Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/14/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Just now, Pearson80 said:

Perhaps, Kamala changed the pronunciation if her name because she is in the states. I have a French name and people butcher it all the time, so I let anglophones say my name in the way that it is easier for them.. You get tired of constantly correcting people,,lol

Like I said, maybe her parents thought this pronunciation was to combine their heritages. Her name isn't really that difficult to pronounce--either way!

Don't I know it. My own name gets butchered all the time. No matter how many times I try to explain how to say it, which is simple. But, what can you do? I've been called Sangria, Serengeti (yes, the one in Africa), and others. So I totally get it. But I have to laugh and roll my eyes when people muck up the simpler names.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

She (MM) sure did giggle like a schoolgirl when today's  Guest Bookie Brian Seltzer (tm Joy hehe) suggested that SHE herself should write a book

yeah, just more confirmation to her that her feeling everyone wants to know what she thinks about everything is real

bless her heart

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

"There are good people like Rand Paul..."

Doesn't Meghan hate Rand Paul? I feel like I remember her saying that on the show.

I remember her expressing, at the very least, some intense dislike...

My heart breaks for Breonna Taylor's family.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

She (MM) sure did giggle like a schoolgirl when today's  Guest Bookie Brian Seltzer (tm Joy hehe) suggested that SHE herself should write a book

See I took that comment as shade on his part 🙂.    MM did one of her trademark rambling questions bashing various CNN personalities and execs.   His response was maybe she should write a book.  Then proceeded to call her CNN examples as cherry picked biased stories from Tucker Carlson.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, After7Only said:

See I took that comment as shade on his part 🙂.    MM did one of her trademark rambling questions bashing various CNN personalities and execs.   His response was maybe she should write a book.  Then proceeded to call her CNN examples as cherry picked biased stories from Tucker Carlson.   

Oh it was total shade, agreed.  I was looking away so i didn't actually see her, i only heard her and she did the giggle thing.  Or I'm inventing it lol who knows.

Sidenote- Caitlyn Jenner is on TMZ right now giving Rogan a beatdown.  Figuratively of course

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Alot of the books were delayed because of corona...

Can't hurt that there's an election coming up

1 hour ago, cinsays said:

yeah, just more confirmation to her that her feeling everyone wants to know what she thinks about everything is real

bless her heart

*bless her heart*  i love that hehe  💝💋

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Isn't Tucker another one of the many racists MM enjoys? Meghan can criticize the other networks all she wants, but she always implies the other networks are just as bad and that Fox gets the most flak because of politics, when that's just not true. 

And would MM give Cuomo credit for anything positive he accomplished (or something she considered positive)? The way she tries to with you know who like she did today? Does she care when people of her party have policies that literally send people to die? 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Well Meghan I would bet you Middle East peace is even farther down voter's list of concerns.  She was just reaching for something that makes Trump look good.

I was very disappointed that no one made this point after her rant about climate change yesterday.

45 minutes ago, After7Only said:

ee I took that comment as shade on his part 🙂.    MM did one of her trademark rambling questions bashing various CNN personalities and execs.   His response was maybe she should write a book.  Then proceeded to call her CNN examples as cherry picked biased stories from Tucker Carlson.   

And he managed to throw a little more shade when he said the media are not the enemy of Republicans!  This article actually covered that. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/cnn-e2-80-99s-brian-stelter-blasts-e2-80-98hypocrite-e2-80-99-hannity-on-e2-80-98the-view-e2-80-99/ar-BB196SSY

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't remember. 😞

Found it  ( my wrong wording/ thinking ).        “ when Cohen attempted to flatter McCain by calling her father John McCain “ a great hero” she stopped him to say “ that doesn’t go far with me” with a lot of people who say things like that ,with all due respect ,he said that before he was a nominee. And again I understand, but I knew who president Trump was from day one.   it doesn’t take your book to tell me differently” 

that’s when he said your question is what Megan? 

at the time I wondered about her response because it wasn’t just before he was a nominee ,it was numerous references about er father. correct ? 

• Love 3

I DVR the show each day.  Eight days into the new season, and here's what I learned:

I FF whenever Sara is on camera. She offers absolutely nothing at all to these political conversations. Nothing.  She belongs on the vapid 'The Talk' and discuss Hollywood gossip. Not on this show, discussing serious topics and political topics. She's in way over her head.

We need a 'canned laugh track' from the 60s and 70s sitcoms, when MeAgain is on camera. Just her make-up alone deserves a laugh track. And whose bright idea was it to dress her in animal print today ?  She's a good example of 'when you don't look into the mirror before you leavethe house'...

Sunny is just the opposite. She used to be so beautiful, but now she looks frumpy. Something is going on with her brows, and her makeup is too dark. Her clothes don't look too cheerful, either.

Joy has become bitter and confrontational - with everyone, it seems. I get she's angry, and is experiencing 'quarantine fatigue'. But take it out on others - not the cohosts, which transfers to the audience. Call the White House, and vent to Trump.

Whoopi has checked out of her hosting duties months ago. You can tell she's not a fan of trying to bring order to this circus, with everyone at home.  Just send her the paycheck, and she will be happy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I DVR the show each day.  Eight days into the new season, and here's what I learned:

I FF whenever Sara is on camera. She offers absolutely nothing at all to these political conversations. Nothing.  She belongs on the vapid 'The Talk' and discuss Hollywood gossip. Not on this show, discussing serious topics and political topics. She's in way over her head.

We need a 'canned laugh track' from the 60s and 70s sitcoms, when MeAgain is on camera. Just her make-up alone deserves a laugh track. And whose bright idea was it to dress her in animal print today ?  She's a good example of 'when you don't look into the mirror before you leavethe house'...

Sunny is just the opposite. She used to be so beautiful, but now she looks frumpy. Something is going on with her brows, and her makeup is too dark. Her clothes don't look too cheerful, either.

Joy has become bitter and confrontational - with everyone, it seems. I get she's angry, and is experiencing 'quarantine fatigue'. But take it out on others - not the cohosts, which transfers to the audience. Call the White House, and vent to Trump.

Whoopi has checked out of her hosting duties months ago. You can tell she's not a fan of trying to bring order to this circus, with everyone at home.  Just send her the paycheck, and she will be happy.

If they include a check for Whoopie's daughter and all her extended family, we'll never see her again.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I haven’t watched the show in awhile now and I’m only commenting because I heard Meghan McCain was advocating for Charlamagne Tha God to host a political debate.

Charlamagne admitted to raping his wife while she was drunk and laughed about it on his podcast.

He was arrested for sexual misconduct with a minor and pleaded guilty in 2001. The same young lady came out a couple years ago and said he raped her and that she wanted the case reopened.

In 2015 he said that he added Spanish Fly to the drink of a woman and had sex with her while she was “drunk as shit” and not coherent. 

There was a compilation video on The Breakfast Club’s (a popular radio show where he’s one of three hosts) official YouTube channel of him being a major creep to a number of female guests. He sniffed chairs and was making sexually suggestive remarks. They took the video down and it’s nowhere to be found now.

Just thought I’d let everyone know who exactly she’s advocating for to host a political debate.

And Sunny’s right about Joe Rogan.

That’s all. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan just said  yesterday that climate change is way down on her list of concerns when talking about this year's election. Well Meghan I would bet you Middle East peace is even farther down voter's list of concerns.  She was just reaching for something that makes Trump look good.

Meghan fillets Trump for what he said about her father so why does she want anything that makes Trump look good? 

I don't get it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Whoopie checked out years ago even when Baba Wawa was there.  I used to enjoy their weird dynamic, Barbara used to always let Whoopie know that she was the alpha female and she had to watch out...lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Found it  ( my wrong wording/ thinking ).        “ when Cohen attempted to flatter McCain by calling her father John McCain “ a great hero” she stopped him to say “ that doesn’t go far with me” with a lot of people who say things like that ,with all due respect ,he said that before he was a nominee. And again I understand, but I knew who president Trump was from day one.   it doesn’t take your book to tell me differently” 

that’s when he said your question is what Megan? 

at the time I wondered about her response because it wasn’t just before he was a nominee ,it was numerous references about er father. correct ? 

Ohh yes, I thought you asked about this happening before with someone else.

Correct. 

8 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I have a French name, first and last name and people butcher it all the time, so I let anglophones say my name in the way that it is easier for them.

Off-topic but...

Are you old enough to remember when French singer Claudine Longet, ex-wife of singer Andy Williams, shot and killed her very handsome lover Spider Sabich in Aspen in 1976 because he was planning to leave her? Sabich was a champion World Cup ski racer and member of the US Olympic downhill team who turned pro. Anyway, the controversial homicide misdemeanor reckless manslaughter conviction and subsequent 30-day sentence kept the case in the news 24/7 for many months. She was haaaate-ed. 

The butchering of her beautiful French name by many in the press and public was a crime in itself.

(Her defense attorney left his wife and children to co-habit with her before the case was resolved and they still are married and living in Aspen today).

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Off-topic but...

Are you old enough to remember when French singer Claudine Longet, ex-wife of singer Andy Williams, shot and killed her very handsome lover Spider Sabich in Aspen in 1976 because he was planning to leave her? Sabich was a champion World Cup ski racer and member of the US Olympic downhill team who turned pro. Anyway, the controversial homicide misdemeanor reckless manslaughter conviction and subsequent 30-day sentence kept the case in the news 24/7 for many months. She was haaaate-ed. 

The butchering of her beautiful French name by many in the press and public was a crime in itself.

(Her defense attorney left his wife and children to co-habit with her before the case was resolved and they still are married and living in Aspen today).

I'll try not to get too OT, but holy crap, that's quite the story. I'm personally not old enough and hadn't heard about this before. 

I heard Kamala's name mispronounced on MSNBC earlier today. I forgot by who. I'm sure a lot of people watch the news and figure the anchors must have the proper pronunciation down, and they don't. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Off-topic but...

I do remember the story. But the part where her defense attorney ended up with her? Why wasn't this a book or movie?

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Whoopie checked out years ago even when Baba Wawa was there.  I used to enjoy their weird dynamic, Barbara used to always let Whoopie know that she was the alpha female and she had to watch out...lol

I think Whoopi got her mojo back in the past few years once Trump became President. She was more on 'her game' at the table, and had interesting views to contribute. She had control of the conversations, and had quite a few moments in the spotlight (Judge Jeanine for starters).

Since doing this circus remotely from home, it's not the same. She's lost total control as moderator, and she knows it . It's a free-for-all now, and it's become out of control. Although, she was lauded for what she did yesterday with MeAgain.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/the-views-meghan-mccain-changes-subject-away-from-trumps-town-hall-flop-but-whoopi-goldberg-sets-her-straight/

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I will give Meghan $1.00 if she can point out Bahrain on a map.

Can she 'phone a friend' for help ?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

If they include a check for Whoopie's daughter and all her extended family, we'll never see her again.

fine with me

she is useless and just takes up time trying to say something coherent

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Oh Gads!  10 minutes into the show & Meagain is attacking Doctors & the CDC for lying to HER!  She doesnt believe in the mask mandate, she is with Trump that she doesnt believe Dr. Redfield!  OMG....I cant take it!  We are in a National emergency & she is poo pooing the Experts!

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

I can’t stop staring at Meghan’s lip! I can’t even concentrate on what she’s saying. 😙

The lips are bad, but again with the glitter on the eyelids!!  Absolutely ridiculous look for someone who wants to be taken as a serious political pundit!!  And, that eye shadow looks especially stupid with a plaid blouse/shirt - who knew that "sparkly lumberjack" was a fashion look??  

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I'm terrified of Americans because of people like Meghan and her ignorance regarding the topic.

Americans are also afraid of Meghan and people like her's ignorance.

30 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Meg, for the eleventy billionth time, THEY DID NOT LIE ABOUT THE MASKS. They weren't sure before, but wanted the front line workers to be extra careful. That's not the same thing.

Meghan is like a dog with a bone. She will never let this go.  Being unsure of something or learning as we go along is not lying.  But Meghan is smug enough to think she knows everything already and if she doesn't know it it's not worth knowing.

11 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan: I can't buy a crib

Also Meghan: Kids should go out and play sports so I don't feel scared.

Ok Meghan if there is nothing to fear I'm sure you and your family will be voting in person.  Having a party to introduce your child to all your friends and family.  Using mass transit.  Oh wait a minute.  You only want all of us peasants to get back to work so your life can continue to be privileged.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

I'm no fan of Sara, but she was correct about wearing a mask. This shouldn't even be a debate.  Then over to Meghan who says we were lied to about wearing masks, she gave her masks away, and blah blah blah.

No one lied about about wearing masks!! So much was unknown about COVID and does she expect nothing to evolve as more is learned about it?

I was ready to throw water at her on my TV but she wouldn't gotten drenched. Gosh, I didn't think I could despise her more!

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 22

Let me ask my fellow posters. Does Meghan really believe what she says about wearing masks (they are useless, we were lied to) or is she being a puppet and repeating what she was told to say?

I personally think she is supporting her team. And if someone came near her not wearing a mask she would scream bloody murder.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Let me ask my fellow posters. Does Meghan really believe what she says about wearing masks (they are useless, we were lied to) or is she being a puppet and repeating what she was told to say?

I personally think she is supporting her team. And if someone came near her not wearing a mask she would scream bloody murder.

I vote for supporting the team.   Her words are almost always talking points heard on Fox news or from her husband.   She tends to repeat the same examples over and over.   I do not believe she gave away her masks because the government told her they weren't needed.   As much as she rails against big government, her doing something because the government told her to, rings false.    That story that she keeps repeating definitely came from her husband.   

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, pachebo said:

Re: Tuesday - Whoopi ,for at least the second time in my recollection, mispronounces CA gov's name as NewsCom.

Megan looks like a lady ghost in a Chinese horror movie.

Haha i concur. 😂 I do like her hair today though.  That straight down whatever earlier in the week was no bueno 🙃

It must be tough for Meghan to live in a world that you don't know who to listen to and you have no instinct/gut feeling that tells you what to do during a global pandemic.   The fact that she had masks and her husband gave them away leads me to believe that it was his view on mask wearing that she was adopting.  If so, shame on him for not considering her pregnancy just to be safe!

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I vote for supporting the team.   Her words are almost always talking points heard on Fox news or from her husband.   She tends to repeat the same examples over and over.   I do not believe she gave away her masks because the government told her they weren't needed.   As much as she rails against big government, her doing something because the government told her to, rings false.    That story that she keeps repeating definitely came from her husband.   

I don't understand her story about giving her masks away. She says SHE was lied to, so she had her husband give her masks away.  She said she would have gladly given them to nurses and doctors.  When sara said something about  the early worries of hospitals not having enough. Who did she give them to?  And it was really early on when "the we don't know if masks are necessary" and it seemed we were all told wear masks pretty early spring.  It was a short period of time. Why is she so angry? (Silly question, I know).  She really has shifted her beliefs. At the start of this pandemic all the women were pretty good about listening to Dr's and trying to deliver a clear sensible message.  It's like Meghan realized she was sounding like her "radical liberal" cohosts  and had be the "maverick"  badass and rebeling against what the government says.

Re: college sports 

I did love Sunny's little jab about hoping they don't get booed if they kneel.  Meghan is bored and scared and bringing back sports to entertain people is more important than the issues it will cause. Be careful Meghan your entitlement is showing.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Meg, for the eleventy billionth time, THEY DID NOT LIE ABOUT THE MASKS. They weren't sure before, but wanted the front line workers to be extra careful. That's not the same thing.

exactly!  they were learning more about it as time went on and then firmed up their advice on the masks. she's just proving to me that she's voting for trump, regardless of what she says.

• Love 14

Meghan's point doesn't make sense. Maybe in the US, people were talking about how masks don't work (I never heard this) but those of us outside of the country knew this early on. China and South Korea made sure it was on right away to curb the spread. It's mandated in many cities here in Canada. Where you'll get a fine if you don't where it.

Yeah, people in the US were saying we didn't need a mask early on.  But like the other posters have said I think it was because they just didn't know yet.  I don't think it was a lie and I don't think there is some underground conspiracy network that decided they need to lie so frontline workers could get all the masks.  Sara was doing good challenging her but then backed down when Meghan was a bitch.

My gym requires a mask at all times, so I do an hour cardio and hour lift in it.  It is really not that big of a deal to wear one.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

The lips are bad, but again with the glitter on the eyelids!!  Absolutely ridiculous look for someone who wants to be taken as a serious political pundit!!  And, that eye shadow looks especially stupid with a plaid blouse/shirt - who knew that "sparkly lumberjack" was a fashion look??  

especially if you are just sitting home!  bad enough if you were going out in the evening to a club, but just to sit for the show? guess she thinks she looks good this way

the glamour-posed selfies everyday on twitter are ridiculous too

don't you have a baby to plan for?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, cinsays said:

the glamour-posed selfies everyday on twitter are ridiculous too

I had a FB friend who would post the same pose every.single.day. Literally same pose just different outfit. And every day it was the same comments from the same people telling her how good she looked. I finally made a post saying to whom it may concern we all know what you look like. Stop posting so many selfies. And I added if you think this post is about you it is.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1