Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E22: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

As another person posted, at the Reunion, Dorinda also said, “I’m surprised you’re not pregnant,” in order to hurt Tinsley yet again. 

There is absolutely zero percent doubt that was a complete asshole comment from Dorinda.  In this context and with these two particular people especially, 100% an asshole comment.

• Love 18
On 9/11/2020 at 5:09 PM, Mar said:

She was on WWHL last night and for days before, she was all over social media saying that she was going to make a big announcement. People were speculating that she would announce she would be joining the show next year. Instead she said that she now has a podcast. I know a lot of people liked her on the show, but her personality is just way too much for me. She is very “in your face”.

I loved Carole and Heather on the show. Dorinda ran Heather off I believe. Dorinda was so mean to her in her first season.  I haven’t liked Dorinda since then.  She tore into Heather on a trip about using the F word.  Between that and asking that African American man to take her coat in the restaurant, really sealed my opinion about her from the get go. I wish Bethenny would’ve taken her down.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

You are still young in my book.  There comes a time when we all have to face the fact that over a certain age you are considered old.    You take it with a grain of salt, and do your best.  You can look like a rag, or spruce yourself up and look fabulous.  Attitude counts.  Dorinda’s attitude makes her a bitter old bitch, even tho she is just only 55.  You are as old as you look, act and do.

I totally agree. I’m 55 and have several friends in their early sixties. Some of them come across as much younger and some as much older - especially with their attitude. I have a 90 year old friend who, before a stroke 6 months ago, you would have thought she was 75 or even younger.

• Love 7
On 9/11/2020 at 6:06 PM, AuntieDiane6 said:

I doubt it. Men her age want younger women and are especially wary of women whose clocks are ticking and who desperately want children.

If Tinsley is like other RHs, she'll do what they do:  get married, have a baby quickly and then promptly get divorced.  See:  Frankel, Bethenny; Moore, Kenya; Park, Phaedra ... 

Gonna disagree about Phaedra.  She had two children and her husband went to prison.  I agree about everything else.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Shauna said:

Does anyone else think Ramona got her implants removed or removed and replaced with smaller ones?  Her implants were way too big for her frame and she looks much more natural now.   I'm surprised Andy didn't mention her facelift. 

I hate how Andy would always put Ramona's plastic surgery on display because he never did that to Bethenny (or, as I'm typing this, Carole for some reason).  Bethenny got her nose and jaw shaved and a million other things over the seasons but I don't remember Andy bringing up any of this.  Yet, every reunion without fail he forces Ramona (and Sonja this time for some reason) to name all of their procedures.  There was one particular reunion where Ramona was very uncomfortable with it and said "Do I have to?"  Why does she and Luann get shit on so much and some other housewives don't?

10 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

[Dorinda] knew where Tinsley's sore sport was which is why she said it.

Anyone who counts up and remembers your weaknesses to use them to attack you later is an emotional bully.  Anyone who would do that, you should stay away from.  Bad people who need help.  Dorinda uses Luann's arrest and Tinsley's fertility and marriage.  If she hated Bethenny she'd use her divorce.  If she hated Carole she'd use the fact that her husband died young.  And so on.  She's sick.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Sonja standing off to the side and listening intently to Dorinda reeming John on that phone call was everything. It looked as though even she couldn't believe what was going down. Seeing ALL of that footage would have been delicious. I can only imagine red faced Dorinda  turning her rage on anybody that was near her once she hung up that phone. Her blood pressure must be sky high. 

I agree, it was sad.  She looked like the abused spouse of a demented monster (Dorinda).  Sonja has Stockholm Syndrome when it comes to Dor.  How can you watch somebody act like that and still respect them?  Maybe she's finally going to see the light.  Oh well, Dor's knocked off the show anyway.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/11/2020 at 6:59 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Nope! You are spot on with everything you said. Any of these other shrews would give anything to have a man in their life that loves them. They would move in a heartbeat if they had the same situation...look how fast they all flew out of New York and headed to Florida and elsewhere during the peak of the pandemic in NYC. 

I wish I could get that up on YouTube or somewhere else...that was unreal. Dorinda is the type of person who is so obnoxious and mean that she deserves to have a drink poured over her head or in her face every time she goes on one of rants at someone solely for the purpose of being a bitch.

A drink wouldn’t help Dorinda.   Mercy, she stabbed her own hand with a steak knife and was so drunk, she didn’t notice.  Bethenny had to point it out.  She also put her face in a cake of LIT candles.  I think a taser is in order. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Gonna disagree about Phaedra.  She had two children and her husband went to prison.  I agree about everything else.

I did question her inclusion myself!  But then I thought, she just thought her husband was FINE ... She didn't marry him for his brains.  

44 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

so obnoxious and mean that she deserves to have a drink poured over her head or in her face every time she goes on one of rants at someone solely for the purpose of being a bitch.

Dorinda is a wolf in sheep’s clothing.  She lures you into her lair with a chicken and gives you a room in Blue Stone Manor.  I wouldn’t trust her with a ten foot pole.  One minute she’s nice, then her head spins around and she’s a different person.  Scary.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Maybe they were talking about some business venture and Scott

Can you guys confirm for me John and Bethenny's realtionship? Was it friendly, aloof, distant. I remember when he crashed her bra(?) party that became hostile. There is an unconfirmed thought in my head that he wanted some type of business arrangement with her. Brain dead alert: I was laid off and have been job hunting, online, since March. Mind numbing.

30 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Can you guys confirm for me John and Bethenny's realtionship? Was it friendly, aloof, distant. I remember when he crashed her bra(?) party that became hostile. There is an unconfirmed thought in my head that he wanted some type of business arrangement with her. Brain dead alert: I was laid off and have been job hunting, online, since March. Mind numbing.

I think Bethenny was friendly towards him at first but then there was a bad scene where John tried to attack Bethenny's business out of nowhere.  Please all correct me if I'm wrong.  I remember the women at some sort of farm party that Bethenny was very uncomfortable to be at.  Maybe it was Carole's, and they had been fighting?  And John directly comes up to Bethenny and says something like, a friend of his had the idea for Skinny Girl first?

That's my memory, but ?????  Who knows?

I'm so sorry about your job!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

And John directly comes up to Bethenny and says something like, a friend of his had the idea for Skinny Girl first?

Not the idea of Skinny Girl but that his friend was the founder of Skinny Cow, low-fat ice cream, and wondered if she got the idea for the name from there. She responded no and that she was a girl and he was a cow which was fairly typical of Bethenny’s quips in that it didn’t actually make sense. It was a lingerie party in a hotel suite and it’s were Ramona told Dorinda that John went around bragging about their sex life. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

I am playing around with the John-Scott money exchange, thinking it may be some type of business thing. Which prompted me to review the John-Bethenny connection.

I always gave John the benefit of the reality show doubt, in fact had sympathy for him being on the receiving end of Dorinda’s “love”.  

Considering the new information regarding him running game and the Chapter 11, it appears he is not the pudgy, successful businessman I thought he was.

Now I am wondering if he has always been an opportunist who takes strolls on the shady side and could not resist hitching a ride on the Bethenny train.

. . . thanks!

• Love 4

My gut is telling me that John and Dorinda were together for sex and drugs.  No more, no less.

I think drugs got the better of both, and they may have impacted John's ability to run his business (although I'd wager there were other legit things like a changing economy, etc.).

The timing behind Dorinda's break with John is interesting. I don't think the split had to do with any sort of "lost love" since I don't think it ever existed. I think there was more to it.  Drugs, failing business, fragile emotional states, etc.

I have absolutely no proof of any of this, though.  I'm just surmising based on rumors and on-screen behavior.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12

Tinsley said Scott gave John money. She never said loaned. I took that to mean maybe John asked him to go in on an investment scheme. She also said something about Scott being generous but I didn't hear that too well because Dorinda was talking over her. I remember the bra party. It was Dorinda's first season. I might have to go back and review that on Hulu. I also think John said something to Bethenny at  some point about going in on some type of investment with him and I think that was on camera. I vaguely remember this. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, 65mickey said:

so think John said something to Bethenny at  some point about going in on some type of investment with him and I think that was on camera. I vaguely remember this. 

Bethenny mentioned that he asked if she wanted to go in on his closet debugging that he did for her closet when she was rightfully complaining about still having moths after he had done it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Dorinda seemed rather not as viscous to Tinsley at the reunion haha. I much prefer Ramona with longer hair extensions but the blonde should of been a darker shade of blonde imo. Sonja doesn’t look like one iota like that actress she was trying to look like in my opinion. It seemed like Luanne was barely there,I almost forgot she was lol. Please bring poor Elyse on for part 2 Bravo. Leah’s dress wasn’t all that to me. I love that Ramona can handle Dorinda, I’ll give her that haha. Tinsley was making cringe with her talk about pleasing Scott. Also I don’t like her hair pinned off her face like that lol. Sonja needs longer hair extensions too. Avery is a combination of both her parents but she’s the girl version of Mario. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

I always gave John the benefit of the reality show doubt, in fact had sympathy for him being on the receiving end of Dorinda’s “love”.  

Considering the new information regarding him running game and the Chapter 11, it appears he is not the pudgy, successful businessman I thought he was.

Now I am wondering if he has always been an opportunist who takes strolls on the shady side and could not resist hitching a ride on the Bethenny train.

I think John loved (maybe infatuated with) Dorinda.  Dorinda simply USED John.   I'd use the word "opportunist" for Dorinda and would love to see a timeline of her "wealth."  She looks down her nose at so many people who have less than she does; how did she get so rich?  Or is she?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I wouldn’t trust her with a ten foot pole.  One minute she’s nice, then her head spins around and she’s a different person.

I don't watch the show anymore, but try to catch the reunions.  This time there was another 1hr presentation that was just unseen clips from the season, so it taped accidentally.  It was eye-opening to see how horrible and UGLY Dorinda gets when she's mad.  It's the clip where she was yelling at John to never discuss money with her friends.  YIKES!  I'm sure if she had a gun and he was in the same room, she'd have left a bleeding-out body and gone about her day.  I've always thought she was extremely cruel-- and wonder why (mean/gossipy) Andy reveres her so much.  

On 9/10/2020 at 6:02 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Tinsly to have breached her contract sure is getting the love from Andy ... god I hate Dorinda 

• Is it possible Scott bought out her contract?
  • Is is possible she and Andy negotiated something?
  • Is it possible she had enough ammunition to sue the show via Dorinda and "something" was worked out?
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I don't watch the show anymore, but try to catch the reunions.  This time there was another 1hr presentation that was just unseen clips from the season, so it taped accidentally.  It was eye-opening to see how horrible and UGLY Dorinda gets when she's mad.  It's the clip where she was yelling at John to never discuss money with her friends.  YIKES!  I'm sure if she had a gun and he was in the same room, she'd have left a bleeding-out body and gone about her day.  I've always thought she was extremely cruel-- and wonder why (mean/gossipy) Andy reveres her so much.  

• Is it possible she had enough ammunition to sue the show via Dorinda and "something" was worked out?

I think she got out of it because of Dorinda ... I think had Dorinda not attacked her all season relentlessly and her being  removed from the house at the end of last season due to Dorinda raging for her safety she would still be under contract and wouldn't have been let go so easy  ..To get her back this season they probably  promised Tins that she would be safe from Dorinda and that's why she came back .. I think that's why she got the send off she got it... IF she had Breached the contract they wouldn't have brought her back at all for the reunion and wouldn't have given her that send off .. Tins would have had a hell of an legal argument for breaching the contract from this season alone with the emotional abuse she was receiving add to that a lawyer could easily subpoena bravo for any video as evidence they had from last season in Miami and Bravo knew they were fucked .... so I guess Thanks Dorinda you belligerent raging alcoholic it was you who let Tins get out so if you need to rage at someone look in the Mirror cause it was prob you who gave  her the great send off she got ... that must piss her off so much hehe

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 12

Truth be known Dorinda did not want Tinsley to leave the show. She wanted her around so she could continue to attack and abuse her and use her a a punching bag when she gets into one of her drunken rages. When Tinsley left to go to Chicago and then got engaged Dorinda became fixated on Tins. and just couldn't let it go and move on.  Never seen another housewife so invested in another cast member's relationship status. Dorinda can't admit to herself that her rage is driven by extreme jealousy and resentment of what Tins. has and she no longer has. No wonder she stays drunk and cries so much. She is eating her self up with bitterness and hate. Not good for her mental or physical  health.

h

• Love 15
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Not the idea of Skinny Girl but that his friend was the founder of Skinny Cow, low-fat ice cream, and wondered if she got the idea for the name from there. She responded no and that she was a girl and he was a cow which was fairly typical of Bethenny’s quips in that it didn’t actually make sense. It was a lingerie party in a hotel suite and it’s were Ramona told Dorinda that John went around bragging about their sex life. 

Honestly.... that's pretty damn funny.  I can't wait for my next rewatch.

I seriously hated Sonja's camera ho act of putting hand sanitizer on her legs when Tinsley was talking.  She can be funny at times but sometimes her antics are tiresome.

Oh Dorinda and here I was willing to take her to Bronner's Christmas Village so long ago.  Now I would just drop her off in Toledo or Detroit (my apologies to both).

Tinsley still gets the last laugh. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Yes, yes, and yes.  What took so long?.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, mytmo said:

I seriously hated Sonja's camera ho act of putting hand sanitizer on her legs when Tinsley was talking.  She can be funny at times but sometimes her antics are tiresome.

Oh Dorinda and here I was willing to take her to Bronner's Christmas Village so long ago.  Now I would just drop her off in Toledo or Detroit (my apologies to both).

Tinsley still gets the last laugh. 

I think that Sonja hates Tinsley as much as Dorinda but is better at hiding it. When she did this, it really annoyed me because it was as if she was trying to take away from or distract from Tinsley talking. They should’ve just ignored her instead of moving the camera to her and having Andy interrupt Tinsley. I wanted to hear what Tinsley was saying!

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, Mar said:

I think that Sonja hates Tinsley as much as Dorinda but is better at hiding it. W

She’s not that great at hiding it, it’s just that Dorinda was so crazy vile to her she gets most of the attention. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I think John loved (maybe infatuated with) Dorinda.  Dorinda simply USED John.   I'd use the word "opportunist" for Dorinda and would love to see a timeline of her "wealth."  She looks down her nose at so many people who have less than she does; how did she get so rich?  Or is she?

It’s very simple, Dorinda married well, twice.  Both men were in finance and very successful.  She worked at Liz Claiborne and had that cashmere shop but that is not where her wealth came from.  

Can you imagine how difficult it's been for Tinsley to have kept this information about Dorinda private, knowing that by showing the footage of Dorinda's phone call with John would show what an asshole she was?  I sure wish Bravo would've shown all of that when it happened. 

What was that thing Leah was wearing to the reunion?  A bathing suit with a mesh coverup?  I don't understand her "style."  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Truth be known Dorinda did not want Tinsley to leave the show. She wanted her around so she could continue to attack and abuse her and use her a a punching bag when she gets into one of her drunken rages. When Tinsley left to go to Chicago and then got engaged Dorinda became fixated on Tins. and just couldn't let it go and move on.  Never seen another housewife so invested in another cast member's relationship status. Dorinda can't admit to herself that her rage is driven by extreme jealousy and resentment of what Tins. has and she no longer has. No wonder she stays drunk and cries so much. She is eating her self up with bitterness and hate. Not good for her mental or physical  health.

h

With all this abuse going on for so long, why didn’t production put a stop to it?  Did they think it made good t,v.?  My stomach used to turn when this was going on, especially when they went to the winery and she attacked Tins like a rabid dog.  Then every time she saw Tins, it was another attack until Tinsley left for Chicago.

• Love 5

I’m sure this is old news, but did everyone see Leah was offered little money for next season and turned it down?  TMZ said she was getting $3000 per episode this year.  I’m sure it’s been on SM and all those other things.  They start filming the new season again in a few weeks.  Wonder who the new people are.  Anyone know?  Two more reunion shows left.  I’m sure everyone knows more than me.

In season seven, Dorinda tells Kristen and Ramona, I think, that John cried with her when Richard died. It’s quite possible her grief moved him to tears. I can see how that would bond you to someone. That meant a great deal to Dorinda. It meant that he was a good man who genuinely cared about her. She thought that would be enough to compensate for all the stuff she despises about him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

With all this abuse going on for so long, why didn’t production put a stop to it?  Did they think it made good t,v.?

That's the name of the game with these "Reality" shows.  They're getting meaner all the time.  Andy Cohen is no puppy dog.  He's a vile pot-stirrer, the biggest gossip of 'em all.  He SWOONS when they're at each others' throats.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Emmeline said:

It’s very simple, Dorinda married well, twice.  Both men were in finance and very successful.

That's common knowledge--but did the men not have previous families and "obligations"?  Did they have hefty insurance policies?  How/Where/Why did they pick up such a harridan?  Details. Details!

• Love 3
On 9/14/2020 at 8:53 PM, Jextella said:

My gut is telling me that John and Dorinda were together for sex and drugs.  No more, no less.

Well...there was that never-ending supply of beautiful couture, vintage, and designer garments available for Dorinda to BORROW at Madame Paulette's.  It's John's upscale cleaners (and more).  Wasn't Paulette his mother?

• Love 3
On 9/14/2020 at 12:35 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

As another person posted, at the Reunion, Dorinda also said, “I’m surprised you’re not pregnant,” in order to hurt Tinsley yet again. 

What was it any of her business anyway to say something like that, especially to Tinsley.  Interrupting her when she was speaking.  Andy May be this n that, but when it comes to surrogacy, I think he is very soft.  I’ll bet that is Tinsleys intention someday.  I hope sooner than later.  BTW, is that her intention?  Did she ever try to get pregnant .. have a miscarriage, or what ?  I don’t know her story.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I’m sure this is old news, but did everyone see Leah was offered little money for next season and turned it down?  TMZ said she was getting $3000 per episode this year.  I’m sure it’s been on SM and all those other things.  They start filming the new season again in a few weeks.  Wonder who the new people are.  Anyone know?  Two more reunion shows left.  I’m sure everyone knows more than me.

I hadn't heard this. I hope it's true. Andy seemed to give Leah the most attention at the reunion. He was fawning over her. As another poster mentioned, he didn't read any critical comments about her from viewers. I'm sure there were some. I didn't enjoy her drunken antics and don't want to see her back on this show. But I keep hearing how popular she is and how Bravo is going to build the show around her. 

I'm not planning on watching next season anyone but I will check back here to read about the new cast. 

I wonder if we'll hear more from Lu in the P2. 

• Love 3
On 9/13/2020 at 12:49 PM, RedDelicious said:

I speak from my own experience, and I’m raising my hand and saying I’ve learned my lesson (thank god), that when you’re enmeshed in dating a controlling narcissist that your friends come to hate, your friends and your friends by marriage think they have the moral ground to rip into you for being so stupid. 

IT DOES NOT EXCUSE DORINDA’S BEHAVIOR (fucks sake) but that is how it happens. 

I’ve been on the receiving end of it and that’s exactly what it looks like. But nobody can knock sense into the victim until they decide for themselves. And it hurts like hell. I ended several friendships because of it and my friend circle is very small now because of my history of narc boyfriends. I consider it my own fault for not learning my lesson the first time on all counts.

I REPEAT, IT DOES NOT EXCUSE DORINDA’S BEHAVIOR TOWARDS TINSLEY (fuck) and we’re dealing with more mental issues than just that. But I recognize what I see and what @Kerrey92 and @Starlight925 talk about above makes sense to me. If that’s the case and Scott was mean to Tinsley during the Coupon Cabin commercial I would be livid if my partner accepted money for it too. And perhaps that explains the dissolution of the Carole friendship as well. Huh. 

I’ve disliked Scott from go because of what I recognized in Scott and Tinsley’s relationship from my own experiences. That guy’s a douche and he knows he has her by the neck with her sense of self worth. He’s seen the pictures of her bruises. He’s seen the police reports. Narcs don’t care about other people’s pain. They only care about controlling what serves a purpose to them. A guy like Scott would NEVER have been able to bag a Tinsley Mortimer 15 years ago. He’s no Prince Charming. Don’t be fooled. 

Poor Tinsley 😢 my heart hurts for her. She’s only fooling herself. 

How do you know this about Scott?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, OdinO. said:

How do you know this about Scott?

It's admittedly subjective. However, no relationship I have ever known of, of mine or anyone else's, that was subject to the guy dumping the girl and the girl taking him back multiple times, was ever healthy and happy. There is always an imbalance of power because the guy is calling the shots.

I would never want to be with someone long term who was so unsure of me that he had to end the relationship several times so he could figure it out. You either care enough to stay in the relationship and work on it (Scott) or you cut your losses and move on (Tinsley), especially in your late thirties/early forties.

We're not talking about a couple of kids fresh out of college who are still figuring out who they are. Tinsley should never have been made to feel that she had to prove her worth to Scott in order to get him to stay with her. Guys like that who string women along know exactly what they're doing and exactly what type of woman to choose. 

https://people.com/tv/rhony-tinsley-mortimer-sobs-over-relationship-with-controlling-boyfriend/

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

It's admittedly subjective. However, no relationship I have ever known of, of mine or anyone else's, that was subject to the guy dumping the girl and the girl taking him back multiple times, was ever healthy and happy. There is always an imbalance of power because the guy is calling the shots.

I would never want to be with someone long term who was so unsure of me that he had to end the relationship several times so he could figure it out. You either care enough to stay in the relationship and work on it (Scott) or you cut your losses and move on (Tinsley), especially in your late thirties/early forties.

We're not talking about a couple of kids fresh out of college who are still figuring out who they are. Tinsley should never have been made to feel that she had to prove her worth to Scott in order to get him to stay with her. Guys like that who string women along know exactly what they're doing and exactly what type of woman to choose. 

https://people.com/tv/rhony-tinsley-mortimer-sobs-over-relationship-with-controlling-boyfriend/

That's very true. It probably won't end well.

7 hours ago, OdinO. said:

That's very true. It probably won't end well.

The video clip in the People article is very interesting 😲 Not only what the commentators discuss but D getting up out of her chair to comfort Tinsley and defend her. What in fresh hell happened?? (don't answer that - that's a rhetorical question!) I need to re-watch that episode.

ETA: Season 11, Episode 7, It’s Kind of a Phone-y Story

Edited by RedDelicious
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Good find on those very words straight from Tinsley's mouth!  I stand corrected!

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Good find on those very words straight from Tinsley's mouth!  I stand corrected!

I think Tins has reached an age (for her) where she has decided what she will and will not accept in a relationship people change things you want out of a relationship change what you will and wont tolerate change .... I think she looks at Sonja she looks at Ramona she looks at Dorinda and doesn't want to be at that age and not have someone she doesn't want to be that woman that is starting to look desperate"( I am not saying they are desperate but at a certain age to still be hunting for dick like that's the end all be all of life just is sad)  She made a choice to be with scott on her own terms let her live her life she seems happy at the moment and if she ever wants to she can move on from him.....

• Love 10

I agree with what you said Kid, I think you're right. I have a bit of twist on the perspective though. I think Tinsley is dealing with pretty significant trauma bonds which is the part where she says she loves him and he's the one - that's all based on how he made her feel in the good times. It makes you excuse A LOT in the bad times. It's like that poem, when they're good, they're good and when they're bad, they're horrid. I think she's hanging on to Scott because she doesn't want to be alone and desperate like the Witches of the East Side (even though Sawn is on Columbus Circle), and she's willing to accept his crap. Because let's face it, along with his crap comes a ton of privilege. But you're right, she's happy now and I guess that's all that matters. If that dude pulls his shit though, I'm going to be pissed. Like, really pissed. It hits far too close to home for me. There'll be legions of fans who will want to grab him by the neck beard and give him the what for.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Great find!  So this article basically confirms what a few of us have been theorizing about Scott was/is true from Tinsley’s perspective as well.  

For her to say—publicly, no less—That Scott “is a very different person than anyone [she’s] ever dated” and “he has controlling ways about him” is saying a lot, considering that she dated Nico Fanjul, who beat the shit out of her.  

As viewers, I think we are all prone to projecting our own desires and motives onto these “ladies,” but I’ve never seen it as acutely as I’ve seen with Tinsley.  Forgive me if I get too Jungian, but I feel like there is this really strong collective viewer compulsion to cast Tinsley as the archetype of this picture perfect princess who is now living out her fairy tale, especially as juxtaposed against the wicked stepmother, Dorinda.  

Now, I have no problem with Dorinda as the wicked stepmother from hell.  This post is not about Dorinda.  I’m actually a little bored of Dorinda right now.  

But I also don’t like Tinsely at all, and, I have twisted myself up into a pretzel trying, and it just doesn’t happen for me.  I see someone who is vapid, weak, desperate, and very immature.  I have absolutely no sympathy for the argument that Dale raised her to be this way, thus that is all she knows.  Did Dale raise Tinsley in isolation, perhaps in a remote cave, or did Tinsley leave home to attend an Ivy League school nowhere near Dale?  Not to mention that Tinsley was in boarding school prior to that time, so she was not with Dale as long as most of us regular people are with our mothers.  Then add 20+ years of Tinsley’s life, at least some time of which was spent abroad, and I come to the conclusion that Tinsley can’t have it both ways—she cannot be this successful businesswoman jet-setter and someone who is under the spell of her mommy a quarter of a century after Dale was not her primary caregiver.  

My theory is that Tinsley is neither a smart, savvy businessperson, nor is she a victim of Dale (whom I find heinous by the way).  I get the impression that a lot of her opportunities were handed to her, sort of the way that opportunities were handed to Paris Hilton.  I’ve read some interviews, and Tinsely has been very calculated about becoming a New York socialite; it didn’t just happen.  She’s worked with some heavy hitters in the industry to become the person she portrays herself to be, such as quitting her job to become a “little socialite.”  And if she was going to be a socialite, I would actually respect that.  But I can’t with the crying and the poor me attitude that she has carried around since day one of being on this show.  And the vacillating, and my God, the prevarication, complete with the hand-wringing makes me really wonder about her emotional maturity.  

I’ve always said Tinsley needed assistance with her mental health and learning how to find the ability to assert herself (when she’s sober) more than she needed to be on reality TV, especially fresh off an arrest.  I’m also not fond of the way she spun her arrest aka her mugshot, as she’s so fond of calling it, into something cute and kitschy, between taglines and coasters.  I think that’s tacky, and it strikes me that she doesn’t seem to treat incarceration with the gravitas it deserves.  

I just tend to find weakness non-endearing.  Vulnerability can be extremely endearing, and I’ve always tried to find that in Tinsley, but each and every time, it comes up as weakness.  She is 45 damned years old.  Which other woman on any of the franchises has acted in this “poor me” style that Tinsley has?  I can’t really think of one.  Stephanie Holman on RH of Dallas, who is in her thirties, cries a lot and sometimes appears weak, but she has twenty times the backbone that Tinsley does.  I just don’t get why I should be rooting for someone like this.  She doesn’t read as a sympathetic character, she reads as a pathetic character to me, or a tragic character, like Blanche DuBois from A Streetcar Named Desire.  

What I also don’t love is that I think Tinsley gets a lot of sympathy for her appearance.  She looks frail, therefore she is given more deference IMO.  If Tinsley were 200 lbs and she wore coochie cutters with spiked heels and wore her hair in an Afro, I’m not sure the viewing audience would be so protective over her.  I find her looks jarring at this point.  When I looked at that picture someone posted up thread of the ring—which was beautiful—I couldn’t believe how thin her nose was.  I just didn’t want to look at her face.  This is veering heavily into Michael Jackson territory and body dysmorphic disorder.  Again, get mental health assistance.  Reality TV is not a substitute for serious therapy, despite what Andy Cohen may try to get these women to believe.  

I try not to write too much about Tinsley, because she gives the appearance of being so soft that it’s hard to pinpoint her dark, unwell underbelly, and that was why I was so, so glad she left the show.  I was so relieved I wouldn’t have to keep watching something insidious and stunted that was masquerading as sweetness and manners and light.  I was really not thrilled when I saw that she was returning for the reunion.

In fact, when Tinsley left the show, I was more relieved in some ways than when I heard Bethenny was leaving the show.  Bethenny is like Ramona, Sonja and Lu in that she can hang.  She is utterly dreadful, but she’s a tough bitch and she didn’t get kid glove treatment.  I’m not sure anyone pitied Bethenny, at least not toward the end.  And even though Bethenny didn’t have Dale as a mother, she was supposedly “raised by wolves” with a stepfather who came on the show and admitted he dragged Bethenny’s mom across the house by the hair in front of Bethenny when she was a little girl.  But “raised by wolves” is used as a punchline, whereas “Dale” is used as this panacea to explain all of Tinsley’s pathologies.  Bethenny is only a handful of years older than Tinsley.  I don’t get the double standard.  

For the record, I think they’re both horrible, in completely different ways.  

And I know that the counterpoint is that Bethenny went out of her way to hurt people, whereas Tinsley kind of just shows up and doesn’t harm anyone.  But I just don’t respect the way Tinsley lives her life.  I don’t think she is a good example to other people, adults or children.  If I bought into Bethenny’s mentality that some women represent all women, which I don’t, I would agree that Tinsely sets women back 100 years.  I happen to think we’re all individuals, and nothing Tinsley or Bethenny or Dorinda says or does has any bearing on me as a woman.  At the same time, I just want her to go to Chicago and live her best life and be off the show.  And, for the record, as always, I hope I’m wrong and Tinsley and Scott get hitched and live happily ever after off the fat of the land.  Tinsley’s gain isn’t my loss.  

I do think Tinsley has made pretty significant strides between the time she left the show and the reunion, and I gave her credit for that upthread.  I am happy to see that.  But when I read an article like the one posted, I get a bee in my bonnet and I get extremely exasperated about Tinsley all over again and then I have to write about it.  In short, I just feel like she’s nobody’s victim, and I find it surprising that so many buy what she is selling hook, line and sinker.  But there are only two more reunion installations left, and then we can officially bid her adieu, so I’m not going to get too twisted up about it.  I just dislike her.  I hope that she learns how to be a strong person, for her own sake, and for the sake of any children she may have, but if she doesn’t, I’m sure the world will keep on turning.  

I just don’t think “helpless” is a cute look in 2020, for an adult woman or a man, and I’m glad the four year narrative of poor little rich girl is finally going bye-bye.  It’s about three and a half years overdo, but who’s counting?  

• Love 4

Brava @LibertarianSlut - that was a great post.  I do feel bad for her, because the only person she is fooling is herself. Tinsley has to learn from her patterns, get some help for her relationship issues and do better for herself and no one else. There's nothing wrong with domesticity as long as it isn't in subservience, and I'm happy that she's happy now. If it works out, great. But like it's been said to me time and time again, and I finally learned, the best indicator of future behavior is past behavior. And Scott doesn't have the greatest track record.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Great find!  So this article basically confirms what a few of us have been theorizing about Scott was/is true from Tinsley’s perspective as well.  

For her to say—publicly, no less—That Scott “is a very different person than anyone [she’s] ever dated” and “he has controlling ways about him” is saying a lot, considering that she dated Nico Fanjul, who beat the shit out of her.  

As viewers, I think we are all prone to projecting our own desires and motives onto these “ladies,” but I’ve never seen it as acutely as I’ve seen with Tinsley.  Forgive me if I get too Jungian, but I feel like there is this really strong collective viewer compulsion to cast Tinsley as the archetype of this picture perfect princess who is now living out her fairy tale, especially as juxtaposed against the wicked stepmother, Dorinda.  

Now, I have no problem with Dorinda as the wicked stepmother from hell.  This post is not about Dorinda.  I’m actually a little bored of Dorinda right now.  

But I also don’t like Tinsely at all, and, I have twisted myself up into a pretzel trying, and it just doesn’t happen for me.  I see someone who is vapid, weak, desperate, and very immature.  I have absolutely no sympathy for the argument that Dale raised her to be this way, thus that is all she knows.  Did Dale raise Tinsley in isolation, perhaps in a remote cave, or did Tinsley leave home to attend an Ivy League school nowhere near Dale?  Not to mention that Tinsley was in boarding school prior to that time, so she was not with Dale as long as most of us regular people are with our mothers.  Then add 20+ years of Tinsley’s life, at least some time of which was spent abroad, and I come to the conclusion that Tinsley can’t have it both ways—she cannot be this successful businesswoman jet-setter and someone who is under the spell of her mommy a quarter of a century after Dale was not her primary caregiver.  

My theory is that Tinsley is neither a smart, savvy businessperson, nor is she a victim of Dale (whom I find heinous by the way).  I get the impression that a lot of her opportunities were handed to her, sort of the way that opportunities were handed to Paris Hilton.  I’ve read some interviews, and Tinsely has been very calculated about becoming a New York socialite; it didn’t just happen.  She’s worked with some heavy hitters in the industry to become the person she portrays herself to be, such as quitting her job to become a “little socialite.”  And if she was going to be a socialite, I would actually respect that.  But I can’t with the crying and the poor me attitude that she has carried around since day one of being on this show.  And the vacillating, and my God, the prevarication, complete with the hand-wringing makes me really wonder about her emotional maturity.  

I’ve always said Tinsley needed assistance with her mental health and learning how to find the ability to assert herself (when she’s sober) more than she needed to be on reality TV, especially fresh off an arrest.  I’m also not fond of the way she spun her arrest aka her mugshot, as she’s so fond of calling it, into something cute and kitschy, between taglines and coasters.  I think that’s tacky, and it strikes me that she doesn’t seem to treat incarceration with the gravitas it deserves.  

I just tend to find weakness non-endearing.  Vulnerability can be extremely endearing, and I’ve always tried to find that in Tinsley, but each and every time, it comes up as weakness.  She is 45 damned years old.  Which other woman on any of the franchises has acted in this “poor me” style that Tinsley has?  I can’t really think of one.  Stephanie Holman on RH of Dallas, who is in her thirties, cries a lot and sometimes appears weak, but she has twenty times the backbone that Tinsley does.  I just don’t get why I should be rooting for someone like this.  She doesn’t read as a sympathetic character, she reads as a pathetic character to me, or a tragic character, like Blanche DuBois from A Streetcar Named Desire.  

What I also don’t love is that I think Tinsley gets a lot of sympathy for her appearance.  She looks frail, therefore she is given more deference IMO.  If Tinsley were 200 lbs and she wore coochie cutters with spiked heels and wore her hair in an Afro, I’m not sure the viewing audience would be so protective over her.  I find her looks jarring at this point.  When I looked at that picture someone posted up thread of the ring—which was beautiful—I couldn’t believe how thin her nose was.  I just didn’t want to look at her face.  This is veering heavily into Michael Jackson territory and body dysmorphic disorder.  Again, get mental health assistance.  Reality TV is not a substitute for serious therapy, despite what Andy Cohen may try to get these women to believe.  

I try not to write too much about Tinsley, because she gives the appearance of being so soft that it’s hard to pinpoint her dark, unwell underbelly, and that was why I was so, so glad she left the show.  I was so relieved I wouldn’t have to keep watching something insidious and stunted that was masquerading as sweetness and manners and light.  I was really not thrilled when I saw that she was returning for the reunion.

In fact, when Tinsley left the show, I was more relieved in some ways than when I heard Bethenny was leaving the show.  Bethenny is like Ramona, Sonja and Lu in that she can hang.  She is utterly dreadful, but she’s a tough bitch and she didn’t get kid glove treatment.  I’m not sure anyone pitied Bethenny, at least not toward the end.  And even though Bethenny didn’t have Dale as a mother, she was supposedly “raised by wolves” with a stepfather who came on the show and admitted he dragged Bethenny’s mom across the house by the hair in front of Bethenny when she was a little girl.  But “raised by wolves” is used as a punchline, whereas “Dale” is used as this panacea to explain all of Tinsley’s pathologies.  Bethenny is only a handful of years older than Tinsley.  I don’t get the double standard.  

For the record, I think they’re both horrible, in completely different ways.  

And I know that the counterpoint is that Bethenny went out of her way to hurt people, whereas Tinsley kind of just shows up and doesn’t harm anyone.  But I just don’t respect the way Tinsley lives her life.  I don’t think she is a good example to other people, adults or children.  If I bought into Bethenny’s mentality that some women represent all women, which I don’t, I would agree that Tinsely sets women back 100 years.  I happen to think we’re all individuals, and nothing Tinsley or Bethenny or Dorinda says or does has any bearing on me as a woman.  At the same time, I just want her to go to Chicago and live her best life and be off the show.  And, for the record, as always, I hope I’m wrong and Tinsley and Scott get hitched and live happily ever after off the fat of the land.  Tinsley’s gain isn’t my loss.  

I do think Tinsley has made pretty significant strides between the time she left the show and the reunion, and I gave her credit for that upthread.  I am happy to see that.  But when I read an article like the one posted, I get a bee in my bonnet and I get extremely exasperated about Tinsley all over again and then I have to write about it.  In short, I just feel like she’s nobody’s victim, and I find it surprising that so many buy what she is selling hook, line and sinker.  But there are only two more reunion installations left, and then we can officially bid her adieu, so I’m not going to get too twisted up about it.  I just dislike her.  I hope that she learns how to be a strong person, for her own sake, and for the sake of any children she may have, but if she doesn’t, I’m sure the world will keep on turning.  

I just don’t think “helpless” is a cute look in 2020, for an adult woman or a man, and I’m glad the four year narrative of poor little rich girl is finally going bye-bye.  It’s about three and a half years overdo, but who’s counting?  

In response to the dale raising Tinsly part and did she not go away to school was she raised in isolation ... what you experience in childhood follows you through your whole life... you don’t need to be raised in isolation for your parent to have a devastating impact on your self worth and psyche ... I just wanna put that out there.. be careful how you raise and  what you do to your child because it CAN and DOES manifest itself through that child’s life whether they realize it or not... 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 9

^^^

I completely agree that childhood issues can continue to plague us for the rest of our lives as adults.  I had a “normal” upbringing and I still carry a lot of shit from my childhood, some of which is conscious, some of which probably hasn’t even risen to consciousness yet...but I’m not on reality TV.  I have been to therapy on and off since I was a teen, because I knew that, regardless of the root of my problem, it was still my problem.  

I’m just saying that if Tinsley is this affected by her nightmare mom, perhaps the best place to work through her issues is not on reality TV.  Because that outburst at the circus?  Was ugly.  And Tinsley had 25 years of adult life to sort through those issues and she chose not to—instead, she paraded them for our consumption, so of course I’m going to evaluate and judge them.  

I say this about anyone who is damaged on reality TV—whether they are experiencing acute trauma or chronic trauma—what the hell are you doing on reality TV?  Especially someone like Tinsley, who is so much more fortunate financially than 99.999% of the population—why didn’t she get out of jail and go to a healing spa for as long as it took to (re)gain her equilibrium?  Why did she move to New York City immediately, while her trust was still frozen, because her mom was so worried about her, so she had to shack up with Sonja?  I think that’s poor planning of the highest order.  

We can’t choose our parents, we can’t choose what happened to us in childhood, and I have the ultimate sympathy for that.  But we can choose how we’re going to deal with it, and I think Tinsley made a series of very unfortunate decisions in response to having Dale as a mom.

Just the fact that Dale was such an intrinsic part of Tinsley’s storyline for seasons and Tinsley literally let Dale dictate to her on camera how to act (such as when a pizza arrived at the table, Dale said to Tinsley “eat pizza” and when Tinsley was having a meltdown at the circus about how miserable she was, and she let the F word slip, Dale chastised Tinsley about saying “fuck” and ignored everything else that was going on) means that she is feeding into the problem rather than creating healthy, adult boundaries.  I simply don’t buy the idea that Tinsley has been in some sort of trance and under her mother’s spell for her whole adult life.  She married Topper at 18 against her parents’ wishes. She obviously has some agency.  She just chooses not to exercise it most of the time, and I reject that behavior as destructive and it causes me to have an almost total loss of respect.  

• Love 3
Just now, LibertarianSlut said:

^^^

I completely agree that childhood issues can continue to plague us for the rest of our lives as adults.  I had a “normal” upbringing and I still carry a lot of shit from my childhood, some of which is conscious, some of which probably hasn’t even risen to consciousness yet...but I’m not on reality TV.  I have been to therapy on and off since I was a teen, because I knew that, regardless of the root of my problem, it was still my problem.  

I’m just saying that if Tinsley is this affected by her nightmare mom, perhaps the best place to work through her issues is not on reality TV.  Because that outburst at the circus?  Was ugly.  And Tinsley had 25 years of adult life to sort through those issues and she chose not to—instead, she paraded them for our consumption, so of course I’m going to evaluate and judge them.  

I say this about anyone who is damaged on reality TV—whether they are experiencing acute trauma or chronic trauma—what the hell are you doing on reality TV?  Especially someone like Tinsley, who is so much more fortunate financially than 99.999% of the population—why didn’t she get out of jail and go to a healing spa for as long as it took to (re)gain her equilibrium?  Why did she move to New York City immediately, while her trust was still frozen, because her mom was so worried about her, so she had to shack up with Sonja?  I think that’s poor planning of the highest order.  

We can’t choose our parents, we can’t choose what happened to us in childhood, and I have the ultimate sympathy for that.  But we can choose how we’re going to deal with it, and I think Tinsley made a series of very unfortunate decisions in response to having Dale as a mom.

Just the fact that Dale was such an intrinsic part of Tinsley’s storyline for seasons and Tinsley literally let Dale dictate to her on camera how to act (such as when a pizza arrived at the table, Dale said to Tinsley “eat pizza” and when Tinsley was having a meltdown at the circus about how miserable she was, and she let the F word slip, Dale chastised Tinsley about saying “fuck” and ignored everything else that was going on) means that she is feeding into the problem rather than creating healthy, adult boundaries.  I simply don’t buy the idea that Tinsley has been in some sort of trance and under her mother’s spell for her whole adult life.  She married Topper at 18 against her parents’ wishes. She obviously has some agency.  She just chooses not to exercise it most of the time, and I reject that behavior as destructive and it causes me to have an almost total loss of respect.  

Can’t we say the same thing about Dorinda or Sonja or Ramona? They need therapy a lot more then they do reality tv but let’s be honest reality tv wouldn’t exist without broken people. 

• Love 8