Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E22: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

On 9/12/2020 at 3:51 PM, ECE said:

I've only read the past two pages of comments on this episode, and apparently everyone is ready to be all over Dorinda... but to me the most horrific person was and is Ramona. she is just... so full of herself. She really sees herself as in a different league than all the others and is just, in general, a horrible, self absorbed person. I just can't with Ramona. And I wish there were more comments on her awfulness.

I actually like the Ramona we see on tv (odds aren't good I'd like her in real life).  I always have, and that "like" has grown into a bit of "respect" the last few years for reasons I won't blather on about.  Her delivery is off big time, but I think she is just wired to not get mired in junk. She's like a teflon pan. Not a lot sticks, and I think it's just how she was built.

I really don't care about her pandemic videos or not wearing a mask. The videos were definately insensitive, but that's the teflon in Ramona. The mask thing was dumb, but half the country is crying that requiring masks takes away our freedom. And, at the time, there were tons of people not wearing masks.  Things have changed since then.  People are handling this thing in all sorts of different ways - emotionally and politically (I wear two masks).

Ramona does have a strong sense of entitlement that I don't care for, but so do Sonja and Luanne and probably others.  I get that, but they are still entertaining to me on camera.

I also think Ramona showed a softer side this season.  In her way, she was very (for Ramona's standards) supportive of Tinsley, Dorinda, and Leah.

I will say this, I do think NY is due for a reboot of some sort. In a wierd way, It seemed that the entire cast appreciated the "newness" of younger cast member Leah.  

They might be just as ready for something fresh as the viewers are.

I know I'm a voice of one! 

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I am so perplexed by this friendship. IG photo's of them on some boat in CT living it up and yes, that sweet little (revolting) post from Beth. Why Bethenney, Why? I always thought Bethenney disliked Dorinda. Remember the nutcracker fiasco where Dor was so pissed at Beth because she thought Beth didn't bow down to her enough and thank her for the damn nutcracker? That went on for how many episodes? How about the time Bethenney took Dor with her to help with the hurricane relief and Dorinda ruined the business dinner with her embarrassing drunken slurring comments to Beth's partners? Then next day on the plane Beth told her flat out that she was a drunk and needed help. I'm just not getting it at all. Then a couple of days ago I listened to a Heather McDonald podcast. Lu was a guest. Lu said something that explains so much about Beth. She said Beth goes after the under dog, the one who is falling apart. She enjoys building them back up. Once they are all shiny and good as new, Beth will attack in order to bring them back down. I also think Beth is trying to get to Carole by showing what good friends she is with Dorinda, who is also friends with Carole. She wants to make Carole jealous. I guess I just answered my own question of Why, Bethenny, Why? lol.  

Could they also be bonding because they have an axe to grind against Andy and/or Bravo?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/11/2020 at 7:42 PM, malibu said:

I didn't see this mentioned but did anyone notice at the beginning when Ramona had her clear plastic mask on and she tried to drink from a straw?!  

58 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I really don't care about [Ramona’s] pandemic videos or not wearing a mask. 

Maybe it was for the best that Ramona wasn’t wearing a mask. She probably would’ve died of dehydration or starvation by now.

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

I actually like the Ramona we see on tv (odds aren't good I'd like her in real life).  I always have, and that "like" has grown into a bit of "respect" the last few years for reasons I won't blather on about.  Her delivery is off big time, but I think she is just wired to not get mired in junk. She's like a teflon pan. Not a lot sticks, and I think it's just how she was built.

You're not alone.  She is somewhat unique, but that is what makes her entertaining within the RH world.  For sure she would drive me nuts in real life, but I still have more respect for her than I do for Luann and Sonja.  Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again, she's not deliberately vicious. Self-centered, tone deaf, and vacuous perhaps, but not mean. She also put in actual work to attain her wealth.  

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Why does any woman need a man to buy them clothes?  I think most of them can afford their own clothes.

And "bitter old bitches" sounds like ageism to me.

The main point is that Dorinda is awful.

Well...of course they can buy their own clothes but sometimes a guy likes to give his girlfriend/wife something nice that maybe they had their eye on...I'm old...I can say "bitter old bitches" but if you want I can change it to "bitter bitches"...is that more PC?

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Bluesky said:

Leah did say she left the city for Long Island for the first few weeks.  And unlike Ramona, Leah has an actual decent relationship with her ex and not a fake one for social media like Ramona.  
Not everyone agrees with Leah but the actual outrage was real and a lot of New Yorkers felt the same way about assholes like Ramona.  

Hmmm, so it was OK for Leah to leave the city, but not Ramona? And to be clear, my post was specifically about Leah's post on SM berating Ramona for isolating with her family - Avery and Mario. So Mario allowed Ramona to stay with him for weeks on end because she has a fake relationship with him for SM? Doubtful. 

Personally, I don't see Leah having a decent relationship with Rob at all. I see Rob acting as the adult in their relationship and often treating Leah like his second daughter, as that is at times what she acts like. In fact Leah's daughter is as often as not more mature than her mother. There is a reason that Leah  complains about her mother and Rob both being on her case and in agreement in their opinions of Leah. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Leah's post on SM berating Ramona for isolating with her family

Leah’s point was that she wasn’t isolating and was out and about frequently without a mask and was routinely dragged on her SM for it. Producers must really like Ramona because they really cherry picked what they showed of her social media during that segment.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10

I couldn’t get over Tinsley’s necklace at the reunion.  It was so cute, unique, and I can’t stop thinking about it to the point that I’m contemplating tracking it down and getting one.  

I think two things can be true at once:  Dorinda can be a hose beast of the highest caliber and Scott also can be less than a catch. I don’t particularly like Scott.  It’s nothing to indict him on, it’s just a vibe I get, and I get to have an opinion on this as a viewer:  He seemed like a deer in headlights when he first met her, very nervous, and then it seemed like he got the upper hand and used it.  For example, the time that Bethenny dared Tinsley to call Scott to get a firm commitment and Bethenny then dialed the request back to just calling Scott, and Tinsley freaked out and I think she even said Scott would kill her if she called him on camera.  They broke up shortly thereafter.  

Back when Scott was appearing regularly on the show, the viewer sentiment seemed to be that Scott didn’t want a wife; he wanted a girlfriend and Tinsely was coming on too strong.  Someone wrote up thread about an ex having “hard boundaries” and I think that’s commendable.  In that vein, I wonder at what point Scott should have given Tinsley a firm send-off.  It fucked with her head so much that they were on and off and it seems like he’s calling the shots all the way.  Scott’s younger than Tinsley, he’s filthy rich, people who have seen him in person have reported that he’s handsome, and I get the feeling he’s leveraged all that in his favor.  

There is an expression in French that roughly translates to “in every relationship, one person is being kissed and one person is doing the kissing.”  I feel strongly that Tinsley Is doing the kissing here.  Another thing a lot of viewers used to say is that Tinsley wanted to be a wife more than she wanted to be a mother, and she said she wasn’t getting pregnant out of wedlock.  Given these specific set of circumstances, including Tinsely’s age and values, I’m not sure why they’re having such a long engagement.  It doesn’t seem like she’s getting her needs met.  I feel like Tinsley is trying to prove to Scott that she is worthy (by saying that she is glad to show him a different side of herself—the kind that cooks and cleans—in quarantine) and I’ve felt that way since the season 10 reunion, when she was devastated that Scott was in and out of her life.  

It’s like she’s constantly auditioning for him and evaluating his response to her, and adjusting in response to that, which seems exhausting.  If you don’t know what it means when a man sends you a pair of shoes when your dog dies and you feel the need to analyze it on TV with your acquaintances, chances are you’re not in a great relationship.  And I just don’t see evidence of any substantial change since that time.  

At the same time, we are all responsible for our own behavior, and the onus isn’t all on Scott.  Tinsley needs to do what’s right for Tinsley.  I don’t think she’s going to have that baby.  I am 50-50 as to whether they’ll make it down the aisle, and I would be surprised if they did get married and the marriage lasted more than a couple of years.  This will be her third marriage.  The divorce statistics on third marriages are through the roof.  I predict Tinsley will be a kinder, gentler version of Sonja in ten years’ time.  I predict she will once again try to enter the New York scene after this thing with Scott goes tits up.  She doesn’t seem that stable, she is quite fond of the drink, and Scott just doesn’t seem that into her.  If a guy really wants to be with a woman, he will move heaven and earth to be with her.  Scott seems much more laid back than that from what I’ve observed.

This has zero to do with Dorinda.  It’s two completely separate issues that keep getting conflated.  

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Season 10 reunion, not season 9
  • Love 7

Leah said to Ramona verbatim “I don’t even care if you wear a mask....you fucking idiot.  It’s about showing yourself dancing, having the best time”  Her complaint was about the notion that people were dying and her “cast mates” weren’t taking “the shit seriously,” Ramona’s lack of empathy, not caring about “the people who are suffering in the world,” and being déclassé by being in Florida.  

In light of that, may I ask Leah what she was up to when all this was going on?  Weeping in isolation for the lost, lighting candles and saying prayers?  Or was she upgrading her apartment and giving interviews, dressed in ridiculous clothes, sharing her POV about seafood platters at a 2019 Halloween party and her “vagina”?  You know, at the same time all of those people were dying?  Hypocrite be thy name.  

Who should I believe, Leah, or my lying eyes?  

65EE2BB9-25A6-4154-973E-692B0EA13F36.png.400791f8a2ce56dce37d89d8a69b7937.png

Regarding the next two installations and Leah, I feel similarly toward Leah as Nene felt toward Sheree at the RHOA season three reunion.  Nene told Sheree that for the rest of the reunion, she would only be giving her this:

42C14B2F-A4C5-49FB-8913-7983544B5EFE.gif.0e37182cfc6741f63f6e6ebf010661af.gif

I’m not even sure Leah deserves a hand gesture.  The worst thing you can do is ignore her, much like a child having a tantrum.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Is anyone else dying to know why John needed the money from Scott?  John was never my favorite person, but one thing I did like about him was that he seemed to run a legitimate business that was separate from the show, unlike many men on the HW franchises with their grifting/ vanity careers/ bankruptcies. 

Also, I agree that if Dorinda legitimately thought that Scott was abusive/controlling and that's how she chose to address it with Tinsley, that is bananas!  Holy shit!  

• Love 3

I 100% agree that Leah's focus should have been on the fact that Ramona is bopping around from place to place unmasked like the fucking Typhoid Mary (Corona Ramona?) of the Upper East Side.  But who cares if Ramona is acting happy during the pandemic or not??  She is a C-list Bravolebrity known for saying "kadooz" and "holemill" -- not the president.  In this very Reunion, Tinsley said that quarantining during the pandemic with Scott "has been great," and nobody jumped down her throat for it.  *shrug*

• Like 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I couldn’t get over Tinsley’s necklace at the reunion.  It was so cute, unique, and I can’t stop thinking about it to the point that I’m contemplating tracking it down and getting one.  

I noticed it too and liked it.  I was wondering if it was a combination of several necklaces.  I didn't look at it closely enough to see if it was all on one chain, or on several chains.  

2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

It’s like she’s constantly auditioning for him and evaluating his response to her, and adjusting in response to that, which seems exhausting.  

That's a good point.  I hope that it isn't the case with their relationship though.  Tinsley said that she and Scott had been so busy traveling that he hadn't seen her more domesticated side.  Maybe he was worried that she wouldn't want that kind of life since she was used to being out and about on the town frequently.  Maybe he's more of a home body and doesn't want to go out a lot at night.    You really get to know a person when you're with them on a day-to-day basis and at home rather than jet-setting around the world.  I hope that things work our for them.  She seems truly happy.   Hopefully they can make compromises that makes them both happy.   

There is no excuse in the world for Dorinda's behavior towards her either.  You can disapprove of a person and their choices, but you don't have to be a complete asshole to them.  Dorinda crossed a line a long time ago with her constant sniping at Tinsley.  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 9
58 minutes ago, ladle said:

Is anyone else dying to know why John needed the money from Scott?  John was never my favorite person, but one thing I did like about him was that he seemed to run a legitimate business that was separate from the show, unlike many men on the HW franchises with their grifting/ vanity careers/ bankruptcies. 

Also, I agree that if Dorinda legitimately thought that Scott was abusive/controlling and that's how she chose to address it with Tinsley, that is bananas!  Holy shit!  

Since we're all about speculation here, I'm going to speculate that perhaps he was delinquent in taxes or something.  That seems to be an oft committed sin.  Miss a couple tax payments here and there, and before you know it, you're in deep.  It could also be something more honorable like needing cash to care for a parent or loved one.  Who knows?  What I do know is that based on Dorinda's reaction in that video, I wish he would borrow from her associates every.single.day.  She actually behaves as if it were she that was married to the mob, or more accurately, IN the mob.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Since we're all about speculation here, I'm going to speculate that perhaps he was delinquent in taxes or something.  That seems to be an oft committed sin.  Miss a couple tax payments here and there, and before you know it, you're in deep.  It could also be something more honorable like needing cash to care for a parent or loved one.  Who knows?  What I do know is that based on Dorinda's reaction in that video, I wish he would borrow from her associates every.single.day.  She actually behaves as if it were she that was married to the mob, or more accurately, IN the mob.

Interesting theory!  I guess I don't understand why he couldn't have gotten a loan from a bank or something?  Asking from a loan from your girlfriend's cast-mate's boyfriend seems... odd, to me.  Were Scott and John even close?  I can't remember seeing them interact -- though I don't follow the cast on social media, so perhaps they were besties and it eluded me.  But oh yes, re: Dorinda!  As someone else said above, I would watch a whole episode of Dorinda Medley: The Lost Footage.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I noticed it too and liked it.  I was wondering if it was a combination of several necklaces.  I didn't look at it closely enough to see if it was all on one chain, or on several chains.  

Three are David Yurman, the Starburst single pendant, Starburst Y necklace and heart lariat.  I don't know what the big heart or the oval necklaces are.

tinsley-mortimer-rhony-reunion.jpg

ETA I think she looks so much younger and prettier with her hair down and side swept bangs than the high top ponytail she favors. I know these are two different settings but the high top pony accentuates her tightened skin and pinched face.

il_570xN.2337860557_edox.jpg

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 9
On 9/11/2020 at 2:56 PM, sealit said:

I had fertility issues and I had IUIs. I’m not at all insulted with the turkey baster jokes. It’s almost like it’s the first time people have heard it. I think my husband and I actually joked about turkey basters at the time because he was deployed so much. Who GAF? And I really don’t like Dorinda or Tinsley. I just can’t believe that’s the line Andy draws. You get booted for a turkey baster joke but not for something like faking cancer. 

Regardless of what Dorinda said exactly, her intent was to make fun of Tinsley's lack of children and the probable issues she will have getting pregnant after Tinsley has spent season after season saying how much she wants a family.  Dorinda was shitty for that.  No one else has to be offended on Tinsley's behalf, but seeing others say how they're not offended seems to suggest that Tinsley shouldn't be or that people are overreacting.  Dorinda was poking at Tinsley to purposely hurt her and she did.  She knew where Tinsley's sore sport was which is why she said it.

Edited by Talented Tenth
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, ladle said:

Interesting theory!  I guess I don't understand why he couldn't have gotten a loan from a bank or something?  Asking from a loan from your girlfriend's cast-mate's boyfriend seems... odd, to me.  Were Scott and John even close?  I can't remember seeing them interact -- though I don't follow the cast on social media, so perhaps they were besties and it eluded me.  But oh yes, re: Dorinda!  As someone else said above, I would watch a whole episode of Dorinda Medley: The Lost Footage.  

Wasn't it mentioned, either on a reunion or an article somewhere, that Dorinda/John, Scott/Tinsley and Carole/Adam all went on a couple's trip to Dubai in the off season? I vaguely remember reading that somewhere. So maybe they became friendly then and John felt that he could go to Scott for a loan.

My theory into Dorinda's denial. Tinsley mentioned that the fight in Miami was off camera. The only footage we saw was the phone call to John. I wonder since Dorinda knows that the fight wasn't filmed, she will just continue to deny the whole thing. That's why on Twitter she's saying, if they had footage they would show it. I wonder if they have no footage of the fight, just the aftermath, in which case she can just continue to deny. I too would love to see Dorinda Medley: The Lost Footage.

• Love 9

Does anyone else think Ramona got her implants removed or removed and replaced with smaller ones?  Her implants were way too big for her frame and she looks much more natural now.   I'm surprised Andy didn't mention her facelift. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

And "bitter old bitches" sounds like ageism to me.

Oh, come on.  How else can you say “bitter old bitches”?  There’s no other way to say it.  They are old and bitchy.  Nothing wrong with that.  Plus, I think @Neurochik said this, not @BrownBear.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Talented Tenth said:

Regardless of what Dorinda said exactly, her intent was to make fun of Tinsley's lack of children and the probable issues she will have getting pregnant after Tinsley has spent season after season saying how much she wants a family.  Dorinda was shitty for that.  No one else has to be offended on Tinsley's behalf, but seeing others say how they're not offended seems to suggest that Tinsley shouldn't be or that people are overreacting.  Dorinda was poking at Tinsley to purposely hurt her and she did.  She knew where Tinsley's sore sport was which is why she said it.

As another person posted, at the Reunion, Dorinda also said, “I’m surprised you’re not pregnant,” in order to hurt Tinsley yet again. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

I wonder if they have no footage of the fight, just the aftermath, in which case she can just continue to deny. I too would love to see Dorinda Medley: The Lost Footage.

Sonja standing off to the side and listening intently to Dorinda reeming John on that phone call was everything. It looked as though even she couldn't believe what was going down. Seeing ALL of that footage would have been delicious. I can only imagine red faced Dorinda  turning her rage on anybody that was near her once she hung up that phone. Her blood pressure must be sky high. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

In light of that, may I ask Leah what she was up to when all this was going on?  Weeping in isolation for the lost, lighting candles and saying prayers?  Or was she upgrading her apartment and giving interviews, dressed in ridiculous clothes, sharing her POV about seafood platters at a 2019 Halloween party and her “vagina”?  You know, at the same time all of those people were dying?  Hypocrite be thy name.  

I took a peek.  I guess in her mind the blatant self-promotion is somehow elevated above the rest.  What a twit.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

Yes, I think that this is my issue with those saying, "well, I wasn't offended by it." Just because someone here might not find Dorinda's comments insulting doesn't mean that either Tinsley or the others here who were offended by it are being over-sensitive. Especially because it was clear that Dorinda intended to hurt Tinsley with the statements. 

2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

My theory into Dorinda's denial. Tinsley mentioned that the fight in Miami was off camera. The only footage we saw was the phone call to John. I wonder since Dorinda knows that the fight wasn't filmed, she will just continue to deny the whole thing. That's why on Twitter she's saying, if they had footage they would show it. I wonder if they have no footage of the fight, just the aftermath, in which case she can just continue to deny. I too would love to see Dorinda Medley: The Lost Footage.

The thing is, as you mention, Tinsley said the fight was off-camera.  So it's not like anyone was claiming that there was footage of the argument with Tinsley because it was established by Tinsley that it wasn't on camera.  Dorinda seems to think that because it wasn't on camera, the audience won't believe it happened, that she can turn this into a she-said/she-said situation and that somehow we're all going to believe Dorinda. Unfortunately for her, they DO have footage of her on camera yelling at John about "running game" and further unfortunately for her, we can all see what kind of horrendous things Dorinda is willing to say on camera. I'm not sure why she thinks anyone is going to believe her over Tinsley. 

Plus I thought it was worth noting that Lu absolutely backed up Tins' claim of an argument, so sorry Dorinda, just because there is "no footage" doesn't mean that it didn't happen. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 21
On 9/14/2020 at 10:19 AM, Silver Bells said:

Oh, come on.  How else can you say “bitter old bitches”?  There’s no other way to say it.  They are old and bitchy.  Nothing wrong with that.  Plus, I think @Neurochik said this, not @BrownBear.

Nah. It was ageism. 

If all people put themselves in the shoes of those on the receiving end of comments and consider how they might feel about them before saying them, the human race might stand a chance. Until then, it's these kinds of comments that cause divisiveness. Minor in the scheme of things, I suppose, but ya gotta start somewhere.

Young people will see for themselves one day. 

I actually give a lot of props to Bravo for having started these shows casting women in their 40's or so and for keeping some of the women even older, .e.g Ramona.  People are living longer and 60's are the new 50's, or so I've heard.

Edited by Jextella
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

No one else has to be offended on Tinsley's behalf, but seeing others say how they're not offended seems to suggest that Tinsley shouldn't be or that people are overreacting.  Dorinda was poking at Tinsley to purposely hurt her and she did.  She knew where Tinsley's sore sport was which is why she said it.

I don't believe one person here indicated anyone overreacted nor did anyone indicate Tinsley shouldn't be offended. As viewers we're here to discuss our opinions of what happened on the show and when I made my comment I said consider the source. I thought there were things Dorinda said throughout the season that were far more offensive. 

ETA: In general, a given statement can be considered offensive. Those who hear the statement decide whether or not they were offended by it. Mileage varies depending on perception and personal experience.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ladle said:

Banks wouldn't be likely sources for loans on delinquent taxes; not something you would want your financial institution to know about, much less apply for a loan to cover.  I have no idea how "close" they were, maybe as close as Luann was to Dennis.

Again, speculation.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, izabella said:

Could they also be bonding because they have an axe to grind against Andy and/or Bravo?

What ax could they have to grind with Andy?  In B’s case, he gave her a huge platform for her products along with multiple spinoffs.  In D’s case, a huge paycheck.  If anything, he should have an ax to grind with them.  I can’t believe at one time I liked both of these women.  They are horrid and I believe they are both miserable.

6 hours ago, ladle said:

That just can’t be true.  One of my best girlfriends chose to stay in a relationship with a guy for two years that I couldn’t stand.  He wasn’t abusive, in fact he was very truthful with her.  Pretty much told her in no uncertain terms that he wasn’t going to change for her, so take it or leave it.  She chose to stay.  She was over 40 and desperate for a relationship.  Eventually he kicked her to the curb, which was something she should have done like six months into the relationship.  Now yes, I did get tired of hearing her complain about him because he very clearly told her what’s up.  I told her this repeatedly.  But I would NEVER in a million years have treated her the way Dorinda treated Tinsley.  I hate your boyfriend because he treats you like shit so I’m also going to treat you like shit because you’re my friend??  In what universe can that make sense.  Maybe in Dorinda’s.

8 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Leah said to Ramona verbatim “I don’t even care if you wear a mask....you fucking idiot.  It’s about showing yourself dancing, having the best time”  Her complaint was about the notion that people were dying and her “cast mates” weren’t taking “the shit seriously,” Ramona’s lack of empathy, not caring about “the people who are suffering in the world,” and being déclassé by being in Florida.

Leah said multiple times she was offended by Ramona dancing and having a good time.  I find this ridiculous.  I would definitely understand her being pissed about Ramona going out maskless (although back in March mask knowledge was still hazy), but she said that wasn’t her issue.  Celebrities were all posting instagrams of themselves dancing, cooking, singing, etc.  Maybe the world is black and white to Leah, but a person can feel horribly about the state of our country and still look on the bright side and try to make the best of things.  I think it was nice that Ramona was able to quarantine with Mario and Avery.  I agree with others that Leah was probably jealous.  Rob treats Leah as if she’s his child.  It truly looks to me like he stays close to her for the sake of his daughter, watching to make sure Leah doesn’t completely go off the rails.

• Love 14
50 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

The thing is, as you mention, Tinsley said the fight was off-camera.  So it's not like anyone was claiming that there was footage of the argument with Tinsley because it was established by Tinsley that it wasn't on camera.  Dorinda seems to think that because it wasn't on camera, the audience won't believe it happened, that she can turn this into a she-said/she-said situation and that somehow we're all going to believe Dorinda. Unfortunately for her, they DO have footage of her on camera yelling at John about "running game" and further unfortunately for her, we can all see what kind of horrendous things Dorinda is willing to say on camera. I'm not sure why she thinks anyone is going to believe her over Tinsley. 

When Tinsley was talking and saying what had happened, Dorinda looked into the camera and kept repeating something like, “It’s not true, it’s a lie.” And THEN we saw the video!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
55 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Banks wouldn't be likely sources for loans on delinquent taxes; not something you would want your financial institution to know about, much less apply for a loan to cover.  I have no idea how "close" they were, maybe as close as Luann was to Dennis.

Again, speculation.

I thought I read somewhere--here, maybe?--that in lieu of pay for the commercials, Scott took the couples on expensive trips. Maybe John wanted a paycheck as well?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/10/2020 at 7:16 PM, OldButHappy said:

Yup - I think that the Ellen Barkin admiration came after the fact, when people told her that she suddenly looked like Ellen Barkin...

That's exactly what I thought, as she was explaining that she so admired Ellen Barkin and went under the knife to look like her.  As if that's a better explanation than "oops!" 

On 9/12/2020 at 7:50 AM, mostlylurking said:

For some reason I also liked that Tinsley was just wearing a disposable mask instead of trying to make a fashion statement.

I did, too.  Partly because I know that all too many of these fashion statement masks aren't as effective as regular cloth masks.  And that definitely includes Ramona's clear one, which doesn't even provide as much coverage as the welder-mask-looking face shields, which are to be worn with a cloth mask.  I was disappointed that Andy commented favorably about it.  She needs to be told it's bogus, and that her friend who makes them should stop.  (As should Louis Vuitton--sheeeeeeeesh.)

On 9/12/2020 at 2:41 PM, Bluesky said:

Not comparable. It was more about Ramona prancing around in public without a mask, going to parties without a mask or social distancing, posing with friends in social settings without masks.  Ramona risked lives at the beginning of the pandemic because she couldn’t stop drinking and socializing and partying like she was a college student.

And now she can't wear a mask that actually protects other people, because ...

On 9/13/2020 at 6:53 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I would imagine that she chose it so as not to deprive the unwashed masses of her beauty and greatness, while minimally adhering to mask mandates.

Fuck Ramona.

On 9/13/2020 at 7:11 AM, Starlight925 said:

I can't stand Dorinda, but I did love this one line, when talking about Ramona's drinking:

Ramona:  "I drink water!  It's how I stay so thin!"

Dorinda, with her sneer:  "You're not that thin!"

Ha!  Loved it.

Me, too.  I was almost angry that that vile creature made me laugh. 

• Love 2
On 9/11/2020 at 2:56 PM, sealit said:

I had fertility issues and I had IUIs. I’m not at all insulted with the turkey baster jokes. It’s almost like it’s the first time people have heard it. I think my husband and I actually joked about turkey basters at the time because he was deployed so much. Who GAF? And I really don’t like Dorinda or Tinsley. I just can’t believe that’s the line Andy draws. You get booted for a turkey baster joke but not for something like faking cancer. 

I know Andy called it mean, but I don’t think he could care less about the comment. That would make him more empathetic than I think he is.  He’s enabled homophobes before on these shows, and that’s when he actually had the power to fire people. 

• Love 2

I think Andy was offended by the ivf comments having had a baby vía this method. I think it made him look at it in a different light and be sympathetic towards Tins. 
Maybe John owed money to the mob or a loan shark and needed help paying them off. He seems like he’d be the type. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was laundering money as well as garments. 
There are some weeks I like Leah and then the next week it’ll be what WAS I thinking. I love her mom though. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Ramona and Dorinda can fight over this - 

louis-vuitton-roll-out-luxury-face-shield-covid-1000-mask

16 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Now I am curious as to where they will position the gigantic   C H A   and   N E L  on Dorit’s mask.

Geez....just look on Etsy at "designer inspired face masks"....there's ton of them!!  LV, Chanel, Gucci, Burberry, D&G - pretty much any designer you can think of!  Of course, all not official, so pricing is much, much cheaper!  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

And I'm much closer to their age group than Leah and Tinsley's, and I think they are bitter old bitches. I feel like they are much older than me and my friends, despite only a few years difference. 

Chronological age has less to do with being a bitter old bitch than attitude and treatment of others. There are 30-year-olds who are bitter old bitches. 

So as someone in the "appropriate" age demographic and who would/should arguably be offended by the statement, I gotta say . . .  they are some bitter old bitches! 😄

Edited by SailorGirl
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

What ax could they have to grind with Andy?  In B’s case, he gave her a huge platform for her products along with multiple spinoffs.  In D’s case, a huge paycheck.  If anything, he should have an ax to grind with them.  I can’t believe at one time I liked both of these women.  They are horrid and I believe they are both miserable.

Well, Dorinda just got fired by Andy/Bravo, and who knows what went on and what was said between Bethy and Andy/Bravo when she quit or whatever happened there.  I could easily see the two of them bitching and bonding and bitching some more.  Both of them are rage-aholics who would never go quietly - we've seen them both yelling and screaming at the top of their lungs at co-workers.  Misery loves company.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I don't believe one person here indicated anyone overreacted nor did anyone indicate Tinsley shouldn't be offended. As viewers we're here to discuss our opinions of what happened on the show and when I made my comment I said consider the source. I thought there were things Dorinda said throughout the season that were far more offensive. 

ETA: In general, a given statement can be considered offensive. Those who hear the statement decide whether or not they were offended by it. Mileage varies depending on perception and personal experience.

This is completely where I come out on the issue too.  

No one asserted it was a great comment.  I think everyone agrees it was bad.  The worst part about it for me was the intent.  But it’s not as bad in my opinion as some of the other things that have gone on this franchise.  

It reminds me of last season, when they were in Miami and Bethenny said she didn’t need free art, because she had a daughter and Tinsley didn’t, and the brouhaha that ensued.  I opined at the time that Bethenny’s comment was bad, but it didn’t resonate as one of the top worst Bethenny comments to me.  And I still feel that way.  

Everyone has their perspective and opinion.  If we were just looking for the effect it had on Tinsley, I would read a blog or an interview of hers, not read a message board on which Tinsely does not participate.  

I mention that I’m childless by choice, because I think that informs my perspective.  I’m younger than Tinsley by enough years that the two cases aren’t entirely comparable, but she and I are similarly situated in that I don’t not want kids—sometimes I wonder what my life would have been like if I had had one—but it just never happened for me, and when I hear these comments on the show, I react to them from my perspective.  Maybe someone with kids would take it differently.  Maybe someone who had been trying to get pregnant would take it differently.  I expect they would.  I want to hear from all perspectives, as I’m going to offer mine.  

Tinsley can feel any way she likes.  I can feel any way I like.  That’s what makes the world go round.  We’re on a new plateau of sensitivity when we take a comment someone says about their feelings and it’s converted into a judgment about the way someone reacted.  That is a whole other tangent.  If I thought Tinsley didn’t have a right to her feelings, I would simply write “Tinsley was being over sensitive.”  No one has made that assertion.  It’s just not there.  

This also reminds me of season 2 of RHBH when Taylor announced at Adrienne’s dinner party that she and her husband were going to couples’ therapy and Ken said out loud that for him he would feel weak if he couldn’t solve his own problems in his own marriage.  When I first heard Ken say that, it struck a chord with me and I thought he was an asshole, because that hits closer to home with me than the child thing.  Then my husband said that Taylor was the one whose chose to put it out there at a dinner party, and she should be prepared for people to give their reactions and personal feelings or she should keep it to herself.  Lightbulb moment!  I love having someone around who challenges my biases and opens my mind.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

That's exactly what I thought, as she was explaining that she so admired Ellen Barkin and went under the knife to look like her.  As if that's a better explanation than "oops!" 

I suspect the admiration stems more from Barkin having snagged Ronald  Perelman for a few years back in the early 2000's.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

It's a combination of what Dorinda said and how she said it.

Her Intent was to hurt Tinsley.

Dorinda thinks witty and funny hides cruelty.

It doesn't.

So true. And in recent years, she’s been less and less witty/funny. Just cruel.

Her THs this season were inane and pointless 99% of the time.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, SailorGirl said:

And I'm much closer to their age group than Leah and Tinsley's, and I think they are bitter old bitches. I feel like they are much older than me and my friends, despite only a few years difference. 

Chronological age has less to do with being a bitter old bitch than attitude and treatment of others. There are 30-year-olds who are bitter old bitches. 

So as someone in the "appropriate" age demographic and who would/should arguably be offended by the statement, I gotta say . . .  they are some bitter old bitches! 😄

You are still young in my book.  There comes a time when we all have to face the fact that over a certain age you are considered old.    You take it with a grain of salt, and do your best.  You can look like a rag, or spruce yourself up and look fabulous.  Attitude counts.  Dorinda’s attitude makes her a bitter old bitch, even tho she is just only 55.  You are as old as you look, act and do.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

As another person posted, at the Reunion, Dorinda also said, “I’m surprised you’re not pregnant,” in order to hurt Tinsley yet again. 

There was no reason for Dorinda to chime in yet again.  She just can’t sit there and shut up and let the girl speak.  Anytime anyone said something, she had to interject.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, ChitChat said:

That's a good point.  I hope that it isn't the case with their relationship though.  Tinsley said that she and Scott had been so busy traveling that he hadn't seen her more domesticated side.  Maybe he was worried that she wouldn't want that kind of life since she was used to being out and about on the town frequently.  Maybe he's more of a home body and doesn't want to go out a lot at night.    You really get to know a person when you're with them on a day-to-day basis and at home rather than jet-setting around the world.  I hope that things work our for them.  She seems truly happy.   Hopefully they can make compromises that makes them both happy.   

There is no excuse in the world for Dorinda's behavior towards her either.  You can disapprove of a person and their choices, but you don't have to be a complete asshole to them.  Dorinda crossed a line a long time ago with her constant sniping at Tinsley.  

You are so right.  No matter how long you go out with a boyfriend or fiancé, you don’t know hi until you live with him.  That goes both ways too.  I hope Tinsley had enough of drinking and the night life.  It’s time.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ladle said:

Is anyone else dying to know why John needed the money from Scott? 

Maybe they were talking about some business venture and Scott thought he'd invest, or maybe he just felt sorry for John and loaned him some money.  Maybe one day the whole story will come out! Either way, Dorinda isn't married to John.  She should keep her nose out of his finances, or at least bring it up off camera. 

If Dorinda went off on Tinsley like she did with John, I'm sure that brought back some very bad memories for Tinsley with the abuse she suffered by her boyfriend.  It's no wonder that she tended to back down from Dorinda whenever she was going after her.  Dorinda going into rabid-dog mode would be a terrible trigger!  And just my 2 cents, Dorinda was an ass for making the turkey baster comment.  There are certain things that a person knows about their friends and their struggles, and you sure as hell don't make jokes about those issues.  Some people may be okay with it, but others aren't.  It's best to err on the side of caution and keep one's mouth shut rather than offend someone on sensitive topics like pregnancy.  YMMV.   

• Love 9
5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Again, speculation.

Ooo, I'd forgotten about Luann and Dennis.  One thing that's always been interesting to me about this franchise is that some of the women do seem to be genuinely connected through this (sometimes unseen) web of relationships-- whether they flow from the show or were pre-existing, or both.  Even if they're not besties many, though not all, of these women do seem to run in similar circles.  

• Love 2