Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: The Parent Trap

• Start Topic

On 8/18/2020 at 8:08 PM, MrBuhBye said:

What grandmother dresses like that and calls people dude?

I don' care what she wears as much as I detest the expression "Dude". That word is used so frequently, I had students slip up and say it to me (they knew I didn't like the word). The fact that it is such a common word in their venacular, that they aren't able to censor themselves has me feeling like "Dude" is here to stay.

• Love 3
On 8/18/2020 at 8:19 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

She can dress any way she wants.  She may be a horrible person, but this (and I will apologize if I am wrong) s  Not a gramma, though.  I call male students "dude" "bro" all the time!!  

I do not care about clothing but I do take issue with the use of the word "dude". When 9 year old students cannot control their use of the phrase, "but, Dude..." When addressing any adult, there's clearly a need to point out when the address is acceptable. I was able to curb being addressed as dude when I stopped acknowledging the person using it. Hard when I have never been one to ignore any child.

• Love 3