Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

The girl on the far right at the end is Victoria 

I don't understand how she can still not have core strength!  That girl is going to injure herself or someone else.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 4

Ok theory time... I think the group leaders are Maddie and Ashlee, Lexie and Amber, Gina and Caroline, Tess and Rachel W. 

Lexie and Ashlee are confirmed to be leaders from instagram comments, and I think someone posted here earlier with all the lake stuff that Tess and Caroline are also confirmed.

The way the decks are set up makes me think that GL1 is in the middle end of their group and GL2 is on the outside edge. Videos have shown that Lexie and Maddie are next to each other in the middle of the line and Amber and Ashlee are on their respective ends. The other deck is more interesting because Caroline and Tess had to sit out. So Gina is in the middle but Caroline is gone leaving Victoria on the end and they moved Rachel W. to the middle to replace Tess for this game, and I don't know who was on that end for this game.

I'm interested to see if my theory is confirmed at the next game.

• Love 9

Ok y’all going back to Kristin and her shirt that she was wearing she had that made from a tee shirt maker called twisted gorilla 🦍 

1 minute ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Ok theory time... I think the group leaders are Maddie and Ashlee, Lexie and Amber, Gina and Caroline, Tess and Rachel W. 

Lexie and Ashlee are confirmed to be leaders from instagram comments, and I think someone posted here earlier with all the lake stuff that Tess and Caroline are also confirmed.

The way the decks are set up makes me think that GL1 is in the middle end of their group and GL2 is on the outside edge. Videos have shown that Lexie and Maddie are next to each other in the middle of the line and Amber and Ashlee are on their respective ends. The other deck is more interesting because Caroline and Tess had to sit out. So Gina is in the middle but Caroline is gone leaving Victoria on the end and they moved Rachel W. to the middle to replace Tess for this game, and I don't know who was on that end for this game.

On the other end opposite Victoria was Erin I saw them leave the deck when the game was over 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, veronicamers said:

There are elections at every level of government this year in the U.S. Civic engagement is a good message for the DCC to jump on. Voting is the cornerstone of our form of government.

It’s also the 100th anniversary of the US extending the right to vote to women.  I like seeing the NFL cheerleaders encouraging people to vote.  

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Just throwing this out there - I wonder if the girls are facing the players to see what is going on since they are kind of away from the action??  Is it easier for the group leaders to watch to see if they need to cut the dance short?

Good point. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Where is it exactly confirmed that Ashlee is confirmed to be a second leader?

Poor Rachel A, I though she would get a 2nd leader role

Edited by AYTOfan
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, AYTOfan said:

On her instagram post Kristin commented "look who's back as a leader" and her sister also commented about her being a group leader. 

• Useful 2
5 hours ago, edie3 said:

I would be mad if I spent good money to see a football game!

Right...and their backs are turned  on the very fans they are suppose to be entertaining.  After viewing the vids, there seems to be a lack of showmanship, balance and cohesion.  Now is the time to create some new cute dances & routines that draw in the audience.  They need to turn around and flirt with the audience...get the fans to engage with the cheerleaders....give out keepsake  poms to the fans so different seating areas can have a Pom off with each other.  Shake it up a little.  

5 hours ago, edie3 said:

I would be mad if I spent good money to see a football game

Edited by Jazzmom
Duplicate
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

Where is it said they both can't be 2nd GL's?  Keep the faith, girl!  It could happen!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Where is it said they both can't be 2nd GL's?  Keep the faith, girl!  It could happen!

I mean I predicted Amber, Caroline and Rachel W to be a 2nd leader. Ashlee wasn't among that list so that is why I said it 🤭

1 minute ago, AYTOfan said:

It is easy for us to say things but we should know that they are in a new enviorment. Give them some time and I am sure most of them, maybe all, will be much better with 1 or 2 games

After this Sunday They have 3 straight weeks of home games so hopefully it does better 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, CailynA said:

They really should have skipped rookies this year, kept proven vets and yes I mean even Meredith who is gorgeous but not the best at power pom. Fewer girls would make it easier for them to get in sync. 

150% agree and I've been saying this all along.  It only makes sense.  Especially during a pandemic year.

• Love 13

Ok so I've stared at all of the videos because I'm nuts lol I think the order of the girls was like this:

Deck 1: Amber, Savannah, Marissa, Briana, Kristin, Jalyn, Darian, Lexie, Maddie, Rachel A, Lisa, Chandi, Kelcey, McKenzie, Ashlee

Deck 2: Victoria, Alora Rose, Jessica, Madeline M, Armani, Claire, Gina, Rachel W, Elli, Cianna, Sydney, Alanna, Dani, Taylor, Jada, Erin

Obviously Caroline, Tess, Daphne, and Kat had to sit out, but I cannot figure out where Amanda is. Was she even at the game? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
Just now, Kitkatkitty said:

Ok so I've stared at all of the videos because I'm nuts lol I think the order of the girls was like this:

Deck 1: Amber, Savannah, Marissa, Briana, Kristin, Jalyn, Darian, Lexie, Maddie, Rachel A, Lisa, Chandi, Kelcey, McKenzie, Ashlee

Deck 2: Victoria, Alora Rose, Jessica, Madeline M, Armani, Claire, Gina, Rachel W, Elli, Cianna, Sydney, Alanna, Dani, Taylor, Jada, Erin

Obviously Caroline, Tess, Daphne, and Kat had to sit out, but I cannot figure out where Amanda is. Was she even at the game? 

Thank you for this 🙂 I believe Amanda was on deck 1 

Knowing how little time they had before the first game, they should have just kept the team vets only so that everyone would know all the old dances and then they could have added a handful of new dances at rehearsal. Having the rookies learn a bunch of new dances in only three weeks and expecting them to keep them all straight in their heads is a lot to ask (especially since so many of the dances use the same repetitive movements which means it's easy to get mixed up - is this the dance where I do hip pumps twice and then toss my hair or is this the dance where I toss my hair and then do four hip pumps?).

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
36 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

It is easy for us to say things but we should know that they are in a new enviorment. Give them some time and I am sure most of them, maybe all, will be much better with 1 or 2 games

Agree to an extent. I am sure K&j had them practice so their “marking” of movements is inexcusable and there really is plenty of room.  Should they be up there no way no way, they could do what other teams are doing.  

2 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

You are correct! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

You are correct! 

Yay! So the groups are: (just guessing on group numbers)

1: Maddie (GL1), Ashlee (GL2), Rachel A, Lisa, Chandi, Kelcey, McKenzie 

2: Lexie (GL1), Amber (GL2), Darian, Jalyn, Kristin, Briana, Marissa, Savannah 

3: Gina (GL1), Caroline (GL2), Victoria, Alora Rose, Jessica, Madeline, Armani, Claire 

4: Tess (GL1), Rachel W (GL2), Elli, Cianna, Sydney, Alanna, Dani, Taylor, Jada, Erin 

@lemonbus230 I have to be wrong about someone in Tess' group since there should only be 9 girls and not 10, do you know which one? Also I don't know what groups Amanda, Daphne, and Kat are in. 

The rookies seem uneven like they forgot to rearrange them after cuts.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

You don’t cut veterans so that you can have shaky rookies. Based on those videos it’s evident Judy and Kelli made rash decisions that they now have to live with. Not that they care, I’m sure.

Kelly could never give up on the girl that's a hot mess but has some story/look/girl next door vibe...

Loni, Jordan Chanley, Emily,  Morgan, Breelan, Paige, Kat...

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Y’all should of seen my butt with my layers of masks I wish I would of taken a selfie lol 

I just read this really literally, thinking about how people bring those folding cushions to make bleachers more bearable*, and it took me several seconds and even more really bizarre mental images trying to figure out the logistics of this! Like, damn, my face is really small and my butt's pretty big, but I can't think of anyone for whom this would work 😉

*Yes, I also realized after that they don't have bleachers. The only football games I've ever been to were in high school/first year of college before I blissfully transferred to a school with no football, and only 'cause I'd sing the national anthem, and I'd cut outta there the minute I was done.

2 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Training camp was what 3 weeks for these girls? Instead of 8-12?

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

(re: rookies only; quote didn't wanna quote...) 150% agree and I've been saying this all along.  It only makes sense.  Especially during a pandemic year.

(Quotes got conjoined, but I guess they're related).

While I think the entire training camp process was an unnecessary safety hazard, and I don't think there's a reason to have cheerleaders (or fans) at games right now, the primary reason to me (well, acceptable reason; pretend it wasn't to make a tv show) was to create continuity among seasons (and to finally make the squad somewhat more diverse).

There's no way to know whether the experience this year will affect retirement decisions, and, if so, in which direction: more women could decide to stick around an extra year to end with a [hopefully] more normal experience, or it may lead to more vets retiring than usual, and they're left with fewer upper vets and, with no rookies, have no rising second years. I hate to even say it, but there's no guarantee life will be much closer to normal next year. While I think the org could benefit from a complete overhaul of its culture, it's much harder to see that when you're inside it, and I'm sure they want a typically sized group of returnees for all of those reasons.

I do hope that continue to do an initial open call online or differently targeted first round again, as I think it opened it up to those who weren't specifically invited or couldn't afford to take the chance that they'd be the rare non-recruited talent to get noticed.

As for the practice time, I think the bigger challenge is that, to an extent, they're all point. How many times have we heard about how the point has the hardest job because she has no one to watch (in the most practiced and consistent dance they do)?

Now, they're (if I understand correctly) playing follow the leader, as the did in groups, but they're all, essentially, in the front.

Sure, they had less time--the vets less than the rookies, really-- to adjust to a total format change, but, the typical training camp length was absurd. Entire Broadway shows go from table reads to previews, with full sets, sound, lighting, and costumes, in far less time.

Any of the more complicated dances we've seen taught on the show by noteworthy choreographers may be incorporated by a small group in Show Group (I don't know; I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt), but they don't seem to perform anything nearly so complex or impressive as part of their game repertoire.

I will gladly be corrected by someone more in the know (or has...been to a game), but they seem to have a few core dances for different rhythms and then a variety of eight counts that get rearranged into various permutations to make up their "fifty" dances.

I think a first game will always have kinks, and this was, in many ways, new for everyone and probably had a lot of unknowns until the last minute, but I think it's more likely the vets' experience with OFTEN having to improvise around those unknowns (per "special performances"/last minute music or location changes shown on CMT unless those are created for drama, which is hella dumb because they always make the Cowboys organization look like a surprising clusterfuck of a company) that made most of them look more polished than many rookies.

I don't think vets, particularly the ones who had proven themselves over the years, should have been cut to make way for rookies, mind you, but I'm glad the process change (and/or their finally grasping the shitass optics) opened the door for a bit more diversity on the squad, and loath as I am to say anything positive about TPTB, I think bringing in new women was the right choice, lest we be left with only Barbiezon and Lisa (and probably Maddie) as senior vets in a year or two, with 30+ rookies.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, perrie97 said:

Excuse my ignorance, who is that? 

Kelli.  She knows what it is like to have your first game, and these girls aren't allowed to say anything until the show comes out.  Which according to wiki, is October.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Knowing how little time they had before the first game, they should have just kept the team vets only so that everyone would know all the old dances and then they could have added a handful of new dances at rehearsal. Having the rookies learn a bunch of new dances in only three weeks and expecting them to keep them all straight in their heads is a lot to ask (especially since so many of the dances use the same repetitive movements which means it's easy to get mixed up - is this the dance where I do hip pumps twice and then toss my hair or is this the dance where I toss my hair and then do four hip pumps?).

They shud have just kept the 29 vets, held a mini-camp to rehearse and block the touchdown decks and gone with the smaller squad. Good for keeping everyone safe, not good if ur main concern is a reality TV series. 

• Love 24
3 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Thank you! I was about to know if any eagle eyes had figured this out yet!

• Love 2

3: Gina (GL1), Caroline (GL2), Victoria, Alora Rose, Jessica, Madeline, Armani, Claire 

4: Tess (GL1), Rachel W (GL2), Elli, Cianna, Sydney, Alanna, Dani, Taylor, Jada, Erin 

@lemonbus230 I have to be wrong about someone in Tess' group since there should only be 9 girls and not 10, do you know which one? Also I don't know what groups Amanda, Daphne, and Kat are in. 

If those groups are right, Group 3 is overloaded with Rookies.  Conspiracy  theory:  that makes the people dancing next to VK look better by comparison . Certainly true in these videos. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Oh wow look guys, Victoria got 4 rookies in her group. Wonder why/how that is? (Yes, that's sarcasm)

And not to repeat too much of what other posters have said, but why oh why does it have to be up to a bunch of anonymous users on an internet forum to post this type of stuff? I really wish they would just let the rookies post something. Doesn't have to be a photo of them in the uniform. But like ya know ... SOMETHING to make it official. It's really crappy to make them wait.

And just to add some actual group analysis from me (😂), Group 4 has Rachel W. Elli, Dani AND Erin? That is one freaking attractive group IMO.

ETA: Oh and I forgot to say congratulations to Ashlee!! Great choice for second group leader!

Edited by Lona
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, Lona said:

Oh wow look guys, Victoria got 4 rookies in her group. Wonder why/how that is? (Yes, that's sarcasm)

And not to repeat too much of what other posters have said, but why oh why does it have to be up to a bunch of anonymous users on an internet forum to post this type of stuff? I really wish they would just let the rookies post something. Doesn't have to be a photo of them in the uniform. But like ya know ... SOMETHING to make it official. It's really crappy to make them wait.

And just to add some actual group analysis from me (😂), Group 4 has Rachel W. Elli, Dani AND Erin? That is one freaking attractive group IMO.

Going to send you a message 

Possible Theory: The Groups on Deck 2 (Tess & Gina's Groups) had rookies moved there from the other deck.

If all 4 girls sitting out of the game were in Tess & Gina's groups, that would leave 4 open spots on that deck. Could TPTB have moved 2 rookies into those spots (over vets) making Maddie & Lexie's deck the clean and highlighted area for Social Media. 

Side note: I think they put Group 1 & 3 together and Group 2 & 4 together. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, meg.r said:

Possible Theory: The Groups on Deck 2 (Tess & Gina's Groups) had rookies moved there from the other deck.

If all 4 girls sitting out of the game were in Tess & Gina's groups, that would leave 4 open spots on that deck. Could TPTB have moved 2 rookies into those spots (over vets) making Maddie & Lexie's deck the clean and highlighted area for Social Media. 

Side note: I think they put Group 1 & 3 together and Group 2 & 4 together. 

So from the videos which groups do you think they were 

7 hours ago, kalibean said:

Conversely, I always think it's so interesting when the lifelong studio dancers get to camp and just can not get it together fast enough.  Maddie, Erin, etc.  Erin got a freaking Barbie she was so good in her solo, but was a hot mess in camp.  She then totally focused on that style of dance, nailed it, and is a great DCC.  The power pom vs. classical training is fascinating to me.  Maybe I watch too much SYTYCD, but power pom is closest to hip hop when it comes to dancing, and you have SO MANY amazing self trained hip hop dancers.  (I know some like Joshua had some training in other backgrounds too, but it's amazing what sheer raw talent can do on their own, and how high they fly once they have better instruction too.)

Was it Jacie that said she had to unlearn the power pom style when she was getting back into the groove and trying out for the Rockettes?  

Pom isn’t like hip hop. I danced Pom competitively. There’s a lot of precision (it does kill your arms the strength you need to have) you’ve got to really punch your arms with all the force you have like someone’s face in there but got to stop it at the correct place again like there’s a barrier there otherwise it looks messy as hell you can’t quite be fluid my coach would always say “treat every move as though it’s a pose for a picture” all whilst being pretty performers and it’s always obvious when something’s out of place you’ve got to throw your all into every move and be fierce with every move. A lot of trained dancers struggle with getting rid of the fluid lyrical style, even hip hop has looseness to the move 

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

When I told my sister about the group breakdown, she started questioning why Gina's group has 3 vets and 4 rookies while Tess's group has 5 vets and 4 rookies. She theorized that out of the 4 Lake Girls all but Tess are from Gina's group, because Tess's group (accounting for my previously posted deck theory) has added a rookie in place of Tess to alternate vet and rookie down their line. Where as Gina's group has 2 rookies between each of the 3 vets. 

• Useful 1
48 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Pom isn’t like hip hop. I danced Pom competitively. There’s a lot of precision (it does kill your arms the strength you need to have) you’ve got to really punch your arms with all the force you have like someone’s face in there but got to stop it at the correct place again like there’s a barrier there otherwise it looks messy as hell you can’t quite be fluid my coach would always say “treat every move as though it’s a pose for a picture” all whilst being pretty performers and it’s always obvious when something’s out of place you’ve got to throw your all into every move and be fierce with every move. A lot of trained dancers struggle with getting rid of the fluid lyrical style, even hip hop has looseness to the move 

Completely agree you can't compare hip hop to pom there are so many different styles and techniques that can be in a hip hop routine. I do Pom competitively as well and you really need the strength and precision in your motions for it to look good. If you aren't it just looks like a mess and doesn't create the visual that's intended. I must add that competitive pom absolutely has a certain technique but to be honest the DCC pom isn't really it's own technique it's more jazz/modern dance with poms. Competitive pom and DCC pom use similar power but look completely different.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

this is a good example of Pom dance that me and @BulaKitty are referring to and how your arms should be in Pom and the sharpness, other good teams to watch are Rutgers and Minnesota. Rutgers were team USA at worlds a few years running. 

God, I miss comps. I'm going to have to do a online pom binge. Our state championships were a year ago this weekend but unfortunately not happening due to covid. Will have to stay satisfied with zoom training until next year.

• Love 3