Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

If I remember correctly, Amber basically admitted that she jumped his bones.   

He should've taken a page out of Chicago Cody's book & turned her down. It bit Cody on the ass, but Amber may have cooled off & figured out Matt wasn't worth it sooner.

1 hour ago, silverspoons said:

If I remember, his buddy that had applied was a fireman too and when he decided not to do it they picked Ryan. They obviously had a story line or a reason they wanted a firefighter? Did Jackie have a family member that was a firefighter? I know Courtney did and it seemed one of the reasons they matched her with Jason. 

I don't recall that with Jackie. She had just went through the trauma of her bf dying & really shouldn't have done this show or been accepted. But we can say that for so many...

I always had the feeling Ryan went through with it on a dare. He just reeked of BS.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

He should've taken a page out of Chicago Cody's book & turned her down. It bit Cody on the ass, but Amber may have cooled off & figured out Matt wasn't worth it sooner.

I don't recall that with Jackie. She had just went through the trauma of her bf dying & really shouldn't have done this show or been accepted. But we can say that for so many...

I always had the feeling Ryan went through with it on a dare. He just reeked of BS.

I remember him paying an extra $1,000 for the show provided ring, so it could be nicer, and spouting off Hallmark Chanel platitudes of love. He then proceeded to ignore his bride once the excitement wore off.

• Love 4

Ryan was spending his scheduled night shifts at the fire station but on those nights he could be with Jackie he would rather spend it drinking with his bros...then came home stinking drunk wanting some booty.....

Teacher Amber was practically giving RoundBall Matt a OTTPHJ under the table at the reception and couldn't wait to Humpty Dumpty with her huzzy on their wedding night...

• LOL 2
7 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

Maybe it was about her being female.

If that were the case then why would he even do this show, knowing that he was going to be matched with a female?  He had a job so I don't think he needed the money and a place to stay, like Matt did. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

If that were the case then why would he even do this show, knowing that he was going to be matched with a female?  He had a job so I don't think he needed the money and a place to stay, like Matt did. 

People go on reality shows for a variety of reasons, some of which we will never understand or be able to relate to. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

People go on reality shows for a variety of reasons, some of which we will never understand or be able to relate to. 

I understand.  Which is why we could both be wrong.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lusterleaf said:

MAFS Fan confirmed that Taylor and Brandon are no longer together. She found their divorce filing record.

1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

WHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT?!!!!!!!!! Oh, this gone be good! Brandon was punching above his weight anyway. How dare he!?

1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

That's interesting.  There was something that he didn't like as soon as he laid eyes on her.  Now I'm wondering if it really was about her being black.  

Huh? What did I miss?

27 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Taylor's all giggly on Unfiltered tonight.

I have never witnessed that much weave hair on one person. That has to be 80 bundles of hair she's dragging around.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4

In that Reddit post, the part I don't understand is "...Brandon and 2 other grooms match backed out 30 days prior to shooting... "

What does that mean?  I'm surprised about Taylor though.  

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I have never witnessed that much weave hair on one person. That has to be 80 bundles of hair she's dragging around.

Her hair looked horrible. It was uneven and pulled back on her scalp...giving her a five head.

I do like her upbeat personality and am going to withhold judgment till I see the show.

Are they trying to say she is just a lab tech and not a grad student?

• Love 2

The groomsman on Reddit also says she has a suspended license, so I assume she doesn't drive for Uber and Lyft.

28 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

In that Reddit post, the part I don't understand is "...Brandon and 2 other grooms match backed out 30 days prior to shooting... "

What does that mean?  I'm surprised about Taylor though.  

I think that's bad grammar by the groomsman. I think it should say "Brandon and 2 other grooms' matches backed out 30 days prior to shooting ..." meaning that Brandon (and two others - wonder who?) was supposed to be matched with different people who backed out. Taylor was a last-minute substitute, so they didn't vet her properly (which is shady of the show).

Edited by Empress1
  • Useful 11
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

It can't be more than Cynthia on RHOA.

• LOL 4
10 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Hopefully it's okay to do this as it's from Reddit (spoiler from a groomsman):

image.thumb.png.29011aadf10ba9fa777591c31ec6569f.png

That’s the kind of buzz I had heard as well, that it was a lying/cheating thing rather than Brandon not liking her color. Or her sex.    

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Heh, that's my spoiler.  I posted that yesterday on Reddit.  He was going off in a group I'm in on FB.  He said he's not breaking any NDA by posting all that, but still wanted to screenshot it in case it got deleted. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Heh, that's my spoiler.  I posted that yesterday on Reddit.  He was going off in a group I'm in on FB.  He said he's not breaking any NDA by posting all that, but still wanted to screenshot it in case it got deleted. 

Wow, if all of this is true I guess she is going to bump Mia down to 2nd place in most deceitful bride.  That’s sad because I really liked Taylor.

• Love 4

Taylor confuses me.  Is she a research assistant?  I used to work in research and a research assistant doesn't need a masters or a Ph.D.  In human subjects research, the research assistant interviews research subjects and does follow ups with them.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Why are we taking the groomsmen account as the gospel truth? First Brandon filed for annulment before the show aired, even though we know it's against the show's rule. Now his groomsman who I am very sure signed some form of contract is singing. I just get the vibe that Brandon and his crew are trying to control the narrative. They know he looks bad so they are on a smear campaign. They seem very immature. We shall see what really happened. 

• Useful 7
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Taylor confuses me.  Is she a research assistant?  I used to work in research and a research assistant doesn't need a masters or a Ph.D.  In human subjects research, the research assistant interviews research subjects and does follow ups with them.  

There is an attempt to make this girl look bad. We would keep watching Brandon and his crew 🧐..

20200116_101854.jpg

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Oh good you're here then to take credit!  I wasn't sure if it's okay to take a screenshot post from Reddit, but that was an interesting one so wanted to see what people had to say here. I mostly lurk on Reddit & don't pay much attention to user names etc. So, hope it was okay.

• Love 2

Good Lord, I got the vibe that Brandon did not like Taylor on sight. The thing he did with the cake and the garter seemed like passive aggressive disrespect to me.

I understand not liking your bride but only a giant jerk smears her good name afterwards.

I mean even if Taylor is not research scientist....who cares? She is a brand ambassador which is the the same job that Brandon holds

As far as couch surfing...DC is expensive and the girl has three jobs. People do tend to stay with their parents longer in areas where cost of living is high. It is not like she is lazy and watching TV all day.

Also, Brandon really is no Master of the Universe himself.

I will with withhold final judgment until I see what happens on the show, but I have never seen anyone be as low key hostile upon meeting their bride like Brandon. Even Luke was somewhat civil upon meeting Kate.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 12
Just now, qtpye said:

I will with withhold final judgment until I see what happens on the show, but I have never seen anyone be as low key hostile upon meeting their bride like Brandon. Even Luke was somewhat civil upon meeting Kate.

Yeah I agree. I am very interested to see this season play out, but it's always more interesting to me hearing the behind the scenes spoilers, & then what happens after decision day.

• Love 8

Honestly, I feel like Brandon didn't like Taylor at first sight. I feel like sooo many other black grooms on MAFS that he expected someone different or of an entirely different race/nationality. (Will wanted someone like Meagan Good/Halle Berry but he was paired with Jasmine. Tres wanted a biracial woman, and he was paired with a fully black woman, Vanessa. Tristan wanted a biracial woman who wasn't too dark basically.) There was something in his energy when he saw Taylor that just immediately deflated. I'll hold off judgement regarding the annulment, but I'm curious to see how it will play out.

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I mean even if Taylor is not research scientist....who cares? She is a brand ambassador which is the the same job that Brandon holds

In fairness, if I were matched with someone who claimed one job and then it turned out they did a different job, I would be annoyed. I'm not sure if I would be annoyed at the show or at the person or both, but I would be annoyed. Remember Jamie was annoyed that Elizabeth lied about her job (she didn't even have one when she was cast - which is fine, I've been unemployed and wouldn't judge someone for it, but just say that from the get).

I suspect Taylor does do research but the level of research she does has been exaggerated. I was a research assistant in the psych department (my major) in undergrad (I was "one of the names to contact for info about the study," as someone posted in that screenshot upthread; that doesn't mean anything in terms of seniority). It was a good resume booster for my very first resume, but I wasn't out here making breakthroughs about human behavior. I was a student. I would administer the study to individuals and log answers and do data entry. 

There are lots of different tiers of work in a research setting and my guess is she does lower-level work than the show would have us believe. This may not even be Taylor's fault - it may be that she said "I do research at John's Hopkins" and the show ran with "research scientist.") 

I'm not trying to slam Taylor - neither Taylor nor Brandon is better than the other to me right now in show time - I'm just pointing out that there are lots of possible levels to working in research, and it may be that Taylor's not on a senior one yet. (If she doesn't have an advanced degree, she's almost certainly not at a senior level. See also: "child therapist" Katie.)

Edited by Empress1
grammar fix
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Oh good you're here then to take credit!  I wasn't sure if it's okay to take a screenshot post from Reddit, but that was an interesting one so wanted to see what people had to say here. I mostly lurk on Reddit & don't pay much attention to user names etc. So, hope it was okay.

No worries!  I was kind of thrilled to see it was being shared!  It was a good one and just as I suspected, he's deleted it since, so good thing I got SS's!  I'm not as much of a poster there as I am here, I usually lurk but felt it was too good not to share.  

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

In fairness, if I were matched with someone who claimed one job and then it turned out they did a different job, I would be annoyed. I'm not sure if I would be annoyed at the show or at the person or both, but I would be annoyed. Remember Jamie was annoyed that Elizabeth lied about her job (she didn't even have one when she was cast - which is fine, I've been unemployed and wouldn't judge someone for it, but just say that from the get).

I suspect Taylor does do research but the level of research she does has been exaggerated. I was a research assistant in the psych department (my major) in undergrad (I was "one of the names to contact for info about the study," as someone posted in that screenshot upthread; that doesn't mean anything in terms of seniority). It was a good resume booster for my very first resume, but I wasn't out here making breakthroughs about human behavior. I was a student. I would administer the study to individuals and log answers and do data entry. 

There are lots of different tiers of work in a research setting and my guess is she does lower-level work than the show would have us believe. This may not even be Taylor's fault - it may be that she said "I do research at John's Hopkins" and the show ran with "research scientist.") 

I'm not trying to slam Taylor - neither Taylor nor Brandon are better than the other to me right now in show time - I'm just pointing out that there are lots of possible levels to working in research, and it may be that Taylor's not on a senior one yet. (If she doesn't have an advanced degree, she's almost certainly not at a senior level. See also: "child therapist" Katie.)

All this is true but it probably would not be a deal breaker if he had liked her in the first place. 

Again, Brandon might be an innocent victim in this...I guess we will have to wait and see.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, qtpye said:

As far as couch surfing...DC is expensive and the girl has three jobs. People do tend to stay with their parents longer in areas where cost of living is high. It is not like she is lazy and watching TV all day.

Also, Brandon really is no Master of the Universe himself.

I thought Brandon also lived at home.  

30 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I was a research assistant in the psych department (my major) in undergrad (I was "one of the names to contact for info about the study," as someone posted in that screenshot upthread; that doesn't mean anything in terms of seniority). It was a good resume booster for my very first resume, but I wasn't out here making breakthroughs about human behavior. I was a student. I would administer the study to individuals and log answers and do data entry. 

I'm not trying to slam Taylor - neither Taylor nor Brandon is better than the other to me right now in show time - I'm just pointing out that there are lots of possible levels to working in research, and it may be that Taylor's not on a senior one yet. (If she doesn't have an advanced degree, she's almost certainly not at a senior level. See also: "child therapist" Katie.)

Correct.  I used to hire research assistants, and they were not required to have a MA, they did exactly what @Empress1 just said.  It's probably the show that built up her title to make her look more interesting, not Taylor herself.

I don't get the pushing cake in the face as passive aggressive, I've seen that countless times at weddings, and never thought it was a big deal, it was more along the lines of being funny, but these days every move a person makes gets scrutinized.  I thought Brandon was more into himself and being on TV than he was into Taylor.

• Love 5

I'm enjoying all of the insights, shows that we can all watch the same shows and see things differently, depending on experience.  I didn't see Brandon's throwing cake in Taylor's face as being aggressive, because when I was in college, that's what happened when it was your birthday, Cake smushed in face was standard and I never saw it as aggressive or hateful .  Maybe it's different when a man does it to a woman, don't know.

I think a large portion of the people on this show and on reality shows in general go on reality TV to build their profile, to become social media personalities.  People hate someone on the show?  You'll have others who will label those folks at "haters" and follow the person out of spite.  

One thing the experts really need to do is have more counseling with the couples, especially since many of them did not grow up with fathers in the home, and the show is pushing "traditional" male/female marriages.  For instance, Michael said he was the first person in his family to get married (?)  Did he have other family members who had "traditional" marriages?  Did he have friends whose parents were married?  Questions like those.

Would it matter?  Maybe yes, maybe no.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I'm enjoying all of the insights, shows that we can all watch the same shows and see things differently, depending on experience.  I didn't see Brandon's throwing cake in Taylor's face as being aggressive, because when I was in college, that's what happened when it was your birthday, Cake smushed in face was standard and I never saw it as aggressive or hateful .  Maybe it's different when a man does it to a woman, don't know.

Thank goodness you said college.. that's a frat boy/fuckboy trait. Not a grown ass man ready for marriage. He just rubs me the wrong way and strike me as extremely immature..

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, ctbabe said:

Thank goodness you said college.. that's a frat boy/fuckboy trait. Not a grown ass man ready for marriage. He just rubs me the wrong way and strike me as extremely immature..

In my case it was a sisterly trait as I went to an all woman's college in the 1970's.

But I think Brandon is immature with a capital I.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 12

Interesting last 15mins of this video by auntie... Michael's ex emailed her. Ignore the cussing.. 

2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

In my case it was a sisterly trait as I went to an all woman's college in the 1970's.

But I think Brandon is immature with a capital I.

He is immature with the whole word being capitalized.. IMMATURE.. this was a terrible match

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

The title under her talking head says “research technician.”

• Love 2

I'm with the rest of you withholding judgment until we see what actually happens. Yes, Taylor could be deceitful (wouldn't be the first time we've seen it on this show), but that doesn't explain Brandon's immediate reaction to and treatment of her at the wedding. And we all know how these reality shows like to tinker with people's professions. I'm curious to see when and where it all  goes irreversibly downhill.

• Love 10
On 1/15/2020 at 5:19 PM, Koalagirl said:

Maybe it was about her being female.

I thought exactly the same thing. I kept thinking it all through last night's episode. You think it wouldn't happen in this day and age but it's a true possibility. I think many people still fight that inside themselves.

• Love 3