surprise me that current times cause Karen to worry more about her husband, a sensitive, young, large black man than she would worry about herself. 

3 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I think the only man who might have had success with Christina is Miles. He'd be happy to accommodate all her needs...and get some!

Considering how Miles' mother told Karen she could send him back, it would have been fascinating to see her reaction to Christina. However, due to her history of lying, and  the danger it could pose to Miles, I'm more opposed to a Miles/Christina paring than to a Miles/Karen pairing. If an interracial paring is the goal, he might be fine with Olivia. Surely, he'd be open to Saints games and occasional travel. 

• Love 4
On 10/21/2020 at 9:21 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Christina declaring how deeply loved she’s been in the past is complete bullshit and her dad laughing when she said she’s not needy was hilarious.

That’s not her dad. It’s literally a random dude with a British accent she picked off the street. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, rebel2u said:

I'll be right there beside you dodging tomatoes because I feel the same: I'm Team Brett. 

Team Brett here too! Ever since I read all his Reddit posts (which have since been deleted by the show police) I grew to like him. Now I get his sarcasm and style a lot more than I did at first. I find Olivia just dull and annoying. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ShowFan said:

Actually, with global warming, I’d say Henry is way colder than Antarctica 

I needed that laugh. Thank you 

2 hours ago, ShowFan said:

Team Brett here too! Ever since I read all his Reddit posts (which have since been deleted by the show police) I grew to like him. Now I get his sarcasm and style a lot more than I did at first. I find Olivia just dull and annoying. 

I'm also team Brett. I grew to like his sarcastic sense of humor.  I wish the show police would have left his Reddit posts alone.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I get what he was saying - that their relationship hasn't really been tested yet, but that's not exactly fair to expect that when they've only known each other for 4 months, and two of those were spend in quarantine. It's actually pretty stupid. They got more time than any other couples in the history of the show. If they still want to stay together on Decision Day, why should this guy poo poo that? Wouldn't the smart choice be to stay together and see where it goes? It doesn't mean they are now obligated to stay together forever if they change their mind!

Isn't being together in quarantine during global pandemic a test itself? People everywhere sick and dying. Add on the top the shit going on in White house and the protests for racial justice. How you deal with all these situations will definitely show your partner who you are. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

What is Bennett pulling from the waist of his yellow pantaloons that causes Pepper to leap to her feet?

Probably nothing she hasn't seen hundreds of times before. 😉

You can make that 3.  Anyone who cares for animals is okay in my book.  

Sorry, but pet peeve of mine - in my personal experience many people of otherwise questionable character care deeply for animals.  Someone who has a friend who knows him more than just from a teevee show telling the world the guy is a jerk is a better gauge, at least for me.

I think a lot of the folks liking Brett's sarcastic 'humor' would get tired of it real quick if around him for any length of time, especially after he uses it to insult you or otherwise ignore your feelings. His friend didn't even look thrilled to be there with him, particularly after Brett insulted him on TV- which I agree with others is an insecurity issue. Brett's friend was way more TV ready so needed to be knocked down a peg or two by the quip-master himself.

As for his Reddit posts, he was manipulating as damage control much of the season, when no one else did. It's mostly backfired now there anyway, & I'm glad he was deleted. I am glad his cat has a good home though.

That said I wouldn't hang with Olivia either. I've wavered here & there, but am solidly staying in the middle of the bench. 🙂

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Probably nothing she hasn't seen hundreds of times before. 😉

Sorry, but pet peeve of mine - in my personal experience many people of otherwise questionable character care deeply for animals.  Someone who has a friend who knows him more than just from a teevee show telling the world the guy is a jerk is a better gauge, at least for me.

I think a lot of the folks liking Brett's sarcastic 'humor' would get tired of it real quick if around him for any length of time, especially after he uses it to insult you or otherwise ignore your feelings. His friend didn't even look thrilled to be there with him, particularly after Brett insulted him on TV- which I agree with others is an insecurity issue. Brett's friend was way more TV ready so needed to be knocked down a peg or two by the quip-master himself.

As for his Reddit posts, he was manipulating as damage control much of the season, when no one else did. It's mostly backfired now there anyway, & I'm glad he was deleted. I am glad his cat has a good home though.

That said I wouldn't hang with Olivia either. I've wavered here & there, but am solidly staying in the middle of the bench. 🙂

Well, his friend could have been just as manipulated as the rest of this show is. As in edited, coached, etc.  

As I've said elsewhere, if you think Brett is a villain, than you do.  Nothing I am allowed post on this forum will change your mind. Is he a difficult person?  Possibly. But I don't think he's the awful person that the show (and JamieO) have made him out to be. Pragmatic maybe. 

And he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't re: his Reddit post and Tweets. 

And I care deeply for animals but not to cover up my myriad character flaws. 😉 Just because animals are far easier to love sometimes. 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Well, his friend could have been just as manipulated as the rest of this show is. As in edited, coached, etc.  

Well then he's certainly no friend, at least not anymore...

47 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

And I care deeply for animals but not to cover up my myriad character flaws. 😉 Just because animals are far easier to love sometimes. 

Never said he was covering for anything, as he seems to put it all out there. It's certainly not everyone, but sometimes people equate animal lover with great person, & that's just not always the case.

But yes, I agree animals are often far easier to love.

ETA: I'm sure Brett's kitty is way more lovable than him. 😉

Edited by gonecrackers
clarification
1 minute ago, gonecrackers said:

Well then he's certainly no friend, at least not anymore...

Never said he was covering for anything, just that those who love animals are not always the greatest folks, as that's been my experience. It's certainly not everyone. But sometimes people equate animal lover with great person, & that's just not always the case.

And yes, I agree animals are often far easier to love.

Actually, they have very little control over what gets put up on the screen. Brett's friend looked uncomfortable and nervous to me.  I'm sure you would say that it was because he'd uncomfortable around Brett, but perhaps he was just uncomfortable with the narrative he was given. 

The only "genuine" conversation, possibly, was the one between Woody and his grandmother. She seemed at ease in front of the cameras. 

It's a reality tv show. I swear I'm not going to watch it, and I didn't for the last two seasons, but for some reason, this season hooked me in, and now I'm more disappointed than ever in the amount of machinations used to put the show together.  Disappointed in myself, I am.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that incorrect grammar is a character flaw, just an observation. 

Well, in the real world, at least in my professional occupation, it is much more than an observation. I managed a team and one woman, who was 50, had terrible grammar. While I couldn't start correcting her, I did have to edit her work before it went to our customer and I never allowed her to give a formal presentation, as it would reflect on our team/department. So maybe not a character flaw, but definitely more than an observation.

Regarding the Karen/Miles spoiler above, that is just MEAN of her to

Spoiler

give him a massage and then not take it to the next level. Miles  deserves much better (and no way would be a partner for either ChristinA or Olivia!) 

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Actually, they have very little control over what gets put up on the screen. Brett's friend looked uncomfortable and nervous to me.  I'm sure you would say that it was because he'd uncomfortable around Brett, but perhaps he was just uncomfortable with the narrative he was given. 

He was probably also a little uncomfortable and nervous that he allowed himself to get talked into sitting maskless at a restaurant less than 6 feet away from someone who is not a part of his household during a pandemic just so he could be on tv. I enjoyed looking at and listening to him 1000x more than Brett, though, so thank you for your service, sir.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, ShowFan said:

That’s not her dad. It’s literally a random dude with a British accent she picked off the street. 

I thought of something like that because the dude seemed clueless about her and her situation and personality.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ava111 said:

Isn't being together in quarantine during global pandemic a test itself? People everywhere sick and dying. Add on the top the shit going on in White house and the protests for racial justice. How you deal with all these situations will definitely show your partner who you are. 

Yeah, I agree. I doubt Henry and Christina are together anymore (at least I hope not), but if they are, odds are excellent that Christina, who is a flight attendant, was either laid off (and unemployment benefits are a disaster right now) or is dealing with survivor's guilt because she's still working and she's seen colleagues laid off. That's very stressful. Bennett can't really work either - he said as much. If/when he moves to VA, he'll be dealing with not working and having a much smaller support system, which is a huge strain even if Amelia can support them financially. Amelia is starting a new job, which is stressful even if it's a job you're excited about - but her job is as a health care provider during a pandemic so that's a ton of stress. I think Woody, Amari, and Miles all work in education which is incredibly strained this fall trying to figure out virtual learning, trying to support kids who don't have access to virtual learning, and trying to keep people safe if schools are re-opened. Karen, Amelia, and Olivia all work in health care so things are really hard for them - Amelia and Olivia are almost certainly dealing with COVID patients, and Karen said she's working crazy hours and is stressed out. I think Henry works on the business side of health care like Karen so his hours are likely longer. Brett is the only one whose day to day and livelihood might not be affected by the pandemic; I'd think a government IT job is pretty stable (and that's probably one of its biggest selling points), but quarantining and the threat of a deadly virus is stressful for us all.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ava111 said:

These things are for sure stressors, but not on a personal level that tests their relationship. Sometimes, it's hard to even know what that might be. My husband and I get along great. We have weathered joblessness, moving, sickness and death of a parent, and child birth and rearing. But parenting a special needs preteen and then teenage kid has strained our relationship in a way I never saw coming. This was 17 years into our marriage! For Bennett and Amelia, it might not be today or tomorrow but some time down the road circumstances will arise that they have to face that causes an unraveling of their relationship and that will be the test. But four months together and two spent in a quarantine bubble during the honeymoon phase is not really a test. Perhaps her residency moving was a first test, but they passed that one fine with little drama and some compromise......

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Well, in the real world, at least in my professional occupation, it is much more than an observation. I managed a team and one woman, who was 50, had terrible grammar. While I couldn't start correcting her, I did have to edit her work before it went to our customer and I never allowed her to give a formal presentation, as it would reflect on our team/department. So maybe not a character flaw, but definitely more than an observation.

Regarding the Karen/Miles spoiler above, that is just MEAN of her to

Reveal spoiler

give him a massage and then not take it to the next level. Miles  deserves much better (and no way would be a partner for either ChristinA or Olivia!) 

I didn’t realize MAFS was a professional setting but okay. 

• LOL 2
17 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I think Karen wants a Black James Bond, not a Black Mr. Rogers. You know we all love the latter, but we don't looooove him, YKWIM? And we might actually loathe the former, but we still might be willing to looooove  him, heh. (Why yes, I DO realize I'm alluding to a deceased human and a fictional character!)

I think you got it.  

I listened to Karen again yesterday and I think I understood exactly what she wants.  She wants to let Miles know that she's not one of these black women who grew up seeing women do everything because there were no men around, she wants Miles to carry his share of the load.  

• Love 1

I just don’t understand why Miles has told her many times he needs more affection , kissing etc and at the end of their convo , she just says ok and then the scene ends with no kisses , not even a peck . How could you live alone with someone for 4 months and you’re still not showing them any more affection than you did the second week unless you’re just flat out not into them at all . I just don’t see why she would want to stay married to him or why he would want to at this point . If you aren’t getting affection at this point , you never will . 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

It's interesting to me that two women (within a short period of one other editing-wise) said that they want a man to "put [me] in [my] place." I believe they're looking for that "je ne sais quoi" in a man. An alpha that will also be romantic, respectful  and a provider (as needed), protector, and provide you with that passion. The closest I can think off top of my head is Bobby from 2 seasons ago with Danielle. He had it. The respectful nature but also the way to be in charge where she fell short (even if she didn't like or appreciate it at the time). 

You can not really become that if you're not already there by now. I think plug will be pulled soon on the Miles /Karen union. 

Henry "holding in his laughter" when ChristinA was going on about how they're both "good people " and all that nonsense she was spewing.

• Love 4

I'm watching a previous episode.  Brett's humor isn't harmless snark, it's nastiness.  "OH your bathroom is SOOOOO PINK." 

"Oh, anybody who RENTS is throwing their money away!"  Just an insensitive jerk.  

He needs to go live in the wilds of Alaska where he can be with his true love, himself.

I have a question about ChristinA.  Did she give a fake address when she applied for this show?  Where was she really living in NOLA?  Did she actually apply from California?  She lied to Henry about where she lived, she probably lied to the producers as well.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I didn’t realize MAFS was a professional setting but okay. 

Of course it's not, but I was just staying that there IS a place where grammar and punctuation are important. Obviously, not for reality TV, but I do wonder if these people can just "turn on" correct grammar. I don't think so. My point was that how people present themselves makes an impression - positive or negative.

31 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Did she give a fake address when she applied for this show?  Where was she really living in NOLA?  

I think she said she was living in a BnB when she first got there, so maybe that is where they went through her drawers?

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I don't have a problem understanding Woody.  As a matter of fact, he is the only one who speaks with a "nawlins" accent.  The others sound like transplants.  New Orleans is one of my favorite cities to visit.  There is always something going on.  I love the food and the culture.  And, I am a sucker for the way they speak. "Yah heard meh". 

I've heard people from Louisiana speak, not all from New Orleans, and I had no trouble understanding them (and they understood me as well, lol).  The difference was that they didn't talk fast and mumble like Woody.  So, to me, it's just Woody.

• Love 4

2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

These things are for sure stressors, but not on a personal level that tests their relationship. 

Responses to the stressors can test relationships. If one parter is very worried about contracting COVID and minimizing even limited socially-distanced contact with people outside the home and the other partner is taking road trips and socializing with numerous friends and family, it might test the relationship. 

2 hours ago, cardigirl said:

There's never a wrong setting for proper grammar. 😉 

If "proper grammar" has currency in all the spaces one navigates, this is true. For some of us, the ability to authentically deviate from so-called proper grammar when the time and place calls for it is a valuable life skill.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who noticed (and guffawed) that on Unfiltered, Pastor Cal called ChristinA ChristinE.  😂

I noticed...like Henry and the rest of us, Cal has ceased caring more than 2 f*cks about ChristinA

• Love 3
On 10/22/2020 at 3:02 PM, gonecrackers said:

I don't believe she's contrite about anything. She's a very, very bad actress, a liar, a bully, & apparently, a blackmailer. IMO she's tied for the worst in show award (with violent Ryan, season 2) - that's pretty damn bad. 

I respectfully disagree. Christina is not the worst person I've ever seen on the show. She has a lot of issues, yes, but at the wedding and on the honeymoon, she tried to hard to engage Henry. The two of them repeatedly did activities that he was afraid of because he'd never done them before--including sliding in the mud. Come on, Henry? You're scared of sliding through ankle-deep mud? And she worked hard to be patient and open-minded, even when she was probably annoyed. Henry was scared to death of everything, and he refused to engage in conversation with her. I understand why Christina was frustrated. Henry never should have been accepted as a contestant on this show. 

Even if he wasn't attracted to her, that was no excuse not to try to have a conversation with your spouse. 

Is she a peach? No. Absolutely not. But I refuse to give Christina 100% of the blame for their incompatibility. They were a bad match. The producers knew it and wanted drama for the show. I feel sorry for both of them. 

On 10/21/2020 at 9:50 PM, PupCal said:

It's obvious Woody's saying all that 'cause he's starting to/already fall(en) for you, dumbass,

Why wouldn't Amani say anything nice back to Woody? That bugged me. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, topanga said:

I respectfully disagree. Christina is not the worst person I've ever seen on the show. She has a lot of issues, yes, but at the wedding and on the honeymoon, she tried to hard to engage Henry. The two of them repeatedly did activities that he was afraid of because he'd never done them before--including sliding in the mud. Come on, Henry? You're scared of sliding through ankle-deep mud? And she worked hard to be patient and open-minded, even when she was probably annoyed. Henry was scared to death of everything, and he refused to engage in conversation with her. I understand why Christina was frustrated. Henry never should have been accepted as a contestant on this show. 

Even if he wasn't attracted to her, that was no excuse not to try to have a conversation with your spouse. 

Is she a peach? No. Absolutely not. But I refuse to give Christina 100% of the blame for their incompatibility. They were a bad match. The producers knew it and wanted drama for the show. I feel sorry for both of them. 

I have agreed with all of that throughout the season right up until the whole "gay blackmail" thing. I don't care how awkward or difficult Henry is - no one deserves to be treated like that. Over and above the blackmail aspect, which by itself is bonkers enough, the fact that she thinks the idea of his possibly being gay is something he should be so ashamed of that he would be willing to do whatever she wanted not to be exposed is hideous. If she really just wanted to trick him into staying, she could have easily said a woman told her she was having an affair with him. However, she seems to think that the gay angle is so awful that he would have no choice but to bend to her will. Disgusting. I agree that they were a run of the mill terrible match for good drama from day one, but that whole incident puts her way at the bottom of the barrel for me.

• Love 14