Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: The Parent Trap

• Start Topic

Deavan's mum unleashes her fury; Sumit tells Jenny his parents are ready to meet; Kenny pressures Armando to announce their engagement to his family; Ari and Bini clash over religion; Brittany is scared to face Yazan's parents again.

Airs August 17, 2020.

Brittany and Yazam just keep digging themselves in deeper and deeper.   He tells his family her dad will probably arrive within a month.   He tells Brit the family has given them time.   She is probably assuming months and months.  And when the clock runs down, she will mention the lack of divorce.   And all hell will break loose.  

• Love 23

All that ado about Dracula/Drascilla for more drama. Everyone knows that Drascilla is a bit out of control. No real parenting, no boundaries, no rules, no anything. The fault is with Deaven and maybe a bit on Grandma. Jihoon is still a new father to her and Drascilla doesn't see him as much of anything. If you cannot control the kid (granted some kids will run anywhere with no adults around to supervise them), get a child leash. They can run but they can only get so far. Elecia had no real business blaming Jihoon as he was not fully at fault. Deaven maybe should have a sit down with herself and look at her own actions. You have a kid with and marry a man you don't even know, plus move to another country, you have a language barrier and cannot communicate. Unless both of you can work on yourselves, cut the loss and arrange for child support and visitation. They all like finger pointing and blaming everyone but themselves.

Bini, you have not made any changes to help out Ariela - she moves there and the only person she knows is you, the accommodation you have so far is not suitable for anyone, including a woman who is maybe 7 months along. There is no place for a baby. You don't seem to have any sort of meaningful job. Ari was probably uncomfortable while watching you dance with your ex. She has no idea if she is an ex, and not just a trained professional partner. She may have concerns that you will leave her with the kid and find other women. Wouldn't be surprising. And now you expect her to change religions for you, for some weird baptism ritual. That is a lot. You should have brought a translator for her so she can hear exactly what is going on. You may find yourself a free man again.

Brittany and Yazan - you're trying but you still have the major omission that you are still MARRIED and cannot marry Yazan. The nice uncle was kind to help out. I doubt that you will convert to Islam any time soon or if you do, just lip service til you fall out of lust with Yazan.

Sumit, what was that paint type glop you poured? How expensive is it to hire someone to paint a few walls in your house so it is done right. No, using a tree stick to stir the colour may not work well. The wall was blotchy, it needs a second coat, and some paint thinner/turpentine to get rid of the blotches on the baseboards.

Kenny and Armando - nice dinner with supportive family and friends but that is not the reality of Mexico. I understand Armando's fears. Kenny maybe thinks he's exaggerating. It is a different world. No, Armando's parents may not be happy for him that he has found his true self. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

• Love 15
28 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Sumit, what was that paint type glop you poured? How expensive is it to hire someone to paint a few walls in your house so it is done right. No, using a tree stick to stir the colour may not work well. The wall was blotchy, it needs a second coat, and some paint thinner/turpentine to get rid of the blotches on the baseboards.

Kenny and Armando - nice dinner with supportive family and friends but that is not the reality of Mexico. I understand Armando's fears. Kenny maybe thinks he's exaggerating. It is a different world. No, Armando's parents may not be happy for him that he has found his true self. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

1. Have you had a room professionally painted lately? It is shockingly expensive. I mean sure I don't know the labor market in India but I had my old condo repainted several years ago for sale and it was insane. If I didn't want it to look perfect for sale and not wanting to bother spending time painting a house I don't live in a color I didn't like there is no way I would have spent anywhere close to what it cost to have it painted. And yes, I got bids.

2. I live in a large liberal city that I grew up in, my wealthy father who isn't even particularly religious, after over a year after being married to another man who I have been with and lived with for years. He has come to every family function over that time and my father still refuses to acknowledge we are married. It's the same with the rest of his siblings and all of my nieces and nephews from his side of the family. As recently as a few months ago a legal document had to be rewritten after repeatedly reminding him that the wrong was on it (I hyphenated my last name with my husband's) and he repeatedly told me it didn't matter. (Yes! It matters! That's not my legal last name and hasn't been for over a year!)

My point is, it is far from rainbows and sunshines for gay couples in the US and let's not pretend it is even after our right to marry in the US was recognized, after Mexico BTW.

Edited by John M
  • Love 19
6 minutes ago, John M said:

1. Have you had a room professionally painted lately? It is shockingly expensive. I mean sure I don't know the labor market in India but I had my old condo repainted several years ago for sale and it was insane. If I didn't want it to look perfect for sale and not wanting to bother spending time painting a house I don't live in a color I didn't like there is no way I would have spent anywhere close to what it cost to have it painted. And yes, I got bids.

2. I live in a large liberal city that I grew up in, my wealthy father who isn't even particularly religious, after over a year after being married to another man who I have been with and lived with for years. He has come to every family function over that time and my father refuses to acknowledge we are married. It's the same with the rest of his siblings and all of my nieces and nephews from his side of the family. As recently as a few months ago a legal document had to be rewritten after repeatedly reminding him that the wrong was on it (I hyphenated my last name with my husband's) and he repeatedly told me it didn't matter. (Yes! It matters! That's not my legal last name and hasn't been for over a year!)

My point is, it is far from rainbows and sunshines for gay couples in the US and let's not pretend it is even after our right to marry in the US was recognized, after Mexico BTW.

My duplex condo is around 1200 sq ft. I expect to be looking at $3000+ for paint, maybe up to $5000 with ceilings and my skylight type window by my stairs. With a paint allergy, I wouldn't have much choice. Or find some friends who can paint who can do it a little cheaper.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Elecia had no real business blaming Jihoon as he was not fully at fault. Deaven maybe should have a sit down with herself

How are people giving Jihoon a pass on this? They aren’t blaming him for the crazy little feral running off. The story is, and no one is disputing it, Jihoon was the one chasing Dracula as she ran down the street, Deaven was screaming at Jihoon as always, and then Jihoon LOST HIS MIND and stopped running after the kid in the street and chose to TURN AROUND and bark at Deaven about being yelled at.

Now Deaven and her Mom are both shrews, but how anyone could blame anyone other than Jihoon for what Jihoon did (except maybe his Mom who raised him) is beyond me.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, John M said:

I live in a large liberal city that I grew up in, my wealthy father who isn't even particularly religious, after over a year after being married to another man who I have been with and lived with for years. He has come to every family function over that time and my father still refuses to acknowledge we are married. It's the same with the rest of his siblings and all of my nieces and nephews from his side of the family. As recently as a few months ago a legal document had to be rewritten after repeatedly reminding him that the wrong was on it (I hyphenated my last name with my husband's) and he repeatedly told me it didn't matter. (Yes! It matters! That's not my legal last name and hasn't been for over a year!)

I am sorry you have to deal with that.  To not recognize your name, YOUR legal name, is rude.

12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I agree.  Mexico is huge, obviously, and I am sure there are pockets of liberal thinkers, but you just don't know.  Kenny needs to slow his roll with annoucning they are engaged.  You have been out for many many years, and have luckily surrounded yourself with supportive people.  Armando had his sister suggest the devil was in him, or something like that, so again.....slow your roll.

12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Bini, you have not made any changes to help out Ariela - she moves there and the only person she knows is you, the accommodation you have so far is not suitable for anyone, including a woman who is maybe 7 months along. There is no place for a baby. You don't seem to have any sort of meaningful job. Ari was probably uncomfortable while watching you dance with your ex. She has no idea if she is an ex, and not just a trained professional partner. She may have concerns that you will leave her with the kid and find other women. Wouldn't be surprising. And now you expect her to change religions for you, for some weird baptism ritual.

Look, I wanna like Bini.  But he brings nothing to the table.  His dancing is subpar, he has no other skills that we have seen, and now here comes the baby and....shocker:  They did not discuss religion and the baby and how the baby would be raised.  I was super into getting both my kids baptized so I get it but then again my ex and I were of the same faith and it was not an issue.  We, oh I don't know.....talked about it while dating?

12 hours ago, Maybeitsme said:

Devan will always be a hateful unforgivening mesrible bish, no matter who she's with.

I really wanted to like her!!!  But between her and her awful mom.......poor Jihoon.  He may not be a prize catch at the county fair but he did NOT deserve that dressing down from Gramma.  Dracilla was shown to be feral a looooong time ago.

Per the leashing of Drusilla:  I am not pro or con, parents gotta do what they gotta do.  I will say that when my now 21 year old was 2, we went to a state park and I wished I had him on a leash.  I was convinced that he was going over the falls.  He was not a runner, he was curious!  But I must have lost a few pounds in sweat on that trip.  Blaming Jihoon is unfair.  And of course she did not accept the apology, no one ever does on this franchise!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 21
10 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

What exactly did Jihoon do? The little brat was kicking and screaming that she wanted to go down and when he put her down she took off. Even though they were yelling at her to stop she didn’t. I couldn’t believe it when Deavan said that Jihoon knows not to put her down. Maybe this wouldn’t be a problem if she spent more time parenting her child and less time on Instagram. 

I said it already. He was chasing the little girl who was running in the street. He stopped when Deaven yelled at him and yelled back instead of getting the girl. The Gramma had to grab the girl... that’s why she was so mad.

• Love 2

I would love to know if her Catholic mother baptized Ari in infancy. 

Either way Ari is christian: see: 

Maternal descent in Judaism:

The Code of Jewish Law clearly states that a child of a Jewish mother is Jewish, regardless of the father’s lineage (or whatever else may show up in a DNA test), while the child of a non-Jewish mother is not Jewish.1 Matrilineal descent has been a fundamental principle of Torah since the Jewish people came into existence.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Deavan and her mother are fools.  It's a pro level deflection to put fault on Jihoon when they won't address their own dysfunction - 5 year old in diapers with a pacifier.

What the hell is with Mother Deavan saying D-what's-her-name is 3?  She is 5 now (according to lots on online information that she was born in early to mid-2015); how long ago was this filmed? 

Edited by Quof
  • Useful 6
  • Love 8
56 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I would love to know if her Catholic mother baptized Ari in infancy. 

The Code of Jewish Law clearly states that a child of a Jewish mother is Jewish, regardless of the father’s lineage (or whatever else may show up in a DNA test), while the child of a non-Jewish mother is not Jewish.1 Matrilineal descent has been a fundamental principle of Torah since the Jewish people came into existence.

Agree about the baptism, however, Ari could have converted which would make her Jewish.   That said, I think she has just declared herself Jewish.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Agree about the baptism, however, Ari could have converted which would make her Jewish.   That said, I think she has just declared herself Jewish.  

Absolutely true. I always suspect producer shenanigans.  The drama is better if this friction plays out. 

I am starting to worry about Ari a little. She was slouched over half leaning like she could almost lay down when meeting with the Priest. The shawl was wrapped better in the streets than inside the church. She is an educated woman who was raised with manners. She seems a little.....slow.....for lack of a better word. I thought her posture, alertness and decorum were not polite, self aware or respectful. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, John M said:

2. I live in a large liberal city that I grew up in, my wealthy father who isn't even particularly religious, after over a year after being married to another man who I have been with and lived with for years. He has come to every family function over that time and my father still refuses to acknowledge we are married. It's the same with the rest of his siblings and all of my nieces and nephews from his side of the family. As recently as a few months ago a legal document had to be rewritten after repeatedly reminding him that the wrong was on it (I hyphenated my last name with my husband's) and he repeatedly told me it didn't matter. (Yes! It matters! That's not my legal last name and hasn't been for over a year!)

Thank you. The whole "goodness, Mexico is a primitive backwater where gay people will be stoned to death in the streets" story they are peddling is insulting. Mexico has cities, it has culture, it has fucking internet,  it has marriage equality. There are plenty of places that are gay friendly, and, as you point out, lots of places in the US where a gay couple would face disapproval, if not downright danger, for holding hands or showing affection in public. The issue is Armando's narrow minded, bigoted parents, not Mexico in general. 

The whole business with Ari is just a head scratcher. Yes, the matrilineal line is the determinant but its not the only way to be Jewish. If her parents decided to bring up their kids Jewish, then she's Jewish. If she was raised Catholic, she still has Jewish ancestry, through her father.   I'm guessing her family didn't pay much attention to religion at all and let the kids choose their own path. I'm further guessing that in Ari was in Israel she'd be Catholic. She seems to be contrarian by nature.   

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I knew someone who converted to Judaism and she said it was not as simple as "I want to be Jewish". From what I remember, she had to prove that she understood the faith and had a true desire to convert. I'm not sure Princess Ari's "I don't like the idea of hell" would've done it. 

I feel so sorry for Armando and the way Kenny keeps pushing him. His parents have just barely got the news that he was leaving and going to live with another man. Dropping the engagement on them should wait until they've had a little bit of time to get used to the idea of Armando and Kenny as a couple. If it's not producer shenanigans then it could be an issue with the wide gulf in their life experiences. Or maybe a bit of insecurity on Kenny's part? 

Deaven needs to pack up the feral Dracula and cutie Taeyang and  and go home with Elecia. Jihoon is far from perfect but he did not deserve the tirade he was subjected to.

I don't care about Brittany until the big revelation of her still being married comes out.

Still no Parents Sumit this week.  Very sad.  Will they lock "Romeo" away in his room so he can't return to Juliet-Jenny?!  

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The whole business with Ari is just a head scratcher. Yes, the matrilineal line is the determinant but its not the only way to be Jewish. If her parents decided to bring up their kids Jewish, then she's Jewish. If she was raised Catholic, she still has Jewish ancestry, through her father.   I'm guessing her family didn't pay much attention to religion at all and let the kids choose their own path. I'm further guessing that in Ari was in Israel she'd be Catholic. She seems to be contrarian by nature.   

It’s a bit more complicated than that in Judaism... it’s not as simple as being raised jewish if your mother isn’t jewish. I’m jewish, my kids are adopted, and though they are being raised jewish, they both had a bris, but they won’t be technically considered jewish until they’re older and accept the conversion. And even then, in some super strict sects, they might still not be considered jewish. 

although for what it’s worth, we really aren’t all that religious anyway, so no one we associate with really cares 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

My duplex condo is around 1200 sq ft. I expect to be looking at $3000+ for paint, maybe up to $5000 with ceilings and my skylight type window by my stairs. With a paint allergy, I wouldn't have much choice. Or find some friends who can paint who can do it a little cheaper.

We just repainted the entire inside of our house ourselves. Just the cost of the paint, primer and supplies was around $1000.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

would love to know if her Catholic mother baptized Ari in infancy. 

I'm guessing that either:

1. Mom converted to Judaism when they got married and Ari was raised Jewish

2. Her family isn't particularly religious and celebrated all the holidays but didn't attend synagogue regularaly or have any religious education,  that her jewishness is very casual. 

My husband is Jewish, I'm not. Our kids were not raised Jewish but my daughter feels an affinity for her ancestry and has visited Israel, but doesn't consider herself Jewish. 

• Love 2

I think the best thing the translator app ever helped translate was Jihoon saying he is new to being a Father. As much of a shlump as he is, you cannot throw a person into Fatherhood like that who has never even been around children. He hasn't even been around his OWN infant enough, nevermind a 3-5 year old monster-child! I have never seen Deavan make any sort of loving gesture towards him at all, I am thinking getting knocked up might have been the only time? And, Elicia, give the fucking translator a break and take a damn breath and hit the "send" button instead of trying to record a diatribe that doesn't come out right. Idiot.

In a month's time, Brittany will not be converting to Islam and having her Father arrive, or will be divorced. Why she's scamming this family is beyond me. She SHOULD be scared. 

I personally think Armando and Hannah should have waited until being able to come to Florida. It's really not THAT far from Mexico! Or how about if Kenny moved to California or Arizona and they moved up there? If Kenny could make the few day trip to drive, they could come visit Armando's family. Although I agree with others that maybe a different more gay-accepting city in Mexico might have been a better choice. 

I'm over watching Areola...she needs to just go home with Janice. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Deavan and her mother are fools.  It's a pro level deflection to put fault on Jihoon when they won't address their own dysfunction - 5 year old in diapers with a pacifier. 

Did we see Jihoon turn around to yell and stop pursuit? 

Jihoon is their new whipping boy to not look their own issues in the eye. Mother Deaven was cruel, even man child Jihoon doesn't deserve that. 

The fact that Deavan has not disciplined her own daughter has not occurred to her or her mother but as long as Jihoon is around they have someone to blame for all the bad things that happen.  That said, Jihoon was wailing and crying curbside so loudly that his mother came from some distance to see what was up, he stops the crying and tells his mother to go away because he is begging then it is back to wailing and crying, seemed like his crying was not quite real, like Darcey's tearless crying.

Kids run, they shouldn't but they do and it should be dealt with when it happens but all we see is Jihoon getting the blamed. Deavan should cut her loses and go home, nothing is going to change with Jihoon no matter how much they yell at him and Jihoon should just walk away because this is how life will be as long as they are together, he will always be to blame, for everything.

I am still hoping that they shook that dress full of sand out outside and threw it in the wash immediately and then gave that child a bath and hair washed before she got in bed.

Have they gone sightseeing at all? Surely there must be some tourist things to do except berate Jihoon.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

How much did the bank guy say Jenny would have left over every month? Less than $200? It wasn't much. Honestly, I thought forgoing the professional painter was a wise choice considering how tight their budget is. I actually didn't think it looked that bad. And, honestly, it looked like they had fun doing it. I'd much rather see them giggling over their accent wall than listen to Family Libby and their ignorance. 

25 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Have they gone sightseeing at all? Surely there must be some tourist things to do except berate Jihoon.

This topic has been addressed through Elicia's IG account. I wish we'd see more sightseeing. Screaming at Jihoon every hour doesn't count.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, FurBabyMama said:

It’s a bit more complicated than that in Judaism... it’s not as simple as being raised jewish if your mother isn’t jewish. I’m jewish, my kids are adopted, and though they are being raised jewish, they both had a bris, but they won’t be technically considered jewish until they’re older and accept the conversion. And even then, in some super strict sects, they might still not be considered jewish. 

although for what it’s worth, we really aren’t all that religious anyway, so no one we associate with really cares 

Thank you for that insight. I figured there was an extra layer. I used "raised Jewish" as shorthand. Still, there's a path to being Jewish if your mother isn't--you can convert as an adult, you can be raised Jewish by one or two Jewish parents and make the decision to accept the faith. Jewish culture and ethnicity is an extra layer too. I've heard people say "I'm Jewish and agnostic", referring to ancestry/culture. Kind of like being a cradle Catholic. 

Anyway, I agree with @poeticlicensed, Ari's family probably honored both traditions and weren't particularly religious or observant. People have all kinds of spiritual paths. Ari's "doubts" are just so much theater. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Thank you for that insight. I figured there was an extra layer. I used "raised Jewish" as shorthand. Still, there's a path to being Jewish if your mother isn't--you can convert as an adult, you can be raised Jewish by one or two Jewish parents and make the decision to accept the faith. Jewish culture and ethnicity is an extra layer too. I've heard people say "I'm Jewish and agnostic", referring to ancestry/culture. Kind of like being a cradle Catholic. 

Anyway, I agree with @poeticlicensed, Ari's family probably honored both traditions and weren't particularly religious or observant. People have all kinds of spiritual paths. Ari's "doubts" are just so much theater. 

Irish comedian Dara O'Briain has been quoted as saying “I’m staunchly atheist, I simply don’t believe in God. But I’m still Catholic, of course."  It's definitely a culture thing far more than actual religious belief, the description of being a "cultural Catholic" is widespread.

• Love 2

Devon's mom to Jihoon: If you kill Dracilla then I will kill you. What in the ever loving feek? Shut your piehole and go home! This woman is horrible and her daughter is a loser otherwise she wouldn't have chosen another loser like Jihoon. 

Why can't Kenny slow down and just enjoy being with Armando? Armando clearly loves Kenny so is Kenny so insecure that he thinks if he doesn't put a ring on it right away that he will lose Armando? The guy just came out to his old fashioned parents, they haven't even had time to digest what is going on yet Kenny keeps pushing and pushing Armando. He clearly is uncomfortable with telling his family right away. Everything in due time, Kenny. He's is acting childish and spoiled and I feel so sorry for Armando. Is gay marriage legal in Mexico? I have a bad feeling this is going to go downhill if Kenny doesn't back off and give Armando a chance to breathe. 

• Love 21
9 hours ago, SG11 said:

I said it already. He was chasing the little girl who was running in the street. He stopped when Deaven yelled at him and yelled back instead of getting the girl. The Gramma had to grab the girl... that’s why she was so mad.

Except they didn't show him actually do that. That is what they said he did. They have shown in the past that feral child has no discipline. In the first season they showed her Deavan said they could not go anywhere for more than 15-30 minutes or else Drucilla would have a tantrum and throw herself on the floor. When they showed her room there were drawings on the walls themselves in markers and crayons. I think lots of kids run towards the street at one time in their lives. I know mine did. Once. You discipline them once and they learn not to do it. This little girl is 5 years old and still wears diapers and drinks out of a baby bottle. Unless she has developmental delays there is no excuse for that. Deavan is a lazy parent who needs to start disciplining her child.

• Love 24
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Is gay marriage legal in Mexico? 

Yes, but others have pointed out that it's civil marriage. I'm not sure what that means. Does it mean they can't get married in a church? If so, that's the same as in a lot of places in the US. A church or certain officiant can refuse to marry gay people, or interracial couples, etc., on whatever backwards principles they claim. But it's different if it's something like "civil union" and not a marriage. That's what we dealt with in the 90s and early '00s under DOMA--we were allowed to have a domestic partnership/civil union, but not a marriage. It may seem like only a word, but words matter, and inequality is inequality even if only in name.

I suspect there is some sort of "church law" that doesn't recognize gay marriage, but the state does. Given the heavy influence of Catholicism in Mexico, my guess is that the marriage is legal but not sanctioned by the church. Same legal rights, fewer cultural rights.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Yes, but others have pointed out that it's civil marriage. I'm not sure what that means. Does it mean they can't get married in a church? If so, that's the same as in a lot of places in the US. A church or certain officiant can refuse to marry gay people, or interracial couples, etc., on whatever backwards principles they claim. But it's different if it's something like "civil union" and not a marriage. That's what we dealt with in the 90s and early '00s under DOMA--we were allowed to have a domestic partnership/civil union, but not a marriage. It may seem like only a word, but words matter, and inequality is inequality even if only in name.

I suspect there is some sort of "church law" that doesn't recognize gay marriage, but the state does. Given the heavy influence of Catholicism in Mexico, my guess is that the marriage is legal but not sanctioned by the church. Same legal rights, fewer cultural rights.

Yup you’re right. A civil marriage is a marriage- just like in the USA, but culturally Mexico places a lot more emphasis on religious marriage than most places in the USA. Again Mexico is a big diverse country and norms/attitudes vary, but same sex marriage is very much legal. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

In the first showing of the runaway Druscilla chase, someone went after her that had white writing on the back of their shirt.  Then when it was shown this time, the filming stopped before the t shirt person was in frame, and resumed further away.    I'm wondering if one of the crew ran after Druscilla first?    

They keep advertising that there are two more episodes of this, and then the mid-season break.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Deavan's  sour attitude combined with the step-mom from hell would be enough for me, if I was Jihoon, I'd run into the streets myself. Follow the feral child and never look back. Escape the repressive state of Deavan. The kicker was Elicia threatening  to murder Jihoon over a mistake. Jihoon  has zero experience looking after kids, especially one who is unruly, plus he has a limited command of the English language.  Give the guy a break. He apologised profusely. He cried like his heart was breaking. Jihoon has faults but he's trying and those tears were those of a guy who has been completely broken. 

What was up with Ari? She seemed semi-catatonic during most of the episode. A combo of culture shock and pregnancy woes.  If this works out between them, i'll be really shocked. As a girl who likes her comforts, I'm not gonna lie, being heavily pregnant in Ethopia would be a rough time. 

Armando's face speaks volumes. Kenny is stunningly unaware how dangerous their life could be in Mexico. Last year was particularly bad in terms of violence against the LGBT+  community. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-lgbt-murders-trfn/mexico-sees-deadliest-year-for-lgbt-people-in-five-years-idUSKBN22R37Y

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

My goodness. With all the hullabaloo from Deavan and her mother, I thought the little Chucky doll had run into the street and gotten creamed by a taxi like Kermit in The Muppets Take Manhattan. 

Mother Jihoon came out because she heard her son crying. She looks to be completely over it and can’t wait until these broke ass Americans get out of her face. 

And of course with Deavan, it’s always some sad tale of woe is me, it’s someone else’s fault, you guys just didn’t see what he did to me, I work so hard, I’d have this and that if it wasn’t for that person over there. STFU and take responsibility for the mess you’ve made of your own life. If you work so hard and you make so much money (while living with your parents) then make something of yourself and provide some stability for the children you chose to create.

Devan likes to talk out of both sides of her mouth.  

Apparently the story is that she had an amazing job in the US that jihoon forced her to give up.  

But on the other hand she lives with her parents and only has enough money for an Airbnb for a month and she says that she needs jihoons help.

Why?  Didn't elicia go on about how she cares for the kids all day?  And elicia is another one, she talks a big game about how she cares for the kids and she doesn't want Devan to stay, but she seems excited to hand off responsibility to someone else.  

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

Deavan's  sour attitude combined with the step-mom from hell would be enough for me, if I was Jihoon, I'd run into the streets myself. Follow the feral child and never look back. Escape the repressive state of Deavan. The kicker was Elicia threatening  to murder Jihoon over a mistake. Jihoon  has zero experience looking after kids, especially one who is unruly, plus he has a limited command of the English language.  Give the guy a break. He apologised profusely. He cried like his heart was breaking. Jihoon has faults but he's trying and those tears were those of a guy who has been completely broken. 

What was up with Ari? She seemed semi-catatonic during most of the episode. A combo of culture shock and pregnancy woes.  If this works out between them, i'll be really shocked. As a girl who likes her comforts, I'm not gonna lie, being heavily pregnant in Ethopia would be a rough time. 

Armando's face speaks volumes. Kenny is stunningly unaware how dangerous their life could be in Mexico. Last year was particularly bad in terms of violence against the LGBT+  community. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-lgbt-murders-trfn/mexico-sees-deadliest-year-for-lgbt-people-in-five-years-idUSKBN22R37Y

The scene with Armando and Kenny made me so sad.  Happiness is so rare in the world, why can't some people just let other people be happy?  

Even if you have your personal beliefs, where is it written that you need to express them ALL THE TIME and in the meanest way possible.  Why live a life with the mission of making others miserable?  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Brittany's storyline is 100% fabricated for the show? To the point that I have a hard time watching them, because it seems so fake. And Brittany from day 1 came off as a huge fame-seeker. No one is this stupid. 

I think Brittney has manufactured a storyline.  But I don't think yazan is in on it at all.  The pleas to his parents, his earnestness, his anger all seem genuine to me.  

If true, that makes Brittney an asshole an asshole for stringing yazan along when she knows there will be long term consequences for him with his family.  

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Brittany's storyline is 100% fabricated for the show? To the point that I have a hard time watching them, because it seems so fake. And Brittany from day 1 came off as a huge fame-seeker. No one is this stupid. 

I think on Brittany’s end it’s fabricated- she has no intention of marrying Yazan. But I think Yazan and his parents assumed she was coming to marry him. 

• Love 14

I think on Brittany’s end it’s fabricated- she has no intention of marrying Yazan. But I think Yazan and his parents assumed she was coming to marry him. 

Being a catfish in a country where people have been lit on fire for dishonoring a family is not so smart. None of these people seem to do even the most basic research on the culture or religion they're stepping into. If Yazan and his parents aren't in on the lie, this could end badly for Brittany. Yazan actually seems like a really nice person too.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Being a catfish in a country where people have been lit on fire for dishonoring a family is not so smart. None of these people seem to do even the most basic research on the culture or religion they're stepping into. If Yazan and his parents aren't in on the lie, this could end badly for Brittany. Yazan actually seems like a really nice person too.

I agree. If Yazan was in on this thing and just wanted some reality tv time, I don’t think Yazan would’ve involved his parents. The longer this goes on I think Brittany is a damn fool. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

I'm starting to lose my love of this show.  The way Deavon and Elicia are treating Jihoon is abusive.  I agree that he's lied about his financial situation and is basically immature for his age but Deavon/Elicia are trying to force him to be someone that he isn't.  He isn't breadwinner or responsible parent material and no amount of chastising or berating is going to change that.  I feel awful for him actually.

In all fairness Jihoon continues to grossly misrepresent his ability to provide her a large western style apartment to be a stay-at-home mom in South Korea, it's impossible and he knows it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Adeejay said:

What exactly did Jihoon do? The little brat was kicking and screaming that she wanted to go down and when he put her down she took off. Even though they were yelling at her to stop she didn’t. I couldn’t believe it when Deavan said that Jihoon knows not to put her down. Maybe this wouldn’t be a problem if she spent more time parenting her child and less time on Instagram. 

Remember when Drascilla was sitting on the counter and put her entire hand in food that everyone was supposed to eat? Jihoon very nicely to Deavan that her daughter needs to be taught manners and Deavan said "she says please and thank you." That child has not been taught boundaries. 

• Love 18