Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Seeds Of Discontent

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, endure said:

I noticed Pierri wasn't in a carseat in the vehicle going to the airport in Brazil.  It would surprise me to hear they don't have carseat laws there too.  But of course it was fine for dimbulb Pole to practically jump out of a moving vehicle, almost get hit by a moving car in the lane next to him to insure his baby was in the carseat and it sounded like they were at their destination at that point.....he's such a hothead. Welcome to America Karine = zero tolerance from Pole.

Had to laugh when Paul's mom was like "this is why you can't live with me!" The truth comes out!  

I wonder if karine wants to live with Pauls mom because she is afraid of living alone with him without her family around.  He is such a weirdo, ugh.  Good luck girl. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
20 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Had to laugh when Paul's mom was like "this is why you can't live with me!" The truth comes out!  

I wonder if karine wants to live with Pauls mom because she is afraid of living alone with him without her family around.  He is such a weirdo, ugh.  Good luck girl. 

She sounds like she is totally fed up with him and that's good because she has been enabling him for his entire adult life.  I do recall her being concerned about not just supporting him but a wife and baby too so I guess she wants to make it perfectly clear that he is on his own now.  I don't blame her one bit.  I'm glad she seems nice to Karine, at least she was allowed to give her a hug and kiss 😬 Hopefully Karine has her on speed dial for backup.

Edited by endure
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, Bubbles1967 said:

I couldn’t understand why Tania was freaking out when the doctor told her she may not be able to bartend. Did she forget that she went to Costa Rica to learn herbal medicine “for their future”. She always has that to fall back on 😏

ifyou can’t pour a Guinness in an Irish bar you got problems.

I thought she was making hypothetical soap.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
On 6/27/2020 at 2:41 AM, endure said:

I can really picture Coltee and Jessee getting morbidly obese together 🥺

I don’t know about that. I saw Colt dancing once and I really don’t see my appetite returning before 2022. Who knows what horrors Jess has witnessed?

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I am trying to decide which was more cringeworthy, Syngin's interview or Larissa's date? Both show why the best they could reasonably do were Tania and Coltee, respectively.

I 'm still with Coltee dancing with Jesse as most cringeworthy.  Overall I have to say this group has way too many cringeworthy people so I'm sure there's a lot more moments to come - scary.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

The Karen Coven and Moldovagate is almost unwatchable to me. They're being ignorant and offensive and Libby's just encouraging that because she's a shit stirrer. 

It does seem pretty narcassitic to assume that Andrei wanted to get married in Moldova on this timeline JUST to spite you.  It's like Libby's sisters assume Andrei wakes up every morning thinking up new ways to make them miserable. 

I think he is  self centered and entitled but I don't think he really cares at all about Libby's sisters one way or the other.  He just wants to flex in Moldova on money he hasn't earned.  Horse drawn carriage.....goodness.....Libby is getting married in a Disney movie.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
(edited)
3 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

Can someone please enlighten me as to what Larissa means when she says guys always have something about tacos in their dating profile?

I don’t know either, but Tim and Veronica agreed it was “so true!” Tim said something like, “the old tacos and chill profile.” 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
On 6/24/2020 at 6:45 PM, magemaud said:

Thanks for starting this thread! I couldn't wait to come here and say that Larissa trying to explain to her Trump-Son-Wannabe-Blind-Date how to pronounce her ex's name was comedy gold. 

YEEESSSSSSSS!!  All of this but especially the Trump son look-alike!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

I am trying to decide which was more cringeworthy, Syngin's interview or Larissa's date?

My vote is Coltee’s “Dancing With the Stars” audition 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2

UGH. 

Andrei is a gold digging asshat.

Syngin seriously needs AA.

Asuelu needs to wake up---it's 2020.  What a sexist pig! He needs to get a real job and actually help with the kids.  He is so much like a kid himself that I can't believe that his wife even fell for him!  

Paul's mom is so backwater that she makes Kentuckians look bad.

And for the love of all that is holy, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW LARISSA IS AFFORDING ALL OF HER PLASTIC SURGERY AND SCULPTING CRAP???!!!!????

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, suzywallis said:

UGH. 

Asuelu needs to wake up---it's 2020.  What a sexist pig! He needs to get a real job and actually help with the kids.  He is so much like a kid himself that I can't believe that his wife even fell for him!  

And for the love of all that is holy, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW LARISSA IS AFFORDING ALL OF HER PLASTIC SURGERY AND SCULPTING CRAP???!!!!????

I think those fillers and "body sculpting" are free.  That place looked like some sort of day spa, so they probably spent big bucks on that machine and are hoping to get some publicity to get people to come in.  

8 minutes ago, magemaud said:

The thing that bothered me the most about Larissa and Don, Jr’s blind date was how they left those delicious looking yeast rolls on the table, untouched. 

The crime no one is talking about.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
35 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Paul has never been to a baseball game.

In all fairness, I doubt my non sports loving hubby has either.  (I had to explain to him about the AFC and NFC and how the Superbowl works.  But then again, my hubby is no where as straight up WEIRD as Paul.

Edited to add:  Hubby has been to one Twins game.  

I had a visceral, real reaction to Asuelo and the damn trip.  Reminded me waaaaay too much of my ex hubby: "Damn it..I WANNA GO!!!  I dont care that toddlers are dying from the measles and our youngest is too young, we can't afford it....I WANNA GO!!!"    He would have bought tickets without discussing it with me then wonder why I was pissed.  Just a bit too close to the bone for me, lol.  I am better now.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 6
On 6/27/2020 at 5:22 AM, mamadrama said:

(Besides, we've seen how Pole and Kreenie live. Whether they're in a chicken coop or a brand new McMansion I feel like they're still going to be a few stops short of qualifying for HOARDERS.) 

Nothing says class like finding room for you poop emoji pillow and penis sack.

I am so here for new Mother Pole.  Now she brings the sass.  Remember when we met her over a clump of hair?

• LOL 9
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, suzywallis said:

UGH. 

This Kentuckian likes Mother Paul and is fine with her as our ambassador this week. In an episode full of Colter's sexy dancing, Asuelu's sexism, Libby's family's ignorance, and Larissa's Joker-worthy mouth, Mother Paul screaming about what an idiot he was was IMO one of the more understandable moments of the show.

I'm sure Larissa is getting those for free in return for exposure.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, nytonc said:

Then her mother chimes in to say her precious daughter shouldn’t have to wear a conservative dress because she’s an American. Why not just video chat with his family and say fuck you and your church? 

Why is it that most of the participants, family, and friends never seem to understand that while you are indeed American, you can still respect other cultures and their ways?  Nobody is asking Libby to convert, just be respectful inside their church.  The horror!  How will she ever survive such hardships?  At least Libby seems fine with it and it's only her horrible family causing issues.

• Love 18

So, on this week's installment:

Colt and Jess: Colt, it is unlikely that you will get a side gig on Dancing With the Stars. No one needs to see a dude with no rhythm or dance moves. Jess basically spelled out that her interest in you is for a Green Card, so she can stay in America. She doesn't want to go back to Brazil, and who knows if she can get her au pair/nanny visa extended or renewed. You are her only hope, Coltee Kenobi.

Larissa: Everything revolves around your appearance and citizenship. Maybe take some time to do some inner work on yourself. Nice abs may attract a guy, but there is very little within you that will keep him. Your behaviour on your blind date was pretty bad. The dude reminded me of some Trump son. You showed no real interest in him or his life. You talked about your need for a visa, your relationship with your ex, your jail time, etc. Probably no second date and he may ask for his gift back. Life for you is about plastic surgery to improve your appearance. Who is paying for all of this? Some rich benefactor we haven't met? How do you afford the body sculpting and champagne? And then you find out Colt has a new woman? It's up to her to find out that he has not been genuine with her. And to see his life and his turf. He and Debbie have had practice gaslighting and such and have had more experience in terms of what mistakes not to make.

Libby and Andrei: the Koven is upset, especially the long haired blonde who isn't getting her own way and is making her sister's second wedding about herself. Becky, you are under zero obligation to attend. It is unlikely that Andrei gets up every day with a new nefarious plot to ruin your life. All the wedding dresses were not a great choice for an Orthodox ceremony. Surely there was something simple and white that Libby could choose.

Angela and My-kull: We didn't see much of Ange today. Surely most men these days know something about how a woman's body works and a 50 plus woman cannot have kids. Mother should be encouraging him to find a more suitable wife or she will have to do with a second or third wife for a grandchild. Can't she hire someone in Nigeria to pretend to be a family member?

Asuelu and Kalani: Asuelu can go to Samoa on his own to visit his family. It's a lot of money for the entire family to go. The young kids won't have many, if any, memories of this trip. Don't know if Asuelu is putting on an act to be such a dim, sexist person or he is living in the 1950s. Yes, women can be doctors. Getting the babies vaccinated is one thing, but it is not 100% effective against any measles outbreak. Wait a while to take the kids to Samoa. Kalani, maybe it is time for a real talk with your husband aka third toddler.

Paul and Karine: Welcome to the US! Or not. The luggage collapse was funny. Take two carts for the luggage. Getting out of the car by the motel was dumb. Yes, the kid needs to be in the car seat, but Pole is overreacting and obsessive. His mother doesn't want him living with her, she doesn't want to enable him. I think she has a soft spot for the grandchild and Karine, but it is time to cut the apron strings. Hopefully Karine can continue to improve her English, make some connections with the Portuguese speaking population, find a support system, and eventually get out.

Syngin and Tania: Mr. Smooth and I'm too good for the US and can be anything I like. You could have Googled how to pour a Guinness since you are interviewing at an Irish pub. Both are becoming more unlikeable. Tania can probably do other work for a bit until she sees if she can be a bartender again or any work involving her standing for long periods of time. What happened to Witch Doctor School? No openings for one in Connecticut? Both lives are built on booze. Arthritis can hit someone at any age, and if she does have a serious leg injury, there is a good chance that it may develop earlier - and not at 50. Syngin is drunk as a skunk and maybe needs a trip to Rehab at some point. This isn't the glory days of the Belle Epoque - the drinking so early in the marriage is a giant red flag. Someone could have rented a shower chair for Tania to bathe herself while recovering from her leg injury. So much dysfunction.

And there's the old how much are we being frauded by these folks question.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
(edited)
14 hours ago, RealReality said:

He is a moron and kalani is an even bigger moron for entertaining any of this.  The minute the doctor said that it would be better for Kennedy to the vaccine at 12 months that conversation would have been a wrap for me.  

I thought the MMR vaccine was given at 15 months, and little Kennedy is a loooong way off from 15 months.  Game over, full stop on the conversation.

Angela is going to leave her house to seven people? One Nigerian and six minors?   Ooookaaaay....that will turn GREAT!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I thought the MMR vaccine was given at 15 months, and little Kennedy is a loooong way off from 15 months.  Game over, full stop on the conversation.

Our MMR was given in 3 stages and the first one was at 12 months. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Am I alone in thinking that Libby's dress wasn't even flattering? 

THIS!!!!!!!

I found it hard to believe that it was her fairy tale dress.  I thought that cover up made it even worse. 

I think that if Libby was smart, she'd have found dresses online for people from these more conservative cultures.  She isn't the first woman to get married, and wants to look stunning but has to cover up.  I bet there are beautiful workarounds.  

That dress was giving me clearance rack at davids bridal realness!

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

In all fairness, I doubt my non sports loving hubby has either.  (I had to explain to him about the AFC and NFC and how the Superbowl works.  But then again, my hubby is no where as straight up WEIRD as Paul.

Edited to add:  Hubby has been to one Twins game.  

I had a visceral, real reaction to Asuelo and the damn trip.  Reminded me waaaaay too much of my ex hubby: "Damn it..I WANNA GO!!!  I dont care that toddlers are dying from the measles and our youngest is too young, we can't afford it....I WANNA GO!!!"    He would have bought tickets without discussing it with me then wonder why I was pissed.  Just a bit too close to the bone for me, lol.  I am better now.

It sounded like she just wanted to watch an amateur one at a park and he hadn’t even attended one of those.  We know Pole can’t afford MLB tickets.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Our MMR was given in 3 stages and the first one was at 12 months. 

My kids are 21 and 22 so it has been awhile....my memory was spotty, lol!

11 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Am I alone in thinking that Libby's dress wasn't even flattering? 

I am with you.  Both showed a lot of boobage.

Sister Aeselo:  "Yeah, you work part time, your wife is a SAHM, you have two kids seemingly under the age of two....but where is OUR money, dammit???

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

My son is watching this right now and he's literally wondering if it's too late for us to drive up there and "get Karine." When I pointed out that it would be kidnapping he said, "I'm not so sure that isn't what Paul's trying to do anyway." When I told him that she didn't know us, he said, "Yes she does. I said 5 sentences to her in Portuguese at the hospital. I bet that's 4 more than Paul's said." 

My son is 13 and also wants to "rescue" Robert's Anny.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Sister Aeselo:  "Yeah, you work part time, your wife is a SAHM, you have two kids seemingly under the age of two....but where is OUR money, dammit???

There wasn't even any small talk!

It was like "hi, how is everyone?"

"WHERE IS THE MONEY, WHEN ARE YOU SENDING THE MONEY?"

I think the sister only brought up meseals because she didn't want the hassle and expense of kalani and the kids staying with her and eating her food.  

• Love 12

I'm sure Syngin really reduced his chances of getting hired by getting toasted at the same bar he's seeking employment from. 🙄 He's looking like a deadbeat at this point. On the other hand, what happened to Tania's big new career in whatever she soaked up the suds while supposedly studying?

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

There's a middle ground between burka and Vegas showgirl, but they act like there isn't. I'm not conservative at all, but my wedding dress just happened to have sleeves and am empire waist. I wasn't trying to find something with that much coverage, it just happened to be the one I liked the best. Some of these women seem to be going out of their way to find something that shows a lot of skin just so that they can complain about how they're not allowed to wear it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
On 6/28/2020 at 11:36 PM, Kangatush said:

Why is it that most of the participants, family, and friends never seem to understand that while you are indeed American, you can still respect other cultures and their ways?  Nobody is asking Libby to convert, just be respectful inside their church.  The horror!  How will she ever survive such hardships?  At least Libby seems fine with it and it's only her horrible family causing issues.

They act like she'd be selling out on her American culture if she didn't dress like a floozy.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 24
1 minute ago, renatae said:

They act like she'd be selling out of her American culture if she didn't dress like a floozy.

"She's American, not Christian Orthodox."

First of all, "American" isn't a religion, and is she really unaware that you can be Christian Orthodox and still live in the US? We have them here, too. There's actually a Greek Orthodox Church near here and we generally aren't known for our diversity. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

There's a middle ground between burka and Vegas showgirl, but they act like there isn't. I'm not conservative at all, but my wedding dress just happened to have sleeves and am empire waist. I wasn't trying to find something with that much coverage, it just happened to be the one I liked the best. Some of these women seem to be going out of their way to find something that shows a lot of skin just so that they can complain about how they're not allowed to wear it.

I agree.  My second wedding was a civil wedding outdoors, and I was covered up because I wanted it that way. I also have to giggle at the Florida brides who want a winter wedding.  No, no you don't!  You want a snowstorm on your wedding day and 20 percent of people show?  K then!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

THIS!!!!!!!

I found it hard to believe that it was her fairy tale dress.  I thought that cover up made it even worse. 

I think that if Libby was smart, she'd have found dresses online for people from these more conservative cultures.  She isn't the first woman to get married, and wants to look stunning but has to cover up.  I bet there are beautiful workarounds.  

That dress was giving me clearance rack at davids bridal realness!

Really, apparently, the only caveats were no cleavage and not sleeveless. I know I'm old, but that used to be the norm. It's sad if someone has to go to some specialty store just to get a reasonably modest dress. However, having seen one too many Pnina's on "Yes To The Dress" I guess it's not too farfetched at all. I just have such a hard time knowing that apparently most brides these days think they are dressing for a night out at the club instead of a wedding.

/old prude mode.

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, renatae said:

I'm sure Syngin really reduced his chances of getting hired by getting toasted at the same bar he's seeking employment from. 🙄 He's looking like a deadbeat at this point. On the other hand, what happened to Tania's big new career in whatever she soaked up the suds while supposedly studying?

I've never owned a bar, but I certainly wouldn't hire someone who would drink up the inventory. 

7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The bridal salon's alterationist could have spent about a half hour sewing up some of the chest area to make it fit better. Or added a small lace panel.

Sure, but the whole point was the cleavage in the dress. The boring boob sisters' shtick is to expose the assets as much as possible. Otherwise, all of them would be completely forgettable. 

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I've never owned a bar, but I certainly wouldn't hire someone who would drink up the inventory. 

Sure, but the whole point was the cleavage in the dress. The boring boob sisters' shtick is to expose the assets as much as possible. Otherwise, all of them would be completely forgettable. 

Speaking of...who is that sister (?) with the fried blond shoulder length hair, the one who looks like the Wish version of Jennifer Aniston?  I don't even recognize her, but I recognize the other two (even if I can't remember their names).  

Asuelo makes my brain hurt.  Just watching him try to process and formulate a response makes me want to check him for a pulse.  Combined with his asinine statements last night, I think his dim bulb is getting ready to go completely out.  I'd send him packing to Samoa with a one-way ticket and conveniently make sure I never had the funds for a return ticket.  I'll never understand what made Kalani think he would make a good life partner.  

Larissa, please leave my screen.  I don't even understand why her vile ass is back on this show.  She couldn't even throw together a fake relationship as Colt clearly did to earn a spot.  And that blind date?  Please, Junior, there's not a snowball's chance in hell you didn't watch this show before going on that date, so stop feigning ignorance about what she wants in a man.:  A green card and an unlimited budget.  TLC needs to quit bringing these extra thirsty chucklefucks back when they don't have a legitimate story line. 

Judging by Jess' unfortunate thigh tattoos (amongst other things), she a history of making bad decisions.  At least tattoos can be covered or removed; Colt not so much.  

And in the name of all that is unholy, TLC, please do not ever (EVER) show us Colt making out or dancing.  At least not without a top hat and a cane.  

hippo.jpg

• LOL 5
  • Love 16
On 6/26/2020 at 10:23 PM, charmed1 said:

Watching Coltee’s big stankin’ ass dancing badly outdoors has caused me to have temporary blindness. 

That was a crime against humanity.

He should be locked up in the Super Max next to the Unabomber.

• LOL 7
(edited)
On 6/26/2020 at 7:40 PM, mamadrama said:

I just saw a post from someone that said "people live in a tiny house and everyone praises them, people live in trailers and they're looked down upon." For some of us a trailer WAS a step up. Why do we immediately think that trailers and trailer parks are bad? For me a trailer meant heating, cooling, the chance to live around other kids, and my own bedroom. 

I don't think it matters if Colt can apply for another K1 (although he can, having applied for one in the past does not preclude him for applying for another one). Jess doesn't even qualify for one since she's already in the US. You can only apply for a K-1 if you're in another country at the time of application. I don't believe he's really interested in her. This is a production setup.

I said the same thing the other day about the tiny homes that are being built.  They cost a shit ton of money, they are so small there's barely any room for one person, much less a family.  And likely the same people that buy them are the same people that would turn their nose up at a trailer park.

I think unless you are in an area where trailers are very normal (Fla, Delaware) that they get a bad name b/c of the trailer parks that aren't nice and are run-down.   I live in the country and there's a trailer park about 15 miles up the road.   There's been a murder there and the police are there quite a bit.  It's run down, the trailers are nasty.  

Contrast that to Fl and Del near the beaches and most are really nice. My aunt lived in one in FL and it was really big and nice.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, Kangatush said:

It's just that I don't think that Libby does get it.  It seems she suddenly forgot what modest for a church means. Even with a fur wrap, the back of the dress was out , the entire arms were sheer.  It wasn't modest. So, I wonder if the church will really enforce any standards.  I know of churches that would not allow a dress like she got, even with a wrap covering some of it up.  Plus, would she keep the wrap on throughout the reception?  It doesn't seem very feasible to me. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, renatae said:

I was wondering if he drove home.  He obviously had more to drink than he admitted.  And the burping was lovely.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Love 6

It was great seeing Pole's two trademarks on display: His OCD obsession with safety, and his complete lack of understanding of the principle of gravity and luggage.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I also have to giggle at the Florida brides who want a winter wedding.

You're right.  We Floridiots don't really get the concept of snow.  All we see are the pretty pictures and holiday shows.  I remember working in the legal field years ago and I had out of state cases.  I got all frustrated because they cancelled hearings due to a snowstorm.  I couldn't understand why people couldn't drive in "a little snow."  Some of my coworkers shook their heads and explained my ignorance.  Now that I know better, I think I would stick to a nice fall wedding -- Florida fall that is.  

• Love 3
  • The obvious argument Skylar could’ve given... duh, sick grandma and six grandchildren!!! Who you gonna call?
  • Coltee’s eye lit up at a free TLC funded trip to Brazil. Guess the virus spoiled that.
  • When the paid for hotel room runs out, what then? They’ll be on the street homeless? 
  • Meanwhile unemployed helpless Tania and her alcoholic  Guinness pourer hubby get free fully furnished TLC accommodation? Doesn’t seem fair.
  • Larissa needs to be deported before the lips take over her face. Yikes!!
  • The Samoan dimwit will likely get his way. Samoa here we come. Bring $$$$ for sis. Hope all camera crew’s measles shots are up to date. 
  • The Moldovan wedding vacation... Andrrrrrrrei versus the sister coven. Who will annoy us the most?

• Love 8