Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/14/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

On 9/14/2020 at 11:25 AM, Pearson80 said:
11 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I may not agree with Kim Klacik, but the interview seems overly hostile for no reason. The exchanges are uncomfortable to watch.

Ha Ha! That was great. Sunny, Joy and Ana did not like Kim at all.  That was the best content I’ve watched all week. 

• Love 7
Just now, Bronzedog said:

And, it just got a whole lot more hostile!  And.....interview over...

Yep.

I get that Kim is spewing a lot of ignorant talking points, but the hostile nature that the ladies used when interviewing her made her come for Joy and get into a stupid argument. Now she'll be seen as being bullied by the "left" media and be used to show just how intolerant they are.

She's like Meghan and they can handle her, so they should have done better.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I may not agree with Kim Klacik, but the interview seems overly hostile for no reason. The exchanges are uncomfortable to watch.

What happened? was Kim in the same vein as Candace Owens,  if she is then, oh well..

• LOL 3

Thank you Joy and Sunny for dismissing that twit Kacik.  She's asked a question about how the virus is affecting Black people and starts talking about Bill freaking Clinton.  I know all politicians do this but it annoys the hell out of me; answer the question asked, not the question you want to answer!!!  If this is the best the Republicans can do in that district, Kweisi will win in a landslide in November!

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

What happened? was Kim in the same vein as Candace Owens,  if she is then, oh well..

Pretty much, but whenever Joy, Sunny or Ana asked her a question they'd dismiss her before she spoke which I didn't like. She's a true Trumper that will forgive everything he does, like Meghan, only she's more vocal about it. In my eyes, even though she's a hack, the way the interview was done and how Joy closed it at the end, made Kim come out better than everyone. It worked in Kim's favour and the right will use this in the coming days to show how liberals are intolerant to those who don't think like them, especially if they are black.

There's a way to let her ignorance shine through without the hostility to make her the next golden child for the right.

• Love 10
Just now, MeThinkMeNot said:

Pretty much, but whenever Joy, Sunny or Ana asked her a question they'd dismiss her before she spoke which I didn't like. She's a true Trumper that will forgive everything he does, like Meghan, only she's more vocal about it. In my eyes, even though she's a hack, the way the interview was done and how Joy closed it at the end, made Kim come out better than everyone. It worked in Kim's favour and the right will use this in the coming days to show how liberals are intolerant to those who don't think like them, especially if they are black.

There's a way to let her ignorance shine through without the hostility to make her the next golden child for the right.

They would do that regardless.  Kim is not trying to uplift the Black community by offering a conservative perspective it is all about elevating herself.   Being a right wing Black conservative is much more lucrative than being a Black Democrat.  She is a unicorn who will do her team's bidding for a check..

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I live about 40 minutes from Baltimore and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Kim Klacik doesn't have a prayer.

Lol one of my friends is originally from Baltimore and she said Kim doesn’t have a chance in hell.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

They would do that regardless.  Kim is not trying to uplift the Black community by offering a conservative perspective it is all about elevating herself.   Being a right wing Black conservative is much more lucrative than being a Black Democrat.  She is a unicorn who will do her team's bidding for a check..

I agree and I don't like her personally, but the way the interview was done didn't do any favours to the View. They've dismissed people before in a way that highlighted just how ridiculous the guest was, I just don't think it was done well here. The interview was done so badly that Kim brought up the right talking point that Joy did blackface. If the hostility didn't happen and Kim brought that up, then that's one thing. But it came after everything that happened which made it seem like was being bullied and defended herself.

Kim is a token and just parroting talking points, but I don't think the interview was good.

• Love 2

Meghan saying be polite as Sunny and Joy had it with Kim Klaclk, really ?The rudest person on the panel to guest she considers, not on her team. Stfu Meghan.  Kim was spewing BS, so I'm not even going there.

The question I have is what shade was Sunny throwing?  Meghan rambled on about black and latino men. Then Joy asked Sunny to weigh in, She had this smirk on her face and asked is this September? ,  then said I have nothing to add.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
25 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

13 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

And, it just got a whole lot more hostile!  And.....interview over...

That was bad. That was sooooooo bad. 

It's like certain conservative women graduate from the same finishing school, armed with the same talking points that are purposely geared to trigger progressive folk. Attractive, poised, well-groomed and trained to put out misinformation, deflection, rapid fire word salad. You can set your watch by it. 

And, Lord, they all fell for it. 🤦‍♀️ Something  else you can set your watch by. 😖😞😩 I feel the ladies of the View could have handled that so much better. They let that baby-voiced talking politician Barbie get under their skin. 

The conservative media sphere is gonna have a field day with this.

Damn. 

• Love 5

That Kim Klacik interview was wild. Tbh, I actually thought the ladies handled it so badly. Joy *did* do blackface at one point, so it wasn't that out of line for Kim to call it out. Just because she got called out for a mistake she made in the past doesn't mean they needed to all throw a fit and end the interview like that. And btw I say this as somebody who doesn't agree with Kim or republicans at all. But all this is going to do is help conservatives push their narrative that The View is a one sided show where they just kick off anybody who disagrees with them.

Edited by sevenrings
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I agree and I don't like her personally, but the way the interview was done didn't do any favours to the View. They've dismissed people before in a way that highlighted just how ridiculous the guest was, I just don't think it was done well here. The interview was done so badly that Kim brought up the right talking point that Joy did blackface. If the hostility didn't happen and Kim brought that up, then that's one thing. But it came after everything that happened which made it seem like was being bullied and defended herself.

Kim is a token and just parroting talking points, but I don't think the interview was good.

The fact that she brought up "Blackface" lets me know all that I needed to know.  Joy never did Blackface, that is her team's talking point. Joy showed that picture years ago and it was taken in the 60's.  That picture was not offensive at all.

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

The fact that she brought up "Blackface" lets me know all that I needed to know.  Joy never did Blackface, that is her team's talking point. Joy showed that picture years ago and it was taken in the 60's.  That picture was not offensive at all.

Yep. I’m black. I wasn’t offended at all by that photo. 🤷🏽‍♀️

That wasn’t blackface and Joy’s already addressed it numerous times.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 23
5 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

The question I have is what shade was Sunny throwing? Meghan rambled on about black and latino men. Then Joy asked Sunny to weigh in, She had this smirk on her face and asked is this September? ,  then said I have nothing to add.

May have been a reference to Hispanic Heritage Month,  which runs from September 15 - October 15. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, sevenrings said:

That Kim Klacik interview was wild. Tbh, I actually thought the ladies handled it so badly. Joy *did* do blackface at one point, so it wasn't that out of line for Kim to call it out. Just because she got called out for a mistake she made in the past doesn't mean they needed to all throw a fit and end the interview like that.

I'm sorry but how was it relevant to Joy's question? Kim threw it out  there as I'm assuming a planned remark to embarrass Joy. Reminded me of that Judge/Fox personality being pissed that Joy wasn't there.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 14

The exchange is here. It makes no sense, but now Kim is using it as the View silencing Conservatives and black women who have different opinions.

She played them and it worked in her favour, because this will gain her more spotlight so even if she doesn't win she'll get more opportunities to spew out her lies.

It just seems so obvious what her goal was and I know the ladies know what her goal was, so why did they play into her hand like this?

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

The exchange is here. It makes no sense, but now Kim is using it as the View silencing Conservatives and black women who have different opinions.

She played them and it worked in her favour, because this will gain her more spotlight so even if she doesn't win she'll get more opportunities to spew out her lies.

It just seems so obvious what her goal was and I know the ladies know what her goal was, so why did they play into her hand like this?

Didn't take long at all. Sigh. Ms. Klacik is quite savvy and totally pwned them. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I agree. They gave her exactly what she wanted.

• Love 2

I don't have a network TV show but I am savvy enough to know to not engage in a political discussion with someone who is going to go to try to "own" me.  I haven't seen the interview yet but did Klacik seem like she wanted a calm rational interview or was she setting them up to get played?

• Love 5

sorry to be a couple days behind, but who among us would wear a mask previously worn by Meghan OR Ben???

and one of Whoopi's many many mantras used to be "Do your homework!!!" Clearly that is not the rule in the present classroom/version of the show.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

People like Kim don't believe that White privilege exists and that it is a talking point by the Democratic party to keep Black people beholden to them. Kim could kick rocks.. She seems to be just as insufferable as Candace Owens and Stacey Dash..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't have a network TV show but I am savvy enough to know to not engage in a political discussion with someone who is going to go to try to "own" me.  I haven't seen the interview yet but did Klacik seem like she wanted a calm rational interview or was she setting them up to get played?

She was overly polite and didn't engage when they tried to drag her. She thanked them for their questions and called them out by name a few times.  Did she properly answer their questions? No. She pivoted to work in her talking points and tried to defend Trump.

Then Joy got annoyed and the exchange above happened.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

She was overly polite and didn't engage when they tried to drag her. She thanked them for their questions and called them out by name a few times.  Did she properly answer their questions? No. She pivoted to work in her talking points and tried to defend Trump.

Then Joy got annoyed and the exchange above happened.

Did she attack Sunny?  She could not attack Sunny the way that she planned on attacking Joy.. 

• Love 4

I do think Klacik was doing OK (under the circumstances) in the interview, being respectful, even though she was spewing misleading talking points and dodging questions.   Had me thinking she might have a chance if she stopped defending Trump and focus on how she could help Baltimore  But once she threw out the blackface comment to Joy she lost me.   That was a really low blow that should have been beneath her.  If she can't hold her own against Joy without acting like that, then she has no business in politics.   

MM likes her and invited her on.   Of course.   That should have been my warning....   

Also had to giggle when Ana gave her impressions on the Biden town hall and cracked a joke, the camera shows everyone cracking up laughing.... except MM who sat their stone faced.....   

• Love 22

I'm so annoyed by Joy and Sunny's behavior to Kim; it made them look thin-skinned and immature. Didn't DJTJ push the blackface button when he showed up? They should know not to fall for this ploy. Once Kim started with her bullshit, Joy should have pulled out ol' Angry Teacher Face Level #2 (Serene Yet Stern: You can try me if you want, but we both know this won't end well for you.) and asked, "is Ad Hominem Blackface Taunt the answer to the question?" 

I was actually interested in hearing what Kim believes is her Black support besides Candice Owens (probably not even her, as Owens strikes me as the There Can Only Be One type.). It's intellectually dishonest (TM Meghan) to snark that "outsiders" are co-opting BLM, while her support does not come from her would-be constituents. Donald Trump and his base are not Baltimore insiders. But Sunny just kept talking over Kim, and Joy quickly ended the interview. Rude, immature, and unproductive. Just calling balls and strikes as I see them. 😉

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, After7Only said:

MM likes her and invited her on.   Of course.   That should have been my warning....   

Lol I saw Meghan liking and retweeting her on twitter like a week or two ago and then I looked at the lineup for this week and saw Kim’s name. My first thought was literally I just KNOW Meghan had something to do with this...

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Vanderboom said:

I was actually interested in hearing what Kim believes is her Black support besides Candice Owens (probably not even her, as Owens strikes me as the There Can Only Be One type.). It's intellectually dishonest (TM Meghan) to snark that "outsiders" are co-opting BLM, while her support does not come from her would-be constituents. Donald Trump and his base are not Baltimore insiders. But Sunny just kept talking over Kim, and Joy quickly ended the interview. Rude, immature, and unproductive. Just calling balls and strikes as I see them. 😉

I did a quick research on her. She doesn't even live in the district she is running in.  I hadn't heard of her before today. This show will get her some press and then after the election she will most likely be forgotten.  Meanwhile Joy will continue on to fight the good fight.

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Of course not. She went after Joy because the right hates Joy and view her as the enemy.

Exactly,  she even made sure it was Joy before she threw out the obviously planned remark.  I bet she doesn't even know when the "black face" happened it's a BS attack they brings up, Donny Jr. Also brought it up.  

• Love 13
57 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I wonder how Whoopie would have handled this interview and think they should have had this interview during the week.  I agree she was touting the Trump conservative perspective, perhaps as an audition for the WH?  She looks and talks like she could give Trumps current Press Secretary a run for the podium job.

I don't think Elijah's job was her real objective especially when a well known former Congressman, Mfume, is running to return to the job.  Again, an audition perhaps and she probably passed with flying colors today.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Exactly,  she even made sure it was Joy before she threw out the obviously planned remark.  I bet she doesn't even know when the "black face" happened it's a BS attack they brings up, Donny Jr. Also brought it up.  

In that picture, Joy looked like a mixed race woman, Joy has naturally curly hair that she  was mercilessly teased for at school as a kid, so she decided to wear darker makeup and wear her hair natural for Halloween.. She looked beautiful, I am Black and it was far from the Blackface that Whoopie's ex wore at the friars club.. That was Blackface and offensive..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

In that picture, Joy looked like a mixed race woman, Joy has naturally curly hair that she  was mercilessly teased for at school as a kid, so she decided to wear darker makeup and wear her hair natural for Halloween.. She looked beautiful, I am Black and it was far from the Blackface that Whoopie's ex wore at the friars club.. That was Blackface and offensive..

This is par for the course with Klacik's (and Meghan's team) be outraged over something that to most people is harmless and not be outraged over the truly offensive things.

Remember not so long ago Meghan said something like if you come for one of  us you come for all of us (meaning her co hosts)? Guess she changed her mind.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I didn't bother watching with Joy off. I mean, the show's probably better with Sara there now than when it's usually just Sunny, but still... Joy's all I'm hanging onto this show for the past few years.

I wanted to hit the ❤️  button a hundred times for this comment.  I did watch 😠.  I almost wish Joy would leave so I can stop watching.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I'm sorry but how was it relevant to Joy's question? Kim threw it out  there as I'm assuming a planned remark to embarrass Joy. Reminded me of that Judge/Fox personality being pissed that Joy wasn't there.

It was clearly planned. Whatever else happened Kim knew Joy would ask a question. She was preloaded with the blackface comment. I never saw what Joy did as actual blackface. She had curly black hair, many white women with curly hair had afro-styled hair in the 60s. She added a little tanner and a beautiful silk dress to be a woman from Africa. Anyway, Kim wanted her clip for Fox and she got it. 

• Love 10
23 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I was vaguely aware there was a movie that was causing a lot of discussion but didn't know anything about it till a co worker announced he had just cancelled his Netflix subscription because of it

Hmmm...  Dear Blondie's Co-worker: Did you cancel only "streaming," merely "DVD," or both?  Do you REALLY think you made a difference with your pathetic stance.  If you love film, Mr. Sheep, you're only harming yourself.  (Also, I doubt Mr. Co-Worker's veracity.)

• Love 1

Look, today Joy Behar's costume is considered blackface, because cultural appropriation is widely recognized as problematic. Someone's culture should not be your costume. It does not need the "it's not really blackface" defense.

All that is needed is an acknowledgment that when Joy wore it, in 1972, it was not publicly discussed as such. That would take another 15-20 years. Joy's costume was objectively attractive and in no way a mockery of Black women or Black people. There was no intent to be offensive in her costume choice.

The real thing is, Kim Klacik lied. She asked if it was Joy speaking, then added, "The same Joy that paraded around in blackface not too long ago?" I wish 1972 wasn't too long ago. Hell, I'd take Nixon back over Trump, but that's neither here nor there. 1972 was a long fricking time ago.

Klacik is an agent of chaos. Meghan McCain invited her on so that she could get a viral moment of the other ladies eating her alive, and then Kim could campaign on that old chestnut, "The LEFT wants to silence me!"

The problem where the (other) ladies of The View are concerned is that they fall for it every time. Their bookers and producers are doing them no favors. Does The View still fall under the ABC News Division? If so, it should be ashamed of itself. Booking a guest you know is going to be an absolute lying nut, this close to a national election of great consequence, is media malpractice.

When is Meghan McCain's baby due? I don't think I can watch again until she's off the air. I've tried every day since they came back from hiatus. This is the first time I've succeeded, and that's only because I was actively involved in something else while it was on.

joy group shot black face.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 2.09.13 PM.png

• Love 20
13 minutes ago, General Days said:

So...

giphy.gif

Hi everybody! Long time, no type at.

I have an on-topic question. What was Sunny blathering about when she asked if it was September and said she was thinking about the name, "September"? I feel like missed a reference.

This is how i took it, i think she was referring to frustration.  I don't remember which topic brought on that response.  All she needed though was a slow, deep sigh and the blowing of the bangs out of her eyes hahah.  But i thought it was like, here we are still its September and look what may or not happen and what we still don't know.  

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, General Days said:

All that is needed is an acknowledgment that when Joy wore it, in 1972, it was not publicly discussed as such. That would take another 15-20 years. Joy's costume was objectively attractive and in no way a mockery of Black women or Black people. There was no intent to be offensive in her costume choice.

there was a time, in the 60's and 70's, when kids' halloween costumes included "chinaman"  Indian, geisha, hobo, and a lot of other stereotypes that are now known to be offensive.    Joy's costume didn't even come close to those.  

• Love 15
32 minutes ago, General Days said:

Look, today Joy Behar's costume is considered blackface, because cultural appropriation is widely recognized as problematic. Someone's culture should not be your costume. It does not need the "it's not really blackface" defense.

The real thing is, Kim Klacik lied. She asked if it was Joy speaking, then added, "The same Joy that paraded around in blackface not too long ago?" I wish 1972 wasn't too long ago. Hell, I'd take Nixon back over Trump, but that's neither here nor there. 1972 was a long fricking time ago.

Klacik is an agent of chaos. Meghan McCain invited her on so that she could get a viral moment of the other ladies eating her alive, and then Kim could campaign on that old chestnut, "The LEFT wants to silence me!"

The problem where the (other) ladies of The View are concerned is that they fall for it every time. Their bookers and producers are doing them no favors. Does The View still fall under the ABC News Division? If so, it should be ashamed of itself. Booking a guest you know is going to be an absolute lying nut, this close to a national election of great consequence, is media malpractice.

When is Meghan McCain's baby due? I don't think I can watch again until she's off the air. I've tried every day since they came back from hiatus. This is the first time I've succeeded, and that's only because I was actively involved in something else while it was on.

joy group shot black face.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 2.09.13 PM.png

Thanks General for typing that all out and explaining things so clearly.  Does PRIMETIMER have a save important posts or files so they can be pulled out every so often as a refresher, or whenever some nut tries to pull that again.

Thanks again General and welcome back. 🙃

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

there was a time, in the 60's and 70's, when kids' halloween costumes included "chinaman"  Indian, geisha, hobo, and a lot of other stereotypes that are now known to be offensive.    Joy's costume didn't even come close to those.  

And a lot more recent than that even amongst famous adults. 

https://people.com/celebrity/julianne-hough-apologizes-for-blackface-costume-at-party/   This was 2013.

Joy's was back in 1972.

She should have just rolled her eyes and ignored her.

Edited by bannana
Deleted one example cause I just realized it could be construed as political
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Hah i just had a thought.  Hmmmm blathering maybe but what if this is the pandemics way of having a splitscreen fight!  So many people wanted one ala EH and RO that they put it out into the universe, maybe subconsciously but still, that they wished it somehow into existence.  Then 💥 bam!  Pandemic happens, and all you have is splitscreens.  Yes too much time ...dot dot dot