Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, qtpye said:

The Afterbuzz people said they could not find her Instagram and she really might not be as big of a deal on it as he is claiming. I do understand not being attracted to an Insta person but his communication skills leave much to be desired.

Could she have since deleted it, or maybe, made it private/changed the name etc.? I don't do IG so don't know if you can make yourself invisible. Maybe that's been done for at least the duration of the show, per contract for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Could she have since deleted it, or maybe, made it private/changed the name etc.? I don't do IG so don't know if you can make yourself invisible. Maybe that's been done for at least the duration of the show, per contract for her.

It’s private now. 

One of Brandon’s groomsmen posted this on fb in the MAFS Uncensored group. I honestly can’t wait to see what they have but I think this is damage control for their friend. 

FA07B9E7-CFAA-4904-B575-0AF68A81D2C1.jpeg

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

It’s private now. 

One of Brandon’s groomsmen posted this on fb in the MAFS Uncensored group. I honestly can’t wait to see what they have but I think this is damage control for their friend. 

FA07B9E7-CFAA-4904-B575-0AF68A81D2C1.jpeg

Police reports?  Was she harboring a fugitive, maybe Mia?  Lol

• LOL 14

Well if any of this is really true it could be Brandon's realized he was fucked over by the show & Taylor & is pissed, but all we're seeing is he's pissed & not handling it well. It would explain him lashing out at everyone.

Waiting for it...

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I like Taylor, have no problem with her food and whatnot ending up on IG and think it’s unfortunate she sometimes gets it for being pretty. She’s young and was single.  Even if she were unattractive, she’s been patient and kind to Brandon throughout which is remarkable considering what an ass he’s been.  Run, girl.  

• Love 10

MafsFan posted that the weddings were held August 1-3 and the honeymoons were actually August 7-11. So I guess that was plenty of time for Brandon to research Taylor and maybe her Instagram wasn't private at that point? Seems like the show would have required them to make their stuff private before the weddings but maybe she showed him herself? Whatever happened, he really doesn't dig her Insta status. 

D72B7009-65F3-4D7D-AA77-75497399B1AA.jpeg

Edited by Soup333
Add pic
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Kareem said:

I like Taylor, have no problem with her food and whatnot ending up on IG and think it’s unfortunate she sometimes gets it for being pretty.

Where has she gotten it from people just for being pretty? 

I just wonder is there more going on here.  I still recall Sheila of Chicago season being portrayed as 'crazy' & 'bitchy' all the while Nate was sleeping around, but that didn't come to light until after the season was over. 

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Soup333 said:

MafsFan posted that the weddings were held August 1-3 and the honeymoons were actually August 7-11. So I guess that was plenty of time for Brandon to research Taylor and maybe her Instagram wasn't private at that point? Seems like the show would have required them to make their stuff private before the weddings but maybe she showed him herself? Whatever happened, he really doesn't dig her Insta status. 

D72B7009-65F3-4D7D-AA77-75497399B1AA.jpeg

I wonder what they did with them during the gap and why it wasn't shown.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Kareem said:

I like Taylor, have no problem with her food and whatnot ending up on IG and think it’s unfortunate she sometimes gets it for being pretty. She’s young and was single.  Even if she were unattractive, she’s been patient and kind to Brandon throughout which is remarkable considering what an ass he’s been.  Run, girl.  

I ain't jealous of Taylor at all for being pretty.  I don't care what she looks like.  She just comes off as vapid Instagram bot.  

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Liberty said:

BuBuBuBut she is both Beauty and Brains 😉

Wonder if she gets to wear a lab coat at her day job?

And I wonder if she wears her bikini under her lab coat? 😵

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
31 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I ain't jealous of Taylor at all for being pretty.  I don't care what she looks like.  She just comes off as vapid Instagram bot.  

How? Genuine question. I’m very curious about her now private Instagram but since we can’t see it, what is it about her that makes you feel that way?

Is it generational maybe?

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

How? Genuine question. I’m very curious about her now private Instagram but since we can’t see it, what is it about her that makes you feel that way?

I'm not on Instagram so I know nothing about her posts.  What I was referring to was the discussion she had with Brandon about Instagram and she seemed flighty and flaky.  But then, she's been that way ever since she's been on the show.  It's like she's just trying to get more followers and she wants to be seen as much as possible on this show. 

And while I'm older than she is, I don't see how generation plays into this at all and I think even some people her age might see her that way.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

to me, she always looks like she is trying to look and act a certain way for her IG fans, not that she actually feels the way it appears.  no genuine emotions

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I'm not on Instagram so I know nothing about her posts.  What I was referring to was the discussion she had with Brandon about Instagram and she seemed flighty and flaky.  But then, she's been that way ever since she's been on the show.  It's like she's just trying to get more followers and she wants to be seen as much as possible on this show. 

And while I'm older than she is, I don't see how generation plays into this at all and I think even some people her age might see her that way.

I asked if it was generational because often people will say younger people who were raised with all this social media are obsessed with it, comfortable with the idea of presenting a false face on social media and hiding their true selves. For me, my children are all in their 20's (my youngest is 20) and I'm often appalled at the kinds of things their friends post online. Too much information and a lot of it I wouldn't even feel comfortable sharing with my therapist. 

I don't read Taylor as vapid or flighty. I absolutely don't believe her when she's telling the camera how great it is to be with her husband and her happy voice doesn't match her eyes. But I don't know if the producers are making her tell that lie.  I read that she was recruited but that doesn't make her any different than several other people.  

8 minutes ago, cinsays said:

to me, she always looks like she is trying to look and act a certain way for her IG fans, not that she actually feels the way it appears.  no genuine emotions

I think we're both picking up on the acting she does, especially when she's talking about how great this whole experience is. But I just don't know who she's trying to fool with it. Is she trying to impress her followers? Or just trying to make the most of this situation with Brandon? Or maybe aware of how reality shows work (unlike her husband) and trying to avoid the bitch edit?

Edited by Soup333
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 2/7/2020 at 3:57 PM, Ohwell said:

She comes off a bit flighty too me.  I also wonder about this "researcher" or "research assistant" job that she has.  Is she a student getting a Masters or Ph.D. degree?  Is she a research assistant, which is a different type of job. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

His groomsmen have been a bit out of control posting if certain things don't come out about Taylor while the show is still airing, they'll be disclosing... crazy.

Yes, I saw that. Honestly, he seems really out of control and his friend does as well. Taylor doesn't control how the show chooses to edit anything.

But if he wasn't invited...he couldn't have been the cause of the circus so I'm wondering if that part of the spoiler relates to Meka/Michael or Zach/Mindy. Or Derek/Katie??? LMAO. So many trash couples. Too little time.

Edited by Soup333
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

*spoiler alert*....

Competition for who gets the most sympathetic edit...

Emphasis on pathetic.....

https://www.distractify.com/p/mindy-married-at-first-sight-exclusive

This season sucks so much. I don't want to watch a bunch of people wandering around alone staring moodily into the distance with sad music playing. At this rate, that's all that will be left! What a shitty batch of contestants! participants!

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

This season sucks so much. I don't want to  We are forced to watch a bunch of people wandering around alone staring moodily into the distance with sad craptastic music playing. At this rate, that's all that will be left! What a shitty batch of contestants! participants! shit bags....

I fixed it for you.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

*spoiler alert*....

Competition for who gets the most sympathetic edit...

Emphasis on pathetic.....

https://www.distractify.com/p/mindy-married-at-first-sight-exclusive

Besides the part where he got to be all dressed up and mug for the camera, exactly what part of "married at first sight" was Zach ready for? Evidently not: being referred to as a "husband," "spouse" or on a "honeymoon," kissing a wife he didn't feel immediate passion for, wearing a ring, and now, living together.

Hm.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

I can't help but wonder what Brandon did that led to him not being invited to the Reunion. It saddens me to hear that Derek and Katie stayed together on D-Day, but had separated by the Reunion. I had high hopes for those two.  So, that means only one out of five.  That's pretty bad. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

I can't help but wonder what Brandon did that led to him not being invited to the Reunion. It saddens me to hear that Derek and Katie stayed together on D-Day, but had separated by the Reunion. I had high hopes for those two.  So, that means only one out of five.  That's pretty bad. 

Where did you get this information regarding the Reunion?

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Where did you hear that? Is there a spoiler site ? 

• Love 1
On 2/12/2020 at 3:43 PM, Adeejay said:

I can't help but wonder what Brandon did that led to him not being invited to the Reunion.

Considering the cursing out he gave everyone on the bus in this last episode, I'm having flashbacks to Jessica and Ryan from season 2.  If Brandon has gotten abusive and threatening it's no wonder they'd un-invite him even if there was no pending lawsuit.

• Love 9

I'm sad about Katie and Derek, too. I thought they had a decent chance of making it work. So, only 1 out of 5 couples this season is successful. 

Brandon is a terrible human being. At the very least, he needs therapy, and probably rehab. He's throwing out dirt about Taylor on social media, which we haven't seen the slightest evidence for on the show. He's trying to act like the reason their marriage didn't work was all her fault, that she wasn't in it for the right reasons and only did it for PR, when we can all see with our own eyes that Brandon's the one who's been a jerk from Day 1. 

Meka and Michael, I just don't know. Maybe we'll get more clarity from the reunion show. Michael maybe tells lies, which isn't good, or just isn't good at communicating; and Meka takes everything literally and won't listen to any explanation or excuses. I kind of feel for Michael because I am married to a male Meka, who is very literal, and it can definitely lead to misunderstandings and hurt feelings.

• Love 15
On 2/6/2020 at 12:28 PM, Ohwell said:

From the moment he saw her walking down the aisle, something set off his radar, even though he's tried to hide it.  It certainly didn't have anything to do with her looks because she is attractive.  I still wonder if he recognized her due to IG. 

Taylor and Zach should have been matched up because as soon as Zach and Mindy said their vows, he stopped her for a photo, so he could post it to his instagram. That would be enough for me to walk away. Maybe Taylor can relate to that?

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

So, only 1 out of 5 couples this season is successful.

But so far, that one couple really seems great together. I really hope they last because I really enjoy the ease they have around each other.

Poor Michael, for being a Principal/teacher, etc. he really can't find any words to convey what he's going through. When they kept asking him what was wrong, he literally couldn't put it into words. And whenever he'd say, I blame myself, I am failing... I am sorry but that too much dramatic posturing given the situation. And Mika is flogging that stupid comment to death. I am sure he probably did say that he thought it would make sense if they had sex on their honeymoon but he just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who's saying to her - sex on our honeymoon, or I am outta here!I don't think she heard him properly.

I have to confess that I am really p.o'ed that these men 'took off' their wedding bands. Doing that does not make you divorced, you fools. These guys are so disrespectful.

I didn't think anyone could ever be as bad as that basketball player who was matched up to the teacher (the guy who kept going out every night, carousing about with other women). He didn't wear his band either, and at the time I thought he was the worst human I'd seen. But Brandon and Zach (and to a lesser degree, Michael) have tied with him in record time.

• Love 15
19 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Considering the cursing out he gave everyone on the bus in this last episode, I'm having flashbacks to Jessica and Ryan from season 2.  If Brandon has gotten abusive and threatening it's no wonder they'd un-invite him even if there was no pending lawsuit.

According to the spoilers, it was because he filed for an annulment before the reunion.  It also said that he only moved into the apartment for one day and that was it.  It also said Zach never moved in with Mindy at all.  We shall see.

Brandon reminds me of someone I used to know, whose family had been through a very violent incident that was very public.  This happened decades ago, before therapists were dispatched to schools to help children process what was going on.  The result, everybody was talking about what happened, but no one talked to him.  So when he used to pop off all the time and think people were talking about him, it made sense, because that's exactly what happened when he was a kid.  That's what I think happened to Brandon.  Maybe when his brother was killed, no one ever talked to HIM about it, but people talked around him.  That kind of shit is crazy making.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Not surprised about Katie and Derek. She didn't seem into him, probably because she still loves her ex. Wouldn't surprise me if she eventually ends up back with that guy.

I bet she thinks she'll end up with the other guy, who won't want her. Then she'll regret not putting more into her relationship with Derek.

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, essexjan said:

I bet she thinks she'll end up with the other guy, who won't want her. Then she'll regret not putting more into her relationship with Derek.

She is a sad case.  Luckily she is young enough to recover from mistakes she makes in the next couple of years.  She simply cannot keep from imagining her white knight is out there somewhere.

• Love 6
On 2/20/2020 at 1:18 PM, Soup333 said:

I present to you - Jamie Otis.

I guess I'm the only one who thought this was funny, especially the second part with Doug - kind of reminds me of the stuff Celeste Barber does. She bugs on Unfiltered, but I generally like her Instagram stuff, and she is actually pretty nice even when people write mean things. She interacts a lot with her "frans" as she calls them, always giving encouragement and kind words to people who are dealing with infertility and miscarriages.  No doubt she is a fame whore, but she seems pretty harmless to me......

Edited by Ilovepie
  • Love 2