Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Seeds Of Discontent

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Remind me why Kalani married Asuleu again?

. . . and slept with him in the first place.

Need therapy from seeing Clot Colt dance and image of Kalani and this Big Baby having sex.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, mamadrama said:

This Kentuckian likes Mother Paul and is fine with her as our ambassador this week. In an episode full of Colter's sexy dancing, Asuelu's sexism, Libby's family's ignorance, and Larissa's Joker-worthy mouth, Mother Paul screaming about what an idiot he was was IMO one of the more understandable moments of the show.

I'm sure Larissa is getting those for free in return for exposure.

Hey, MamaDrama!  I didn't know you were from the Bluegrass!  (My family is all from there and I graduated from UK) and I hate it when my people are made to look like a bunch of hicks.  I would love to know Paul's backstory.  What happened that she is so adamant that he not move in even temporarily and mooch off of her any more?  I didn't watch the show when he was on the Before episodes. 

• Love 2

I can picture Asuelo's Samoan high school senior play, "Of Mice and Men," he of course would play Lennie, anyone else see that possibility?  Kalani must be able to see something behind those vacant eyes that we do not.  Also, when they were at the doctor's office did we see Kalani breast feeding the older child?

It always makes me wonder why the Tania's, Kalani's and the others go to great lengths to find men that add nothing to their lives, how could they get married knowing full well that they will have to do all the heavy lifting in the marriage, that K1 process is expensive and lengthy and the men they have chosen are not worth the money or the wait.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

It is okay, @Normades!  Native Minnesota gal here, and winter can be up to six months of the year.  Dragging a dress across a salted parking lot?  Nope.  Having a snowstorm and people can't/won't come or are afraid to drive?  Pass.  The snow IS beautiful....the next day, lol!  Or your winter wedding may be in a cold snap - we had a week in January 2019 where schools were closed for a week - it was that way across most of the midwest so we were not alone.

I'm from Massachusetts, I remember years ago we had a horrific winter and ice storms in February, followed by record cold. Ice six inches thick everywhere. There was a feature on the local news about a couple who went ahead with their Valentine's Day wedding as planned--and hardly any of their guests made it. They interviewed the couple and the bride was a great sport, she was happy, said she'd always wanted a winter wedding and oh well. A winter wedding is always a risk!

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Considering she is shaped like a cello her options were limited.

She has a very pretty face and can lose weight.  However, with regard to him, you can’t fix stupid.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
27 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm from Massachusetts, I remember years ago we had a horrific winter and ice storms in February, followed by record cold. Ice six inches thick everywhere. There was a feature on the local news about a couple who went ahead with their Valentine's Day wedding as planned--and hardly any of their guests made it. They interviewed the couple and the bride was a great sport, she was happy, said she'd always wanted a winter wedding and oh well. A winter wedding is always a risk!

Yes, and to be off topic:  We had a record breaking snowstorm on in December 2010 - it collapsed the Metrodome and the Vikings/Giants game had to played the following Monday in Detroit!  A couple on FB said only 15 out of 125 people came - but oh well!

50 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Plenty of women with Kalani's shape marry men who're aren't overgrown babies.  

I 100% agree - Kalani may have her faults but body shaming her is not needed nor welcome.  Lots of men like some meat on the bones.  

• Love 14
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

And how much do we think that house is worth?  Does she own it outright?  

HIghly doubtful that she owns it outright, but let's pretend she does:  50% goes to Michael, then the remaining 50% is divided up between the grandkids (just skip your daughters, that will go over well, too!) so each minor child gets 8.3%.  I say this not as I don't want Michael to own anything, it is getting seven people to decide on ANYTHING.....well good luck.  Plus they are little kids!!!

I will say this:  her lawyer was 100% correct in saying this has to be discussed and WRITTEN DOWN.  Writing down your wishes is the best love letter you will ever write to your family.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

are you into philanthropy? what kind of question is that?

Especially when you use such a "big word" with someone whose English is limited. He might as well as been asking her if she was into "necromancy" or "pugilism". Like I said earlier, Larissa should have just smiled and admitted she didn't know what that word meant and it would have made pretentious Don, Jr. look like an even bigger douche canoe. 

• Love 6

I'm calling BS on Andreiiii's insistence on having Eleanor's baptism in his Moldovan church. Babies are not "Christened into" a particular denomination, they are just baptized as Christians. As a baby, I was baptized in the Methodist church but converted to Catholicism 25 years ago. I didn't have to be Christened again, as the priest explained that it didn't matter what denomination baptizes you, it's a one time event. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I was a little tipsy last night during live chat so I feel like I missed a lot. (Darn hot weather and cold wine!)

Once the saleswoman put that shawl on Libby, I thought she looked like Mamie Eisenhower all dressed up and ready to meet the Queen. Her sisters are the worst! This second wedding is for Andrei's family, not Libby's!

Does anyone else think that Larissa is reading phonetically from cue cards during her talking head segments?

All the joy has drained from poor Karine's eyes. I feel so bad for her. I think she has a real ally in Paul's mom, though. Better late than never to realize you've spawned an idiot.

FIrst off - good for you with the wine.  One needs it during this show.  Libby's first tactical error was taking the Coven and Mother Coven dress shopping with her.  Don't take Annnnnndrei, he will be a buzzkill, too.  Take one (ONE!) girlfriend and leave the baby home with SAHD Annnnnndrei. 

I do agree that all the joy is gone from Karine's eyes.  I want her to get that thing that goes into your arm and prevents pregnancy for five years, stash away cash secretly and leave Paul.  I am not a fan of split homes, but Paul is WEIRD, and not a goofy "Dad Joke" kinda way.  Scary, weird, planning something nafarious kinda way.  And frankly, I am sure she loves Pierre, but Paul's mom will probably help her to get back to Brazil!  When your own mom calls you weird and irritating, that is a sign, my friend!

1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

. and slept with him in the first place.

and got pregnant.....TWICE?

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I'm calling BS on Andreiiii's insistence on having Eleanor's baptism in his Moldovan church. Babies are not "Christened into" a particular denomination, they are just baptized as Christians. As a baby, I was baptized in the Methodist church but converted to Catholicism 25 years ago. I didn't have to be Christened again, as the priest explained that it didn't matter what denomination baptizes you, it's a one time event. 

You must be baptized in the Orthodox Church to be an Orthodox Christian and to receive the sacraments.  A non-Orthodox Christian must be baptized in the Holy Trinity to marry an Orthodox Christian in the Orthodox Church. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

that's Sister-in-Law, Megan, married to Libby's brother. I've said it before, she has way too many opinions and influence for an in-law. 

I thought she was a sister in law.  She is the one who busted out laughing at the party when Andrei said no one offered him a plate.  She should STFU, she is trying to hard to get on the good side of the evil sisters.  I don't like any of them Libby, Andrei or her family.  TLC is probably paying for the wedding so they can film it.  Kalani and Asuelo need to call this thing.  He wants to be back in Samoa living the life he loves.  Why does she want to spend her life with a man child who she is forcing into a life he does not want.  Larissa should just mind her own business.  I know Colt is weird and is no prize package but she is was angel.  She is a violent demanding diva who deserted her children for love of money and a better life for herself, she was never going to bring her children to America.   Too bad Coltee didn't have any because if he did she would be putting up with fatty and his mommy.  Syngin and Tania are disgusting.  All they do is drink and flop around.  They both have problems.  

• Love 9

Perhaps someone can tell me what Kalani sees in Asuelu, because I’d like to know.

I don’t understand why Paul’s mom is being labeled abusive for calling him an “idiot”.  She knows him better than anyone. Which is why she doesn’t want him in her home. And besides, she was just stating a fact. 

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I can picture Asuelo's Samoan high school senior play, "Of Mice and Men," he of course would play Lennie, anyone else see that possibility?  Kalani must be able to see something behind those vacant eyes that we do not.  Also, when they were at the doctor's office did we see Kalani breast feeding the older child?

It always makes me wonder why the Tania's, Kalani's and the others go to great lengths to find men that add nothing to their lives, how could they get married knowing full well that they will have to do all the heavy lifting in the marriage, that K1 process is expensive and lengthy and the men they have chosen are not worth the money or the wait.

LOL, kalani had two children with the village idiot and Tania wanted to immediately make babies with the town drunk.  

Damn ladies, do better. 

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 8
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Perhaps someone can tell me what Kalani sees in Asuelu, because I’d like to know.

I don’t understand why Paul’s mom is being labeled abusive for calling him an “idiot”.  She knows him better than anyone. Which is why she doesn’t want him in her home. And besides, she was just stating a fact. 

Yes, thank you.  I have the TLC on right now and it has the 90 Day Fiance from when Kalani and Asuelu are on it, and nothing has changed except that they have TWO kids now instead of one.  She was complaining about having two kids at home---Oliver and Asuelu.  He brother is supposed to watch him interact with the baby to report back to Kalani because she doesn't trust Asuelu alone with the baby.  Hello---Red Banners, anyone??  Not just flags...banners. Waving wildly in the wind.  Gesesh. 

After reading all of your responses, I am starting to like Momma Paul a little more.  I need more back story on them. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My parents were married in January and there was a blizzard so many guests did not make it.  Plus it means your anniversary will always be in winter.  I guess it’s easier to book though because leas demand.

1 hour ago, Kid said:

She has a very pretty face and can lose weight.  However, with regard to him, you can’t fix stupid.

She could but people typically gain weight as they age and she does not seem to have a high metabolism lol.  He is chunky too.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why can't Asuelo tell his family that they don't have enough money to take care of themselves, that he is only working part time and that they are living with the in laws and he needs to feed his kids before anyone else?  Why can't he say that?

I think there is something wrong with him mentally.  He thinks and acts like a 10 year old.  He needs to tell her these things.  Does the sister think he is rolling in money?  

I have been watching the 90DF episodes from their first season and she even says that she thinks he acts like a child.  Also they keep calling each other "baby" and OMG it is like nails on a chalkboard.  "Baby" "Yeah baby" "Hey baby"  Uuughhh

They moved into the parent's vacation house before they got married, but now the whole family lives in this house full time?  Did they have to sell their main house?  

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Remind me why Kalani married Asuleu again?

I am trying to figure that out, too.  I think she is also trying to figure it out.  It's weird when she tries to smile at him and get flirty with him, giggling and batting her eyelashes at him - it is so fake!

It is funny to me how she tries to act like a Kardashian (the voice, the hair petting).  I think that she thinks she looks like one, so she plays it up.  But she looks like (even more of) an idiot.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yes, and to be off topic:  We had a record breaking snowstorm on in December 2010 - it collapsed the Metrodome and the Vikings/Giants game had to played the following Monday in Detroit!  A couple on FB said only 15 out of 125 people came - but oh well!

I 100% agree - Kalani may have her faults but body shaming her is not needed nor welcome.  Lots of men like some meat on the bones.  

I don’t think it’s body shaming to point out that many men prefer a reasonably fit woman.  

5 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I think there is something wrong with him mentally.  He thinks and acts like a 10 year old.  He needs to tell her these things.  Does the sister think he is rolling in money?  

Of course she does! He is living in America! Land of the wealthy. Everybody that lives here is rolling in money! These people really need to do their homework. As for Asuelu, he fell in to a bucket of butter. Kalani's dad appears to be quite well off and has financed her entire existence way before she ever met Asuelu.  I don't think she ever really had a job. Asuelu needs to think about that and not blow this easy peasy gig. All he has to do is help with the kids and turn his part time yogurt selling job in to a full time one and all will be fine in the world. Daddy will be there to supplement their income always.  Of course, he's not smart enough to understand any of that so he will blow it, move back to Samoa and probably hardly ever see his kids. Kalani will continue to live under Daddy's thumb and her mom will help her raise the kids. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

The guy that Larissa went on a blind date with is actually my twin brother but he may look a nice guy on TV but he is an asshole in real life unfortunately 

Okay, WE NEED THE DIRT!!!!  

24 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I don’t think it’s body shaming to point out that many men prefer a reasonably fit woman.  

Then, and I say with no malice or intent to argue, you could have said that:  "Many men prefer a reasonably fit woman."  No need to compare Kalini's body, which has given birth twice in two years, to a large cumbersome musical instrument.

56 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Tania wanted to immediately make babies with the town drunk.  

Didn't she tell her mom in the very beginning she was in no hurry to have kids?  But now that Syngin is here she needs to get a bun in the oven NOW???

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Then, and I say with no malice or intent to argue, you could have said that:  "Many men prefer a reasonably fit woman."  No need to compare Kalini's body, which has given birth twice in two years, to a large cumbersome musical instrument.

Didn't she tell her mom in the very beginning she was in no hurry to have kids?  But now that Syngin is here she needs to get a bun in the oven NOW???

People were speculating about why she had to look overseas for a husband.  She is 60-80 pounds overweight.  At a singles bar she would get no attention except perhaps at closing time.  Some cultures are more open to the obese and morbidly obese as romantic partners than the US.

(edited)
47 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

*Poof*

31 minutes ago, Colfrmb said:

@DVDFreaker, if you are telling us that larissa’s blind date was all staged... is everything staged on these shows???

I honestly do not know but I would not be surprised if everything is staged on those shows 

Edited by DVDFreaker
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I don't think Eleanor had been baptized at all.

38 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Of course she does! He is living in America! Land of the wealthy. Everybody that lives here is rolling in money! These people really need to do their homework. As for Asuelu, he fell in to a bucket of butter. Kalani's dad appears to be quite well off and has financed her entire existence way before she ever met Asuelu.  I don't think she ever really had a job. Asuelu needs to think about that and not blow this easy peasy gig. All he has to do is help with the kids and turn his part time yogurt selling job in to a full time one and all will be fine in the world. Daddy will be there to supplement their income always.  Of course, he's not smart enough to understand any of that so he will blow it, move back to Samoa and probably hardly ever see his kids. Kalani will continue to live under Daddy's thumb and her mom will help her raise the kids. 

I don't think they do have much money.  Maybe they DID at one point, but now they are all living in that house, which was just a vacation home at one point.  Maybe the parents have fallen on hard times?

28 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

I forgot to mention that the blind date is staged, my brother knows Larissa for years 

Not surprised, but still wow!  How have they known each other for so long?

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I don't think they do have much money.  Maybe they DID at one point, but now they are all living in that house, which was just a vacation home at one point.  Maybe the parents have fallen on hard times?

*poof*

Edited by DVDFreaker
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, suzywallis said:

After reading all of your responses, I am starting to like Momma Paul a little more.  I need more back story on them. 

My eyes glaze over during all things Pol but in a previous season, Pol’s mom visited Pol, Karine and her mom, and Pol’s mom could not have been nicer to both Karine and the mom.  It was really sweet to witness.  Wherever she hails from, I think she’s a good woman. 

Also in the past, Pol and his mom referred to Father and acted as if the man put the fear of God in them both. He wasn’t represented as a warm and fuzzy, good natured type and seemed to have no patience nor empathy for Pol’s self-inflicted nonsense.  I assumed Father might be a reason his mom’s answer to Pol asking to move in temporarily was a resounding no. She certainly seemed adamant about it.  

• Love 5

I’m watching last night’s episode right now. I do not understand why Sinjun hast to carry Tania everywhere she goes. I broke my foot in September, I had to be off it completely, I live alone, and I was able to do it. I had a knee scooter which is what Tonya had at the tell-all so I don’t get this piggyback thing. It’s ridiculous. 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I think it's maybe a mix of kalani's parents having the financial freedom to move between homes because lo owns his own business and has had it for so long that he isn't tied to one physical location AND kalani told her mom she needed help with the children because asuelu wasn't pitching in.  

The mom went to her husband and you know that he doesn't appreciate asuelu being lazy so he figured he better come too. 

59 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I remember her telling syngin originally that she wanted to have kids like within a year.  

Do you not remember the CLOCK THAT WAS IN TANIA, because that conversation was hilarious. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I think asuleu screwed himself over.  I bet that had he just helped with the kids or gotten a full time job or both kalani's parents would have stayed away. 

They probably like their unencumbered lives without screaming children all the time. 

But I think kalani needed help, asuelu wouldn't help because he was too taxed from his busy life of handing out yogurt samples and playing video games and so kalani reached out to her mother for help and her parents moved back to THEIR house that they are letting anseulu live in to help with the kids HE should be helping with. 

If ansuelu been even a little better, kalani wouldn't have made the call.  This lazy halfwit is the architect of his own misery. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I always say that if I get married in doing it Tuesday morning in Rialto.  That way no one can attend and I get bomb wedding gifts....in the words of Jason....Cha ching!

I mean, after it's all said and done the most important thing is the pictures, and the people who recognize you're a selfish asshole, but still take Tuesday off because they love you.  Ha ha. 

1 hour ago, DVDFreaker said:

The guy that Larissa went on a blind date with is actually my twin brother but he may look a nice guy on TV but he is an asshole in real life unfortunately 

OMG girl, I want the deets!!!!!!

Does he normally wear suits or did he hit up the men's warehouse before filming. No tea, no shade, but that pocket square looked like a "free with purchase"

It fit him well for off the rack, I just wonder if he was as successful and sophisticated as the show wanted us to believe  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

I always say that if I get married in doing it Tuesday morning in Rialto.  That way no one can attend and I get bomb wedding gifts....in the words of Jason....Cha ching!

I mean, after it's all said and done the most important thing is the pictures, and the people who recognize you're a selfish asshole, but still take Tuesday off because they love you.  Ha ha. 

OMG girl, I want the deets!!!!!!

Does he normally wear suits or did he hit up the men's warehouse before filming. No tea, no shade, but that pocket square looked like a "free with purchase"

It fit him well for off the rack, I just wonder if he was as successful and sophisticated as the show wanted us to believe  

*poof*

Edited by DVDFreaker
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Sure, but the whole point was the cleavage in the dress. The boring boob sisters' shtick is to expose the assets as much as possible. Otherwise, all of them would be completely forgettable. 

Besides this, what if Eleanor needs to breastfeed while Libby is at the altar!? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

I am a boy, haha, he usually wears them but he always lie to everyone that he is successful and rich which he is obviously not

JUICY!!!!!

Does he get his style cues from 80s movies about corporate villains?  He was giving me so much Gordon gecko, 80s corporate guy realness!

PS - sorry, when I get all excited I talk like a contestant on ru Paul's drag race. Hence the GIRL!  At least I didn't call you hunty!

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

JUICY!!!!!

Does he get his style cues from 80s movies about corporate villains?  He was giving me so much Gordon gecko, 80s corporate guy realness!

Haha, probably! I have sent you a private message, I never sent a private message on here so I hope you got it

• Love 1
Just now, DVDFreaker said:

Haha, probably! I have sent you a private message, I never sent a private message on here so I hope you got it

I did, thank you for those juicy deets.  And I agree with your assessment. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Have we viewers met Vanessa yet?  I can't place her.  

I, too, thought we would get a scene of him running.  What a blow we've been dealt indeed.

Not yet, probably next season.  Apparently they're online friends when she reached out on soshul medya to comfort him(?) after Larissa.

Patience grasshopper, we're too early in the season for that greatness.

4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Plenty of women with Kalani's shape marry men who're aren't overgrown babies.  

It was more the pregnancy, than she didn't have options, that lead to the union.  I think she's attractive, when she isn't speaking.

2 hours ago, magemaud said:

It mattered greatly to the grandmother of my SIL that the kids be baptized Catholic. 

And that's not really true, a lot of religions include a new christening upon conversion.  Jews do it, and Greek Orthodox does it (if you've ever seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding). 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

How in the hell is Larissa still in this country? 

Genius visa? That ploy has worked before apparently. 

I can't say about Paul's actual intelligence from the editing and the silly script. However, I've worked with first-year college students in many types of schools for decades, and I've seen enough Pauls and Paulettes from around the world to fill an ark. Most make their way in life, fortunately, and the rest end up back home with mom and dad or a relative. Good luck, Family Paul. 

As for cellos, I think they are the most beautiful and melodic of the stringed instruments. I'm not sure Kalani is a true cello, however. She seems happy banging away in the percussion section. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

That's okay, he looked kind of like an asshole on TV, too.  

I forgot to mention that the blind date is staged, my brother knows Larissa for years 

I pretty much drew that conclusion.  Just as staged as her "relationship" with Eric.  

I have never met Larissa personally myself but I would like to meet her, haha and I had to delete the long details of why my brother is an asshole just in case friends and family reads this thread, my apologies!

Why the fresh hell would you want to meet Larissa, with her temper, DV charges, abandoning (or losing custody of) her children, and other questionable characteristics?  Surely there are far more charming (and far more attractive) women out there to choose from.  

Maybe look up Anfisa...at least she's found a way to support herself and I believe already has her green card.  As odious as she can be, I still find her much more palatable than Larissa.

And welcome!!!  😄 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

People were speculating about why she had to look overseas for a husband.  She is 60-80 pounds overweight.  At a singles bar she would get no attention except perhaps at closing time.  Some cultures are more open to the obese and morbidly obese as romantic partners than the US.

As a fat chick, I can tell you you're 100% wrong.  You have your preferences, but you can't speak for all, or most, men.  

• Love 21
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

That's okay, he looked kind of like an asshole on TV, too.  

I pretty much drew that conclusion.  Just as staged as her "relationship" with Eric.  

Why the fresh hell would you want to meet Larissa, with her temper, DV charges, abandoning (or losing custody of) her children, and other questionable characteristics?  Surely there are far more charming (and far more attractive) women out there to choose from.  

Maybe look up Anfisa...at least she's found a way to support herself and I believe already has her green card.  As odious as she can be, I still find her much more palatable than Larissa.

And welcome!!!  😄 

I just want to meet her and just say hi, I have no interest in dating Larissa and I have been single  for 15 years now and have no interest in dating but as for Anfisa, that made me laugh because I liked Anfisa and I would rather date Anfisa than Larissa and thank you for welcoming me! 😂

Edited by DVDFreaker
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

Okay, you can't just drop that shit on us like that. We need info! 

• Love 3

I have hated Tania from pretty much the beginning, but I felt bad for her when she heard the news she may not bartend again. I know it's because I'm dealing with my own new limitations with my injury, but it really sucks. I try to remind myself I could be in a lot worse shape, but it does get to you.

I cannot stand Larissa. I used to feel for her when she lived with the horrid duo, but she is just awful. She just wants a rich guy and a green card. Maybe I should cut her some slack because she is upfront and honest about it, but she bugs.

Please tell me Asuelo's comment about doctors being "boys" was producer driven. He annoys me more and more each episode, too.

• Love 2