Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: Pack Your Bags!

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, pdlinda said:

I thought of something like that because the dude seemed clueless about her and her situation and personality.

Bald guy with British accent did look clueless and I would think production just picked up some random dude off the street as someone else here suggested, but he was at ChristinA's friends party early on and from what I recall he was with an older woman whom I thought was his wife. Perhaps she knows him from the airlines?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I've heard people from Louisiana speak, not all from New Orleans, and I had no trouble understanding them (and they understood me as well, lol).  The difference was that they didn't talk fast and mumble like Woody.  So, to me, it's just Woody.

I don't think Woody mumbles at all.

2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I think she said she was living in a BnB when she first got there, so maybe that is where they went through her drawers?

So, it's not a requirement that the participants live in the city where they are filming?  ChristinA lied to Henry at the reception about where she lived.

I don't know about the gay/blackmail email.  It's kind of like Michael and Meeka.  What's true, what isn't?  Hopefully Henry will bring it up during decision day because right now he's the only one talking about it. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2

I'm struggling to see how Miles is ALOT like people keep saying. Yes, he can be a bit silly and joke around but Woody and Amani are the same way. They also have balance that in that can jokey joke but also talk about serious things and listen to each other. Miles keeps talking to a wall verbally and she doesn't seem like much a fun person either so I would label her as a lot and not him.

I also think we've been watching Miles not as Miles but as Miles trying to feel out and understand his wife for months. He can't totally be himself or a more calmer Miles. He basically said as much in their last discussion.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 12

20 hours ago, OnTime said:

The only mask was on the sever that brought out Armani and Woody's food. 

The rest of them acted liked COVID was over after last week's episode.

I kept wondering whether the producers pressed them to not wear masks or talk about Covid so that the audience would be enjoying the episode. I think they totally misread that of course we want to see them do Covid friendly activities. One of the problems they had with Brett was he didn't like to go along with what they wanted on camera and I think TPTB did have a dislike of him. My impression was that he really read the contract and he used any loopholes that he could. He made a pact early with Olivia not to talk about their sexual relationship on or off camera. While it's not against the so-called rules it's definitely not what production wanted.  No there's a reason why he was only on the preshow once. Also another reason why Christina was only on the preshow once as far as I can remember. I think they're different reasons but I don't think that it was just that Woody and BENNETT were more fun.

5 hours ago, pdlinda said:

I thought of something like that because the dude seemed clueless about her and her situation and personality.

I thought he knew that Christina was delusional and or out of touch with who she really is. Why seem to be smirking now that could just be good editing but I thought this guy knew Christina pretty well in terms of what her character and personality is.

5 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

These things are for sure stressors, but not on a personal level that tests their relationship.

! For Bennett and Amelia, it might not be today or tomorrow but some time down the road circumstances will arise that they have to face that causes an unraveling of their relationship and that will be the test. But four months together and two spent in a quarantine bubble during the honeymoon phase is not really a test. Perhaps her residency moving was a first test, but they passed that one fine with little drama and some compromise......

• Love 3

I’m still curious about Amelia saying she would have been fine with any one she was matched with. Does this mean she would have been less quirky if she were matched with Henry or Brett? I find it hard to believe, unless she knew ahead of time that Bennett was quirky and adjusted accordingly. Arriving to the wedding with the weird veiled bridesmaids and the unicycle wouldn’t work with most guys. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I don’t usually get my heart broken on this show but when Amelia told Bennett she was there because she wanted to be on a reality show a few tears slid down my cheeks. 

I really thought those two had found each other!  Now I think Amelia did it for the $25,000 to pay down her student loans and Bennett will be left with a broken heart and maybe never trust again!

How could she do that?

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I still think both Bennett and Amelia signed up as a "why not?" and a chance for a new experience. And they both got way more than they had anticipated and found their soul mates. They are going to be fine. Production antics.

I don't think it's production antics. I think they were both genuine and the reactions were real. But, I don't think anything said in that conversation will break them. Just a minor bump in the road.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Rhiannon Hunter said:

If "proper grammar" has currency in all the spaces one navigates, this is true. For some of us, the ability to authentically deviate from so-called proper grammar when the time and place calls for it is a valuable life skill.

I humbly ask you when someone can authentically deviate from proper subject-verb agreement or pronoun use. No one does it as an authentic choice. It's done because they don't know any better. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I humbly ask you when someone can authentically deviate from proper subject-verb agreement or pronoun use. No one does it as an authentic choice. It's done because they don't know any better. 

For instance, I worked in a grammar sensitive profession and adhered to proper grammar when writing and speaking because of the formal nature of the work.  However, in speaking with friends, texting or writing on message boards, I will use improper grammar for various purposes.  I’m also more careless about punctuation, complete sentences, and the like.   I can say, you be getting on my nerves to soften the message or to be less serious.  In ordinary conversation, my brain automatically notes incorrect grammar in myself and others, so I know the rules but don’t follow them in informal settings.

Most people say, “Aren’t I?” knowing that “I are not” is an incorrect construction, and would not use it formally.

Edited by Stinamaia
  • Love 7
On 10/21/2020 at 11:13 PM, endure said:

Hard to know suddenly where things will go with Amelia and Bennett - surely this would have come up before, that she signed up to be on a reality show. He seemed visibly taken aback and hurt, it was chilling to me and very much altered their dynamic.  But it could all be TV drama too and probably is.

Maybe he will stay in New Orleans, let her go to Virginia and see how it goes .. if he’s smart.  She’s going to be working a lot.  What’s he gonna do?  I don’t know about those two.

• Love 4
On 10/21/2020 at 5:57 PM, Valegro said:

I swear women like Karen never learn. She wants a hypermasculine man to tell her what to do and be in charge

It seems these women want that, until they have one.  Then they complain that he is bossy 

• Love 4
On 10/21/2020 at 7:53 PM, Silver Bells said:

I wonder if he was single.  After four months of living and sleeping together, I’m sure he would know if he cared for her by now.  That jerk was a downer .. and probably was jealous.  He was no friend.

I did agree with what the friend said about not really knowing someone until you've been through something hard together.  I would say being locked down together could qualify.  But also, why give up on something that is working so far just because maybe someday you'll go through something bad and learn something negative about your partner? 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Neurochick said:

"Oh, anybody who RENTS is throwing their money away!"  Just an insensitive jerk.  

That got to me too.  Didn't he say something when they were discussing finances like "Sorry I'm responsible and own a house"?

Yes, having your own home is a worthy goal for many.  But not everyone at all times in their lives.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I just don’t understand why Miles has told her many times he needs more affection , kissing etc and at the end of their convo , she just says ok and then the scene ends with no kisses , not even a peck . How could you live alone with someone for 4 months and you’re still not showing them any more affection than you did the second week unless you’re just flat out not into them at all . I just don’t see why she would want to stay married to him or why he would want to at this point . If you aren’t getting affection at this point , you never will . 

I think the BEST thing Miles can do to test Karen's emotional "waters" is to renounce the marriage on decision day and tell her he wants a divorce.

I think that move would give Miles the POWER in the relationship that he has lacked so far.

I bet she'll be SHOCKED as I truly believe Karen would prefer keeping this farce going forward ON HER OWN TERMS because she's the one who has the power to dictate the emotional terms! 

Once the show ends and the cameras are off  perhaps Karen will realize she has some emotional desire for Miles and will then initiate some contact with him and gladly show him her warmer, affectionate side (if she has one). 

If that doesn't happen, then it's best they part ways as Miles' emotional life is being seriously compromised by Karen's behavior and lack of emotional connection.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I’m still curious about Amelia saying she would have been fine with any one she was matched with. 

IIRC, she said she would probably like anyone she was matched with, and it was said in the context of her being able to get along with the person for the duration of the filming.  She has told Bennett that she loves him, so for however much of that conversation was real vs. producer-initiated, I hope that she went on to make that distinction to him but we didn't get to see it, so the producers could build some 'suspense' for Decision Day.

17 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Another example in addition to Stinamaia's, would be someone who was having a serious sweets craving, and saying, "Me want chocolate!"  Or when someone is being self-deprecating about something stupid they said, and they say "I are smart."

• Love 6

This cast has some doozies in it, that's for sure. I was kind of aghast that both Karen and Christina said they wanted to be "put in their place" by a man. Really? This, coming from presumably educated women in the 21st century? Did they grow up reading too much Fifty Shades of Grey or something? Maybe too much Twilight? I'm not what anyone would call a raging feminist, but if you ask me, 'a woman's place' is anywhere in the world that she wants to be. 

Increasingly deranged ChristinA elicited a few chuckles from me though. Loved her exchanges with Henry, which went something like this (I'm interpreting the scene loosely): 

CHRISTINA (batting eyelashes and smiling a wide, demented smile): That was a really nice restaurant, wasn't it? A hidden gem. So romantic. I can't wait to go with you AGAIN.

HENRY (eyes averted, hastily throwing his collection of boxers, Bermuda shorts, short-sleeve checked button-down shirts, and beloved chicken figurine into a suitcase): Yeah.

CHRISTINA (inching closer): I feel like this changes so much, doesn't it? We have so much more to think about now before Decision Day!

HENRY  (tossing draft of restraining order papers in the suitcase and deleting 'Christina MAFS' from his phone contacts list): Uh-huh. 

Edited by TheMediumBopper
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4

Been mulling over the whole Bennett & Amelia convo. If you’re truly invested in a relationship and it’s obvious it’s going in the right direction, it becomes easier to lay all your cards out on the table, even the not-so-pleasant things, in order to have full disclosure.  If this MAFS pairing is on the ‘up and up’,  I think there was more to that conversation that was purposely edited out. Amelia was being honest with him ... She went into this on a lark (and perhaps also hoping for some notoriety and cash for loans, but we’ll never be told THAT), and unexpectedly found herself with a great guy and match. That’s the part they cut.  But again, I also wouldn’t be surprised to find out that they were already a couple, and the producers are playing us. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don’t usually get my heart broken on this show but when Amelia told Bennett she was there because she wanted to be on a reality show a few tears slid down my cheeks. 

I really thought those two had found each other!  Now I think Amelia did it for the $25,000 to pay down her student loans and Bennett will be left with a broken heart and maybe never trust again!

How could she do that?

Wow. I never thought of the money/college debt angle,  since Amelia has made an effort to showcase "quirky" rather than "mercenary."

Now her haircut is even more symbolic to me. 

59 minutes ago, Zero260 said:

Been mulling over the whole Bennett & Amelia convo. If you’re truly invested in a relationship and it’s obvious it’s going in the right direction, it becomes easier to lay all your cards out on the table, even the not-so-pleasant things, in order to have full disclosure.  If this MAFS pairing is on the ‘up and up’,  I think there was more to that conversation that was purposely edited out. Amelia was being honest with him ... She went into this on a lark (and perhaps also hoping for some notoriety and cash for loans, but we’ll never be told THAT), and unexpectedly found herself with a great guy and match. That’s the part they cut.  But again, I also wouldn’t be surprised to find out that they were already a couple, and the producers are playing us. 

Then Amelia Bedelia needs to learn what things need not be confessed. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, lh25 said:

That got to me too.  Didn't he say something when they were discussing finances like "Sorry I'm responsible and own a house"?

Yes, having your own home is a worthy goal for many.  But not everyone at all times in their lives.

It was just part of the larger picture: Brett and Olivia differ on money, THE relationship killer.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Another example in addition to Stinamaia's, would be someone who was having a serious sweets craving, and saying, "Me want chocolate!"  Or when someone is being self-deprecating about something stupid they said, and they say "I are smart."

I will concede that those are times when people are choosing to speak incorrect grammar on purpose, not as a manner of lifestyle. Amani saying "Woody and I's marriage" was not such an instance. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, TheMediumBopper said:

I was kind of aghast that both Karen and Christina said they wanted to be "put in their place" by a man. Really? This, coming from presumably educated women in the 21st century? Did they grow up reading too much Fifty Shades of Grey or something? Maybe too much Twilight? I'm not what anyone would call a raging feminist, but if you ask me, 'a woman's place' is anywhere in the world that she wants to be. 

I don't think Karen or Christina really want that.  I think what they want is a man who will "read" them, not a man who feels "I can't tell her she's acting like a fool because I don't want to offend her."  

1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

I will concede that those are times when people are choosing to speak incorrect grammar on purpose, not as a manner of lifestyle. Amani saying Miles and I's marriage was not such an instance. 

Amani isn't married to Miles, she's married to Woody.  And when she said "Woody and I's marriage" I knew exactly what she meant. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

I will concede that those are times when people are choosing to speak incorrect grammar on purpose, not as a manner of lifestyle. Amani saying "Miles and I's marriage" was not such an instance. 

"I's" is Reality TV grammar! Syntax sleuths have ascribed its usage to a subconscious fear and loathing of all forms of the pronoun "me": me; my; mine; myself. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 10/21/2020 at 6:57 PM, gonecrackers said:

It bothers me that it seemed like Amelia didn't pick up on how her comments would make Bennett feel.

you guys, I was right about Amelia! She is a sweetheart but really oblivious about how she comes off.  And a bit of a narcissist.  with her worshipping harem!  I am team Bennett at this point and I'm a bit hurt for him at her blithely admitting she wasn't ready for marriage and would have liked anyone she was matched with.

• Love 3
On 10/21/2020 at 8:05 PM, cardigirl said:

He was pointing out the truth, though. They have not experienced real life in that relationship. Yes, they hit it off, and it's been very fun and amicable, but do they really know each other? Amelia even said she was going to miss feeling like a movie star having the cameras around all the time. His concerns were valid in my opinion, if voiced a little sternly.

feeling like a movie star! I rest my case.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

"I's" is Reality TV grammar! Syntax sleuths have ascribed its usage to a subconscious fear and loathing of all forms of the pronoun "me": me; my; mine; myself. 

So true!  Like I posted earlier, Amani isn't the only reality tv person with the "I's" disease.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think Karen or Christina really want that.  I think what they want is a man who will "read" them, not a man who feels "I can't tell her she's acting like a fool because I don't want to offend her."  

Amani isn't married to Miles, she's married to Woody.  And when she said "Woody and I's marriage" I knew exactly what she meant. 

Thank you for the correction. I fixed it. Lucky you could understand us both. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/23/2020 at 5:00 PM, Madding crowd said:

I’m still curious about Amelia saying she would have been fine with any one she was matched with. Does this mean she would have been less quirky if she were matched with Henry or Brett? I find it hard to believe, unless she knew ahead of time that Bennett was quirky and adjusted accordingly. Arriving to the wedding with the weird veiled bridesmaids and the unicycle wouldn’t work with most guys. 

If it were possible Henry would be even less attracted to Amelia. They would have no frame of reference to relate to each other. Its kind of sad because I don't think it would have been hard to find a suitable mate for Henry.

• Love 6
On 10/23/2020 at 6:17 PM, Racj82 said:

I'm struggling to see how Miles is ALOT like people keep saying. Yes, he can be a bit silly and joke around but Woody and Amani are the same way. They also have balance that in that can jokey joke but also talk about serious things and listen to each other. Miles keeps talking to a wall verbally and she doesn't seem like much a fun person either so I would label her as a lot and not him.

I also think we've been watching Miles not as Miles but as Miles trying to feel out and understand his wife for months. He can't totally be himself or a more calmer Miles. He basically said as much in their last discussion.

I agree. Miles is more articulate about his feelings and needs than most men on this show.   But I don’t think he’s been particularly needy.  He seems to give Karen space and is not consistently asking “why don’t you like meeeeee”.  Like Christina.   

• Love 9
3 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Its kind of sad because I don't think it would have been hard to find a suitable mate for Henry.

That’s interesting, because I think it would be incredibly hard to match him to the point that I don’t think he should have been picked at all. The fact that he moves at a snails pace in getting to know someone in a romantic sense kind of makes him unsuitable for this experiment. He is also awkward and uncomfortable making or initiating conversation. Plus, he wanted someone petite, which might be accommodated, but this season, I don’t think any of them fits that description, let alone the one that was selected for him. Personally, I think it’s pretty telling his celebrity crush is Kate Beckinsale, and lo and behold, who does his “best friend” Kristen look like??? Hmmmmm........methinks he has already found his “soul mate”, and unfortunately for him, she does not care for him like that.....

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

That’s interesting, because I think it would be incredibly hard to match him to the point that I don’t think he should have been picked at all. The fact that he moves at a snails pace in getting to know someone in a romantic sense kind of makes him unsuitable for this experiment. He is also awkward and uncomfortable making or initiating conversation. Plus, he wanted someone petite, which might be accommodated, but this season, I don’t think any of them fits that description, let alone the one that was selected for him. Personally, I think it’s pretty telling his celebrity crush is Kate Beckinsale, and lo and behold, who does his “best friend” Kristen look like??? Hmmmmm........methinks he has already found his “soul mate”, and unfortunately for him, she does not care for him like that.....

Yeah, I like Henry but he does not want an average looking shy gal...based on the women he has asked out...he kinda wants a hottie that likes to party (or at least that is how some would describe Trishelle...not me).

• Love 2
On 10/21/2020 at 8:57 PM, Valegro said:

I swear women like Karen never learn. She wants a hypermasculine man to tell her what to do and be in charge so she doesn't have to put out any emotional effort into the relationship. And then she cries a river when this tough manly man impregnates his mistress like everyone else didn't see it coming. 

She's not emotionally mature enough for this process if she can't open up to a more open and sensitive man.

I may be the outlier opinion, but I see her point exactly. Miles is a nice guy, he is attractive, but I could not be attracted to someone like him either.

It's not a This or That kind of comparison, that if you don't want a Nice Guy you want a hyper macho emotionally abusive player. Miles to me just seems very, very emotionally available in the way that women are stereotypically. He also strikes me, from the way he speaks and his mannerisms, too young for a grown 30 year old woman. I could see him better suited for a college aged/early 20s girl. I also would not be able to take it if I just married a stranger and this new husband of mine talks about his depression and makes a story out of it. What I think Karen means by a man "putting her in her place" is that she wants a man who is decisive and strong. This is old-school stuff though. There was one couple from the Texas season, I think it was Dave, who seemed very much that "type". I think that especially in the US, it is difficult to find such a man, we have more Henry types and whatever floats people's boats but in the vast majority of marriages I see around me, the wives are the more dominant ones. 

Christina and Brett would have made a good couple I think. 

Woody  and Amani go well together, but they both annoy me a little bit with kind of peacocking what a great couple they are. Woody reminds me of children I have known who have ADHD. 

Bennett and Amelia work so well together because they are both incredibly easygoing and emotionally intelligent. Amelia does need to tone herself down a bit for the sake of her future career as medicine is a respected profession, unless she wants to go into some kind of quack alternative style medicine (which would totally suit her). 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 4
On 10/23/2020 at 6:28 PM, Crashcourse said:

To your ears, but not mine.  

He talks fairly quickly. A lot of people with ADHD talk quickly and therefore don't articulate as well. Not playing doctor here, but he seems like he might have ADHD, plus Amani has mentioned several times that he has trouble paying attention when she's talking. I also remember the scene where he jumps out of bed early in the morning, and overall he seems like he moves quickly and abruptly. 

Again, not diagnosing from the glimpses we see of him on TV. 

On 10/21/2020 at 9:50 PM, Rhiannon Hunter said:

Oh, Amani is in good company. Many, many people use I, me, and myself incorrectly.

English grammar is extremely difficult to figure out, even for native speakers. 

• Love 4

Woody does mumble through his words, and he talks pretty fast, but I'm still able to understand 95% of what he says.

Partly because I find him so endearing, that I try and listen to what he says, and I have to pay a bit more attention, as I just find him such a joy.

I also find Amani a joy, and I wish people would get her name right:  Amani, not ARmani.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I may be the outlier opinion, but I see her point exactly. Miles is a nice guy, he is attractive, but I could not be attracted to someone like him either.

It's not a This or That kind of comparison, that if you don't want a Nice Guy you want a hyper macho emotionally abusive player. Miles to me just seems very, very emotionally available in the way that women are stereotypically. He also strikes me, from the way he speaks and his mannerisms, too young for a grown 30 year old woman. I could see him better suited for a college aged/early 20s girl. I also would not be able to take it if I just married a stranger and this new husband of mine talks about his depression and makes a story out of it. What I think Karen means by a man "putting her in her place" is that she wants a man who is decisive and strong. This is old-school stuff though. There was one couple from the Texas season, I think it was Dave, who seemed very much that "type". I think that especially in the US, it is difficult to find such a man, we have more Henry types and whatever floats people's boats but in the vast majority of marriages I see around me, the wives are the more dominant ones. 

Christina and Brett would have made a good couple I think. 

Woody  and Amani go well together, but they both annoy me a little bit with kind of peacocking what a great couple they are. Woody reminds me of children I have known who have ADHD. 

Bennett and Amelia work so well together because they are both incredibly easygoing and emotionally intelligent. Amelia does need to tone herself down a bit for the sake of her future career as medicine is a respected profession, unless she wants to go into some kind of quack alternative style medicine (which would totally suit her). 

I think Woody and Amani are aware of the cameras in a really smart way.  They both have great senses of humor and don't take themselves too seriously.  So maybe the peacocking is more of a good-humored performance.

• Love 4

I’ve gotten so accustomed to closed captioning that I’m starting to wonder if I’d understand anyone as well without it. I’m very visual instead of auditory in general and I often miss things regardless of who is speaking. Too bad people don’t come with them especially with everyone wearing masks now! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I also would not be able to take it if I just married a stranger and this new husband of mine talks about his depression and makes a story out of it

I don't think he's done this at all.  He isn't constantly talking about his depression, but I can see living with Karen hasn't helped his situation at all.  That, combined with COVID, I can see it in him. But I don't think he's used it as a storyline at all this season.  Do you think he shouldn't have told her about it?  They're married, she deserves to know.

5 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’ve gotten so accustomed to closed captioning that I’m starting to wonder if I’d understand anyone as well without it. I’m very visual instead of auditory in general and I often miss things regardless of who is speaking. Too bad people don’t come with them especially with everyone wearing masks now! 

I have a friend, a sister-in-law, and a son that I would all understand better with CC.  And that was true before masks.  haha!

Edited by greeneyedscorpio
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 10/23/2020 at 4:17 PM, Racj82 said:

I'm struggling to see how Miles is ALOT like people keep saying. Yes, he can be a bit silly and joke around but Woody and Amani are the same way.

YMMV. For me, a lot means more than I'd want to deal with on the daily. Miles would be a great friend, co-worker, or neighbor. 

Woody and Amani are a lot, too. After the matches were determined, there was a panel that thought Woody and Amani wouldn't make it. They thought Woody was vibrant and Amani was a boring homebody whose best friend was her sewing machine. Dr. Viviana recommended the pairing, and wondered if Amani wouldn't be enough for Woody. Dr. Cal saw something in Amani's social media that convinced him that she had plenty of personality and would be able to hold her own.

On 10/24/2020 at 8:33 AM, Silver Bells said:

The one she was with for 4 or 6 yrs and cheated and had a baby.  Were there more guys besides that one?

On the honeymoon, Karen said she'd only been in two adult relationships. The other guy might have been decent. 

4 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I also find Amani a joy, and I wish people would get her name right:  Amani, not ARmani.

Who calls her Armani? Once you identify the culprit I'll hear it. But, I must have been ignoring them all season. Or translating to the correct pronunciation without detecting the error.  

Edited by Rhiannon Hunter
  • Love 2

I just watched the most recent episode. Henry has been so calm. Does he not care at all or is does he just keep himself in check?  I wish he had burst out in laughter at the dinner. 

I still really like Woody and Amani. His smile is contagious and they seem to enjoy each other.

While I do like Amelia and Bennett, the quirkiness did get on my nerves just a little. That huge yellow tshirt night dress - was it laundered? And footie pajamas paired with a crown on a doctor? 

I thought Miles was a sweetheart and Karen should have given him more of a chance and yes had sex with him because that is part of marriage.

I felt Olivia was too uptight for Brett. She never seemed to have fun with him. I do think the sarcasm would get old at times.

• Love 3
On 10/24/2020 at 11:37 AM, Silver Bells said:

Maybe he will stay in New Orleans, let her go to Virginia and see how it goes .. if he’s smart.  She’s going to be working a lot.  What’s he gonna do?  I don’t know about those two.

What's he going to do in Virginia? The same thing and better than if he stayed in New Orleans. There's no theater productions going on anywhere so why not be in Virginia with the only woman that would really put up with a lot of what he likes to do and write Plays or a novel or any other creative thing that she will just be delighted with. I don't think the pedicab is going to be a big moneymaker anywhere right now.

She'll make the money, he'll be creative and take care of the apartment and they all delight in each other because they see the world in similar fashion.  He'll meet some of her old friends and he'll make new friends. Like most of us, he'll keep up with his friends virtually because there really isn't a whole lot of hanging around with your friends right now.   No need to be in New Orleans for his friends because they're not going to be getting together that much. He's intelligent she is a doctor not going to want to be exposed to the virus.  BENNETT has so much creativity and he's obviously a wordsmith, the more she can work the more time he has to create. Having to lived with a resident, it's nice To have time to pursue your own career, Especially if there's a lot of writing about a lot of writing involved (I was working on my dissertation). BENNETT knows that Amelia doesn't sweat the small stuff knowing that most of it's small.

• Love 9
On 10/23/2020 at 8:00 PM, Madding crowd said:

Don't forget the "hairdo" (including the bird!), makeup, earrings and hairy pits.  Hard to make all of that appealing to Henry or Brett IMO 😄 

On 10/24/2020 at 4:55 PM, Zero260 said:

I'm on the "more to the conversation that was edited out" team.  In the SM thread a while back someone posted an article about her where she said she did it on a whim and thought "Either I'll meet a great guy or if it doesn't work out I'll get a divorce."  Not DIVORCE like the experts say it 😄   That would be my attitude going in to this too.  But I would have tidy hair on my head (and none under my arms!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, princelina said:
On 10/24/2020 at 4:55 PM, Zero260 said:

I'm on the "more to the conversation that was edited out" team.  In the SM thread a while back someone posted an article about her where she said she did it on a whim and thought "Either I'll meet a great guy or if it doesn't work out I'll get a divorce."  Not DIVORCE like the experts say it 😄   That would be my attitude going in to this too.  But I would have tidy hair on my head (and none under my arms!)

This is what bothers me about this show.  We don’t know what’s true or false.  Amelia May have went on for the money and did fall in love with Bennett, or maybe they knew each other before, and maybe he did plan to move with her to wherever.  Who knows?  Probably all planned out already way before.  Money makes people do a lot of things.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Rhiannon Hunter said:

Who calls her Armani? Once you identify the culprit I'll hear it. But, I must have been ignoring them all season. Or translating to the correct pronunciation without detecting the error.  

Many people on this board call her ARmani.

So often that it's probably become an auto-correct for a lot of people, which is cool, but it's not her name.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:
20 hours ago, Rhiannon Hunter said:

Many people on this board call her ARmani.

So often that it's probably become an auto-correct for a lot of people, which is cool, but it's not her name.

Have my eyes like Rhiannon Hunters's, done an auto-correct on her name on this board?  Because I haven't noticed that at all, either.

Edited by rebel2u
  • Love 1