Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: The Truth Hurts

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Hearing Ari talk about the loss of Bini's dreadlocks and muscles makes me think that this sad bitch was looking for some 'Mandingo' (Google it) fantasy.  She wanted a big Black 'buck' and she jumped on the first one that looked at her twice.  But when Bini cut his hair and stopped working out, he was just a regular Black guy and that's not what Ari wants.

I agree 100% with this assessment. Ari loves the "exotic". Her first husband was from Argentina (tango! gauchos! escaped Nazis!). She loved shocking the normies back in New Jersey. And now she has to live with the consequences of her choices and she is off the rails. Cry me a river, Ari. 

I also think that is a big part of Michael's attraction for the repellent Angie. She was practically grabbing his dick at the airport on her first visit. She had him in her phone as "My Sexy Nigerian" (!!! Mike is a pleasant looking fellow but far from the red zone in the Sexy-O-Meter) I'm expecting her to tell him to bust up a chifforobe. She's made it abundantly clear that she will control his every action once she gets him to the US. Its really gross. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Sumit's parents not acceptance of Jenny is likely 98% her age. I am sure they would prefer he be with an Indian woman, however if Jenny were young and attractive they would likely come around. 

I agree.  It's a big age difference, and they want Sumit to have kids.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Sumit's parents not acceptance of Jenny is likely 98% her age. I am sure they would prefer he be with an Indian woman, however if Jenny were young and attractive they would likely come around. 

and capable of totin' a baby! 

sorry, posted this before I read a similar comment above. Sumit's father actually said something about Jenny crushing their dream of having grandchildren. They're going to have to pin all their hopes on his younger brother. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Hearing Ari talk about the loss of Bini's dreadlocks and muscles makes me think that this sad bitch was looking for some 'Mandingo' (Google it) fantasy.  She wanted a big Black 'buck' and she jumped on the first one that looked at her twice.  But when Bini cut his hair and stopped working out, he was just a regular Black guy and that's not what Ari wants.

This happens a lot.  My family is from the Caribbean and you can spot the women who are looking for dick at the airport.  And the guys know it too.  I've seen guys play these chicks like they were Michael Jordan in the finals. 

Ari and Bini's problem is that neither of them had the sense to realize that getting pregnant meant that they were stuck with each other for life.   Bini seems like a nice enough fellow, but he's not the sharpest butt-drummer in town.  He's finally figuring out that Ari is a very unpleasant person who doesn't give a shit about him. 

I have no doubt that Ari's mother has already booked her daughter's flight home.  On the other hand, Bini's sisters don't look like they're going to give up THIS baby without a fight.  I don't know what the laws are in regards to taking an Ethiopian child out of the country without the father's consent but it would be very interesting if Bini's family decided to lawyer up to hang on to the baby.

Love this post.  You're totally right about women looking for d**k in the Caribbean, plenty look for d**k on cruises too. 

Ari had a fantasy and Bini fulfilled that fantasy.  Everything would have been fine had she not gotten pregnant, then it became real. 

BTW, I love your username, I think Mighty Sparrow was the one who sang "Wanted Dead or Alive," back in the day.

I don't think Sumit's parents cared that Jenny wasn't Indian, it did matter that she was older.  Sumit's parents had nothing to say about Jenny's race, it was her age.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7

I totally agree re: Ari and her wanting to be cool and wordly with her sexy Ethiopian boyfriend.   I think the pregnancy was a mistake, but now she's excited to be having a "boutique" baby.  She'll have the baby plastered all over social media from the very second it's born.

I don't buy any of their story. She's a "writer" correct?  For now I'm sure her parents are covering all costs, as they see her future as an influencer. 90 Days is a vehicle to introduce them as a couple. Afteward she'll be blasting their entire lives on Instagram and every other social media site.   The goal will be followers and making money that way. I'm sure she'll also create a blog about her life in Ethiopia.  

The only thing that confuses me was her horrifically ugly, mean behavior to Bini, she's just awful.  My only guess is that she forgot the overall plan for a moment, because of Bini no longer perfectly fitting the sexy Ethiopian image required for perfect social media pics.  I'm sure she'll have him growing back those dreads and working out once they're done filming.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Ariela and Bini:

I've done a bit of research, and the average monthly salary in Ethiopia is 8,900 ETB ($249.30 USD). 

Ethiopia's per capita income is $790.00 USD (per capita income is per year)

If Bini is making $500.00 USD (17,850 ETB)/month he's making twice the average salary; and he's having to work four jobs to do it.

Ariela: forever entitled; never grateful.

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
On 9/1/2020 at 2:58 PM, Neurochick said:

Steal their son away?  What is this, some "penny dreadful" novel where Sumit is Little Nell? 🤪

When Sumit was introduced, he said that he liked white women.  And that's who he's with now.  So he got what he wanted. 

Well, he ended up with a grey woman

• LOL 14
On 9/2/2020 at 4:43 PM, Neurochick said:

Yeah, stop having unprotected sex with American women wanting to go on an "adventure."😄

I’ll put it less delicately: Stop being someone’s fuck boy and USE a CONDOM, even if your partner swears that she’s on birth control.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

Ok now, that's a pet bowl, right? Where's the pet? Have we seen Brittany with a pet? Who's taking care of it while she is "visiting the baby" in Chicago? Does she not want it on camera, does it not want to be on camera? Are we being TLC punked again? 🤨

531437071_Capture(1).jpg.bd0ab665d0403f93cfe61ec32c623885.jpg

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Ariela and Bini:

I've done a bit of research, and the average monthly salary in Ethiopia is 8,900 ETB ($249.30 USD). 

Ethiopia's per capita income is $790.00 USD (per capita income is per year)

If Bini is making $500.00 USD (17,850 ETB)/month he's making twice the average salary; and he's having to work four jobs to do it.

Ariela: forever entitled; never grateful.

Great research.   And reinforces my belief the $1400 furnished apartment was targeted to foreign expats.   It also confirms Bini is trying.  4 or 5 jobs that total twice the average income.  Also means that he probably wouldn’t be around as much as princess A would like because working takes up time, and at least one of those jobs, the dancing, takes place at night and new mom Ari would be at home with the baby.  

As for not knowing anyone but him... what does she expect.  She moved to a country where she doesn’t speak the language.   She does know Bini’s sisters.  After the last American woman he had a baby with left him and took the baby with her, they are probably rightfully suspicious of Ari and concerned for Bini.  

• Love 10

There’s nothing wrong with wanting some sexy times on vacation, but WRAP IT UP and don’t try to turn your vacation fling into your spouse. 

For all of Ari’s freak out that Bini looks different, I don’t see it. Yes he cut his dreadlocks but he’s still fit and toned. Maybe not as cut as he was but he didn’t gain 30lbs or something?? What in the hell. 

I want to bring up another point about Summit’s parents- had Summit said a few years ago that he would remain single and care for the parents (while seeing Jenny) they may have not liked it, but there’s no disgrace in having a single son who’s caring for you (we know he has a younger brother to give them grandchildren); where Summit really fucked it up with his parents when he agreed to the match, got married and PUBLICLY embarrassed them in front of the world and the Internet with his lying and deceit. 

Going against cultural expectations is bad enough, but to have everyone in the community talking about what a liar your son is and being able to replay it on their phones and snicker about it when you’re out shopping and socializing an a whole nother kettle of fish. Summit will likely never get back in his parents good graces after his poor choices. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, gingerella said:

Wasn’t this supposed to air tonight? It was the only thing getting me through this damn heatwave and now, nada!

Last week was the mid season finale.   It will be back in a few weeks....not sure of the date.   

• Love 1
On 9/6/2020 at 5:11 PM, IvySpice said:

The Korea and Jordan plotlines are driving me nuts. You DON'T LIKE EACH OTHER. BREAK UP!!

Honestly, the beginning of a relationship should be the easy, fun part, if you have to work that hard from the start move on, it is not going to work.

• Love 13
On 9/4/2020 at 8:24 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

I agree 100% with this assessment. Ari loves the "exotic". Her first husband was from Argentina (tango! gauchos! escaped Nazis!). She loved shocking the normies back in New Jersey. And now she has to live with the consequences of her choices and she is off the rails. Cry me a river, Ari. 

I also think that is a big part of Michael's attraction for the repellent Angie. She was practically grabbing his dick at the airport on her first visit. She had him in her phone as "My Sexy Nigerian" (!!! Mike is a pleasant looking fellow but far from the red zone in the Sexy-O-Meter) I'm expecting her to tell him to bust up a chifforobe. She's made it abundantly clear that she will control his every action once she gets him to the US. Its really gross. 

DAMN!!!!

You just won the internet with that!!!!  I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything because it would have been all over my laptop screen.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

DAMN!!!!

You just won the internet with that!!!!  I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything because it would have been all over my laptop screen.

3 hours ago, IvySpice said:

Agreed! @Pepper Mostly, this is your finest work.

(Bowing, blowing kisses) Thank you, thank you! You are too kind! 

• Love 6

Ari wouldn't be so rude and nasty if she ever had to account for her actions but when you have rich, enabling parents you can say and do anything!

As for Bimi he's already danced this dance.  He certainly wasn't 'once stung, twice shy' now was he?

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

As for Bimi he's already danced this dance.  He certainly wasn't 'once stung, twice shy' now was he?

I agree. He’s done this once before and he should know better. 

But he’s the baby of the family who’s parents died when he was a child, ALL of the siblings stepped up and Cared for him, and then coddled him.

So many of these problems could be solved if people decided not to try to turn vacation sex into their co-parent. 

• Love 8

Ari does not appear to have ever had a real job, appears to have wealthy parents and what appears signs of past serious mental illness and self-harm. I know at least four people like this, their families have no expectations that they will ever be financially independent and have made their peace with it having the financial resources that it doesn't really matter.   

I suspect because of class and cultural differences Bimi does not understand or accept that large sums (to him) of money will magically just poof into existence if Ari can articulate a reasonable "need" for it like getting a US style apartment in Ethopia and the idea that the money is not accessible to Ari or him unless Ari wants a fancy apartment probably doesn't make any sense to him.

Edited by John M
  • Love 4
On 9/2/2020 at 11:19 AM, Boo Boo said:

I need a Daneille spinoff show.  I was fascinated by her levels of delusion, frumpiness and Asuelho-like stupidity.

Oh, you and me both. When I discovered Danielle, I actually purchased her seasons from YouTube and watched repeatedly. We saw a little more of her on What Now, when she drove multiple hours to meet "Neltson," who cruelly stood her up. I watched her Pillow Talk episode; that was painful because of her obvious self-consciousness. Either that or she actually thought she was famous and couldn't hide her pleasure. The inappropriate laughing at her own quips and sage advice given to the television couples was cringy. 

On 9/9/2020 at 1:15 AM, John M said:

I suspect because of class and cultural differences Bimi does not understand or accept that large sums (to him) of money will magically just poof into existence if Ari can articulate a reasonable "need" for it like getting a US style apartment in Ethopia and the idea that the money is not accessible to Ari or him unless Ari wants a fancy apartment probably doesn't make any sense to him.

This reminds me of Rebecca in the leather jacket and tattoos with Ziad, who told his friends at the basketball court "I'm livin' large now!" (paraphrased). I wonder if he's still living large. 

• LOL 3

So if Baby (ugh) makes around $500 USD per month, which is above average for Ethiopia, where does she think $1400/month will come from?  Oh that’s right, the bank of mom and dad.  
And Ari talking about how he looks so different...didn’t they face time or Skype?   

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 9/12/2020 at 8:21 AM, Meowwww said:

So if Baby (ugh) makes around $500 USD per month, which is above average for Ethiopia, where does she think $1400/month will come from?  Oh that’s right, the bank of mom and dad.  
And Ari talking about how he looks so different...didn’t they face time or Skype?   

I wonder why Ari doesn't just up and ask her parents to pay for an apartment for them?  Or to donate monthly toward one?

Ari's other whine is that she doesn't have anyone to talk to.  Bunyan has sisters who I expect could be very helpful to her if they agree to stay off religion until the baby is born.  She does have someone to talk to.

• Love 4

Summit's mom looks younger then Jenny.   Jenny looked a lot younger on her first trip to see summit with the her darker hair. This blonde is aging on her.

Summit's parents sound like Asuelo's parents....take care of me!

• Love 4

So relieved to read all of this.  I thought it was me.  I was always so mad watching this stupid show about these foolish, cruel, dense, childish, self-centered numbskulls.  
Tim does look unwell.  He is all one color.  Paste.  Melyza I want to reach thru the tv and punch her.  Ari same except slap seems more appropriate.  
I have to say out of all of them at least Jenny and sumit are kind to each other and clearly love each other.   Yes, the parents,  the lying, yes, who cares.  Their relationship is the apex of what is achievable on this show.  I’m rooting for them!

• LOL 1