Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

I think she looks great if she was aiming to look 35+. Isn't she 20? The DCC style of hair and make up does none of these ladies any favors.  

I don’t disagree with you at all.  I think they’d all look a lot younger and fresher if they went back to a more natural look, especially for cameos (I tend to think of field makeup as akin to stage makeup — it’s got to be overdone so you can see it from the cheap seats, so I’ll give that some leeway).

The DCC management seems to love the overdone Barbie look — big hair, big smile, lots of makeup, hair extensions, fake eyelashes, fake tans, fake boobs, fillers, etc.  It seems to be getting worse over the past several years. For some reason, having them all look like cast members on the Real Housewives franchise seems to be a feature, not a bug.  🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Trixi said:

Who do y’all think are the stand-out rookies this season, the most talented performers?

Claire, she is the full package, every video I have seen of her she dancing great and she made showgroup. I feel like she like 2 shoes in during TC

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

I don’t disagree with you at all.  I think they’d all look a lot younger and fresher if they went back to a more natural look, especially for cameos (I tend to think of field makeup as akin to stage makeup — it’s got to be overdone so you can see it from the cheap seats, so I’ll give that some leeway).

The DCC management seems to love the overdone Barbie look — big hair, big smile, lots of makeup, hair extensions, fake eyelashes, fake tans, fake boobs, fillers, etc.  It seems to be getting worse over the past several years. For some reason, having them all look like cast members on the Real Housewives franchise seems to be a feature, not a bug.  🤷🏼‍♀️

To me, this Barbie look makes them less liked by women. It's very catered towards what most men like. Women would probably prefer them to have a more natural look. 

• Love 6

Previously it was said that the girls made to dance for their lives during camp were Jessica, Alora Rose, Tori, Kristin, Briana, Lily, Hannah, and Brennan. To be honest based on the videos of the game Jessica and Alora Rose should have been cut and Hannah and Brennan should have been kept (or at least Tori!). Obviously those girls are going to be the season's strugglers which makes it doubly annoying that they cut good vets. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, TorProc said:

Okay that is a good photo of VK. I watched all the videos on shade and sun and sheesh what a mess. VK actually looks like a vet and Alora is a hot mess y’all. There are videos of like 4 girls messing up all in a row, and VK is the only one matching with the others down the line. They cut Brennan and Hannah for Alora and Marissa!? 🤔

Thank you! I think people weren’t quite believing me when I said it was BAD 😂

• LOL 1
35 minutes ago, TorProc said:

Okay that is a good photo of VK. I watched all the videos on shade and sun and sheesh what a mess. VK actually looks like a vet and Alora is a hot mess y’all. There are videos of like 4 girls messing up all in a row, and VK is the only one matching with the others down the line. They cut Brennan and Hannah for Alora and Marissa!? 🤔

This was probably the year not to take rookies. If they don't have vets to follow, they are looking mighty messy. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Trixi said:

Who do y’all think are the stand-out rookies this season, the most talented performers?

I do not know who's the best dancer or performer out of the rookies but the girl that I've had my eye on since Day 1 was Darian. She's gorgeous and her look is so versatile, she can have the hair straight or in her natural curls and she still looks stunning. If the rumors are true then I am so happy she made the team.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

This was probably the year not to take rookies. If they don't have vets to follow, they are looking mighty messy. 

It's an away game this week, and then three home games in a row.  Hopefully, no more vets benched, rookies will get over their nerves and have a better idea what is going on, and vets will be used to the new format as well.

• Love 3
On 9/16/2020 at 11:29 AM, go4luca said:

Thank you!  I was going to share the same as I also have a wee bit of psoriasis (I have psoriatic arthritis).

I recall a friend of mine mentioning her brother having psoriatic arthritis-such a serious case- that his doctor actually prescribed for him to have a tanning membership, it alleviated the pain (at least somewhat), and the itching.   They finally broke down and bought their own tanning bed.  It helped him tremendously.  My friend had it as well, but not to the degree that her brother had- he really struggled with it.    

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Trixi said:

I think Claire W, Darian, and Jada are among the best dancers as far as rookies. Not sure how great Dani & Elli are, but they’re simply gorgeous so good for them for making the team. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, KoKo said:

I recall a friend of mine mentioning her brother having psoriatic arthritis-such a serious case- that his doctor actually prescribed for him to have a tanning membership, it alleviated the pain (at least somewhat), and the itching.   They finally broke down and bought their own tanning bed.  It helped him tremendously.  My friend had it as well, but not to the degree that her brother had- he really struggled with it.    

My sister also tans for her psoriasis. Its helped tremendously. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, madmax84 said:

Don't the cheerleaders just block the view of the game from the touchdown decks? It's hilarious to me in the pictures it looks like people are trying to look through them to see what's going on

I would be mad if I spent good money to see a football game!

• Love 9
Just now, edie3 said:

I would be mad if I spent good money to see a football game!

Agreed!  It's like going to see a movie and having someone sit directly in front of you that you spend several minutes trying to see around.  Ugh!  Annoying!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Opine said:

I am a part of that particular FB group.  I agree that they shouldn't just come over here and steal and not give credit.  Plus it is a big old waste of my time to see everything twice.  But in this particular case, the poster that attended the game specifically asked that her stuff not be copied over here.  She explained her fears, and I personally didn't agree with them.  But I would still always respect someone that specifically asked that something not be copied.  It's a fun group, you should go join!

Yea I am not a social media post person and I got instagram to basically post for myself and twitter just to keep up with the travel news in my area etc. Thats what bothers me about the other facebook groups, from reading about it here, from everyone. Just if they want to take the stuff from here, great but at least comment on where they took the info from. Its the internet and everyone is always stealing things, which I get but eurgh.

But I agree with you. I respect peoples wishes. Just bothers me if someone steals and if they do, they don't bother at least saying "ok I got this from X or Y or Z place"

1 hour ago, Weeklydcc said:

A challenge to the Sea Gals.  It's nice the NFL is doing this.

What is this pass the vote thing they are doing? Is this to do with the president votes coming up in Nov in the US? Or am I being stupid at this time of day and just having a memory blank?

Also can someone tell me, do the girls have to learn and do thunderstruck? I know they wont do it, but in terms of learning it etc .... What got me curious. especially this season was, do they have to learn it because they wont be able to do it on the field this year. It does make me curious for next year esp the returning rookies (from this season) and when they do the kicks/thunderstruck etc and whether Dementia Kelli and C and + J would be a little lenient on them because they didn't do thunderstruck at all/much this season etc

Edited by Uk-Eve
17 minutes ago, Itswhatisaid said:

I think Claire W, Darian, and Jada are among the best dancers as far as rookies. Not sure how great Dani & Elli are, but they’re simply gorgeous so good for them for making the team. 

42 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I do not know who's the best dancer or performer out of the rookies but the girl that I've had my eye on since Day 1 was Darian. She's gorgeous and her look is so versatile, she can have the hair straight or in her natural curls and she still looks stunning. If the rumors are true then I am so happy she made the team.

Me too!

I can't wait to see them on the show!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Also can someone tell me, do the girls have to learn thunderstruck? What got me curious. especially this season was, do they have to learn it because they wont be able to do it on the field this year. It does make me curious for next year esp the returning rookies (from this season) and when they do the kicks/thunderstruck etc and whether Dementia Kelli and C and + J would be a little lenient on them because they didn't do thunderstruck at all/much this season etc

They did it on the deck at halftime, with some different choreo in place of where the kick line and jump split would be.

• Useful 2
Just now, scorpio1031 said:

They did it on the deck at halftime, with some different choreo in place of where the kick line and jump split would be.

Eurgh I better find that video, I havent watched any of the games video from the games so far. I don't even know where NFL games are being shown on tv here in uk. Well good to know that at least. Thanks

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

What is this pass the vote thing they are doing? Is this to do with the president votes coming up in Nov in the US? Or am I being stupid at this time of day and just having a memory blank?

There are elections at every level of government this year in the U.S. Civic engagement is a good message for the DCC to jump on. Voting is the cornerstone of our form of government.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I was surprised that they replaced the kickline with choreo containing only 2 kicks to be honest... it wasn’t bad, but I just find it weird considering that Kelli keeps saying that the kickline is such a crowd pleaser and their signature, but this year they’re not able to do anything similar... 

And also, why isn’t it possible? They link arms but I assume they don’t routinely lick their palms or something right after doing the kickline. They’re touching the poms and many surfaces I’m sure, so as long as they wash their hands & use wipes/gels, it’s not like they will catch it from the kickline specifically.

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

I was surprised that they replaced the kickline with choreo containing only 2 kicks to be honest... it wasn’t bad, but I just find it weird considering that Kelli keeps saying that the kickline is such a crowd pleaser and their signature, but this year they’re not able to do anything similar... 

And also, why isn’t it possible? They link arms but I assume they don’t routinely lick their palms or something right after doing the kickline. They’re touching the poms and many surfaces I’m sure, so as long as they wash their hands & use wipes/gels, it’s not like they will catch it from the kickline specifically.

I would say there isn't enough room to do it safely on the deck.  Also, if they were to do it, then you have the ones complaining they did it.  

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I would say there isn't enough room to do it safely on the deck.  Also, if they were to do it, then you have the ones complaining they did it.  

Yes that’s true, they don’t have enough space... They would’ve if they had taken a vets only squad, since they’ve performed in really tight stages as SG and managed to do the kickline anyway. I don’t really miss the kickline, it just felt so off to be honest... And distracting, I wouldn’t be able to focus on the game with the cheerleaders right in my face busting into 4 8counts at random times, then stop, then repeat. Do they usually dance so little while on the sidelines? They make it sound like a big deal but it’s literally just a few 8counts at a time?

• Love 1
Just now, Holly85 said:

Ok everyone it was me who went to the game but I did take every precaution to stay safe !! Do y’all wanna see videos and btw I never steal stuff from here thank you!! 

I’m not sure if I’m one of the posters you were afraid of, as I’m quite vocal about my ‘disdain’ of irresponsible people. But I wanted to say that you didn’t do anything wrong! It’s still possible to go out and enjoy yourself without risking anyone’s health. The problem is that most people out and about don’t take any precautions. You’re good!

Thank you for sharing the videos 🙂

• Love 8

2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Ok everyone it was me who went to the game but I did take every precaution to stay safe !! Do y’all wanna see videos and btw I never steal stuff from here thank you!! 

I  WANT TO SEE VIDEOS!!!  I can never mind any anywhere online, so bring them!

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:
29 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Eurgh I better find that video, I havent watched any of the games video from the games so far. I don't even know where NFL games are being shown on tv here in uk. Well good to know that at least. Thanks

BBC are doing some coverage, you may also get some games on sky sports or fox sports (some sky entertainment packages have fox in I think?) or if you have a fire stick my partner downloaded some app and gets American channels on that it’s how I managed to watch the home game 🙂 but only if Dallas have the 1pm kick off, I ain’t staying up until 1am I’m cranky if I’m up too much past 11 😂😅

6 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Ok, so maybe Alora isn't using her side vision to see what is happening or forgets she is supposed to do that.  And why are there two rookies together instead of alternating with vets?  That might help as well.

I think it's the set up that is confusing for all of them

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

More the way the poster is received or comments made against them from what I understand. Which if that’s how they feel I’m not going to be the arse to share or be the one to make them feel bad, they did have a fair amount of videos of various routines and Alora and someone else said Jessica were so out and struggling. I think from reading the comments someone had posted a video or shot of the video then saw the post asking for them not to shared on here and apologised for it 

Yes that was me!! I’d just posted saying that a particular facebook group had videos before I saw the request to not share them, it’s not so much that she wanted to withhold videos from us, it’s more that she didn’t want to be attacked for going to the game as this group can have some strong opinions sometimes, that’s all. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Mvdb said:

Yes that was me!! I’d just posted saying that a particular facebook group had videos before I saw the request to not share them, it’s not so much that she wanted to withhold videos from us, it’s more that she didn’t want to be attacked for going to the game as this group can have some strong opinions sometimes, that’s all. 

Honey your good 🙂 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Ugh, seeing all the people in the crowd not wearing masks is exactly what I'm not going to things like football games this year. And yeah, yeah, you're allowed to take your mask off to eat or drink but many of these people are clearly not eating or drinking.

1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Theoretically, they could have done the kickline and jump splits because you do not need to link up and touch anyone to do kicks or the jump splits. But this video shows one of the reasons they aren't doing the kickline. If your core isn't strong enough like the blonde girl on the far right (at the 1:30 mark), this is what happens:

31 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ugh, seeing all the people in the crowd not wearing masks is exactly what I'm not going to things like football games this year. And yeah, yeah, you're allowed to take your mask off to eat or drink but many of these people are clearly not eating or drinking.

Theoretically, they could have done the kickline and jump splits because you do not need to link up and touch anyone to do kicks or the jump splits. But this video shows one of the reasons they aren't doing the kickline. If your core isn't strong enough like the blonde girl on the far right (at the 1:30 mark), this is what happens:

That’s one thing I think he needs to do is get people who walk around the stands and look for things like eating drinking mask wearing !! Me and my friend were the only ones in my row every  chair was zip tied 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I do think it's one of her better field photos. But she needs to get rid of the hot pink lipstick ASAP and that hair is not doing her any favors. Also is it just me or does she always up the brightness filter whenever she posts her field photos? It's kind of too much to be honest. 

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I would make VK a brunette ala Milan, or at least make her a darker blonde. It'll make her stand out more in a good way and not in a fake 40 year old Barbie kind of way.

I'm in agreement with the hair change for VK. Chop it, tone it, and I feel like she'd be alot less severe. She's been relying on her hair since she began auditioning and it's distracting. And if you have a larger mouth, bright lipstick isn't always your friend.

9 minutes ago, OhFFS said:

Why in the ... hello?... are they doing the majority of those dances facing AWAY from the fans? This looks really dumb in my opinion... who are you "entertaining" ?  The end zone? 

I loved the touchdown decks when they used them only for kick off. All game? doesn't make sense. The girls can't see each other, the dances don't have the same "pow" as levels would on the field.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The girl on the far right at the end is Victoria 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, OhFFS said:

Why in the ... hello?... are they doing the majority of those dances facing AWAY from the fans? This looks really dumb in my opinion... who are you "entertaining" ?  The end zone? 

Agreed! If you are going to block their view, might as well as look at the crowd. 

Thanks for the videos!

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

BBC are doing some coverage, you may also get some games on sky sports or fox sports (some sky entertainment packages have fox in I think?) or if you have a fire stick my partner downloaded some app and gets American channels on that it’s how I managed to watch the home game 🙂 but only if Dallas have the 1pm kick off, I ain’t staying up until 1am I’m cranky if I’m up too much past 11 😂😅

Ha I feel you. Thats how I feel when I used to work in catering. up at 4am, leave the house at 4.30am then home at midnight after doing double shift and only getting 30 min break and having friends tell me off when I say I am too exhausted to come out the next day or why they do not understand why my feet is killing me/bright red after standing on my feet in hard uncomfortable safety shoes that damages my feet after being on my feet for like 18hrs 

29 minutes ago, OhFFS said:

Knowing Judy and Dementia Kelli, they probably thought they wanted the girls to be facing the cowboys to cheer them on. Its like er the boys cannot see the moves from the field to up on the decks without looking at the jumbotron, and the boys are more interested getting on with the damn game to be watching the cheerleaders during play. 

Unless of course the cameras, for the jumbotron, are where the girls are facing away from the fans and the cameras are also trying to capture the fans behind the girls to get them to be featured on the jumbotron too etc.

My guess is management is losing their brains. Kelli is already going down the dementia route and forgetting what she said she wants from the squad anyway ... LOL

Edited by Uk-Eve
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

To me, this Barbie look makes them less liked by women. It's very catered towards what most men like. Women would probably prefer them to have a more natural look. 

Yep, they’re NFL cheerleaders ... a feature, not a bug. 😉

• Useful 1
17 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Agreed! If you are going to block their view, might as well as look at the crowd. 

I don't disagree with you, but can you imagine HOW AWKWARD for both the fan and the cheerleader?  It's like oh god where do I look and did we lock eyes and holy smokes this is incredibly awkward because you are right in my mother loving face.  I guess I would rather show my backside too.

Like I said upthread...I like the idea of using the touchdown deck for quarter changes, half time, touchdowns, etc...but standing there all game?  Weird.  Not when you're directly in the sight line.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Previously it was said that the girls made to dance for their lives during camp were Jessica, Alora Rose, Tori, Kristin, Briana, Lily, Hannah, and Brennan. To be honest based on the videos of the game Jessica and Alora Rose should have been cut and Hannah and Brennan should have been kept (or at least Tori!). Obviously those girls are going to be the season's strugglers which makes it doubly annoying that they cut good vets. 

What do you mean dance for their lives?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I don't disagree with you, but can you imagine HOW AWKWARD for both the fan and the cheerleader?  It's like oh god where do I look and did we lock eyes and holy smokes this is incredibly awkward because you are right in my mother loving face.  I guess I would rather show my backside too.

Like I said upthread...I like the idea of using the touchdown deck for quarter changes, half time, touchdowns, etc...but standing there all game?  Weird.  Not when you're directly in the sight line.

Agreed. Or they could block off that whole section of seats then the girls could dance like now but not be right in the fans faces

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

Don't know where this would go, so sorry if this is too off-topic, but I'm genuinely curious, do you think girls/women legit need to have been lifelong dancers with years of training and experience on other NFL/cheerleading/dance teams in order to meet the demands of being a DCC? 

I know nothing about dance, but aside from good flexibility and some general dance technique, their moves seem pretty basic. I guess that background would especially come in handy when it comes to learning routines fast, but other things? Does someone need to have danced for 15 years to be a good DCC?

Excuse my ignorance; I've always wondered this. Would love any insight

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, forumborum said:

This shows the awkwardness.  No one is looking at the girls and then the girls are blocking views 

4D45AA68-A605-4433-87B7-2C237CFAB92C.jpeg

And they are all doing a different dance move. And considering that looks to be Maddie and Lexi, not good!

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Don't know where this would go, so sorry if this is too off-topic, but I'm genuinely curious, do you think girls/women legit need to have been lifelong dancers with years of training and experience on other NFL/cheerleading/dance teams in order to meet the demands of being a DCC? 

I know nothing about dance, but aside from good flexibility and some general dance technique, their moves seem pretty basic. I guess that background would especially come in handy when it comes to learning routines fast, but other things? Does someone need to have danced for 15 years to be a good DCC?

Excuse my ignorance; I've always wondered this. Would love any insight

I don't think you need years and years of experience, especially if you've got some of that natural charisma and sparkle on your side.  Kalyssa made show group her rookie (and only) year and she didn't start dancing until high school.  Nicole Hamilton and Ashlee didn't have a ton of training either.  I do think for those who weren't lifelong dancers, experience is a huge thing and super helpful to be on other squads first.  Helps with the polish, performance quality, and memorizing dancing.  I think there's another poster on here that said the 50+ dances is a lot by NFL standards.  

And now I'm thinking about Megan Kelly, who had just started training with Kitty the year before she tried out, IIRC.

Conversely, I always think it's so interesting when the lifelong studio dancers get to camp and just can not get it together fast enough.  Maddie, Erin, etc.  Erin got a freaking Barbie she was so good in her solo, but was a hot mess in camp.  She then totally focused on that style of dance, nailed it, and is a great DCC.  The power pom vs. classical training is fascinating to me.  Maybe I watch too much SYTYCD, but power pom is closest to hip hop when it comes to dancing, and you have SO MANY amazing self trained hip hop dancers.  (I know some like Joshua had some training in other backgrounds too, but it's amazing what sheer raw talent can do on their own, and how high they fly once they have better instruction too.)

Was it Jacie that said she had to unlearn the power pom style when she was getting back into the groove and trying out for the Rockettes?  

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 7

Just throwing this out there - I wonder if the girls are facing the players to see what is going on since they are kind of away from the action??  Is it easier for the group leaders to watch to see if they need to cut the dance short?

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, forumborum said:

This shows the awkwardness.  No one is looking at the girls and then the girls are blocking views 

4D45AA68-A605-4433-87B7-2C237CFAB92C.jpeg

If Maddie and Lexie are together, then I wonder if Gina took over for Tess. 

Edited by meg.r
  • Love 1