Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Private Eyes

• Start Topic

When michae and Angela looked into getting married the guy told them that someone from Angela’s side would have to be present. They didn’t say anything about that to lisa and usman. Different rules or different story lines?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, FurBabyMama said:

When michae and Angela looked into getting married the guy told them that someone from Angela’s side would have to be present. They didn’t say anything about that to lisa and usman. Different rules or different story lines?

I think it's different story lines.  Sounded like a fishy idea to throw into the plan to create drama.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, FurBabyMama said:

Different state so maybe different laws?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

And - in a dream world - Ash's "relationship coaching" business would be reviewable on Yelp.  LOL.

Well is this day of social media, don't count it out.

• Love 4
On 5/4/2020 at 2:31 AM, magemaud said:

I thought he was getting rid of his worldly goods in order to move into the $300K RV?

On 5/4/2020 at 8:30 AM, poeticlicensed said:

Same. And he sad part is that he has constructed a narrative in his mind and it really doesn't matter if the woman in the picture told him to his face that she was frauding him, he would probably reason that she was being pressured to say such things and he needed to get her away from the bad people who are forcing her to do this. David will continue to spend money  until there is nothing left, then she will cut him off. 

In the first episode David was checking out a $398k RV, and selling everything he owned "except one unicycle." Lol. Maybe the real situation is that David actually HAS sold everything because talking to Lana has cost him his retirement fund, and the RV shopping was filmed because that WAS the plan 7 years ago. 

I'm of the opinion Dave is a real-life insane person. His strange mannerisms and speech seem real, and the hairpiece is adding to crazy town. His Russian lady friend is done with Dave getting angry because of his childish stubbornness. Dave is a lost cause. 

On 5/4/2020 at 5:44 PM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

This reminds me of our Season 2 sweetheart, Dinyell, whose affect was almost always inappropriate for the situation. She would smirk and grimace at the oddest times. I always wondered if she was really competent to sign contracts for marriage and TV without a guardian ad 

Joyce, I echo your thoughts! The fact that Sharp signed her for television is curious. Surely they exploited Danielle. Regardless, I find her strangeness extremely interesting; I've never known/watched anyone like her. 

• Love 10
(edited)
9 hours ago, RealReality said:

LOL.  I fear for her life if David ever actually finds her.  Which appears to be exactly what he is doing, in spite of the fact that he has to know that's not who he has been communicating with.  

But, I can agree that I would be tickled if they found her for the tell all.  That would make it all worth it.  Poor thing has probably gone into hiding.

Hopefully, since "Shirtless Guy in Park Stock Photo" does not appear to be in Nigeria, "Blonde Girl in Park Leaning on Trees" is not in Ukraine and has changed her appearance so she cannot be found.

"Lana" looks pretty high maintenance for life touring the States in an RV.  Who decorated David's abode? His mother in ~1994?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

There are a lot of shows online that expose online dating schemes-- major operation out of Nigeria. It's exactly what happened with Yolanda. They say they are white men from UK or US, then when traveling to Africa, get in a bind and need money. You can see an almost exactly Yolanda story here:

Also, David. The US Embassy could have saved you some trouble: https://ua.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/victims-of-crime/marriage-dating-scams/

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 4

Nev needs to get Yolanda and David on the show, and help show them the light. I cannot imagine being that stupid and allowing it to be filmed.

Ed .... the mouthwash and toothpaste/brush was cringeworthy. And stringing her along all this time. He needs to grow a neck and leave this poor girl alone. You are NO catch, mister. Have you looked in the mirror?? Have you listened to what you’ve been saying?? At least it’s all on film for the world to see so women can run as fast as they can.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

Be negotiable, but don't go lower than 30k.  

We can make this a team effort-I'll give y'all my sign in info and we'll take turns talking to David. Acceptable responses to any questions include emojis and: yes, no, love you my king, and mmmmmm... We'll split the profits 60 ways. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

We can make this a team effort-I'll give y'all my sign in info and we'll take turns talking to David. Acceptable responses to any questions include emojis and: yes, no, love you my king, and mmmmmm... We'll split the profits 60 ways. 

Bonus!  We can use the same messages and fleece Yolanda!  Cha-ching! 

Some dork on this franchise used to say that but I can't remember who.  

ETA: it was Jason with the sleepy eyes who sold stuff on eBay and had that wife who was trashy. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Count me in! It sounds like such fun, I’ll do it gratis. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I would seriously do this!  Quarantine has me bored!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Oooh, luv you so much babee💑💑💑❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🎊🎊🎊🎊💸💸💸🛫🛫🛫🎂🎂🎂🦆

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

I'm really surprised there is so much interest here in the David/Lana story. Seems like just a rehash of Cesar/Maria. Straight $cam. 

I can only speak for myself and say I'm new the whole franchise and don't have the slightest idea who Cesar is, nor do I care.  If it wasn't for being in lockdown I would never have started watching and can't wait to return to that status.  My life was better in SO many ways before the quarantine.  As always and eternal, YMMV.

14 hours ago, mixedmartialmom said:

A lot of people here seemed to believe (maybe still do) that Lana is an actual woman behaving independently who gave David a real address... and they were worried about her when he decided to go to the apartment.  

When I read the litany of posts on here, I took it to be that most posters recognize she is not 'real', but were commenting on the scary reaction of someone who (maybe) thinks she is.  No way am I opening up that can of worms again other than to say we DO get it.

14 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Per the coming out thing:  People I have known they are gay, when they came out their parents were like, "Yeah, we know."

When my best friend came out and said he needed to tell me something, I said "No, you don't because I've always known".  He was shocked.  Shocked!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I seriously think we're funnier than the Pillow Talk people. 

That's the reason why I don't watch Pillow Talk.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

He mentioned having “those kinds of conversations” with her.  Since the only thing more gross and disgusting than that with David is Ed, I’m not volunteering for sexting with that fool.  lol  Available, however, for any other assigned duties...

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I'm way behind reading so this is old

On 5/4/2020 at 6:51 PM, BallisticNikki said:

Soooo if a team of leading psychologists and sociologists were looking for a case study in deviant human social interaction to analyze, which of this season's couples would you suggest? Which couple do you think presents with the most profound dysfunction?🤪  

Lisa on her own. She's racist, homophobic, xenophobic, misogynistic, and ignorant on a level that is off the charts.

Usman's initial willingness to tolerate her and try and make a relationship work because he saw a future gain from it, only to decide she was too awful or believed he could change her to an acceptable level would also give them something to work with, but Lisa is a toxic waste all on her own.

They could do a complete study on what made her into the toxic waste she is along with which type of treatment it would take to help her function at a level of semi normality.

Geoffrey and Bad Egg probably had no difficulty coming across charming during the interview process, although Geoffrey did have the bruises on is face from his last fight when he arrived in Russia, so they should have stopped filming him back then, but there is NO WAY Lisa kept her nasty personality in check. She doesn't think she is wrong about her behavior and I don't know why Sharp thought she would be entertaining. The only people that I think could enjoy her is someone studying her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

Ooh I forgot to say--- before I was blindsided by the po$$ibility of extra income here--- that possibly the reason there were different requirements between Michael's Nigeria and Usman's Nigeria could be the religion (and yes the states or regions as mentioned above by @BallisticNikki) . I don't recall anything about Michael's religion or where he lived, but Usman was likely in a majority Muslim region? Just a thought.

Then again if that's not right, perhaps it was the scriptwriter for each scene through in a different line???

Edited by mayvenne
  • Love 5

The thing I found most shocking about Big Ed this week was his surprise that Rose actually had the temerity to tell him that she needed to think about whether or not she wanted to continue in a relationship with him. I don't remember his exact words, but he said something like "I came here to decide if I want to marry her but I never thought she might decide she doesn't want to be with me".

He seemed genuinely taken aback that she is in fact a person with her own agency, who has wants and needs that are important to her and that she justifiably feels should be taken into consideration by any potential life partner. As far as Ed is concerned, she is simply a human doll who should be grateful for any bone he throws her way (no pun intended) because he's the one with all the power (i.e money) in the relationship.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
(edited)
1 hour ago, essexjan said:

The thing I found most shocking about Big Ed this week was his surprise that Rose actually had the temerity to tell him that she needed to think about whether or not she wanted to continue in a relationship with him. I don't remember his exact words, but he said something like "I came here to decide if I want to marry her but I never thought she might decide she doesn't want to be with me".

He seemed genuinely taken aback that she is in fact a person with her own agency, who has wants and needs that are important to her and that she justifiably feels should be taken into consideration by any potential life partner. As far as Ed is concerned, she is simply a human doll who should be grateful for any bone he throws her way (no pun intended) because he's the one with all the power (i.e money) in the relationship.

It is probably related to his physical issues and upbringing.  He was likely indulged.  Misbehave, get called out, respond with:  tilt the chin down, eyes up, smile and be forgiven for everything and mommy assured him she still loved him.  He has been doing it in every episode but Rose has finally had enough and he can’t charm her into forgiveness quite so easily this time....and he is pissed off about it.   

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 18
56 minutes ago, essexjan said:

Good point. Also, I was very frustrated that Ed took the plea from Rose's sister for money as a bad sign.  As if she was trying to take advantage of him.  I almost wanted Rose to defend the sister and not say she was unaware of the request.  Like, Ed, you waste money on all kinds of trinkets and yet my sister who is in desperate need for $200.00 to keep her store open ask for a loan and you are insulted?  BS. How freaking selfish can you be?  This is a woman who works 18 hours a day, every day to feed the family and keep that roof over their heads and the kids from living in a pig pen!!!!  WHY wouldn't she ask?  He focuses on trips, massages, lingerie when people are struggling to eat.  The fact he has no clue about this  is what angers me the most about him.  For a true person in need, who works their fingers to the bone, it's okay to ask for help, imo.  And, you act all superior to MY SISTER!  No way is that okay.  

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Good point. Also, I was very frustrated that Ed took the plea from Rose's sister for money as a bad sign.  As if she was trying to take advantage of him.  I almost wanted Rose to defend the sister and not say she was unaware of the request.  Like, Ed, you waste money on all kinds of trinkets and yet my sister who is in desperate need for $200.00 to keep her store open ask for a loan and you are insulted?  BS. How freaking selfish can you be?  This is a woman who works 18 hours a day, every day to feed the family and keep that roof over their heads and the kids from living in a pig pen!!!!  WHY wouldn't she ask?  He focuses on trips, massages, lingerie when people are struggling to eat.  The fact he has no clue about this  is what angers me the most about him.  For a true person in need, who works their fingers to the bone, it's okay to ask for help, imo.  And, you act all superior to MY SISTER!  No way is that okay.  

He spent more than that in postage just shipping the special sheets for his special skin and the grill to cook his special food. (IF he really did that at all...)

2 hours ago, mayvenne said:

OK I 'm in but I am not too swift with emjois and such.... so maybe I can just take care of the finances since we go back longtime and you all trust me right?

Deal!!

I trust you so mach. About 55%. 😘

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

This.  Like "wait, SHE can leave ME?"

He never had any intention of marrying her.  That poor people have no pride and no standards.  He really sucks. 

• Love 13
17 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

I'm really surprised there is so much interest here in the David/Lana story. Seems like just a rehash of Cesar/Maria. Straight $cam. 

The entertainment bar has been reset to very low. I mean, we've more or less been isolated for the past two months. An exciting day for me is when I get a package from Amazon Prime and I can exchange words with the delivery guy through the screen. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

The entertainment bar has been reset to very low. I mean, we've more or less been isolated for the past two months. An exciting day for me is when I get a package from Amazon Prime and I can exchange words with the delivery guy through the screen. 

I mean, I am excited each day to see if my new tabs and license plates for my son's car have arrived yet.  

10 minutes ago, RealReality said:

This.  Like "wait, SHE can leave ME?"

He never had any intention of marrying her.  That poor people have no pride and no standards.  He really sucks. 

Yeppers!  He had zero intention of marrying her (as evidenced by telling her dad he was getting to know her yet told everyone in southern California he was proposing) but when she pulled away and called him on the carpet.....boy oh boy he was stunned.

"You know what?  I am on a vacation but need another vacation to get away from this squalor.  I know!  Let's go a high end resort, leave Prince at home and all the money that will be spent could be used to buy, oh I don't know.....walls for her dad?  a door for their home? will be used for an over the top dinner, snorkeling, wine, naughty pajamas and of course, anything that I get a charge out of."  Yes I am sure TLC was picking up the tab but it just came off so....unseemly and selfish.

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

“You know what?  I am on a vacation but need another vacation to get away from this squalor.  I know!  Let's go a high end resort, leave Prince at home and all the money that will be spent could be used to buy, oh I don't know.....walls for her dad?  a door for their home? will be used for an over the top dinner, snorkeling, wine, naughty pajamas and of course, anything that I get a charge out of."  Yes I am sure TLC was picking up the tab but it just came off so....unseemly and selfish.

Or “I will spend money on a monkey tour and run screaming and pay for a nice beach but only use the pool.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Exactly.  Ed is one of the many 90 day F'ers (women included) that don't want someone in their own physical league.  They go to impoverished countries, carry with them the carrot of a green card, paw all over their intended as though they are there to sexually gratify them.  It's a sick game.  I applaud the Roses of the world who say I'd rather live in my terrible circumstances than spend one more minute with that deviant.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21
(edited)
27 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Or “I will spend money on a monkey tour and run screaming and pay for a nice beach but only use the pool.”

Agreed!!  That monkey place looked fun, full of foliage and fauna and kinda cool.  But nope, Ed needs to leave NOW.

Per the seemingly differences between BGL and Usman getting a license and Angela and Michael - perhaps different states have different requirements?  Here in MN you can apply for a marriage license in any county and get married in a different county, no problems.  But in some states I believe you have to apply for and get married in the same county you are getting married in.  But more importantly, why do I care?

27 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

They go to impoverished countries, carry with them the carrot of a green card, paw all over their intended as though they are there to sexually gratify them.  It's a sick game.  I applaud the Roses of the world who say I'd rather live in my terrible circumstances than spend one more minute with that deviant.

Well said @sasha206.  It like Entitlement 101 on steroids.  One of the few exceptions was Benjamin of he and Akini.  He seemed genuine, was not about pawing her (wanted to wait until marriage) and seemed to act like a gentleman, at least what we saw.  I had other issues with him, lol, but at least he did not strike me as the "Do you want a green card or not and by the way strip down to your skivvies an hour after we land."   I liked then, and I really like now, Tim.  I am sure there others but I did not watch the beginning seasons like I do now.  Maybe that can be a Covid binge watch thing?

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, mixedmartialmom said:

I honestly think David is like a community theater actor being paid to play the part of a desperate, in-denial American who's being scammed by an international chat site.  I find the entire storyline really contrived.  Same for Yolanda, to a slightly lesser degree...I think a lonely widow could be catfished by a "too good to be true" internet "boyfriend," but she hasn't been paying to talk with him and at least had phone calls & texts with him so his story was a little easier to see someone falling for.  A guy David's age who had $100,000 in disposable cash (or credit lines) believing for SEVEN YEARS that a gorgeous woman 30 years his junior who will only chat briefly via a for-pay translation site is just too far-fetched, even for "reality" TV.  I don't think he's making any trips to the Ukraine without a camera crew, and I don't think there's any danger of him assaulting any young blonde woman in a fit of rage.

That's my theory too.  I know there are stupid people in their world.  But I don't believe this story at all.  I don't believe a man spends that much money for that length of time and has never had a real conversation, never met her.  It's a lot cheaper to go through real Russian dating websites and find a bride.  There's zero chance.  

I could see someone getting scammed like that once over a short period of time.   But this is waaaay too hard to believe.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

That's my theory too.  I know there are stupid people in their world.  But I don't believe this story at all.  I don't believe a man spends that much money for that length of time and has never had a real conversation, never met her.  It's a lot cheaper to go through real Russian dating websites and find a bride.  There's zero chance.  

I could see someone getting scammed like that once over a short period of time.   But this is waaaay too hard to believe.

I agree, unless he had a head injury at some point (and no I don't want that for him) or he is just lower IQ (and I do test IQ's in my job so yeah, there is that) he is either the worst community theater actor around or he is troubling.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Agreed!!  That monkey place looked fun, full of foliage and fauna and kinda cool.  But nope, Ed needs to leave NOW.

Per the seemingly differences between BGL and Usman getting a license and Angela and Michael - perhaps different states have different requirements?  Here in MN you can apply for a marriage license in any county and get married in a different county, no problems.  But in some states I believe you have to apply for and get married in the same county you are getting married in.  But more importantly, why do I care?

Well said @sasha206.  It like Entitlement 101 on steroids.  One of the few exceptions was Benjamin of he and Akini.  He seemed genuine, was not about pawing her (wanted to wait until marriage) and seemed to act like a gentleman, at least what we saw.  I had other issues with him, lol, but at least he did not strike me as the "Do you want a green card or not and by the way strip down to your skivvies an hour after we land."   I liked then, and I really like now, Tim.  I am sure there others but I did not watch the beginning seasons like I do now.  Maybe that can be a Covid binge watch thing?

There are a few that I believe were pretty genuine and maybe were more interested in a wife than the sex partner!

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

"You know what?  I am on a vacation but need another vacation to get away from this squalor.  I know!  Let's go a high end resort, leave Prince at home and all the money that will be spent could be used to buy, oh I don't know.....walls for her dad?  a door for their home? will be used for an over the top dinner, snorkeling, wine, naughty pajamas and of course, anything that I get a charge out of."  

And all this could be yours, Rose, if only....

Edited by BallisticNikki
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Exactly.  Ed is one of the many 90 day F'ers (women included) that don't want someone in their own physical league.  They go to impoverished countries, carry with them the carrot of a green card, paw all over their intended as though they are there to sexually gratify them.  It's a sick game.  I applaud the Roses of the world who say I'd rather live in my terrible circumstances than spend one more minute with that deviant.

HEY!  If Rose does walk from Ed, I bet she could find a nice, person who really does find her amazing to have a solid and healthy relationship.  If they saw, what we saw, why not?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, mayvenne said:

Ooh I forgot to say--- before I was blindsided by the po$$ibility of extra income here--- that possibly the reason there were different requirements between Michael's Nigeria and Usman's Nigeria could be the religion (and yes the states or regions as mentioned above by @BallisticNikki) . I don't recall anything about Michael's religion or where he lived, but Usman was likely in a majority Muslim region? Just a thought.

Then again if that's not right, perhaps it was the scriptwriter for each scene through in a different line???

I believe this is correct.  I have a good friend who is from Nigeria; he is from Lagos and is Christian.  It's my understanding that the northern part of the country is majority Muslim.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I believe this is correct.  I have a good friend who is from Nigeria; he is from Lagos and is Christian.  It's my understanding that the northern part of the country is majority Muslim.

In the first episode BGL said she identified as Christian and Usman was Muslim.

What still makes me wonder... and I know it has been brought up... is what in the world couples like Lisa/Usman and Ed/Rose even talk about before meeting. Clearly, they have no common interests, hobbies, etc. How can they be in love? In love with what? In love with a person who tells them what they want to hear? In love with the idea of the relationship? I would be so interested to know what they talked about. 

I know that the whole wanting to get our of their current situation is a motivator to tell the person what they want to hear and that Ed and Lisa want someone who will feed their fragile egos, but I would love to know how in the world Lisa and Usman claim to be soulmates. 

Couples like Erika and Stephanie at least seem like they could potentially have things in common, but the odd couples -- how did they get there. I would love to see a transcript of an actual conversation.

Same with David and Lana... what did Lana say that kept David on the hook for 7 years, $100,000 and 4 futile trips to Ukraine. I know he's delusional, but...  Yolanda too -- how can they trust these people over facts?

• Love 6
7 hours ago, mayvenne said:

I don't recall anything about Michael's religion or where he lived, but Usman was likely in a majority Muslim region? Just a thought.

I'm pretty sure Michael at some point said he was Christian. Angela brought his mother a "Lord's Prayer" purse. She couldn't have been that clueless about that being inappropriate for a Muslim, could she? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

That monkey place looked fun, full of foliage and fauna and kinda cool.  But nope, Ed needs to leave NOW.

But no "Air Con! Air Con!" 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1