Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Cuts Both Ways

• Start Topic

Darcey has a surprise visitor; David doesn't give up on Lana; Ed confronts Rose about her sister; Avery attends Ash's seminar; Stephanie & Erika try to reconnect; Geoffrey & Varya go camping. Yolanda looks for answers.

Airs April 26, 2020.

PART 1 IS NOW ON THE TLC APP

• Darcey has a surprise visitor
  • David doesn't give up on Lana
  • Ed confronts Rose about her sister
  • Avery attends Ash's seminar
  • Stephanie & Erika try to reconnect
  • Geoffrey & Varya go camping
  • Yolanda looks for answers.

Edited by Leilani
  • Love 1

Wow. That was interesting.  Tom, the flip flopping fame whore, needs to pick a direction and run with it.  I hope she tells him to take a hike.  

I’m with Rose; Ed is rude and ugly.  He’s also gross, selfish, self-centered and disgusting but she says her English is limited. 

Avery acts like a Captain in The No BS Zone and I’m glad she’s questioning the babbling Ash.  The seminar should be a trip.  

Stephanie and Erikuuuuh.  😴

I like Varya’s mom and her reservations about the criminal. Her relationship with her daughter is touching.  Hoping the upcoming camping trip is also eye-opening for Varya.  Run, girl.  

Yolanda is still playing stupid. Wondering if it’s her full-time hobby or if it’s just for this show.  

Good stuff to look forward to, along with ding dong David hopefully getting resolution to his Ukrainian pipe dream.  

• Love 21

All these suitcases with crap flowing out of them. I think everyone needs to be introduced to packing cubes. You can stay so organized and fit so much more into your suitcase! 

Stephanie, again claiming to feel this deep connection and love for Erika, yet doing everything contrary to that. Erika is being generous, letting Stephanie wipe the slate clean. 

This trip Ash and Avery are taking  to Melbourne looks so stressful, there’s no chatter or playfulness between them. He looks anxious and she has zero smiles. Sian is willing to meet with her. Avery is already drilling Ash like he's on a job interview so how she'll be with Sian, I can't imagine it being much different. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, kendi said:

Maybe Ed should get to know her better instead of just telling her she stinks. "Oh, this is first time you told me about you having an ulcer." Ed, there's much more you don't know about her, and if you're just gonna jump in and make assumptions, you're not very bright. You keep saying you want to propose, she's trying to show you her life, meet her loved ones and you can only think about your comfort. Hes not forthcoming in information either---tell her about how you want a vasectomy, tell her about your daughter who is older than her, tell her why you lied about your height.

Geoffrey, of course you’re going to be judged when you meet somebody’s family. That’s the whole thing. They get to know you and see how you are with Varya and if you’re a good fit, find out why she wants to be with you. He didn’t even try to embrace the mom or even have a simple Russian phrase for her to thank her for hospitality. A little bit of effort can go a long way and those wildflowers you brought her off the side of the road did not help.

100% disappointed that Usman's mother gave her consent. 

At first I thought he was going to use the ulcer as an excuse to dump her because she is medically imperfect.  But that would be too much hypocrisy even for him.

Edited by Spike
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

He gave her the lingerie and bikini and said "I got you a couple of other things" and my mind was really racing at that point as to what was next.

The toothbrush and mouthwash he gave her next weren't the most thoughtful "gifts" but they were better than the butt plugs that I expected. 

Of course, if he really cares about her health and wants to cure her bad breath, he should have taken her to a dentist or a doctor, rather than giving offering her Listerine and a cheerleader costume or whatever else is in his Sexy Suitcase of Horrors.

Yeah but he was worried about how she would smell when he attempted to mount her that evening in the resort he paid for.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

It was too much to hope that they would resolve the cliffhanger. 

Ed sucks....."I need to take this trip so I can figure out if rose loves me". "rose, can you wear this teddy so we can bang?"

Whoever said Ed is a sex tourist hit the nail on the head.  

Not gonna lie, if I met a hot guy and he had stank breath, I'd probably bounce.  I'm too old to have that conversation with someone it's too hard to teach a middle age dog new tricks.  

3 hours ago, kendi said:

All these suitcases with crap flowing out of them. I think everyone needs to be introduced to packing cubes. You can stay so organized and fit so much more into your suitcase! 

Stephanie, again claiming to feel this deep connection and love for Erika, yet doing everything contrary to that. Erika is being generous, letting Stephanie wipe the slate clean. 

This trip Ash and Avery are taking  to Melbourne looks so stressful, there’s no chatter or playfulness between them. He looks anxious and she has zero smiles. Sian is willing to meet with her. Avery is already drilling Ash like he's on a job interview so how she'll be with Sian, I can't imagine it being much different. 

Erika needs to get a cloak of no. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Stephanie is one of those girls who probably NEVER works out, she is just young and has a decent shape and big boobs.  

I give her like 5 years until her body starts to slow down and things aren't as well put together.    

He almost seemed weirdly annoyed that she dared to have an actual medical condition.  "You're telling me now you have an ulcer?"

I bet he was frustrated that it went against the script he'd written in his head. This is not the way the fantasy goes! 

The bad breath thing is tough to know how to handle, but I found it telling that he 1) automatically assumed she didn't know to brush her teeth and 2) that he addressed it on camera. What did he get out of "outing" her breath to the world? 

• Love 15

6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Prevacid, Pepcid, etc would help more, but a visit to the doctor to treat the ulcer would be better. H. pylori technically CAN be treated with antibiotics, but it's not a quick fix.

5 hours ago, kendi said:

Maybe Ed should get to know her better instead of just telling her she stinks. "Oh, this is first time you told me about you having an ulcer."

100% disappointed that Usman's mother gave her consent. 

Ed is a pig, but there's no delicate way to tell someone they have bad breath. However, Rose's teeth look well-cared for and he shouldn't have jumped to assumptions about her hygiene. Assuming Rose has never had the money to have the ulcer treated, Ed's first step (after delivering a heartfelt and sincere apology for insulting her) should be to take her to a doctor. If they don't have a good doctor in that resort town, he should put her on Prilosec or another proton pump inhibitor (which is probably sold, albeit for top dollar, at the sundry stores catering to American tourists) for a week or two to see if the ulcer suddenly gets better. Once you reduce the amount of acid, which is what a PPI does, there's a decent chance the stomach can heal itself. If that doesn't work, then pay for a damn gastroenterologist to find out what's the matter. I'm sure they have them in Manila.

As for Usman's mom: Like Varya's mom, she's accepting the union because she loves her child and doesn't want to put them in a "them or me" situation. Despite what Usman told BGL, acceptance =/= approval.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

the way Ed talks to Rose is so icky!  His grown daughter must be very proud of dad...

Lisa's constant "mommy" makes me stabby.  She's completely vile through and through.  

The bi girls are  100% fast forward past for me...boring in the extreme.

• Love 18

Mother Usman must have been concerned that he kept saying she loves me and wants to marry me and take me to America.   And even in his talking heads, America is clearly the goal.   I get why is mother finally gave in.  What if Usman just left with Lisa?   This way, he has agreed to come back and visit each year.   Clearly he doesn’t understand how much vacation workers get in the US or how much the airfare will be.   

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Spike said:

At first I thought he was going to use the ulcer as an excuse to dump her because she is medically imperfect.  But that would be too much hypocrisy even for him.

No, I think he WILL dump her because of this, but he will do some song and dance as to why he's not going to propose so that he won't look as bad.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I bet he was frustrated that it went against the script he'd written in his head. This is not the way the fantasy goes! 

The bad breath thing is tough to know how to handle, but I found it telling that he 1) automatically assumed she didn't know to brush her teeth and 2) that he addressed it on camera. What did he get out of "outing" her breath to the world? 

Right?  And even on camera it appears that her teeth have been well taken care of.

8 hours ago, gavinmac said:

The toothbrush and mouthwash he gave her next weren't the most thoughtful "gifts" but they were better than the butt plugs that I expected.

Oh they were in the suitcase, rest assured.  He's going to return them in exchange for nose plugs so that he can boink without holding his breath.  I don't know why it should have been a big deal... many people can hold their breath for one minute which is probably how long it takes him anyway.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I see it like the furry legs thing, by doing these things on camera he's subtly making her seem unattractive to other viewers who might be able to lure her away from him once in the states.

But I did so adore how he instructed her on how to wear a bikini and had a rambling speech about how his dog is also named teddy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Mother Usman must have been concerned that he kept saying she loves me and wants to marry me and take me to America.   And even in his talking heads, America is clearly the goal.   I get why is mother finally gave in.  What if Usman just left with Lisa?   This way, he has agreed to come back and visit each year.   Clearly he doesn’t understand how much vacation workers get in the US or how much the airfare will be.   

Or how long it can take to get a green card to be able to leave the country in the first place.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Kangatush said:

But I did so adore how he instructed her on how to wear a bikini and had a rambling speech about how his dog is also named teddy.

That was a VERY helpful discussion for Rose.  "This part goes on the top....."      Rose was probably thinking that the bikini top was swim trunks for him - and each of his balls was supposed to go in a breast cup.   She was lucky he was there to explain which was the top and which was the bottom.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Yep. He was worried about his own ass. Someone truly worried would've asked how he could help, what could be done for her, etc. He's probably mad that this little doll of his is different out of the box. He doesn't want a real relationship with someone who has real problems. 

We don't know how much Sister Rose asked for, but the fact that he's seen how they live and he's still harping over the money (money apparently not even mentioned again) is another asshole move. He keeps setting this obstacles for Rose-justifications as to why he'll eventually dump her. He doesn't care about the money; it's simply being used as an exit route if he needs it.

I agree.  

Has he ever explained why he couldn't ask rose about this before boarding a plane if it's such a dealbreaker?  Or why he keeps boning her instead of asking her about it if it's such a big deal?  

It's likely because it's not that big a deal.  He is, as someone said (you?) he is basically a sex tourist trying to convince the world otherwise.  

He targeted a woman half his age who lives in desperate poverty.  He dangles the promise of America and a better life in front of her to get some sex.  He has all these "misgivings" and now she needs to pass some "real love" purity test that only ed can judge.  Gaslighting and bait and switch.  

He said he needed this vacation to decide whether or not he can marry rose because this whole money thing is such a deal breaker.  But the first thing he does is hand her a bikini and teddy and a toothbrush so he can have sex with her. 

I'm guessing the "very serious conversation" about Rose's "unacceptable motives" will happen on camera and like a night or two before they head back.  And after plenty of disgusting sex. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, Takitaki said:

This was a really aggravating episode.

First I'm screaming at 'Mommy' Usman to say no; then I'm screaming at Erica to dump Stephanie; and yelling at Tom to leave Darcy the hell alone; followed by wanting to punch Ed in the throat through my screen. (Order may be inaccurate:D )

The only thing I enjoyed was seeing trash Ash fumble while giving his "lesson" and seeing that one woman say he was out of his depth in the preview. Now that's going to be gold.

Are women paying him money for this half hour presentation?  It's half an hour!  If I'm paying money for a lecture, it should be a solid hour of well presented, cogent information.  Does he have a book to sell?  Is this a free presentation to upsell his other services?  

9 hours ago, magemaud said:

It was kind of chilling when David grimly said, “Whether she likes it or not, she’s going to see me tonight.” 

That sent chills down my spine because that is right out of a lifetime movie....about creepy stalkers, not their line of romance movies.  

• Love 18
45 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Are women paying him money for this half hour presentation?  It's half an hour!  If I'm paying money for a lecture, it should be a solid hour of well presented, cogent information.  Does he have a book to sell?  Is this a free presentation to upsell his other services?  

....but he is going to answer questions afterwards....what more could they want?

I wonder if it is normally longer but he is going to edit out the parts that would bother Avery?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

....but he is going to answer questions afterwards....what more could they want?

I wonder if it is normally longer but he is going to edit out the parts that would bother Avery?

I don't understand his job.  He says that he's a relationship coach.  Why does it seem like his clients are all single women?  What relationship is he coaching them on?  And I know I'd be happier if my relationship coach were in a relationship, otherwise what would give them the authority to coach me if they can't do it themselves? 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

I don't understand his job.  He says that he's a relationship coach.  Why does it seem like his clients are all single women?

People already in a relationship are unlikely to go to a "relationship coach." It does seem a bit odd that there were no men there, though.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Takitaki said:

The only thing I enjoyed was seeing trash Ash fumble while giving his "lesson" and seeing that one woman say he was out of his depth in the preview. Now that's going to be gold.

Was he quoting Hugh Hefner or something?  Men are logical goal seekers, women are emotional nurturers etc.  Ugh.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Kangatush said:

I see it like the furry legs thing, by doing these things on camera he's subtly making her seem unattractive to other viewers who might be able to lure her away from him once in the states.

And to reinforce that she is lucky he is still interested so she will be grateful for his altruism.

Next he will tell her she has sandpaper pussy.

Edited by Spike
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5