Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Cuts Both Ways

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Sterling said:

Ed should find a nice 50 year-old woman in Southern Cal.  Perhaps she's a single mom, works a nice job, maybe isn't the most attractive woman out there, but wants to find love.  But no, Ed thinks he's above that, so he thinks he "deserves" someone younger than his daughter.

You mean a nice woman with no standards? He is exhausting and needy. He has a loving mother, a daughter who he seems to have a good relationship with, nice friends, a decent job. He needs to learn some big lessons from this failure. Unfortunately, I think he's suffering from Jesse and Tom syndrome and loves the attention and cameras on him. 

• Love 10
Just now, kendi said:

You mean a nice woman with no standards? He is exhausting and needy. He has a loving mother, a daughter who he seems to have a good relationship with, nice friends, a decent job. He needs to learn some big lessons from this failure. Unfortunately, I think he's suffering from Jesse and Tom syndrome and loves the attention and cameras on him. 

Exactly my point!  Ed thinks he is "too good" for a nice, normal woman.  When in fact, he's a misogynistic little pig.  I think he's even worse than Tom or Jesse.  Ed tries to come off as this nice, sweet guy, when in fact he wants this (what he thinks is hot) plaything, where he can dress her up, direct her to shave/brush teeth/wear lingerie, all the while believing she should be so lucky to have him.  

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Sterling said:

Exactly my point!  Ed thinks he is "too good" for a nice, normal woman.  When in fact, he's a misogynistic little pig.  I think he's even worse than Tom or Jesse.  Ed tries to come off as this nice, sweet guy, when in fact he wants this (what he thinks is hot) plaything, where he can dress her up, direct her to shave/brush teeth/wear lingerie, all the while believing she should be so lucky to have him.  

And don't forget that the entire time he is upset about something or other.  He always has to be upset.  And he can't DO ANYTHING without whining about rushing back to sit in the air conditioned hotel room, hoping for sex.   He's scared of EVERYTHING..... thunder, rain, heat, ocean waves, monkeys, shampoo.   I'm sure he screams like a little girl when he sees a spider.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

I completely believe David's and Yolanda's stories to be real.  There are too many similar stories out there:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/romance-scams-cost-online-daters-143m-2018-federal-data-show-n970511

Women aged 40-69 are the largest target, with over $143 million being lost in 2018 alone due to romance scams.

I've done online dating for years, off & on, and I've had hundreds & hundreds of scammers email me.  Always starts the same way:  "Hi Beautiful.You are my sunshine.My life.I want you to complete me."   Yes, there are usually no periods between sentences.

I now write back with, "Should I send you my bank account info, or do you want a credit card?" which shuts 'em down, as they "need" the back & forth heart emoji dance to get the victim hooked.

Edited by Sterling
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Sterling said:

A normal woman is too good for Ed and should have no interest in him. 

His US dating pool is very, very small.  Probably just blind and deaf women, and I'm sure his assholery would come through in braille. 

He isn't rich enough to buy a US trophy wife....or any wife.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I completely believe David's and Yolanda's stories to be real.  There are too many similar stories out there:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/romance-scams-cost-online-daters-143m-2018-federal-data-show-n970511

Women aged 40-69 are the largest target, with over $143 million being lost in 2018 alone due to romance scams.

I've done online dating for years, off & on, and I've had hundreds & hundreds of scammers email me.  Always starts the same way:  "Hi Beautiful.You are my sunshine.My life.I want you to complete me."   Yes, there are usually no periods between sentences.

I now write back with, "Should I send you my bank account info, or do you want a credit card?" which shuts 'em down, as they "need" the back & forth heart emoji dance to get the victim hooked.

I believe that people are that stupid yes.  I just don't believe these two stories.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, 7isBlue said:

My theory is that Ash is a fraud who uses his “relationship coaching” as a front for dating a bunch of lonely women. He never does seminars, that’s why he was so awkward, unprepared, and had no marketing materials.

I agree. Remember when he was having a video session with a client the first thing he said to her was some compliment like, "You look lovely today." 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

In other news, did we hear the results of the photo search the kids did, did they say Weeyumms is actually an Italian fitness model?  Is Yolanda thinking she bagged herself a hot fitness model? LOL!

no, all we saw was a cliffhanger with the reverse photo search engine hourglass spinning around, then Yo's shocked expression when she saw the results. I've done a search on the same photo and got my results in a nanosecond, so the Air BnB must have a very slow connection. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
12 hours ago, RealReality said:

It's also technically possible ......possible, it's someone who lives there and he just doesn't know about it.  

Don't you think if someone who looks like Lana lived anywhere within that housing complex that Anatoly would know it? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

cn74r0nqpjv41.png

I cackled like Baby Grandma Lisa watching Ash get got by the 7 women in his semenar. (Yes, I misspelled on purpose). And then Avery telling him to focus on the love languages. Which, way to rip off someone else's work. And even that, he couldn't get right.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Spike said:

I thought he said somewhere that he has googly eyes when he doesn’t wear glasses.  But the glasses didn’t seem to help.

He first said his bulging eyes were the result of a problem with his contact lenses, but I think his rather thick smudgy lenses further magnified his eye issues (like Danielle.) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Anyone else notice Big Ed's backpack had two patches of HIS OWN FACE on it?  How full of himself is this guy?  Aside from "full enough to fill out his neck area".  

Theft deterrent! It would certainly make me think twice before I would try to make off with it!

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

His fake goodbye platitudes to Mother Varya without looking at her directly gave away his absolute assholiness.

He slunk out the door saying, "Thanks for everything. Nice to meet you. Bye" like Mother Varya was some random stranger he had met casually, instead of someone whose daughter he wanted to marry. He made no attempt to be charming or at all contrite. He had asked Varya if he really had to tell her mother about his past because he knew she would judge him. Wouldn't any parent react that way? What happened to the "my hugs and love" he was supposedly bringing her? 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Suddenly I'm getting ads for hair pieces, large earrings, and goats. Thanks, TLC. 

Seems like they think you are either flying to the London airport to see Williams, going to Nigeria to get mommy's blessing, or trying to take Lola's role on My 600 lb Life!

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

Always starts the same way:  "Hi Beautiful.You are my sunshine.My life.I want you to complete me."   Yes, there are usually no periods between sentences.

I was looking at an online recipe website the other day on Facebook. Suddenly, a handsome man was messaging a couple of women who had commented about the recipe with compliments and asking them to friend him to chat (and possibly more) on FB. (I admit maybe I was a little jealous because he didn't ask me!) But I have to give him props, I thought that it was a pretty brilliant strategy, looking for marks on cooking sites. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Yall I just noticed something. That scene where Big Ed gets pickpocketed by the monkeys? There are 2 bright greenish baggies hanging from his backpack. Aren't those the same ones as what he used to cover his shoes at the pig farm?? Did he rinse them off and reuse them? Did he grab a bunch of them? So many questions.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, magemaud said:

He slunk out the door saying, "Thanks for everything. Nice to meet you. Bye" like Mother Varya was some random stranger he had met casually, instead of someone whose daughter he wanted to marry. He made no attempt to be charming or at all contrite. He had asked Varya if he really had to tell her mother about his past because he knew she would judge him. Wouldn't any parent react that way? What happened to the "my hugs and love" he was supposedly bringing her? 

Yup...Varya's mother could not be charmed by this ex felon so he didn't even show any cordial manners in thanking her properly with looking her in the eye for her hospitality...not even trying to say thank you in Russian...what a putz.

Varya should have let Geoffrey go alone to the woods with his "friend" and stayed with her mom for a few more days...the two could make a whole day  chatting and laughing at the American's ridiculous tattoos and Titittoos....

6 minutes ago, gotta watch said:

Yall I just noticed something. That scene where Big Ed gets pickpocketed by the monkeys? There are 2 bright greenish baggies hanging from his backpack. Aren't those the same ones as what he used to cover his shoes at the pig farm?? Did he rinse them off and reuse them? Did he grab a bunch of them? So many questions.

Producer induced segment for hilarity and the cameras...

🥚 can't act worth shit.

I would have preferred watching a monkey tear 🥚's face off....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 7
On 4/22/2020 at 1:08 PM, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Since Lisa isn't an IV drug user, arms dealer, cigarette lawyer or other lowlife, Usmama had no real option but to give her grudging acceptance.

Also, maybe after seeing her, Mommy Usman assumes Lisa will be dead within a few years and then he can come back home with the ... um, well with nothing more than some crafts from an Amish market. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Not really.   Nobody looks to be getting engaged any time soon.  This is the worst season yet, IMO, no even remotely real couples.  

Three hours,  you have a lot of writing to do 😁

3 hours? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• LOL 1
On 4/27/2020 at 2:26 PM, poeticlicensed said:

The only things left to resolve are convincing David and Yolanda that they were catfished, but based on their lack of awareness, that's never going to happen. 

They can appear together via remote in Las Vegas and fall in love by the end of the episode. 

Nah. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Don't you think if someone who looks like Lana lived anywhere within that housing complex that Anatoly would know it? 

LOL, no, I'm thinking it's maybe someone in the complex using model Lana's pictures. Classic catfish style.  

17 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I am not convinced we WON'T see that on the next episode. 

Not gonna lie that would be funny as hell.  Sad, but hilarious.  They need to set up some type of hidden camera to catch her in the act. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

He's probably the webmaster and knows EXACTLY where Lana lives.  That's where he sends her paychecks.

LOL.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I was looking at an online recipe website the other day on Facebook. Suddenly, a handsome man was messaging a couple of women who had commented about the recipe with compliments and asking them to friend him to chat (and possibly more) on FB. (I admit maybe I was a little jealous because he didn't ask me!) But I have to give him props, I thought that it was a pretty brilliant strategy, looking for marks on cooking sites. 

I can bet you it wasn't a "handsome man" but a Nigerian teenager in an "internet room", where they have rows of computers, looking for marks.  That "handsome man" is just some photo that they screen-grabbed.  I watch too much Dr. Phil.  🙂

During this COVID, I've gotten so many garbage Facebook requests.  Apparently, I'm the most beautiful, warmest, sexiest woman alive.

One actually freaked me out a bit.  I have privacy settings to very high, but a mutual friend must have accepted a friendship from this guy (who I'm convinced is a catfish scammer), who then went into her friends and found me, where he subsequently went into all my posts for the last year, including photos with my now-deceased mom and put all these comments.  I deleted & blocked, but.....ick.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 5
Just now, Sterling said:

During this COVID, I've gotten so many garbage Facebook requests.  Apparently, I'm the most beautiful, warmest, sexiest woman alive.

Likewise.  And my icon is a sheep.  So I guess these men like sheep?

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

So too many episodes of this season plus this past 3-hour blockbuster and here is my takeaway:

WAAAAAYYYYY too many "couples" and despite that a yield of only the following palatable characters: 

Usman
Mommy Usman
Usman's roommates (Giant and Other Usman)
Daughter Yolanda and Son Yolanda
Doggie Varya
The monkey that stole Big Egg's banana.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

So late to the game commenting on this episode.

Ash, this is how you do your seminar.  You have an audience that small (like six women not counting your gf), you have each of them introduce themselves, and ask each of them what has been their biggest issue in their relationship.  Now the seminar is about them, and not you standing up there mansplaining things.  Now they are engaged.  And when it comes time for you to do some lecturing, talk about men and give some real life examples and personal experiences and insights.  Don't talk about women, they're women and know more than you do about themselves.  They're at your seminar to learn something about men.

When the apartment door opened, I so wanted the old guy to say, "Yes, I'm Lana."

David, Yolanda, and Caesar should get together to compare notes.

Ed, there's one big reason why guys in their 50s shouldn't marry women in their 20s.  Now you know the reason.

Stephanie coming out to her family: "I can't hide it anymore, Mom, I'm a fake lesbian."

So what is Tom's current Darcey-clone girlfriend going to say when she finds out that Tom was ready to ditch her to run back to Darcey before Darcey slammed the door in his face?

Yolanda's kinds are smart.  One of them should make a fake Instagram account and start messaging mom as another friend of Williams.  Then when she brings it up, show her the fake account.  Maybe that will knock some sense into her.

Edited by Dobian
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Yolanda's kinds are smart.  One of them should make a fake Instagram account and start messaging mom as another friend of Williams.  Then when she brings it up, show her the fake account.  Maybe that will knock some sense into her.

Or tell her Williams died and his creepy neighbor took over his account.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, magemaud said:
15 hours ago, RealReality said:

It's also technically possible ......possible, it's someone who lives there and he just doesn't know about it.  

Anatoly said that exact thing, that no one who looks like that lived in the building.  (And he lived there since 1995.)  I bet he would be pretty informed about the surrounding buildings as well, for any blonde bombshell sightings.

I liked the other advice he gave.  A good Ukrainian girl would never be on one of those websites.  (ie, sticks to her own countrymen).  Implying whoever David is caught up with is a baddie of some sort.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

And then Avery telling him to focus on the love languages. Which, way to rip off someone else's work. And even that, he couldn't get right.

5 love languages, and he listed 3 maybe 4.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:
On 4/27/2020 at 11:26 AM, poeticlicensed said:

The only things left to resolve are convincing David and Yolanda that they were catfished, but based on their lack of awareness, that's never going to happen. 

They can appear together via remote in Las Vegas and fall in love by the end of the episode. 

Production should have flown Yolanda to Ukraine and put her behind the green door to welcome David!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
6 hours ago, Spike said:

I thought he said somewhere that he has googly eyes when he doesn’t wear glasses.  But the glasses didn’t seem to help.

As soon as I saw him I thought Ash must have an overactive thyroid & apparently on SM he acknowledged that he does.  So why doesn't get it taken care of, like Barbara Bush, Susan Sarandon and many non-famous people? In Ash's case, anabolic steroid use may have caused the hyperthyroidism.  He prepared nothing for his "seminar" except his cut off sleeves & biceps.

When BGL said she didn't want to be treated like a dog, Usman should have said that he didn't want to be ordered around and treated like a dog either.  I didn't really see Mommy agree to give her blessing; the camera switched quickly to Usman & BGL, leaving it to Usman to kill off the marriage himself.

I expect to see Stacey or Nip Slip rummaging around in the recycling bin for the pieces of the letter in the next episode.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

I watch too much Dr. Phil.  🙂

I must too (in the past, not so much nowadays) as there used to be so many of these ladies on the show!  One woman, who seemed sane, was out over $150,000 for some guy.  Her son, daughter in law, friends, were all like, "WOMAN!  WAKE UP!" But no, she doubled down and dug in her heels.  And I do remember this one specifically, but really, I could be describing any women (and a few men as well.)  So what does Dr. Phil do?  Yes he can be grating but here is where he rocked:  He sent a crew down to wherever (Nigeria I think but I am not 100%) and found the internet cafe where her man was working.  IT confirmed the transmissions  were from there, not Italy or France or wherever he said he was.  I could not believe it when she refused to believe Dr. Phil!!!  At that point I was like, "You deserve to eat rice and beans adn live in a 400 sq foot apartment in retirement."

• Love 7
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

The catfisher, ie. the real Lana, could live in the complex. The woman in the photos may not even be Ukrainian.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Unfortunately there are many as stupid as Yolanda.   A few years ago, a Canadian coworker of a close friend was approached on a dating site by a “senior US military officer stationed in Iraq who was leaving the military soon and wanted to move to Canada”.   Yeah, right.   But she believed him and corresponded until all her friends knocked some sense into her.  

I know these things happen, but I don't think they happened to Dave and Yolanda. I think that these two specific storylines are fake. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Kyanight said:

You know, you are right - I don't remember EVER seeing Ash with a genuine smile, either!  Ash is one of those idiots who does nothing but lift weights to build the chest area and does ZERO exercises on his legs and doesn't run to build up his leg muscles.  It makes for a very unattractive body when you have two skinny sticks for legs,  and then Ash accentuates his toothpicks by squeezing them into pre-teen boy's pants.  Ew.

All I can picture while reading this in Uncle Richard Jr!  🤣🤣🤣  Say it with your chest!

• LOL 2

Ash and Avery: Absolutely dumbfounded that a “relationship coach” got too overwhelmed and had to walk away from a normal conversation with his girlfriend. I mean wtf? What a FRAUD! Avery was asking simple, direct questions! Ash isn’t a relationship coach. He flirts with lonely women online for money. Period. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, deirdra said:

Ash has feminine hips compared to his skinny legs.  Does he have any actual training in psychology? Or just opinions?  How much did the women pay for his seminar?

I figure that after Ash declared bankruptcy (does anyone know what his last venture was?), he had to figure out his next move and stumbled upon “life and relationship coaching” which means anything you want it to mean. The bottom line is that he has no credentials, probably read a self-help book, thought “I can do that!”, started trolling the internet for victims clients and managed to pass himself off as someone with some cred when he’s really just a charlatan. He preyed upon women who weren’t willing to think about his advice in a critical way. He speaks in pop psych word salads.

l’m a retired psych professor. Trust me, like Jon Snow, Ash knows nothing. And way to read a room, Ash. You have a group of young women who appear to be career oriented, have grown up to believe that feminism means climbing the corporate ladder (as opposed to what it used to mean, that women should be able to choose whatever direction they wanted to take) and wouldn’t buy the gender caricatures that he presented. Although it worked for middle aged, middle class, under appreciated wives in the 1990’s, semi-aware Gen Z women don’t buy it.

• Love 8

I was half expecting Ash to tell the women that the key to attracting a man's energy is to spend all day cooking your man a wonderful dinner, then get nekkid, wrap yourself in Saran Wrap, and greet him as he comes in the door after work.  Shades of Phyllis Schlafly.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Usman
Mommy Usman
Usman's roommates (Giant and Other Usman)
Daughter Yolanda and Son Yolanda
Doggie Varya
The monkey that stole Big Egg's banana.

I'd also like to add the Ukrainian cafe woman and Anatoly living in "Lana's" apartment. 

4 hours ago, deirdra said:

I didn't really see Mommy agree to give her blessing;

She said something like "I have come to approve of it" with a sigh. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

I'd also like to add the Ukrainian cafe woman and Anatoly living in "Lana's" apartment. 

Also add the kangaroos🦘, the sharks🦈, and the spider 🕷that freaked Avery out in the car. And the rat🐀.

What about the guy in Ash’s go-to flower shop?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I figure that after Ash declared bankruptcy (does anyone know what his last venture was?), he had to figure out his next move and stumbled upon “life and relationship coaching” which means anything you want it to mean. The bottom line is that he has no credentials, probably read a self-help book, thought “I can do that!”, started trolling the internet for victims clients and managed to pass himself off as someone with some cred when he’s really just a charlatan. He preyed upon women who weren’t willing to think about his advice in a critical way. He speaks in pop psych word salads.

l’m a retired psych professor. Trust me, like Jon Snow, Ash knows nothing. And way to read a room, Ash. You have a group of young women who appear to be career oriented, have grown up to believe that feminism means climbing the corporate ladder (as opposed to what it used to mean, that women should be able to choose whatever direction they wanted to take) and wouldn’t buy the gender caricatures that he presented. Although it worked for middle aged, middle class, under appreciated wives in the 1990’s, semi-aware Gen Z women don’t buy it.

The scary thing is that it's not about Ash reading the room.  I think he really truly believes that he wasn't saying anything wrong, or anything that should upset the women.  I think it's the way he really feels.  Avery should run.

• Love 17