Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Fight, Pray, Love

• Start Topic

Kenny wants Armando to answer an important question; Tim braces for a sit-down with Melyza's father; Yazan gives Brittany an ultimatum; joy turns into chaos as Deavan and Jihoon move into their new apartment.

Airs August 10, 2020.

It makes me sick that after Kenny and Armando became engaged, the young women waiting to congratulate the couple shot what appeared to be plastic glitter/confetti into the air.  They threw plastic garbage on the ground that will be washed into the ocean.   Not the best way to celebrate the happy occasion. Was it plastic? That’s what it looked like. 

Edited by Ms. Me
  • Love 7

Brittany and Yazan: the man's patience must be wearing thin. Brittany does not want to convert just yet, or even consider being Muslim. It is a major change to her life in terms of culture, religion, clothing, lifestyle. Giving her three days to change is not going to work. It'll send her to the airport. And she still has to admit her secret that she is currently still married so Yazan can't 'marriage' with her. Or hope that her husband dies within a couple of days to solve the problem.

Deaven and Jihoon: Jihoon the band-aid man puts another fancy bandage on the relationship by finding a better apartment. He's had like months to do so. But having a wife and kid so far away doesn't make it seem real. His mom has been ennabling him waaaay too much. Deaven giving him 30 days to clean up his act is again another band-aid. Jihoon needs to grow up and learn to take responsibility for his actions or non-actions. The parents don't want the grandchildren underfoot 24/7. Why would they? At almost 30 years old, Jihoon is still a child. Is he going to keep asking for 30 day extensions by finding another place? Did Drascilla run off down the street at the end?

Cheesestick and Melyza: I can't even call him Tim. Everyone in Colombia will soon know that he cheated on Melyza. They should have broken up and seen whether the Universe will bring them back together. It is an uphill battle to prove that you will never cheat again, you won't contribute to ripping a fingernail from Melyza, you will miss the half speck of dust in the corner, etc. It's too exhausting. Keep your crap to yourselves and if you still want to try to make it work, both of you need to deal with your 'stuff', and get some couples counselling to see if any relationship can go forward. Otherwise, you will be on the hook for the rest of your life. Your choice. Your bed to lie in.

Kenny and Armando: I hope it works out for these two. They at least seem real. It was sad to hear about Kenny's friends dying in the 80s and 90s. I was around for part of that and it was scary. So much was unknown about HIV and AIDS then. He and Armando have been together for a while, but maybe if Armando had another relationship before Kenny, I would be more optimistic. Seen more, done more. They do make a nice couple, though, and hope things work out.  They do have an excellent chance as both are mature and have some life experience. Very nice of Kenny's kids to come out and support their dad. I hope that the confetti or whatever was thrown was biodegradable.

• Love 10

It doesn’t appear that Kenny and Armando are on the same page. Kenny seems to be moving too fast for Armando’s comfort.

I can’t believe that Brittney sat there with a straight face and said that she didn’t know that in order for them to get married, she had to convert to Islam. From the very first episode, she made it perfectly clear that she wasn’t going to be pressured into converting. Hence why she was followed to Jordan by a camera crew.

• Love 19
29 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

It doesn’t appear that Kenny and Armando are on the same page. Kenny seems to be moving too fast for Armando’s comfort.

I can’t believe that Brittney sat there with a straight face and said that she didn’t know that in order for them to get married, she had to convert to Islam. From the very first episode, she made it perfectly clear that she wasn’t going to be pressured into converting. Hence why she was followed to Jordan by a camera crew.

Yes, he was telling her from the get-go that he expected her to convert, but she would not entertain the discussion and kept changing the subject. Then she proceeded to travel to Jordan, looking for all the world like someone who felt that whole idea could be swept under the rug. I don't for a minute believe she was blindsided by his wish for her to convert. She also, like so many others, switches mid-stream from "I'm going there to marry this person" to "I'm just exploring this relationship to see if it will work out."

If Deavan was still happy about the new apartment while they were in the park, she should have notified her face. Could not have looked more apathetic.

It looks like Drascilla ran off at the end, and Jihoon gets the blame again because Deavan told him to take her inside, but when Drascilla started squirming and demanding to be put down, he did and she immediately ran off.

What a blow has been dealt to Jenny! Sumit's parents are coming to her apartment! Zounds!

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, Ms. Me said:

It makes me sick that after Kenny and Armando became engaged, the young women waiting to congratulate the couple shot what appeared to be plastic glitter/confetti into the air.  They threw plastic garbage on the ground that will be washed into the ocean.   Not the best way to celebrate the happy occasion. Was it plastic? That’s what it looked like. 

Yeah, and on the first two anniversaries of my husband's death I released a yellow balloon, because I didn't know then what it does to wildlife.  Then I stopped and now I buy yellow roses instead, which I'm sure cause their own problems (exploited third-world labor and all that).  I'm willing to cut them some slack, because the risks of these things are not even on most people's radar.  And we don't know that it's plastic.  Just sayin'. 

We bleeding-heart liberals do the best we can but we're not perfect.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 21
8 hours ago, Ms. Me said:

I thought it was just plain old paper which is biodegradable. Could be wrong.  I hope they were responsible.

5 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

What do you think happened when the girl ran .... to a street  where she  could have gotten run over?  Mother in law is raging. 

With one goth wanna be, a Karen, a man child, camera crew, producer and handlers someone is bound to catch the little terror. Seriously no one believes that the little vamp would have flown away. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 10

Kenny has only been gone a week and he is already paying for two of his kids to fly in. I suspect there won’t be a whole lot of missing each other in that family,

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

That proposal ❤️❤️❤️   

I wish TLC would give them their own wedding episode, but alas I know that won't happen.  

I believe I saw Deaven smile at least twice tonight.  I think (besides their wedding episode) that might be a record for her.  

Parenting failure.  Druscilla is an undisciplined mess of a kid.  This, Deaven, is why you don't let your small children do whatever the fuck they want.  They don't learn to not do things that could potentially harm them (like climbing all over counters and around a hot stove without a care in the world and no one instructing her otherwise). 

I don't blame Jihoon for putting her down.  She was yelling and kicking and using his head and neck like a football field.  She's, what, about 5 now?  Yes, she was excited about the new place and the playground, but at her age she's most assuredly old enough to understand what "stop" and "no" mean. 

When the world eventually climbs back on its axis, that monster's teacher has my sympathies, not only because Druscilla is an undisciplined beast, but because Deaven seems like the type of parenting failure who will make that teacher's life hell.  Ugh. 

Oh, and Deaven?  Lots of free time in the quarantine.  Instead of taking selfies that look absolutely nothing like you and posting on social media, you should have invested some time and effort into toilet training your kid.  I guess Jihoon will inherit that job.  

Brittany and Yazan 😴 They can't get married anyway since Brittany is already married, so the only place for this story arc to go is to crash and burn when she eventually has to tell Yazan and Family Yazan the truth.  I'm not even seeing the point to them being cast, but then again, this is TLC where sometimes "filler couples" are apparently needed.  

I saw Dough Boy Tim and his Red Face of Shame and Tears reappeared last night.  Another 😴.  I don't even notice his absence and when they do show him, it takes me a few seconds for my brain to compute who he is and why he is on my TV screen.  The best thing about him is his cat, and apparently the cat belongs to Melyza (?).  She's not going to forgive him, I don't necessarily blame her, and I wish he would go back to America, his house, and his job.  

I can't wait until next week to see sad sack Jenny find out that her (maybe some day) in-laws are coming to visit.  The flashbacks to their last "visit" had me rolling on the couch laughing.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20
10 hours ago, Ms. Me said:

I thought it was paper confetti.  

• Love 10
6 hours ago, renatae said:

It looks like Drascilla ran off at the end, and Jihoon gets the blame again because Deavan told him to take her inside, but when Drascilla started squirming and demanding to be put down, he did and she immediately ran off.

She may need a leash.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

And I see the 2020 Cheesestick Apology Tour continues unabated. Is anyone else getting a Hester Prynne vibe from this storyline?

Except the A is for Asshole.

2 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

Yeah, and on the first two anniversaries of my husband's death I released a yellow balloon, because I didn't know then what it does to wildlife.  Then I stopped and now I buy yellow roses instead, which I'm sure cause their own problems (exploited third-world labor and all that).  I'm willing to cut them some slack, because the risks of these things are not even on most people's radar.  And we don't know that it's plastic.  Just sayin'. 

We bleeding-heart liberals do the best we can but we're not perfect.  

Littering is super common in third world countries so confetti is de minimis.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I don’t pay close attention to some of the couples’ drama, but why did the cheese guy have to confess to the dad?  Is it yet another culture thing?  
Brittany’s gravelly voice and constant grin drives me up the wall.

Jahoon’s mother... the expression says it all, no need for translator app.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Why is Brittany all concerned that she only has two days to figure out Islam and convert or they cannot get married, she knows she cannot get married because she does not have the divorce papers and why isn't everyone asking to see them?

Jihoon's mother was thrilled and delighted to walk away from Deavan and that mess but does Deavan realize that without her in laws car, extra hands to care for her kids she is really stuck, stuck with manchild and in 30 days they will still not have enough money to rent another apartment.  The apartment issue confused me, they have rented the Airbnb till they can rent an apartment, why didn't she just rent an apartment in the first place?  She does know they do not have income or savings enough to actually buy a condo, right?

• Love 9

If Cheesestick didn't confess to her dad, he would have heard it later and been more insulted.  Why did Cheesestick confess at all in the first place.? It seemed to make no sense and accomplished absolutely nothing.  He thought, it would make him feel better, but, I don't think that worked out.  I really wonder if Melyza was ever into him. She seems to care less and I'm not so sure it's about the cheating.  NOW, she can use that excuse, but, it doesn't seem that she's feeling it.  This is a case that I really would not miss if it just disappeared.

Brittney....so boring. She doesn't really seem like a curious person.  She doesn't convince me that she's actually curious about learning his customs, religion, etc.  as it often ticks her off and she gets angry.  She strikes me as a huge liar. The kind that believes others can't see through ridiculous claims and should believe what they say JUST because they say it.  Oh, and the temper tantrums.  Why is Yazan into her?  I don't get it. 

Deaven just can't stop believing that Jihoon will get his act together.  Her mom tells him what he must do, like it's filling the car with fuel.  Just go do it.  Now, it's done. Problem solved. Well, emotional, mental and psychological development isn't that simple.  A person who is not equipped can't drive up to the maturity station and get a tank full of it.  I can't believe they are living in this fantasy land.  Deaven's mom and his parents should know better.  

Best wishes to Kenny and Amando.  There seems to be love....not sure why I wonder if all is as it seems.  Oh, that's just me being silly, I suppose. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why is Brittany all concerned that she only has two days to figure out Islam and convert or they cannot get married, she knows she cannot get married because she does not have the divorce papers and why isn't everyone asking to see them?

Jihoon's mother was thrilled and delighted to walk away from Deavan and that mess but does Deavan realize that without her in laws car, extra hands to care for her kids she is really stuck, stuck with manchild and in 30 days they will still not have enough money to rent another apartment.  The apartment issue confused me, they have rented the Airbnb till they can rent an apartment, why didn't she just rent an apartment in the first place?  She does know they do not have income or savings enough to actually buy a condo, right?

The story was that Jihoon was supposed to get them an apartment but he procrastinated so she rented the first place sight unseen for a month to give him time to find a permanent place. But then she moved to a hotel because she didn’t like the place she had rented.  He found this place for a month until they can find a permanent place. This place is likely too big and too nice for permanent rental and is probably an Air BnB that is not available for lengthy periods.  What I wonder is if he turned all of his money over to Deavan last episode how did he rent this apartment?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Jihoon makes me wonder.  Did you see the way he handled counting that currency last week?  Well...I used to count currency that way years ago when I worked in a bank.  Most people who don't count large sums of currency on a regular basis don't count it that way.  Just saying......what's up?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 6
  • Love 8

Brittany needs to just go home and stop wasting everyone's time including her own.  Maybe she can hookup with thirsty Tim.Does Deavan's mother understand that toddlers run off sometimes? Especially Drascila (sp) who seems to do whatever she wants.  Jihoon was carrying her and she demanded to be put down.  

Kenneth may need to pump the brakes a little.  He seems to be 2 miles ahead of Armando.  The other Tim will be apologizing for the rest of his life.  Melyza and her family don't seem like the forgiving type. 

• Love 6

Okay, I know this will be unpopular, but (big gulp), I am over Kenny's tears.  The farewell scenes between him and his children were those of someone going off to war who may never return.  Then, we find out from him that he has been in Mexico less than a week and had two of his children fly out to celebrate his engagement.  He hasn't even been gone from Florida for two weeks at this point.  Yet, the farewell indicated they would never see each other again.  Okay, I'm ready-throw those tomatoes at me....

However, I am happy at Kenny and Armando's engagement.  But, there is a bit of over dramatization going on.

Fast forwarded through Tim and his girlfriend.  He must feel that he has to tell everyone who exists in the world about his affair.  Confessing or bragging?  I'm not quite sure.

Don't care about Brittany, she has been deceptive about her intentions and marital status since the first episode.

Elicia needs to sit down.  Deaven chose Jihoon and not everything is Jihoon's fault (maybe most of it is...).  Agree with an above poster that it's not really Jihoon's fault that Druscilla ran off.  A basic concept of parenting is teaching and protecting children.  I do like the apartment where they ended up in this episode.

• Love 20

I wonder if the new apt that Jihoon arranged is very expensive and not at all something like they could actually afford long term.  I'm not familiar with the economy in S. Korea, but, in the US, it would be nearly impossible for a single person who has a low paying job to be able to afford a very upscale apartment, plus, utilities, phone, food, transportation, diapers,  etc. for a family of 4.  It doesn't sound likely at all.  Would Jihoon even make that much, let alone net it?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 6

I’m over Kenny’s tears also.  He needs to start learning some Espanol If he’s serious about The Move.  He should also do some cultural research ( or at least Listen to Armando and not take it personally and get hurt) as to how the country views same-sex couples.  Rooting for them, but he seems so naive in so many ways.....

• Love 18

@seacliffsal, I am with you on the farewell scene with Kenny’s kids. He’s not moving to the other side of the globe. Lots of people go to Mexico for fun times and you can too!  He’s a good cryer and the producers are milking it for everything.  I just pray that little dog makes it through the season because otherwise there will be waterworks beyond the likes of which we have ever seen.  (Is that a sentence?). Then they will probably get a puppy and the world will be right again.

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, Eme said:

I’m over Kenny’s tears also.  He needs to start learning some Espanol If he’s serious about The Move.  He should also do some cultural research ( or at least Listen to Armando and not take it personally and get hurt) as to how the country views same-sex couples.  Rooting for them, but he seems so naive in so many ways.....

Armando is also trying to salvage his relationship with his father.   Bringing his boyfriend home for a visit will challenge dad enough....bringing home a fiancé could be too much for dad all at once.  

• Love 10

I’m not even done watching the episode so here’s a general comment: why are the families all up in their business? These 90 Day’ers tell every little detail to their families, and then they wonder why their family members don’t like the people they are with. 

If I’m with someone, I frankly don’t need my parents’ approval. Sure it makes things easier but I’m a grown woman, I make my own choices. Maybe it’s because I act like a grown up and don’t depend on my family for financial help and housing. 

One particular comment: Kenny, slow your role. Your being selfish and not taking Armando’s situation into consideration. And he flies his daughters in (again, what’s with the family?). 

Ugh. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

I’m not even done watching the episode so here’s a general comment: why are the families all up in their business? These 90 Day’ers tell every little detail to their families, and then they wonder why their family members don’t like the people they are with. 

If I’m with someone, I frankly don’t need my parents’ approval. Sure it makes things easier but I’m a grown woman, I make my own choices. Maybe it’s because I act like a grown up and don’t depend on my family for financial help and housing. 

One particular comment: Kenny, slow your role. Your being selfish and not taking Armando’s situation into consideration. And he flies his daughters in (again, what’s with the family?). 

Ugh. 

Some people need a lot of cheerleaders.  Do you know what I mean by that?  I wonder if Kenny is one of them.  Amando seems like he's pretty self sufficient and may not be that dependent on external approval. I think he would like it from his immediate family, but,  he seems like a confident person to me. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8

Armando has plenty of reasons to want to take things slow, but I did ugly cry when he broke down during the proposal. Armando deserves a happy life because there’s so much sadness in that guy’s eyes. 😔  Kenny’s enthusiasm is good for him but I’m over his family. They all look like Instagram influencers.

I don’t believe the ‘covert to Islam’ discussion never came up beforehand. Brittany still hasn’t fessed up about still being married and that’s mega shitty to do that. Yazan completely and hopelessly in love with her. He’s like a puppy looking at a new chew toy. 

Cheesy’s  apology tour is pretty lame. The only person he needs to atone to is Melyza. The parents don’t need to know the details. My feeling is that Melyza is never gonna fully forgive him. She’s enjoying him squirm, cry and turn five shades of red.  Either forgive him or forget him. 

Deaven drains all the fun for the room, as does Elicia. I’m living for Jihoon’s Mom, who clearly gives zero fucks.  And that little demon spawn is a handful. I know Jihoon is a fuckup but I’m 100% more interested in him & his parents than the Goth family... oh yeah, the little baby friend is adorable and seems like a happy lil dude. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, Quof said:

FFS, baby Dracula's legs are 2 feet long. None of the adults could outrun her?  

And she is still in diapers? 

I have friends whose daughter was not completely potty trained until she was four and a half. She had no physical or intellectual delays. She' a senior at Boston College now and has suffered no deleterious effects. I'll roast Deavan from here to Antarctica for just about everything, but some kids take their time. 

Drazilla's little break for freedom is such a non event. Pushing the boundaries is what kids do. I'm sure someone caught her within 30 seconds. 

4 hours ago, Quof said:

Kenny has only been gone a week and he is already paying for two of his kids to fly in. I suspect there won’t be a whole lot of missing each other in that family,

Considering all the weeping and rending of garments that took place when he left, you'd think he was going to Easter Island or Baffin Land or someplace. The whole bunch of them make me tired. 

1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Okay, I know this will be unpopular, but (big gulp), I am over Kenny's tears.  The farewell scenes between him and his children were those of someone going off to war who may never return.  Then, we find out from him that he has been in Mexico less than a week and had two of his children fly out to celebrate his engagement.  He hasn't even been gone from Florida for two weeks at this point.  Yet, the farewell indicated they would never see each other again.  Okay, I'm ready-throw those tomatoes at me....

However, I am happy at Kenny and Armando's engagement.  But, there is a bit of over dramatization going on.

You come on over here and sit next to me. My god, I've never seen so many tears and sighs. Kenny's kids need to let him live his life. They are selfish and self absorbed. Remember the daughter with the kid? "Say goodbye to Papa! You won't see him for a long time!" Subtext abounds.  No more free child care. No more dropping in at dad's for a free meal. No more having dad around to help you move, lend you money, find you a plumber or a mechanic, let you borrow his car. They were just gobsmacked that he wanted to pursue his own dream. 

I do think Kenny and Armando are sweet together and I hope they can set some healthy boundaries with their families. 

• Love 20

I do believe converting to Islam did come up, but, that Brittany refused to hear it.  As in her mind, if she didn't want it to be so, then it wasn't happening. Recall how in the first episode, she described her conversations with Yazan and she said she would just change the subject and try not to dwell on things like that.  Also, knowing him, wouldn't a reasonable person realize this?  I don't find her credible. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

I don’t believe the ‘covert to Islam’ discussion never came up beforehand.Brittany still hasn’t fessed up about still being married and that’s mega shitty to do that. yazan completely and hopelessly in love with her. He’s like a puppy with a chew toy. 

Of course it came up!  And Brittany immediately changed the subject because she didn't want to talk about it.  "Your beard is so cute today!"  Remember?  Ugh!

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
38 minutes ago, outtahere said:

Perhaps TLC is renting the apartment for Deaven and Jihoon.

Yeah, because, if Deaven had gotten back on the plane with her kids and mother, that would have been it for filming...well, her and Jihoon that is.  I guess they may have wanted to save the season.  It is a very slow and lack luster season.  If not for Kenny and Armando.  I can't imagine what this would have been like. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, hookedontv said:

Maybe this is why they're looking for love overseas: They're too emotionally dependent to tell their parents to MYOB, so they want to let pure distance do the trick for them.

34 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If not for Kenny and Armando.  I can't imagine what this would have been like. 

This season would be 100% trainwrecks, instead of only 83.3%.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

You come on over here and sit next to me. My god, I've never seen so many tears and sighs. Kenny's kids need to let him live his life. They are selfish and self absorbed. Remember the daughter with the kid? "Say goodbye to Papa! You won't see him for a long time!" Subtext abounds.  No more free child care. No more dropping in at dad's for a free meal. No more having dad around to help you move, lend you money, find you a plumber or a mechanic, let you borrow his car. They were just gobsmacked that he wanted to pursue his own dream. 

I do think Kenny and Armando are sweet together and I hope they can set some healthy boundaries with their families. 

Even better, the daughter and grandson lived with Kenny until his move!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It is a very slow and lack luster season

It sure is. I feel like barely anything new happens.   I'm fast forwarding through almost half of the show as it is, I can't take cheesestick or whatever his name is, and the other stories are moving at a snail's pace. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Cheesy’s  apology tour is pretty lame. The only person he needs to atone to is Melyza. The parents don’t need to know the details. My feeling is that Melyza is never gonna fully forgive him. She’s enjoying him squirm, cry and turn five shades of red.  Either forgive him or forget him. 

This crybaby, red-faced, cheesy dough boy (thanks @Persnickety) is so forgettable (and unforgivable), I hope there are no plans on having him on any rendition of 90-day. He's on my fast forward list. I guess it takes all kinds, but it's hard to believe he's a real Texan. 

• Love 5
On 8/10/2020 at 10:37 PM, suzywallis said:

So, what the heck happened with Jihoon and Deavan that Momma Deavan was ready to strangle him at the end of the episode??

This is my theory about what Jihoon did that was so unforgivable: We see Drascilla running off into the night and Jihoon chasing her. Maybe when he catches her he (gasp!) DISCIPLINES HER! 

• Useful 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, greekmom said:

With one goth wanna be, a Karen, a man child, camera crew, producer and handlers someone is bound to catch the little terror. Seriously no one believes that the little vamp would have flown away. 

I've got to admit -- Jihoon really took off after that lil fleet-footed/hyperactive/impulsive (but kinda engaging) moppet with impressive speed!  (Thank goodness, Pole was not her dad!!!) ☢️ 

• LOL 15
  • Love 5