Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/14/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Let me ask my fellow posters. Does Meghan really believe what she says about wearing masks (they are useless, we were lied to) or is she being a puppet and repeating what she was told to say?

I personally think she is supporting her team. And if someone came near her not wearing a mask she would scream bloody murder.

She's just supporting her team. If she goes out she more than likely is wearing a mask.  I'm sure she left NYC so she could go out and be around less people. So she is probably being extremely careful and we all should. And this  is why she pisses me off. She sits on tv and spew BS then goes lives her very cocooned life. She is all about her team, look how she goes out of way to praise trump on dumb shit and makes sure to tell us all the people who let us down, a way to pull some of the blame away from the current President. 

• Love 12

Oh and I saw Meghan tweeting that the same people who hate "Baby It's Cold Outside" are defending Cuties and now she mentioned it on the show.  Who are these people? Does Meghan keep a spreadsheet of people who think "Baby It's Cold Outside" is offensive?  She just made that up.

I was prepared to defend Cuties and just brush it off as moral panic but I ended up not liking the film and questioning the method the filmmakers chose to make their point.  I don't really see that many people defending the film really, but I'm not doing some deep dive on the issue.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Meghan, you ignorant nincompoop, medicine changes and evolves. All cures begin with guesses and experimentation. Originally it was believed masks didn’t matter, then that they should be reserved, as much as possible for health care workers and first responders.   Now it is believed they help limit the spread and you, a very wealthy woman, are upset because you gave your mask hoard away?  Good Lord.  

• Love 24
1 minute ago, davey3932 said:

Oh and I saw Meghan tweeting that the same people who hate "Baby It's Cold Outside" are defending Cuties and now she mentioned it on the show.  Who are these people? Does Meghan keep a spreadsheet of people who think "Baby It's Cold Outside" is offensive?  She just made that up.

I was prepared to defend Cuties and just brush it off as moral panic but I ended up not liking the film and questioning the method the filmmakers chose to make their point.  I don't really see that many people defending the film really, but I'm not doing some deep dive on the issue.

Yeah I heard her say the same people who thought baby it cold out side was to sexual are the same people defending cuties.  People in in this case for Meghan is liberals. First that is ridiculous because like you said  does she have list of actual people?  Second who is really defending cuties? Third the criticism of baby it's cold outside,  I thought was people were connecting #metoo not that it is over sexualized, 2 different thing. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Since doing this circus remotely from home, it's not the same. She's lost total control as moderator, and she knows it . It's a free-for-all now, and it's become out of control. Although, she was lauded for what she did yesterday with MeAgain.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/the-views-meghan-mccain-changes-subject-away-from-trumps-town-hall-flop-but-whoopi-goldberg-sets-her-straight/

My favourite part from the article:  but I try to be fair and call balls and strikes like we see it.”  Really, Meg, you try to be fair? 🤣🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, davey3932 said:

This made me LOL! I wondered the same thing, how does she know it is the same people? That makes no sense whatsover.

Re Cuties, I was shocked when I saw the trailer on Netflix promoting the film. Then I watched the film. In no way is this film promoting sexualization of children, it is the exact opposite. I encourage people to watch it. The young actress is very good. And hey View panellists, you don't get to comment on a film you have not watched or on a book you have not read. Yeah, I am talking to you MeAgain.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, suomi said:

Off-topic but...

Are you old enough to remember when French singer Claudine Longet, ex-wife of singer Andy Williams, shot and killed her very handsome lover Spider Sabich in Aspen in 1976 because he was planning to leave her? Sabich was a champion World Cup ski racer and member of the US Olympic downhill team who turned pro. Anyway, the controversial homicide misdemeanor reckless manslaughter conviction and subsequent 30-day sentence kept the case in the news 24/7 for many months. She was haaaate-ed. 

The butchering of her beautiful French name by many in the press and public was a crime in itself.

(Her defense attorney left his wife and children to co-habit with her before the case was resolved and they still are married and living in Aspen today).

I definitely do remember that--always loved Andy Williams singing (didn't recall the attorney co habitation part though).  But the other thing I remember about it is the hilarious SNL skit about it (though perhaps in bad taste-as is often the case with SNL). I won't go any further into the details but it was kind of funny at the time!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

My favourite part from the article:  but I try to be fair and call balls and strikes like we see it.”  Really, Meg, you try to be fair? 

What she means is she won't criticize her team when they deserve it.  But she will criticize anyone who does.

15 minutes ago, davey3932 said:

I was vaguely aware there was a movie that was causing a lot of discussion but didn't know anything about it till a co worker announced he had just cancelled his Netflix subscription because of it. He said he heard about it and since he is conservative he immediately was against it but then thought well maybe I'm just guilty of group think so he had  his girlfriend watch it and she told him yep we need to be against this. So I did some research and found out what the movie was about it and read why were people were against it and read why people are not against it.  I personally don't want to see it but I'm not going to tell someone else they shouldn't see it.  I don't know if I would agree with people who say it's satire though.  I'm not sure that particular subject matter is appropriate to be satirized. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

I'm no fan of Sara, but she was correct about wearing a mask. This shouldn't even be a debate.  Then over to Meghan who says we were lied to about wearing masks, she gave her masks away, and blah blah blah.

No on lied about about wearing masks!! So much was unknown about COVID and does she expect nothing to evolve as more is learned about it?

I was ready to throw water at her on my TV but she wouldn't gotten drenched. Gosh, I didn't think I could despise her more!

Totally agree with you and Sara.  For one thing, our state shut down pretty fast so no one was even going out and thus didn't need masks (only stores open were grocery stores and Home Depot but most people, in the beginning, were doing home deliveries and by the time we thought we'd go to the store--which was pretty early on--, masks were being required). I think the other issue with the masks at the very beginning was that there weren't other types of masks other than the type needed by medical personnel.  There wasn't this major industry in the beginning making regular cloth masks for people.  They were gearing up to make appropriate masks for medical personnel (e.g. Christian Siriano).  They needed to make sure that people didn't make a run on those masks at the start, particuarly the N95 which were in short supply ( a la toilet paper fiasco).  She seems to make the facts fit her narrative--which seems to change with the political winds.  She's definitely supporting Trump at this point and barely disguising it.

Edited by Rainyhawk
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

The lips are bad, but again with the glitter on the eyelids!!  Absolutely ridiculous look for someone who wants to be taken as a serious political pundit!!  And, that eye shadow looks especially stupid with a plaid blouse/shirt - who knew that "sparkly lumberjack" was a fashion look??  

Sparkly lumberjack!!! Love it. The eyeshadow is ridiculous but her lips are really creeping me out.

amanda lepore makeup GIF

• LOL 5
10 minutes ago, bannana said:

My favourite part from the article:  but I try to be fair and call balls and strikes like we see it.”  Really, Me

What? She said an idiom correctly?  Are we sure it was her who said this?  Full disclosure, I am just as bad as she is with the idioms, I say them wrong all the time, but I am not on tv getting paid to talk.  I only say them to my poor husband who then has to try and figure out what the hell I meant.

9 minutes ago, bannana said:

This made me LOL! I wondered the same thing, how does she know it is the same people? That makes no sense whatsover.

I didn't watch today but did she happen to start this particular topic of conversation with "some people are saying..."  😏

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, davey3932 said:

Re: Cuties--is it that different than shows like "Toddlers and Tiaras" and "Dance Moms" that have been so popular here?  It certainly sounds like it's somewhat similar to both in some ways.  I know in Dance Moms the girls did some pretty intense stuff and adult like moves sometimes.  And Toddlers and Tiaras--the title says it all.

• Useful 2
7 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't know if I would agree with people who say it's satire though.  I'm not sure that particular subject matter is appropriate to be satirized. 

It is definitely not satire. It's really a tragic story about the main girl and the life she is living (being an outsider, her family problems, etc., the role of women). The dancing is an escape for her. The girls do the sexualized dances because that is what they see in pop culture. 

I remember being that age and looking at teen mags etc, and then trying to look sexy and older. But these girls are definitely kids and that is portrayed as well especially toward the end.

Sunny did not bother to finish watching the movie so she also missed the point.

5 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Re: Cuties--is it that different than shows like "Toddlers and Tiaras" and "Dance Moms" that have been so popular here?  It certainly sounds like it's somewhat similar to both in some ways.  I know in Dance Moms the girls did some pretty intense stuff and adult like moves sometimes.  And Toddlers and Tiaras--the title says it all.

I haven't watched those shows but my understanding is it is the parents who are doing this to their kids. In the film it is the girls who want to get into the competition. But the competition idea is the same I think.

It is definitely creepy seeing these young girls twerking etc, but I think that part is similar to the shows you mention.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I didn't watch today but did she happen to start this particular topic of conversation with "some people are saying..."  😏

I think she just outright said that the same people who wanted to cancel Baby, it's Cold Outside are the ones defending Cuties. How could she possibly know this?

This article covers the part where Sara attempted to splain to MeAgain that early on, the efficacy of masks was in question, and then  MeAgain rudely interrupts her with: Sara, Sara....

read://https_www.rawstory.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rawstory.com%2F2020%2F09%2Fthe-views-meghan-mccain-gets-fact-checked-after-claiming-she-was-lied-to-by-doctors-about-19%2F

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

I think she just outright said that the same people who wanted to cancel Baby, it's Cold Outside are the ones defending Cuties. How could she possibly know this?

Because Meghan generalizes things and people.  And I'm not following her train of thought.  If people who thought Baby it's Cold Outside was offensive to women then why the fuck would they think a movie about what is purported to be about young girls being sexualized wasn't offensive?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bannana said:

My favourite part from the article:  but I try to be fair and call balls and strikes like we see it.”  Really, Meg, you try to be fair? 🤣🙄

There's literally not one person on TV I can think of who has less self-awareness. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Haven't watched the show yet, but Meghan tried to make wearing a mask political? Gross. And irresponsible. ABC should fact check her. Make Sunny do a legal note about it. 

Sunny keeps saying that any debates between Trump and Biden need to have live, real-time fact checkers so they can dispute any wrong information.  Maybe that person should start out interning as a fact-checker for Meghan, who always seems to be spewing party lines, rather than actual facts!  🙂

• Love 16
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

Meg, for the eleventy billionth time, THEY DID NOT LIE ABOUT THE MASKS. They weren't sure before, but wanted the front line workers to be extra careful. That's not the same thing.

I am so tired of the Princess of Arizona lying about this issue.  At the start of the quarantine, there was an extreme shortage of PPEs for hospital staff and first responders.  There were people buying up PPEs (and toilet paper) and were hoarding them.  That is when medical experts pleaded with the public to stop this so our medical staff and first responders could be protected.  We were advised to stay in quarantine and wear a reusable cloth  masks when we had to go out in public.   The medical experts never said that masks were not effective.  It was the fact that hospital workers and first responders were at high risk and if they got sick, there would be no one left to care for the people who became ill after the initial outbreak of the virus.  

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I am so tired of the Princess of Arizona lying about this issue.  At the start of the quarantine, there was an extreme shortage of PPEs for hospital staff and first responders.  There were people buying up PPEs (and toilet paper) and were hoarding them.  That is when medical experts pleaded with the public to stop this so our medical staff and first responders could be protected.  We were advised to stay in quarantine and wear a reusable cloth  masks when we had to go out in public.   The medical experts never said that masks were not effective.  It was the fact that hospital workers and first responders were at high risk and if they got sick, there would be no one left to care for the people who became ill after the initial outbreak of the virus.  

And she talks about giving those masks away ALL THE TIME. It's like the damn crib. Meghan you are incredibly wealthy. Buy some new masks and you can also buy whatever crib you want from wherever you want. There are people out there who have extremely tight budgets, and I've wondered if they are anti-mask due to the cost. That's certainly not Miss Meghan!

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

And she talks about giving those masks away ALL THE TIME. It's like the damn crib. Meghan you are incredibly wealthy. Buy some new masks and you can also whatever crib you want from wherever you want. There are people out there who have extremely tight budgets, and I've wondered if they are anti-mask due to the cost. That's certainly not Miss Meghan!

And how many masks could she possibly have had stored in her luggage from her trips abroad? Five, ten? She makes it sound like she had hundreds of masks laying around.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Megan is a repulsive ignoramus.  I could not believe my ears today, I know that I should not be surprised but it really irritated me that she called the CDC and the doctors liars.  Does she not realize that they did not know anything about the Corona virus and were learning along the way,.  It is just typical of Megan and her team to seize upon a  perceived mistake to diminish your message. They are used to being contrarian and combative to anything they have declared to be left-wing that they have politicized an illness that does not care who you vote for on election day.  When is Nutmeg's maternity leave, because it  cannot come fast enough for me..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

What? She said an idiom correctly?  Are we sure it was her who said this?  Full disclosure, I am just as bad as she is with the idioms, I say them wrong all the time, but I am not on tv getting paid to talk.  I only say them to my poor husband who then has to try and figure out what the hell I meant.

Same people Jed was always referencing heh

Uh oh, MeAgain doesn't like that articles are saying she was fact-checked by Sara. She posted an article to prove she is right but she is leaping from, the CDC discouraged people from wearing masks because they were concerned about a shortage, to THE CDC LIED TO ME! Also, she should read the article she posted where Fauci also said things changed. I think it is a little too complex for her to understand that two things can be true at the same time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Note to MeAgain:  Scientists also thought at one time that the Earth was flat.  Are you angry because they LIED to you?  Can you accept that the Earth is round?

In the early days of the virus they were learning. We were mostly worried about touching things, which led to the run on Lysol, Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer.  Then we were told it was airborne.  It seems to me that it was sometime in May the people started to wear masks, at first voluntarily and then finally by mandate (luckily I am in blue California).

Sunny looked like she wanted to kill MeAgain today.  I wonder why Joy was out.  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Re Cuties, I was shocked when I saw the trailer on Netflix promoting the film. Then I watched the film. In no way is this film promoting sexualization of children, it is the exact opposite. I encourage people to watch it. The young actress is very good. And hey View panellists, you don't get to comment on a film you have not watched or on a book you have not read. Yeah, I am talking to you MeAgain.

I'm just wondering if Meghan ever does her "homework".  I mean, I assume the panel must get research work so they can speak on the topics (i.e., books, movies, TV shows, etc.).  It seems like everytime something like this is discussed and Meghan is asked "Did you read/watch that?", her answer is always a big fat NO, but I did watch/read blah, blah, blah [insert name of whatever Meghan decides to promote].  How can someone have some type of intelligent, informed discussion about the pre-decided topic and NOT do the research??  At least Sunny gave it a little bit of effort and watched for a short time.*

*And, at this point, Whoopie is so checked out, I don't expect her to do anything more than show up every day at 11:00.

I think that was the point that Sara was trying to make.  There could have been a good discussion about this movie (which I have not seen and am not sure if I want to watch) and the whole "Cancel Netflix" thing (which is cancel culture, regardless of what Sunny says) if more than one person on the panel had seen the entire movie.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

Note to MeAgain:  Scientists also thought at one time that the Earth was flat.  Are you angry because they LIED to you?  Can you accept that the Earth is round?

In the early days of the virus they were learning. We were mostly worried about touching things, which led to the run on Lysol, Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer.  Then we were told it was airborne.  It seems to me that it was sometime in May the people started to wear masks, at first voluntarily and then finally by mandate (luckily I am in blue California).

Sunny looked like she wanted to kill MeAgain today.  I wonder why Joy was out.  

Sherri Shepherd could give you some details on that!!  (Remember when she said she wasn't sure if the earth was flat when asked by her son??)  🙂  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

She's just supporting her team. If she goes out she more than likely is wearing a mask.  I'm sure she left NYC so she could go out and be around less people. So she is probably being extremely careful and we all should. And this  is why she pisses me off. She sits on tv and spew BS then goes lives her very cocooned life. She is all about her team, look how she goes out of way to praise trump on dumb shit and makes sure to tell us all the people who let us down, a way to pull some of the blame away from the current President. 

I hope this her legacy-turning her back on her father and decency.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I hope this her legacy-turning her back on her father and decency.

Megan is the type of woman that takes on the identity of her man. If her husband had been an ultra liberal , she would be one too. She has no core beliefs and is just an unhappy woman.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
35 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I think that was the point that Sara was trying to make.  There could have been a good discussion about this movie (which I have not seen and am not sure if I want to watch) and the whole "Cancel Netflix" thing (which is cancel culture, regardless of what Sunny says) if more than one person on the panel had seen the entire movie.  

Yes, they shouldn't even have tried to discuss it without watching it. That is what happened on social media, people saw the promo which showed the girls in skimpy costumes dancing and people jumped to conclusions (me included). So I decided to watch it.

Then they could have decided whether the filmmaker did a good or bad job of making her point. As I understand it, the story is based on her own childhood situation (I don't know if that includes the dance competition, but the way she was raised). I am surprised that Sunny didn't watch it to the end.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Axie said:

Meghan, you ignorant nincompoop, medicine changes and evolves. All cures begin with guesses and experimentation. Originally it was believed masks didn’t matter, then that they should be reserved, as much as possible for health care workers and first responders.   Now it is believed they help limit the spread and you, a very wealthy woman, are upset because you gave your mask hoard away?  Good Lord.  

When I irst became aware of the pandemic, I  ordered the disposable masks on Amazon .  they never came.  The CDC was telling people not to use the masks, because there wasa shortage.  They never said they didn't work - they said  there was no evidence that non-medical people needed to wear them, and they asked people to not buy or stockpile the masks. my husband and I found some N95 masks he had bought in the past for a painting project, and we used those.    There were youtube videos on making your own masks out of cloth.  (I tried, they turned out poorly.)   It was a long time before I saw cloth masks online that you could purchase, and when I did, I ordered a bunch from a few different places.  

So - when Meghan said that any doctors were telling people not to wear masks, she is not telling the truth.  I doubt that she gave masks away to anyone.   Dr Fauci has even said that his recommendations were always based on information he had at the time, and that when he got new information that led to different conclusions, he adjusted his recommendations to fit the new info.    Meghan is just repearing the talking points that her "tribe" is repeating   they can't decide if Faci and the other doctors LIED, or if they were WRONG.   but either way, they're not going to listen to him.  Meghan is viewing it like a small child does.  Anyone who has raised children can relate to the exasperation of telling a child that just because you said something that turned out not to be right, it doesn't mean you LIED. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, bannana said:

This article covers the part where Sara attempted to splain to MeAgain that early on, the efficacy of masks was in question, and then  MeAgain rudely interrupts her with: Sara, Sara....

read://https_www.rawstory.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rawstory.com%2F2020%2F09%2Fthe-views-meghan-mccain-gets-fact-checked-after-claiming-she-was-lied-to-by-doctors-about-19%2F

Yes, i thought she was incredibly rude to Sara on this--but then Sara bowed down to her???  And she needs to stop with the "they lied"--they (CDC, WHO, etc) didn't lie --they just didn't have all of the info on masks right away and things changed quickly.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I'm just wondering if Meghan ever does her "homework".  I mean, I assume the panel must get research work so they can speak on the topics (i.e., books, movies, TV shows, etc.).  It seems like everytime something like this is discussed and Meghan is asked "Did you read/watch that?", her answer is always a big fat NO, but I did watch/read blah, blah, blah [insert name of whatever Meghan decides to promote].  How can someone have some type of intelligent, informed discussion about the pre-decided topic and NOT do the research??  At least Sunny gave it a little bit of effort and watched for a short time.*

*And, at this point, Whoopie is so checked out, I don't expect her to do anything more than show up every day at 11:00.

I get the impression that her 'homework" is basically asking her husband what to say.  She really sounds like his viewpoint these days.

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Yes, i thought she was incredibly rude to Sara on this--but then Sara bowed down to her???  And she needs to stop with the "they lied"--they (CDC, WHO, etc) didn't lie --they just didn't have all of the info on masks right away and things changed quickly.  

I noticed that too. I'm not sure if it was because Sara is too nice or not confident enough to handle Meghan or a combination of the two. A lot of the time, nice girl/guy personalities are scared to correct others even when they know they're right. Meghan is the opposite. She is rude, doesn't care if she looks smug, and she's a lot more confident in herself than she should be. She thinks a lot of stupid things, is a fan of lots of stupid people, and SHE seems to lie. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Mldyold said:

It must be tough for Meghan to live in a world that you don't know who to listen to and you have no instinct/gut feeling that tells you what to do during a global pandemic.   The fact that she had masks and her husband gave them away leads me to believe that it was his view on mask wearing that she was adopting.  If so, shame on him for not considering her pregnancy just to be safe!

Meghan doesn't like to put a lot of thought into anything or see other sides to issues. She doesn't like to think that perhaps this pandemic is new for all of us, and even the smartest experts in the entire world aren't going to know everything right off the bat. She'd rather say people on the other side are either useless or are even deliberately deceiving us. She likes to think anything pertaining to MyFather, Ben, America, military, her party = good, great, honest, noble, and everything else = bad, dumb, liar, unpatriotic, etc. She is one lazy pundit, and for a conservative who feels under attack for being a conservative, she sure is quick to believe the worst of nonconservatives. 

• Love 13
18 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I had a FB friend who would post the same pose every.single.day. Literally same pose just different outfit. And every day it was the same comments from the same people telling her how good she looked. I finally made a post saying to whom it may concern we all know what you look like. Stop posting so many selfies. And I added if you think this post is about you it is.

I gotta ask, Blondie, are you guys still friends?  LOL!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I'm just wondering if Meghan ever does her "homework".  I mean, I assume the panel must get research work so they can speak on the topics (i.e., books, movies, TV shows, etc.).  It seems like everytime something like this is discussed and Meghan is asked "Did you read/watch that?", her answer is always a big fat NO, but I did watch/read blah, blah, blah [insert name of whatever Meghan decides to promote].  How can someone have some type of intelligent, informed discussion about the pre-decided topic and NOT do the research?? 

All Meghan ever talks about watching is political shows or Real Housewives.  She  has a very limited field of interest.  If she hadn't been "born into politics" I doubt she would be interested in that.  She doesn't seem very smart or have any desire to increase her knowledge concerning anything except what the Real Housewives are going to do next.

15 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Sara spoke very eloquently about the movie and the reaction to it.  There are two issues to deal with here. One is the movie itself and the other is people's reaction to it.  I agree with her and Sunny that while the filmmaker's intent might have been to denounce the sexualization of young girls her attempt to do that missed the mark.  As Meghan mentioned the reviews by what she called dirty old men were disgusting. Calling the young actresses in the movies hot is just beyond gross.  And now with all the publicity more people are going to be watching it and not for the right reasons.

15 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan is the type of woman that takes on the identity of her man. If her husband had been an ultra liberal , she would be one too. She has no core beliefs and is just an unhappy woman.  

Elisabeth Hasselbeck was the same way.  Before her marriage Meghan did not have the gun toting whiskey drinking persona she has now.  She went to a private school in Arizona, then Columbia University in NYC and then lived in LA.   She wrote a book called Dirty Sexy Politics.  This pearl clutching Meghan is not that Meghan.

14 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Meghan calls the doctors liars but someone who has been proven to be a liar with evidence to show he lied she lets slide.

43 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

I gotta ask, Blondie, are you guys still friends?  LOL!

We are still FB friends but we don't ever comment or like each other's posts.  She is a relative which adds to the fun.  But since I avoid functions that include extended family (even before the pandemic) I never see her.  I  can empathize with Meghan's family having to deal with her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

As Meghan mentioned the reviews by what she called dirty old men were disgusting. Calling the young actresses in the movies hot is just beyond gross.  And now with all the publicity more people are going to be watching it and not for the right reasons.

There was one reviewer who said this and he's part of a group that are attracted to young girls, so using him as an example was dishonest move from Meghan.

There have been good reviews for it, like in Rolling Stone and Roger & Ebert, but most people have been hating on the movie. I've never watched it and probably won't. But Meghan didn't make much sense by citing this reviewer and using him as part of her argument.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

But Meghan didn't make much sense by citing this reviewer and using him as part of her argument.

Because she can't be bothered to do research. She probably heard about it on one of her favorite political shows or maybe it was pillow talk.  My coworker also mentioned reviews that were men talking about the appearance of the girls. He said he saw a video of a man reviewing the movie and at first he thought it was a parody like from the Onion or something but nope it was real.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I may not agree with Kim Klacik, but the interview seems overly hostile for no reason. The exchanges are uncomfortable to watch.

And, it just got a whole lot more hostile!  And.....interview over...

• Love 2