Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

16 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

You don’t cut veterans so that you can have shaky rookies. Based on those videos it’s evident Judy and Kelli made rash decisions that they now have to live with. Not that they care, I’m sure.

It reminds me of the weak 2017 rookies. Ugh what a nightmare that season was. 

12 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Hannah’s insta story 🙊

362431C5-E560-4D78-AC85-D7F7ACDF45F6.png

That's exactly was DCC is. Toxic on the inside, glamorous on the outside. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

The gauntlet has been thrown down at the "other" FB page. We better behave ourselves. Oh, and apparently, we're  "so-called" fans. 😄

"While most of our members are mature and have read the rules and follow them, some members (who often are members of another so-called “fan” group) are posting snide, thoughtless, inconsiderate and clearly inappropriate comments hoping to stir up some drama in our group. If you see such a comment, report it to us - once we review and find a comment clearly breaks our rules, the comment and the thread from that comment will be removed, and THE MEMBER(S) BANNED."

They also had to turn off the comments when someone asked - I believe this is word for word.  "Why are the cheerleaders wearing masks?"  That was a fun thread - I can't find it now ... this was last night.

Edited by Dtowngal5280
  • LOL 5

20 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Don't know where this would go, so sorry if this is too off-topic, but I'm genuinely curious, do you think girls/women legit need to have been lifelong dancers with years of training and experience on other NFL/cheerleading/dance teams in order to meet the demands of being a DCC? 

I know nothing about dance, but aside from good flexibility and some general dance technique, their moves seem pretty basic. I guess that background would especially come in handy when it comes to learning routines fast, but other things? Does someone need to have danced for 15 years to be a good DCC?

Excuse my ignorance; I've always wondered this. Would love any insight

Honestly, not at all. or rather, they don’t need to have experience because the actual dances are so complicated, but because this is a team and due to the nature of game day. So basically, you need to have stamina to last through the whole game, so yes it’d be rare for someone with no experience to have built up that kind of stamina unless they’ve been in some other kind of sport. Then of course it’s good to have some experience blending within a team but still performing well enough to be noticed without being distracting.

And also, what we’re talking about now with the decks and them not being able to see each other? A trained dancer who has performed multiple times, has had to dance without watching anyone in front of them. And when you’re in a team that rotates people at the front and center, you also get used to following their lead even if they are the ones to mess up. Hope it makes sense!

19 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

It is easy for us to say things but we should know that they are in a new enviorment. Give them some time and I am sure most of them, maybe all, will be much better with 1 or 2 games

They are supposed to be professional dancers though. They should be able to adapt to new performance areas... so it’s surprising that Alora messed up so badly when she has experience as a performer.

19 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Knowing how little time they had before the first game, they should have just kept the team vets only so that everyone would know all the old dances and then they could have added a handful of new dances at rehearsal. Having the rookies learn a bunch of new dances in only three weeks and expecting them to keep them all straight in their heads is a lot to ask (especially since so many of the dances use the same repetitive movements which means it's easy to get mixed up - is this the dance where I do hip pumps twice and then toss my hair or is this the dance where I toss my hair and then do four hip pumps?).

To be fair, I didn’t see them struggle with the choreo. The main problem is that they didn’t know when to start dancing and that they couldn’t go all in. As in, I don’t think these two rookies would look as bad on the field, to me at least it was obvious that they didn’t want to go full out.

18 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

You are correct! 

Why do they have 4 groups and 8 leaders for two decks? And which leader are they supposed to be following? Do they take turns calling the dances?

4 hours ago, Jazzhands said:

I agree with this.  Improving her core strength would significantly improve her dancing overall, especially in her preferred lyrical style. 

That said, I thought she looked good yesterday.  There was one kick I noticed that wasn’t great, but I’ve also heard that those decks are really slippery and they’re not used to dancing on them, so she gets a pass from me on that.  I didn’t realize immediately who it was, but I knew it was a veteran.  I thought she looked strong, sharp, confident, and fun to watch — far better than the two rookies next to her and the brunette vet who was the next down the line.  

I thought she was a mess her first season trying out and improved enough to make the team last year but in the bottom half of the group, but I was impressed by the clips from the game that were posted here.  She’s a tall, leggy East Texas blonde with big boobs and a big smile, and her dancing has noticeably improved.  I can’t see her joining the Rockettes or walking the runways in Milan, but selling tons of sideline calendars and posters in her DCC uniform?  Absolutely. She’s basically the DCC Barbie come to life. 

She did fall off three times from what i’ve seen. I didn’t see anyone else struggling with this, which is different from marking the moves or not knowing when to start dancing (& which combo). Victoria did get a lot better with controlling her moves, i’ll give her that.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

So I tried to make a visual with all the groups baised on what you the groups could look like. I placed the missing girls and tried to mix haircolour and skintone. I am probably have it wrong tho lol

20200922_172009.jpg

Wow, looking at this I noticed there aren't as many blondes this year! Good for TPTB for trying to switch it up a little more 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

They are supposed to be professional dancers though. They should be able to adapt to new performance areas... so it’s surprising that Alora messed up so badly when she has experience as a performer.

Nobody is perfect tho (singing the Jessie J song right away in my head lol) and you don't adapt right away. It is all new for them so it may take a game or 2 to get into it.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Isolabella said:

Wow, looking at this I noticed there aren't as many blondes this year! Good for TPTB for trying to switch it up a little more 😂

It is like the 2016/2017 squad all over again 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

She did fall off three times from what i’ve seen.

Are you saying that Victoria fell off the touchdown deck three times?  I didn’t watch the game and have only seen some clips posted on this site, but I didn’t see anyone fall off.   God knows I’ve expressed plenty of complaints about DCC management decisions, but I can’t believe that they’d keep the girls dancing up there if it’s that dangerous. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

I just don't see a reason to bring in rookies during a pandemic year where they won't be near the same capacity for performing or appearances.  They could easily do with a few less on the touchdown decks and allow for even more distancing.  If they brought in rookies and cut vets for drama, for me, that makes it even worse.  Other squads have made the choice to go with vets only and for me, that makes the most sense considering we still have a pandemic that won't be ending any time soon.  JMHO.

TPTB only had one consideration and it wasn’t whats best for the team even tho thats what they always espouse. It was come hell or pandemic, they will make a show this year. 

• Love 7

Part of me is thinking they had all summer to work through scenarios of what to do - if the cheerleaders can be on the field at all, if the cheerleaders are touchdown deck only, if not allowed at the stadium at all and just keep fingers crossed for private appearances or for things to be better after the season.  Sure, the cheerleaders exist because of the football team, but they obviously do a lot more off the field than on it.  

And then I look at what a shit show college football is right now, and how each NFL team seems to be treating their game day experience differently, and shrug...because while I do think they could have executed the dancing at the game much better than they did, dancing on the touchdown decks wasn't a terrible plan.  Just doesn't seem like they practiced it enough in the studio or the practice field.  I can see how it's a total cluster playing follow the leader in a straight line, though, which is why I think quarter changes/halftime/touchdown dancing only might have been a better choice.  Also keeps asses out of fan faces during game play.

I personally think a vet only team still would have made for great television, but likely only for a four part special of behind the scenes of how they're managing in a covid environment, the last minute changes as the NFL rules flex, etc.  And it's "making the team" after all, with the spin of having cheerleaders you root for or against all season. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Hannah’s insta story 🙊

362431C5-E560-4D78-AC85-D7F7ACDF45F6.png

I like Hanna like everybody else, but if it was that bad why was she there two years and trying to make it to a third year?  I don't doubt anything she's saying, but she wanted to still be a DCC bad enough to risk what she felt was a dangerous situation so it couldn't have been all bad.  At this point she'd be better off not talking about it unless that lawsuit is coming.  And even then she should let her lawyer do the talking.  I wish her well and hope we see her again in some capacity, but bitterness can destroy a person.  Here's hoping she literally moves on and lives a blessed life.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

I like Hanna like everybody else, but if it was that bad why was she there two years and trying to make it to a third year?  I don't doubt anything she's saying, but she wanted to still be a DCC bad enough to risk what she felt was a dangerous situation so it couldn't have been all bad.  At this point she'd be better off not talking about it unless that lawsuit is coming.  And even then she should let her lawyer do the talking.  I wish her well and hope we see her again in some capacity, but bitterness can destroy a person.  Here's hoping she literally moves on and lives a blessed life.

The bubble had all the right adjustments otherwise they wouldnt even allowed to do it. That said, a infection can happen at any time and anywhere. If Hannah found it too health risking she could have chosen not to enter it. 

Hannah is a great dancer and didnt deserved to get cut over health concerns, altho we will never know what exactly got said. This just comes across petty and indeed

I know I will get backlash for saying this but okay 😂

Edited by AYTOfan
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, go4luca said:

Vic dances heavy.  She always has.  She really needs to work on and develop, her core strength.

6 hours ago, Jazzhands said:

I agree with this.  Improving her core strength would significantly improve her dancing overall, especially in her preferred lyrical style.

That said, I thought she looked good yesterday.  There was one kick I noticed that wasn’t great, but I’ve also heard that those decks are really slippery and they’re not used to dancing on them, so she gets a pass from me on that. 

Victoria's mistake with that kick was not due to the decks being slippery. It's completely due to her lack of core strength combined with the bad technique she uses to make up for lack of said core strength. When you do a high kick, your entire torso should stay upright from the top of your head to bottom of your hips. If you look at someone doing a proper high kick from the side, the ONLY thing that moves is the leg. For once, all the Barbie references are apropos because if you held a Barbie doll and just raised her leg, that is exactly what a human dancer should look like when doing a high kick.

But what Victoria did was hunch her upper body over instead of engaging her core to stay upright. That is what caused her supporting leg to be off balance. If she had used proper technique, then her foot would have been in a straight line directly underneath her hips, shoulders, and head. But because she wasn't using core strength and correct technique, she pulled herself off balance. Her shoulders were forward, as was her supporting foot (which should have been right underneath her hips) and that's what caused her to be off balance. It had nothing to do with the deck. It's classic bad kick technique.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Useful 5
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Jazzhands said:

Are you saying that Victoria fell off the touchdown deck three times?  I didn’t watch the game and have only seen some clips posted on this site, but I didn’t see anyone fall off.   God knows I’ve expressed plenty of complaints about DCC management decisions, but I can’t believe that they’d keep the girls dancing up there if it’s that dangerous. 

No but that mental image was funny! I’m just not sure how to describe it in english. Lost her balance? And couldn’t keep her position. I’ll try to find these on the videos!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Not everybody is this good, of course, but look at Holly, her torso is straight as straight can be.

giphy.gif

Aw, is that Alexandra in that line? I was really rooting for her season 12, but that’s a really clear difference in ability.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

They also had to turn off the comments when someone asked - I believe this is word for word.  "Why are the cheerleaders wearing masks?"  That was a fun thread - I can't find it now ... this was last night.

I commented on that thread! EVERYONE was flipping loosing their minds because "I can't see their beautiful smiles. It's making me sad. WAH!" I replied that it was a league DIRECTIVE! Didn't make an impression. 

• Love 6
On 9/20/2020 at 9:15 PM, MonaMechelle said:

Seeing the girls dance on the touchdown decks really highlights how unnecessary it was for them to have a training camp and new rookies. If the extent to which they can dance at a game is in a line of 18, in a relatively empty stadium and with way less camera time overall, it should have been a vets only season and Brennan, Hannah, Lily and Meredith should have been given an opportunity to be on the team. While I wasn’t particularly bothered about wanting to hold auditions despite the pandemic, seeing how very little the girls were shown today highlights how much this sucks for those 4 vets.

In my opinion the only reason they held tryouts was to make a TV show. There was no other reason to hold TC in a global pandemic. Kelli & Charlottes greed for money and fame took over. They should have gone with the vets and called it a year. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Lona said:

You know. Today was shaping up to be a very sad and depressing day for me. Got laid off and thought I'd come on here to drown my sorrows.

But my oh my what is this? A DCC fandom war? 😆. Just what this downtrodden soul needs to cheer him back up! What will be our method of attack? Or infiltration????

image.png.50c4712eb5e2b19257ddce60cd6cb90b.png

Haha, for reals though. I'm so grateful for all of you guys and hanging out! And thanks @Muckypup61 for giving me a much-needed laugh!

You are welcome!

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but did they do any sort of plaza performance? I’m guessing not, but just wondering. 

No they didn’t the dcrb hip hop team was on the plaza decks all day 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I had a couple of thoughts on the touchdown decks that could potentially help.

1) I realize that they're slippery, which caused some of the girls to mark some of the moves, but you could either custom manufacture the boots to have better tread on the bottom or just attach an insert so the bottoms are more like tennis shoes. With their training, they would still be able to do turns, but they would have a little bit more grip and could kick and dance with more confidence.

2) Just stagger them in two lines! A couple of the dances posted had them get into two lines anyways, so just make that the default formation. Put the rookies in the "back" row and vets in front, and then the rookies would be able to see their vets a little better and know when to start the dances and have a guide if they forget choreography.

3) Don't put the GL2s at the end of the line. I understand why the GL1s are in the middle next to each other, so they call the same dances for the entire touchdown deck, but with the GL2s at the very end even they, as experienced vets, will have trouble knowing when to start and end the dances (Victoria was clearly having problems with timing in those videos). That also forces two vets to be on the edge, which could cause rookies to be next to each other and not have vets to follow. If the GL2 was in the center of her group, then she'd be closer to the GL1 so they would be more in sync, and it would allow for better vet/rookie alternating.

Just my thoughts based off some of the issues I saw from those videos and some raised by y'all. <shoulder shrug>

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

Isn't she studying trauma? She had a photo up of books and something about school a few days ago and they were trauma psychology or something similar.

I think people are reading too much into this post, having been guilty myself previously.

• Love 15

On the whole facing the field rather than the fans. I wonder if that was done for cmt filming? We know it was cut short at training camp so maybe they were at the first game to help round out the season.

They have previously filmed the first game to show the girls on the field. And I can't imagine Judy and Kelli or more Charlotte passing this opportunity on a unique season by trying to show how world class they are with their adaptability.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

On the whole facing the field rather than the fans. I wonder if that was done for cmt filming? We know it was cut short at training camp so maybe they were at the first game to help round out the season.

They have previously filmed the first game to show the girls on the field. And I can't imagine Judy and Kelli or more Charlotte passing this opportunity on a unique season by trying to show how world class they are with their adaptability.

If that was done I hope the cameras got some good footage because a lot of it was a hot mess. 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Curious if CMT cameras were allowed in the stadium or the locker room, or rooms, if they did use two.  Cause that would be how many extra people.

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

You don’t cut veterans so that you can have shaky rookies. Based on those videos it’s evident Judy and Kelli made rash decisions that they now have to live with. Not that they care, I’m sure.

Fixed that for you.  LOL

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

The touchdown decks used to have a glossy surface, and it’s been covered. With the flexible sole of the boot (rubberish IIRC,) and a less slick surface, I can’t imagine the deck is all that slippery. I mean...wooden dance floors are slick as can be. So an unfamiliar surface, but good grief, I hope they got some practice time on it. They normally have dress rehearsals, so wonder if they didn’t get that time this year.  

So weird and different, but I would think less weird than the transition from studio to turf. Or carpet to turf if that’s how it worked this year. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

this is a good example of Pom dance that me and @BulaKitty are referring to and how your arms should be in Pom and the sharpness, other good teams to watch are Rutgers and Minnesota. Rutgers were team USA at worlds a few years running. 

Wow. That was impressive and fun to watch.  THAT is what I consider to be world class.  They were precise.  I’m not a dancer but I loved watching the turns all in unison. Can you imagine DCC that that so precisely?  Even show group?  No, DCC could take a lesson from them.  Maybe their director can take over for Judy and Kelly. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
13 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

Wow. That was impressive and fun to watch.  THAT is what I consider to be world class.  They were precise.  I’m not a dancer but I loved watching the turns all in unison. Can you imagine DCC that that so precisely?  Even show group?  No, DCC could take a lesson from them.  Maybe their director can take over for Judy and Kelly. 

Agreed. Even the audience member was ‘wowwww’😂

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

The gauntlet has been thrown down at the "other" FB page. We better behave ourselves. Oh, and apparently, we're  "so-called" fans. 😄

"While most of our members are mature and have read the rules and follow them, some members (who often are members of another so-called “fan” group) are posting snide, thoughtless, inconsiderate and clearly inappropriate comments hoping to stir up some drama in our group. If you see such a comment, report it to us - once we review and find a comment clearly breaks our rules, the comment and the thread from that comment will be removed, and THE MEMBER(S) BANNED."

I’m not a participant in any FB group and only a member/fan of the official DCC page, so maybe I’m wrong, but it sounds as if you cannot say anything even remotely negative or constructive without being considered snide, thoughtless, inconsiderate or inappropriate.  I have been a member of this group and before that, TWoP, for a long time and this group is thoughtful in its critiques for the most part.  We have our moments, but we are by far, i think, one of the most ... (can’t think of the right word) thoughtful groups.  We agree to disagree, we admit when we’re wrong, we clear up misunderstandings and we have fun. So I just don’t see our group going to FB stirring up trouble.  But if you can’t say anything less than positive, then anything and everything can stir the pot, I guess.  

• Love 20
7 hours ago, methadonna said:

I am wondering if they determined that having the women face the field on game day gave them the best or only perspective for shooting.

I'm thinking the same.  Since so few people will be allowed on the field this season, few photographers will be allowed there.  Photogs have those gigantic lenses that they use, so taking still pictures from a distance would not be a problem.  So IMO the girls are mostly cheering facing the field so the TV cameras can cut to the cheerleaders during the game, as they have always done in the past, to show them on the jumbotron.  If the ladies were always cheering to the "crowd" their backsides would not make as pretty pictures all of the time!  I certainly would rather see a pretty face, even a masked one!  I remember Judy saying in one of the episodes that the cheerleaders were the entertainment, as she hears the directors constantly saying "cut to the cheerleaders."  From the NFL games that I have attended in person, (unfortunately, no Cowboys games) they did not show the TV commercials inside the stadium at every break.  So this is when the stadium shows their own commercials for local businesses and also show the cheerleaders.  

I also think that the main reason the girls did not look as polished as we are used to seeing, is because they are cheering in an incredibly long line.  A long line is just not as conducive for their normally in sync cheering.  As many of our posters here have said, the rookies are definitely at a disadvantage cheering in this different configuration.  I'm sure they will get better as the season progresses.  I also wonder how much practice they actually have had in a long line of 18 girls.  I can imagine it wasn't much.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Carnival Girl said:

In my opinion the only reason they held tryouts was to make a TV show. There was no other reason to hold TC in a global pandemic. Kelli & Charlottes greed for money and fame took over. They should have gone with the vets and called it a year. 

Yes, exactly. And Hannah and Brennans cuts were probably for the drama they so desperately wanted with the shortened training camp.   

Edited by Trixi
Word change
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

Maybe they are not facing the fans - so they can look at the other groups and all do the same dance?  Don't get me wrong, I'd be pissed too if I spent good money to watch the game and couldn't see.

The reason they face away from fans is that the photographers and their cameras are on the field. No one is going to risk missing a key game shot to run up to the touchdown decks to get shots of the cheerleaders for TV. I don’t even know if they’d even be allowed in that area with COVID protocols. Face the crowd and when the cameras cut to the cheerleaders before commercials all you get is shaking ass. In the end it’s about the business, not the fans who can’t see the game.

• Love 1

I've just seen reports the NFL handed down 1.7million in fines this week for Head Coaches not wearing masks. Each coach was fined 100k and then their team 250k.

The NFL isn't messing around this season so this give the Cowboys organization no room to try and flout any of the rules that have been put forward

• Useful 10
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Jesiklyn said:

I've just seen reports the NFL handed down 1.7million in fines this week for Head Coaches not wearing masks. Each coach was fined 100k and then their team 250k.

The NFL isn't messing around this season so this give the Cowboys organization no room to try and flout any of the rules that have been put forward

Now if only they would walk around the stadium and fine the fans sitting in the stands who aren’t wearing their masks too!

• Useful 1
  • Love 18