Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, ByTor said:

Not everybody is this good, of course, but look at Holly, her torso is straight as straight can be.

giphy.gif

Holly and Lacey are two of the best kickers they've ever had. VK should've asked Holly for tips, being a 'thicker' girl. Madi's kicks look pretty here but they all look weak compared to Holly's! 

It's all about practise. Whilst flexibility is super important, posture in kicks is everything. Having a straight back, a pointed foot and not hunching over is what the girls need to work on.

• Love 15
35 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Holly and Lacey are two of the best kickers they've ever had. VK should've asked Holly for tips, being a 'thicker' girl. Madi's kicks look pretty here but they all look weak compared to Holly's! 

It's all about practise. Whilst flexibility is super important, posture in kicks is everything. Having a straight back, a pointed foot and not hunching over is what the girls need to work on.

Absolutely!

Maddie did hunch a bit for her kicks where Holly has a straight posture.

I wish Lacey and Holly could have stayed as long as Sydney!

However, we have now Jada! I just can’t wait to see her in action!

#TeamJada

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

I commented on that thread! EVERYONE was flipping loosing their minds because "I can't see their beautiful smiles. It's making me sad. WAH!" I replied that it was a league DIRECTIVE! Didn't make an impression. 

Yeah, I commented... "Well, at least they didn't ask if a new season was going to be on TV this year".... hoping someone in the thread had heard about a thing called sarcasm.  To my surprise, no one had.

• LOL 14
21 hours ago, go4luca said:

I just don't see a reason to bring in rookies during a pandemic year where they won't be near the same capacity for performing or appearances.  They could easily do with a few less on the touchdown decks and allow for even more distancing.  If they brought in rookies and cut vets for drama, for me, that makes it even worse.  Other squads have made the choice to go with vets only and for me, that makes the most sense considering we still have a pandemic that won't be ending any time soon.  JMHO.

I will say, I am involved in leadership in a different performance industry, but I imagine it's a similar scenario -- recruitment becomes incredibly difficult if you have to take a year off of bringing in new members for any reason. DCC definitely has the benefit of being a nationally-recognized brand, but they would still face problems next year if there were no auditions or new members (or TV show for that matter).

I am not saying I think it was the right or wrong decision to make. I'm just saying I understand.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, realityjunkie771 said:

I will say, I am involved in leadership in a different performance industry, but I imagine it's a similar scenario -- recruitment becomes incredibly difficult if you have to take a year off of bringing in new members for any reason. DCC definitely has the benefit of being a nationally-recognized brand, but they would still face problems next year if there were no auditions or new members (or TV show for that matter).

I am not saying I think it was the right or wrong decision to make. I'm just saying I understand.

I had that thought too. Yes, it seems going with vet only squad was the safe call this year, but if they did that there could be real lack of members next year. It would probably be 50% rookies which would be tough! 

10 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I hope Cianna is on weight warning because she is definitely looking pudgy!  I hate to say that...I love her! 😔

119942801_10158699141022491_7975767695738902029_o.jpg

Usually when your hands are up in the air like that your stomach doesn't hang over like Cianna's is.  This just shows me how unfair Kelli is to cut the four vets she cut this year.  She knew all along she was cutting them this year for ratings on MTT and didn't care if we were in the middle of a pandemic.  The fact that she wont let the rookies post any pix is cruel.  Girls wanted to post they made TC and now want to post they made the team.  Not being able to post a pix on your first game day shows just how Kelli only thinks about the show and not the girls.  Raiderettes and MDC look like the are have a great time.  Their coach's are finding ways to make the best of this year for the girls.  Kelli really needs to find something new to do with her life.  These girls have moved to Dallas, have worked hard, they have kissed Kelli's butt and they deserve to be treated better.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
14 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

with the GL2s at the very end even they, as experienced vets, will have trouble knowing when to start and end the dances (Victoria was clearly having problems with timing in those videos).

VK isn't a 2nd GL.

2 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

So many WOC, with their beautiful curls! And SHORT hair!

And IMO their short hair looked perfectly fine during the hair flips.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, realityjunkie771 said:

I understand the argument that if girls retire then next season they’ll need way too many rookies. Although let’s be real, they don’t have that many upper vets, so it wouldn’t be too hard to convince the current 3rd years and below to stay on, plus I’m sure Maddie would do a 6th season and they could get Tess, Savannah and Rachel to return. They had large rookie classes before, so by going with a vets only squad they’d have maybe a rookie class of 12-13 girls, which had happened before. OR they could balance it out with having 32 next season, which again has happened before. And worst case scenario, they could bring back some all stars to perform thunderstruck if they want to keep the formation and then just have less girls on the sidelines. 

But I definitely don’t get why they’d have a recruitment problem? Pretty much all squads went the vets only route, so I’m assuming there are a lot of talented girls who weren’t able to get on a team this season and they have one year to work on auditioning for dcc. There will be a graduating class too (both HS and college) covid or not, and new graduates are a big percentage of applicants. 

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

Man! The Raiderettes look SHARP! Love their uniforms! And the Dolphin cheerleaders! So many WOC, with their beautiful curls! And SHORT hair!

Does Mandy still coach the Raiderettes? They looked GREAT! and the Dolphin cheerleaders, all beautiful, so current with their dancing and having the time of their lives... not stuck in the 80's...

• Love 17

What a farce those other boards must be with the administrator of Frazie who sounds like he or she cannot take any negativity in their life.  How could they even discuss the three cuts in a positive light oh Hannah is now getting the time to work on her Master’s.  I belong to a very large group that follows a show that really has two rules, no bashing actors & no personal life of actors. It is a huge group that has wielded a lot of power & is looked at by other networks to see how they can develop such fan loyalty.  If you want rehash bad storyline or you think the should recast an actor, no problem as there are other groups you can join.  It is possible to meet all needs of all unlike the one you say this guy Frazie runs. At least we accept all people unlike that group that keeps threatening to block people!

Also on the thought of the slippery deck, why not paint with the product that has grit in it for safety?  I am surprised they didn’t distance the cheerleaders by only sitting people up higher so they can see over the heads of them.  I believe one team eliminate the first 7 rows.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, kalibean said:

The touchdown decks used to have a glossy surface, and it’s been covered. With the flexible sole of the boot (rubberish IIRC,) and a less slick surface, I can’t imagine the deck is all that slippery. I mean...wooden dance floors are slick as can be. So an unfamiliar surface, but good grief, I hope they got some practice time on it. They normally have dress rehearsals, so wonder if they didn’t get that time this year.  

So weird and different, but I would think less weird than the transition from studio to turf. Or carpet to turf if that’s how it worked this year. 

The touchdown decks were re-surfaced with a non-slick, texturized material to prevent falls and other injuries. 

The cheerleaders would not be allowed to perform on the decks if they were still considered a safety hazard. It would be a lawsuit waiting to happen and the Cowboys organization would not want that.

Therefore, any argument that a cheerleader’s dance has been affected by the slick nature of the decks is incorrect. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

Man! The Raiderettes look SHARP! Love their uniforms! And the Dolphin cheerleaders! So many WOC, with their beautiful curls! And SHORT hair!

Mandy is doing a wonderful job with the Raiderettes! Dang, I was really impressed.  Too bad Mandy couldn't stay another year with DCC and made that calendar cover lol . Her and Rachel W would be fighting it out for the most beautiful girl on the team.  The natural beauty from the Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders is Shayla. ❤️ A vet. I'm not a dolphin cheer fan but I've liked her ever since she did a wake up to game day video for Allure. She is super sweet and mature. She even shows how she does curls and why it's important to her. 

• Love 15
Just now, MeeMee2 said:

Mandy is doing a wonderful job with the Raiderettes! Dang, I was really impressed.  Too bad Mandy couldn't stay another year with DCC and made that calendar cover lol . Her and Rachel W would be fighting it out for the most beautiful girl on the team.  The natural beauty from the Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders is Shayla. ❤️ A vet. I'm not a dolphin cheer fan but I've liked her ever since she did a wake up to game day video for Allure. She is super sweet and mature. She even shows how she does curls and why it's important to her. 

The only thing I don’t like abt the dolphins cheer team is that they act like they are so Miami I’m like girl get a grip most of them aren’t even from Florida 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

The cheerleaders would not be allowed to perform on the decks if they were still considered a safety hazard. It would be a lawsuit waiting to happen and the Cowboys organization would not want that.

plus, I'd think that excessive gritty type substance could be dangerous, as it could make your foot "stick" (for lack of a better word) when doing certain moves, like turns.

• Love 1

Well looks like the news leaked. The player Sydney followed to Dallas is expecting another baby and it’s not with her. The new baby is with his son’s mom. There’s no way she didn’t think he was still dealing with her when their first baby is just a toddler. Not only that, the girl is gorgeous. Sydney should’ve known better but she’s young so I can expect her to believe whatever he has told her to keep her around for casual sex. 

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Itswhatisaid said:

Well looks like the news leaked. The player Sydney followed to Dallas is expecting another baby and it’s not with her. The new baby is with his son’s mom. There’s no way she didn’t think he was still dealing with her when their first baby is just a toddler. Not only that, the girl is gorgeous. Sydney should’ve known better but she’s young so I can expect her to believe whatever he has told her to keep her around for casual sex. 

Were was it leaked at 

17 hours ago, ByTor said:

Not everybody is this good, of course, but look at Holly, her torso is straight as straight can be.

giphy.gif

It was almost unfair for them to put anyone else in the row with Holly 🙂 Her kicks were even prettier than Lacey's

• Love 21
15 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

I really hope Maddie retires after this year

I don't know Maddie, and have no insider information on this, but I really don't think there's any way she's sticking around for a 6th year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I don't know Maddie, and have no insider information on this, but I really don't think there's any way she's sticking around for a 6th year.

I could see her sticking around a 6th year - only to have a "regular" last season.  She probably wants to be point, etc.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

I could see her sticking around a 6th year - only to have a "regular" last season.  She probably wants to be point, etc.

I’m thinking VK will b point next year😆

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, ByTor said:

20 minutes ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

I could see this too. What else does she have going on? 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, ByTor said:

giphy.gif

Damn, I never knew Holly's kicks were so good, omg. 

Also hate to ask but was she ever on weight warning? This gif doesn't do her many favors

• Love 1
15 hours ago, VintageJ said:

Wow. That was impressive and fun to watch.  THAT is what I consider to be world class.  They were precise.  I’m not a dancer but I loved watching the turns all in unison. Can you imagine DCC that that so precisely?  Even show group?  No, DCC could take a lesson from them.  Maybe their director can take over for Judy and Kelly. 

Omg, right? DCC have always been great, but world class? If they were so world class we wouldn't see them take so many stragglers who barely make it to the end of TC each year. Like, come on. You can't tell me people like Breelan, Morgan, Meredith, Ashley Pro, etc. are 'world class' lmao

You know Kelli thinks the DCC are the best ever just because they kick higher than the Rockettes lmao. Like kick height is all that matters. I saw her make that comparison the other day in the show. "The Rockettes do it chin-high, but WE do them FOREHEAD-HIGH"

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Also hate to ask but was she ever on weight warning? This gif doesn't do her many favors

This was from the season during which she resigned, and there was a scene in which Kelli called her into the office to discuss weight gain.  Holly said she'd be there 7:30 the next morning to work out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Damn, I never knew Holly's kicks were so good, omg. 

Yes. I mean skin And flesh has to go somewhere when you kick that high but she was on WW.

14 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Omg, right? DCC have always been great, but world class? If they were so world class we wouldn't see them take so many stragglers who barely make it to the end of TC each year. Like, come on. You can't tell me people like Breelan, Morgan, Meredith, Ashley Pro, etc. are 'world class' lmao

You know Kelli thinks the DCC are the best ever just because they kick higher than the Rockettes lmao. Like kick height is all that matters. I saw her make that comparison the other day in the show. "The Rockettes do it chin-high, but WE do them FOREHEAD-HIGH"

This always kills me. Rockettes prob could kick like that but not their intended style. Also DCC will never have th e precision in their kick line at any height.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, ByTor said:

This was from the season during which she resigned, and there was a scene in which Kelli called her into the office to discuss weight gain.  Holly said she'd be there 7:30 the next morning to work out.

Wasn't she also called in for weight in her rookie year?

9 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

Wasn't she also called in for weight in her rookie year?

She was.  She cried that it's tough being 18 (I assume she meant hormonally) & that she was frustrated with her body.

• Love 4

Working out isn’t the issue for 95% of these ladies...they clearly get plenty of exercise.  But most of us can’t outrun a bad diet. And heaven knows alcohol is the worst. So many delicious empty calories.  Holly probably had a hard time adjusting to a new routine when she first moved to Dallas, and by the end it was def the going out that got her. 

Plus figuring out a healthier way to increase calories when you’re working out so hard and always hungry take some finagling. Jinelle probably meal prepped and had healthy snacks ready to go, but others are dipping through a drive through or chowing down on whatever stuff that “nutritionist” was throwing away from the freezer. 

And heck no the DCC will never be as precise as the Rockettes. Maybe they could be if Judy could pick the squad, but the dancers just have to be good enough. Not perfect. The kick line from Southlake’s high school is more precise. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Working out isn’t the issue for 95% of these ladies...they clearly get plenty of exercise.  But most of us can’t outrun a bad diet. And heaven knows alcohol is the worst. So many delicious empty calories.  Holly probably had a hard time adjusting to a new routine when she first moved to Dallas, and by the end it was def the going out that got her. 

Plus figuring out a healthier way to increase calories when you’re working out so hard and always hungry take some finagling. Jinelle probably meal prepped and had healthy snacks ready to go, but others are dipping through a drive through or chowing down on whatever stuff that “nutritionist” was throwing away from the freezer. 

And heck no the DCC will never be as precise as the Rockettes. Maybe they could be if Judy could pick the squad, but the dancers just have to be good enough. Not perfect. The kick line from Southlake’s high school is more precise. 

For sure. When they get called in for weight and they say they'll start working out harder or more, I cringe, because y'all are already dancing hours a day! The issue is almost always diet. Working out makes you extra hungry, and it's hard to always reach for things that are satiating (like protein) instead of more tasty foods. Some people just don't have issues with food, can really naturally control themselves, or have less of an appetite despite all the working out...I feel like Jinelle is one of those people. The fact she never, at least to my knowledge, had a weight problem makes me think that. It's just so easy for some people. Some really only eat when they're genuinely hungry and unconsciously stop when they're satisfied...can't relate...

51 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Yes. I mean skin And flesh has to go somewhere when you kick that high but she was on WW.

This always kills me. Rockettes prob could kick like that but not their intended style. Also DCC will never have th e precision in their kick line at any height.

Oh, I agree. It has to go somewhere. But any time it does, they play that dramatic sound effect and are like 'OMG DOES SHE LOOK HEAVY TO YOU?' So if you want to be a DCC, there has to be almost nothing there. 

It always kills me, too. Kelli is so delusional

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Some people just don't have issues with food, can really naturally control themselves, or have less of an appetite despite all the working out...I feel like Jinelle is one of those people.

From what I've heard, Jinelle was never the "junk food" type, she always ate healthy.

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I've tried to join the Shade and Sun group on FB a couple times recently. I guess I'm not qualified ☹️ lol. I've thought about joining the premier group again on someone else's account just to see the craziness. Shhh haha 

I tried 3-4 times before I realized that after the 3rd question there is a statement u have to agree to by checking a little box off to the right. I missed seeing it all the other times😂

• Love 1
16 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I hope Cianna is on weight warning because she is definitely looking pudgy!  I hate to say that...I love her! 😔

119942801_10158699141022491_7975767695738902029_o.jpg

I actually wondered this too after seeing the resent pics. I really like Cianna. She's adorable and spunky.  But to be honest, she's one of the ladies who's always looked "soft" to me. Even her rookie year. I've always wondered if she was on WW then. 

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

She was.  She cried that it's tough being 18 (I assume she meant hormonally) & that she was frustrated with her body.

Oh yea. I remember that episode. Both Holly and Kashara got called out for gaining during TC. Poor Kashara! I'm super glad she made the team and florished, but after the WW and wearing the wrong outfit the first night, I thought for sure Kelli was going to get rid of her. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

Oh yea. I remember that episode. Both Holly and Kashara got called out for gaining during TC. Poor Kashara! I'm super glad she made the team and florished, but after the WW and wearing the wrong outfit the first night, I thought for sure Kelli was going to get rid of her. 

Speaking of that episode, last time I watched that episode on Pluto, my dad and husband were in the room. The were both completely taken aback by the comments about Holly and Kashara about being heavy. I think those of us who watch year after year have gotten so used to the weight comments, that we forget how outrageous some of it sounds to regular people. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

You want kick height? Give me the Kilgore Rangerettes any day!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

For sure. When they get called in for weight and they say they'll start working out harder or more, I cringe, because y'all are already dancing hours a day! The issue is almost always diet. Working out makes you extra hungry, and it's hard to always reach for things that are satiating (like protein) instead of more tasty foods. Some people just don't have issues with food, can really naturally control themselves, or have less of an appetite despite all the working out...I feel like Jinelle is one of those people. The fact she never, at least to my knowledge, had a weight problem makes me think that. It's just so easy for some people. Some really only eat when they're genuinely hungry and unconsciously stop when they're satisfied...can't relate...

Oh, I agree. It has to go somewhere. But any time it does, they play that dramatic sound effect and are like 'OMG DOES SHE LOOK HEAVY TO YOU?' So if you want to be a DCC, there has to be almost nothing there. 

It always kills me, too. Kelli is so delusional

Was it one year at finals when Jay said someone had a heavy waistline and Brenda, the newslady, said it's feminine to have a little extra there? I mean, it's holding up your reproductive system!

• LOL 1
  • Love 13