Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Cuts Both Ways

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Pixilicious said:

There seems to be no chemistry at all between Geoffrey and Varya...they both know, but are playing it out...she can do better than an asshole...love her mother and brother, though

Didn’t they both act in their ITMs like the sex was great?  I wonder if they just did it the one time or TLC thinks additional times are less tittoo-illating.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Funny he only bought lingerie for Rose at the market and Rose was not looking for anything for Prince.

Maybe Rose didn't have any money.  Ed was the one buying sex clothes for Rose and having a conniption fit at not only having to spend $3.40 for ONE WHOLE ITEM but then Rose having the gall to tip the merchant 20 whole cents out of his hard earned money!  I am guessing when Ed goes to a restaurant he doesn't leave tips at all for the waiters/waitresses.  Maybe Rose felt that if Ed bought something for her to wear for HIM, it was one thing because he was "getting his monies worth" but if she asked him to buy a toy for Prince there is nothing in it for Ed.  And seeing how tightly he grasps those pennies in his knuckles, I don't blame her for not even suggesting it.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 4/23/2020 at 8:52 PM, Spike said:

And then he took her for a romantic date to a pingpong show.

Table tennis 🏓 is hot sports ticket in Asia...lots of national pride in teams as well as superstar doubles, mixed doubles and of course singles players.

🥚is just using RM to be on the show.

The local crew is telling her what is up about this stupid man...she will decide whether or not to use 🥚back for Prince’s future or not.

Her eyes are wide open.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I remember an earlier episode when he said he was bringing Prince toothpaste.

You mentioning that jogged my memory. Maybe he originally brought the oral care items with Prince in mind (he called the toothbrush "cute" and it looked like one of those battery powered kids toothbrushes) then when he met Rose he decided that she needed them? But no matter if he brought it for himself or Rose, who drags along a whole litre of mouthwash on a trip? 

We haven't seen him giving Prince any of the gifts he brought for him or nuking the microwave popcorn, but I guess Ed did use one of the condoms. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

My 8yo daughter and I just used a currency converter to see how much Rose tipped the street vendor...it was $.20.

maybe the local custom is to round up the price to the nearest dollar (or whatever it's called in the Philippines?) and not deal with coins for change? Rose works in the Flip Flop Shop, so she must know the drill

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
Just now, magemaud said:

maybe the local custom is to round up the price to the nearest dollar (or whatever it's called in the Philippines?) and not deal with coins for change? Rose works in the Flip Flop Shop, so she must know the drill

That was the first thing I thought, too.

My kids LOVE PewDiePie and he did a reaction video to a lot of Ed's scenes. He's never watched the show, has no vested interest in it. When Rose took the money and paid the guy PewDiePie was like, "Looks like she's just trying to help."

• Love 3

Avery said she was going to ask Ash questions at the seminar. I would love it if she said, "Are YOU in a relationship yourself?" in front of the group (which looked to be about a dozen women.) 

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Table tennis 🏓 is hot sports ticket in Asia...lots of national pride in teams as well as superstar doubles, mixed doubles and of course singles players.

🥚is just using RM to be on the show.

The local crew is telling her what is up about this stupid man...she will decide whether or not to use 🥚back for Prince’s future or not.

Her eyes are wide open.

It was women manipulating ping pong balls with their lady parts.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

It that the same as the talented performers picking up coins with said body parts?

Probably most action Abe Lincoln ever got. 

• LOL 6
44 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Do we really need to make fun of women who feel they have no other recourse than to perform stupid sexual acts for creepy men?

They are talented...no false compliment intended...

Not everyone can sing and dance.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, magemaud said:

But he showed his friend what looks to be a nice diamond engagement ring. I think he went there with the idea of proposing until he met her in person and reality sank in. Now seeing the poverty she lives in, he'll probably figure that she'd pawn it as soon as he boards the plane home (and he could be right, I can't picture her wearing a "rock" around her neighborhood.) 

You sharpened the pencil on the point I was trying to make:  He went there, intending to propose, saw her, saw the poverty she lived in, felt he was a ticket out, felt taken advantage of, no chemistry, a host a things.....and no go on the proposal!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

You sharpened the pencil on the point I was trying to make:  He went there, intending to propose, saw her, saw the poverty she lived in, felt he was a ticket out, felt taken advantage of, no chemistry, a host a things.....and no go on the proposal!

Heard that her bad breath might necessitate a doctor's appointment or two instead of a quick gargle and decided that love was too much trouble, after all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

My hubby wants to know more about that ring she wears on a chain around her neck.  My best guess it was her late mom's ring......thoughts?  

When he pulled out that teddy I cringed for him, seriously!!  Ed, how many times are you going to, ON CAMERA, prove to everyone who will listen, that you are superior to her?  Your "kindness and generosity" are nothing but condescending, jackass!

Ash, Avery is not intimidated by those women.  She is sensing you are full of shit.

Holy hell - what is with the stalker men these days?  "It appears she blocked me.  I have no choice but to go see her!"  Yes you do have a choice, jackass:  STAY AWAY!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 20
On 4/21/2020 at 7:38 PM, FurBabyMama said:

Omg Ed!! And the toothbrush! I loved when she was walking away and Ed is saying “I love you” and her response in tagalog is “you’re ugly”. He’s just so creepy. And the teddy? Seriously? Giving a teddy the first time you meet someone? I would have punched him in his face. 

I totally agree.  Ed doesn't even KNOW Rose.  How dare he give her a teddy?  You give someone lingerie when you're in a real relationship.  Ed has been "dating" Rose on the computer.  He's been dating the computer, not Rose.  I can't believe Ed wants to make sure Rose is in love with him.  Ed isn't in love with Rose at all, he's in love with her youth and her body.

Stephanie and Erika both need to realize that they've been having relationships with their computers.  I used to give Stephanie the side eye, but I kind of get her.  If I was dating a guy who was sleeping with their ex's and their friends, I'd be a bit concerned too.  Glad Stephanie was able to admit that her online persona isn't real.

BTW, Ash wasn't wrong when he told Avery that he's single.  Look, when you fill out a form it says Single/Married/Divorced/Widowed.  I've never filled out a form where it says "in a relationship." (except Facebook I guess).

And then there's this:

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 4/22/2020 at 8:00 PM, RealReality said:

Without even a shred of anger, mother Usman explained her concerns about racism in America and why, given the history of....how shall we say.... involuntary labor that many Africans went through in America, she is worried some old, crusty white lady is going to make her son a servant or a slave. 

Nah, call it what it is SLAVERY.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

That's the first time I've seen the entire "I Love You" music video. I guess SJB went back to the original format for the release and only took the model out for the premiere to shut Lisa up at the club? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Ed needs to realize that he is not Rose's love of her life. There is the significant age difference (it can work in some cases), and that she lives in an impoverished country. Three months of chatting online does not love make. Interest, yes. Does he know Rose's hopes and dreams? Does he know what she likes, what she wants?  Is she funny? Do they laugh together? Do they have any common interests? The rational side of him should know that she sees him only as a way out of poverty. And I'd rather stay poor a bit longer than deal with him. His behaviour has been a bit condescending instead of understanding and he mostly puts his own needs and wants first. Seems to be more about power for him and that he is saving someone. He isn't.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Ed needs to realize that he is not Rose's love of her life. There is the significant age difference (it can work in some cases), and that she lives in an impoverished country. Three months of chatting online does not love make. Interest, yes. Does he know Rose's hopes and dreams? Does he know what she likes, what she wants?  Is she funny? Do they laugh together? Do they have any common interests? The rational side of him should know that she sees him only as a way out of poverty. And I'd rather stay poor a bit longer than deal with him. His behaviour has been a bit condescending instead of understanding and he mostly puts his own needs and wants first. Seems to be more about power for him and that he is saving someone. He isn't.

I bolded a part of your post as I believe they are the most important qualities, and I would add:  "Do you simply like each other?"  Because Rose does not seem to like Ed anymore, if ever.

My hubs has friends with an age difference:  They started dating when she was 21? 22? and he was in his mid 40's - there is 24 years between them.  But here is the deal - they met when she was a server at restaurant, he was a barback and she had enlisted in the armed forces but had not yet gone to boot camp.  She pursued him as he did not want to come off as a perv!  But they have now been married for 10 years, and by all accounts they are still blissfully in love.  He follows her as her military career moves them around the country.  No kids, he was never married before, I think that was the plan.  (I would never ask, lol!) Plus it helps that he has a baby face, lol!!  So yes, big age differences can work (Bogart and Bacall!) but only if there are not hidden agendas.  The reason I share this is not all big age difference relationships are skeevy - but these fools sure are!!

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I bolded a part of your post as I believe they are the most important qualities, and I would add:  "Do you simply like each other?"  Because Rose does not seem to like Ed anymore, if ever.

My hubs has friends with an age difference:  They started dating when she was 21? 22? and he was in his mid 40's - there is 24 years between them.  But here is the deal - they met when she was a server at restaurant, he was a barback and she had enlisted in the armed forces but had not yet gone to boot camp.  She pursued him as he did not want to come off as a perv!  But they have now been married for 10 years, and by all accounts they are still blissfully in love.  He follows her as her military career moves them around the country.  No kids, he was never married before, I think that was the plan.  (I would never ask, lol!) Plus it helps that he has a baby face, lol!!  So yes, big age differences can work (Bogart and Bacall!) but only if there are not hidden agendas.  The reason I share this is not all big age difference relationships are skeevy - but these fools sure are!!

Nope, not all significant age difference relationships are skeevy.  I have no idea if Rose even likes Ed (I don't think so) or if he likes her. She is kinda a possession for him and possibly an indentured servant. She barely enjoys his company and pays a massive price to get out of poverty. Haven't heard Ed say that Rose is kind or loving, laughs at his jokes, makes him feel better about himself and gives him a joie de vivre. She is a girl he hardly knows and wants to change her to be what he wants. Both have agendas.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

When my aunt was 50 she married a 75-year-old,  But he lived to 100 so they had 25 years,  and he was still golfing and driving into his mid-90s.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

That's the problem with this-they show the skeeviest examples they can find and it casts its shadow over everyone. Big age differences can work. Different nationalities can work. Different income brackets can work. But with this crew we could have a couple with the same ages, same language, same income, and similar cultures and they'd still find some way to fuck it up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

That's the problem with this-they show the skeeviest examples they can find and it casts its shadow over everyone. Big age differences can work. Different nationalities can work. Different income brackets can work. But with this crew we could have a couple with the same ages, same language, same income, and similar cultures and they'd still find some way to fuck it up.

Yes I agree!  I have met the male in the relationship, but not the wife. But trust me. my hubs would have PLENTY to say if he thought someone was not respectful towards his friend.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Like Darcy and all of the guys she manages to dig up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 4/22/2020 at 6:09 PM, Spike said:

She may have decided after that exchange that she no longer wanted to be with him.  She has to know that at least the ITM where she calls him rude would air and also that TLC could and would translate ugly from Tagalog.

I actually saw that happen in a movie this week. The subtitles were translating simple English words differently from what the speaker was using.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

He didn't even know she had an ulcer.  He doesn't know anything other than "king" "queen" and "here is your teddy"

I have a chonic medical condition and that definitely comes out before the 4 month mark.  He spent so much time trying to get to know her sexual history that he never asked about her actual health.  

• Love 17

But she is the love of his life!

He doesn’t know her and he didn’t want to when they were online.  That would have ruined his fantasy that this lovely young woman loved him and him being her shining knight.  Instead of a fantasy, when he arrived, he found a real woman with a hard life and imperfections including hairy legs, bad breath and a sexual history that he had previously been able to ignore when they were thousands of miles apart.   His fantasy woman has feet of clay (aka is human) and he doesn’t really want to marry her and bring her to the US anymore, but he has to figure out a justification he can use so he doesn’t look like a bad guy .... and try to have sex with her some more before he breaks the bad news to her.  

Also, I wonder how much he told about his own medical issues when they were online.  Nothing, I will bet. 

• Love 20
21 hours ago, Neurochick said:

BTW, Ash wasn't wrong when he told Avery that he's single.  Look, when you fill out a form it says Single/Married/Divorced/Widowed.  I've never filled out a form where it says "in a relationship." (except Facebook I guess).

Really? These days domestic partnerships are pretty common, I know TONS of people that are in incredibly committed relationships that are not married and would never claim to be single in any context but certifying that they are legally married.

It has actually kind of surprised me how many gay couples I know that I thought would jump to get married that haven't for whatever reason.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, John M said:

Really? These days domestic partnerships are pretty common, I know TONS of people that are in incredibly committed relationships that are not married and would never claim to be single in any context but certifying that they are legally married.

It has actually kind of surprised me how many gay couples I know that I thought would jump to get married that haven't for whatever reason.

And Ash is in Australia.   Things may be different there.  In Canada, you can declare you are in a common law marriage after living together a year (and this has included gay couples for over 2 decades).   That is an option on most forms.  Your common law spouse is entitled to all the benefits as a legal spouse.  

• Useful 4

Ed has no intention of being a daddy to Prince.  He doesn’t want Prince around, ever (or it’s edited to look that way.”   He’s “still deciding “ about Rose.  Then why go to her country, meet her family, etc?  Don’t break their hearts.  
I think Ed might be fun to party with, in the USA in air conditioning.  Much like I think Grangela would be the same.  But Ed is an emotional child who coddles himself.  There’s a reason he hasn’t been in a relationship for what, 28 years.  

• Love 14
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

But she is the love of his life!

He doesn’t know her and he didn’t want to when they were online.  That would have ruined his fantasy that this lovely young woman loved him and him being her shining knight.  Instead of a fantasy, when he arrived, he found a real woman with a hard life and imperfections including hairy legs, bad breath and a sexual history that he had previously been able to ignore when they were thousands of miles apart.   His fantasy woman has feet of clay (aka is human) and he doesn’t really want to marry her and bring her to the US anymore, but he has to figure out a justification he can use so he doesn’t look like a bad guy .... and try to have sex with her some more before he breaks the bad news to her.  

Also, I wonder how much he told about his own medical issues when they were online.  Nothing, I will bet. 

And so far as we know the only person who's lied in this relationship is him. 

• Love 18
49 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Ed has no intention of being a daddy to Prince.  He doesn’t want Prince around, ever (or it’s edited to look that way.”   He’s “still deciding “ about Rose.  Then why go to her country, meet her family, etc?  Don’t break their hearts.  
I think Ed might be fun to party with, in the USA in air conditioning.  Much like I think Grangela would be the same.  But Ed is an emotional child who coddles himself.  There’s a reason he hasn’t been in a relationship for what, 28 years.  

I agree 1000% otherwise he would be planning activities to include him and get to know him.  But nope, gotta jet your mom off to get as much booty call in as I can before I head back to the US.  But first I also need to insult her, demean her and be critical as much as I possibly can, son!!!  Toodles!

17 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Notice he's getting in as much booty time as he can before he brings up the sister/money issue. If it's the big deciding factor shouldn't it have been brought up first? 

I think it was @Mrshanson who brought this up first, but he'd be exhausting in bed, and NOT in a good way. Every few seconds it would be "do you like this" or "how's this". He tries to play it off like he's doing it for her benefit, but it's not. Homefry needs more positive reinforcement than a room full of first graders learning to tie their shoes. 

Why yes, @mamadrama, it was me who suggested he is exhausting all the way around, especially between the sheets.  Look, Ed, if you have to ask.......

It still grates me that he was hammering so hard about her "past" before he "met" her on FB.  If I was chatting with some guy on FB, I would tell him what it is:  We are talking.  I am going on a date tonight with Steven from Marketing because, Man on Internet, we are NOT dating, got it?  And Rose could have slept with 20 guys and guess what Ed?  None of your business!!!

Per disclosing medical issues - you think he would have asked some questions if is so concerned with her.  But he was so focused on calling her "My Queen" and fantasizing over her sexually he did not want to see reality!  I had gastric bypass in 2006 and I disclosed to my now hubby rather soon because I eat five or six small meals a day and I am the pokiest eater, ever.  I just didn't want him to think I had an eating disorder!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 15

I think Ed might be fun to party with, in the USA in air conditioning.

To me, nothing about Ed looks like it would be fun. He's a self-centered whiner who'd probably find something to bitch about no matter how good a time other people were having. Even if there was air-conditioning, he'd complain that it was blowing on his neck. If he had a neck.

I've seen my share of loathsome, despicable people on reality TV, but Ed is in a class by himself.

On 4/24/2020 at 3:32 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

And as for wanting a better life for Prince, as a parent myself we can assume (there is that word again, lol!) that every parent wants a better life for his/her child.

I don't have a good feeling about Rose. Prince feels kind of incidental in her life. She fobs him off on her sister without any (visible) hesitation or sadness. Maybe that's just what she feels she needs to do to achieve the ultimate goal, but I'm dubious about her deep maternal devotion.

Edited by Mondrianyone
to fix a misaccreditation
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

To me, nothing about Ed looks like it would be fun. He's a self-centered whiner who'd probably find something to bitch about no matter how good a time other people were having. Even if there was air-conditioning, he'd complain that it was blowing on his neck. If he had a neck.

I've seen my share of loathsome, despicable people on reality TV, but Ed is in a class by himself.

I don't have a good feeling about Rose. Prince feels kind of incidental in her life. She fobs him off on her sister without any (visible) hesitation or sadness. Maybe that's just what she feels she needs to do to achieve the ultimate goal, but I'm dubious about her deep maternal devotion.

Don't know why my username is in the comment box. It's not my comment.

I'll give Rose a pass on the hesitation/lack of sadness. In situations like that we have no idea what went on off camera or what got left on the cutting room floor. I actually feel good about her parenting because we only saw a few seconds of him, unlike most of these people who parade their kids before the camera.

Anyway, I never judge other mothers for that crap. Look, I love my kids. They're the reason I get up in the mornings (okay, afternoons). They're my world. They are also with me 24/7. Sometimes, however, I enjoy alone time and adult time. And yes, while I DO occasionally show sadness and hesitation when they go to my mom's, 9 times out of 10 it's usually my husband and I doing the Carlton Banks boogie back to the car. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

Hi, peeps! Good to see you all!

At last, the non-Lana reveal! At least the guy was nice and friendly. Which makes me think he could be a production plant. Otherwise, I'd expect some irritation at being disturbed by some weirdo looking for a playmate.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
On 4/25/2020 at 5:37 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

What did he expect, that she liked him for his appearance and winning personality?  He’s horrible in every way.  

• Love 12