Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

Holy wow--I thought I'd NEVER catch up! I can't process it all yet, but I feel like I needed to share that I just got thru 31 pages of forum posts and the biggest BS I see in all of this is cutting Hannah. I'm sad about Brennan, too, and feel they did her wrong by jerking her around all these years, but of the 4 veteran cuts, I find Hannah's the most shocking and LOL if they try to pass it off as weak pom technique. I mean, Tyce Diorio couldn't stop watching her, so color me unconvinced. 

Looking forward to seeing the rookies and watching the spin doctoring this season. 

3 minutes ago, seabreeze said:

yay for ashlee being a group leader! and good luck to VK despite all her haters!! 😇🥰

Ashlee is a group leader?! I just plowed thru a million pages so maybe I missed the GL and GL2 announcement? I'm totally pulling for Ashlee to be a GL2 this year or next, but I don't see them appointing her a GL without being a 2nd first. She's one of my favorites and I really want her to stay long enough to be in the triangle and/or a GL. She moved up so much in year 2, I think she has a shot at triangle.

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Holy wow--I thought I'd NEVER catch up! I can't process it all yet, but I feel like I needed to share that I just got thru 31 pages of forum posts and the biggest BS I see in all of this is cutting Hannah. I'm sad about Brennan, too, and feel they did her wrong by jerking her around all these years, but of the 4 veteran cuts, I find Hannah's the most shocking and LOL if they try to pass it off as weak pom technique. I mean, Tyce Diorio couldn't stop watching her, so color me unconvinced. 

Looking forward to seeing the rookies and watching the spin doctoring this season. 

Ashlee is a group leader?! I just plowed thru a million pages so maybe I missed the GL and GL2 announcement? I'm totally pulling for Ashlee to be a GL2 this year or next, but I don't see them appointing her a GL without being a 2nd first. She's one of my favorites and I really want her to stay long enough to be in the triangle and/or a GL. She moved up so much in year 2, I think she has a shot at triangle.

I don't think Ashlee is a GL but possibly Brendan's post has been misunderstood as she talks about her being a leader and role model, but I took to be in an unofficial senior DCC way.

Also does anyone else really want those pants Brennan is wearing? They look spectacular on her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I think its possible Hannah got cut due to being  vocal/critical about how they were handling protecting against covid. She laid out her grievances on her insta. 

• Love 2

The picture of Brennan she's with Bri not Ashlee.  Briana and Brennan seem super close.  Brennan is talking about her being a role model but not mention of group leader.

I would love to know who the group leaders are.  I assume Tess, Maddie, Lexi, Gina...........so the seconds are who I'm interested in.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

The picture of Brennan she's with Bri not Ashlee.  Briana and Brennan seem super close.  Brennan is talking about her being a role model but not mention of group leader.

I would love to know who the group leaders are.  I assume Tess, Maddie, Lexi, Gina...........so the seconds are who I'm interested in.

My prediction is Rachel A, Caroline, Amber and Rachel W

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, kalibean said:

And the return of the turtleneck too!! Seriously, she looks FABULOUS. Love all of the pics of the friendship too. Those two ladies bring so much class. 

Agreed. I think they both look great. 

• Love 16
8 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

Madeline Malloy and Maddie Massengill, two different cheerleaders.  I think, on the show, their names have been introduced that way.

It always bothered me that once on the show Kelli said that she needed to see in her office "Madeline...M" because technically they are both Madeline M.  I know this is horribly pedantic, but if I can't be petty here, where can I?

• LOL 16
  • Love 4

I don't like to nitpick the girls' looks, since we all are born the way we're born, and not everyone has the money to have cosmetic surgery for anything we don't like. (Example - my nose. Painfully smacked more than once by my horses, but never broken, darn it, or I could have gotten a free nose job.😀). However, since VK's veneers weren't God-given but were her choice, I feel totally comfortable in saying that I prefer her in a mask. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 11
35 minutes ago, MonaMechelle said:

Seeing the girls dance on the touchdown decks really highlights how unnecessary it was for them to have a training camp and new rookies. If the extent to which they can dance at a game is in a line of 18, in a relatively empty stadium and with way less camera time overall, it should have been a vets only season and Brennan, Hannah, Lily and Meredith should have been given an opportunity to be on the team. While I wasn’t particularly bothered about wanting to hold auditions despite the pandemic, seeing how very little the girls were shown today highlights how much this sucks for those 4 vets.

I agree, what a waste of money and resources for a show. I would have understood if there wasn't a season this year if they decided to go without rookies, but I guess they were holding out hope that things would "go back to normal" at some point in the season. 

Excited to see Gina back, but does she look a little scary thin in this photo? 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1
On 9/17/2020 at 2:26 PM, bernie2018 said:

A 53 y.o. h.s. classmate of mine literally corrects us, To This Day, into calling her the nickname her family supposedly calls her...& that name is “Bubbles” 🤔🤭 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Well, Bubbles was good enough for Beverly Sills, but I suspect your friend isn't an opera superstar. 🥰

• LOL 6

I've been re-watching old seasons on PlutoTv and boy, what a throw back. It got me thinking of previous things they've featured and stuff they've added over the years.

Stuff I liked:

The show extended past first game/pre season game. 

Genuine meetups with rookies and or vets. Not that scripted nonsense or "mentor coahcing" with Melissa

Swimsuit trip being featured, even if it's an "online/Fb exclusive"

MORE practice clips, there's way too much "fluff" now than what it used to be.

Bringing back alumni to sit in on practices and comment. Love Michelle Keys. 

More features on groups individually once they're assigned. I'd love to see Group to group practices outside of scheduled ones.

Stuff I absolute hate:

Boot camp nonsense

Melissa as a mentor. Does Kelly expect us to forget she was a mediocre at best Vet and almost got cut? I will say I love her as a judge, she's honest and can see through frills and sequins or the diamond in the roughs. I just think her role needs to be shortened to only auditions. 

Anthony whatshisface

Neil "shes hot" McCoy- what is the point with this guy? I respect he's had a nice career and all, but he's proven season after season that he offers no value to the  panel and if he's continually on there it just makes your judging process look more shallow than people assume it already is.

"Fashion shows" and how it's so important they know how to walk in heels because they have so many opportunities to model during the season. They've literally only walked for Belk, Swimsuit, and I think a boutique that one time. Sit down Kelly.

Tina Kalina. I never realized that the first time we see her is actually in season one...boy if we only knew what was ahead of us. 

/fin

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10
35 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I agree, what a waste of money and resources for a show. I would have understood if there wasn't a season this year if they decided to go without rookies, but I guess they were holding out hope that things would "go back to normal" at some point in the season. 

I think we are all holding out hope things will go back to normal. 

6 hours ago, go4luca said:

Maybe to others.  Marissa is her own entity to me.  Not since season 1 have I ever seen a cheerleader I found so ugly.  Victoria may have huge chompers and ratted hair, but she isn't ugly.

Not even Chandler?  I felt like she was honestly the most unattractive TCC.  Maybe even Karen from Season 10.  I just felt like she had no neck.  I was surprised she made it into TC.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Neil "shes hot" McCoy- what is the point with this guy? I respect he's had a nice career and all, but he's proven season after season that he offers no value to the  panel and if he's continually on there it just makes your judging process look more shallow than people assume it already is.

Tina Kalina. I never realized that the first time we see her is actually in season one...boy if we only knew what was ahead of us. 

Neil is serious goofball, but knows entertainers when he sees them That's why he's there...He's had a great journeyman country music career, but he's extremely popular among fellow artists. He's helped more than a few get past 'new artist jitters' by taking them on the road to open for him on his tours and taught them how to handle and audience and make good choices.  (We have friends in common, musicians & regular people who all can't say enough great things about him...

Tina is a member of a couple of the DCC FB pages...FYI

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

2nd year legacy cheerleader:

GjLVhCs.gif

giphy.gif

4th year cheerleader:

giphy.gif

...and someone who did not even make the squad.

giphy.gif

All at their original auditions. All on equal playing field.

My original comment was about Danielle Marie getting added to TC after the fact the season she cut up her foot. I guess I attached it to the wrong comment. So sorry if anyone thinks I was taking up for VK😆

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 9/15/2020 at 12:30 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Problem is once I dropped CMT from my cable package I can't watch MTT on CMT.com either.  Somehow when I log into CMT.com with my cable provider's info it "knows" I don't have CMT in my cable package.  The only things I can watch on the CMT MTT page are the extra/bonus videos.  Definitely NOT going to re-add CMT to my cable.  I went from almost $180/mo down to an estimated $95/mo (I haven't received a bill since changing packages) dropping the package that includes CMT.

I do not have CMT either. I do the freebie every week by entering a new email. It is always a fake address; I just change the number at the end.  beuhler1@, beuhler2@, beuhler3@, etc. Got in each week.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Stfarris said:

I do not have CMT either. I do the freebie every week by entering a new email. It is always a fake address; I just change the number at the end.  beuhler1@, beuhler2@, beuhler3@, etc. Got in each week.

Anyone else thinking "Bueller.....Bueller....Bueller" now🤣

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I think the girl next to Ashlee in that story is McKenzie? She has shorter hair and if they made her hair warmer rather than the ashy blonde it was (I hope so) then I think it is her. It looks so off because Ashlee went the wrong way with her hair flip. 

Also it looks like Claire is a redhead (yay!!) you can see her and Jessica behind Savannah in this video

Every time I watch this clip, all I see is Marissa there in the back dancing ridiculously.  Reminds me of a 15 year old.  I feel like she has some maturing to do!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, Stfarris said:

Where do I try that? I can't find any link but the one that has all the cable providers on it. Thx

ETA- WOOHOO! I got it to work! Thanks!!

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
hit enter before I finished my thought
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, M1977G said:

yes. someone snooped thru her instagram pic and congratulated her. i dont think Kelli announced it. not sure if she is 1st or 2nd gl. 

• Useful 2
48 minutes ago, PixieDust said:

I forgot, what is Kasharas role now? 

Event Sales and Presentation Coordinator - she said on a podcast that she works with businesses, companies, etc to set up appearances and then helps with staging and such, but it seems like she is doing a lot more than that, what with social media (DCC in Motion), choreography and all.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Just saw this on Victoria's Instagram.  Someone get that girls some help with makeup and hair ASAP and as of yesterday 

She does have that classic DCC Barbie look going on. Little bit fake, little bit dated, lot of glam, etc. I’ll give credit where it’s due. She may end up shared point just yet. Don’t think she could handle a whole routine.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

For sure, I get it. I was supposed to be in DAL for the game today, but just as well. Maybe things will get back to “normal” before the season is out. I guess we’ll see.

So excited to see G back! She’s always looked that thin to me, especially in the last season or two. 5 lbs wouldn’t hurt her at all, but she looks beautiful.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Just saw this on Victoria's Instagram.  Someone get that girls some help with makeup and hair ASAP and as of yesterday 

I’m fully prepared to get a lot of hate for this, but I think this is a great photo and I could see it on the cover of the sideline calendar selling tons of copies. 

• Love 18

I noticed VK is getting a lot of love of IG from her fellow DCC.  Surprised to see comments from so many of the girls, both past and present.  Has her demeanor changed?  What is behind the shift and increase in warm fuzzy postings on whatever VK posts?  No one ever gave specifics about her TC attitude, so not sure what to think!

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

I’m fully prepared to get a lot of hate for this, but I think this is a great photo and I could see it on the cover of the sideline calendar selling tons of copies. 

If she tones down the extremely pink makeup and does something about her teeth, she will look amazing. I may not like her, but she’s not ugly. The problem with her is whatever the hell she did to her poor teeth, the always crazy hair and the even crazier makeup.

• Love 19

This is random but I just remembered watching one of the season 14 episodes and seeing Rachel W. picking her nose and looking at her finger in the background of a shot. Wish I could remember which episode. Beauty queens pick their noses too!

Edited by superbity
  • LOL 17
2 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

If she tones down the extremely pink makeup and does something about her teeth, she will look amazing. I may not like her, but she’s not ugly. The problem with her is whatever the hell she did to her poor teeth, the always crazy hair and the even crazier 

Victoria is a mouth breather. She probably has always had this issue but it’s often exacerbated by orthodontia in teens. 

What this means is her lower jaw is progressively becoming visually weaker as her tongue does not rest in the correct place and thus her teeth are becoming more prominent.   Who knew your tongue can have such an impact right?
If you look at older pictures and think ‘she used to look much prettier’ you’re probably correct as the issue is only getting worse. It also means she physically struggles to close her mouth at rest (why her mouth is weirdly open during Lyrical dances) and gets a tight dimpled chin when forced closed.  

She could see a myofunctional therapist (there’s some great ones in Dallas)  to learn how to put her tongue in the correct place and wear a mouth guard at night to keep her mouth closed.  She’s still young so it could correct the issue without surgery.
A little bit of Botox in her chin would also really help to relax it!

• Useful 9
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Blue hues said:

I noticed VK is getting a lot of love of IG from her fellow DCC.  Surprised to see comments from so many of the girls, both past and present.  Has her demeanor changed?  What is behind the shift and increase in warm fuzzy postings on whatever VK posts?  No one ever gave specifics about her TC attitude, so not sure what to think!

Like two weeks ago Maddie and her weren't even following each other.... Now they go all "I luh you" 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

She does have that classic DCC Barbie look going on. Little bit fake, little bit dated, lot of glam, etc. I’ll give credit where it’s due. She may end up shared point just yet. Don’t think she could handle a whole routine.

2 hours ago, Jazzhands said:

1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

If she tones down the extremely pink makeup and does something about her teeth, she will look amazing. I may not like her, but she’s not ugly. The problem with her is whatever the hell she did to her poor teeth, the always crazy hair and the even crazier makeup.

I agree, if we are talking looks, Victoria is a half decent DCC, around the lower half of the field of all time DCC's.

It is the messed up East Texas nepotism that surrounds her wherever she goes that inspires so much anger/anguish. This doesn't make her less pretty! At the same time, Brennan's great personality doesn't make her prettier or more photogenic.

This brings me to rookie Marissa: I haven't seen her dance or anything, but whatever person she turns out to be, she definitely hasn't got the DCC look. By Jove, she is not photogenic.

13959436_Screenshot2020-09-21at11_49_57.thumb.png.c910af7467991d428223adf35efbe69f.png

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

So I’ve just been watching videos from last nights game of the routines, and I hate to say it for you Alora lovers so looked sooooo bad I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s hauled into the office and offered extra help, Victoria actually had the power in her routines but Alora actually forgot moves, started one routine obviously late you see her look at Victoria then start dancing 

• Useful 3
8 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

So I’ve just been watching videos from last nights game of the routines, and I hate to say it for you Alora lovers so looked sooooo bad I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s hauled into the office and offered extra help, Victoria actually had the power in her routines but Alora actually forgot moves, started one routine obviously late you see her look at Victoria then start dancing 

I know right! Alora and Jessica (other blonde next to Alora) were so bad. Both started dances late and totally confused. Jessica also needs to learn to get low, she barely bent her knees in everything I watched.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

okay, where do you find these videos? or can you post a link or something here in the forum?

Thanks

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Jazzhands said:

I do think it's one of her better field photos. But she needs to get rid of the hot pink lipstick ASAP and that hair is not doing her any favors. Also is it just me or does she always up the brightness filter whenever she posts her field photos? It's kind of too much to be honest. 

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I would make VK a brunette ala Milan, or at least make her a darker blonde. It'll make her stand out more in a good way and not in a fake 40 year old Barbie kind of way.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Jazzhands said:

If her name wasn't Victoria Kalina, no one would be bothered by this photo 🙊

4 hours ago, Blue hues said:

I think fellow teammate just like her but it will probably thrown on "They have to comment or they will get cut" lol

• Love 4