Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/14/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

In your view, panel members/ hosts  being rude to guests does NOT  include meghan being rude to recent guests who have written books?  I am sincerely confused as to how you are interpreting my post.

I agree that MM is sometimes very rude to a guest. However, she is not a moderator in control of "shutting down" and curtly dismissing a guest. Neither scenario is professional/appropriate IMO.

Both Joy & Meghan are both a little hot-headed, and could use a few lessons in civil decorum.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MsTree said:
10 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

post.

I agree that MM is sometimes very rude to a guest. However, she is not a moderator in control of "shutting down" and curtly dismissing a guest. Neither scenario is professional/appropriate IMO.

She may not be “in charge”, officially, but she thinks she is. She acts exactly like the description above.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 7
On 9/20/2020 at 4:49 AM, bannana said:

In the next segment, Sunny had that weird pursed lips thing going on through the whole segment and then said the cryptic September thing. I think she was pissed at MeAgain for bringing KK on the show. MeAgain actually said it was her idea to bring her on because she is a rising star. I think Sunny was furious that KK went after Joy and she in part blames MeAgain.

Kim Klacik is not a rising star.  She is not well liked in her own hometown.  And I doubt she will have any appeal anywhere else. She is not charismatic and on the flip side not vicious enough to make a name for herself on a national level.

• Love 8

On Thursday's "discussion" of "Cuties". Of the 4,  2 couldn't be bothered to "do their homework" 1 did it for a little while, the other just looked at the trailer. Their whole discussion was a not only a waste of time, but also a disservice to a film I personally found deep, moving and thought-provoking, addressing a myriad of socio-cultural issues.

As for the over-long skin care "interview/commercial" the paid spokesperson Val Garland brought to mind a badly-aged Meghan, equally shrill and strident. Next week, we'll have Howie Mandell promoting a hair product!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Speaking of last Thursday's episode of 'Cuties' (which I watched the discussion again on my DVR), I was a bit surprised at Sunny's reaction to the movie. I'm sure we all recall when she told the audience a few years ago how 'grown up' her teenage son looked in his bathing suit when they went shopping for a new one.  She admired what a 'sexy young man' he was becoming, at the age of 15 or 16.  She got a lot of well-deserved critical feedback on social media for those comments, but never bothered to apologize or defend them. Now she's upset over 'Cuties' ?  SMH

• Love 1
On 9/17/2020 at 12:17 PM, Rainyhawk said:

I definitely do remember that--always loved Andy Williams singing (didn't recall the attorney co habitation part though).  But the other thing I remember about it is the hilarious SNL skit about it (though perhaps in bad taste-as is often the case with SNL). I won't go any further into the details but it was kind of funny at the time!

Heh - thanks for the memory. I posted a response in the Small Talk thread.