Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

From what I've heard, Jinelle was never the "junk food" type, she always ate healthy.

I think Angela has joked about how easy it was to eat healthy in Australia vs the US...IIRC, she said she went a little nuts trying everything before she got herself back in check.  I read a weight loss memoir that said the same about when she had moved from Australia to the UK. That the fresh fruits and veg were substantially more expensive and harder to get variety. 

These gals aren’t facing a food desert situation, of course, but fast food on every corner doesn’t always help make healthy choices! 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, KG150 said:

I’m sure this was an accident but it’s been up there a while. They haven’t taken it down yet. I laughed a little lol. It looks like Gina!

AB940682-92B6-4A62-AB1D-99411C8AEB5C.jpeg

When you accidentally open your frontcamera lol. It is definetely Gina 😂

• Love 1

Hi! New user and dancer here, and I have A LOT to say.

- Victoria really doesn't deserve all the hate she gets. We're all human. She can't control what she looks like, what her teeth look like, or how her mother decided to parent her. How would you feel if you had pages and pages and PAGESSSSS of people that don't know you personally, attacking your every move, every look, and every picture posted of you? Haven't y'all heard that whatever rude/mean things people say to you, are just the insecurities that they have projected onto you? She seems like such a funny, outgoing girl and sorry but... SHE CAN DANCE. Y'all are just hating to hate and it's quite laughable to see how many of you put so much energy into a show and attacking one single person that y'all don't even know. Guess it's working in Kelli's favor $$$. 

- They did Lily so wrong. To cut her on the last night of training camp in S13, let her on the team last minute in S14, then cut her towards the end of this years training camp is devastating. Kelli and Judy need to seriously re-think the damage they're doing to women's self-esteem.

- Meredith got through because of her looks and I'm sure all of us will agree on that. I'll pin Rachel W on this line as well. Booooooring dancer... But absolutely stunning.

- Yes, Brennan was sweet. Yes, Brennan tried and tried and tried again until she made it and that's quite respectable, but at the end of the day she was not an exciting dancer. In Season 13, Kelli mentioned that they had problems with the S12 team and that Brennan could've made it, so in my opinion, Brennan was supposed to make it the 2018 squad no matter what. Towards the end of Season 13, they were bored of Brennan and IMO Malena should've made it instead of her. Sure, memory mistakes were her weakness, but as far as power and beauty, Malena had it in the bag. 

- Now that a lot of the vets are gone, they're pushing Savvy on us. She must feel so weird. She LOOKS like she's uncomfortable, and probably knows that this is ~her moment~. I'm excited for her. 

I'm sure I'll hop back on here and say much much more. Leave Victoria alone, the universe is going to reward you guys with karma, as it always does. What goes around comes back around. Keep the positive energy. 

3 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Damn, I never knew Holly's kicks were so good, omg. 

Also hate to ask but was she ever on weight warning? This gif doesn't do her many favors

IDK about official “weight watch,” but she was called into the office for weight.  I think they said she looked “bulky” and she cried.  They told her to get back to “bikini ready Holly”

7 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

Man! The Raiderettes look SHARP! Love their uniforms! And the Dolphin cheerleaders! So many WOC, with their beautiful curls! And SHORT hair!

You know Former DCC Mandy Voecks is the Raiderettes director.  She's KILLING it...I wish she'd stayed more than one season.   But she found something bigger and better.....good for her.

• Love 9

So, feeling kind of snarky over this whole team announcement.  To me, there are two groups of people in the DCCCMTT world.  The PT/FB group who follow the team and the people and also watch the show.  And then there are those that just watch the show.  Our first group, we care!  We form feelings and emotions about the girls and the circumstances that cause them to make it or not.  Let those poor girls announce they made it to us and their fam & friends!  That second group, the just watch the show gang, we don't need to hide the spoilers from them.  If they don't care enough to come here or FB, they don't care enough.  If they find out a few spoilers, it won't ruin the show for them or for us.  Let these poor girls announce!!!!!  So the average DCC stay is probably around 2.5 years (I know one of you lovelies has that calculated :)).  The show this season doesn't come out until sometime in October and it will be a short season, so these poor girls will spend half a season or 20% of their DCC career hiding that they are a DCC????  That sucks.  That's mean.  That's stupid.  Kelli, girl, that is immature and RIDICULOUS.  

• Love 18
20 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Screenshot_20200924-103847_Instagram.jpg

Why is she kneeling on the ground?!

Screenshot_20200924-103841_Instagram.jpg

Christmas outfit really? Does this mean she doesn't get the normal photo?

Screenshot_20200924-103837_Instagram.jpg

I'm glad they are using the poms - gives more options for poses.  Might prevent some of those cameos where we are wondering what they were thinking:)  Then again, it is still K&J picking them.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Screenshot_20200924-103847_Instagram.jpg

Why is she kneeling on the ground?!

Screenshot_20200924-103841_Instagram.jpg

Christmas outfit really? Does this mean she doesn't get the normal photo?

Screenshot_20200924-103837_Instagram.jpg

Victoria looks good. Not seeing any quarantine weight gain for her.  And I'm glad they kept Kat's hair one color. That two tone wig was not doing her any favors. I'm please to see they are trying something new by adding the poms. I've had enough of the fingers in belt loop and arm over the head poses. 🙄 I guess it makes sense to shoot the Christmas promo pics now, given its almost October. 

• Love 7

I wondering if they are taking individual photos of the girls in their squad position and then going to photoshop it all together since they can't do a normal squad photo.

Some of these poses are what you see with the squad photo. 

20200924_115657.jpg

• Useful 11
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

I wondering if they are taking individual photos of the girls in their squad position and then going to photoshop it all together since they can't do a normal squad photo.

20200924_115657.jpg

I doubt that. Kelli and Judy are too picky for that. If a girls hair isnt the exact position they want to the whole photo needs to retaken. It is also would be more difficult to place the girls on the sides. + right proportions and etc

5 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I have to say, many of the other NFL cheer squads have come on leaps and bounds in dance technique. Many also offer far more diversity and also have some great social media ideas going about. DCC could actually learn something there! 

Yes! Raderettes are looking good and the Dolphins are Dream Squad right now. Most are too thick for DCC but look so toned and fit to me plus still feminine. Also YAAASSSS for the diversity and some actual fresh moves. Pay attention DCC PTB.

3 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

I actually wondered this too after seeing the resent pics. I really like Cianna. She's adorable and spunky.  But to be honest, she's one of the ladies who's always looked "soft" to me. Even her rookie year. I've always wondered if she was on WW then. 

Oh yea. I remember that episode. Both Holly and Kashara got called out for gaining during TC. Poor Kashara! I'm super glad she made the team and florished, but after the WW and wearing the wrong outfit the first night, I thought for sure Kelli was going to get rid of her. 

Cianna has always looked soft and heavy in the middle to me. Also Kelli wore the wrong outfit herself once so that was all for drama in regards to Kashara. 

48 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Can't forget the armpit poses. Kristin's for example...

wxswawzfjcdxnrf8h1le.jpg

Her figure is not at all flattering there. 

20 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

20200924_115657.jpg

I bet you’re right about a composite pic. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, AYTOfan said:

I doubt that. Kelli and Judy are too picky for that. If a girls hair isnt the exact position they want to the whole photo needs to retaken. It is also would be more difficult to place the girls on the sides. + right proportions and etc

You know what can be done with the right person using just the right apps and programs.

Besides, if K&J were too picky, certain vets would still be on the squad

• Love 7
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don't know Maddie, and have no insider information on this, but I really don't think there's any way she's sticking around for a 6th year.

If there isn’t a Pro Bowl this year, she may hang around for another year. I personally hope she retires. 

52 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

wxswawzfjcdxnrf8h1le.jpg

I hope she doesn’t get this crappy pose again this year. 

22 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

20200924_115657.jpg

Where is the Queen? I cant imagine she will let Judy pick out the photos 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Don't forget about Judy's grand daughter!

• LOL 7
42 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

20200924_115657.jpg

I was just about to ask this!  It looks like that's what they are doing. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jesiklyn said:

20200924_115657.jpg

I think you are exactly right! There are some REALLY talented tech people out there who can seamlessly Photoshop all the girls in together for a nice group photo and noone could tell. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 9/21/2020 at 11:24 PM, abracadabra said:

I really think Victoria did well! Honestly, out of the 5 we could see, my eye was drawn to her. If I have the order right,  Madeline Molloy was totally on her own program at several points! Eek!

First time I have something nice to say about VK. The other girls were late in picking up each dance and very fidgety in between dances. VK was the first on her end to begin the dances and stood very still and in position between dances. Other than that, still prefer her in a mask.

• LOL 18
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Doesn’t judy usually do a lot of the photo choosing for calendars and especially for group photo?

When they have gone behind the calendar shoot, it was K&J, the photographers - that's what they showed in season 7.  Judy usually did the blocking for the group shot, but I can't see Kelli not having a hand in picking the final pics.

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

You know what can be done with the right person using just the right apps and programs.

Besides, if K&J were too picky, certain vets would still be on the squad

All I am saying is that it could very easily go wrong. It would explain why Kat is on her knees tho

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Doesn’t judy usually do a lot of the photo choosing for calendars and especially for group photo?

1 hour ago, Carnival Girl said:

Where is the Queen? I cant imagine she will let Judy pick out the photos 

In season 13 Kelli had to leave, so Jinelle took over helping Judy with the cameos.

Edited by BulaKitty
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

All I am saying is that it could very easily go wrong. It would explain why Kat is on her knees tho

Photographer here! Composites really aren’t that hard if you know how to do them. As long as they got good, clean poses of each of the girls (I’m sure they have MULTIPLE), it’s really just a matter of inserting the “person” and moving them around to symmetrical placement. Each individual cheerleader would be a separate layer, so it’s easy to move any of them as needed just as if they are standing there taking the actual photo. 

The Kardashians do it for their Christmas card every year!

Edited by sugarplum
  • Useful 5
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, AYTOfan said:

Oh God Kat right up front 🙄

While a very pretty girl after her behavior this seems like rewarding rule breaking

• Love 7
On 9/22/2020 at 1:36 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Hahahahaha, OF COURSE the girl who didn't have enough core strength to do one controlled high kick was Victoria!

Why am I not surprised that Victoria STILL cannot kick? One would think that, after at least a year on a squad where kick technique is SO important to Kelli, that Victoria STILL cannot kick.  I guess she hasn't been shown the correct technique or has built up up ANY sort of proper dance technique in the time she was on the squad.

On 9/22/2020 at 6:39 AM, TB12 said:

Ummm I hope TPTB are reading this board bc wow, some improvements desperately need to be made! I understand it was the first time up on the TD decks, however, did they not start practicing up there prior? Crooked lines, everyone starting randomly, wrong moves & honestly what is the point who are they entertaining? They seem to be more of a hindrance up there blocking views of probably very expensive seats. They are doing more harm than good even performing, wow this is NOT the world class team they used to be...

Not only are the touchdown decks not exactly the safest place for the girls (but we've already heard that Kelli doesn't care one whit about the girls' safety), but they're blocking the view of the fans, which are the main reason and funding source for the team.  While it would suck for the girls to not be able to dance, there are better (and safer) places for them to dance.  I would be pissed if I was one of the fans in those seats and I couldn't see the really game because of the cheerleaders being in the way the entire time.

On 9/22/2020 at 7:05 AM, rl27rl said:

To me VK's dancing just looks over the top and s******.  It was so distracting and not in a good way.  I kept waiting for her to fall on her turns like she usually does.

Victoria did look better dancing, but she also looked like she was throwing herself off BECAUSE she was so over-the-top and exaggerating the moves more then she had to.  If she had learned control and precision, I would have been impressed, but she hasn't and I'm not.  I'd almost say that she looks so good because the rookies next to her were so bad.

On 9/22/2020 at 8:12 AM, go4luca said:

Vic dances heavy.  She always has.  She really needs to work on and develop, her core strength.

Yeah, that obviously hasn't changed despite being in Training Camp three times and on the team going on two years.  One would think she would have learned something besides the dances by now, but obviously not.

On 9/22/2020 at 8:37 AM, Jazzhands said:

I agree with this.  Improving her core strength would significantly improve her dancing overall, especially in her preferred lyrical style. 

That said, I thought she looked good yesterday.  There was one kick I noticed that wasn’t great, but I’ve also heard that those decks are really slippery and they’re not used to dancing on them, so she gets a pass from me on that.  I didn’t realize immediately who it was, but I knew it was a veteran.  I thought she looked strong, sharp, confident, and fun to watch — far better than the two rookies next to her and the brunette vet who was the next down the line.  

I thought she was a mess her first season trying out and improved enough to make the team last year but in the bottom half of the group, but I was impressed by the clips from the game that were posted here.  She’s a tall, leggy East Texas blonde with big boobs and a big smile, and her dancing has noticeably improved.  I can’t see her joining the Rockettes or walking the runways in Milan, but selling tons of sideline calendars and posters in her DCC uniform?  Absolutely. She’s basically the DCC Barbie come to life. 

Yes, with the right makeup and hair (which would HAVE to be done by someone else because she doesn't know how to do itself) and actually told/shown how to pose and smile, she would do rather well, but, left to her own devices without the help, she would be her usual over-the-top self.  Granted, she's taken some very pretty pictures as seen on her Instagram so I would hope she would go that route instead of the cheap plastic doll look she often sports.

On 9/22/2020 at 9:05 AM, Lexusprincess said:

I feel for Rachel A.  She should have got a second group leader position. The pod cast in the bubble I thought Rachel A was very well spoken. her dancing has really improved over the years, and she was captain of her squad in college.  She's in her 4th year.  Carolyn and Amber are off traveling during Labor Day weekend.  One gets benched, the other dances, but Rachel A who stays home is not a second leader.  go figure that one.

I also have no problem they did not go with an all vet squad.  Everyone going thru this awful year had hopes things would get better.  Meredith and Lily and Brennan( I like them all I just always saw them as a risk getting cut)  to an extent should not have gotten a pass because they were vets.  If you barely make the team, every year you are going to be at risk.  I like some turnover especially since I believe there is more to life than being a DCC.  I'm still unhappy over Hannah but know that attitude affects lots of peoples jobs and it goes back to she could have opted out of a year.

As to VK, she looks good in her uniform, danced strong, and looks like a vet.  Alora looked like a hot mess but the first game is always rough. These girls had less time in camp and are dancing on what people say is a slick surface.  

I think Rachel A should have gotten a spot over Rachel W., but have we seen or heard anything about either Rachel's leadership potential or is Kelli just wanting to put Rachel W in a position where her looks and credentials could benefit the team the most?  As for Brennan, I don't think she BARELY made the squad every year.  She was solid all three years she auditioned and was a solid blender while she was on the squad.  Christina and several other girls were weaker performers and, if rumors are true several other girls should not have made the squad in the first place, so Brennan's cut (and Hannah's), to me, was simply a matter of Kelli's need for drama and a television show.  Meredith was the one that barely made it and only because she was Kelli's girl-crush.  Victoria does look stronger dancing, but she's still dancing too big and throwing herself off some of the moves which makes her look sloppy.  Being next to two rookies who struggled helps her look better though.

On 9/22/2020 at 4:55 PM, Carnival Girl said:

In my opinion the only reason they held tryouts was to make a TV show. There was no other reason to hold TC in a global pandemic. Kelli & Charlottes greed for money and fame took over. They should have gone with the vets and called it a year. 

Now, it seems Kelli wants her face in front of the camera and her name everywhere she can instead of putting together the best team possible.  She was (and still is) willing to put the girls' safety at risk to put a show together this year.  It seems that the amount of time they actually show the girls doing whatever has decreased and Kelli's on-screen time has increased over the years.  It's almost as if she's said that "I'm the important one here, not them (except for Victoria).  Show more of ME instead of them."

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, perrie97 said:

Wow, Taylor J posted this on her instagram story 😞

8914A4BD-3E08-46E5-B326-DF0D35CEA3BE.png

Whoever said that to ANYONE is a sick, selfish person and I hope they get help.  Sadly, they think that they can say whatever they want because no one will know who they are (unless they would admit to it and I can't see anyone admitting to saying this without repercussions in their real life).

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Jesiklyn said:

Oh God Kat right up front 🙄

While a very pretty girl after her behavior this seems like rewarding rule breaking

I’m guessing if they have her on her knees she’s in that second row after the ones lying down. But you are right. Reward mediocre dancing and time breaking cause she’s pretty! I was Team Kat until this Lake and possible fraternizing mess. 

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Wow thats vile.

I know we can be critical but I would never send something like this to someone, stranger or not. That's disgusting and I hope she reports that person.

Taylor seems lovely and really cares about her kids. She seems to be a good role model in DCC and while not a light your world on fire dancer is a decent blender, which you need some of on the team, and good spokesperson.

I agree, she seems genuine and funny, and seems really passionate about teaching. Would be tough being both a teacher and DCC. I remember in her panel interview she and others were crying about loved ones who had died and she wiped her eyes and said jokingly “Neil, got any jokes for us?”. I really admired her ability to be witty even when upset and bounce back despite going through extremely challenging times.  

• Love 15

WOAH

Feel free also to put me down as a Taylor J. backer. Inexcusable and indefensible comments like that show how sad social media can be. And what’s that about cancer? Man, no ones got time for that horses***. Glad she called that jerk out. 

Keep doing what you’re doing Taylor! Teachers are so so important to students of all ages and I greatly appreciate having one on the current squad! 

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

Wow thats vile.

I know we can be critical but I would never send something like this to someone, stranger or not. That's disgusting and I hope she reports that person.

Taylor seems lovely and really cares about her kids. She seems to be a good role model in DCC and while not a light your world on fire dancer is a decent blender, which you need some of on the team, and good spokesperson.

That is beyond vile.

Clearly someone should have taken their medications. No one reacts like that with a sane mind, and there are enough people with clinical conditions out there.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I’m guessing if they have her on her knees she’s in that second row after the ones lying down. But you are right. Reward mediocre dancing and time breaking cause she’s pretty! I was Team Kat until this Lake and possible fraternizing mess. 

And didn’t she disparage Texans as a whole when she went for her TX drivers license?

• Love 6
On 9/22/2020 at 3:28 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Victoria's mistake with that kick was not due to the decks being slippery. It's completely due to her lack of core strength combined with the bad technique she uses to make up for lack of said core strength. When you do a high kick, your entire torso should stay upright from the top of your head to bottom of your hips. If you look at someone doing a proper high kick from the side, the ONLY thing that moves is the leg. For once, all the Barbie references are apropos because if you held a Barbie doll and just raised her leg, that is exactly what a human dancer should look like when doing a high kick.

But what Victoria did was hunch her upper body over instead of engaging her core to stay upright. That is what caused her supporting leg to be off balance. If she had used proper technique, then her foot would have been in a straight line directly underneath her hips, shoulders, and head. But because she wasn't using core strength and correct technique, she pulled herself off balance. Her shoulders were forward, as was her supporting foot (which should have been right underneath her hips) and that's what caused her to be off balance. It had nothing to do with the deck. It's classic bad kick technique.

As a non-dancer, I really appreciated this detailed explanation. Thanks!!

• Love 16

I just saw the dcc stories and they proved my point regarding masks. There’s no reason to have them dance for hours in these masks (do they even get to change them out on game day??) when they are standing right next to each other for cameo day without wearing masks and in a studio, which most probably isn’t an open space.

• Love 4

Are we really gonna act like DCC is special for not wearing masks 24/7? So many companies do that, it is all for show so it is interesting that DCC gets called out for it

There is nothing wrong with Kat being promoted to the 2nd row. She is beautiful and manh know that. 2017 was Maggie, 2018 was Alexis and 2019 Rachel W. Now it is Kats turn

Edited by AYTOfan
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

I think you are exactly right! There are some REALLY talented tech people out there who can seamlessly Photoshop all the girls in together for a nice group photo and noone could tell. 

Do it the way the Patriots Cheerleaders did on their page.

image.thumb.png.ebe0629333753af868f09e223b82ed49.png

• Useful 5
  • Love 17
12 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

wxswawzfjcdxnrf8h1le.jpg

I detest the over the head armpit shots...I wish they would do away with them.  They had SO many of those poses last season.  I thought Kelli didn't like that  "derrrrr I'm a cheerleader" pose...I know she made some fun of it one season.  Also...this was not a flattering figure photo for Kristin.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

Yup. For my daughter's Volleyball team, they took a group shot with masks on and then took individual shots without masks. The final product is a seamless shot. Definitely can be done. 

Edited by ElenaFR
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

Ummm why are they rewarding Kat with such a prominent place in the squad photo, if that's the intent with her on her knees... If she is fraternizing with a player and a mediocre dancer at best but oh okay she's pretty so sure put her up front regardless that she's making a mockery of your "world class" organization... 

8 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I'm just seeing your response which is almost exactly what I wrote... :-)

• Love 3