Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Ohwell said:

That "Auntie" chick is annoying as hell.  I only listed to the first 10 minutes.

Agreed. Too many of those reality show reviewers seem to love to hear themselves talk. They take 30 minutes to say what could be said in five. No thanks.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Ohwell said:

That "Auntie" chick is annoying as hell.  I only listed to the first 10 minutes.

Watch the last 15mins. That's the spoiler.. 

7 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Those titles mean nothing! Remember when last season's Beth's said Account Manager and she didn't even have a job???

But on John Hopkins website, she is listed as an employee so...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, qtpye said:

I mean even if Taylor is not research scientist....who cares? She is a brand ambassador which is the the same job that Brandon holds

A.  I'd care.  A girl who starts a marriage by lying - forget what she told production - to her husband is untrustworthy, enough for me to untie the marriage.

B. Yeah, she was a brand ambassador for a bourbon company.  Wonder how she got her license suspended?

C. I guess she checks this forum because I think she deleted the Linkedin account I quoted in the Ep thread.  In it, she's listed as a "Data Assistant".  She's below a grunt researcher, she's probably just entering data into a spreadsheet and getting people coffee.  Not a bad job if you're trying to get a foot in the door but lying about it looks bad.  I would respect someone saying that they're still a student but took a grunt job in the department she hopes to make a career of. 

On her MAFS bio page she calls herself a "Research Scientist".  She ain't no scientist. 

Edited by Jack Sampson
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
On 1/15/2020 at 8:35 PM, Empress1 said:

I think that's bad grammar by the groomsman. I think it should say "Brandon and 2 other grooms' matches backed out 30 days prior to shooting ..." meaning that Brandon (and two others - wonder who?) was supposed to be matched with different people who backed out. Taylor was a last-minute substitute, so they didn't vet her properly (which is shady of the show).

Like others, I'm going to suspend judgment on Taylor for now, but I can believe that some of the grooms' matches were last minute and therefore not of the best quality.  It's obvious to me that Mindy and Zach are a mismatch in addition to Brandon and Taylor, so this wouldn't surprise me at all.  Even just reading the short bios of these people so far I'm scratching my head as to why some of them were matched.  So far the only match that seems intentional and genuine is the one between Austin and Jessica.  Otherwise, they could have rolled dice and done a better job of matching.

• Love 7

Took one for the team & listened to the last part of Auntie's tea spilling. Here's a quick synopsis of what she said:

-She received an email from Michael's ex gf, who knows Meka & was also at the casting but backed out because of too many red flags reg. Michael.

(My assumption is she knew Michael was there & chosen- maybe someone can clear that up).

-Auntie validated the person's identity, that she was in a relationship with Michael, & Auntie says she saw her in the casting show.

-The ex feels sorry for Meka having been matched with Michael.

-Michael's ex saw tons of red flags while dating him.

-Michael was unemployed in 2018 driving Uber p/t, had no idea what to do in life, & was living with his mom; he was unable to pay when taking the gf out & asked her for gas money while out.

-When she was hanging out with Michael's friends the friends would say that Michael is "under cover". 

-One of her friends said when she was dating Michael he was "zesty" (look it up on Urban Dictionary).

-The ex said Michael hangs out with more women than men & has feminine traits.

-Auntie then went on a rant saying there's nothing wrong with being gay but be true to yourself & don't marry someone who is hetero.

-Auntie also said she "has not received any email in (her) box about Meka passing herself off as something she's not".

-The ex also said she (allegedly says Auntie) had a restraining order out on Michael.

-Auntie said she has a lot more info in the email she won't disclose because she doesn't want Lifetime coming after her.

Take it all for what it's worth. Anyone know Auntie's track record with this type of thing?

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Take it all for what it's worth.

And that's the crux of the matter.  Could just be a jealous ex girlfriend spouting off.  "Auntie" wants to get paid to run her mouth, just like the rest of these internet gossip people.  I don't blame her for wanting to make the money, but that doesn't mean I believe her.  We'll just have to wait and see how things play out. 

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

And that's the crux of the matter.  Could just be a jealous ex girlfriend spouting off.  "Auntie" wants to get paid to run her mouth, just like the rest of these internet gossip people.  I don't blame her for wanting to make the money, but that doesn't mean I believe her.  We'll just have to wait and see how things play out. 

"Auntie" seems like one of those people who are just a little too happy to say bad things about others.

A lot of the suggestion that "all these brothers are gay" has something to do with folks who think that we black women are SO undesirable that the only man who'd want us would be a gay man "undercover."  Maybe Auntie is on to something, but I don't like her.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7
58 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Well I sort of believe aunty about the gf's claim because before the show started, an alleged gf of Micheal made some comments on marriedatfirstsight reddit page. She talked about Micheal being political and full of sarcasm. The sarcasm checks out based on what we see. She wished Meka goodluck because she would need it with him.

I watched the Episode 3 review and auntie is based in the DMV area. It seems she has info on most of the participants even Meka and she is disappointed in the selection of most cast members. That's my take.. 

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

"Auntie" seems like one of those people who are just a little too happy to say bad things about others.

A lot of the suggestion that "all these brothers are gay" has something to do with folks who think that we black women are SO undesirable that the only man who'd want us would be a gay man "undercover."  Maybe Auntie is on to something, but I don't like her.

Just about every man on this show and 90 day fiancée is accused of being gay at one time or another. I know quite a few gay men and none of them want to marry a woman for any reason. Marriages don’t work out in this show for many reasons but mostly because they are matched for drama rather than a good fit. We need to stop saying people are gay unless they tell us they are.

• Love 14

Micheal being political and full of sarcasm

Well he does live in DC -a lot of people are political here...

I'm political and full of sarcasm. It isn't a problem in most of my relationships because I know when it's appropriate to spout and when it's not; and most of my close relationships are with like minded people who appreciate a sarcastic sense of humor.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ctbabe said:

Well I sort of believe aunty about the gf's claim because before the show started, an alleged gf of Micheal made some comments on marriedatfirstsight reddit page. She talked about Micheal being political and full of sarcasm. The sarcasm checks out based on what we see. She wished Meka goodluck because she would need it with him.

I watched the Episode 3 review and auntie is based in the DMV area. It seems she has info on most of the participants even Meka and she is disappointed in the selection of most cast members. That's my take.. 

Again, it could be a jealous ex girlfriend spouting gossip to "Auntie," just like a jealous ex boyfriend might spew gossip about a woman on MAFS.  I still want to see for myself.

And one more thing about "Auntie":   I live in the DMV area and it wouldn't be surprise me at all to see her walking down 14th Street NW, stopping people to tell them some "gossip."

48 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Just about every man on this show and 90 day fiancée is accused of being gay at one time or another. I know quite a few gay men and none of them want to marry a woman for any reason. Marriages don’t work out in this show for many reasons but mostly because they are matched for drama rather than a good fit. We need to stop saying people are gay unless they tell us they are.

Thank you.  Just because a man's relationship with a woman on this show doesn't work out, that doesn't mean he's gay.   I'm tired of that fallback trope. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I don't believe anything that hasn't been proven, but if Meka starts looking bad I'm not going to be able to help but wonder if she's just getting a bad edit & shit's going on behind the scenes we don't know about. It's not like it hasn't happened before. We'll see because it will depend on what's going on with everyone.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I don't believe anything that hasn't been proven, but if Meka starts looking bad I'm not going to be able to help but wonder if she's just getting a bad edit & shit's going on behind the scenes we don't know about. It's not like it hasn't happened before. We'll see because it will depend on what's going on with everyone.

I'm wondering how Taylor is going to come off as well. A lot of people have pegged him as the one with the issues there but she also seemed as if she was faking it for me. Could have been the nerves for both but I don't think she was as happy as she claimed to be. It'd make sense if she was a last minute recruitment.

So Katie and Derek are potentially this season's Beth and Jamie. Very passionate at first but then quickly turn into a raging mess.

I could see Mindy and Zach being a little like Sheila and whoever (can't remember that asshole's name) OR any other couple where the husband is duplicitous, acting one way with the cameras on and another with them off. God help her if he's another Luke. 

Jessica and Austin could be another Ashley and Anthony/Dionna and Greg. Kind of low key with producer driven drama that will come to nothing.

I can't read Michael enough to tell who he might remind me of just yet. Meka could be brash and rude like Jasmine but she could also be another Heather (Derek) and just not want to take Michael's shit. Can't tell yet.

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I actually find it really offensive. "He didn't want me, he must be gay." Or maybe you're kind of an asshole, or maybe y'all were just incompatible, or maybe the timing was bad ... like, most relationships don't last forever. Him having female friends isn't evidence of anything.

And whether he was unemployed in 2018 is irrelevant. I mean, I was unemployed in 2015 after I got laid off. I collected unemployment and eventually found another job, like millions of people. So what? Is he employed NOW, doing what he and the show say he was doing? Like, if that's true, he was unemployed, driving for Uber to have some income coming in (which is nothing to be ashamed of - I mean, the gig economy is anti-worker but you do what you have to do), and then he ... got a job. Which is ... what you're supposed to do. So what's the problem?

• Love 22

@humbleopinion, I am going to guess that even though the show hints at Zach cheating, Mindy will get the bad edit for giving him a reason to cheat. 

I just wonder why the season is having so many spoilers come out this early. People have done interviews, plus what has been posted on social media. I question if these are fake and are only to keep us watching? Although, now we are down 2 couple we know won't make it, and I think we can add a couple more to that list that just seem headed that way. The only couple with a possibility seems to be Austin and Jessica.

• Love 5

I know this has been speculated before but maybe we're getting all this info because at least one couple has an early decision day to end it. Maybe a couple (or two) implodes before the honeymoon is even over, or shortly thereafter.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

We are drowning in spilled tea....throw me a lifesaver.....

Am guessing the season must be a stinker/snooze fest so a loosening of the clamp down of spoilers to generate eyeballs...

Makes no matter to me...as a member of the choir... I am front and center and awaiting to be delighted, disappointed, shocked, and charmed by the cast... show me the whole gamut of human suffering and happiness...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-spoilers-zach-justice-mindy-shiben-split-on-decision-day/

They're dropping like flies this season. I think we all called this one though.

I don't think Mindy is attractive at all and the experts were almost cruel to set up this pairing. I mean, we have very little interaction with these people and many caught a vibe from Zack that he was acting almost immediately yet these "experts" did not? Please.

This is definitely no surprise but I love that they just all of a sudden decided to have 5 couples this time and it just so happens that a couple of episodes into the season, we are hearing that 2 of them crashed and burned via "leaks." It could be designed to up the drama and rake in more viewers. If there were the regular 3 couples and this happened, the season would be over but here they have backups. I find that fishy.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
On 1/17/2020 at 10:30 AM, Neurochick said:

On 1/17/2020 at 10:00 AM, Ohwell said:

I am some who has watched Auntie for years. She used to cover Big brother and then had some 90 day interviews that interested me. She can be loud and some do not like her style but she gives her you tube money to charity or back to followers in need so she does not seem like she is in it for money. Every month she goes over the money and sometimes she pre picks a charity or local need, like she gave Thanksgiving to 100 families in DC, or at Christmas she sent gifts to people who are caregivers to aging parents or sick family members. She has a full time career and her you tube was started as her only child went off to college(that is the daughter who is now in law school) and she is not married  and she wanted to create a community to chat with about her favorite shows. 

It seems like people from these shows trust her for some reason. She used to have live call in nights and 90 day cast would call in and talk to her. She actually backed away for months because it became so overwhelming with 90 cast trying to have her solve their issues and she had full professional job and the cast was bothering her at it.  If you watch her Auntie's advice channel for women, you see the real Auntie. She is more soft spoken , is doing some DIY, or cooking and telling stories from the heart. 

My husband wakes up every time I turn her on and she yells It's Auntie...I wish sometimes she was a little less loud but I believe what she says. She has always double checked and verified in the past sources and ID's of people. 

• Useful 13
  • Love 3
On 1/19/2020 at 12:03 PM, humbleopinion said:

We are drowning in spilled tea....throw me a lifesaver.....

Am guessing the season must be a stinker/snooze fest so a loosening of the clamp down of spoilers to generate eyeballs...

Makes no matter to me...as a member of the choir... I am front and center and awaiting to be delighted, disappointed, shocked, and charmed by the cast... show me the whole gamut of human suffering and happiness...

Humble, you just about summed up how I feel on this subject and the entire show!  Plus as far as Zach and Mindy splitting, my reaction is "So tell me something I didn't already know would happen".  I guess the show figured out that people want spoilers and may lose interest if they don't get some real dirt.  A lot of people watch shows like this for their train wreck value and want to see a preview of what's to come.  I also figure that the show had to know that Zach and Mindy wouldn't make it and matched them purely for the drama and leaked spoiler value.  Zach for sure seems like an actor, and so far he certainly has the act down pat, but when I froze the frame after he kissed her on the mouth a couple of times during the wedding photo shoot, afterward he looked down and pursed his lips as if to indicate disgust.  It's those micro-expressions that give them away every time!

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Part of the fun of this show is getting "clues" on social media and speculating whether or not a couple is together.

I remember one season the show shut down all social media talk and it seemed like interest declined a bit.  One podcast I enjoyed stopped covering the show. I think it was the Luke and Kate season because I remember the male pod caster really ragging on Luke.

However, we rarely got confirmations for divorces like this season. We certainly never got them before the wedding episodes were over.

Either these 4 people really hated each other or as others have said maybe this is publicity for the show. I guess some people will enjoy the train wreck factor of watching the two couples who divorced implode.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I am some who has watched Auntie for years. She used to cover Big brother and then had some 90 day interviews that interested me. She can be loud and some do not like her style but she gives her you tube money to charity or back to followers in need so she does not seem like she is in it for money. Every month she goes over the money and sometimes she pre picks a charity or local need, like she gave Thanksgiving to 100 families in DC, or at Christmas she sent gifts to people who are caregivers to aging parents or sick family members. She has a full time career and her you tube was started as her only child went off to college(that is the daughter who is now in law school) and she is not married  and she wanted to create a community to chat with about her favorite shows. 

It seems like people from these shows trust her for some reason. She used to have live call in nights and 90 day cast would call in and talk to her. She actually backed away for months because it became so overwhelming with 90 cast trying to have her solve their issues and she had full professional job and the cast was bothering her at it.  If you watch her Auntie's advice channel for women, you see the real Auntie. She is more soft spoken , is doing some DIY, or cooking and telling stories from the heart. 

My husband wakes up every time I turn her on and she yells It's Auntie...I wish sometimes she was a little less loud but I believe what she says. She has always double checked and verified in the past sources and ID's of people. 

Yes, all her good deeds are interesting, but I still find her annoying as hell.  Most importantly, I'll still wait and see for myself what happens on this show instead of relying on her gossip.  She might be right, but we'll see.   

• Love 2

Came here to read the reflections upon Michael’s annulment filing the day after filming ended and I don’t see anything 😞 ! So I’ll start. What’s with the annulments this season (vs divorce)? Did they all get a group lawyer or court fees discount?

11 hours ago, qtpye said:

One podcast I enjoyed stopped covering the show.

I was more excited about that podcast than about the show! Do you know why they stopped?

• Love 1

Michael filed for an annulment the day after filming ended, because they didn't consummate the marriage.  Several couples had to settle for a divorce even though they didn't consummate their marriage, so I don't understand why Brandon and Michael think they will be the exceptions. 

So far, I have Mindy/Zach, Michael/Meka and Brandon/Taylor calling it quits, but I've read that it's four out of five.  Which couple am I missing?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Michael filed for an annulment the day after filming ended, because they didn't consummate the marriage.  Several couples had to settle for a divorce even though they didn't consummate their marriage, so I don't understand why Brandon and Michael think they will be the exceptions. 

So far, I have Mindy/Zach, Michael/Meka and Brandon/Taylor calling it quits, but I've read that it's four out of five.  Which couple am I missing?

Wait, did I miss  this about Michael and Meka? Is there a link somewhere? I only heard about Brandon/Taylor and Zach/Mindy. They're dropping like flies.🙄

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

Wait, did I miss  this about Michael and Meka? Is there a link somewhere? I only heard about Brandon/Taylor and Zach/Mindy. They're dropping like flies.🙄

It was on mafs fan Insta story today I believe that Michael filed for annulment day after filming was over and they didn’t consummate the marriage. What a shit show and the season hasn’t even really started yet! 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, ShowFan said:

Came here to read the reflections upon Michael’s annulment filing the day after filming ended and I don’t see anything 😞 ! So I’ll start. What’s with the annulments this season (vs divorce)? Did they all get a group lawyer or court fees discount?

I was more excited about that podcast than about the show! Do you know why they stopped?

They were covering a couple other shows and had to cut something and MAFS was probably the least popular.

This season is turning out terribly. I figured no more than 2 couples would stay together and it looks like I'm right. This isn't doing anything to help out their success average. Why are they so bad at pairing people? I know they keep saying it isn't for drama, but come on! Anyone of us on this board could do a better job, and we're not self-styled "experts". 

Zach is a real piece of work. I hope Mindy finds someone decent after this show, but she's probably going to be gun shy for a while.

I loved the Bride and Doom podcast too. They were just really bored with the show, and since they were covering 90 Day Fiance, they wanted to put their energy toward that, so they dropped MAFS.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gingerandcloves said:

This season is turning out terribly.

Totally. I usually like looking for the spoilers, but I've gotta say, it might be affecting my decision to watch this season. The fact that it's only episode 3 and we already know for certain what happened to 3 of the five is making think this whole season is going to be drama with little in between. I do not want to watch a show with 6-8 (depending on what happens with Katie and Derek) people at each other's throats. And the fact that the episodes are TWO HOURS! doesn't really excite me to slog through this garbage either......

• Love 3
2 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

This season is turning out terribly.

It really irritates me to hear Pastor Poseur exclaim 'It's the biggest season ever'.

Will more couples help these young people be more successful?  Longer episodes won't help, just more repetition of what was said before the commercial after the commercial.  WTF.

Maybe he means with 2 hour episodes advertising revenue will be the biggest ever.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I wonder if Iris and the man who was married to her filed for an annulment since the marriage was never consummated, since you know, Iris was a virgin.

If anyone had grounds for an annulment, it would be Keith.  They were wrong for pairing him with a virgin without asking his permission.  Interestingly, before they paired Bobby with Danielle, they asked him if he would have a problem with an older woman.  The same courtesy should have been extended to Keith. 

I have a feeling this season is going to be like 2, 3 and 4, in that everyone got divorced.

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 7
Just now, Adeejay said:

I have a feeling this season is going to be like 3 and 4, in that everyone got divorced.

I'm still holding out hope for Austin and Jessica, but with four out of five divorcing, this doesn't do anything to help their success rate......

• Love 4

Here’s my theory on Zach.  I think he thought he would either get a 10 since he’s a model or a 5 that through his fitness coaching he could transform into a 7-8.  I don’t think it occurred to him that he could get an attractive and athletic woman who is about an 8.  He doesn’t want her because she isn’t a 10 and he’s pissed he can’t coach her and come out of this looking like a hero and using it to get clients.  The low level rudeness he treats her with is awful (refusing to help her with her bag, calling her oily, condescending tone).

• Useful 1
  • Love 12