Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: Pack Your Bags!

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, rebel2u said:

Have my eyes like Rhiannon Hunters's, done an auto-correct on her name on this board?  Because I haven't noticed that at all, either.

I'm a spelling nerd.  I did a word search, and on one page of one thread alone, it was spelled Armani 6 times.  Either way, she remains Amanidorable to me.  🙂 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Thanks, Starlight925.  I'm thinking now I could have gone back and checked the board myself instead of having you spoon feed me an answer! 

But I quit working and, since then, I think my alpha waves have gone flat and thinking seems to be a foreign concept!  So thanks!  : )

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Sycophant4Lease said:

ALL of her dresses are so low cut, and she appears to have nothing on beneath.

ChristinA seems to have a delusional vision of herself as an irresistible "femme fatale" who turns men into simpering, whimpering idiots swooning over her.  I think she flaunts the cleavage to accentuate that point.  Somehow, from her track record and demeanor on the show, I think she's wasting her time.  I'm not seeing her display of her "assets" as anything other than a cheap attempt to inadvertently make a fool of herself.  Dignity and self-respect don't seem to be strong points for ChristinA.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, princelina said:

Don't forget the "hairdo" (including the bird!), makeup, earrings and hairy pits.  Hard to make all of that appealing to Henry or Brett IMO 😄 

I'm on the "more to the conversation that was edited out" team.  In the SM thread a while back someone posted an article about her where she said she did it on a whim and thought "Either I'll meet a great guy or if it doesn't work out I'll get a divorce."  Not DIVORCE like the experts say it 😄   That would be my attitude going in to this too.  But I would have tidy hair on my head (and none under my arms!)

Honestly, isn't this the best we can hope to expect at this point? You go on this show, make a little money, get a little social media exposure, and pray for a good edit.

If you are extremely lucky, you end up with a great person to be your spouse...something you have not been able to find on your own.

19 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

ChristinA seems to have a delusional vision of herself as an irresistible "femme fatale" who turns men into simpering, whimpering idiots swooning over her.  I think she flaunts the cleavage to accentuate that point.  Somehow, from her track record and demeanor on the show, I think she's wasting her time.  I'm not seeing her display of her "assets" as anything other than a cheap attempt to inadvertently make a fool of herself.  Dignity and self-respect don't seem to be strong points for ChristinA.

I imagine Christina is accustomed to men blowing a lot of smoke up her ass about how incredibly gorgeous she is and then they dump or ghost her once they tire of the sex. She probably is used to men being all over her because, in truth, that is all they want from her.

I am going to guess she has never been in a "real relationship".

I would feel sorry for her but I despise the way she tried to blackmail Henry...it reeks of desperation and homophobia.

• Love 10

My phone autocorrects Amani to Armani. But I'm not sure if it's autocorrect or people are just careless about the way they spell her name on here.

I'm glad the season's almost over. Nothing much interesting has happened since the honeymoons, other than Brett moving out. I wouldn't mind seeing more of Woody and Amani because they are a thing of joy forever. Lifetime needs to have a Wamani Thanksgiving special, and a Very Merry Wamani Christmas, and a Wamani Valentine's Day, and of course, a First Anniversary Wamani Spectacular.

ChristinA is a nutcase and a beyotch. That is all.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
On 10/24/2020 at 5:40 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

"I's" is Reality TV grammar! Syntax sleuths have ascribed its usage to a subconscious fear and loathing of all forms of the pronoun "me": me; my; mine; myself. 

I would take "myself" out of that list.  People love it.  "Myself and my friends hosted a party." 

An inconsequential fact about the Armani/Amani discussion: I grew up in Maine, where (much like Boston) people drop their R's. So the name 'Armani' would be pronounced 'Amani' there.  Because I grew up determined not to have a Maine accent, I always made it a point to bear down on my R's. And now I find myself wanting to say 'Armani' instead of 'Amani' because Amani sounds like a name said with a bad New England accent. 

Moral of the story: Language is funny.

Anyway, carry on!

Edited by TheMediumBopper
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 10/22/2020 at 11:35 AM, Empress1 said:

Wasn't a mask to be seen! At least Brett and his friend were outside and maybe Brett has been quarantining since breaking up with Olivia, but who knows about his friend? They were still close together though. Woody and his grandmother were outside too, but Woody hasn't lived with her for months and has been maskless around the cast and crew. Amelia the health care professional was snuggled up with her friends, indoors, with no mask. And they're all just eating out in restaurants like COVID isn't a thing, putting the restaurant staff at risk (unless production shut down the restaurant for filming). I thought it was so disappointing.

This has to be the easiest money Viviana has ever made. Has she done one consultation with the cast? She appears to have filmed one talking head interview (she's wearing the same clothes) and then she pops up on decision day (which, again, could have been virtual on the day it was supposed to be).

Viviana:  Is this what sex councelling all about?  Talking about every private thing a newly married couple do or should do?  I for one don’t like it.  I think it’s private, and everyone goes at their own pace.  Plus, it’s no ones business.  She is the nosiest one so far.

• Love 2

I’m still curious about Amelia saying she would have been fine with any one she was matched with. Does this mean she would have been less quirky if she were matched with Henry or Brett? I find it hard to believe, unless she knew ahead of time that Bennett was quirky and adjusted accordingly. Arriving to the wedding with the weird veiled bridesmaids and the unicycle wouldn’t work with most guys. 

Don't forget the "hairdo" (including the bird!), makeup, earrings and hairy pits.  Hard to make all of that appealing to Henry or Brett IMO 😄 

My understanding is that when Amelia said she would've been fine with anyone she was matched with, meant that she'd be OK with whoever the man was. That doesn't mean that the man would've been fine with her. I'm sure no one other than Bennett would've been fine with Amelia's entrance, her outfit, bridesmaids or her quirks.   

Sorry, I didn't know how to do a double formatting so I just put the two previous quotes above.

• Love 4

Christina's lying, Henry?? REALLY?? He's also lying!!!! Every time he nods & participates with the bs, then says what he really thinks to the camera. That's why they deserve each other!! Henry's weak azz. NEVER confronting her. Letting her get away with the nonsense. Just to wait til decision day to tell on her?? Absolutely BIZARRELY WEAK!! #ICANTEVEN 😂 I don't believe it'll be another Sam situation where she says yes & he says no & she's shocked. She already knows he's gunna say no, she prolly wants to say no first. They've been saying the same two things the entire season & it's time throw out that broken record. They should've been removed from the experiment since they didn't even begin to build a marriage. Henry was out by the honeymoon. I'd rather he left, than waste the airtime. See what happens? As if it's independent of his ACTIONS!! WTF?!! NO ONE is fooled by that!! We all know!! WTF did he think would happen in the experiment?? Some magic elves would build his marriage & do the marriage for him?? WTF?! 😂 Stuck it out? Didn't quit? THESE PEOPLE!! Really don't have decent standards for themselves. It's embarrassing. They look stupid. Making it to Decision Day is NOTHING when there's nothing to show for it, when the decision is no & was no for WEEKS! 

• Love 2

Christina looks CRAZY!!!! Like she's really tryna sell the possibility of her saying yes. NOBODY'S BUYING IT!!!! & that overacting, crying at dinner... Just. No. It was ridiculously FAKE or UNSTABLE!! Wish they had more time?? Everyone needs to GTFOH with that!! They had TWICE as much time as normal. More like, USED the time they had! Like Karen & Miles, still discussing what they need. TOO LATE!!

• Love 5

How did Henry end up in the spare bedroom?? Damn! She left, she should be in there. Perhaps it's because it has the desk, but the desk can be moved. DUH! The small bed is hilarious!! Tryna make it as unappealing as possible.

• Love 1

Bennett's friend is coming in HOT!! GEEZUS!! Tone it down!! What he's saying is valid, but damn! That energy is wayyyy too hostile to get past to even take in what he's saying. So repulsive!

• Love 4

WTF NONSENSE is Amelia saying about just wanting to be on a reality show??!! Please tell me she said more & turned that around & that he told her how that made him feel. NOT the appropriate time to introduce doubt like that!! I'm shocked she was a faker!! How many applicants are like that??😅 Maybe, that brutal honesty was her revenge for Bennett not including her in his letter to his younger self. Ha!

• Love 1

Idk what is wrong with Karen & Miles. WHAT IS IT???? Karen didn't like him because of what she saw on his insta before the wedding. Miles was all in. They both held on to what they wanted in a partner & wouldn't compromise? Is that it? 😅 Like, Miles wanted affection & Karen wanted a manly man leader & Miles couldn't do that cuz he wasn't getting anything? She didn't show him she was committed & wanted to be with him. Seems they disagreed on the order of that. They couldn't say what they needed to progress to where they wanted. On the final day, they really seemed to accept it was over. Lol!

Amani's really messing with Woodrow & it's showing his weakness. But, it's inappropriate of her. Ya don't make someone question your commitment & if they can trust you!! That's not how to discuss issues. I'm a stickler for jokes. It's bad enough they're rarely funny, but ya don't joke about serious stuff in a way that hurts the other person! That's the most basic rule! 😂  They're obviously not familiar enough to tell when it's a joke. I think jokes are the truth anyway, so there's that. He comes off insecure & controlling in his responses to things he dislikes. I hope he's not like that & it's just poor communication. I absolutely do NOT believe the editing trick of the preview.

• Love 3

Brett's friend is NOT a friend, letting him sabotage himself being that way. He hopes he learns & changes? NOT if people condone it. More like, he's sitting by, watching Brett continuously fail.

• Useful 2

They should have a week on their own to see what their "real life" marriage is like. This is the first season they kinda got to do that, but they couldn't do normal things. They're deciding to continue with a marriage they haven't experienced, it's crazy!!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Kira53 said:

I’m still curious about Amelia saying she would have been fine with any one she was matched with. Does this mean she would have been less quirky if she were matched with Henry or Brett? I find it hard to believe, unless she knew ahead of time that Bennett was quirky and adjusted accordingly. Arriving to the wedding with the weird veiled bridesmaids and the unicycle wouldn’t work with most guys. 

Don't forget the "hairdo" (including the bird!), makeup, earrings and hairy pits.  Hard to make all of that appealing to Henry or Brett IMO 😄 

My understanding is that when Amelia said she would've been fine with anyone she was matched with, meant that she'd be OK with whoever the man was. That doesn't mean that the man would've been fine with her. I'm sure no one other than Bennett would've been fine with Amelia's entrance, her outfit, bridesmaids or her quirks.   

Sorry, I didn't know how to do a double formatting so I just put the two previous quotes above.

OMG .. Amelia and Brett, haha.  Can you imagine?  He’d still be running down the aisle to another state.  I’ve seen quirky in my life, but never like Amelia.  The clothes alone.  They must come from a costume shop of the old days.  If she ever had a complete makeover, she would be a knockout looks wise.  She’s very pretty.

• Love 2
On 10/26/2020 at 1:54 PM, Sycophant4Lease said:

Question for the group:

Does ChristinA own a bra? 

I don't sit and stare.  But ALL of her dresses are so low cut, and she appears to have nothing on beneath.

I haven’t noticed as I am constantly drawn to her eyes.  There’s something about them that stand out, and I don’t mean pretty .. just something I can’t put my finger on.  Plus, the way she always appears to look up, like with her nose in the air, like conceited.  I’ll give the boobs a look tonight.  All I really saw on her were house dresses .. the type an older lady would wear.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Lindz said:

Christina's lying, Henry?? REALLY?? He's also lying!!!! Every time he nods & participates with the bs, then says what he really thinks to the camera. That's why they deserve each other!! Henry's weak azz. NEVER confronting her. Letting her get away with the nonsense. Just to wait til decision day to tell on her?? Absolutely BIZARRELY WEAK!! #ICANTEVEN 😂 I don't believe it'll be another Sam situation where she says yes & he says no & she's shocked. She already knows he's gunna say no, she prolly wants to say no first. They've been saying the same two things the entire season & it's time throw out that broken record. They should've been removed from the experiment since they didn't even begin to build a marriage. Henry was out by the honeymoon. I'd rather he left, than waste the airtime. See what happens? As if it's independent of his ACTIONS!! WTF?!! NO ONE is fooled by that!! We all know!! WTF did he think would happen in the experiment?? Some magic elves would build his marriage & do the marriage for him?? WTF?! 😂 Stuck it out? Didn't quit? THESE PEOPLE!! Really don't have decent standards for themselves. It's embarrassing. They look stupid. Making it to Decision Day is NOTHING when there's nothing to show for it, when the decision is no & was no for WEEKS! 

This show puts people who are not attracted to their spouse in a very bad position. You have people like Luke and Zach and Molly who are blunt and end up being cruel, and then you have people like Will, Danielle (of Danielle and Cody, not Dallas Danielle) Keith, and Henry who are nice people who don't want to hurt their spouse, but just ride it out until Decision Day. They end up looking disingenuous and saying things like "I tried" or "At least I didn't quit." or "of course I think you're attractive!" when they so obviously don't. I don't know what the option is really in this situation because you're damned if you do and damned if you don't say anything. Perhaps the best option is to have a nice cordial conversation off camera and come to some kind of agreement on how to play out the rest of the season.

It sure as shit isn't have sex with their partner and then bagging on them a la Nick, Luke or Matt...........

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

This show puts people who are not attracted to their spouse in a very bad position. You have people like Luke and Zach and Molly who are blunt and end up being cruel, and then you have people like Will, Danielle (of Danielle and Cody, not Dallas Danielle) Keith, and Henry who are nice people who don't want to hurt their spouse, but just ride it out until Decision Day. They end up looking disingenuous and saying things like "I tried" or "At least I didn't quit." or "of course I think you're attractive!" when they so obviously don't. I don't know what the option is really in this situation because you're damned if you do and damned if you don't say anything. Perhaps the best option is to have a nice cordial conversation off camera and come to some kind of agreement on how to play out the rest of the season.

It sure as shit isn't have sex with their partner and then bagging on them a la Nick, Luke or Matt...........

Because it violates the spirit of the experiment. They're MARRIED, so they're supposed to actually try to build a marriage, not quit at 1st sight! 😂 They're supposed to work through difficulties. I see why the experiment fails though, most people don't have that marriage mentality. Especially, because they have no foundation, no connection to their spouse before they're married. They're screwed. Only a few figure out being married to a stranger spouse. The respectable thing to do is leave, not fake & lie & waste time. That's what we condemn. None of those people just left & they should've or arranged to fake it WITH their spouse instead of hurting their spouses later by finally leaving. 😂

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I haven’t noticed as I am constantly drawn to her eyes.  There’s something about them that stand out, and I don’t mean pretty .. just something I can’t put my finger on.  Plus, the way she always appears to look up, like with her nose in the air, like conceited.  I’ll give the boobs a look tonight.  All I really saw on her were house dresses .. the type an older lady would wear.

I think I said in week 2 that Christina has very sad eyes. I immediately said that there was something about her that made me think she was a fundamentally unhappy person. The subsequent weeks haven't proven me wrong, I don't think. (But even if she is a fundamentally sad person, I have no sympathy for her because she's a homophobic narcissist, too. Boo-yah!)

wish I were so lucky as to not notice Christina's giant jugs o' plenty bulging out of her clothes every week. With those dresses she wears, the scarves tied on her head, and those boobs on display, she makes me think of a milkmaid in a bawdy Monty Python comedy bit. Someone the straggly farmhand would take up into the hayloft for a good old-fashioned rogering wherein she'd pretend to be a virgin for the ninety-second time. 

Edited by TheMediumBopper
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 10/22/2020 at 3:39 PM, Neurochick said:

ChristinA is a real piece of work.  Henry is not prize but I think something is seriously wrong with ChristinA.  I hope Henry confronts her regarding the alleged email.

Lol! WHEN?? In his nightmares? Henry is NON-CONFRONTATIONAL!! He's been the biggest pushover for WEEKS! He told the cameras and will tell the "experts." He's incapable. 😂😂

On 10/24/2020 at 4:34 PM, Neurochick said:

I don't think Karen or Christina really want that.  I think what they want is a man who will "read" them, not a man who feels "I can't tell her she's acting like a fool because I don't want to offend her."

THIS!! But I think they mean different things. Karen said it was about when she does something he doesn't like & I agree with that. If you don't like it & it's a problem, check it! DUH!! But, Christina acts a fool on purpose to get whatever & that's ridiculously unhealthy & childish. One gives the guy permission to address his dislikes & the other repulses guys. 😂

I just didn't have the time or patience to read this thread last week and now it's up to 6 pages already - Oy Vey!  Oh well, not like me to miss an entire week but life is not normal for me what with the pandemic and what's going on in my life right now, so I guess it is what it is.  I basically came here to say that when we watched this episode, my husband out of nowhere said, "Pack your bagel."  I said, "What"?  He said, "Oh, it's just my dyslexic brain again".  I didn't even bother to ask him to elaborate.  Of course I fell asleep during the last half hour, which I picked up the next morning as my husband and I sipped our morning beverages.  Then, out of nowhere, I suddenly saw it without seeing it coming AT ALL - "Pack your bagel"!!!  I said, "I just saw it!"  Then I figured out that it was because our brains were morphing the "s" in "bags" into an "e", and the exclamation point into an "l", hence "bagel" instead of "bags!".  

OK, well I guess it's just us then....I'll see myself out now, LOL.  😉 

Need to weigh in with my two cents:

Olivia and Brett - never should've been matched.  He's too self-absorbed, thinking he's G-d's gift to women; she's too structured to be able to deal with his sarcasm.  She's a physician's assistant - a nurse with a whole bunch more education (I have two friends of the family who went this route).  She's no dummy, but he was abusive to her in the way she led her life.  Were I a PA, I might think renting would be a great idea because I'll have no time to maintain a home on my own.  I don't know if I agree with her running off at the beginning of the pandemic to see her family - that's what Facetime and Skype are for - but his response to that was uncalled for and extremely self-centered.  He was totally unable to see the pressure that she was under, probably having already witnessed, first hand, the deaths that have become a part of this pandemic.

Woody and Amani - honestly, when I first saw Woody, I wrote this couple off.  I'm glad to say I was wrong.  I'm pretty sure the editing monkeys are having their way with us with that preview (and I'm watching the recorded Decision Day episode later today).  I think they've connected in a way the rest of the couples have not done.

Miles and Karen - here's the thing with her:  she's selected guys like she wants in the past.  How's that workin' for her?  Typically (and NOT ALWAYS), a guy that will put a woman 'in her place' will often do other stuff that's not real savory.  Like have a baby with another woman.  She's not learning from her own life lessons or from the life lessons that others have experienced.  This one was in trouble from day one when she cheated and got a first look at Miles before the wedding because of the errant text.  She should've stood her ground and backed out from the beginning.  She never gave Miles a chance and he's desperate to find the love he deserves.  I hope he finds it, but it won't be with her.

Amelia and Bennett - as some asked up above, they thought these two had been together before.  They were.  They admitted at the wedding that they'd met at a party some time before all of this, but didn't date.  So yes, they knew each other.  I remember from the initial episode that the 'experts' (and I use the quotes to acknowledge that these experts are in name only) were concerned about matching people up from the small NOLA dating pool that might've met or even dated before.  I think each of these two have had their disappointments - the letter from Bennett and the admission from Amelia - but I think they're a good match.  The relocation to Richmond will be a compromise, as Bennett will spend time apart in NOLA, but what he could do, as a playwright, is write a whole bunch of good stuff without the distractions of NOLA while he's in Richmond, so that he's ready to go when the pandemic allows theater to open up again.  The residency is two years - that's a good time period not unlike Henry David Thoreau's Walden Pond where so much of his good writing took place in isolation.  Amelia can come back to practice in NOLA when her residency is up and they could go forward from there.

Christina and Henry - She's vile.  That's all.  She's simply vile and she's beginning to see how her ugliness is playing out and trying to backtrack.  I hope I'm never on one of her flights, because I just might asked to be rebooked.  If she can treat him like this, how will she be with her passengers whom she is supposed to protect?  I wouldn't trust her in a dangerous situation.  She's just vile.  As for Henry, this is how I see it with him:  Dad is a powerful personality; the guy is a riot, but he sucks the life out of the room and everyone around him.  I like the Dad but I can't see how Henry could have turned out any other way than the quiet, shy, reserved individual he is.  He does display an enormous amount of non-verbal tics when he's around her because it's the only way he can manage the stress of her toxicity.  He can't come out and tell her what a vile person she is - she's an abuser par excellance and he's cowering, trying to avoid her bile.  I feel sorry for Henry - seriously sorry.  His only sin in all of this was signing up for the show and allowing these 'experts' to match him up with her.  I hope he dumps her, finally released from his chains, in a spectacular fashion that leaves no room for doubt as to how he really feels about her.  I hope he unloads on her with both barrels.  I don't care whether she whines or cries or complains that he has it all wrong.  We've watched her.  All season.  She's an awful person.  He's not and he needs to get as far away from her as he can.

That's all I got, until I watch the D-day ep later today.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 3

Okay, Christina is a wacko, no question ("I have been loved deeply by many" -- yikes) but Henry has refused to talk to her since the wedding & the only accusations of his that we've actually seen confirmed were the rudeness to production and that amounted to 3 occasions: when production was forcing her to carry conversations for mute Henry or when production was directing a conversation at the party. I can understand why over weeks of shooting & carrying the entire relationship  Christina would have 3 moments of frustration.

We've seen no evidence of the homophobic text b/c Henry says she says she lost it.  As the accuser, the burden of proof is on him. 

She's annoying but she's been nothing but patient while he has been unrelentingly rude & obnoxious with his "pattern of deception" bullshit. Lots of flight attendants don't have one established domicile, Henry, you asshole.  God, I hate him.

Here's the thing with Brett & his "sarcasm."  It's not sarcasm, it's irony. Sarcasm is a subset of irony. Sarcasm is when you say, "Nice dress," in a tone that means, "What were you thinking when you put that on?"  Irony is broader, pointing to a break between what is meant and what is said.  The second Bush admin was famous for its irony. For example, the Clean Air Initiative which allowed more industrial pollutants or the Healthy Forests Initiative which -- you guessed it -- allowed increased logging in previously protected old-growth forests.

Irony is generally used for a purpose. With sarcasm it's humor or cruelty. With the Bush admin it was political obfuscation. With Brett, tho, what is the purpose?  He uses it constantly as a deflection but often there's no discernable meaning behind it. As, for instance, in this totally made-up scenario:

Someone: I like this ice cream / I'm glad it didn't rain

Brett: Yeah, really good ice cream / Yeah, so great it didn't rain

What's the purpose of ironizing here?  We communicate to exchange thoughts & information. Brett communicates nothing; he just throws words out, meaningless words, lots of them cos he loves the sound of his own voice.  I had a friend in college who had a great insult which I'm about to steal: Brett is the null set.

Edited by TakeAPinotGrigio
  • Love 1