Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/14/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Sept. 14 – Michael Cohen (Author, “Disloyal”)

Tuesday, Sept. 15 – Pete & Chasten Buttigieg (Author, “I Have Something to Tell You”)

Wednesday, Sept. 16 – Gabrielle Union (“L.A.’s Finest”); Brian Stelter (Author, “Hoax”)

Thursday, Sept. 17 – Janelle Monáe & Gabourey Sidibe (“Antebellum”)

Friday, Sept. 18 – The Political View with Republican Congressional candidate Kim Klacik who is vying for the late Rep. Elijah Cummings’ seat

• Useful 1
14 hours ago, Haleth said:

I don't think anyone will be kind to Michael Cohen.  Except Sara.  She's kind to everyone.

Good line up next week!  Every guest should have something of interest to say.

ooooor maybe its strategic. Whether MM speaks before Sara or after, somehow MM will find a way to fuck up her shit, and then blame it on Sara.

• LOL 2

MeAgain will have a chance to tell each author she doesn't like their book for whatever reason.

Then she will tell them the last good book she read was written by her father - who passed away 2 years ago, and it's still painful for her to talk about, but talk about it she does as often as she can.

BTW, did each guest know she's pregnant ?

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Sara, it’s KAMala, not kaMALa.  Geez.

Meg, the 60s called and they want their glittery blue eye shadow back. And quit saying “both sides.”  We know you are looking for an excuse to slink back to trump. 

Missy's eye shadow looked like warning lights ... LOL.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Sunny right off the bat blaming Trump after Meghan talking about how sickening it was to see the people blocking the ambulance with the police officers in LA getting into the hospital and screaming "I hope they die".  "This is Trump's America". Keep telling yourself that Sunny, apparently she is trying to convince herself of that?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

LOL

Okay I couldn't help but laugh when Meghan attacks Cohen, so he starts by praising her dad. I feel like he's watched enough of the View to know mentioning her dad and praising him gets points with Meghan. It didn't work, which made it even funnier, but wow. I had a good chuckle with that exchange.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4

Meg: I’ve known trump from the beginning but you are a liar.

Cohen: So what’s your question?

Since when has Meg shown any respect for Stormy Daniels?

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meg, the 60s called and they want their glittery blue eye shadow back. And quit saying “both sides.”  We know you are looking for an excuse to slink back to trump. 

I kind of liked the eyeshadow until I noticed that she had put it under her lower lashes as well as on her eyelids. Weird. 

23 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meg: I’ve known trump from the beginning but you are a liar.

Cohen: So what’s your question?

Since when has Meg shown any respect for Stormy Daniels?

Exactly. I let out an audible "what the ____" when she said Stormy needed an apology and had done nothing wrong.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

At the start of the show, whoopi tells us to go to the View's official website for information on making sure we are registered to vote. I get the sentiment,  but they should be directing viewers to official sites, not to the view.

Sunny and sara both have overdone dark eyeshadow  and fake lashes this morning. But meghan outdid them both with that sparly blue look.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Meghan's response to protestors and rioters is that "27% of biden supporters say he hasn't done enough. "  Joe biden doesn't currently hold a political office.  Meghan did her best to connect violence from protestors to the Biden/Harris campaign. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Cohen says he was part of the cult, now he has come to his senses. He is talking about buying into the trump rhetoric, being a trump apologist,  then realizing the enormity of his actions, and now wanting to expose it all. Meghan accuses him of lying. So meghan becomes the trump apologist. 

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Cohen says he was part of the cult, now he has come to his senses. He is talking about buying into the trump rhetoric, being a trump apologist,  then realizing the enormity of his actions, and now wanting to expose it all. Meghan accuses him of lying. So meghan becomes the trump apologist. 

Every guest they have had who speaks out against Trump Meghan accuses them of lying or having their own agenda.  Maybe she is auditioning to be his next press secretary.

• LOL 10
  • Love 13
38 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

At the start of the show, whoopi tells us to go to the View's official website for information on making sure we are registered to vote. I get the sentiment,  but they should be directing viewers to official sites, not to the view.

Because if she tells people to go to The View's website, they might also stop and buy an official View mug, umbrella or some View Your Deal item. It all about selling stuff also.

Edited by OnTime
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, TheView said:

It was glorious 

If she had watched his interviews with CNN, she would have known that was coming.

1 hour ago, JayD83 said:

Cohen - "So your question is what Meghan"

I hate him but I howled at this!!  More guests need to push back against her word salad. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Every guest they have had who speaks out against Trump Meghan accuses them of lying or having their own agenda.  Maybe she is auditioning to be his next press secretary.

It is why I have never felt sorry for her whenever he attacked her dad. I just don't get her at all, I would think her devotion to her late father would preclude her from being a Trump apologist.. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Axie said:

Wish I had time to post something substantial but I’m too busy ordering everything that was on VYD.  Maybe later.

I actually have a set of Sheex sheets and love them.  The VYD price is a great deal.

1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Because if she tells people to go to The View's website, they might also stop and buy an official View mug, umbrella or some View Your Deal item. It all about selling stuff also.

The local channels where I live do this on their newscasts all the time and it drives me crazy, 

Edited by lurkerbee
To avoid double posting
15 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

It is why I have never felt sorry for her whenever he attacked her dad. I just don't get her at all, I would think her devotion to her late father would preclude her from being a Trump apologist.. 

She doesn't care about anything other than "her side" staying in power. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

I'm sure Sara would immediately start pronouncing the name correctly if someone politely corrected her. Anyone else see Tucker Carlson go nuts when he was corrected? lol

I get so tired of everyone trying to score points with Meghan by bragging about her dad. Enough already. I do think you know who is jealous of men who are revered and is especially hateful and jealous if the admired man is black. 

It was glorious 

It was sheer beauty.

Exactly. I let out an audible "what the ____" when she said Stormy needed an apology and had done nothing wrong. 

Sounds kind of like Colin K. Meghan seems to have changed her tune on peacefully protesting as well. Does he get an apology from her or everyone who thought like her?

I remember the "she has a very nice figure, and if she weren't my daughter, I'd be dating her." Joy probably never thought that would be something she'd discuss many years later. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, lurkerbee said:

The local channels where I live do this on their newscasts all the time and it drives me crazy, 

3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Sunny and sara both have overdone dark eyeshadow  and fake lashes this morning. But meghan outdid them both with that sparly blue look.

It's all about the "clicks".  The more clicks they get to their website, that constitutes more website traffic, so the more they can charge for advertising.  Even if they just provide the proper, official link to then again, click on.

Drives me crazy, all the time!!  

Edited by njbchlover
2 hours ago, Axie said:

Wish I had time to post something substantial but I’m too busy ordering everything that was on VYD.  Maybe later.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who let out a big sarcastic "Yes!" when the announcer noted the first View Your Deal of the season. ABC has to know how irritating and banal VYD and its siblings on other shows are.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

When you can't or won't take responsibility for something you blame someone else. That is what Meghan is doing.  She knows who is too blame for most of what is happening right now but she is loathe to publicly say it.  She is part of the problem.  For someone who claims to be such a patriot I have yet to see any evidence to show me that she puts her country first.

She's all lip service and definitely puts her party before the country. She thinks bragging about the military every two seconds makes her some sort of incredible patriot. 

2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

She's already a lying blonde with distracting eye makeup. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I have no use for Michael Cohen, because I think that this is another one of those "I'm sorry I got caught" apologies, not that he is really, truly sorry for what he has done, regardless of how contrite he tried to sound or look.  

But, I did love his "What exactly is your question, Meghan?"

Oh, and I HATED that sparkly blue eye shadow, but I wondered if that was some type of signal to someone to indicate that she is having a boy - I mean, it was soooo prominent!  

• Love 8

The View really needs to get some better guests.  Everybody they've had on this season so far has been terrible.  I get that they want to be the "it" political show but come on.  How many more crappy people promoting their crappy books do we need?  I mean, I guess since people aren't out promoting movies/tv shows right now they don't have many options but sheesh, do a feel good story highlighting teachers or doctors or something.  

Sidenote, I actually liked Meghan's eye shadow but as a nighttime look.  It's a bit much for the daytime but hey, it's not like there's a lot of nightlife going on right now so wear it when you can.  (My poor make-up has been rotting away since March.  Should probably start wearing some around the house before it all goes bad but I just can't muster the energy)

• Love 7
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I have no use for Michael Cohen, because I think that this is another one of those "I'm sorry I got caught" apologies, not that he is really, truly sorry for what he has done, regardless of how contrite he tried to sound or look.  

That could be part of it but I had the feeling Cohen's attitude was more of the "I did all your dirty work for years and now you "barely know me" and you're not taking my calls? Well, screw you, I know where the bodies are buried!"  Somebody said that pretty soon Trump will admit to knowing only 3 of his 5 children and maybe Melania.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, HerkyJerky said:

That could be part of it but I had the feeling Cohen's attitude was more of the "I did all your dirty work for years and now you "barely know me" and you're not taking my calls? Well, screw you, I know where the bodies are buried!"  Somebody said that pretty soon Trump will admit to knowing only 3 of his 5 children and maybe Melania.

Yeah, and I'll bet soon it'll just be Ivanka.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I was curious about the show today and just watched her rude and unattractive behavior (my opinion)  as a panel member questioning Cohen.  You don't have to like the man but if you want credibility as an interviewer then don't come guns blazing how you don't like liars as your opening salvo.   There are a lot of questions that could have been asked by her that could have been revelatory regarding his character and why he decided to become the person that ended up in prison.  

This is not the show that Walters created and I miss the professionalism.

• Love 24

Quite honestly I wish it hadn’t taken such a hard turn to being a political show.  If I want that, I’ll watch meet the press or another Sunday panel show where there are actual political analysts and journalists.  I don’t mind a topic each day, but now it’s just an hour of politics.  Time to return to the original format.  There are other topics on which people have varying opinions that they can discuss instead of almost every segment being politics.  I found myself fast forwarding a lot this past week (and before).  

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Mldyold said:

I was curious about the show today and just watched her rude and unattractive behavior (my opinion)  as a panel member questioning Cohen.  You don't have to like the man but if you want credibility as an interviewer then don't come guns blazing how you don't like liars as your opening salvo.   There are a lot of questions that could have been asked by her that could have been revelatory regarding his character and why he decided to become the person that ended up in prison.  

This is not the show that Walters created and I miss the professionalism.

Agreed. If your job is to interview authors about their books, you shouldn't start out telling them that they shouldn't have written the book.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

The View really needs to get some better guests.  Everybody they've had on this season so far has been terrible. 

I totally agree but the season is only a week old.

5 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

ABC has to know how irritating and banal VYD and its siblings on other shows are.

If ABC cared about banality David Muir wouldn't be an anchor. ABC is a business, they love making money.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I totally agree but the season is only a week old.

If ABC cared about banality David Muir wouldn't be an anchor. ABC is a business, they love making money.

I loved the shade against David Muir, haha.....

• Love 7
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm sure Sara would immediately start pronouncing the name correctly if someone politely corrected her. Anyone else see Tucker Carlson go nuts when he was corrected?

It isn't asking too much for the hosts of the Outstanding Informative Talk Show to be well versed regarding how the names of prominent public figures are pronounced. 

Then again, I sorta would enjoy it if THs started pronouncing his name(s) as Tooker Carlson or Tucker Carson on camera. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5