Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: What Happened Last Night?

• Start Topic

Now that all five couples have been "Married at First Sight," it's time for them to spend their first night together as husband and wife; before setting off for the honeymoons, the couples have to meet individually with their new in-laws.

Airs August 5, 2020.

3 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

YES OLIVIA! No suitcase on the bed, no shoes inside, no shoes on the bed! Aleluya 

The final test...will she put her shoes in plastic bags before she packs them in her suitcase...I'm thinking she will....fingers crossed

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Karen really bounced back, she was so exhausted she couldn’t take her dress off, coughing and sore throat. I like Miles Mom. 
Geez, Bennett sit at the table with your in-laws like an adult not like a five year old with your foot up on the chair. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I love Woody! His vibe is life!

Christina and Henry are mismatched. He seems totally indifferent to her. 

He seems totally indifferent to life . His lack of a personality outshines her terrible personality . 

• LOL 7
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

Bennett’s mom...is she, okay? 

Bennett believes, per his sister, that It’s unethical to have children? What the hell is that?! The parents didn’t seem to be aware of that line of thinking.

Curious to hear Bennett’s reasoning, as I’ve heard a few different approaches to this take on biological children.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 4
Just now, Empress1 said:

Curious to hear Bennett’s reasoning, as I’ve heard a few different approaches to this take on biological children.

I think what it means is that Bennett believes it's wrong (or "unethical") to bring more children into an overpopulated world while there are other children looking for homes. Not saying it's right or wrong. Just one way to look at it. I know some people who feel exactly that way.

Of course, I could be totally wrong and he could mean something else entirely.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Oh shit!. Whew I think I just slipped into a coma listening to Henry. Better fast forward the rest of the time he's on.

It is called twilight sleep....your eyes are open but your brain zzzzzzzzzz

Henry probably has that effect on lots of people.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I’ve heard it before that having biological children is “ unethical “, but that just sounds ridiculous to me . I think it’s great if someone prefers to adopt and there are plenty of people who feel that way, but wanting biological children of your own is perfectly fine too . Some people do both . 

• Love 17
17 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Henry’s Dad really loves bring on TV. Henry definitely did not inherit his personality from Dad. 

Maybe Henry never learned how to talk to people because his dad never stopped talking. 

8 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

Haven't read the comments but... Henry's dad seems like an asshole.  If you want to tell mean, embarrassing stories, tell them about yourself. 

I think Henry's dad is just joking and trying to be funny, but yeah, Henry being the butt of every joke is asshole behavior. Christina actually seemed to take him pretty well. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 18

I really cannot with this pajama dress. It is an instant drier-upper.

I love that the two Black women got protective styles before the vacation.

Edited by Empress1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 20

I'm surprised to find myself really liking Woody. He and Amani are very cute together. "Don't be that person."

I keep forgetting about Olivia and Brett. I even forgot Brett's name until they showed it on screen.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

These parents really express their love for their children.  Brett seems positively different than we expected.  Henry's father is an idiot.  Christina is more open than I thought she would be.  Henry is very quiet in the edit.  Maybe Christina can find the value in a man that doesn't want to dominate her.  Henry seems to be willing to let her have the lead and she can show him the world.  Love Amelia's reaction to Bennet's mustard yellow dress.  

Edited by Kira53
I need to remember to proofread.
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

It is called twilight sleep....your eyes are open but your brain zzzzzzzzzz

Henry probably has that effect on lots of people.

Wow, I think I just had that for my eye surgeries.  I was awake, but didn’t feel anything.  Weird.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Bubbacat said:

I think what it means is that Bennett believes it's wrong (or "unethical") to bring more children into an overpopulated world while there are other children looking for homes.

Yep. That’s mine and my husband’s view too. Child free by choice - the world is overloaded with humans and we don’t want to contribute anything more to that burden. 

3 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

That pajama dress 🤦‍♀️. I’d already be divorced . 

And it had a stain..

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I'm not really appreciating this treatment on Henry. Dad is a bit too rough with his jokes, but I think he's just a bit too introverted for this show. I don't think Hentina is down for the count yet.

Edited by Myrtle Urkele
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

The final test...will she put her shoes in plastic bags before she packs them in her suitcase...I'm thinking she will....fingers crossed

Then I’m marrying her if that doesn’t work out! Except, better not be plastic bags. There are washable cloth bags for shoes that are better for the environment. We have loads of those. I’d die before I pack shoes that aren’t in their own bags 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

And it had a stain..

The stain on his knee skeeved me too. Hope it was water from when he brushed his teeth or showered.

15 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Wake up Henry!  This guy needs a few drinks.  It’s Mexico.

Please put Red Bull in those alcoholic drinks....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Anyone else besides me not unpack on a 1 week vacation ? ( unless it’s a dress that I need to hang .) I leave my stuff in the suitcase the whole time . 

Me, too.

I use packing cubes so everything is in its place in my Away.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I do like Bennett and Amelia because they remind me of my geeky high school friends. Of course, I graduated in the late '70s, so . . .

But it really does feel like they're both trying WAY too hard to be quirky and "different." Dial it back, guys.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Anyone else besides me not unpack on a 1 week vacation ? ( unless it’s a dress that I need to hang .) I leave my stuff in the suitcase the whole time . 

Me too.  It’s only shorts and tops.  Toiletries in the bathroom.

• Love 5

Henry needs to drink more of that Mezcal, maybe loosen him up more. I kind of feel sorry for him, he doesn’t seem right for this show. Christina should have been matched with someone more worldly and traveled. Nice job ‘experts’. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

Then I’m marrying her if that doesn’t work out! Except, better not be plastic bags. There are washable cloth bags for shoes that are better for the environment. We have loads of those. I’d die before I pack shoes that aren’t in their own bags 

I can't expect the average vacationer to have shoe bags...but yes, washable cloth ones are good.

PackAll has a water resistant shoe bag that I gave out  last Christmas. It comes in different colors. It got raves.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Anyone else besides me not unpack on a 1 week vacation ? ( unless it’s a dress that I need to hang .) I leave my stuff in the suitcase the whole time

I fully unpack even if I’m at a hotel for one night. Unless I arrive at midnight and leave at 6 am ..like airport hotel when you miss a flight, I am fully unpacking. Things folded in drawers, suitcases put away, everything tidy!

• Love 11