Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Cuts Both Ways

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, gavinmac said:

I can't imagine he traveled with a huge bottle of Listerine and new toothbrush and then didn't use them for three days and gave them to her.

Actually, I can imagine it. He seems dirty to me, sleeping in the same sweaty clothes, not showering after that long flight to Manila, hopefully he's washed that black t-shirt and shorts he been wearing multiple times (or maybe he brought extra black shirts or shorts, I don't even care).  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

I’d love to see Ash take on Darcey. 
And love to see Jessie and Ash in a conversation. 

Jesse and Ash.  Two people doing a LOT of talking and saying literally nothing.  

Buncha blowhards, both of 'em.  

But a conversation between the two of them would make and excellent, though possibly lethal, drinking game.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

She’s already fucked him and I’m sure she has worn plenty of lingerie in the past. Calling him ugly...(true though it is) says a lot more about her than about him. Not only is she willing to sleep with him) if it was just her I might understand it) but to let some one she finds “ugly”  help raise and influence her son, says a lot about her character. 

Amen. Although he is despicable, I don't understand all of the sympathy for her.   

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Jesse and Ash.  Two people doing a LOT of talking and saying literally nothing.  

Buncha blowhards, both of 'em.  

But a conversation between the two of them would make and excellent, though possibly lethal, drinking game.

They could tour together, motivational speakers in nursing homes. 

Why Ed is not confronting Maria about the money situation makes zero sense to me. He could say, "Hey Maria, you put me in an awkward position--I'm not comfortable having secrets from Rosemarie." Get Maria's story. Don't go blindly to Rosemarie and ask her if she knew Maria contacted him. If Rosemarie didn't know, he's in for a heap of trouble. He saw her temper when he asked her to take the STD test. If she did know and his suspicions are correct, then what? 

• Love 5

So I’m not sure where you all are watching this.  Is it a “first look”? 

Re Rose and the ulcer.  It may be her teeth.  Just because they look ok on tv doesn’t mean she has a bad one.  One bad tooth can smell really bad.  I think Ed is a weird germophobe who is extra sensitive to smells.  
I am extra sensitive to smells.  The smell of one unwashed human in Walmart can send me gagging out the door.  But I think Ed is very extra in his ideas, and didn’t do any research into real life in the Philippines.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Re Rose and the ulcer.  It may be her teeth.  Just because they look ok on tv doesn’t mean she has a bad one.  One bad tooth can smell really bad.  I think Ed is a weird germophobe who is extra sensitive to smells.  
I am extra sensitive to smells.  The smell of one unwashed human in Walmart can send me gagging out the door.  But I think Ed is very extra in his ideas, and didn’t do any research into real life in the Philippines.  

The first hour of this episode is available on demand.

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

The First Look is already up. Rose specifically explains that it's a stomach ulcer causing the halitosis, not her teeth.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

I watch it on the TLC website.  It is a first look.  Available online, on demand, and they show it on tv on I think Fridays.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

I watch it on the TLC website.  It is a first look.  Available online, on demand, and they show it on tv on I think Fridays.

Also on YouTube if you can catch it before the site removes the video.

Some of y’all gotta chill on Ed. Give the man a break for fuck sakes. We all know he can be/say things that are awkward. The gifts he gave her weren’t even bad like some of you are making it out to be. The hygiene stuff shows that he cares and wants her to have good personal hygiene like wtf is wrong with that? A bikini isn’t bad bc what the hell is she gonna swim in if she doesn’t have one? The lingerie is the biggest reach but still...he’s trying see if they can increase their intimacy. I really don’t understand why everyone appears to be Team Rose...I’m Team Ed all the way. Maria asking for money and Rose just calling him fat and ugly...just makes me sick. Something fishy is going on and Ed is definitely feeling that kind of vibe. Lastly...for everyone that still hates on Ed...he’s literally giving Rose experiences she’d never have the opportunity to have without him so show the man a little more appreciate.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

H. Pylori is the bacterium in RM’s stomach that is causing her halitosis(bad breath).

🥚 wants her minty fresh.

RM should just snack on Limburger cheese, kimchi, stinky tofu, raw garlic cloves, slabs of durian (fruit that smells like feet)...anything to keep 🥚 from wanting to kiss.

What other smelly foods do you suggest to keep 🥚away....

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Also on YouTube if you can catch it before the site removes the video.

yeah.  Just by way of info for those of you who can't access on demand, the previews usually show up on Youtube late Tuesday.  But they appear and disappear for the first day or so because youtube takes them down.  But by thursday that stops and you can find an upload that's watchable without issue.  Just search 90df before the 90 days and you'll find them.  However, they are often a smaller window in the lower left corner of the screen...done that way to try and get around youtube's auto system for identifying copywrite or unauthorized uploads.  But it's still watchable.  Hell, in some cases a smaller screen is an advantage.  BGL I'm looking at you!  lol...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

H. Pylori is the bacterium in RM’s stomach that is causing her halitosis(bad breath).

🥚 wants her minty fresh.

RM should just snack on Limburger cheese, kimchi, stinky tofu, raw garlic cloves, slabs of durian (fruit that smells like feet)...anything to keep 🥚 from wanting to kiss.

What other smelly foods do you suggest to keep 🥚away....

Why stop with bad breath? I am all for her eating a big bowl of beans, too! 

The thing is, without treatment for her ulcers, her breath will continue to smell no matter how often she brushes. Ed, on the other hand, could bathe or change clothes. He always looks sweaty and smelly.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

The thing is, without treatment for her ulcers, her breath will continue to smell no matter how often she brushes. Ed, on the other hand, could bathe or change clothes. He always looks sweaty and smelly.

Nothing quite as pleasant as sniffing rancid mayo that is baking in the sun on some man's stringy, greasy hair!  MMm mmm!

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I had big dreams of a better life, thought, and working towards those kept me going.

So you’re saying that becoming a drug dealer was not on your list of things to do as a justifiable source of income and salvation - me neither?  (Shout-out to Geoffrey here).  
I admire these people who live such simple lives, are family oriented, hardworking, living their lives supporting each other.  
As much as the general viewership dislikes the fact that Geoff is a convicted drug dealer, he managed to get a gig on the show and a pretty girl to “love” him.  What if it was an American woman drug dealer (ok, fine, former drug dealer)? Would we be even more critical? Would they even have someone like that on the show?   Personally, I cannot dislike Geoffrey more than I do now.  Clearly he isn’t 100% penitent for his indiscretions.  He has too many excuses.  I feel like he could easily resort to dealing or something equally illegal again if he felt it was necessary.

Edited by Colfrmb
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I agree.  I also think that Usman went and spoke to Mommy while Lisa stayed back at the hotel.  He told Mommy that he wanted to be rich and famous in America, would divorce the infidel in 2-3 years and then marry a good Nigerian woman and have many grandbabies.

Totally!

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, Colfrmb said:

So you’re saying that becoming a drug dealer was not on your list of things to do as a justifiable source of income and salvation - me neither?  (Shout-out to Geoffrey here).  
I admire these people who live such simple lives, are family oriented, hardworking, living their lives supporting each other.  
As much as the general viewership dislikes the fact that Geoff is a convicted drug dealer, he managed to get a gig on the show and a pretty girl to “love” him.  What if it was an American woman drug dealer (ok, fine, former drug dealer)? Would we be even more critical? Would they even have someone like that on the show?   Personally, I cannot dislike Geoffrey more than I do now.  Clearly he isn’t 100% penitent for his indiscretions.  He has too many excuses.  I feel like he could easily resort to dealing or something equally illegal again if he felt it was necessary.

Exactly!   LOTS of people grew up in poverty, or at least living pay check to pay check where they could not have things that they desired.  How many of these people resort to dealing drugs?

Geoffrey seems to be a weak man who wants the easy way in life.  I feel like he is using his poor childhood to excuse his choices, or he sees that it somewhat justifies his decisions.

There is ZERO "spark" between Geoffrey and Varya.  This comes across entirely as a business deal.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Exactly!   LOTS of people grew up in poverty, or at least living pay check to pay check where they could not have things that they desired.  How many of these people resort to dealing drugs?

Geoffrey seems to be a weak man who wants the easy way in life.  I feel like he is using his poor childhood to excuse his choices, or he sees that it somewhat justifies his decisions.

There is ZERO "spark" between Geoffrey and Varya.  This comes across entirely as a business deal.

Look at RoseMarie and her family.   Her father lives in a hut made of pallets beside pigs to make a living.   He didn’t turn to crime.  RoseMarie is willing to marry Ed to help her son.  It is distasteful but she is making a sacrifice, not committing a crime.  

• Love 22
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Reminds me of the movie Like Water For Chocolate...

RM's embarrassment is the foundation of seething hate for her soon to be fiance...looking forward for her to exact her revenge and unleash her hatred of 🥚safely in 🇺🇸

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Reminds me of the movie Like Water For Chocolate...

RM's embarrassment is the foundation of seething hate for her soon to be fiance...looking forward for her to exact her revenge and unleash her hatred of 🥚safely in 🇺🇸

And it just keeps piling on. She's gonna blow.

Also, as far as why she's still with him, everyone in her area now knows that she's shacked up with him. She may feel obligated to see it through. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Geoffrey casts the blame on everyone and everything else. He takes very little responsibility. He blames the situation,  people, etc.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

And it just keeps piling on. She's gonna blow.

Also, as far as why she's still with him, everyone in her area now knows that she's shacked up with him. She may feel obligated to see it through. 

RM is in balls deep.

Suffering the humiliation that 🥚dishes out only stokes her ambition.

Her yelling that "You are ugly"after he gifts her a toothbrush, Crest toothpaste with Scope Mouthwash, Cool Mint Listerine tells the audience that she is a fighter.

Hope she lets her bush from below the equator poke out of the lacy teddy and leave her hairy pits wild....

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

He got the pretty girl to love him by hiding the fact that he's a convicted felon.

What Geoffrey has done is illegal.  What Rose is doing is not. I don't think they're comparable. 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

RM is in balls deep.

Suffering the humiliation that 🥚dishes out only stokes her ambition.

Her yelling that "You are ugly"after he gifts her a toothbrush, Crest toothpaste with Scope Mouthwash, Cool Mint Listerine tells the audience that she is a fighter.

Hope she lets her bush from below the equator poke out of the lacy teddy and leave her hairy pits wild....

Pubic Hare.jpg

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

He got the pretty girl to love him by hiding the fact that he's a convicted felon.

Although some immature women think a bad boy is hot.  Even prisoners have groupies, although that is another trashy show. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Spike said:

Although some immature women think a bad boy is hot.  Even prisoners have groupies, although that is another trashy show. 

And damn if I don't love watching that one, too! 😀

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, kendi said:

He could say, "Hey Maria, you put me in an awkward position--I'm not comfortable having secrets from Rosemarie." Get Maria's story.

He's afraid of Maria. She doesn't look like a 12 year old, and if he confronts her about the money she could "snap" into a Filipina death stare rage and tell Rose not to marry him.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

I hate Ed so much.  Condescending, ugly (I’m not referring to his looks), disgusting person.  I would imagine Rose has had medical care since she knows she has an ulcer and that her breath is a side effect.  She can get back on the Internet to find someone better.  I would take Annie’s David over Ed.  

Annie's David is 10000 times better than this selfish ugly duffus

• Love 24
1 hour ago, gavinmac said:

He's afraid of Maria. She doesn't look like a 12 year old, and if he confronts her about the money she could "snap" into a Filipina death stare rage and tell Rose not to marry him.

Or worse, withhold sex for the rest of his trip. Cause homeboy has no intentions of continuing this once he gets home.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Or worse, withhold sex for the rest of his trip. Cause homeboy has no intentions of continuing this once he gets home.

I disagree. Any American who just wanted sex with a poor young woman in the Philippines could skip the online courtship, the sending of gifts, the night in the leaking rat-infested family shack, and the mouthwash buying, and just go to a strip club/hooker bar in Manila or Angeles City and pay $100 for the skank of his choice.

Ed wants a younger, attractive wife and knows he can't get that in the USA. He's in this for the long term.  They will get married, she will leave him in 2-3 years, and he'll be crushed.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

I disagree. Any American who just wanted sex with a poor young woman in the Philippines could skip the online courtship, the sending of gifts, the night in the leaking rat-infested family shack, and the mouthwash buying, and just go to a strip club/hooker bar in Manila or Angeles City and pay $100 for the skank of his choice.

Ed wants a younger, attractive wife and knows he can't get that in the USA. He's in this for the long term.  They will get married, she will leave him in 2-3 years, and he'll be crushed.

I doubt they will even get married.  I will be shocked if they do.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

Strangely, the drug dealing past, by itself, is the thing that bothers me the least about Geoffrey. 

I totally understand varyas disgust for it because it personally touched her life.  

1 hour ago, cinsays said:

LOL, "david poor is better than..." is a statement that you'd NEVER expect to hear.  Ed is just really bad. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
23 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I doubt they will even get married.  I will be shocked if they do.

Given this show, I'll be more shocked if they don't.  Like 90% of the couples ever on the show shouldn't get married, but off the top of my head, I can't think of any that haven't.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Kangatush said:

Given this show, I'll be more shocked if they don't.  Like 90% of the couples ever on the show shouldn't get married, but off the top of my head, I can't think of any that haven't.

Darcy and Jesse, Darcy and Tom.  😄

• Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

I would have the same opinion if it was a female tbh. But with him it’s a lot more than what he has revealed. I dislike anyone shady

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

I would have the same opinion if it was a female tbh. But with him it’s a lot more than what he has revealed. I dislike anyone shady

I hate how he always plays victim but mostly I hate his shitty tittoos.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
34 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

Many of them that don't get married end up in one of the Spin Off shows and get another season (or more) like Nicole and Azan. I think most of them who get married come from the original 90 franchise where the foreigner that they already have established a relationship with comes to the US. The Americans going overseas to meet in person for shows like Before the 90 Days appear to have a lower marriage rate. But one thing I've noticed for all of these shows is that every couple has some kind of drama that makes you think they're going to break up, then surprise, surprise, by the end of the season they're walking down the aisle. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Darcy and Jesse, Darcy and Tom.  😄

Courtney and Antonio, Sean and Abby, Patrick and Myriam.   I think all the Filipinas so far have gotten married or are still in the relationship and waiting to get married (Hazel).

Edited by gavinmac
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Of course this isn't just about sex. He could hire a hooker for less, but would that get him on TV? No. Ed's a big old famewhore who has been trying to pimp himself out through one avenue or another for years. The point of this wasn't just to get laid, it was to expand his existing audience. 

Ah, OK. Are there Ed groupies yet? Like can he parlay into sex with weird young American women? Didn't Colt start suddenly getting a lot of action after breaking up with Larissa?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, gavinmac said:

I think, as many other posters have said, Ed has bought into a false narrative that Phillipino women are docile and subservient.  Well, I, like many others here, have dealt with Phillipino woman and let me tell you, docile and subservient are NOT two adjectives I would use to describe them!  (I am not grouping an ENTIRE group of women together, this is just my view!) Let's see:   driven, outspoken, not afraid to ask for what they want, loyal, loving, etc. but docile?  Nope.

4 hours ago, cinsays said:

At least they met organically, not through a website aimed at trolling for younger, hotter women.

This reminds me of another Discover Show from like, 15-20 years ago that focused on younger Russian brides.  I actually had a lot of respect for one young woman:  She was married to a man 30 - 35 years older than her.  She openly admitted she was NOT in love with him, (and he knew this) but she loved him, respected him, grateful for the life he provided her, he gave her children and would be faithful to him.   Why can't these people be as upfront?

And because it never gets old:

red flag.jpeg

And then marry that person!!  And be shocked when it ends badly!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5