Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/14/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

We have learned so much in the past six months. I guarantee that six months from now, we will look back on what we know now and realize how puny it is compared to knowledge gained since. Science is learning, all the time, and it's messy. We do the best we can with the knowledge we have at the time. It's not "lying."

As for Meghan's crazy hair and makeup, my theory is that she's both vain and insecure (a beautiful woman who is criticized for being overweight). She's days away from having a baby, and probably has never felt worse about her body. So she's doing what she can to feel attractive. And hey, if that's the slutty lumberjack look with lipstick outside the lip lines and glow-in-the-dark eye shadow, well, okay. I empathize with any woman near delivery.

I missed Joy.

Agree with you about the science. I appreciate all the experts out there researching how we can all stay safe and how to get life back to normal sooner rather than later. God bless all of them. I for one appreciate their brains and will not dismiss a bunch of intelligent, educated people for not being able to see into the future and have the answers immediately. Smart, well-intentioned people can only do so much Meghan!

Meghan's such a mean person, that she's going to get more criticism. I think if she were kinder, she'd more comments about how pretty she is and much less about her weight. She's literally the exact conventional standard of beauty to many out there, especially to men, other than her weight (beautiful face, blonde, light eyes, busty, petite stature).

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, bannana said:

And a lot more recent than that even amongst famous adults. 

https://people.com/celebrity/julianne-hough-apologizes-for-blackface-costume-at-party/   This was 2013.

And this is in 2001, when our current Prime Minister wore a costume and wore brown face.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-brownface-arabian-nights-1.5289165

Joy's was back in 1972.

She should have just rolled her eyes and ignored her.

I was just going to say your PM has apologized profusely several times. I was Halloween age back during that time kids.  Now Im adult Halloween heheh more fun.  Anyway once in awhile we couldn't come up with a costume so my mom would go with the standby a 'Hobo or Tramp'. We'd wear raggedy clothes, muss up the hair, all that stuff.  But then she would smudge our faces sometimes with charcoal

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

This is how i took it, i think she was referring to frustration.  I don't remember which topic brought on that response.  All she needed though was a slow, deep sigh and the blowing of the bangs out of her eyes hahah.  But i thought it was like, here we are still its September and look what may or not happen and what we still don't know.  

After @ROLLACOASTER mentioned that it might have something to do with Hispanic Heritage month. I realized that's probably what it was. Meghan rambling about black and latino men and all her expertise on how on they're voting,  she probably was frustrated that HH month wasn't mentioned. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, General Days said:

So...

giphy.gif

Hi everybody! Long time, no type at.

I have an on-topic question. What was Sunny blathering about when she asked if it was September and said she was thinking about the name, "September"? I feel like missed a reference.

I also wondered what it was about.

Lol.

Edited by Coffeewinewater

46 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

This is how i took it, i think she was referring to frustration.  I don't remember which topic brought on that response.  All she needed though was a slow, deep sigh and the blowing of the bangs out of her eyes hahah.  But i thought it was like, here we are still its September and look what may or not happen and what we still don't know.  

10 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

After @ROLLACOASTER mentioned that it might have something to do with Hispanic Heritage month. I realized that's probably what it was. Meghan rambling about black and latino men and all her expertise on how their voting,  she probably was frustrated that HH month wasn't mentioned. 

Thank you! I've got to get in the hang of reading through the thread properly. I thought I read all the pages before I posted, but I didn't do a very good job of it.

3 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

May have been a reference to Hispanic Heritage Month,  which runs from September 15 - October 15. 

That makes the most sense. I'm sorry I missed your post before. When Sunny added, "I was thinking about the name 'September', that's what threw me, in part because of the use of "name."

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

The fact that she brought up "Blackface" lets me know all that I needed to know.  Joy never did Blackface, that is her team's talking point. Joy showed that picture years ago and it was taken in the 60's.  That picture was not offensive at all.

Conservatives constantly bring this up. I don't think Joy has a racist bone in her body, but they pick on her for an ancient photo and dismiss all the racism from you know who. 

• Love 16

4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I did a quick research on her. She doesn't even live in the district she is running in.  I hadn't heard of her before today. This show will get her some press and then after the election she will most likely be forgotten.  Meanwhile Joy will continue on to fight the good fight.

Pretty much this. Kacik pulled a nasty blow because she wasn't able to answer the questions in a way that made her look like anything but a monster / buffoon. Maybe she'll get a job in conservative media after she loses the election, I guess? Good luck with that, hun, because Joy Behar ain't going anywhere.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 15
30 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

After @ROLLACOASTER mentioned that it might have something to do with Hispanic Heritage month. I realized that's probably what it was. Meghan rambling about black and latino men and all her expertise on how their voting,  she probably was frustrated that HH month wasn't mentioned. 

Ahh that makes sense.  I missed that whole part

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Exactly,  she even made sure it was Joy before she threw out the obviously planned remark.  I bet she doesn't even know when the "black face" happened it's a BS attack they brings up, Donny Jr. Also brought it up.  

Every minority and antiracist I know is a Joy Behar fan. People like Kim and you know who Jr. can keep bringing that photo up, but it's not getting them anywhere. I wish they'd stop already. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Kacik pulled a nasty blow because she wasn't able to answer the questions in a way that made her look like anything but a monster / buffoon

Wow, she IS a monster/buffoon!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

The exchange is here. It makes no sense, but now Kim is using it as the View silencing Conservatives and black women who have different opinions.

She played them and it worked in her favour, because this will gain her more spotlight so even if she doesn't win she'll get more opportunities to spew out her lies.

It just seems so obvious what her goal was and I know the ladies know what her goal was, so why did they play into her hand like this?

why did they have her on? oh, right, meghan suggested it.....probably planted the blackface comment in kim's speech too

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Pretty much this. Kacik pulled a nasty blow because she wasn't able to answer the questions in a way that made her look like anything but a monster / buffoon. Maybe she'll get a job in conservative media after she loses the election, I guess? Good luck with that, hun, because Joy Behar ain't going anywhere.

Oh I bet that is actually what she wants. And pissing off Joy on The View, more than likely got her way more appearances on consecutive media and probably a spot when she loses. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, General Days said:

Look, today Joy Behar's costume is considered blackface, because cultural appropriation is widely recognized as problematic. Someone's culture should not be your costume. It does not need the "it's not really blackface" defense.

All that is needed is an acknowledgment that when Joy wore it, in 1972, it was not publicly discussed as such. That would take another 15-20 years. Joy's costume was objectively attractive and in no way a mockery of Black women or Black people. There was no intent to be offensive in her costume choice.

The real thing is, Kim Klacik lied. She asked if it was Joy speaking, then added, "The same Joy that paraded around in blackface not too long ago?" I wish 1972 wasn't too long ago. Hell, I'd take Nixon back over Trump, but that's neither here nor there. 1972 was a long fricking time ago.

Klacik is an agent of chaos. Meghan McCain invited her on so that she could get a viral moment of the other ladies eating her alive, and then Kim could campaign on that old chestnut, "The LEFT wants to silence me!"

The problem where the (other) ladies of The View are concerned is that they fall for it every time. Their bookers and producers are doing them no favors. Does The View still fall under the ABC News Division? If so, it should be ashamed of itself. Booking a guest you know is going to be an absolute lying nut, this close to a national election of great consequence, is media malpractice.

When is Meghan McCain's baby due? I don't think I can watch again until she's off the air. I've tried every day since they came back from hiatus. This is the first time I've succeeded, and that's only because I was actively involved in something else while it was on.

joy group shot black face.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 2.09.13 PM.png

Thank you for explaining all this. Joy would never intentionally hurt anyone's feelings by being racist or racially insensitive to minorities of any kind. She sticks up for the black community, for kids at the border, for the Muslims in America, everyone. For decades she has been a staunch ally. The right hates her so much they constantly bring up a costume from 50 years ago, pretend it was more recent, and also exaggerate what it was, ridiculous. 

Also, how gorgeous was a young Joy Behar?!

• Love 18
On 9/16/2020 at 11:58 PM, suomi said:

Off-topic but...

Are you old enough to remember when French singer Claudine Longet, ex-wife of singer Andy Williams, shot and killed her very handsome lover Spider Sabich in Aspen in 1976 because he was planning to leave her? Sabich was a champion World Cup ski racer and member of the US Olympic downhill team who turned pro. Anyway, the controversial homicide misdemeanor reckless manslaughter conviction and subsequent 30-day sentence kept the case in the news 24/7 for many months. She was haaaate-ed. 

The butchering of her beautiful French name by many in the press and public was a crime in itself.

(Her defense attorney left his wife and children to co-habit with her before the case was resolved and they still are married and living in Aspen today).

I am old enough to remember!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Exactly,  she even made sure it was Joy before she threw out the obviously planned remark.  I bet she doesn't even know when the "black face" happened it's a BS attack they brings up, Donny Jr. Also brought it up.  

Didn't she say something like "recently"? I think she did because I reacted to that too. 

• Love 1

Anybody who feels only black women have the ability to wear afros needs to come visit me and my Levantine family and friends. 😂

5 hours ago, General Days said:

cultural appropriation is widely recognized as problematic.

I agree with everything else in your post, but I think to be fair, 'cultural appropriation' is more specifically an American idea, and one that seems limited within the US too. Most arguments I've seen about it come across as being rather silly, definitely ahistorical and ultimately segregationist. Culture isn't static. I feel quite strongly about this as my family and friends as mentioned above are so mixed you aren't going to be able to tell us what we can and can't do without looking quite silly. 😄 And no one I know ever gets offended by somebody from 'outside' joining in. Sometimes it feels like a lot of white college girls telling the rest of the world they know what's best for us, haha!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

This is par for the course with Klacik's (and Meghan's team) be outraged over something that to most people is harmless and not be outraged over the truly offensive things.

Remember not so long ago Meghan said something like if you come for one of  us you come for all of us (meaning her co hosts)? Guess she changed her mind.

Meghan & co loathe people like Colin K, dismiss disparaging comments about minorities, even make light of police brutality. But let's look at this half a century old picture of Joy Behar wearing bronzer! I wasn't around back then, but I think we all know, that most people didn't think of "cultural appropriation" in the early 70s. 

And yes, I remember that too. I never bought it. Megs' only loyalty is to her tribe. She comes for her cohosts all the damn time herself. 

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, SuzieSioux said:

Anybody who feels only black women have the ability to wear afros needs to come visit me and my Levantine family and friends. 😂

When it comes to hair, some of us spend a significant amount of time wishing we had what others have. We also spend significant amounts of money on chemicals and professional expertise to, only temporarily, transform ourselves. 

Some of us with textured hair wish it was straight and some with straight hair wish it had texture.

I have a decent amount of hair but it is straight, fine and limp. Left to its own devices I would go through life looking like a swimmer wearing a cap made of hair.

Volume, lift and shape are achieved only with copious amounts of product, hot irons and effort and they disappear when exposed to humidity, wind, moisture or physical exertion. "Looking like a drowned rat" describes me after I walk through rain or snow for 15 seconds.

My hair can do amazing things if I stay inside my house and don't move. Yay!

I am so envious of what I will call "ethnic" hair that I could bite myself. A couple times I have said to someone "Your hair is so pretty" but I could tell it wasn't received in the spirit I intended so now I keep my thoughts to myself. Sigh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 9/15/2020 at 1:56 PM, suomi said:

While McCain and her husband, Ben Domenech, are excited about their bundle of joy, the conservative TV personality admitted her pregnancy is "the least interesting thing I talk about all day ... if I weren't gaining weight and having all these changes in my body, I would probably forget about it ... It's sort of been a blessing and a curse ... This isn't my favorite time in the world in general."

https://www.etonline.com/meghan-mccain-shares-how-shes-able-to-balance-being-pregnant-with-co-hosting-the-view-exclusive

Imagine how that poor baby will feel reading these comments years from now. 😢😢😢😢😢

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

Imagine how that poor baby will feel reading these comments years from now. 😢😢😢😢😢

I actually defended her when some people said "she didn't want a baby anyway," after her miscarriage, but I am really shocked how cold she sounds about this baby. I thought she realized she may want to be a mother after all and would be grateful for this child. Very sad. 

• Love 2

Seems like someone got Meghan to do a puff piece about pregnancy to humanize her and she wasn't comfortable and tried to get it back to politics.  I'll cut her some slack just because I assume being pregnant during a pandemic in the summer is not much fun.

1 hour ago, davey3932 said:

Seems like someone got Meghan to do a puff piece about pregnancy to humanize her and she wasn't comfortable and tried to get it back to politics.  I'll cut her some slack just because I assume being pregnant during a pandemic in the summer is not much fun.

Plus the whole she is stupid and privileged thing.

My niece is older than MeAgain and gave birth during the pandemic. All she cared about during her pregnancy was her child's health. And she is someone who works politics adjacent.  In the nation's capital.

• Love 8

Regardless of whether the harpies liked/disliked or agreed/disagreed with anything & everything that Kim said or implied, they were extremely immature in the way they handled her. They did the same thing to Jeanine Pierro (ended the interview), and in fact, they do this with anyone that doesn't share their exact POV.

The View is supposed to be about each person's "view" on the panel, including their guests. If you don't want to hear your guests POV, then don't invite them on the show! For them to "dismiss" a guest because they don't like what they're saying is the height of immaturity.

Also, when your guest is speaking, you're not supposed to talk over them. If you don't like when they dance around your question, then politely repeat/rephrase the question. You don't have to get your panties in a twist and start yelling so that your guest can't speak. If you believe or know that your guest is wrong, then let your guest continue to dig their own hole. By arguing/yelling over one another, and not allowing your guest to speak, then you all look like a bunch of whining assholes.

Bottom line, the show is supposed to be about ALL points of view, whether the panel agrees or not. Otherwise, ABC should just change the name of the show to "The Left View" or "The Panel's View".

Edited by MsTree
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Well that was a 'watercooler' moment, though 'watercoolers' have been replaced by Twitter...

The fact is that KK was there as a 'campaign stop', not to be interviewed. At the end, when Joy asked her about COVID 19, she decided to take a jab at Joy and mention the 'blackface' which wasn't relevant to the question at all.  She couldn't answer the question.

Me thinks she is auditioning for FOX News, and someone tipped her off to go after Joy. I'm sure she's been offered a talk show at FOX this weekend.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/black-republican-ripped-to-shreds-in-contentious-view-appearance/

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

Bottom line, the show is supposed to be about ALL points of view, whether the panel agrees or not. Otherwise, ABC should just change the name of the show to "The Left View" or "The Panel's View".

Absolutely. I could not agree more. What is the point of the show of they only want their view of things and show no tolerance of the other side. They are contributing to this mess we are in where nobody can have a calm, rational talk about politics and each just state our point and try to find solutions instead of creating chaos. They state on the show that this is Trump’s America but it’s people like them that are creating the hostile environment we are now living in. They surely are not fooling me when they blame Trump because all I have to do is watch them each day and I know exactly where it’s coming from. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Sorry (not sorry) to harp on Whoopi's lack of moderator skills , but on Wednesday's show she introduced Brian Stetler correctly and then, in exiting his interview thanks Brian SELTZER. Whoopi Goldstein anyone?

• Love 4
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

Regardless of whether the harpies liked/disliked or agreed/disagreed with anything & everything that Kim said or implied, they were extremely immature in the way they handled her. They did the same thing to Jeanine Pierro (ended the interview), and in fact, they do this with anyone that doesn't share their exact POV.

This woman knew damn well that Joy did not do Blackface and she came to provoke a reaction and she got it.. I feel no sympathy for her. Could the ladies have done better, of course, people are human and sometimes you do take the bait and give provocateurs like that sellout clout.   She did not come on the show to have  an exchange of ideas with the ladies.  Why didn't she attack Sunny, of course not, accusing Sunny a Black woman of being a racist would not have gotten her the attention that she wanted and positioning herself as the victim of the intolerant left.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

The View is supposed to be about each person's "view" on the panel, including their guests. If you don't want to hear your guests POV, then don't invite them on the show! For them to "dismiss" a guest because they don't like what they're saying is the height of immaturity.

Also, when your guest is speaking, you're not supposed to talk over them. If you don't like when they dance around your question, then politely repeat/rephrase the question. You don't have to get your panties in a twist and start yelling so that your guest can't speak. If you believe or know that your guest is wrong, then let your guest continue to dig their own hole. By arguing/yelling over one another, and not allowing your guest to speak, then you all look like a bunch of whining assholes.

huh....

so Meghan's talking over her co-hosts and making condemning looks and snide comments when she disagrees with them or thinks her point is the one that matters daily is ok?  got it

• Love 18
2 hours ago, mxmummy said:

Absolutely. I could not agree more. What is the point of the show of they only want their view of things and show no tolerance of the other side. They are contributing to this mess we are in where nobody can have a calm, rational talk about politics and each just state our point and try to find solutions instead of creating chaos. They state on the show that this is Trump’s America but it’s people like them that are creating the hostile environment we are now living in. They surely are not fooling me when they blame Trump because all I have to do is watch them each day and I know exactly where it’s coming from. 

And all those people, can't count them, that MM said oh is a dear friend and right.  They were all agreeing with the Dem side?  How many peeps in a year do they interview?  Once in a while you get these dipshits who go on the defensive and start throwing things out from the standard Rep defense handbook, for when you can't

come up with anything else to say.  That cheapshot about Joy, which was debunked a loooooooong time ago.  She had every right to get pissed and defend herself.  Team Joy for the win.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

This woman knew damn well that Joy did not do Blackface and she came to provoke a reaction and she got it.. I feel no sympathy for her. Could the ladies have done better, of course, people are human and sometimes you do take the bait and give provocateurs like that sellout clout.   She did not come on the show to have  an exchange of ideas with the ladies.  Why didn't she attack Sunny, of course not, accusing Sunny a Black woman of being a racist would not have gotten her the attention that she wanted and positioning herself as the victim of the intolerant left.  

What pisses me off was that she got what she wanted.  She wanted a scene and got one.  Joy had every reason to defend herself, i just wish it was offscreen or something. Like end the call quickly, say thanks for coming, bye Felicia. But then ream her a new one off camera.  She would have got her result and joy could say what she wanted as well.  I just hate that idiot getting what she wanted and now can crow.  Or maybe the headlines will be about Joy giving the smackdown to the idiot dipshit hah

• Love 8
16 hours ago, MsTree said:

Well, The View is the panel's views.... Either you like the panel or you don't. FWIW, McCain acts like this to every guest that comes on the show except those of her own tribe and not simply because they personally attacked her like Kacik did Behar to avoid a question.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

No one says you have to feel sympathy for Kim. All of the View women are supposed to be professionals...and not lose their shit (or take "bait") if they don't like what a guest is saying. It really doesn't matter what Kim (or anyone else) says to provoke. They don't have to like it, but they all don't have to act like a bunch of babies yelling, talking over, and abruptly dismissing ANY guest. The panel really needs to grow the eff up!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, cinsays said:

huh....

so Meghan's talking over her co-hosts and making condemning looks and snide comments when she disagrees with them or thinks her point is the one that matters daily is ok?  got it

Never said that. I was simply talking about how the panel treats a GUEST. Meghan is not a guest...and if her co-hosts don't like what she puts forth, then that's on them to speak up about it (which they usually do anyway).

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ForumLou said:

That cheapshot about Joy, which was debunked a loooooooong time ago.  She had every right to get pissed and defend herself. 

A professional moderator should be able to defend herself without "taking all her marbles & going home".  Instead, Joy lost her shit and abruptly ended the interview...acting like a 2-year old. Very mature, Joy.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Never said that. I was simply talking about how the panel treats a GUEST. Meghan is not a guest...and if her co-hosts don't like what she puts forth, then that's on them to speak up about it (which they usually do anyway).

mmm..... not really

they are usually polite and don't correct her

this guess just was intent on being off the deep end antagonistic

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Well, The View is the panel's views.... Either you like the panel or you don't. FWIW, McCain acts like this to every guest that comes on the show except those of her own tribe and not simply because they personally attacked her like Kacik did Behar to avoid a question.

I have no issue with the panel, per se...only the way they act when they can't hold a civil conversation without throwing someone off the show.  They are supposed to be professionals, and treat their guests accordingly. From what I understand, they knew MM invited her on the show, and in all probability, there would be some sparks. And Joy, as the moderator, should have just said "you're wrong...let's move on". Instead, she acted like a baby and ended the interview.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, cinsays said:

mmm..... not really

they are usually polite and don't correct her

this guess just was intent on being off the deep end antagonistic

If the harpies can be polite to MM, then they should afford their guests the same.

Doesn't matter WHAT the guest's intent was (which calls for you reading her mind)...she's a GUEST.  A mature/rational moderator doesn't get all bent out of shape and abruptly end an interview. If every moderator did that, there would be no guests left to interview. It's just common decency.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MsTree said:

If the harpies can be polite to MM, then they should afford their guests the same.

Doesn't matter WHAT the guest's intent was (which calls for you reading her mind)...she's a GUEST.  A mature/rational moderator doesn't get all bent out of shape and abruptly end an interview. If every moderator did that, there would be no guests left to interview. It's just common decency.

Harpies? Interestingly sexist choice of words.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, MsTree said:

Interesting. I guess the worst offender is meghan. On at least 3 occasions recently, guests have been on the show to promote books. Meghan didn't give them a chance to say anything before telling them that a) she doesn't like "tell-all" books, b) she won't read their book because she doesn't believe them, and c) their only motivation is to make money, so they sensationalize and make things up.

She has been very dismissive and downright  insulting. So, if the discussion is about rude behavior toward guests, put meghan at the top of the list.

• Love 21
34 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

She has been very dismissive and downright  insulting. So, if the discussion is about rude behavior toward guests, put meghan at the top of the list.

Except MM is not an invited guest. She is a panel member.

My post was strictly about the way panel members (or co-hosts) treat their invited guests. I don't recall any other host(s) treating guests in such a childish, abrupt manner. And it's not the first time either. Pathetic.

5 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Harpies? Interestingly sexist choice of words.

Definition of harpy = a shrewish woman.

Definition of shrew(ish) = a scolding, sharp-tempered woman.

If the shoe fits....

• Love 4

So I read this entire thread and then watched the ep.

I have no idea why this woman was a guest on the View, nor why she would get two segments.

She definitely expressed her thoughts in a calm way. She managed to dis Elijah Cummings a few times (while saying she respected him), which is I am sure why Sunny was riled up.

Both MeAgain and Sara gave her a national audience of several million viewers to whom she could state why she should be elected. Both asked open ended softball questions.

Sunny was def not happy with her from the get go. Joy was actually extremely professional.

It was clear to me that KK was waiting for her opportunity to do the Joy Blackface comment. To get her social media bump. Joy reacted emotionally, but not that bad. She should have just shrugged her shoulders and rolled her eyes. But she felt attacked. Then Sunny got in on the action. Sunny was just waiting to go after KK because of the way she had dissed Elijah Cummings.

Meanwhile, MeAgain was huffing and puffing and I think she was muttering that they need to be more respectful toward the guest. Hah! There was no: when you come after one of us, we have each other's back.

Joy ended the interview but it was after two long segments, so I don't think she cut it off necessarily. It was time to go.

In the next segment, Sunny had that weird pursed lips thing going on through the whole segment and then said the cryptic September thing. I think she was pissed at MeAgain for bringing KK on the show. MeAgain actually said it was her idea to bring her on because she is a rising star. I think Sunny was furious that KK went after Joy and she in part blames MeAgain.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, bannana said:

In the next segment, Sunny had that weird pursed lips thing going on through the whole segment and then said the cryptic September thing. I think she was pissed at MeAgain for bringing KK on the show. MeAgain actually said it was her idea to bring her on because she is a rising star. I think Sunny was furious that KK went after Joy and she in part blames MeAgain.

MM thinks people are "stars" because they have X-thousand SM followers (and reads the latest numbers off her blue cards, as if we care), even if they have nothing pertinent to say.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5

I'm looking forward to Meghan's reaction to RBG's death.  "I certainly didn't agree with her, but..." and then maybe complain about cancer since it's something she can relate to.

Edited by davey3932
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, bannana said:

She definitely expressed her thoughts in a calm way. She managed to dis Elijah Cummings a few times (while saying she respected him), which is I am sure why Sunny was riled up.

She dissed Elijah Cummings and expects people to vote for her, good luck with that. Elijah is beloved in Baltimore.. I told you guys she is not in it to help Baltimore, it is all about elevating herself with Megan's team as their special token.. She should go after her opponent for Elijah's seat not a dead man who cannot defend himself..

• Love 12
19 hours ago, MsTree said:

Except MM is not an invited guest. She is a panel member.

My post was strictly about the way panel members (or co-hosts) treat their invited guests. I don't recall any other host(s) treating guests in such a childish, abrupt manner. And it's not the first time either. Pathetic.

In your view, panel members/ hosts  being rude to guests does NOT  include meghan being rude to recent guests who have written books?  I am sincerely confused as to how you are interpreting my post.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, bannana said:

Joy was actually extremely professional.

It was clear to me that KK was waiting for her opportunity to do the Joy Blackface comment. To get her social media bump. Joy reacted emotionally, but not that bad. She should have just shrugged her shoulders and rolled her eyes. But she felt attacked. Then Sunny got in on the action. Sunny was just waiting to go after KK because of the way she had dissed Elijah Cummings.

Joy ended the interview but it was after two long segments, so I don't think she cut it off necessarily. It was time to go.

Joy was professional until she wasn't. Some guests get 3 long segments, so it wasn't necessarily time for KK to go. Joy's dismissal was abrupt, unlike any other segment ending I've seen since Jeanine Pirro. See a pattern there? At least KK, surprised by Joy's curt dismissal, managed a quick "thanks for having me".