Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/14/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, bannana said:

So, today on The View, MeAgain:

• muttered that it was Looney Tuesday and did an eye roll, followed by a sigh, followed by another eye roll (this was at the end of Joy's comments about Trump and climate change).
  • giggled off camera when Whoopi was talking about Baskin's husband's family buying ads during DWTS because they believe she had something to do with his disappearance.
  • corrected Joy when she said the husband was missing, by saying that Baskin had fed him to the tigers.
  • once again had her make-up done by this person:

makeup GIF

Yes.  Could she have been more dismissive of what joy was saying?  Joy was correct and there’s no way that MM isn’t voting for him in spite of her pretend I can’t stand him.  They need to either get rid of her early..take her leave now!!..or limit the politics because she’s beyond annoying now.  And as I recall Trumps idea of forest management is sweeping the leaves.  MM is Correct that many people don’t see climate change as a major issue for this election (until it affects them...fires, hurricanes, etc) but that doesn’t mean we simply ignore it and don’t talk about it.  She’s worse pregnant.  

• Love 11
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

But Kamala's name probably comes from her Indian heritage, since her mother's name is Shyamala.  In India, most names don't accent any of the syllables more than the others.

Speaking as someone who is of Indian heritage, I always thought her name was pronounced ComeLa, as that's how we pronounce that name--for many of my relatives and famous people with that name. Shyamala is pronounced Shahmla, not, Shyah-Mala. The second a is silent.

But of course, this is all based on my experience. Maybe Senator Harris' parents wanted to have the pronunciation to be a combination of the two heritages?

• Useful 5
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

Yes.  Could she have been more dismissive of what joy was saying?  Joy was correct and there’s no way that MM isn’t voting for him in spite of her pretend I can’t stand him.  They need to either get rid of her early..take her leave now!!..or limit the politics because she’s beyond annoying now.  And as I recall Trumps idea of forest management is sweeping the leaves.  MM is Correct that many people don’t see climate change as a major issue for this election (until it affects them...fires, hurricanes, etc) but that doesn’t mean we simply ignore it and don’t talk about it.  She’s worse pregnant.  

This reminds me of the racism discussion/controversial people MM and folks like her enjoy. They're not affected by what people like Joe Rogan say, so they don't care. With Meghan if it's not about her family, the military or her tribe, so she couldn't care less. Pregnancy hasn't softened her heart at all, but I didn't think it would. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I have a theory.  I think she's stepped up her game now that Sara's back..maybe a little jelly? But done to the nines every day different hair and looks.  That blue eyeshadow yesterday was a definite no.  Way too heavy.  Would have been pretty just lightly.  Up to the comeback, she didn't give a rats ass to come to the camera in a bathrobe and turban hehe

I could see this. She may have fancied herself the hot, pretty blonde one, and then Sara returned.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

So while I'm sure lots of people find Meghan's behavior strange, I can understand.  

You presented some valid points and I entertained some thoughts in the same vein after I came across the interview. 

Then it occurred to me that this is her first pregnancy, and given her age possibly her only pregnancy, and it followed a miscarriage. I confess to expecting more of a sweet and grateful tone, and expectation often colors perception.

But I hear you.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I don’t know who Joe Rogan is. I kept thinking they were talking about Seth Rogen and was very confused why he’d want to host a debate. And I never watched Tiger King either. 

The idea of having a Canadian host a debate would be interesting.

I only know Joe Rogan from watching NewsRadio in the 1990s, but he was my least favourite character on there. I watched it to see Phil Hartman (until he was killed by his wife), Dave Foley, Maura Tierney & Khandi Alexander.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

MM looked like she fell into a vat of wax at Madame Tussaud's today.  Is the shiny look coming back?  Did she really think she was going toe to toe with Mayor Pete?  He is about 100 decibels above her intelligence.

And about 100 IQ points above MM.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I only know Joe Rogan from watching NewsRadio in the 1990s, but he was my least favourite character on there. I watched it to see Phil Hartman (until he was killed by his wife), Dave Foley, Maura Tierney & Khandi Alexander.

And Stephen Root!

• Love 8

I would agree with sunny that Rogans  not an appropriate debate moderator.  He’s not a journalist but more of a shock jock. On the other hand, I also wonder how much the debates will have an impact given the extraordinarily clear choices this time...basically night and day.  Not a lot of nuance this time so not sure why MM would push this.  As someone already said...this is serious, not entertainment. That said, I would agree with her that it’s time to bring in younger journalists perhaps to be moderators.  And I agree with Joy on the fact checking this time around.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I could see this. She may have fancied herself the hot, pretty blonde one, and then Sara returned.

Sarah is stunning without even trying, she has had 3 babies back to back and she still got it.  Megan does not like Sarah because she does not think she is on her level.  We all know that Megan ran her off the show the last time she was on the view. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8

Chasten and Pete...cute couple.  Would be happy to see them in the WH some day.  Loved Pete’s takedown of MM as well...that’s always fun!  Ooh..just saw the end...look at MM disagree with the Trumps on something.  Boy! That’s really putting it to them...hating the new rose garden.  

Edited by Rainyhawk
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Sarah is stunning without even trying, she has had 3 babies back to back and she still got it.  Megan does not like Sarah because she does not think she is on her level.  We all know that Megan ran her off the show the last time she was on the view. 

Sara is a beautiful woman, inside and out. I wish the ladies would have a united front against Meghan. She's been consistently nasty to all of them, except to Whoopi. And she's been rude to Whoopi at times too, despite being coddled by her. I don't care if it's Sara or Joy or Sonny or Ana (or when it was Abby), none of them deserve the way Meghan treats them. Even things like rolling her eyes at Joy today tick me off. Joy is in her 70's and an intelligent woman, who's the true first lady of The View. Meghan has some nerve being so disrespectful. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

I don’t know who Joe Rogan is. I kept thinking they were talking about Seth Rogen and was very confused why he’d want to host a debate. And I never watched Tiger King either. 

I saw Tiger King on the geographic channel years ago and I was just appalled on what he did to tigers, it should be a crime in my humble opinion to do that to animals, especially apex predators like the Tiger who should be in the wild being the animals that nature intended them to be.  They don't exist to please us, humans.  Quarantine made him a household name but he is a despicable vile selfish man and the fandom surrounding him left me speechless.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, suomi said:

You presented some valid points and I entertained some thoughts in the same vein after I came across the interview. 

Then it occurred to me that this is her first pregnancy, and given her age possibly her only pregnancy, and it followed a miscarriage. I confess to expecting more of a sweet and grateful tone, and expectation often colors perception.

But I hear you.

Of course, everyone is different. My niece unexpectedly (meaning she thought it would never happen) got pregnant pre covid and delivered during covid, so same kind of experience as others, but it is her first and she was so grateful to be pregnant, that she rolled with whatever was going on, that she knew from others was different. She is older than MeAgain.

She also isolated after the birth for months, and just recently her baby got to meet her and his dad's family, and socialize with other people. And kids. Her concern is more along the line of, what happens to a baby that doesn't get to socialize with other human beings! It's a good point.

People also give birth during wars; that is still happening today. MeAgain doesn't know how privileged she is. How about moms giving birth right now who don't have jobs and also no other income?

I cannot feel empathy for her, at all.

sorry not sorry GIF

• Love 15
30 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I saw Tiger King on the geographic channel years ago and I was just appalled on what he did to tigers, it should be a crime in my humble opinion to do that to animals, especially apex predators like the Tiger who should be in the wild being the animals that nature intended them to be.  They don't exist to please us, humans.  Quarantine made him a household name but he is a despicable vile selfish man and the fandom surrounding him left me speechless.

I got talked into watching Tiger King, and not gonna lie, I couldn't look away. I am definitely not a fan of Joe though. I don't care how amusing  he is, he's not a good person. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

Oh man you took me back.  I loved that show!  Its funny the difference between Rogans.  The computer geek (love me a geek) pre-roid of old.  Fixing everyone's tech problems.  Foil to Hartman and Foley (whom I've loved since Kids in the Hall). You know when you look back at all the bad things that have happened to various cast members, would you consider this a true cursed set?  Hartman, Tierney, Dick, the change in Rogan.  I wonder if MM remembers Rogan from The Man Show, after Kimmel moved on.  Looks like a debate is a go.  Clash of the Macho Men hehe

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Speaking as someone who is of Indian heritage, I always thought her name was pronounced ComeLa, as that's how we pronounce that name--for many of my relatives and famous people with that name. Shyamala is pronounced Shahmla, not, Shyah-Mala. The second a is silent.

But of course, this is all based on my experience. Maybe Senator Harris' parents wanted to have the pronunciation to be a combination of the two heritages?

Waaaay back on her very first visit, she explained to Whoopi, take Comma+la

• Love 3

Ive keep forgetting to add...I do have to give credit to MM for not falling for the obligatory worship of Sr Mccain when she was spearing Cohen yesterday.  She said thank you and continued spearing heheh.  Credit where credits due.  Maybe that will finally stop now.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

I find that is best to listen carefully to how people pronounce their own names when you first meet them.  And if they don't say it, I'll ask what would you like me to call you or something like that to get them to say it.  Amy Klobuchar & Pete Buttigieg also told Whoopi how to pronounce their names when they first came on the show.  Whoopi and Meghan think it is amusing when they mispronounce names, but it is lazy and ignorant of the diversity that they claim to embrace.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Meghan just doesn't like her period.  She doesn't have the time of day for Sara.

Doesn't really have anything to do with being on Meghan's level. Her level is so high up there that no one is on it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Ive keep forgetting to add...I do have to give credit to MM for not falling for the obligatory worship of Sr Mccain when she was spearing Cohen yesterday.  She said thank you and continued spearing heheh.  Credit where credits due.  Maybe that will finally stop now.

It really does seem obligatory. I absolutely get paying respects after he passed, but I don’t think every guest who appears on the show has to praise her dad. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I know. What I was trying to say in my post, was before she explained the proper way to pronounce it, when I saw her first name and the spelling, my mind went to how most Indians would normally pronounce it from my experience.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, deirdra said:

Yep that is where I know him from. I liked the show but he was also my least favorite character. And that includes Andy Dick's.

10 hours ago, deirdra said:

Whoopi and Meghan think it is amusing when they mispronounce names, but it is lazy and ignorant of the diversity that they claim to embrace.  

Remember when Whoopi pronounced Iran's president at the time Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's name as Old Dinner Jacket? Yes it's a hard name to pronounce but why butcher it like that? Just say their title.  If people can't pronounce Kamala's name correctly just say Senator Harris.

Meghan said yesterday Joy was the only person who hadn't watched Tiger King. Not true. I didn't watch it and I will never watch it.  Meghan was acting like Joy wasn't part of some cool club because she didn't watch it.  Sorry Meghan but you don't get to decide what is cool and what is not.

• Love 18
23 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Remember when Whoopi pronounced Iran's president at the time Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's name as Old Dinner Jacket?

Actually it was "I'm a Dinner Jacket", but yes, I agree. Whoopi has such disrespect and feels she doesn't have to learn how to pronounce names 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Actually it was "I'm a Dinner Jacket", but yes, I agree. Whoopi has such disrespect and feels she doesn't have to learn how to pronounce names 

I knew Dinner Jacket was part of it.  LOL.  She is an actress. Why is it so hard for her to learn to pronounce names? She memorizes lines from scripts.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I knew Dinner Jacket was part of it.  LOL.  She is an actress. Why is it so hard for her to learn to pronounce names? She memorizes lines from scripts.

Maybe because he's from Iran? I don't know. I recall us discussing this and me typing out his real name and how it really isn't that difficult. Like say Balasubramanian, a wonderful singer from Bollywood! Of course the latter is not that difficult if one would break it down.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, deirdra said:

I only know Joe Rogan from watching NewsRadio in the 1990

I know him from him being the host of Fear Factor back in the day.  I used to work second shift and my co-workers would get so mad at me when I would come in the breakroom and turn that show on.  They would say, "What are you watching?  Turn that shit off.  We're eating here!" lol

• LOL 1
13 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

I would agree with sunny that Rogans  not an appropriate debate moderator.  He’s not a journalist but more of a shock jock. On the other hand, I also wonder how much the debates will have an impact given the extraordinarily clear choices this time...basically night and day.  Not a lot of nuance this time so not sure why MM would push this.  As someone already said...this is serious, not entertainment. That said, I would agree with her that it’s time to bring in younger journalists perhaps to be moderators.  And I agree with Joy on the fact checking this time around.  

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan said yesterday Joy was the only person who hadn't watched Tiger King. Not true. I didn't watch it and I will never watch it.  Meghan was acting like Joy wasn't part of some cool club because she didn't watch it.  Sorry Meghan but you don't get to decide what is cool and what is not.

Meghan's entire career has been her attempt to sit at the Cool Kids' Table. When she was younger, Meghan wanted to be the Cool, Socially Liberal Republican. Now she's the Badass Gun-totin' Republican and Guardian of the McCain Legacy, Defender Against the Left, etc. This is why she thinks that knowing people is a job qualification.

I am glad, however, that she's finally seeing through the empty McCain platitudes that guests use to shut her down. It was so transparent and weak. If you have to resort to that kind of manipulation to argue against Meghan's "filleting," then you are far too inept to be worth paying attention to.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

"There are good people like Rand Paul..."

Doesn't Meghan hate Rand Paul? I feel like I remember her saying that on the show.

I would like for Meghan to list one good thing about Rand Paul.

25 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Sara(h) hit the nail right on the head.  Trump's real problem is APATHY ... he just doesn't give a damn!!!

The problem is his apathy seems to be as contagious as covid.

• Love 13

Jeez, this format is just so damn awkward and some tv personalities are able to roll with it better than others.  For example, it has become very obvious that each host is assigned one or two specific questions to ask the guest and depending on who the guest is and what the topic of conversation is, you can easily tell which host gives a fuck and which host doesn't, with Meghan mostly being the one who doesn't. 

Case in point, Gabrielle Union interview.  Meghan asks her assigned question with as little interest or enthusiasm that is humanly possible and has no follow up comment or reply to Gabrielle after she's answered.  Contrast that with say, Sunny, who was actively participating in the discussion and was genuinely interested and tuned in to the talk. 

They really should just have one or two hosts per interview.  How about starting with the hosts who give two shits about the topic.  That would be a good start.  That would also give us a lot less Meghan time since she doesn't seem to give two shits about much.

• Love 13
31 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Sara(h) hit the nail right on the head.  Trump's real problem is APATHY ... he just doesn't give a damn!!!

I disagree with Sarah's word. A better word or words is LACK of EMPATHY. And other descriptions.

1 minute ago, Cementhead said:

Jeez, this format is just so damn awkward and some tv personalities are able to roll with it better than others.  For example, it has become very obvious that each host is assigned one or two specific questions to ask the guest and depending on who the guest is and what the topic of conversation is, you can easily tell which host gives a fuck and which host doesn't, with Meghan mostly being the one who doesn't. 

Case in point, Gabrielle Union interview.  Meghan asks her assigned question with as little interest or enthusiasm that is humanly possible and has no follow up comment or reply to Gabrielle after she's answered.  Contrast that with say, Sunny, who was actively participating in the discussion and was genuinely interested and tuned in to the talk. 

They really should just have one or two hosts per interview.  How about starting with the hosts who give two shits about the topic.  That would be a good start.  That would also give us a lot less Meghan time since she doesn't seem to give two shits about much.

It really isn't that hard. I have weekly Zoom meetings with my attorneys (over 50), which are broken into smaller groups of 5-6 every other week, and it's like we're still in the office. Unless they're all like Cindy Brady, who froze when she realized the red light meant she was on camera live! and just aren't able to do their jobs because it's Zoom and not in the studio.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I disagree with Sarah's word. A better word or words is LACK of EMPATHY. And other descriptions.

Actually, his lack of empathy has been long-established.  The fact that he just doesn't give a shit is a new revelation, ergo apathy, especially as seen last night when he was talking to "real people"!!!

• Love 4

Why is Joy such a bitter lady? Gabrielle was funny and charming and she could not even muster up a smile. 

Fox News is a big threat now? We should all watch CNN, NBC, CBS and MSNBC? What a joke. Thanks for a good laugh Mr Stelter!

MM doesn't disappoint in being obtuse in the shows opening.  A town hall of Americans who want answers to their concerns before the election do not need to have included the WH vanity project of Middle East for a smash and grab Nobel Peace award (IMHO see Wiki for all previous attempts). 

I tuned in today to see if anyone would bring up the PEW Research data on the US image plummeting internationally.  Several charts with %, just like MM likes to quote, although perhaps not these numbers.  Joy traveling yearly outside the US could have shared her experiences on the topic.

As for the senior ladies on the panel, they remind me of Shoebox's Maxine cartoons.  A little crabby and a little funny but necessary to balance the panel.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Mldyold said:

MM doesn't disappoint in being obtuse in the shows opening.  A town hall of Americans who want answers to their concerns before the election do not need to have included the WH vanity project of Middle East for a smash and grab Nobel Peace award (IMHO see Wiki for all previous attempts). 

I know!!!

Almost 200,00 people have died during a global pandemic, which is not going away with magic, and she thinks they should have asked about middle east peace.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Almost 200,00 people have died during a global pandemic, which is not going away with magic, and she thinks they should have asked about middle east peace.

Meghan just said  yesterday that climate change is way down on her list of concerns when talking about this year's election. Well Meghan I would bet you Middle East peace is even farther down voter's list of concerns.  She was just reaching for something that makes Trump look good.

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I know!!!

She is there to spread propaganda for her team. Notice how nobody said anything after her diatribe, they kept it moving. That is how you deal with people like Megan, you don't engage, you just nod your head and keep it moving..

• Love 11
1 hour ago, mxmummy said:

Why is Joy such a bitter lady? Gabrielle was funny and charming and she could not even muster up a smile. 

Fox News is a big threat now? We should all watch CNN, NBC, CBS and MSNBC? What a joke. Thanks for a good laugh Mr Stelter!

Is anybody else besides me starting to suffer from bookgate?  I'm getting massively sick of all of them.  Talk about too many cooks in the kitchen. I hope it doesn't have a whiplash effect on people.  Yeah the info needs to be heard, but if people have the same reaction i did, they prob won't read it.  Space them out people!  Please!  For the love of the Queen already!  Sorry, j/k but for the love of something.

14 hours ago, deirdra said:

I find that is best to listen carefully to how people pronounce their own names when you first meet them.  And if they don't say it, I'll ask what would you like me to call you or something like that to get them to say it.  Amy Klobuchar & Pete Buttigieg also told Whoopi how to pronounce their names when they first came on the show.  Whoopi and Meghan think it is amusing when they mispronounce names, but it is lazy and ignorant of the diversity that they claim to embrace.  

Back in the day they would use phonetical spelling on cue cards just for that reason.  Do they not do them anymore?  People like Whoopi with learning disabilities, i think she's said dyslexia.   You think that would be required if nothing else, by the disabilities  act.  Theres alot celebs w/dyslexia Cher, Tom C, John Travolta...

1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

That's how they did it in studio.  Usually one or two co hosts would  sit out the interview.  Time to check your phone lol

3 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

adele.jpg.fb24c32a847b76bcabc05c317a7a161b.jpg

Case in Point!

Thanks for research!

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know. What I was trying to say in my post, was before she explained the proper way to pronounce it, when I saw her first name and the spelling, my mind went to how most Indians would normally pronounce it from my experience.

That is interesting, i never knew that. Good to know!

1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

Is anybody else besides me starting to suffer from bookgate?  I'm getting massively sick of all of them.  Talk about too many cooks in the kitchen. I hope it doesn't have a whiplash effect on people.  Yeah the info needs to be heard, but if people have the same reaction i did, they prob won't read it.  Space them out people!  Please!  For the love of the Queen already!  Sorry, j/k but for the love of something.

Alot of the books were delayed because of corona...

• Love 1
21 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Perhaps, Kamala changed the pronunciation if her name because she is in the states. I have a French name, first and last name and people butcher it all the time, so I let anglophones say my name in the way that it is easier for them.. You get tired of constantly correcting people,,lol It is what it is..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

It really does seem obligatory. I absolutely get paying respects after he passed, but I don’t think every guest who appears on the show has to praise her dad. 

Who did MeeAgain respond with that doesn’t win me over when someone she didn’t like brought him up .