Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Fight, Pray, Love

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Cheesy’s  apology tour is pretty lame. The only person he needs to atone to is Melyza. The parents don’t need to know the details. My feeling is that Melyza is never gonna fully forgive him. She’s enjoying him squirm, cry and turn five shades of red.  Either forgive him or forget him. 

I just do not GET all the Sturm und Drang surrounding this very weak plot-line.  It's giving off such melodramatic vibes, that you'd think 'Cheesestick' had pimped out all the women in his town (keeping one lass for satisfaction of any sudden uncontrollable 'urges,')  He sure does a convincing portrayal of a 'sadder but wiser' deceiver, but -- so what?! -- this storyline is going nowhere fast. (I guess when he runs out of his 50 shades of BLUE shirts, production will be forced to shut down.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I usually haaaate on camera proposals but I loved the one between Kenneth and armando.  

It was just so sweet.  I hope those two make it.  I just love Armando, Kenneth really got lucky.  

In other news, color me shocked that drascilla ran out into the street.  My nephew, who is around the same age, doesn't run into the street.  At what age do children stop doing this?

Brittneys lashes are ridiculous and I suspect she wore the hijab because she had to wash her wig. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

And I see the 2020 Cheesestick Apology Tour continues unabated. Is anyone else getting a Hester Prynne vibe from this storyline?

Meanwhile, I've seen teenagers more enthusiastic about their algebra homework than Deaven is about Jihoon.

To the surprise of absolutely no one, Yazan's family is pushing Brittany to convert whilst she drags her heels and acts put-upon. 

Finally, for guy in his late 50s, Kenny is acting awfully naive about how homosexuality is viewed in rural Mexico. I don't think he gets that if some guy walked up to him, called him a Maricon and punched him in the face, the local police would probably find it funny, if they cared at all. Armando is right to be cautious and Kenny needs to stop feeling so put out.

The only thing that I liked about the cheesedick storyline this week was melyza's father's reaction.  

To me, it was authentic and he seems like a good father.  Now mom and dad hate cheesedick.  Good luck with that....it's a matter of time before he confesses to the cat and is hated by her too. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, steff13 said:

I don't get why Tim has to confess his cheating to everyone.  If Melyza has chosen to forgive Tim, that should be the end of it.  I am not a big fan of Tim, and cheating is gross, but I feel for him here.  

I think melyza told her mom and it was a matter of time before her dad found out because mom CLEARLY hates cheesedick and without context I think her husband would think she is nuts.  

I guess he confessed to his friends because they were probably confused as to why the plans changed and she was no longer moving to the US. 

Or because he knew it was going to come out on TV.  Not sure why he told his mom, but I guess that's his confidante. 

ETA - Tim still seems very sketch about the details.  He is another one who only tells as much of the truth as he can get away with.  I'd bet good money that it was more than a one night stand, especially if the girl was all over his social media. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

The story was that Jihoon was supposed to get them an apartment but he procrastinated so she rented the first place sight unseen for a month to give him time to find a permanent place. But then she moved to a hotel because she didn’t like the place she had rented.  He found this place for a month until they can find a permanent place. This place is likely too big and too nice for permanent rental and is probably an Air BnB that is not available for lengthy periods.  What I wonder is if he turned all of his money over to Deavan last episode how did he rent this apartment?

This is my question.  Jihoon apparently doesn't have a full time job, doesn't have a great education and barely had any savings.  How is he supposed to afford a nice apartment in a month?  

Devan can issue all the ultimatums she wants but unless he wins the lottery, I don't see how he is going to make enough in a month to afford an apartment that Devan will find acceptable.  

Devan is a stubbornly delusional about jihoon as Angela is about her fertility.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, TzuShih said:

(Thank goodness, Pole was not her dad!!!)

I just watched the sneak peak of next week's HEA and Paul's Upright Alligator running is as hilarious as ever! 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

Brittneys lashes are ridiculous and I suspect she wore the hijab because she had to wash her wig. 

I'm considering locating Brittney to tell her to go by the letter of the law in Jordan...those expensive wigs she has COVER HER HAIR!  Isn't that what the hijab is supposed to do?  Call the wigs American Hijabs.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

This is my theory about what Jihoon did that was so unforgivable: We see Drascilla running off into the night and Jihoon chasing her. Maybe when he catches her he (gasp!) DISCIPLINES HER! 

That's a theory floating around some FB groups. That he spanks her. Which of course goes against Devan's and Elicia's free range child care. I wonder if they ask Dracula if they can change her diaper before they actually do it.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

I thought this too because her hijab was so flat and it didn't look like any hair was hanging in the back part. I would think that you'd see some sort of bulk from her $900 (cough, cough) extra long wig. 

I can't stand her. She plays the victim ("But I didn't know I needed to convert!") and is the biggest liar because she hasn't told anyone about her current marriage.

Those fake lashes have to go too. Brittany really is unfortunate looking and her grating voice makes me want to stab my ears with a fork. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

In other news, color me shocked that drascilla ran out into the street.  My nephew, who is around the same age, doesn't run into the street.  At what age do children stop doing this? 

Drazilla is just acting like a little kid. She wanted down, and realized she could get some grown up attention. I really think this whole "Drazilla takes off" story is a big bunch of nothing. She was all wound up and wanted to run. Some kids are runners, some aren't. Kids do shit like that. My son did it once, when his preschool was on a field trip to the Frog Pond at Boston Common. He was three. Off he tore, in his little swim diaper, across Boston Common. I had to chase him, and I was terrified, he was fast and there are so many people on the common on. a summer day I thought I'd lose him in the crowd. He had never done it before and never did it again. I can see Deavan being scared but blaming Jihoon is just stupid. Kids test boundaries. Its pretty obvious that she receives no consistent discipline or home training, so she's still trying to figure out what will get a reaction from her doleful, checked out mother. 

How old is that kid, anyway? Does she ever speak? I'm more worried about whether she's had her hearing tested or been seen by a speech pathologist. 

• Love 19
6 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

I'm considering locating Brittney to tell her to go by the letter of the law in Jordan...those expensive wigs she has COVER HER HAIR!  Isn't that what the hijab is supposed to do?  Call the wigs American Hijabs.

Someone posted that some Muslim women do use wigs instead of hijabs.  But the point is to not be attractive to other males and good wigs can be attractive so I’m not sure about this rationale.

1 hour ago, hookedontv said:

and is the biggest liar because she hasn't told anyone about her current marriage.

They know she was married but think she has followed through with the divorce by now.

• Love 4

I still think it's a bit ridiculous that Deaven keeps referring to Druscilla as Jihoon's daughter.  She's not.  He may be willing to take responsibility for her, but how much time has he really spent with her than Deaven expects him to be responsible for everything Druscilla.  It would make more sense to me if she had Jihoon carry his son in the carrier into the apartment while she accompanied Druscilla.  Jihoon's family is trying to bond with Druscilla (well, at least the dad is), but they are still strangers to her.  I feel the same way when people "fall in love" in a minute and move their new boyfriend/girlfriend into their home and immediately expect them to take on a parenting role.

It will be especially bothersome to me if Jihoon does try to discipline Druscilla and Deaven and Elicia get bent out of shape over it.  Do they expect Jihoon to be an immediate "father" and if so, does he not have a say in raising "free-range" Druscilla (love that phrase from a poster above)?

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Someone posted that some Muslim women do use wigs instead of hijabs.  But the point is to not be attractive to other males and good wigs can be attractive so I’m not sure about this rationale.

Muslim women cover their heads as an outward symbol of submission. to God, not to make them less attractive. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Muslim women cover their heads as an outward symbol of submission. to God, not to make them less attractive. 

Not according to my research:

In its traditional form, it is worn by women to maintain modesty and privacy from unrelated males. According to the Encyclopedia of Islam and Muslim World, modesty in the Quran concerns both men's and women's "gaze, gait, garments, and genitalia." The Qur'an instructs Muslim women to dress modestly.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I still think it's a bit ridiculous that Deaven keeps referring to Druscilla as Jihoon's daughter.  She's not.  He may be willing to take responsibility for her, but how much time has he really spent with her than Deaven expects him to be responsible for everything Druscilla.  It would make more sense to me if she had Jihoon carry his son in the carrier into the apartment while she accompanied Druscilla.  Jihoon's family is trying to bond with Druscilla (well, at least the dad is), but they are still strangers to her.  I feel the same way when people "fall in love" in a minute and move their new boyfriend/girlfriend into their home and immediately expect them to take on a parenting role.

It will be especially bothersome to me if Jihoon does try to discipline Druscilla and Deaven and Elicia get bent out of shape over it.  Do they expect Jihoon to be an immediate "father" and if so, does he not have a say in raising "free-range" Druscilla (love that phrase from a poster above)?

Thank you.  This whole thing about a virtual stranger becoming an instant parent drives me crazy.  I'm sure Jihoon has very little experience with children, let alone a wild child like Drucilla.  Deaven and her mother want him to handle her because it's too much work for them.  They've never disciplined her or taught her to behave or listen, and now all of a sudden it's his responsibility and he's being blamed for her out of control behavior.   The way he was sobbing at the previews for next week I hope everything is ok, he looked really broken up.

Edited by SevenCostanza
  • Love 12
41 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Not according to my research:

In its traditional form, it is worn by women to maintain modesty and privacy from unrelated males. According to the Encyclopedia of Islam and Muslim World, modesty in the Quran concerns both men's and women's "gaze, gait, garments, and genitalia." The Qur'an instructs Muslim women to dress modestly.

Maybe I'm nitpicking but maintaining modesty doesn't necessarily mean making oneself unattractive. 

http://talktoislam.com/17/why-do-muslim-women-cover-their-heads

"This passage tells us two things about the hijab:

1. That it serves to make it known to the society that the individual is a practising Muslim. In this way, it becomes a uniform that a Muslim woman adopts, making her an ambassador for Islam, and showing others the true moral conduct of the religion. Like the veils worn in ancient civilisations, it serves to make a statement that this woman is of high moral standards, and must be treat with honour and respect. There is no doubt that people are – rightly or wrongly – judged by their appearance, and that certain forms of dress affect the way that we deal with the people who adopt them. For example, the uniform of a police officer serves to command respect and authority. This is particularly important when we consider that, in many countries, images of scantily clad women are regularly used in advertising to sell products, and in societies where women are encouraged to dress in ways that are appealing to the opposite sex; in this environment, the hijab sends out a message that the woman wearing it is an individual who is valued for her intellect and her character, and not an object of desire to be leered at.

2. The Islamic view that no woman should be subjugated as an object of lust and desire for her male counterparts, and that every woman has the right to be protected from abuse. The Qur’an tells us that the hijab is one of the means to achieve this. It protects the woman from the advances of men whom the Qur’an describes as “having in their hearts a disease,” and gives women a degree of protection from unwanted attention. Once again, the emphasis is that the woman is not to be judged by how she looks, and that those who wish to see her in all of her beauty must fulfil the stringent conditions of Islam. This is once again particularly relevant in societies in which harassment of women is common, and societies in which women are commonly employed for how they look, rather than their skills and proficiency. Furthermore, in societies in which people are pressured to look and dress a certain way, and often go to extremes in order to achieve the look that society demands of them, this protection extends not only to protection from men, but protection from these pressures in society and the ills which are associated with them."

In any case, many, many young women who cover their heads are extremely attractive--makeup absolutely on point and fashionably dressed. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/15-fashionable-muslim-to-follow-on-instagram_n_5695425ce4b05b3245da9820

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Maybe I'm nitpicking but maintaining modesty doesn't necessarily mean making oneself unattractive. 

http://talktoislam.com/17/why-do-muslim-women-cover-their-heads

"This passage tells us two things about the hijab:

1. That it serves to make it known to the society that the individual is a practising Muslim. In this way, it becomes a uniform that a Muslim woman adopts, making her an ambassador for Islam, and showing others the true moral conduct of the religion. Like the veils worn in ancient civilisations, it serves to make a statement that this woman is of high moral standards, and must be treat with honour and respect. There is no doubt that people are – rightly or wrongly – judged by their appearance, and that certain forms of dress affect the way that we deal with the people who adopt them. For example, the uniform of a police officer serves to command respect and authority. This is particularly important when we consider that, in many countries, images of scantily clad women are regularly used in advertising to sell products, and in societies where women are encouraged to dress in ways that are appealing to the opposite sex; in this environment, the hijab sends out a message that the woman wearing it is an individual who is valued for her intellect and her character, and not an object of desire to be leered at.

2. The Islamic view that no woman should be subjugated as an object of lust and desire for her male counterparts, and that every woman has the right to be protected from abuse. The Qur’an tells us that the hijab is one of the means to achieve this. It protects the woman from the advances of men whom the Qur’an describes as “having in their hearts a disease,” and gives women a degree of protection from unwanted attention. Once again, the emphasis is that the woman is not to be judged by how she looks, and that those who wish to see her in all of her beauty must fulfil the stringent conditions of Islam. This is once again particularly relevant in societies in which harassment of women is common, and societies in which women are commonly employed for how they look, rather than their skills and proficiency. Furthermore, in societies in which people are pressured to look and dress a certain way, and often go to extremes in order to achieve the look that society demands of them, this protection extends not only to protection from men, but protection from these pressures in society and the ills which are associated with them."

In any case, many, many young women who cover their heads are extremely attractive--makeup absolutely on point and fashionably dressed. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/15-fashionable-muslim-to-follow-on-instagram_n_5695425ce4b05b3245da9820

The point is to not share view of  your body with men other than your husband.  Obviously faces can he attractive but lack of hair minimizes that.  But it has nothing to do with submission to God.

• Love 2

I watched this episode via Pillow Talk, because I need the humor and comments of the PT cast to get me through this otherwise boring season.

Just get Brittany off my screen, please. That "WHUT??!" reaction of having to convert for marriage. Girl, WTF were you thinking? This is nothing but a game for her. I can't with her father-inherited constant, painful smile, llama lashes, and way of speaking like her braces were applied yesterday.  I think Yazoo is done with her arguing and disappearing, so he decided to tell her whatever she wanted to hear. She doesn't have forever to decide, he just said it to shut her up. 

The same goes for moist, ruddy Cheese Dick. He has to confess to the Father his infidelity? And does Melyza ever have a facial expression beyond "blank"? 

In my cold, black heart I did love the proposal, but I couldn't believe Kenny's daughters appeared ALREADY! Yes, I agree with others, what with all those teary goodbyes?? And Kenny, quit pressuring Armando about his folks! His Dad needs to digest everything, he just learned that his son is gay, and moving away with his Granddaughter to be with a man. I wouldn't be spurting the engagement news at their first meeting. 

I've decided that Deavan looks like one of those Charlie McCarthy puppets with the lines going from mouth to jaw. Or a really bad, knock off Wednesday Addams. Something is fishy (excuse the Korean pun) about the much nicer apartment. And if the reason everyone is "finished" with Jihoon now is because he swatted Dracula, well sorry, she deserved a pop on her ass for running off as far as I am concerned. (*Dodges flying tomatoes from those that don't agree with spanking*). He is not an instant Father to this child, who obviously has been allowed to run amok like a damn monkey. I cracked up at Mama Jihoon's delight when hearing she should back off! LOL

Thank you for the break from Areola and Jenny!

Edited by snarkish
grammar
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
On 8/11/2020 at 1:03 PM, hookedontv said:

I’m not even done watching the episode so here’s a general comment: why are the families all up in their business? These 90 Day’ers tell every little detail to their families, and then they wonder why their family members don’t like the people they are with. 

If I’m with someone, I frankly don’t need my parents’ approval. Sure it makes things easier but I’m a grown woman, I make my own choices. Maybe it’s because I act like a grown up and don’t depend on my family for financial help and housing. 

One particular comment: Kenny, slow your role. Your being selfish and not taking Armando’s situation into consideration. And he flies his daughters in (again, what’s with the family?). 

Ugh. 

Drama for the cameras.  Plus, Jihoon's momma is the reason he is that way...enabled and selfish.  She's a hot mess too..telling her husband to go away when he was telling the truth and having his come to Jesus moment with her on their talking head moment. 

Edited by suzywallis
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She was all wound up and wanted to run.

It's amazing that Drascilla has all this energy considering her mom Deavan has the energy and drive of a pet rock. No "joie de vivre" to be found in that no energy, slow, resting-sullen-face, dead-eyed person.

Edited by hookedontv
Typos-I just can't leave them uncorrected.
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

It's amazing that Drascilla has all this energy considering her mom Deavan has the energy and drive of a pet rock. No "joie de vivre" to be foundin that no energy, slow, resting-sullen-face, dead eyed person.

YES..  Someone needs to light a fire under her butt and see if she can show some emotion more than "You ruined my life."  and "You scammed me."  She is getting on my last nerves!   HE did a long time ago, though.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Thank you.  This whole thing about a virtual stranger becoming an instant parent drives me crazy.

Me too.  The LAST thing a new boyfriend/girlfriend should be doing is disciplining a kid that is not their own.  My hubs stays out (and stayed out of) all discipline issues.  Luckily I have chill kids, but still......that is my job.

The last thing a little kid needs is someone they don't know disciplining them!!  "Look you already are taking up all of mommy's time, now you want to make me sit in a corner for five minutes?  Yeah....no."

7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My son did it once, when his preschool was on a field trip to the Frog Pond at Boston Common.

Wonder what he saw?  Must have been good!  Seriously, glad he was safe!

• Love 4

Cheesedick Tim and Melyza: Tim made a mistake big time. He made the biggest mistake by doing the dirty deed in the first place! He is an idiot! Man or woman can't use I made a mistake excuse! It is a fatal mistake in a relationship ! Could she ever fully trust him? 

Second, always keep family out of your relationship. It’s for them to work out, not her whole family. The parents will never look at him the same for hurting their daughter, and that’s going to be hard on them trying to go forward with their relationship.

Brittany and Yazan: I don’t think Brittany will convert to the Muslim religion. I think she’s playing a game with him and it’s quite cruel. She’s no intention of converting and she absolutely did know that to be with a muslim, she’d need to. Also, she’s a liar. Being married already is no little lie.

Kenneth and Armando: That was absolutely the sweetest proposal ever! ❤️❤️❤️ They are so sweet! They deserve to be happy! I hope things work out for them. I just hope his family is okay with it. That poor guy seems terrified most of the time. That's sad.

Deavan and Jihoon: I thought the apartment was great. But what is she realistically expecting from him?? I don’t think he has a college degree, much work experience, or any skills that will ever pay well. He’s always going to have her living in a rundown apartment because he can’t make much money without an education, training, etc. Amazing she can’t see that!

Also, I wonder what happened to Baby Girl Drascilla. (Yes, SHE is the actual Baby Girl, and not Lisa.)

• Love 5

I have a soft spot for Kenny and Armando because, well, the rest of them suck.

i have a feeling there’s an unnatural intertwining with Kenny and his kids because he raised them by himself (just guessing since he basically had a friend pretend to be married to him to use as a surrogate) and he probably subjugated his personal life to be there as mom and dad. While there are lots of single mothers and fathers, I think he may have over compensated because of some misplaced feelings due to his homosexuality. Obviously his children love him a great deal so he was a wonderful parent but he may have been the “ideal” parent that he thought he had to be ...ie, their friend as well as their dad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Drazilla is just acting like a little kid. She wanted down, and realized she could get some grown up attention. I really think this whole "Drazilla takes off" story is a big bunch of nothing. She was all wound up and wanted to run. Some kids are runners, some aren't. Kids do shit like that. My son did it once, when his preschool was on a field trip to the Frog Pond at Boston Common. He was three. Off he tore, in his little swim diaper, across Boston Common. I had to chase him, and I was terrified, he was fast and there are so many people on the common on. a summer day I thought I'd lose him in the crowd. He had never done it before and never did it again. I can see Deavan being scared but blaming Jihoon is just stupid. Kids test boundaries. Its pretty obvious that she receives no consistent discipline or home training, so she's still trying to figure out what will get a reaction from her doleful, checked out mother. 

How old is that kid, anyway? Does she ever speak? I'm more worried about whether she's had her hearing tested or been seen by a speech pathologist. 

My then completely silent autistic son was 5 and ran out the alarmed door of one of those Indoor play places on RT 1 in Norwood. If I hadn’t had an eagle eye on him he would have made it to the highway. Everyone just stared as the alarms went off and I ran screaming after him. He was a fast bugger and it was raining. I caught him literally right at the road, grabbed him and told him how he scared mommy and never never never do that again. Severely autistic. Non verbal. He never did it again.

There’s not really an excuse for Drascilla to run off as presented except she wanted attention. They made it look like they were there for hours and the adults spent the entire time on that stupid translator tearing Jihoon a new one rather than engaging drascilla in active play.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Wanda said:

There’s not really an excuse for Drascilla to run off as presented except she wanted attention.

I thought she was running after Mother and Father Jihoon.

After thought about Druscilla burying herself in the sand...I hope Deavan gave that child a bath when they got home and shook out that dress full of sand outside.  Public sandboxes could have been a feral cat's litter box.

Deavan's mother took it upon herself to translate the obvious to Jihoon, things that had been said previously, there was no reason for her to chime in.

• Love 5

Wow Jihoon took off like a rocket after that bad ass child. Yes I said it.

They really do need to stop pushing him as her Father so quickly.

Cheesehead and Melyza - both have the energy of sloths on antidepressants. They seem joyless just like Deavan and Jihoon together. Why are they all even bothering. 

Brittany dont lie we know you know about being Muslim to get married to Yazan. Oops I guess she forgot that just like she almost forgot she was already married.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

But the point is to not be attractive to other males and good wigs can be attractive so I’m not sure about this rationale.

I didn't want to play with "rationale," but with the LAWS created and maintained by men...and perhaps some smart women could tempt/sidestep "the letter of the law" with wigs...if "covering their hair" is the only requirement.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

I didn't want to play with "rationale," but with the LAWS created and maintained by men...and perhaps some smart women could tempt/sidestep "the letter of the law" with wigs...if "covering their hair" is the only requirement.

Orthodox Jewish women do that very thing. They used to cover their hair with a scarf, just like Muslim women do. 

Devout Jewish and Muslim men also cover their heads, as a sign of humility before God. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, snarkish said:

I watched this episode via Pillow Talk, because I need the humor and comments of the PT cast to get me through this otherwise boring season.

I have been doing the same thing. Especially for Cynthia and Molly comments!!!!

Edited by Kid
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Brittany dont lie we know you know about being Muslim to get married to Yazan. Oops I guess she forgot that just like she almost forgot she was already married.

Isn’t she a piece of work????!!!!

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Kenneth and Armando: That was absolutely the sweetest proposal ever! ❤️❤️❤️ They are so sweet! They deserve to be happy! I hope things work out for them. I just hope his family is okay with it. That poor guy seems terrified most of the time. That's sad.

Maybe I'm an ole crabby pooh but I keep seeing AMBUSH in that proposal.  It's obvious Armando loves Kenny but what if he was uncomfortable with the idea of marriage and wanted to wait....what was he going to do say no if front of this 2 daughters--talk about being pressured in.  I'm glad Armando seemed ok with it if not overwhelmed but holy crap is a proposal really the best way to meet your fiance's family for the first time?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

. . . what was he going to do say no if front of this 2 daughters--talk about being pressured in.  

I don't think he knew the daughters were there until after he accepted the proposal.  Everyone was hiding up on the higher patio until Armando said yes.  I assume that if he hadn't, Kenny would not have stood up and hugged and kissed him, so there would have been no confetti cannons being fired.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Cheesehead Tim and Melyza, I wonder if I'm actually becoming desensitized to how bad his infidelity was, or if I'm just SO VERY TIRED of hearing about it.  Her parents are stuck between a rock & a hard place.  If they "get over it" they are basically telling Tim that what he did was OK.  If they can't get over it, they have nowhere for the story to go.

I'm loving Kenneth and Armando's story line but it's clear that Armando is uncomfortable and terrified to be "out".  Kenneth has lived as a gay man for many years in a much more permissive society than Armando.  I hope that Kenneth reel in the PDA and gives Armando just a little bit more space to ease into this new life they are living together. 

Deavan and Jihoon are clearly counting on the teevee paycheck, but just can't say that for the cameras.  I'm still trying to figure out how it got so dark so fast at that playground, guess it's just the magic of TV.  I hope I'm not wrong that Drascilla running in the street is a bunch of nothing.  My boys took forever to learn that when we drove somewhere that it WAS NOT OK to get out of the car and RUN THROUGH THE PARKING LOT to get to the store/restaurant/wherever.  I swear that every single time I would warn them not to and yet every single time I would be yelling and chasing them as soon as the car door opened.  I think they were excited to get to the destination and also saw a clear, open space.  Maybe ADD too? 

Brittney and Yazan, just not going to happen.  They are too, too different and neither is willing to compromise ENOUGH (Brittney is trying a little).  Also, Brittney will never get along with or be accepted by the in-laws.  I think Brittney is just trying to get more followers on her SM platforms. 

• Love 5

What makes a person like Brittany find a Islamic guy in a foreign country and think that they would be perfectly suited for each other?  Is that what it takes these days for her to find a boyfriend, did she run thru all the men in Florida?  

Why does that sad sack Tim need to run thru the that Colombian town telling everyone he cheated on his girlfriend?  That should be a red flag for him, Meyliza is not over it, she is involving everyone she knows in that mess, Meyliza should just get her neon guy (tm the Office), to make a big sign and put it on the front of their house because she will never let it go. 

Deavan is trying to make Jihoon in to something he is not and never will be, why does Deavan insist on prolonging this charade?  Is TLC money that good?

I am frustrated by this show and the people they cast yet here I am waiting for every Sunday and Monday nights.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What makes a person like Brittany find a Islamic guy in a foreign country and think that they would be perfectly suited for each other?  Is that what it takes these days for her to find a boyfriend, did she run thru all the men in Florida?  

Why does that sad sack Tim need to run thru the that Colombian town telling everyone he cheated on his girlfriend?  That should be a red flag for him, Meyliza is not over it, she is involving everyone she knows in that mess, Meyliza should just get her neon guy (tm the Office), to make a big sign and put it on the front of their house because she will never let it go. 

Deavan is trying to make Jihoon in to something he is not and never will be, why does Deavan insist on prolonging this charade?  Is TLC money that good?

I am frustrated by this show and the people they cast yet here I am waiting for every Sunday and Monday nights.  

Agree with everything and me too!!  🤣

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Ha ha yeah these people are frustrating but good TV.  

I can't be too hard on melyza, my sister is my closest confidante and I'd probably tell her if a serious boyfriend cheated on me.  I think melyza's mom fills that role for her.  And she probably thought she was fully done with cheesedick when she told her mom. 

Again, I'll say that I wouldn't be at all surprised if cheesedicks "one night stand" was far more serious than he is saying. 

He lies.  I don't think he invited a flirty coworker over to his house to "hang out" ignorant to the fact that sex was gonna happen.  I also don't think that he had a one night stand all over his social media.  

I think melyza may just be trying to get the full truth out of cheesedick, but he is one of those guys who tells as much of the truth as he can get away with. 

I agree about Devan.  At heart, I think Devan is lazy.  

Now, before you all come @ me, just know that I realize that she actually works very hard.  But I don't think thats because she wants to, but because she was forced to.  

I think she wanted to be a stay at home mom "free range" raising her kids, not doing much, if any housework and bitterly complaining to a hen pecked husband about how hard she has it.  

I don't think that she has much of a shot at this life in the US anymore with two children by two men who don't appear to pay any support. 

Avery, who is 1000x better looking and has a far more pleasant personality hasn't been swept off her feet by a sugar daddy and she works to support her kids.  

I think she is desperate to turn jihoon into a provider because she doesn't have any other realistic options that are palatable for her.  

• Love 8
On 8/11/2020 at 10:30 AM, MrBuhBye said:

The story was that Jihoon was supposed to get them an apartment but he procrastinated so she rented the first place sight unseen for a month to give him time to find a permanent place. But then she moved to a hotel because she didn’t like the place she had rented.  He found this place for a month until they can find a permanent place. This place is likely too big and too nice for permanent rental and is probably an Air BnB that is not available for lengthy periods.  What I wonder is if he turned all of his money over to Deavan last episode how did he rent this apartment?

I forgive Mother Jihoon for every dirty look and sour face she can produce.  Jihoon has been living with his parents in a one-bedroom apartment for years (all his life?) and has told Deaven that apartments are very expensive and hard to find in Korea.  The first one, the one Deaven rented over the internet and paid for, was a spacious mansion compared to his parents' home, yet Parents Jihoon were subjected to gasps of horror at how unacceptable it was (I thought it was great although maybe not in a great neighborhood).  That apartment was so unacceptable that Deaven and her family could not stay there overnight.  Deaven has spent time in Jihoon's parents' home and must have known what a slap in the face her mother's (and her own) disdain for the apartment which was much larger and nicer than the parents'.  And this second apartment is a goddam palace, and there the Family Jihoon is, being told that *this* is the kind of place Deaven needs to live in.  Ugly, stupid, thoughtless Americans strike again.  And of course they can't afford to stay there permanently.  I'm thinking as soon as Deaven's mother, whom I loathe beyond words, leaves the country, they'll be out of there.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
On 8/10/2020 at 8:09 PM, Ms. Me said:

It makes me sick that after Kenny and Armando became engaged, the young women waiting to congratulate the couple shot what appeared to be plastic glitter/confetti into the air.  They threw plastic garbage on the ground that will be washed into the ocean.   Not the best way to celebrate the happy occasion. Was it plastic? That’s what it looked like. 

Tijuana, just 20 miles up the road....dumps 50-70 million gallons of untreated raw sewage into the ocean every day...as I''m sure Ensenada and Rosario do as well.  they have been doing this for many years, and have no adequate working sewage treatment.  it is environmentally one of the worst places on the planet, although the coast is so beautiful you would never know.

confetti/and plastics are the least of the problems.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, 2dogmom said:

Tijuana, just 20 miles up the road . . . 

Tijuana is actually 60 miles up the road.  I looked up the exact location of the resort because it looks like a place that might be nice to visit.  IF we ever get to leave home again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 8/12/2020 at 3:32 PM, suzywallis said:

Someone needs to light a fire under her butt and see if she can show some emotion more than "You ruined my life."  and "You scammed me." 

the translation device has more inflection in its "voice." 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I'm still trying to figure out how it got so dark so fast at that playground, guess it's just the magic of TV.

Must be the same creative time traveling as when David Rich (to differentiate him from David Poor) was standing in broad daylight outside the Ukrainian apartment building he thought was Lana's and just a few minutes later it was completely dark when he left. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Kinda odd how the translator was suddenly accurate this week.

58 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Must be the same creative time traveling as when David Rich (to differentiate him from David Poor) was standing in broad daylight outside the Ukrainian apartment building he thought was Lana's and just a few minutes later it was completely dark when he left. 

When they aren’t getting the footage they want they keep going until they do.  Those Bachelor rose ceremonies sometimes last until dawn.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

I forgive Mother Jihoon for every dirty look and sour face she can produce.  Jihoon has been living with his parents in a one-bedroom apartment for years (all his life?) and has told Deaven that apartments are very expensive and hard to find in Korea.  The first one, the one Deaven rented over the internet and paid for, was a spacious mansion compared to his parents' home, yet Parents Jihoon were subjected to gasps of horror at how unacceptable it was (I thought it was great although maybe not in a great neighborhood).  That apartment was so unacceptable that Deaven and her family could not stay there overnight.  Deaven has spent time in Jihoon's parents' home and must have known what a slap in the face her mother's (and her own) disdain for the apartment which was much larger and nicer than the parents'.  And this second apartment is a goddam palace, and there the Family Jihoon is, being told that *this* is the kind of place Deaven needs to live in.  Ugly, stupid, thoughtless Americans strike again.  And of course they can't afford to stay there permanently.  I'm thinking as soon as Deaven's mother, whom I loathe beyond words, leaves the country, they'll be out of there.

This is an interesting perspective I had never thought of.  I had never considered that it might be a slap in the face to jihoon's parents.  

I jihoons parents enable him, but at this point it is what it is.  They have raised a son who is great at apologizing and taking blame but pretty piss poor at taking action.  

Even his friends seem to think jihoons behavior is unacceptable.  

What interests me is when jihoons mom said that in Korean culture, women are expected to form their men into good providers or something along those lines.  

Is there anyone familiar with Korean culture who can speak on this?  Is it expected for Korean men to stretch the truth to impress a woman they like?  Do women have to assume that they are getting half truths?  And upon marriage do Korean wives then work (hen peck) their men into successful careers?  

Jihoons mom seems to wear all the pants in that family and so I'm wondering if maybe that's just how it works. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I jihoons parents enable him, but at this point it is what it is.  They have raised a son who is great at apologizing and taking blame but pretty piss poor at taking action.

I jihoons parents enable mother enabled/enables him, but at this point it is what it is.  They have  She has raised a son who is great at apologizing and taking blame but pretty piss poor at taking action.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

Avery, who is 1000x better looking and has a far more pleasant personality hasn't been swept off her feet by a sugar daddy and she works to support her kids.  

Doesn't she have custody of only the baby?  What is her job?

On 8/12/2020 at 4:25 AM, greekmom said:

That he spanks her. Which of course goes against Devan's and Elicia's free range child care.

My children didn't have "free range" childrearing, but they also didn't have a human four times their size hitting them.  Not all American families believe "corporal punishment" is appropriate discipline.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

Doesn't she have custody of only the baby?  What is her job?

Avery, IIRC is a dental hygienist.  

She has full custody of one child (dad isn't involved) and joint custody with the father of the older child.  

I believe she discussed all this on the show do I didn't spoiler it. 

8 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Kinda odd how the translator was suddenly accurate this week.

When they aren’t getting the footage they want they keep going until they do.  Those Bachelor rose ceremonies sometimes last until dawn.

MORE BOXED WINE TO THE SET!,

• Love 4