Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: What Happened Last Night?

• Start Topic

In the preshow Bennet had on a very dramatic shirt that looked expensive.  He looked very good in it.  He must be spending Amelia money already.  He has great hair and good bone structure.  PJ Dress! 

I love it that everybody is really trying to see the positive and that there is a lot of possible good relationships to come. So far I really like everybody even Brett.  Henry is a bit of a dip or a drip by being so much the person that struggles to just respond to other people. But for now I like him better as super quiet man than to be like his father a dope.  .  I think it's interesting that they all go to the same place and have some interactions with each other Take care being too much pressure on the new marriage.  It really looks like they took them to a nice resort that's going to offer a lot of interesting experiences. Henry my benefit from having new experiences.  Yes, everyone seems to want to give their marriage a good try and want to learn about their new mate.  I'm really enjoying this season and look forward to seeing how things evolve and things the devolve.  I know it can't all turn out right but I'm enjoying the honeymoon period.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Wake up Henry!  This guy needs a few drinks.  It’s Mexico.

Yes, but he has never been out of the country before! I'm "almost" getting the Katie attitude from Christina toward Henry. " I've traveled all over the world and know people all the different countries and you haven't left the US."

It's too early too tell.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Henry is definitely awkward but I wonder how much of that is just because he’s being filmed. I know, as an introverted person, if a camera goes on I’m very uncomfortable,  but then again, he signed up for it. Maybe his friends pressured him and he’s one of those people pleasers. 
I wonder about the dynamic Henry and his father had growing up. That man is obnoxious. Way too hyped up. 

Maybe Amelia and Bennett can compromise by having one biological and one adopted child. They are a quite a bit extra for me but they seem like nice people. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Unfiltered: Bennett, Henry, Cal, JamieO.

Bennett in a Dots and Boxes inspired suit. Has nice white teeth.

Cal called out for doubting Bennett’s casting.

Henry looks every bit like the hospital staff recruiter that he is...dressed appropriately, reassuring eyes, nods when he should speak.
Between Bennett and JamieO he doesn’t get a word in edgewise.
Henry kept removing his wedding band...not so subtle message to the audience?
Henry’s mean gal friend Kristen got discussed...that should make her happy to get attention.
The bearded gnus In Shakespearean veils got their moment, too.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Anyone else besides me not unpack on a 1 week vacation ? ( unless it’s a dress that I need to hang .) I leave my stuff in the suitcase the whole time . 

I have a friend who's a journalist and travels a lot.  He said that, if you're leaving the US, NEVER unpack.  Leave the suitcase on the luggage rack and inspect the legs of the rack several times a day for bed bugs.  If possible, spray an insecticide around the legs.  No matter how nice the resort is, inspect the mattress too.

• Useful 6
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Amelia and Bennett look like characters on a 1970’s scripted tv show . That pajama dress 🤦‍♀️. I’d already be divorced . 

I don’t know why they do unfiltered first.... I can not figure out what Bennet has on. It’s polka dot dress ,has a sequined something on the pleated bodice  and a red/ white/ blue button on. I don’t believe that little box he lives in has closets for dresses. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 5

Henry...*crickets*

Christina silently waiting for Henry...to do or say anything....*crickets*

Their segments will be underwhelming.

Like Woody and Amani came in their wedding clothes to meet Miles and Karen In their wedding garb...so great.

Couples Tooth brushing With BrOlivia.

Karen hugging her pillow wall and coughing....stay away Miles.....

Agree with smacking your food....will run out of the room with my hands over my ears.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

He seems totally indifferent to life . His lack of a personality outshines her terrible personality . 

My gosh, could he be any more lethargic? What a lump! They are so awkward together. I don't like how Christina thinks she's oh so worldly and she's going to teach Henry all things travel-related. She's bragging at the family brunch about traveling first class so I cackled when I saw her sitting in coach with the rest of the poor schlubs.

• LOL 17
  • Love 3

We have already talked about how pretty Karen and her mother are...I just want to add that her nephew is adorable.

Amelia’s brother is also kinda cute.

Bennett is actually pretty good looking if you are into his type. Nice tan, teeth, and bone structure. He was rocking that Dr. Huxtable sweater.

That night dress is NOT a panty dropper.

I am really digging the vibe this season. I always thought NOLA had some of the nicest people in the country. Even villain Brett acted nicely.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I hate that they have brunch with the in-laws the day after the wedding. The wedding day is probably the most stressful of their lives, why put them in another stressful situation right away? (Other than for the drama of the show I suppose.) The questions that are being asked by the families like religion and whether they want children should be discussed between the spouses before the families. 

I believe in the past they sent the couple out for brunch with some friends/family - but as a couple.  (Which meant that one family member had to take the role of the asshole who asked, "Did you consummate the marriage?" 

3 hours ago, ShowFan said:

Yep. That’s mine and my husband’s view too. Child free by choice - the world is overloaded with humans and we don’t want to contribute anything more to that burden. 

I guess you and your husband weren't matched by experts then 😄   I know Bennet and Amelia are both "quirky", but when one person has always wanted to have kids and the other is ethically opposed to having them - I'm no expert, but I'd say that beats "they're both quirky" .  Of course, I've never seen the inside of their (or your!) underwear drawer, so that could change the outcome of so many things . . .

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

That 180 by Bennett on the kid issue made the whole thing seem staged.

I thought the way his sister brought it up was weird to begin with. It was a total non sequitur just on the word "kid," like she was just waiting for the slightest opportunity to spring it on Amelia. I didn't get that sense from Bennett though (and thought his explanation was sincere), so I think his sister was just completely hamfisted about it and maybe did it on her own.

Aside from Henry and Christina being uncomfortable to watch (though Christina was better than last week), I'm liking this group much better than last season thus far. Even Brett hasn't been as bad as I thought he'd be (yet). I think he genuinely likes Olivia as a person, but I have no sense yet about whether he is attracted to her.

I adore Miles, and Miles and Karen together. So glad she seems to have gotten over her pre-wedding freakout.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Brett's comments about Olivia feel forced to me.

I didn't get that feeling surprisingly, and I watched him real closely.  He seemed genuinely happy with the experts' choice for him.  And he was honest with Olivia's parents about his attitude towards religion.  Considering how strongly some people feel about the subject, his answer could have created a very tense atmosphere.  But surprisingly, he said they had already talked about it and Olivia was OK with him being agnostic.  I'm wondering if her ambivalent feelings about children will be a problem.  Olivia is already 30 and Brett a few years older.  She wants to wait a few years before trying, if at all?  Hope he's on the same page with her about that.  The experts can ignore some things when trying to match people up, but if one spouse wants kids and the other doesn't, that is a deal breaker.

I know I'm going to get reamed for this, but IMO Olivia could have put a little more thought into her choice of attire for her honeymoon night.  Even though they weren't planning to have sex, her pajama selection was just blah.  Amani wore a simple pink (I think) full slip, and it was very attractive.   

Nothing attractive about yet more air time for Brett's obnoxious brothers.  He has a sister too.  Why can't we see her for once?  And Henry's pop....what an a-hole.  Please, show....no more of these loathsome relatives.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Henry’s wife (Christina ?) when saying what she likes about HIM...he has really cool friends.

Oh lord this is a nightmare already. Awkward!

They are both so off the wall, very difficult to read them individually and even more so as a couple.  They are doing better than I expected ~ I think 🤔

• Love 5
4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

That 180 by Bennett on the kid issue made the whole thing seem staged.🤨🙄

lol maybe he is more willing to compromise now that he’s married 😍

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Anyone else besides me not unpack on a 1 week vacation ? ( unless it’s a dress that I need to hang .) I leave my stuff in the suitcase the whole time . 

Me! I leave my clothes in the suitcase. And for all you fussbudgets and germaphobes, I stuff my shoes in sideways or upside down on top. No shoe bags. Oh the horror!

Henry should not be on this show. How the hell was someone this boring cast? He is almost mute. Or is he a robot? Zero personality. I actually thought Cristina was trying to get something, ANYTHING! from him, but he almost always answers with yes or no and little elaboration while staring down. if she didn’t talk, it would be complete silence. It’s almost frustrating watching him - I keep waiting for some sign of life, but so far, nothing......This one is DOA......

I guffawed at Bennett’s dress. I can’t help it, I love their interactions. Ditto Woody and Amani. They are still my favorites. Her calling him on the smacking and “heavy flirting” (“I’m not mad at it” ha!). I love her. Good for Woody for getting therapy. I hope this lasts. I’m going to be so bummed if it goes sideways with them.

Waiting for the shoe to drop with Poor Olivia. This can’t last, right? Brett will be showing his true colors soon enough. And where did he get that old timey suitcase? I guess he doesn’t need a rolling one because his muscles are so big???

So far, Miles and Karen are boring to me. I did like her hat. They will probably stay married and have minimal drama. They are here to bolster the success rate.....

Just think, by this point last season, Meka was already pissed at Michael and sleeping in a separate room. It’s already a better season!

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
45 minutes ago, JapMo said:

I didn't get that feeling surprisingly, and I watched him real closely.  He seemed genuinely happy with the experts' choice for him. 

Why wouldn’t he be? Someone who dates that many people is probably not that picky. At the very least, he appreciates that she is a nice person. But I don’t think this leopard is going to change his spots any time soon. I still predict heartbreak for our 70 and Sunny Gal.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Just think, by this point last season, Meka was already pissed at Michael and sleeping in a separate room. It’s already a better season!

Yes! I was just glad that there were no angry couples before they even got off the plane this time. I was about to say that I hope these feelings continue, but this is only the honeymoon.  I'm sure things will start to break down some as the couples interact and get to know each other better.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, princelina said:

I guess you and your husband weren't matched by experts then

Nope, matched ourselves over 23 years ago. Experts would NEVER have matches us

Of course, I've never seen the inside of their (or your!) underwear drawer, so that could change the outcome of so many things . . .

All neatly Marie Kondo folded - both of us fold that way, although I’d say my folding is tighter than his

I know Bennet and Amelia are both "quirky", but when one person has always wanted to have kids and the other is ethically opposed to having them - I'm no expert, but I'd say that beats "they're both quirky" . 

Absolutely agree - a couple has to have the same feelings about wanting/not wanting kids and that is a prime compatibility factor 

• Love 5

I watched too much Hotel Nightmares to ever put my stuff in a drawer at a hotel.  Packing cubes for the win!  But I do hang my clothes up in the closet. 
Hubby and I thought Bennet was wearing a robe on Unfiltered.  Bennet has a really attractive face.  He’s coming off much more deep and well-spoken than in his intro....he seemed like a dolt to me in the beginning. 
I feel like Henry’s dad has been “teasing” Henry since he was a kid, driving Henry back further into his shell.  “Teasing” isn’t the right word, nor is “mocking.”  
Loving Woody and Amani. 
ETA did Brett have a black eye at the morning brunch?  His right eye. 
Oh and....they blurred out Bennet and Amelia’s Corona but not Henry’s. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, MyTwoCents said:

Henry is painful to watch. I would rather stab myself with a fork than have to sit and not listen to him. And constant one-word answers would make me wanna scream.

If his new wife ( already forgot her name) was smart, she’d see he is very nervous, and try to get him out of his shell.  Other than his shyness, he seems like a good guy.  That’s “if she’s interested”.

• Love 12

Amani is gorgeous when she does her own makeup and looks more natural.  I really like her personality too.

When Bennett was in his dress and goes “I’m a carrot” I was terrified he was going to turn to Amelia and say “And you’re my future skin suit” afterwards.  It was a little too weird for me.

Traveling, luggage and bedbugs: NEVER put luggage under the bed.  If you are concerned it is best to not unpack and put your luggage in the bathtub.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Going out on a limb here, but I liked Brett this episode, and I liked the way Olivia told him his brothers were mean to her at brunch. I think she might understand their sarcastic wit.  LOL. 

Edited by cardigirl
Rules are rules. :)
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, ShowFan said:

Nope, matched ourselves over 23 years ago. Experts would NEVER have matches us

All neatly Marie Kondo folded - both of us fold that way, although I’d say my folding is tighter than his

Absolutely agree - a couple has to have the same feelings about wanting/not wanting kids and that is a prime compatibility factor 

I don’t care what the experts or anyone else says about marriage.  If you know the person for two minutes or two years, you still don’t know them until you live together.  Then all the quirks come out.  Good or bad.  After one year of marriage, I said to myself “ is this it”? Meanwhile, we’ve been married forever.  Plus, these couples missed the thrill of courtship, where you can’t get enough of each other.  It’s the best time in your life, I think anyhow.  I still reminisce about those days .. so romantic.  Corny, I know, lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

Amani is gorgeous when she does her own makeup and looks more natural.  I really like her personality too.

When Bennett was in his dress and goes “I’m a carrot” I was terrified he was going to turn to Amelia and say “And you’re my future skin suit” afterwards.  It was a little too weird for me.

Traveling, luggage and bedbugs: NEVER put luggage under the bed.  If you are concerned it is best to not unpack and put your luggage in the bathtub.  

Yep .. good advice.  My niece took home a scorpion in her luggage.  I don’t unpack and close the zipper, then put it on one of those luggage racks.  I only hang dresses and the husbands jacket.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Olivia doesn't want kids and Brett does. Isn't that one of the first qualifying questions these experts should ask? Olivia is confusing me because she told his parents she didn't want kids right away and wasn't sure if she was ever going to want them, then she told Brett she does not want kids. 

Oh, boy. I can't imagine how boring Henry must be in the sack. Although, my ex was a quiet guy and was dynamite in the sack. Certainly was not the reason we divorced! 😁 Maybe there is hope for Henry. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, MyTwoCents said:

Henry is painful to watch. I would rather stab myself with a fork than have to sit and not listen to him. And constant one-word answers would make me wanna scream.

Henry is a lump on a log.  He's the type of person who, if you're married to him, you'd have to do all the work and he'd just sit there.

UO, I love Henry's dad.  

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Yep .. good advice.  My niece took home a scorpion in her luggage.  I don’t unpack and close the zipper, then put it on one of those luggage racks.  I only hang dresses and the husbands jacket.

I brought home a snake one time. A baby snake, but still a snake and I'm near phobic. I discovered it when it came slithering down the stairs at me. I didn't sleep for days.

I have questions about Karen's hair (white woman here with standard issue white lady hair). I LOVED her braids. How long would it take for her to have those put in? I'm guessing she didn't do it herself but went somewhere to have them done. So the order of the day (after her wedding) was breakfast with Miles, brunch with her new in-laws then some time at a salon getting honeymoon hair? In addition to looking awesome would it also be pretty low maintenance on vacation where it would be getting wet all the time?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

A few comments. . . I was going to ask why the cans Amelia and Bennet had were blurred, but someone upthread said they were Corona, so thanks.

I THINK Amani likes Woody, but her voice makes me nuts, plus I have NO idea what Woody was saying when he did that TH. I understood "journal," "airport", and "just keep on doing what I'm doing." That's it.  So Amani will take a bath with him, but no sex. 

I am really liking Karen and think that Miles is great. He and Bennett, to me, are the best looking. With Bennett, it is probably his hair, but in some shots he is really handsome. Not a fan of the fashion or sleep dresses. Amelia seems happy and her mouth wasn't so gapey this time. I think they will be fine. And if she wants to have a baby, he will capitulate.

I hope it was the dorky music and editing, but I agree that watching Henry and Christina is awkward and awful. She seems to have made him her project now since, I am not sure if you picked this up, but, apparently, he has never left the country and she has been everywhere.

I like Olivia, but I hope she doesn't turn into an Iris with her rules when they get home. Brett seems like he won't need much incentive to bail, even though he seems OK now. Merging spoiled pets will be interesting.

I also agree with many who said the forced individual in-law meetings were a bit much this soon. And I still don't like Henry's dad and think that his "teasing" is bordering on verbal abuse since Henry doesn't like it and it is cruel, not funny.

Those vacation shots look gorgeous. I am glad that Woody and Amani stopped by Miles' and Karen's room to say hi, but I hope they have alone time. I think they will.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Henry’s wife (Christina ?) when saying what she likes about HIM...he has really cool friends.

And then they cut to the Mean Girls saying nasty things about her. Not saying they're wrong, just sayin' is all. I would not have expected them to be the trainwreck couple of the season after the first episode, and it could still all change, but damn. I cringe just watching them on my screen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, MyTwoCents said:

His scenes seem choppy to me, like they've edited out some of his conversation. I have no doubt he's quieter, nervous, etc, but he may not be as quiet as they made him seem. They're pushing the 'awkward' thing with him big time. From the previews it sounds like he doesn't trust her, so things may change as we go along.

12 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I don’t know why they do unfiltered first.... I can not figure out what Bennet has on. It’s polka dot dress ,has a sequined something on the pleated notice and a red/ white/ blue button on. I don’t believe that little box he lives in has closets for dresses. 

Henry looked well put together; Bennett's outfit looked like expensive pajamas.

10 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Olivia gave Brett his off ramp...She is not sure about wanting kids.

9 hours ago, JapMo said:

I didn't get that feeling surprisingly, and I watched him real closely.  He seemed genuinely happy with the experts' choice for him.  And he was honest with Olivia's parents about his attitude towards religion.  Considering how strongly some people feel about the subject, his answer could have created a very tense atmosphere.  But surprisingly, he said they had already talked about it and Olivia was OK with him being agnostic.  I'm wondering if her ambivalent feelings about children will be a problem.  Olivia is already 30 and Brett a few years older.  She wants to wait a few years before trying, if at all?  Hope he's on the same page with her about that.  The experts can ignore some things when trying to match people up, but if one spouse wants kids and the other doesn't, that is a deal breaker.

Yeah, I still think he's trying too hard. Something's not quite right or maybe I just don't trust him because of what I've seen so far & how Olivia acted on Unfiltered - (unhappy!).

29 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I loved Karen and Amani's vacation hair.  Beautiful.  

My no set pattern fine, messy curls are jealous of their protective styles. I'd almost risk cultural appropriation but there's no way I could pull it off. They look lovely.

Karen has stand offish vibes toward Miles, but I'm gonna say now (based on nothing) that I think their shtick is BS & they are fine & will be fine.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Geez, Bennett sit at the table with your in-laws like an adult not like a five year old with your foot up on the chair

(Hoping this connects with my last post because I'm still not sure how to do that) ... the funny thing is that there's a wide shot of him and Amelia sitting across from each other at an outdoor table where they are BOTH sitting exactly like that and I cracked up because that's also how I sit ... I know that they are, to say the least, quirky but I REALLY hope they make it. I absolutely love both of them. ... But I think I know the show well enough to worry about whatever roadblock the show throws at them. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, ShowFan said:

I think THE WORLD of Bennett’s view on having biological children! Absolutely my view!

YES OLIVIA! No suitcase on the bed, no shoes inside, no shoes on the bed! Aleluya 

Unfortunately, her rule didn't last long and Brett called her on it!

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Bennett’s mom...is she, okay? 

Bennett believes, per his sister, that It’s unethical to have children? What the hell is that?! The parents didn’t seem to be aware of that line of thinking.

Yeah, and why is his sister putting that out there? That discussion that should be between Bennett and Amelia. Sister was throwing him under the bus before the first 24 hours of marriage. Fortunately, B & A were on the same page and quickly resolved it. They are two of the most mature people ever cast on this show.

Edited by LaLaLaLa
Punctuation
  • Love 13

I think Henry is getting a bad edit.

Maybe he isn't the best personality for this show and that could have been exactly why they picked him.  Was he casted for the "nice guy" role after the hot mess of Brandon and Michael?  I don't trust the producers. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
14 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Henry’s Dad really loves bring on TV. Henry definitely did not inherit his personality from Dad. 

Perhaps Henry was cast just to have segments with his dad. As others have mentioned, every scene with Henry is an absolute cringe-fest. And I'm still not convinced he likes women.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, OnTime said:

I think Henry is getting a bad edit.

Maybe he isn't the best personality for this show and that could have been exactly why they picked him.  Was he casted for the "nice guy" role after the hot mess of Brandon and Michael?  I don't trust the producers. 

I agree that casting probably knew he would be good awkward TV but he is not nice. A nice person would make Christina feel comfortable. Yet she is the one getting the edit to make her appear rude while making every effort (to this point) to make Henry feel comfortable. I just don't see how Henry is a nice guy. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I brought home a snake one time. A baby snake, but still a snake and I'm near phobic. I discovered it when it came slithering down the stairs at me. I didn't sleep for days.

I have questions about Karen's hair (white woman here with standard issue white lady hair). I LOVED her braids. How long would it take for her to have those put in? I'm guessing she didn't do it herself but went somewhere to have them done. So the order of the day (after her wedding) was breakfast with Miles, brunch with her new in-laws then some time at a salon getting honeymoon hair? In addition to looking awesome would it also be pretty low maintenance on vacation where it would be getting wet all the time?

Yep, it stays in for a week if you want.  Low maintenance.  My girls get it done every time they go to Jamaica or Cancoon.  They also get colored beads put in here and there.  I love that look, besides I think Karen is gorgeous.  He is too.  P.s. I hate snakes too.  I live in the woods and it’s been known garden snakes have come into the homes.  I think I would have a heart attack.  I’d run out and go to a hotel until it was found.  Last year, I got bit by a little spider and got cellulitis and wound up in hospital for 8 days on penicillin.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Bubbacat said:

I think what it means is that Bennett believes it's wrong (or "unethical") to bring more children into an overpopulated world while there are other children looking for homes. Not saying it's right or wrong. Just one way to look at it. I know some people who feel exactly that way.

Of course, I could be totally wrong and he could mean something else entirely.

I thought he pretty much said that was the reason.

• Love 1

I think Bennet and Amelia look like brother and sister. FWIW Bennet, population is the US has been going down for awhile although adoption is always needed too.

I hated Christina throwing it in Henry’s face that he hasn’t left the country before. There are lots of reasons why people can’t or won’t travel mostly financial . I have a friend who never stops bringing up that she lived in France for two years and studied at the Sorbonne, I point out to her that most of us just didn’t have that kind of money. 

• Love 17