Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: The Truth Hurts

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

That would be Stephen and Olga.  I posted before I saw your post.

I was glad to see them during the quarantine updates and that apparently they are doing quite well, because I loathed that selfish little prick during their season.  

Me too:  "I am going to take the baby EVERYWHERE!  Even to a bar with my friends!"  His friends kinda looked at him like, yeah...no.  H e threatened to take the baby away as Olga was nursing him.  Class act there.  

11 hours ago, TzuShih said:

Sorry to say, these couples do not have the wit and banter that makes me want to become a viewer. 

Be glad you missed Danielle's episode.  She brought the frump like no one else!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Dobian said:

I don't think her being white had anything to do with it.  People in other countries like India are more welcoming and open with their homes than people in this country.  In most neighborhoods in the big cities and American suburbs the home is your fortress and there is a symbolic "Stay off my lawn!" sign in front.  Neighborhoods have neighbors in name only, people keep to themselves mostly.  It's completely different in other countries, where they have actual communities.

That is true in the USA because neighborhoods are more transient today, but it depends on where you live.

My UO is Sumit is just as bad as Jenny.  He was the one who catfished her, pretending to be a white, Englishman.  That was the man Jenny fell for.  Sumit also said when he was introduced that he liked white women.  

Maybe if Jenny had been younger Sumit's parents wouldn't have minded.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Tango64 said:

Exactly right. I've become jaded about most of the people on this show because so much of the plotlines seem scripted and/or the people are idiots who get what they deserve from their actions. But I think Yazan could pay a very high price for Brittany's little game of "tease the Muslim man and his devout family." She thinks it's all fun because no matter how bad it gets she can call it quits and go home to America.

Yazan may be naive and driven too much by his lust for a trashy American woman, but he seems sincere at least in trying to make some kind of relationship with her. It is beyond cruel for Brittany to toy with him and lie to him about things that could put him in very real danger while she's back home shaking her booty for likes.

It's the only real drama on this show, but not in a good way. I really wonder what will happen to Yazan when the truth comes out. Or what has already happened to him.

Agreed.  She clearly doesn't care about Yazan at all and TLC should be ashamed for allowing her to pursue him when they know damned well that this could get him killed.  All to make a buck.  Disgusting.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, magemaud said:

I just think Jenny looked harmless to Sumit’s parents, annoying but no kind of a threat. This timid 55 year old woman couldn’t possibly be sexually interested in their 25 year old son, right? She wasn’t like Angela, Laura, Rebecca or Darcey who couldn’t keep theirs hands off the young guys even in front of their parents. They must have been very discrete. Then Jenny played the pity card after a few days that she really couldn’t afford to find other accommodations so they just let her stick around and become a gal-pal to Sumit’s mother. 

Sumit is 25?!  Is this a verified fact or part of his catfishing?  He looks a lot older than 25.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Sumit is 25?!  Is this a verified fact or part of his catfishing?  He looks a lot older than 25.

I think he met Jenny when he was 25. He's supposedly now 32 which I don't believe, either. He looks more like 37ish to me but still too young for our social security recipient Jenny.

I would like to smack the fucking smiles off delusional Brittney and Ari's faces. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

I think he met Jenny when he was 25. He's supposedly now 32 which I don't believe, either. He looks more like 37ish to me but still too young for our social security recipient Jenny.

I would like to smack the fucking smiles off delusional Brittney and Ari's faces. 

Amen to ALL.

I think Sumit knew that the sad sack Jenny was going to brag to her friends about how a 25 year old was interested in her!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Me too:  "I am going to take the baby EVERYWHERE!  Even to a bar with my friends!"  His friends kinda looked at him like, yeah...no.  H e threatened to take the baby away as Olga was nursing him.  Class act there.  

Be glad you missed Danielle's episode.  She brought the frump like no one else!

I need a Daneille spinoff show.  I was fascinated by her levels of delusion, frumpiness and Asuelho-like stupidity.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
54 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Yes, I based it on the TLC website listing him now as 32 and Jenny as 62, so in 2013 they were 7 years younger. But according to Sumit's father, her trip was in 2014, so then they were 26 and 56, respectively when they met in person. I agree he does look older than 32 now. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, steff13 said:

He's an average-looking guy, he has a job, a house, a cat, he clearly has options regarding women in the US.  Why is he still pursuing Debbie Downer? 

I think that in his eyes, Melyza is the hottest thing he could ever dream of attracting and American women pale in comparison. He admitted the fling with the co-worker was just to fulfill his sexual "needs" (which is pretty shitty, IMO) 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Kenny’s crying face gives Ari’s a run for its money. Those two are not pretty criers.

Darcey's right up there, too, and probably Stacey since they do everything alike. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, magemaud said:

And he also has some issue that requires an “emotional support cat” 

That's obviously Melyza's cat, and the "emotional support animal" aspect was so he could bring the cat in the airplane cabin.  Just my guess.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Yeah it’s not been mentioned why Summit can not move to the states. What job can you all take 3-4 months off and mooch off kind people while you boink there precious son in the attic.  
Her SS will probably be very little if she getting it at 62, not enough to live in CA  with no call centers here. .  . 
Was Ari living with her mom?  Because here in my part of CA you have to have proof you make 3 times the rent a month. You can’t rent anything but a room for 1400. Was she planning on working. No she did no thinking at all about anything. 
At this point the only people I can stomach are Kenny and Armando and Kenny is pushing it.  The cracks about the food and toilet and pushing to meet his parents turn me off.  WHAT doesn’t like guacamole?!   
I know two different people who have moved / retired in a arty small beautiful city in Mexico and are thrilled. Yes they aren’t gay but they aren’t pushy Americans either. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Missing word
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

DANG! The bitches are showing their true colors on this episode! Ariela is just plain evil with her beating down Bini with her threats to leave. She seems to enjoy it. And Mey-LEEZZZZZA  is half a step behind with her vindictive attitude towards Cheesedick. And Jenny...what a lying, conniving idiot. She completely took advantage of Sumit’s family’s hospitality and trust. Brittany is just a self-promoting straight-up lying fraud. Deavan is a judgmental flake/Debbie Downer who will never let Jihoon off the hook and  he will never be able to please her. 

I hope none of these relationships  work out (although Jenny and Sumit deserve each other..But I no longer feel any sympathy for either of them). Cheesedick should just take his kitty and go home, there is nothing there to pursue. Ariela WILL go home, I’m sure, but poor Bini will be heartbroken...maybe he will use protection next time or at least impregnate a local woman. Brittany has zero interest or inclination to convert to Islam so that relationship has no chance. Deavan will take her kids and flee back to Utah, leaving Jihoon and his parents devastated. Maybe Armando and Kenny will make it if they can eventually  relocate to Florida.

This show is nothing but bad choices thrown after poor life decisions...

• Love 12
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Yeah it’s not been mentioned why Summit can not move to the states. Whey job can you all take 3-4 months off and mooch off kind people while you boink there precious son in the attic.  
Her SS will probably be very little if she getting it at 62, not enough to live in CA  with no call centers here. .  . 

If Sumit has any kind of criminal record with regards to his catfishing activities, he can forget about moving to the US.

In the first episode, Jenny was told that drawing on her Social Security benefits at age 62 would result in a permanent 30% reduction in the monthly payment. But she decided to do it anyway because she's the queen of terrible life decisions.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, Neurochick said:

That is true in the USA because neighborhoods are more transient today, but it depends on where you live.

My UO is Sumit is just as bad as Jenny.  He was the one who catfished her, pretending to be a white, Englishman.  That was the man Jenny fell for.  Sumit also said when he was introduced that he liked white women.  

That's my unpopular opinion too. Jenny is loudly ridiculous but Sumit isn't a hero.  HE cheated on his wife and she probably lives with that stigma as a sacrifice for jenny and sumits "true love".  

He was the one who also disrespected his parents and their trust and hospitality by banging AARP jenny.  I maintain the parents knew but that doesn't meant it's not disrespectful. 

I don't hold the catfishing against sumit as much because Jenny should have known better.  What is a model from england doing on FB looking for a date?  And why isn't he looking for one in England?  I get that maybe jenny looks good for her age, but there is some next level arrogance to go along with a thirty something male underwear model having a thing for a woman in her fifties with no more than. Six thousand dollars to her name.  

At some point people who are this willfully guillable aren't sympathetic to me.  

9 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I doubt Jenny makes enough money to sponsor Sumit. Remember her trip to the financial advisor?

Maybe her daughter could cosign? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Yeah it’s not been mentioned why Summit can not move to the states. What job can you all take 3-4 months off and mooch off kind people while you boink there precious son in the attic.  
Was Ari living with her mom?  Because here in my part of CA you have to have proof you make 3 times the rent a month. You can’t rent anything but a room for 1400. Was she planning on working. No she did no thinking at all about anything. 
At this point the only people I can stomach are Kenny and Armando and Kenny is pushing it.  The cracks about the food and toilet and pushing to meet his parents turn me off.  WHAT doesn’t like guacamole?!   
I know two different people who have moved / retired in a arty small beautiful city in Mexico and are thrilled. Yes they aren’t gay but they aren’t pushy Americans either. 

I feel like ari lives in "parent subsidized" housing in the US because it looked like she walked downstairs to her dad's office.  

It didn't look like a house, but rather like an office with an apartment above it or next door.  

My theory is that her dad bought th building and she is living there and gets free rent and a paycheck for "working"

It's a Libby situation with classier and better educated people.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

That's my unpopular opinion too. Jenny is loudly ridiculous but Sumit isn't a hero.  HE cheated on his wife and she probably lives with that stigma as a sacrifice for jenny and sumits "true love".  

He was the one who also disrespected his parents and their trust and hospitality by banging AARP jenny.  I maintain the parents knew but that doesn't meant it's not disrespectful. 

I don't hold the catfishing against sumit as much because Jenny should have known better.  What is a model from england doing on FB looking for a date?  And why isn't he looking for one in England?  I get that maybe jenny looks good for her age, but there is some next level arrogance to go along with a thirty something male underwear model having a thing for a woman in her fifties with no more than. Six thousand dollars to her name.  

At some point people who are this willfully guillable aren't sympathetic to me.  

These levels of delusion amaze me.

I often get those FB requests of men with chiseled abs.   That are Drs. or pilots.  Then they send me a note.  "Hello my dear" or something that sounds like no hot guy would ever start off with.  I'm younger looking, a lot better looking than Jenny, as most people are.  But I see things for what they are.  How do people like Jenny and a lot of these 90 day Fiancers not see what they look like compared to the person that supposedly wants them who look like models, or just better looking?

In most cases, I think the physical attractiveness differential is due to the ugly one thinking their American status (green card carrot) = sexual power.  Was Summit unable to immigrate to America?  Didn't want to leave India?  Just cheaper for them to live their off Jenny's SS?

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I need a Daneille spinoff show.  I was fascinated by her levels of delusion, frumpiness and Asuelho-like stupidity.

I posted a long time ago that TLC needed to create a "Where's Mo?" show, where in order to stay in America and earn his green card, Mo had to hide from Danielle and every week we'd get to see her using her mad internet sleuthing skills to track him down.  I came up with the idea after seeing Danielle and her friend stalking him at his workplace and then tracking him down in Florida with her mountain of legal paperwork that she threw at him.  

-----

So, this was the big dramatic cliffhanger we "never saw coming" that TLC promoted?  

The only intriguing "dramatic" revelation I had was that Jenny is a sneaky shrew who frauded Sumbitch's family for four months.  No wonder they loathe her.  She played them for fools.  Of course, Sumbitch played Jenny for a fool when he was catfishing her, so maybe their "love connection" is actually just two con artists who stumbled across one another courtesy of the internet.  

Other than that, there was no content that is going to have me sitting on the edge of my seat in anticipation of the show's return in October.  

Unless we get to see Sumbitch's parents chase Jenny out of town with pitch forks and torches.  That I'd look forward to.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think "cosign" is the absolute correct term for this BECAUSE, if something were to happen to Jenny after they moved here,  her daughter would be responsible for the rest of the payments for the rest of his life! And with NO CHANCE of a trade-in!! lol

• Love 2

Ever since, I saw the title for this episode, I can't stopped thinking about the song with same title.  Truth Hurts by Lizzo.  Famous lyrics include, "Why men great til they got to be great?"  Here's a link for it if you're interested.  I'm comparing the themes. (Is that Byni in the hat?)

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, BravoAddict72 said:

If Jenny and Sumit are having such a hard time in India why doesn't he just move to the States with her? That way they wouldn't have to worry about his friends or family.

Interesting article about the waiting period for people from India to legally emigrate to the USA and get a green card.  Bottom line:  NO ONE just makes the decision to move here (legally), then packs up a week later and gets on a plane.

Kind of explains why our customer service and tech support companies are just hiring Indians to work there on the phones, rather than bringing them here.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I really think that, despite Sumit's assertion (said with the enthusiasm of a piece of furniture) that he and Jenny are "truly in love," I think he is just a slog who doesn't want to try very hard at anything and sees her as someone who will keep him company and give him sex.  But he's also conflicted because he really doesn't want to be disowned from his family, which is a true possibility in his culture. Not that I would blame them. What an odd situation for any parents- but especially seemingly very traditional Indian parents. I know someone from India whose parents never approved of his wife (they met organically and fell in love; his parents had wanted him to marry someone they had selected) and they will not visit his family or welcome his wife-and he has been married to her more than 30 years (and they have 2 children).  So these cultural expectations run very deep.

On top of that, I doubt Sumit has anything to bring to the table with regards to moving to America. He doesn't seem to have any sort of job skills (I know that many in the tech/engineering fields can come here either temporarily or permanently to work ) or money (nor does Jenny). Add to it the total lack of foresight and planning each of them has, and yeah - they will just remain stuck in their little sad apartment feeling persecuted for the rest of their days.

Ari acts like a very young person who knows nothing about the world. Which is probably what she is, emotionally. I don't have the dislike of her Mom that others do. She is seemingly the baby of the family, Mom and Dad are older and have protected and coddled her- including her wild hare of traveling all over the world without a care on their dime-  and her mother is understandably worried about her being basically alone in a very different country with her baby's birth imminent. Ari just can't think beyond ten minutes from now and without Mom there to hold her hand through everything, she is realizing she has no life skills AT ALL. I truly believe that she has some sort of stunted development going on. She is 30 and acts like she is 16.

Brittney is playing a very scary and stupid game. I want to wipe the perpetual smirk off her face when she gloats: "no one is gonna tell ME what to do?" Her smug little question when confronted about her (ridiculous) Instagram pictures (I'm paraphrasing) about "is snooping against Islam?" or some such just shows what a stupid twat she is. First of all, she obviously posts because she wants her pictures seen. Second of all, she has no regard for Yazan's culture or the serious implications of defying it. Her comment that "Yazan's parents want him to be a virgin so.... yeah, he's a virgin" (you could almost feel the wink) is just a flirtation with disaster and a callous disregard for his culture or his feelings.

Meyliza and cheesestick are so boring. She is so full of disdain it just oozes off of her. She has no interest in repairing their relationship and he is looking more and more the fool "trying" to win her back. He needs to go home and address his poor self-esteem for thinking that being horny is a reason to cheat on someone he regards as his true life partner, and for continually embarrassing himself by repeating the story to her, her father, her sister, her mother, and millions of TV viewers. It's excruciating.

Although I wish Kenny and Armando well, I am getting fatigued by the crying and repeating over and over of their trials of being accepted in Mexico. I do love that little dog, though.

• Love 18
On 9/1/2020 at 11:37 AM, Neurochick said:

I detest Ari.  She's going to wind up going back to the US and raising the child there.  Will she allow THEIR child to know their Ethiopian heritage?  I think not.  She'll hope her privilege will be enough for her child.

Spot on--she considers that baby her child, and Bini has nothing to say about it. She's shown herself to be as spiteful and mean spirited as any of the flakes in the Teen Mom franchise, who love to use their kids as clubs to beat their erstwhile partners with. She is the worst. 

On 9/1/2020 at 12:50 PM, DEL901 said:

And he isn’t like Jihoon.  He is hustling and juggling 5 jobs.   The Ethiopian economy probably isn’t robust and good jobs, if you aren’t connected, would be hard to find.  He seems to be trying, but Ari is bitching because, a) she doesn’t like the apartment he can afford, b) she doesn’t know anyone but him... how is this a new revelation  c) Religious differences (his sisters talking about an unbaptised baby going to hell...my mother also devoutly believed this). and d) having a fling and spending her life with him in a country that is what used to be called a Third World, aren’t the same thing.  

She has spent enough time in Ethiopia to have known all of these things in advance.   

She also perpetually whines "you don't know me". Um. You don't know him, either. Why are you the only one whose feelings matter? He has five jobs. He found not one, but two apartments. He's embraced her joining him and making a life in Ethiopia. And she has done nothing but bitch and complain since she landed. 

On 9/1/2020 at 4:40 PM, Dirtybubble said:

Unpopular opinion:  I find myself rolling my eyes every time I see Kenny or one of his daughters crying!  Good lawd, I hate to sound like some ole curmudgeon but grow a pair!  Life is very hard you kinda need a steel spine to get thru it. 

Come sit next to me. I am so over the sniveling and sobbing. The goddamn daughters always carry on like Kenny is either headed off to his execution or some remote location Easter Island or the Yukon Territory or Kamchatka, not a 2 hour flight away. The Sobbin' Sisters should buy stock in Kleenex.

• LOL 4
  • Love 20
7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The goddamn daughters always carry on like Kenny is either headed off to his execution or some remote location Easter Island or the Yukon Territory or Kamchatka, not a 2 hour flight away

Just because I have OCD . . . It's more than two hours by air (I didn't find any direct flights), and would also involve a couple of hours in a car to get from any nearby large airport.

Having said that, I totally agree that these "adult" children need to stop acting like their father is going off to war or dying of some dreadful disease.  They'll probably miss frequent dinners out (at his expense) and trips to Disney World (at his expense) rather than actually missing HIM.

• Love 16
On 9/1/2020 at 2:58 PM, Neurochick said:

Steal their son away?  What is this, some "penny dreadful" novel where Sumit is Little Nell? 🤪

When Sumit was introduced, he said that he liked white women.  And that's who he's with now.  So he got what he wanted. 

And Jenny is the best he could do?  The world is full of White women.  He could do better than Jenny.  His DAD could do better than Jenny.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

The only intriguing "dramatic" revelation I had was that Jenny is a sneaky shrew who frauded Sumbitch's family for four months.  No wonder they loathe her.  She played them for fools.  Of course, Sumbitch played Jenny for a fool when he was catfishing her, so maybe their "love connection" is actually just two con artists who stumbled across one another courtesy of the internet.  

I disagree.  If Jenny had been younger, they would have wanted her as a daughter-in-law.  His parents said their issue with her was her age.  And let's not forget that Sumit was the one catfishing Jenny, pretending to be a white Englishman.  

Don't get the Jenny hate, sorry, Sumit is just as guilty.

• Love 2
On 9/2/2020 at 11:16 AM, cinsays said:

Agreed.  She clearly doesn't care about Yazan at all and TLC should be ashamed for allowing her to pursue him when they know damned well that this could get him killed.  All to make a buck.  Disgusting.

I don't know whether the participants are all stupid or just not as devious as I think I would be.  I don't know why Brittany didn't say to Yazan something like this:  "My divorce has been finalized for a long time now, but I just got notification that my ex-husband needs me to sign some more papers so he can get married in (choose your exotic country, say Tibet, that might have different requirements from those in Jordan or the US), so I've got to go home for a few days and take care of that.  If I don't, he might find a way to back out of our divorce agreement."  Easy.  Unchallengable. 

Bonus thought:  Ariella's ugly cry-face is uglier than Darcey's.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 9/2/2020 at 1:12 PM, magemaud said:

Apparently this is the muscular, dreadlocked Bini that Ari couldn't resist: image.png.ccf3574849ee85f3fd54ea8611db167d.png

Well, clearly if he had maintained this look, everything would be hunky-dory and copacetic now.  Is that asking too much?  No wonder she is under so much stress and pressure!  What a bastard he's been!

• LOL 10
15 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I disagree.  If Jenny had been younger, they would have wanted her as a daughter-in-law.  His parents said their issue with her was her age.  And let's not forget that Sumit was the one catfishing Jenny, pretending to be a white Englishman.  

That's precisely why I said TWO con artists who found each other on the internet.

I'm not biased.  I despise them both equally.  😉

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I got sucked into this franchise hell due to the ads for the first season with Jenny and Sumit, because I was expecting something like the best exotic marigold hotel experience.   If Jenny had been a lot younger, they wouldn't have let her stay in their attic for 4 months, because at that point I am sure they wanted Sumit to settle for a nice Indian girl.  Also if Sumit was 25ish when Jenny arrived, Jenny would have needed to be no more than late 20's to get parental approval or at least a parental ok.  And  a Jenny that young would probably not have fallen for the Sumit catfish.  I am absolutely convinced that the 'love' ratio in this relationship is 90% or more on Jenny's end.  I see and hear nothing that makes me think Sumit is in love with her.  I don't think it is strong enough to cause him to go against his parents if it means he will have no relationship with them.   Also I am sick of hearing about she has to leave after 6 months and return to the US.  I can't find it now, but last season with her I found that she can leave India for 24 hours and then return for another 180 days but not more than 360 days total at a time.  In fact, the article mentioned the airport to fly to.  I think it does a big business with people  who are trying to stay longer than the 180 days allowed.  Frankly, I can't stand either of them, and I doubt that they would survive more than a few years together even if they married.  I think Jenny thrives on this forbidden love except I do think she is scared of his ex and her family and also of the parents.  Seems like Jenny has wasted nearly 8 years of her life.

I am not sure I am just grumpier this season due to COVID or because the couples seem rather awful this time around, but I am truly not finding anyone to root for.  I really like Armando, but Kenny has suddenly gotten on my last nerve.   I find myself just wanting to slap everyone. Or maybe I am just grumpy because I cannot do the live chat now.

Mostly I want to slap Brittany.  So now she is off to get divorce papers in Chicago.   Will she need to show the papers to marry in wherever she is? Oh, I think it is Jordan. --just had a senior moment--.  So she shows the papers and everyone realizes she has been pretending to be unmarried all the time she was there.  That is not going to go over much better than the picture of her butt.  I still think she is only on this show to increase her social media following.  I cannot see her wanting to live like a practicing Muslim wife.   He seems okay, but he needs to find someone who appreciates his culture and religion.   I wonder what reason he gave his parents for the cameras.   Did he make up a story like Armando did for his folks?

At least Brittany is pretending she wants to get married unlike Melyza who irritates me at least as much as Tim Cheesesticks.  I want to see more of the cat.  The only interesting episode that this couple will ever provide is the fight over the cat when Cheesie goes back home to momma.

Ari still reminds me mostly of Miss Piggy.  I erased this episode but I got the idea the apartment she was shown is not so much a long term rental but more like an airbnb.  Also if anyone is interested in cost of living in Ethiopia here is a link.  I think they could have found something cheaper near where he works--- maybe even a studio apartment.  I have no idea how he will ever make more money.   https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/addis-ababa?currency=USD

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Hearing Ari talk about the loss of Bini's dreadlocks and muscles makes me think that this sad bitch was looking for some 'Mandingo' (Google it) fantasy.  She wanted a big Black 'buck' and she jumped on the first one that looked at her twice.  But when Bini cut his hair and stopped working out, he was just a regular Black guy and that's not what Ari wants.

This happens a lot.  My family is from the Caribbean and you can spot the women who are looking for dick at the airport.  And the guys know it too.  I've seen guys play these chicks like they were Michael Jordan in the finals. 

Ari and Bini's problem is that neither of them had the sense to realize that getting pregnant meant that they were stuck with each other for life.   Bini seems like a nice enough fellow, but he's not the sharpest butt-drummer in town.  He's finally figuring out that Ari is a very unpleasant person who doesn't give a shit about him. 

I have no doubt that Ari's mother has already booked her daughter's flight home.  On the other hand, Bini's sisters don't look like they're going to give up THIS baby without a fight.  I don't know what the laws are in regards to taking an Ethiopian child out of the country without the father's consent but it would be very interesting if Bini's family decided to lawyer up to hang on to the baby.

• Love 15

In the coming attraction after the hiatus, Ari is shown with the baby in Ethiopia with both her parents looking on. I predict she returns to the US with the baby when they do, after they determine the conditions there are unlivable for their Princess and the Little Prince. (I forget, do we know the baby's gender?) 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

Hearing Ari talk about the loss of Bini's dreadlocks and muscles makes me think that this sad bitch was looking for some 'Mandingo' (Google it) fantasy.  She wanted a big Black 'buck' and she jumped on the first one that looked at her twice.  But when Bini cut his hair and stopped working out, he was just a regular Black guy and that's not what Ari wants.

This happens a lot.  My family is from the Caribbean and you can spot the women who are looking for dick at the airport.  And the guys know it too.  I've seen guys play these chicks like they were Michael Jordan in the finals. 

<snip>

THIS is exactly what I was thinking.  Biniyam "was" exotic.  Now he's just average.  She wanted to be able to brag to her (white) friends about her exotic Ethiopian baby daddy.  Now he could be anyone in New Jersey and she is disappointed that he ruined her fantasy.

• Love 7

I really, really hope that Bini is able to block Ari was taking their baby out of Ethiopia.  I think the "princess" needs to learn a little bit about life-especially that she is not the only one in the universe whose feelings and thoughts matter. I am so Team Bini (well, at least for now).

• Love 6

Sorry I’m late, I’m on vacation at the beach and it’s really nice...

My thoughts on The Other Way:

Jenny and Smitt: Man, I used to be on Jenny’s side, but not anymore. I’m so glad Sumit’s parents were able to give their side because it sure is a doozy!!!! Lost any respect I had for Jenny and Sumit but mostly Jenny. I had a friend like her at one time, she ended up marrying my husband after I found out and divorced him. Be careful who you invite into your home, not everyone is a friend...

The Boss Brittany and Yazan: Whenever they see the show, her lies will most certainly be discovered. I mean if they have TV over there it’s not really a secret anymore! As hard as she is on him, she has a lot of nerve with the lies she is keeping from him!

Cheesedick Tim and Melyza: I really don't like her ...... She is not in love with him !!!! She just wanted to see how far she could push him and happy she has something to hold over his head 😞

But...like Andrei on Happily Ever After, I think she may be hiding something. Could it be...

- Her personality.

- She hates the way he says Coe-lummm-bee-ahh.

- She prefers Swiss cheese over American.

- She saved 15% or more on her car insurance.

Personally, I think she‘s probably been f**king someone else this whole time and the fact that in the next episode she tells Tim that she “doesn’t think she has to tell him if she slept with someone else” is bullcrap. Especially because he did it only one time and never again, meanwhile she’s making him feel like he deserves to die over it. No wonder he has a support cat. Come home Tim, come to Raleigh. I’ll show you how a real woman treats a man.

Areoooolaaa and Biniyaaaam: I’ve heard many people online say that Ari is a brat. I think she sort of is, in that she got pregnant by a stranger in a strange land without any forethought about her future, she is spoiled and mommy took care of her, she had an "adventure" with some stranger and now reality is hitting, kind of like Brittany who (thank goodness) hasn't gotten knocked up but is doing stupid stuff that has dangerous ramifications.

• Love 5
On 9/2/2020 at 11:14 AM, Neurochick said:

Sumit's parents not acceptance of Jenny is likely 98% her age. I am sure they would prefer he be with an Indian woman, however if Jenny were young and attractive they would likely come around. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Meyliza and cheesestick are so boring. She is so full of disdain it just oozes off of her. She has no interest in repairing their relationship and he is looking more and more the fool "trying" to win her back. He needs to go home and address his poor self-esteem for thinking that being horny is a reason to cheat on someone he regards as his true life partner, and for continually embarrassing himself by repeating the story to her, her father, her sister, her mother, and millions of TV viewers. It's excruciating.

What he did, while not excusable, is likely hardly a big deal in Colombia, I know in many parts of the globe men (particularly countries with an abundance of attractive women) have wives, plus side girlfriends, plus on the side side chicks. Cheating one time, while long distance, not yet married, plus being forthright about it? Please. I dont mean to sound cynical, but many, many happily married men cheat on their wives regularly ( massage parlors, strip clubs, backpage, coworkers). Cheesetick doesnt seem the type, though. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

These levels of delusion amaze me.

I often get those FB requests of men with chiseled abs.   That are Drs. or pilots.  Then they send me a note.  "Hello my dear" or something that sounds like no hot guy would ever start off with.  I'm younger looking, a lot better looking than Jenny, as most people are.  But I see things for what they are.  How do people like Jenny and a lot of these 90 day Fiancers not see what they look like compared to the person that supposedly wants them who look like models, or just better looking?

In most cases, I think the physical attractiveness differential is due to the ugly one thinking their American status (green card carrot) = sexual power.  Was Summit unable to immigrate to America?  Didn't want to leave India?  Just cheaper for them to live their off Jenny's SS?

Are any of them named williams?  Did be offer to meet you at the "england airport?"

• LOL 11
5 hours ago, Kath94 said:

THIS is exactly what I was thinking.  Biniyam "was" exotic.  Now he's just average.  She wanted to be able to brag to her (white) friends about her exotic Ethiopian baby daddy.  Now he could be anyone in New Jersey and she is disappointed that he ruined her fantasy.

I think bini is cute.  I think his one sister with the hair pulled back is GORGEOUS.  

I think bini is a nice looking guy.  I think he has a nice face.  He's no idris elba but that's not a fair bar for mere mortals.

• Love 3
On 9/1/2020 at 10:42 PM, Mothra said:

Don't forget that Melyza herself has a Secret that she is reluctant to reveal to Tim.

Unless she has been hiding a penis this entire time, her "secret" is likely to be just as boring as Cheesedick's.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

In the coming attraction after the hiatus, Ari is shown with the baby in Ethiopia with both her parents looking on. I predict she returns to the US with the baby when they do, after they determine the conditions there are unlivable for their Princess and the Little Prince. (I forget, do we know the baby's gender?) 

You could be right, but I think she might hold out in Ethopia a little longer so she can get as much sympathy and attention as possible. 

Its a delicate balance.....if she waits too long her friends and family will move on with their lives and she won't be the center of the universe.  

• Love 4