Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

Might not be popular opinions:

1)  This is a great year to change up choreo to thunderstruck...and change the song too for that matter.  ACDC sux!!  Change to baby I'm a star by Prince. Or something about a Ciwboy.  IMHO.

2) Still loathe Rachel W.  Would prefer savvy as a 2GL because she's not timid or fake or over the top humble.  A leader should be accepting of everyone. IMHO.

3)  For the love of God, entertain the crowd, not the field.  Players don't give a FF what they're doing.  JS.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
15 minutes ago, BulaKitty said:

God, I miss comps. I'm going to have to do a online pom binge. Our state championships were a year ago this weekend but unfortunately not happening due to covid. Will have to stay satisfied with zoom training until next year.

Are you guys not allowed back to training? The uk is a sh!t show with how they’ve dealt with Covid but our teams are allowed back. I retired last year but I’m also somehow brought out of retirement I can’t stay away 😂😂 I have major trouble with my spins though since having my boy I get motion sick and spotting makes it worse so I’m trying motion sickness bands. I love a good online Pom binge we were sharing the vids in our team chat last year 😂

13 minutes ago, Deweymom said:

1)  This is a great year to change up choreo to thunderstruck...and change the song too for that matter.  ACDC sux!!  Change to baby I'm a star by Prince. Or something about a Ciwboy.  IMHO.

2) Still loathe Rachel W.  Would prefer savvy as a 2GL because she's not timid or fake or over the top humble.  A leader should be accepting of everyone. IMHO.

3)  For the love of God, entertain the crowd, not the field.  Players don't give a FF what they're doing.  JS.

I don’t agree, everyone on here has argued and other social media this is the year not to change things for a sense of familiarity so it’s not the time to be changing thunderstruck unless absolutely necessary like they have for the decks. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Are you guys not allowed back to training? The uk is a sh!t show with how they’ve dealt with Covid but our teams are allowed back. I retired last year but I’m also somehow brought out of retirement I can’t stay away 😂😂 I have major trouble with my spins though since having my boy I get motion sick and spotting makes it worse so I’m trying motion sickness bands. I love a good online Pom binge we were sharing the vids in our team chat last year 😂

For context i'm from Victoria in Australia so in and out of lockdown heaps.  I'm with a university club so we don't start training until March. We got to be in the studio for tryouts and the week we were supposed to start was the week they shut down all activities. There was a maybe 3 week period where dance/cheer clubs could go back but unfortunately not us because of uni regulations. So we've only trained online all year and my club has made the call of not doing comps because we won't be prepared and safety of course. I did get to perform at our orientation week though so I had that at least!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Don't know where this would go, so sorry if this is too off-topic, but I'm genuinely curious, do you think girls/women legit need to have been lifelong dancers with years of training and experience on other NFL/cheerleading/dance teams in order to meet the demands of being a DCC? 

I know nothing about dance, but aside from good flexibility and some general dance technique, their moves seem pretty basic. I guess that background would especially come in handy when it comes to learning routines fast, but other things? Does someone need to have danced for 15 years to be a good DCC?

Excuse my ignorance; I've always wondered this. Would love any insight

I have very limited dance experience, so I’ve asked a similar question before in another thread, except I asked how come some girls who’ve dance on other professional teams struggle with DCC style/picking up choreo. The answers I got said apparently DCC learn a LOT of routines, I think it was 30+ in training camp, so that’s obviously challenging memory wise. Also while the moves may look basic apparently in many routines there’s moves on every count (which differs from a lot of other NFL/NBA teams) so the choreography can be hard to pick up and nail. So it sounds like a fair degree of experience or a lot of natural talent is usually necessary to make the team 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BulaKitty said:

For context i'm from Victoria in Australia so in and out of lockdown heaps.  I'm with a university club so we don't start training until March. We got to be in the studio for tryouts and the week we were supposed to start was the week they shut down all activities. There was a maybe 3 week period where dance/cheer clubs could go back but unfortunately not us because of uni regulations. So we've only trained online all year and my club has made the call of not doing comps because we won't be prepared and safety of course. I did get to perform at our orientation week though so I had that at least!

I totally didn’t realise we had comps like that here! That’s awesome! I saw a bit on the news tonight that people were complaining that dance couldn’t reopen til end of November and Dan said he would look into it - fingers crossed you are back out there soon! 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Yay! So the groups are: (just guessing on group numbers)

1: Maddie (GL1), Ashlee (GL2), Rachel A, Lisa, Chandi, Kelcey, McKenzie 

2: Lexie (GL1), Amber (GL2), Darian, Jalyn, Kristin, Briana, Marissa, Savannah 

3: Gina (GL1), Caroline (GL2), Victoria, Alora Rose, Jessica, Madeline, Armani, Claire 

4: Tess (GL1), Rachel W (GL2), Elli, Cianna, Sydney, Alanna, Dani, Taylor, Jada, Erin 

@lemonbus230 I have to be wrong about someone in Tess' group since there should only be 9 girls and not 10, do you know which one? Also I don't know what groups Amanda, Daphne, and Kat are in. 

The rookies seem uneven like they forgot to rearrange them after cuts.

Happy to see Amber and Rachel W as 2nd leader.  I am sad to see Rachel A didnt got 2nd leader. I think she would do a really good job

Btw, I am not gonna hold someone questionable tweets from years ago hold against them. Let alone make nasty accusations about them. People make mistakes, people learn and grow. No point of hating on the. DCC is a job, not a competition who is the most perfect person in the world

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, onthebubble said:

I totally didn’t realise we had comps like that here! That’s awesome! I saw a bit on the news tonight that people were complaining that dance couldn’t reopen til end of November and Dan said he would look into it - fingers crossed you are back out there soon! 

They’re all over the world 🙂 see if you can find any of the world videos on YouTube like team USA etc think I even have a team Australia video on my phone from 2019 

Edit: I found it and tried to post it but it failed it said the file is too big 

Edited by Manc.UK.DCCfan
9 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

3: Gina (GL1), Caroline (GL2), Victoria, Alora Rose, Jessica, Madeline, Armani, Claire 

4: Tess (GL1), Rachel W (GL2), Elli, Cianna, Sydney, Alanna, Dani, Taylor, Jada, Erin 

If the groups above are correct, then Group 1 is seriously missing blondes - I’m guessing Amanda is in that group. Gotta have that hair diversity 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, onthebubble said:

Thank you, I really appreciate it! If you're interested in checking out some awesome dance and cheer then I'd have a look at Australian All Star Cheer Federation comps which you can go to or participate in if you find a club that participates.

28 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

They’re all over the world 🙂 see if you can find any of the world videos on YouTube like team USA etc think I even have a team Australia video on my phone from 2019 

Edit: I found it and tried to post it but it failed it said the file is too big 

Eclipse our highest level team from last year at nationals. This team also went to worlds in 2018 and many of these girls were meant to go to worlds this year with a non-uni club.

This is my team Nova. We're the next level down but both teams won our division last year.

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, Itswhatisaid said:

As much crap as they have to do during the audition process, I’m totally unimpressed. These look like the same old basic sideline routines performed by any other NFL Cheer team. Maybe they really should’ve kept an all vet squad this year. This just looks like a huge distraction. I’d be pissed if I had those seats. 

Maybe they are not facing the fans - so they can look at the other groups and all do the same dance?  Don't get me wrong, I'd be pissed too if I spent good money to watch the game and couldn't see.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:
13 hours ago, forumborum said:

This shows the awkwardness.  No one is looking at the girls and then the girls are blocking views 

4D45AA68-A605-4433-87B7-2C237CFAB92C.jpeg

And they are all doing a different dance move. And considering that looks to be Maddie and Lexi, not good!

At 1st I thought they were cheering for something that was happening during the game & not dancing (hence why they look off), but then it doesn't look like the fans are reacting to anything.  So yikes, they really do look bad.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

Agreed. Or they could block off that whole section of seats then the girls could dance like now but not be right in the fans faces

Yeah, having someone's butt in my direct line of sight makes me uncomfortable.

Edited by Muckypup61
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, OhFFS said:

Why in the ... hello?... are they doing the majority of those dances facing AWAY from the fans? This looks really dumb in my opinion... who are you "entertaining" ?  The end zone? 

Ummm I hope TPTB are reading this board bc wow, some improvements desperately need to be made! I understand it was the first time up on the TD decks, however, did they not start practicing up there prior? Crooked lines, everyone starting randomly, wrong moves & honestly what is the point who are they entertaining? They seem to be more of a hindrance up there blocking views of probably very expensive seats. They are doing more harm than good even performing, wow this is NOT the world class team they used to be...

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, Trixi said:

@BulaKitty Wow! Both ur squads r awesome! Thanks for sharing😍. And congrats on being a country that takes Covid seriously. So impressed on how y’all r handling it.

Thank you! Even though some are not, I'm fully supportive of our measure's and am very grateful to be where I am even if it's difficult to deal with at times.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I feel like Alora-Rose and VK were competing to see who had better hair-ography dancing to one another.  It was very distracting and over the top!

To me VK's dancing just looks over the top and s******.  It was so distracting and not in a good way.  I kept waiting for her to fall on her turns like she usually does.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Ummm I hope TPTB are reading this board bc wow, some improvements desperately need to be made! I understand it was the first time up on the TD decks, however, did they not start practicing up there prior? Crooked lines, everyone starting randomly, wrong moves & honestly what is the point who are they entertaining? They seem to be more of a hindrance up there blocking views of probably very expensive seats. They are doing more harm than good even performing, wow this is NOT the world class team they used to be...

In Savannah’s insta take over it showed them practicing on the decks before the game 🙊

@BulaKitty well done! Fab routines 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

No idea what y'all think but I found Victoria her dancing very good yesterday

I thought she had pop and danced fine. These ladies have to dance the fine line between blending and standing out.

As a spectator at any sports event, the cheerleaders dance facing the audience. Not only are the DCCs blocking the view, I would not want to be staring at their posterior area for the entire game. I hope TPTB, rethink how to utilize the squad.

Edited by ElenaFR
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

Maybe they are not facing the fans - so they can look at the other groups and all do the same dance?  Don't get me wrong, I'd be pissed too if I spent good money to watch the game and couldn't see.

I don’t think it’s that because the touchdown decks are at least 130 yards apart (field plus end zones), so it’d be hard for one group to see what the other is doing.  My guess is that it’s also not an issue of facing toward or away from the fans, it’s an issue of facing toward the TV cameras.  

I think the fans are irrelevant to the equation because if they mattered at all, they wouldn’t be seated in rows where their view is blocked by the cheerleaders.  There’s zero need to do that in a stadium that’s at, what, twenty percent capacity?

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, rl27rl said:

To me VK's dancing just looks over the top and s******.  It was so distracting and not in a good way.  I kept waiting for her to fall on her turns like she usually does.

Vic dances heavy.  She always has.  She really needs to work on and develop, her core strength.

• Love 15
13 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

You don’t cut veterans so that you can have shaky rookies. Based on those videos it’s evident Judy and Kelli made rash decisions that they now have to live with. Not that they care, I’m sure.

Yes! They should haven’t had rookies this year at all. I read the Gold Rush cheerleaders only took returning vets. Their coach said this year would have been too overwhelming for new cheerleaders. Also, I thought the DCC didn’t dance on the touchdown decks anymore because of risk of injury but this year they think it’s okay? I really question the common sense of TPTB. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
15 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Vic dances heavy.  She always has.  She really needs to work on and develop, her core strength.

I agree with this.  Improving her core strength would significantly improve her dancing overall, especially in her preferred lyrical style. 

That said, I thought she looked good yesterday.  There was one kick I noticed that wasn’t great, but I’ve also heard that those decks are really slippery and they’re not used to dancing on them, so she gets a pass from me on that.  I didn’t realize immediately who it was, but I knew it was a veteran.  I thought she looked strong, sharp, confident, and fun to watch — far better than the two rookies next to her and the brunette vet who was the next down the line.  

I thought she was a mess her first season trying out and improved enough to make the team last year but in the bottom half of the group, but I was impressed by the clips from the game that were posted here.  She’s a tall, leggy East Texas blonde with big boobs and a big smile, and her dancing has noticeably improved.  I can’t see her joining the Rockettes or walking the runways in Milan, but selling tons of sideline calendars and posters in her DCC uniform?  Absolutely. She’s basically the DCC Barbie come to life. 

• Love 16
12 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

@lemonbus230 I have to be wrong about someone in Tess' group since there should only be 9 girls and not 10, do you know which one? Also I don't know what groups Amanda, Daphne, and Kat are in. 

The rookies seem uneven like they forgot to rearrange them after cuts.

So I tried to make a visual with all the groups baised on what you the groups could look like. I placed the missing girls and tried to mix haircolour and skintone. I am probably have it wrong tho lol

20200922_172009.jpg

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

So I tried to make a visual with all the groups baised on what you the groups could look like. I placed the missing girls and tried to mix haircolour and skintone. I am probably have it wrong tho lol

20200922_172009.jpg

You have Gina and Lexie groups labeled as group 3 

On 9/17/2020 at 3:24 PM, CrazyMoon said:

My nearlty 68yo high school friend goes by "Barbi"...it's ridiculous

I have a 60 year old friend whose given name is "Barbie".  That is what is listed on her birth certificate. 

• LOL 2

I feel for Rachel A.  She should have got a second group leader position. The pod cast in the bubble I thought Rachel A was very well spoken. her dancing has really improved over the years, and she was captain of her squad in college.  She's in her 4th year.  Carolyn and Amber are off traveling during Labor Day weekend.  One gets benched, the other dances, but Rachel A who stays home is not a second leader.  go figure that one.

I also have no problem they did not go with an all vet squad.  Everyone going thru this awful year had hopes things would get better.  Meredith and Lily and Brennan( I like them all I just always saw them as a risk getting cut)  to an extent should not have gotten a pass because they were vets.  If you barely make the team, every year you are going to be at risk.  I like some turnover especially since I believe there is more to life than being a DCC.  I'm still unhappy over Hannah but know that attitude affects lots of peoples jobs and it goes back to she could have opted out of a year.

As to VK, she looks good in her uniform, danced strong, and looks like a vet.  Alora looked like a hot mess but the first game is always rough. These girls had less time in camp and are dancing on what people say is a slick surface.  

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Knowing what we know now about the 1-game suspension, I wouldn't be surprised if the "false positive" that came from Tess' group was from Tess herself. 

That’s what I’m thinking 

• Love 1
On 9/18/2020 at 3:53 PM, Jennv said:

I dont think that was it, i believe they make every effort to place the kids back with birth parents, or with family, if possible. I believe in both cases family members ended up reunited with the children

I think  you are correct...the one little girl he fostered, was subsequently sent to the family that had adopted her other two biological siblings, which makes perfect sense.  As he stated in his post, however, the parental rights were not terminated as they had been with the other two siblings, and she was sent back to her biological mother.  This hurts my heart because she was just adapting to being with her actual siblings.  Now...if mom has cleaned up her act,  then she needs to PROVE that she has in order to be able to get the  child.  My opinion, since I work with NICU babies and we have many that go into the foster care system, is that she have supervised visits with the child, mom stays clean for a minimum of a year, while building up a relationship with the child and ONLY THEN does she get the child back.  That's just my opinion though...and I can't tell you how many times I have made that statement on documents when we are asked to give statements about the child's placement.  I don't know how things are in Texas, but in KY...our child welfare departments, are incredibly overwhelmed, under paid and understaffed, and so many children just fall thru the cracks.  😞 

12 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

I feel for Rachel A.  She should have got a second group leader position. The pod cast in the bubble I thought Rachel A was very well spoken. her dancing has really improved over the years, and she was captain of her squad in college.  She's in her 4th year.  Carolyn and Amber are off traveling during Labor Day weekend.  One gets benched, the other dances, but Rachel A who stays home is not a second leader.  go figure that one.

I also have no problem they did not go with an all vet squad.  Everyone going thru this awful year had hopes things would get better.  Meredith and Lily and Brennan( I like them all I just always saw them as a risk getting cut)  to an extent should not have gotten a pass because they were vets.  If you barely make the team, every year you are going to be at risk.  I like some turnover especially since I believe there is more to life than being a DCC.  I'm still unhappy over Hannah but know that attitude affects lots of peoples jobs and it goes back to she could have opted out of a year.

As to VK, she looks good in her uniform, danced strong, and looks like a vet.  Alora looked like a hot mess but the first game is always rough. These girls had less time in camp and are dancing on what people say is a slick surface.  

I really hoped Rachel A would be a second leader too. I wouldnt be surprised if this is her last year and hoped to get some leadership

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Tinydancerxo28 said:

Yes! They should haven’t had rookies this year at all. I read the Gold Rush cheerleaders only took returning vets. Their coach said this year would have been too overwhelming for new cheerleaders. Also, I thought the DCC didn’t dance on the touchdown decks anymore because of risk of injury but this year they think it’s okay? I really question the common sense of TPTB. 

The Denver Broncos Cheerleaders went with veterans only for this year's squad.

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
36 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I just don't see a reason to bring in rookies during a pandemic year where they won't be near the same capacity for performing or appearances.  They could easily do with a few less on the touchdown decks and allow for even more distancing.  If they brought in rookies and cut vets for drama, for me, that makes it even worse.  Other squads have made the choice to go with vets only and for me, that makes the most sense considering we still have a pandemic that won't be ending any time soon.  JMHO.

Agreed! I’m not blaming the rookies but based on those videos, the squad definitely did not look like a world class squad...apparently it was ratings over people’s health this year.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, Trixi said:

They shud have just kept the 29 vets, held a mini-camp to rehearse and block the touchdown decks and gone with the smaller squad. Good for keeping everyone safe, not good if ur main concern is a reality TV series. 

I agree but can’t have a Making the Team Shoe with nobody new making it. 

8 hours ago, Deweymom said:

Baby I’m a star GAG but everything else, I agree. But I’d keep thunderstruck. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

The gauntlet has been thrown down at the "other" FB page. We better behave ourselves. Oh, and apparently, we're a "so-called" fans. 😄

"While most of our members are mature and have read the rules and follow them, some members (who often are members of another so-called “fan” group) are posting snide, thoughtless, inconsiderate and clearly inappropriate comments hoping to stir up some drama in our group. If you see such a comment, report it to us - once we review and find a comment clearly breaks our rules, the comment and the thread from that comment will be removed, and THE MEMBER(S) BANNED."

Isn't that the same group where the mod told everyone to "F off"?

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

I'm not sure if I'm reading the sideline rules correctly (ie, if each broadcast network can have up to 46 "essential workers" on the sidelines, would CMT via CBS filming count as "essential" television production, or is the filming for major network broadcast of the games the only frontsideline "essential" work? *competing eye rolls*) but, as they obviously needed to get a lot of CMT filming in post-shutdown, I am wondering if they determined that having the women face the field on game day gave them the best or only perspective for shooting.

Whether it's just from this game or spliced from the next few and some hopefully better practices, I would imagine that The Triumphant Return of Football, Audiences, and AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS, despite all odds and sense, will make for a Very Special Final Episode. No matter how many drives into the stadium bowels they have to make until they all remember to keep their masks on.

It seems like a poor choice, IMHO, but, perhaps, along with the need to have the "mirror" of the other deck at this point, they went with it for this game?

Maybe they'll figure out how to film them the other way or will do more in rehearsals and switch them around? (If they could get the shots they needed from the stands, though, it seems like the reverse would make more sense: aesthetically, it would be far more impactful to have the players behind them, and then, if they wanted images that also showed the triumphant return of the petri dish of fans, that would be a lot easier to film in an empty stadium and then digitally place as many fans as they're responsibly allowed to have, who are actually following protocol).

But maybe Kelli was counting on the magic of a first performance to override the hot mess of the show. But, we've seen her *clarity* on assessing actual performance level versus what she wants to see.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I just don't see a reason to bring in rookies during a pandemic year where they won't be near the same capacity for performing or appearances.  They could easily do with a few less on the touchdown decks and allow for even more distancing.  If they brought in rookies and cut vets for drama, for me, that makes it even worse.  Other squads have made the choice to go with vets only and for me, that makes the most sense considering we still have a pandemic that won't be ending any time soon.  JMHO.

This would have shown real leadership, common sense & respect for seasoned vets.    Bringing in newbies, with 2 weeks of training camp experience over vets was insane.    They are not on the field,  rookies are still  "learning" routines.    I have lost all respect for DCC with this ridiculous move.  

• Love 20
25 minutes ago, vlc said:

This would have shown real leadership, common sense & respect for seasoned vets.    Bringing in newbies, with 2 weeks of training camp experience over vets was insane.    They are not on the field,  rookies are still  "learning" routines.    I have lost all respect for DCC with this ridiculous move.  

I lost what teeny amount of respect I had for them when they cut Hannah and Brennan. 

• Love 15